PDA

View Full Version : Heat targeting both Boozer and Odom

JordansBulls
07-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-odomboozer071509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Pat Riley has listened to Dwyane Wade(notes) express his unease with the Miami Heat sitting out the Eastern Conference’s arms race this summer. As the Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers and Orlando Magic elevated themselves as championship contenders, the Heat president sold his superstar on patience, promising a plan to surround him with talent for the long run.

Now, the Heat are working furiously to deliver Lamar Odom(notes) and Carlos Boozer(notes) to the shores of Biscayne Bay. The Heat are trying to sell Odom on a five-year, $34 million contract at the mid-level exception, and a league executive with knowledge of the talks says Miami has also hatched a three-way proposal with the Utah Jazz and Memphis Grizzlies to secure Boozer.

The essentials of a possible deal would include Miami sending forward Udonis Haslem(notes) and Dorell Wright to Utah. Because Memphis is under the cap, Utah could move Wright’s $2.8 million salary to the Grizzlies and save itself approximately $5.6 million with salary and luxury-tax payments. Memphis would probably get cash and picks for its trouble. The Heat would have to send one more small contract to make the math on the salary exchange work.

Miami could pay Boozer his $12.7 million salary this season and own his Bird rights to sign him to an extension next summer.

The deal isn’t considered imminent, but the Jazz are working hard to find a suitable trade for Boozer

jdricks
07-16-2009, 12:14 AM
If the Miami Heat pick these 2 they will be a scary team to play against. They will be long, with great intangibles that would scare any team on the schedule. This would be a great move for the Heat now and in 2010.

Jonathan2323
07-16-2009, 12:15 AM
:up:

i love Pat Riley!

static_inferno
07-16-2009, 12:16 AM
why Odom would accept MLE money over $8-10 mil a year with the Lakers is beyond me.

Jonathan2323
07-16-2009, 12:18 AM
why Odom would accept MLE money over $8-10 mil a year with the Lakers is beyond me.

i don't no either but maybe because it would be a 5 yr deal,no state income tax and he played in Miami before.

LA_Raiders
07-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Boozer for crap, lol good luck there Riley, and Odom probably would have to go as a S&T too...

Odom for Beastly would do it...lol

ko8e24
07-16-2009, 12:34 AM
and odom wouldnt even start cuz booz and him are both PF. unless he wuld play at SF. but hey guess wut, keep dreamin miami, at the end, LO will stay to win another title rather than having an early playoff exit against any one of the big 3 of the east

Jonathan2323
07-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Lakers fans are haters!!:)

kntresistheheat
07-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Remember boozer has a say so in where he goes since its a S&T, So thats why he has not gone to chicago and prefers miami since he lives here and utah is just trying to get rid of him before friday cause the they will loose milsap. As for odom he loves riley and miami and he was looking more for long time securtiy thats why he did not accept the 8mil for 3yrs he wants to have a 5yr contract and make it his final stay, and of course he did not like the fact that they went out and signed artest:shrug:

EastCoastBaller
07-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Chalmers
Wade
Odom
Boozer
J. O'Neal

6th Man: M. Beasley

EastCoastBaller
07-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Sounds pretty good to me.

Boston Faithful
07-16-2009, 12:38 AM
The Heat would be just as good as the Lakers - but not the Celtics, Magic and Cavs.

The East would have the four best teams in the league. If this happened, the Lakers would have had a horrible offseason.

The Celtics picked up Wallace and will most likely re-sign Big Baby on top of a bi-annual guy, the Cavs picked up Shaq along with Anthony Parker and re-signing Varejao and the Magic got Carter and Bass along with Gortat re-upping.

The Lakers losing Odom and Ariza for Artest would be a big hit.

blah-blah
why is the eastern getting so good dam*

Ace33Bone
I can see the Heat getting Boozer who would help immensely but they will not and listen to me clear will not secure both him and Odom

kntresistheheat
07-16-2009, 12:39 AM
Mark my words, These two deals will be done by friday and they would be introduced together!

Mark stein..:p

abe_froman
07-16-2009, 12:45 AM
well i expect wade to sign that extension now

MTar786
07-16-2009, 12:46 AM
The Heat would be just as good as the Lakers - but not the Celtics, Magic and Cavs.

The East would have the four best teams in the league. If this happened, the Lakers would have had a horrible offseason.

The Celtics picked up Wallace and will most likely re-sign Big Baby on top of a bi-annual guy, the Cavs picked up Shaq along with Anthony Parker and re-signing Varejao and the Magic got Carter and Bass along with Gortat re-upping.

The Lakers losing Odom and Ariza for Artest would be a big hit.

LOL congrats!! u have officially lost all credibility on PSD :clap:

J$mo0th_3o5
07-16-2009, 12:47 AM
:ohno::jumpy::dance::faint:

Jonathan2323
07-16-2009, 12:48 AM
well i expect wade to sign that extension now

no because it would be a 3 yr extension and next year he could get a 6 yr deal.

J$mo0th_3o5
:up:

i love Pat Riley!

:worthy:Pat Riley

Highlight
Mark my words, These two deals will be done by friday and they would be introduced together!

I think Boozer to Miami has a great chance of happening and that would be an amazing pick up for Wade and crew, but when it comes to LO, I truly doubt he takes that offer. The Lakers offered LO a 3 year 30 million dollar deal and a 4 year 36 million dollar deal, so basically 3 years and 10 million per and/or 4 years at 9 per.

The only way I see Odom going to the Heat is through a sign and trade, which would still hurt the Lakers most likely, but I think it's more of a possibility then Odom walking and taking the 5 year 34 million (6.8 million per).

Then again, what could be a big possibility is since Jerry Buss took both offers off the table, it could mean that he's done with Odom and doesn't want him back. That would suck for the Lakers, but Jerry has been known to be that way. According to reports, Odom didn't even respond to both offers Jerry Buss left him, so Jerry pretty much was infuriated and pulled both offers off the table.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. This summer (I must say) is quite entertaining.

DCB/LAL
07-16-2009, 12:54 AM
and odom wouldnt even start cuz booz and him are both PF. unless he wuld play at SF. but hey guess wut, keep dreamin miami, at the end, LO will stay to win another title rather than having an early playoff exit against any one of the big 3 of the east

Dude really no need for that S**T you hate it when people talk like that about the LAKERS so dont do it back and this would improve the HEAT dramatically!!! I really hope he stays with LA though:pray:

IversonIsKrazy
07-16-2009, 12:57 AM
I dont c Odom going to Miami for the MLE even though he can re-sign with the CHAMPIONS for over $7M. The Boozer thing has a chance of happening, a good chance, i still hope he ends up gong to Chi-town.

marlinsfan24
07-16-2009, 12:58 AM
Dude really no need for that S**T you hate it when people talk like that about the LAKERS so dont do it back and this would improve the HEAT dramatically!!! I really hope he stays with LA though:pray:

:clap:

I see LA going after Gerald Wallace hard if they don't get Odom back.

