PDA

View Full Version : This Free Agency is Weird

FaceDown91
07-16-2009, 03:42 AM
The Free Agency is exciting and all but also really strange at the same time. I mean this whole thing begun at July 1st and July 8th was supposed to be where everybody signs. But why is players like Odom, Allen Iverson, David Lee, etc. still not signed yet?

It might be just me but i just feel it's really weird that July 8th was the date everybody was supposed to sign to a team yet there are still big name players not signed yet while we are in a middle of the summer league.

Maybe i haven't notice this sort of thing happens every season since i have not seen so much big name players in one free agency. I don't know like i said i just think it's weird. (how many times have i said weird lol)

Any Thoughts? Do any of you feel the same way?

Spurred1
07-16-2009, 03:55 AM
The players you mentioned:
Odom-He's negotiating/looking for the best contract.
Iverson-Looking for someone to take him. He might want more money than teams want to offer.
Lee-Reportedly wants big money. Many teams are saving for the supposed 2010 dreamy offseason and may not want to commit to paying him that big money. Not like the Knicks are going to trade him away for crap, either.
There's a number of reasons why good players haven't been signed yet.

Kyben36
07-16-2009, 05:01 AM
There are alot of factors, 1) the economy is bad. 2) 2010 is right around the corner, so some teams dont want to give out big contracts, 3) there are few teams with cap room.

David Lee wants more than anyone can even offer him.

AI is considering retirment, also, doesnt realize his age. He wants to be a starter, and he just isnt.

Odom wants more than the Lakers think he is worth, and other teams dont have the cap room to please him.

asandhu23
07-16-2009, 05:04 AM
and...yet Warriors management does nothing. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hawkeye15
07-16-2009, 08:29 AM
fear of the cap lowering again, fear that attendance will drop if the economy continues to eat it. Some of the players listed are either one foot in the grave, a glorified role player, or in Odom's case, an inconsistent player who has proven he shows up once in a while, and he wants $10 million a year. They will all sign, but they need to come down off their high horse.

mikantsass
07-16-2009, 08:49 AM
We are also in the middle of the worst recession since the Great Depression. That plays a HUGE factor as well.

BALLER71
07-16-2009, 08:52 AM
My thoughts: I hate restricted free agency.

Sportfan
07-16-2009, 08:52 AM
They're all greedy and want top dollar (well not AI for him its just that teams dont want him)

FairWeatherFan?
07-16-2009, 09:14 AM
My thoughts: I hate restricted free agency.

Until it benefits your team

S-Dot
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
The Economy along with the anticipation of 2010 has really hurt this year's free agents. I feel sorry for players like David Lee, Marquise Daniels, Flip Murray, and Rashad McCants who can really help teams but have been overlooked thus far.