Wade_County
07-16-2009, 01:02 AM
The Heat are "working furiously" to trade for Carlos Boozer and sign free agent Lamar Odom, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

The Heat are trying to pull of a three-team deal that would send Boozer to Miami, Udonis Haslem to the Jazz, and Dorell Wright to the Grizzlies along with cash and draft picks. Three reasons this might actually happen -- Odom is in a standoff with the Lakers and has few other suitors, the Jazz are highly motivated to trade Boozer, and Dwyane Wade has been publicly asking for help in Miami. Nothing is imminent, but stay tuned. Jul. 16 - 12:09 am et
Source: Yahoo! Sports

Ware_Spencer
07-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Remember boozer has a say so in where he goes since its a S&T, So thats why he has not gone to chicago and prefers miami since he lives here and utah is just trying to get rid of him before friday cause the they will loose milsap. As for odom he loves riley and miami and he was looking more for long time securtiy thats why he did not accept the 8mil for 3yrs he wants to have a 5yr contract and make it his final stay, and of course he did not like the fact that they went out and signed artest:shrug:

Boozer opted in. It is not a sign and trade. He is signed on the Jazz for 1 more year. That is what opted in means. Boozer has no say in where he goes. Jazz can trade him to the Kings. He doesn't have a say whatsoever. No where in his contract states that either.

That is not the reason he hasn't gone to Chicago. The Jazz want a team with cap space. And the Bulls don't want to give away Hinrich & Thomas for just Boozer. So they need a 3rd team with cap space & also a young player the Bulls like.

They don't have to make this trade by friday either. They can wait until the trade deadline if they wanted to. The luxury tax penalties don't start until the end of the coming year. They have all the time in the world. But knowing how the front office works they won't want drama here so they will trade him quickly. Either way he is gone before training camp.

Highlight
07-16-2009, 01:05 AM
:clap:

I see LA going after Gerald Wallace hard if they don't get Odom back.

That would be a great pick up for LA, but we truly don't have the pieces to offer Charlotte. Maybe if they lose Felton we can offer Farmar and pieces, but like I said I doubt it. Plus we are already cool at the SF spot. If we lose Odom we will need some more front court depth. We will either be looking to upgrade the PG spot or pick up a more reliable back up big. Powell and Mbenga are not good consistent back ups.

All I know is this off season is pretty damn entertaining.

Jonathan2323
07-16-2009, 01:05 AM
^Boozer wants out. so it could happen soon

Highlight
07-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Boozer opted in. It is not a sign and trade. He is signed on the Jazz for 1 more year. That is what opted in means. Boozer has no say in where he goes. Jazz can trade him to the Kings. He doesn't have a say whatsoever. No where in his contract states that either.

That is not the reason he hasn't gone to Chicago. The Jazz want a team with cap space. And the Bulls don't want to give away Hinrich & Thomas for just Boozer. So they need a 3rd team with cap space & also a young player the Bulls like.

They don't have to make this trade by friday either. They can wait until the trade deadline if they wanted to. The luxury tax penalties don't start until the end of the coming year. They have all the time in the world. But knowing how the front office works they won't want drama here so they will trade him quickly. Either way he is gone before training camp.

Good post.

Highlight
07-16-2009, 01:07 AM
^Boozer wants out. so it could happen soon

It's not just that Boozer wants out. Utah wants him out too.

Utah has stated that Boozer is not in their long term plans and Boozer is cool with that. He says he's ready to go.

Ware_Spencer
07-16-2009, 01:15 AM
It's not just that Boozer wants out. Utah wants him out too.

Utah has stated that Boozer is not in their long term plans and Boozer is cool with that. He says he's ready to go.

Thanks.....Your correct on both want to go there separate ways. But according to local sources here in Utah. As soon as Boozer opted in he demanded a traded.
Than he goes out in the media and is stating that the front office made the decision so he doesn't look like the bad guy.
I have paid very close attention to the front office of the Jazz and how they work with the media. If something like that was said they always say no comment and move on. Never answer questions.
But the Owner(Greg Miller) and GM(Kevin O'Conner) both said we never said anything like that to Boozer.

Just for your info. Meaningless except that this makes more sense to me and adds onto Boozers so called character. According to some friends who golf with certain Jazz players on a consistent basis. He is a guy nobody trusts in the locker room and there is some really bad stuff going on behind the scenes. After Boozer got divorced he made some bad decisions with other players girlfriends/wifes......lol I will leave it at that.

Boozer likes to burn bridges it seems.

akesh99
07-16-2009, 01:24 AM
Wouldn't bringing in Boozer stunt Beasley's development? As far as I know, Riley was pretty adament on developing him as a PF and not a SF. Could Beasley be on his way out in the grand scheme of things if Boozer goes to Miami and gets locked up long term? Or are the Heat satisfied with their No. 2 selection playing less than 20 mins a game?

RaiderLakersA's
07-16-2009, 01:25 AM
If this happened, the Lakers would have had a horrible offseason.

Funny, you say that as if this deal sounds the closing alarm for the off season. I can assure you Lakers management have already weighed losing Ariza and Odom and have a plan B.

OT Thriller
07-16-2009, 01:28 AM
This is a Miami Heat fan's pipedream. No way they get both. Maybe one but not both Boozer and Odom.

Jonathan2323
07-16-2009, 01:32 AM
This is a Miami Heat fan's pipedream. No way they get both. Maybe one but not both Boozer and Odom.

a fan did not make this story. A well know reporter did and it is possible. Jazz want cap space and Miami has a 5 mil trade exception and Odom may take a 5yr deal for the MLE.

Joe505
07-16-2009, 01:33 AM
Well if they get them both, watch out NBA. And Wade stays. Great all around for Pat Riley.

dee279
07-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Odom actually said he would be ok with a reunion with the Heat, and everyone knows Miami is where Boozer is living and wanting to be. It could happen easily and quickly.

Jonathan2323
07-16-2009, 01:45 AM
make it happen!!!!

chicago~bulls1
07-16-2009, 01:46 AM
boozer to chitown :)

lakerssssssss
07-16-2009, 01:48 AM
to all miami fans.
stop daydreaming.
lakers offered lo 3 years 30 million and he rejected it.
this means lo WONT take an additional 2 years for just 2 million more.
if lo leaves lakers, he'll go to team that could offer him the most money and years.
only way lo goes 2 miami is through sign and trade.
mitch isn't stupid and wont take bad players back for lo.
only trade that makes sense is lo for beasely AND chalmers.
if miami does that trade, which i doubt they will, they wont have any1 else to give up to get boozer. miami could get boozer but there's No way they will b getting boozer and odom or even just odom.

Denver-boy
07-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Nuggets just signed Lamar Odom, 7-year contract for a bag of gummy worms! SWEET!

lakerssssssss
07-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Odom actually said he would be ok with a reunion with the Heat, and everyone knows Miami is where Boozer is living and wanting to be. It could happen easily and quickly.
u make me crack up. odom also said he is willing to take a paycut to resign with the lakers,but is he,NO!
if odom rejected BOTH 4 yrs 37 mil AND 3 YRS 30 mil there's NO way he'll accept 5 yrs 34 million.
i dont know where boozer is going and frankly i dont care but lo is NOT going to miami.

Iron24th
07-16-2009, 01:52 AM

Keep dreaming bro ;)

chicago~bulls1
07-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Nuggets just signed Lamar Odom, 7-year contract for a bag of gummy worms! SWEET!

hahaha i was in shock until the bag of gummy worms thing

abe_froman
07-16-2009, 02:02 AM
boozer to chitown :)

hahaha will never happen

chicago~bulls1
07-16-2009, 02:10 AM
^

hey man a kid could dream haha

abe_froman
07-16-2009, 02:17 AM
^

hey man a kid could dream haha

if your a bulls fan no

dee279
07-16-2009, 02:19 AM
u make me crack up. odom also said he is willing to take a paycut to resign with the lakers,but is he,NO!
if odom rejected BOTH 4 yrs 37 mil AND 3 YRS 30 mil there's NO way he'll accept 5 yrs 34 million.
i dont know where boozer is going and frankly i dont care but lo is NOT going to miami.

Well im glad i can make u laff. Eventhough i really dont know why you laughing because him not signing with the lakers could be something internal. Unless you have an inside scoop on things, you so called crackin up must be from some drugs or sumthin cuz im saying what he said. He would be ok with a reunion with the Heat.

dee279
07-16-2009, 02:20 AM

Maybe for a life time supply.

x_notorious
07-16-2009, 02:53 AM
Well im glad i can make u laff. Eventhough i really dont know why you laughing because him not signing with the lakers could be something internal. Unless you have an inside scoop on things, you so called crackin up must be from some drugs or sumthin cuz im saying what he said. He would be ok with a reunion with the Heat.

Internal like what? Winning a championship? Offering a 3 year deal/ 10 million per AND a 4 year/ 9 million per? Signing a guy who has been a child hood friend of his? Which one?

Odom and his camp would be absolutely idiotic if they accepted this deal from Heat. Is years more important than actual money here?

Boston Faithful
07-16-2009, 02:58 AM
LOL congrats!! u have officially lost all credibility on PSD :clap:

Oh yeah. I assume you are a Lakers fan, an ignorant one.

The Lakers just lost two key championship pieces - Odom and Ariza and gained Artest. They didn't face the best team in the league in the Finals due to injury (Celtics) or the team that would have likely beat them (Cavs) in the Finals.

The Heat won about 45 games without Odom or Boozer - with both of them? Are you kidding? They would definitely blow away an Odom and Ariza-less team.

The Lakers are not nearly as good as the Celtics, Cavs or Magic as presently constructed. The Celtics got a 4 time All-Star, one of the best sixth men now off the bench this offseason. The Cavs got Shaq added to an already 66 win team and the Magic got a perennial All-Star in Vince Carter. The Lakers have lost WAY more than they have gained this offseason.

Let's compare:

Heat
PG Chalmers
SG Wade
SF Odom
PF Boozer
C Jermaine O'Neal
6th Man Michael Beasley

Lakers
PG Fisher
SG Kobe
SF Artest
PF Gasol
C Bynum
6th Man ???

The Lakers backcourt has more experience while the Heat one is younger with more athleticism. Wade is only improving - Kobe has reached his peak, but I would rather have Fisher than Chalmers at this point in time. I would say it's basically a wash. Artest is better than Odom and Boozer is better than Gasol. Bynum was horrible in the playoffs and is basically a wash with Jermaine at this point. Beasley beats ANYTHING off the Lakers bench - by far.

No one knows how Artest will mesh with the Lakers - he's volatile. And no one knows how this Heat team will work together. But the Heat have put themselves in the conversation with the top 3 East Teams if they pull these deals off.

lakerssssssss
07-16-2009, 03:04 AM
Odom wants money and years.
if miami offers him 5 yrs at mle, odom gets his years but not his money.

lakerssssssss
07-16-2009, 03:05 AM

i don't know how many times i could say this.
ODOM TURNED DOWN 4 YRS 36 MILL AND 3 YRS 30 MIL.
ODOM DID NOT TURN DOWN THOSE DEALS TO SIGN ONE FOR 5 YRS 34 MILL.
i don't need an inside scoop to know this
i have a brain and you don't.
its that simple.

Boston Faithful
07-16-2009, 03:07 AM
[QUOTE=dee279;10161752]Well im glad i can make u laff. Eventhough i really dont know why you laughing because him not signing with the lakers could be something internal. Unless you have an inside scoop on things, you so called crackin up must be from some drugs or sumthin cuz im saying what he said. He would be ok with a reunion with the Heat.[/ QUOTE]
its that simple.

Ariza did the same thing. It's basically an issue of pride. Ariza got offered more money from the Lakers but took the Rockets deal. They wanted to be rewarded for their hard work, determination, effort and skills but the Lakers did not show them any love - so they took less money from a team they thought would appreciate them more. It's the same case with Odom - and plus he would be getting five years as there is no guarantee his skills will be just as good at the end of a 3 yrs Lakers deal. Plus Miami doesn't have the taxes LA does.

x_notorious
07-16-2009, 03:12 AM
Boozer better than Gasol? :laugh:

I know you hate the Lakers, but be real here, Gasol is a much better player than Boozer. Don't let your homerism blind you.

Sean McG
07-16-2009, 03:15 AM
Would they still be able to offer Wade a max contract after adding their two salaries?

Boston Faithful
07-16-2009, 03:17 AM
Boozer better than Gasol? :laugh:

I know you hate the Lakers, but be real here, Gasol is a much better player than Boozer. Don't let your homerism blind you.

Of course Boozer is better than Gasol. He's tougher, he's a better rebounder and a more rugged scorer. Gasol is more finesse and is extremely soft. He's quite skilled, but I'd rather have Boozer than Gasol anyday. There is some sort of Gasol love on this board ever since the Lakers won the Finals. He's so soft and this time last year everyone was ragging on him for just that.

Lakers fans are so blind. :rolleyes:

DQL
07-16-2009, 03:22 AM
to all miami fans.
stop daydreaming.
lakers offered lo 3 years 30 million and he rejected it.
this means lo WONT take an additional 2 years for just 2 million more.
if lo leaves lakers, he'll go to team that could offer him the most money and years.
only way lo goes 2 miami is through sign and trade.
mitch isn't stupid and wont take bad players back for lo.
only trade that makes sense is lo for beasely AND chalmers.
if miami does that trade, which i doubt they will, they wont have any1 else to give up to get boozer. miami could get boozer but there's No way they will b getting boozer and odom or even just odom.

Haha its you Lakers fan need to stop daydreaming. No way you can get Beasley let alone Beasley+Chalmers. Odom is not even an all-star. He is definitely not worth a 2nd overall pick. Stop overrating your own players and lower other players' value. Even if Beasley doesnt turn out to be the player people expected, he is still more valuable than Odom. The Heat did not tank the 07-08 to get Odom

Peace

x_notorious
07-16-2009, 03:24 AM
Of course Boozer is better than Gasol. He's tougher, he's a better rebounder and a more rugged scorer. Gasol is more finesse and is extremely soft. He's quite skilled, but I'd rather have Boozer than Gasol anyday. There is some sort of Gasol love on this board ever since the Lakers won the Finals. He's so soft and this time last year everyone was ragging on him for just that.

Lakers fans are so blind. :rolleyes:

So soft yet on the biggest stage, he shut down the next big thing in Dwight Howard, right? Compare Howards stats to the rest of the playoff series and they aren't even remotely close and that's with Gasol guarding him 95% of the time.

Gasol's has MUCH more win shares than Boozer in his career and Gasol also takes the cake at PER.

On the offensive end, Gasol is much more efficient than Boozer.

lakerssssssss
07-16-2009, 03:25 AM
[QUOTE=lakerssssssss;10161964]

Ariza did the same thing. It's basically an issue of pride. Ariza got offered more money from the Lakers but took the Rockets deal. They wanted to be rewarded for their hard work, determination, effort and skills but the Lakers did not show them any love - so they took less money from a team they thought would appreciate them more. It's the same case with Odom - and plus he would be getting five years as there is no guarantee his skills will be just as good at the end of a 3 yrs Lakers deal. Plus Miami doesn't have the taxes LA does.

lakers offered him 4 yrs 36 million.
why would lamar take 1 more year for 2 less million.
ariza's situation was different.
ariza's agent thought he could get more for ariza but that ended up backfiring b/c lakers got artest for mle and that basically set the market price for ariza.
furthermore, lakers will NOT let lo go w/o getting sum1 in return.
this means if lakers think they cant get lo to resign the'll b looking for a sign and trade and like i said that means beasely AND CHALMERS.
miami wont do that trade.
i am so sick and tired aof ppl bringing up the taxes thing.
like eric pincus says
"A $34 million Mid-Level Exception deal over five years from a team like the Miami HEAT, still isn't close to what the Lakers have offered (even with the state tax advantage in Florida - although that perk would be on just half Lamar's salary, road games are taxed
locally)."http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13332
lo wants a combination of money and years,and miami can not give him that.
portland (if utah matches millsap,which they probably would) may go after odom and offer him more than lakers could so portland is a more realistic option 4 lo to go to than miami.

lakerssssssss
07-16-2009, 03:29 AM
Haha its you Lakers fan need to stop daydreaming. No way you can get Beasley let alone Beasley+Chalmers. Odom is not even an all-star. He is definitely not worth a 2nd overall pick. Stop overrating your own players and lower other players' value. Even if Beasley doesnt turn out to be the player people expected, he is still more valuable than Odom. The Heat did not tank the 07-08 to get Odom

Peace
iddiot, u just proved my point.
miami will not give up beasely and chalmers for lo.
lakers will not let lo go to miami unless miami agreed to a sign and trade.
this is y lo is NOT going to miami.
u r so stupid that u probably did not even realize that u agreed with me.

Boston Faithful
07-16-2009, 03:30 AM
So soft yet on the biggest, he shut down the next big thing in Dwight Howard, right? Compare Howards stats to the rest of the playoff series and they aren't even remotely close and that's with Gasol guarding him 95% of the time.

Gasol's has MUCH more win shares than Boozer in his career and Gasol also takes the cake at PER.

On the offensive end, Gasol is much more efficient than Boozer.

Oh, alright pick on the injured guy.

Boozer was a beast in 06-07 and 07-08. He was injured all last year and wasn't himself in the playoffs. I'd take 21.1 and 10.4 on 54.7 shooting in 07-08 or 20.9 and 11.7 in 06-07 on 56.1 shooting ANYDAY over Gasol.

Howard isn't a good offensive player. Most of his scores are on dunks or put backs. He has no moves. Abdul-Jabbar was right. Defending him isn't THAT hard. Garnett, Duncan and Shaq (a few years ago) rape Howard offensively it isn't even funny. Howard needs to put time in the gym and develop some offensive moves.

And if Gasol has more win shares, maybe it's because Kobe Bryant is his teammate. Hmm, yeah that sounds about right. Gasol didn't win **** in Memphis.

WadeCounty
07-16-2009, 03:32 AM

idk about friday but forsure at the same time if it is going to happen

lakerssssssss
07-16-2009, 03:32 AM
Oh yeah. I assume you are a Lakers fan, an ignorant one.

The Lakers just lost two key championship pieces - Odom and Ariza and gained Artest. They didn't face the best team in the league in the Finals due to injury (Celtics) or the team that would have likely beat them (Cavs) in the Finals.

The Heat won about 45 games without Odom or Boozer - with both of them? Are you kidding? They would definitely blow away an Odom and Ariza-less team.

The Lakers are not nearly as good as the Celtics, Cavs or Magic as presently constructed. The Celtics got a 4 time All-Star, one of the best sixth men now off the bench this offseason. The Cavs got Shaq added to an already 66 win team and the Magic got a perennial All-Star in Vince Carter. The Lakers have lost WAY more than they have gained this offseason.

Let's compare:

Heat
PG Chalmers
SG Wade
SF Odom
PF Boozer
C Jermaine O'Neal
6th Man Michael Beasley

Lakers
PG Fisher
SG Kobe
SF Artest
PF Gasol
C Bynum
6th Man ???

The Lakers backcourt has more experience while the Heat one is younger with more athleticism. Wade is only improving - Kobe has reached his peak, but I would rather have Fisher than Chalmers at this point in time. I would say it's basically a wash. Artest is better than Odom and Boozer is better than Gasol. Bynum was horrible in the playoffs and is basically a wash with Jermaine at this point. Beasley beats ANYTHING off the Lakers bench - by far.

No one knows how Artest will mesh with the Lakers - he's volatile. And no one knows how this Heat team will work together. But the Heat have put themselves in the conversation with the top 3 East Teams if they pull these deals off.

miami will NEVER GET BOTH BOOZER AND ODOM.
this isn't video games where anything is possible.

RISE ABOVE
07-16-2009, 03:33 AM

Artest is Odom's long time friend from elementary schools days. He helped bring Artest to LA. He just has a agent that is using Miami to drive up the price & years. Without Dwade locked up long term I don't think he'd leave.

lakerssssssss
07-16-2009, 03:36 AM
idk about friday but forsure at the same time if it is going to happen

pick your head out of your *** and wake up to reality
lo and boozer r not going to miami.
What dont u understand about that.

Venomous88
07-16-2009, 03:38 AM
Im really surprise none of you mentioned the fact that Odom would be starting in Miami. Im sure this appeals to him especially when he feels like LA is playing hardball with him and seems to be losing interest if he comes back at all. But I wouldn't surprised if he comes to terms and signs with the Lakers.

For the Boozer trade, I actually see that happening. I've been expecting Riley to get Boozer this off-season since last fall and was surprised that it took them this long to propose a trade. In terms of Beasley, he has a lot potential and that's why Miami is moving him down to the 3 (http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/heatzone/2009/05/04/starting-at-small-forwardmichael-beasley/). Moon would probably being his backup. I only wonder how they would incorporate Odom,Beasley and Boozer. My suggestion would to sit Oneal on the bench and have Boozer start Center and down on. But that's if Odom comes to Miami.

x_notorious
07-16-2009, 03:39 AM
Oh, alright pick on the injured guy.

Boozer was a beast in 06-07 and 07-08. He was injured all last year and wasn't himself in the playoffs. I'd take 21.1 and 10.4 on 54.7 shooting in 07-08 or 20.9 and 11.7 in 06-07 on 56.1 shooting ANYDAY over Gasol.

Howard isn't a good offensive player. Most of his scores are on dunks or put backs. He has no moves. Abdul-Jabbar was right. Defending him isn't THAT hard. Garnett, Duncan and Shaq (a few years ago) rape Howard offensively it isn't even funny. Howard needs to put time in the gym and develop some offensive moves.

And if Gasol has more win shares, maybe it's because Kobe Bryant is his teammate. Hmm, yeah that sounds about right. Gasol didn't win **** in Memphis.

Career wise:

Gasol: 21.8 PER/72.7 win shares
Boozer: 20.7 PER/45.8 win shares

Gasol actually led his Grizzlies to the playoffs 3 straight years but got swept every time. He was the focal point of that team which really lacked talent that can make an serious noise out West. You really can't say the same about Boozer since he played second fiddle throughout his career.

If you wanna talk about Kobe being his teammate and whatnot, subtract last season AND the final 27 games of the 07/08 season from his WS and he still boasts a higher WS mark than Boozer.

TRF929
07-16-2009, 03:43 AM
Ok, I have a question
With all this talk about LA not letting Odom go, I dont understand
isnt he a FA and able to sign with anyone, LA has let him go already...

and i actually wouldnt mind Odom and Boozer going to MIA, i like that a lot and it would be good for the heat and taking Odom away from La, I would rank the Spurs over Lakers that is until they sign someone else and who that someone else is

i dont see both things happening but you never know

Boston Faithful
07-16-2009, 03:52 AM
Career wise:

Gasol: 21.8 PER/72.7 win shares
Boozer: 20.7 PER/45.8 win shares

Gasol actually led his Grizzlies to the playoffs 3 straight years but got swept every time. He was the focal point of that team which really lacked talent that can make an serious noise out West. You really can't say the same about Boozer since he played second fiddle throughout his career.

If you wanna talk about Kobe being his teammate and whatnot, subtract last season AND the final 27 games of the 07/08 season from his WS and he still boasts a higher WS mark than Boozer.

You make a point, but in a fair world how can you compare the two? The only real way to compare them is in the past three years when Boozer came into his own. The PERs are almost identical and I really hate to go by Hollinger's odd statistical system as it is. In my opinion, if the Lakers had Boozer instead of Gasol - it would not make much of a difference in how much better or worse they were.

Boozer has arguably been the number one option in Utah - there is no denying that. I don't know where you are getting him being the second option from.

Spurred1
07-16-2009, 04:12 AM
I thought Deron Williams was the number one option, not Boozer.

JayW_1023
07-16-2009, 04:17 AM
Odom should just re-sign with LA already...I'm tired of these basketball players with fragile ego's.

Kobe should really come and talk some sense into him.

Master Mind
07-16-2009, 04:27 AM
I'll laugh so hard if this happen..

Denver-boy
07-16-2009, 04:57 AM
Maybe for a life time supply.

ya it have big bag lol with big worms, **** it have to be the Ron Jermey special addition lol JK odom loves candy :D

dee279
07-16-2009, 05:08 AM
Internal like what? Winning a championship? Offering a 3 year deal/ 10 million per AND a 4 year/ 9 million per? Signing a guy who has been a child hood friend of his? Which one?

Odom and his camp would be absolutely idiotic if they accepted this deal from Heat. Is years more important than actual money here?

You obviously dont know what I mean by internal. It means something that happens beyond news, beyond sportscenter, and ESPN. Meaning what happened inside the organization. Like Odom didnt like sumthin Buss said or something. You know stuff like that.

dee279
07-16-2009, 05:10 AM
its that simple.

U have a brain and i dont? OK... If you say so... Well why Odom has not resigned yet since supposedly he wants to be back with the Lakers so bad.

Venomous88
07-16-2009, 05:15 AM
its that simple.California --- If your income range is $1,000,001 and over, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 10.3%.

Florida-- No State Income Tax

36 million - 10% = 32.4 miilion

4 years 32.4 million vs 5 years 34 million.

Also Miami gives you a starting role and the chance to say F-U Lakers

:cool:

dee279
07-16-2009, 05:30 AM
California --- If your income range is $1,000,001 and over, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 10.3%.

Good Info right dere.:clap:

camador22
07-16-2009, 08:19 AM
The possiblity of Odom signing the MLE would be slim. The Lakers would have to flat out refuse to sign him and the Blazers would have to sign David Lee instead. Then Miami had a very good chance of this happening. I see the Boozer trade having a high possibilty of happening. However if Im allowed to dream and Odom also signs then I honestly believe that the Heat could beat any team in the league. You pair up Wade with talent and you have a championship. Wade took a bunch of titos into the 4th seed.

Chalmers
Wade
Odom
Boozer/Beasley
Oneal

:speechless: Im telling you Miami could win it all

daleja424
07-16-2009, 08:21 AM
What is wrong with Lakers fans? You act like us Miami fans are just being annoying and making up crap about LO. The fact is this...YOUR GM took that 3/30 deal off the table and EVERY major sports new outlet has reported that LO is considering a 5 year MLE deal with Miami... so CALM DOWN! I know you don't want to lose LO, but that doesn't change the FACTS! Will LO come to Miami? Who knows? but calling it a Miami fan pipe dream is ridculous since the story has been reported on ESPN, NBA.com, SI, CBS Sportsline, YahooSports, Fox Sports, and EVERY other major sports news source

camador22
07-16-2009, 08:22 AM
California --- If your income range is $1,000,001 and over, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 10.3%.

Its not even close to 10% and only half the season games being played in Miami are tax free. Odom would be giving up a huge amount of money but he would start in Miami at SF

BALLER71
07-16-2009, 08:49 AM

Because Miami has nice *****es and he will have a bigger role with us.
I'm not too happy about this because we will most likely have to trade Beasley am I right?

daleja424
07-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Because Miami has nice *****es and he will have a bigger role with us.
I'm not too happy about this because we will most likely have to trade Beasley am I right?

not according to the latest talk. It seems haslem and wright will be on the move... maybe some picks as well...

camador22
07-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Heat fans slow down a bit and remenber a guy named Mo Williams. He was offered the same contract as Odom and Miami offered the MLE and he considered it only so the Bucks could raise their offer. They did raise their offer and Mo signed with them. Moral of the story is money talks and Odom may only be using Miami for leverage reasons but Im hoping Buss calls his bluff

Sportfan
07-16-2009, 08:55 AM
haslem and wright for boozer?
Are the jazz ****in kidding? Why not get beasley to play at the 3? Dwill would finally have a nice wing then

And its nearly impossible they could get Odom with just the MLE

jimbobjarree
07-16-2009, 08:56 AM
lol they can target all they want :laugh2:

hey breaking news, the Jazz target Lebron James, we wont get him but we may as well get our names in the papers

daleja424
07-16-2009, 09:02 AM
haslem and wright for boozer?
Are the jazz ****in kidding? Why not get beasley to paly at the 3? Dwill would finally have a nice wing then

And its nearly impossible they could get Odom with just the MLE

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Wait...that was a joke right?

daleja424
07-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Heres some info for all you bitter Jazz and Laker fans...

Adrian Wojnarowski doesn't usually write pieces about possible scenarios, he usually just sticks to talking about things that have already happened, with a few exceptions. This is a list of scoops Wojnarowski has posted so far this offseason:

Bulls meet with Pargo
Assistants in hunt for Pistons job
Celtics continue to recruit Wallace

He has gone out on a limb just three times prior to this and was correct all three times. That makes me believe there must be some fire to all this smoke!

jimbobjarree
07-16-2009, 09:09 AM
nah we'll take Beasley. Not really interested in all your other crap

daleja424
07-16-2009, 09:10 AM

YOU"RE not... but your not really the one that would be saving 10+ million dollars by trading Boozer for Haslem are you. B/c I garentee you that if you were, especially in this economy, you would be making this deal in a heartbeat!

jimbobjarree
07-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Heres some info for all you bitter Jazz and Laker fans...

Adrian Wojnarowski doesn't usually write pieces about possible scenarios, he usually just sticks to talking about things that have already happened, with a few exceptions. This is a list of scoops Wojnarowski has posted so far this offseason:

Bulls meet with Pargo
Assistants in hunt for Pistons job
Celtics continue to recruit Wallace

He has gone out on a limb just three times prior to this and was correct all three times. That makes me believe there must be some fire to all this smoke!

why would I be bitter? I've seen so many of these over the summer with Booz, the 3 way with Chicago and Portland looks like it almost got all the way. What makes you naive enough to think that this one will go through?

We'd have to save some considerable money THIS SEASON to trade Booz for a steaming pile of crap, and with you guys I doubt it. Also what makes you think you have the only deal on the table or the only interest.

Your probably the only team he would definatly sign an extension with, cough up something good or jog on

its not us and the Lakers being bitter (Lakers I dunno, I'd be pissed off if my guy rejected that money), I think its you jumping the gun and being incredibly naive

Sportfan
07-16-2009, 09:13 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Wait...that was a joke right?

a joke? no that is a good fair deal, unless you give wade (which i doubt) you guys have no one else valuble except Beasley. Your not getting a guy that easily can put up 20/10 for crap. Its beasley or nothing

daleja424
07-16-2009, 09:14 AM
why would I be bitter? I've seen so many of these over the summer with Booz, the 3 way with Chicago and Portland looks like it almost got all the way. What makes you naive enough to think that this one will go through?

We'd have to save some considerable money THIS SEASON to trade Booz for a steaming pile of crap, and with you guys I doubt it. Also what makes you think you have the only deal on the table or the only interest.

Your probably the only team he would definatly sign an extension with, cough up something good or jog on

its not us and the Lakers being bitter (Lakers I dunno, I'd be pissed off if my guy rejected that money), I think its you jumping the gun and being incredibly naive

Again, I repeat... you cannot blame this on Heat fans. Every sports media outlet in the country is reporting that Miami is in the lead for Boozer and Odom (except those in Chicago and LA I suppose). We are fans of the heat so of course we will be excited when 15 different news sources tell us Par=t Riley is working hard to get these guys. Especially since we all know that Riley usually gets what he wants...

daleja424
07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
a joke? no that is a good fair deal, unless you give wade (which i doubt) you guys have no one else valuble except Beasley. Your not getting a guy that easily can put up 20/10 for crap. Its beasley or nothing

and your not going to get a 20 year old kid who could average 20/10 even easier then Boozer for a one year rental of an often injured Carlos Boozer...

jimbobjarree
07-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Again, I repeat... you cannot blame this on Heat fans. Every sports media outlet in the country is reporting that Miami is in the lead for Boozer and Odom (except those in Chicago and LA I suppose). We are fans of the heat so of course we will be excited when 15 different news sources tell us Par=t Riley is working hard to get these guys. Especially since we all know that Riley usually gets what he wants...

Dont blame Heat fans when your calling us guys bitter over a rumor lol, ok mate, I dont want to say anything to knock you off your pedestal.

again, I repeat. We've been through all of this before with the Bulls deal. The other day it said the Knicks were after Boozer, so what. Their fans were more realists about it and werent celebrating it before it happened, writing down their would be line ups and saying championship under it.

All it says is that Riley has hatched a plan. Any team can hatch a plan. Nowhere does it say you are in the lead for him, and nowhere does it say we are even interested in doing the deal, unless you have some breaking developments that I'd be very interested in reading

daleja424
07-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Dont blame Heat fans when your calling us guys bitter over a rumor lol, ok mate, I dont want to say anything to knock you off your pedestal.

again, I repeat. We've been through all of this before with the Bulls deal. The other day it said the Knicks were after Boozer, so what. Their fans were more realists about it and werent celebrating it before it happened, writing down their would be line ups and saying championship under it.

All it says is that Riley has hatched a plan. Any team can hatch a plan. Nowhere does it say you are in the lead for him, and nowhere does it say we are even interested in doing the deal, unless you have some breaking developments that I'd be very interested in reading

My only point is that Adrian W wouldn't be writing this story if it wasn't a little more then a heat rumor. The guy usually does his HW.

Fmaranesi
07-16-2009, 09:25 AM
I would rather just get boozer and leave odom alone, im ready to see beasley start!

jimbobjarree
07-16-2009, 09:26 AM
all he knows is that Riley has proposed us an offer...thats it. The Heat havnt just landed the 2 of them, which is why this thread is pointless going off a rumor...just look at the pointless Bulls/Blazers/Jazz trade thread, a severe waste of time for all the Bulls fans that got all excited.

daleja424
07-16-2009, 09:29 AM
all he knows is that Riley has proposed us an offer...thats it. The Heat havnt just landed the 2 of them, which is why this thread is pointless going off a rumor...just look at the pointless Bulls/Blazers/Jazz trade thread, a severe waste of time for all the Bulls fans that got all excited.

Well thats all there is to talk about. It is the off-season. We all hang on every little rumor and analyze what would happen if they all came true. That is kind of the point of a forum... I just think you may be a little less in the mood for it b/c it involves your player. And I don't mean that as an insult or in a disrespectful way. I just think that the fact that it involves Boozer makes it a touchy subject for you. But I dont see anything wrong with fans speculating...its what we are all here to do...

BALLER71
07-16-2009, 09:38 AM

You're acting like Haslem is crap. He is the type of player Sloane would want on his team because he hustles and is a excellent player on defense. You're saving alot of money. I'm not sure if it's enough to re-sign Millsap but you're saving money and getting a good player in return. Of course he's not in Carlos Boozer's level but he's decent. I am not a Jazz fan neither do I know what their front office is trying to do but it seems to me like they are trading Boozer to get cap relief and not to get the same talent in return.

pebloemer
07-16-2009, 09:52 AM
You're acting like Haslem is crap. He is the type of player Sloane would want on his team because he hustles and is a excellent player on defense. You're saving alot of money. I'm not sure if it's enough to re-sign Millsap but you're saving money and getting a good player in return. Of course he's not in Carlos Boozer's level but he's decent. I am not a Jazz fan neither do I know what their front office is trying to do but it seems to me like they are trading Boozer to get cap relief and not to get the same talent in return.

I was looking through the thread and was about to say the same thing. It isn't necessarily a talent for talent trade. It is a talent for cap relief and a very good role player trade.

Regarding Odom, I still don't see why he would turn down 9 million a year from the defending champions to make the MLE. The only reason that comes to mind is to have a larger role on a competitive team. Who knows what he and his agent are thinking (although I am guessing the agent is thinking money), but I am skeptical that he will leave LA for less money.

Chicagofaithful
07-16-2009, 09:52 AM
lmao at heat fans.... i can definitely relate with you when the rumors were in the bulls favor but just take it easy, until they are at the press conference announcing Lamar and Boozer stop getting so giddy lol

daleja424
07-16-2009, 09:57 AM
I was looking through the thread and was about to say the same thing. It isn't necessarily a talent for talent trade. It is a talent for cap relief and a very good role player trade.

Regarding Odom, I still don't see why he would turn down 9 million a year from the defending champions to make the MLE. The only reason that comes to mind is to have a larger role on a competitive team. Who knows what he and his agent are thinking (although I am guessing the agent is thinking money), but I am skeptical that he will leave LA for less money.

It seems that he would be truning down some money up front but not that much in the long run...and he would be getting job security for the next 5 years..until he is 34. Also, if Miami gets boozer Odom would be coming to a team just as much in the mix as LA IMO:

Kobe and Wade give you similar production
Boozer and Pau give you similar production
Chalmers and Fisher give you similar production
Beasley and Artest give you similar production
and JO and Bynum give you similar production

Im not sure why Miami wouldnt be considered a contender just as much as any other team if Booz and LO landed here...

Giantwarrior
07-16-2009, 09:58 AM
im hearing all these Odom rumors floating around, but i just dont see him leaving LA. its all BS and they are just playing hardball right now. Odom and his agent has leverage in this deal because he was a main piece of the championship run. at the end of the day, odom will be a laker.

if he plays for the Heat, they may have a shot at the title. but with LA is guaranteed.

Giantwarrior
07-16-2009, 10:01 AM
It seems that he would be truning down some money up front but not that much in the long run...and he would be getting job security for the next 5 years..until he is 34. Also, if Miami gets boozer Odom would be coming to a team just as much in the mix as LA IMO:

Im not sure why Miami wouldnt be considered a contender just as much as any other team if Booz and LO landed here...

"Similar Production?" get serious. LA has championship experience and the best coach in history. it takes more then Wade and few names. if you add boozer and LO you would still be behind, orlando, boston and cleveland. give me a break.

daleja424
07-16-2009, 10:09 AM
"Similar Production?" get serious. LA has championship experience and the best coach in history. it takes more then Wade and few names. if you add boozer and LO you would still be behind, orlando, boston and cleveland. give me a break.

HAHA. Wow...how on earth did LA manage to get to the Finals two years ago... it makes no sense. How could Pau and Bynum and Odom help LA to the finals when they had no Finals experience. ARe you serious with that crap?

...and to think just two years ago Boston took a team that had no finals experience at all and whooped LA's butt

...thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard!

daleja424
07-16-2009, 10:10 AM
...man and AI has championship experience and yet no one really wants him...

wow that championship experience is really important...

pebloemer
07-16-2009, 10:11 AM

I understand the difference in taxes, although I was originally under the impression that the NBA did a better job accounting for that. When I looked it up, it turns out it is only for Canadian teams that they have guidelines in place to achieve tax neutrality, so I see how that comes into play.

But 36 million over 4 years and 34 million over five years is still 2 million, plus whatever contract he can get at age 33 (many of the older players in this league are still getting MLE value - Rasheed, Kidd, etc), so that would be my mearuing stick. Can the tax difference account for 7-8 million? Is the remaining difference worth a larger role? Those questions only Odom and his agent can answer I guess.

There is no doubt in my mind that Odom and Boozer joining Wade, Beasley, Oneal and Chalmers would be a very dangerous team if they can remain healthy.

daleja424
07-16-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm sorry but anyone who doesnt put Miami in the conversation IF THESE MOVES GO DOWN is just being very very biased! They are just as good or better then any other team in the east

jimbobjarree
07-16-2009, 10:14 AM
dunno about championship, but they have a shot at replacing Houston as the most injury prone team in the league :shrug:

and regarding that earlier quote. I dont see Haslem as crap, but he's still a downgrade to Boozer. I dont see why we would downgrade that much if only saving pocket change of 3/4 million

BALLER71
07-16-2009, 10:14 AM

Cleveland didn't have championship experience when they went to the finals a couple years ago. And their coach wasn't very good either.

BALLER71
07-16-2009, 10:15 AM
dunno about championship, but they have a shot at replacing Houston as the most injury prone team in the league :shrug:

and regarding that earlier quote. I dont see Haslem as crap, but he's still a downgrade to Boozer. I dont see why we would downgrade that much if only saving pocket change of 3/4 million

I think you save about 7 million lol.

Chicagofaithful
07-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Daleja424 you gotta take it easy dude... no one is coming against you, its just you're so frekan set in stone on your thoughts you're not willing to have conversation rationally, and idk if you havent picked up on it yet, but no one is taking you seriously anymore cuz you're getting so defensive and emotional. Take it down a notch... i think the Heat would be very very good and contend with Odom and boozer, but the problem is, LA is going to be as good if not better next year, orlando as well ect. So don't get so mad... talk rationally. YOu are not automatically getting a ship next year if you did manage to get both of these players.

daleja424
07-16-2009, 10:17 AM
I understand the difference in taxes, although I was originally under the impression that the NBA did a better job accounting for that. When I looked it up, it turns out it is only for Canadian teams that they have guidelines in place to achieve tax neutrality, so I see how that comes into play.

But 36 million over 4 years and 34 million over five years is still 2 million, plus whatever contract he can get at age 33 (many of the older players in this league are still getting MLE value - Rasheed, Kidd, etc), so that would be my mearuing stick. Can the tax difference account for 7-8 million? Is the remaining difference worth a larger role? Those questions only Odom and his agent can answer I guess.

There is no doubt in my mind that Odom and Boozer joining Wade, Beasley, Oneal and Chalmers would be a very dangerous team if they can remain healthy.

From what I hear 4 years 36 million would be taxed about 3.6 million dollars. That means he would see 4 years and about 32 million. With the Heat he would be offered 5 years and 34 million and be taxed about 1.7 mil (b/c he still gets taxed on the road). That maked the Miami deal 5 years and about 32million. It definately requires Odom to leave some money on the table to come to Miami, but if he is inclined to burn the Lakers and if Buss is inclined to burn him, and seems to be the case right now, it isn't all that much money he loses by coming to Miami. He probably just loses whatever salary he could make on a new deal at age 34 after a 4 year deal expired. Considering that LA has pulled its offer, and LO is unhappy with their offer to begin with, he doesnt have very many options other than to sign with the Heat.

I have also read that if Buss makes another offer it might be reduced. At which point LO doesn't lose any money in coming to Miami....

daleja424
07-16-2009, 10:18 AM

No doubt he is a downgrade... but it would be saving 5 mil in cap...10 mil when you factor in the lux tax...

daleja424
07-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Daleja424 you gotta take it easy dude... no one is coming against you, its just you're so frekan set in stone on your thoughts you're not willing to have conversation rationally, and idk if you havent picked up on it yet, but no one is taking you seriously anymore cuz you're getting so defensive and emotional. Take it down a notch... i think the Heat would be very very good and contend with Odom and boozer, but the problem is, LA is going to be as good if not better next year, orlando as well ect. So don't get so mad... talk rationally. YOu are not automatically getting a ship next year if you did manage to get both of these players.

Im not sure what you mean. I have offered very rational thoughts on just about every one of my comments. I do not know what else I could do to provide reasons for what I think, as opposed to the haters that just come on here, talk smack and bounce, without any support for their arguement.

I in no way think Miami is a lock for a ship... thats a foolish thing to think. They would be in the conversation though every bit as much as the other "contenders" in the east.

jimbobjarree
07-16-2009, 10:22 AM
I dunno, Haslem, saving money and picks would be ok...I just think theres a better deal out there somewhere else, and I think KOC knows that. The fact alone that out of all the teams in the league Boozer is most likely to sign long term with Miami should make our GM ask for more than that, if not take a better deal elsewhere.

jimbobjarree
07-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Im not sure what you mean. I have offered very rational thoughts on just about every one of my comments. I do not know what else I could do to provide reasons for what I think, as opposed to the haters that just come on here, talk smack and bounce, without any support for their arguement.

I in no way think Miami is a lock for a ship... thats a foolish thing to think. They would be in the conversation though every bit as much as the other "contenders" in the east.

I think if these moves go down all Heat fans should have the Houston situation of last year burned in their minds....look how that amazing big 3 turned out..none will play next year lol

daleja424
07-16-2009, 10:24 AM
I dunno, Haslem, saving money and picks would be ok...I just think theres a better deal out there somewhere else, and I think KOC knows that. The fact alone that out of all the teams in the league Boozer is most likely to sign long term with Miami should make our GM ask for more than that, if not take a better deal elsewhere.

There is definately a better deal out there talent wise for Boozer. But the fact that Miami can save them 5 mil due to its trade exception is important. If the Jazz are going to trade Boozer and take back the same amount of salary they mine as well keep him...since it wont save them any money.

pebloemer
07-16-2009, 10:24 AM

I am having a perfectly rationale discussion with him.

From what I hear 4 years 36 million would be taxed about 3.6 million dollars. That means he would see 4 years and about 32 million. With the Heat he would be offered 5 years and 34 million and be taxed about 1.7 mil (b/c he still gets taxed on the road). That maked the Miami deal 5 years and about 32million. It definately requires Odom to leave some money on the table to come to Miami, but if he is inclined to burn the Lakers and if Buss is inclined to burn him, and seems to be the case right now, it isn't all that much money he loses by coming to Miami. He probably just loses whatever salary he could make on a new deal at age 34 after a 4 year deal expired. Considering that LA has pulled its offer, and LO is unhappy with their offer to begin with, he doesnt have very many options other than to sign with the Heat.

I have also read that if Buss makes another offer it might be reduced. At which point LO doesn't lose any money in coming to Miami....

That makes sense, but that is still a significant chunk of money (I would measure it somewhere around the MLE based on what current older players are making), for someone who was holding out 1 million extra per year. Again though, it is really up to how Lamar sees it. If Buss did pull his previous offer, then I can see how he could see it as a good decision. If the Lakers revisit the offer or keep it on the table (which I wouldn't be surprised if they do), I would still lean to him remaining a Laker. Although I can see how it is a possibility that he becomes a member of the Heat. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the coming weeks for sure.

slaker619
07-16-2009, 10:25 AM
We Dont Need Odom Or Fuwking Boozer They Both Wont Work In Our System Y DO U People Want Them So Bad WHen They Have No Defense And Makes Beasley Do **** And Forces Us To Lose A Rookie Who Is Wating For A Break-Out Season!!!!1

daleja424
07-16-2009, 10:25 AM
I think if these moves go down all Heat fans should have the Houston situation of last year burned in their minds....look how that amazing big 3 turned out..none will play next year lol

There certainly will be some concerns with injury... but beasley and LO havent proven injury prone...so at the very least Miami has some talent left if wade, boozer, and JO all get hurt. That would be very sad though... :(

jimbobjarree
07-16-2009, 10:26 AM
There is definately a better deal out there talent wise for Boozer. But the fact that Miami can save them 5 mil due to its trade exception is important. If the Jazz are going to trade Boozer and take back the same amount of salary they mine as well keep him...since it wont save them any money.

I dont know how important that is to us anymore. Yeah we'd like to save money, but at what cost? Due to the luxury tax payment we recieved and some money from the bargaining agreement, we have enough to cover the luxury tax if we so choose, which is why we take the best deal talentwise IMO. The only offer that has been reported that we offered was the Boozer for Prince deal...and I think thats enough to show our intentions

daleja424
07-16-2009, 10:28 AM
I am having a perfectly rationale discussion with him.

That makes sense, but that is still a significant chunk of money (I would measure it somewhere around the MLE based on what current older players are making), for someone who was holding out 1 million extra per year. Again though, it is really up to how Lamar sees it. If Buss did pull his previous offer, then I can see how he could see it as a good decision. If the Lakers revisit the offer or keep it on the table (which I wouldn't be surprised if they do), I would still lean to him remaining a Laker. Although I can see how it is a possibility that he becomes a member of the Heat. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the coming weeks for sure.

Thank you.

I am sure that Buss will put an offer back on the table if LO comes back and asks him to. Most NBA players have pretty fragil egos though... so I can't imagine LO coming back begging for Buss to offer him the deal again. I think the only wildcard is Kobe. Certainly if Kobe goes to Buss and says, give him what he wants, Buss wouldn't really have a choice...would he?

Lakeshow86
07-16-2009, 10:29 AM
if Odom were to take that deal he would be erased from all memory of being a Laker as he doesnt deserve to call himself a Laker. He shouldn't get a ring at the start to the season. Forever BANNED from the city of LA

daleja424
I dont know how important that is to us anymore. Yeah we'd like to save money, but at what cost? Due to the luxury tax payment we recieved and some money from the bargaining agreement, we have enough to cover the luxury tax if we so choose, which is why we take the best deal talentwise IMO. The only offer that has been reported that we offered was the Boozer for Prince deal...and I think thats enough to show our intentions

That is true. But Detroit had cap space. So for all we know it could have been a Boozer/Harpring for Prince proposal to get talent AND save money. Pure speculation on my part. But that would make sense to me...

blah-blah
...thats cheap for odom hes a he deserves 10mil and hes only getting 5.8 wow sucks for the players of this free agent class

jimbobjarree
07-16-2009, 10:31 AM
That is true. But Detroit had cap space. So for all we know it could have been a Boozer/Harpring for Prince proposal to get talent AND save money. Pure speculation on my part. But that would make sense to me...

now the Pistons have 5mil cap space they will be linked again with us no doubt

anyway nobody has mentioned Memphis, what makes you think they would be so willing to help anyone out

daleja424
07-16-2009, 10:36 AM
now the Pistons have 5mil cap space they will be linked again with us no doubt

anyway nobody has mentioned Memphis, what makes you think they would be so willing to help anyone out

well they have said they dont want to be a dumping ground for contracts... But if they got Wright (2.2 mil expiring) and then 3 million cash I dont see why they wouldnt want to participate. They would be getting a young player to try out for a year for free and they would make money on the deal. Another possibility is that they could get a draft pick out of it. Its really a win win win for them. Its not like we are asking them to take on a 6 million dollar contract like Harpring or something....

as for the pistons... they dont wanna send Prince, I cant imagine them moving Stucky, so that leaves on Rip as a possibility. But I dont think they are sold on BG starting next to stuckey...that is a pretty small backcourt. I cant imagine you guys taking on Rips contract though... it just means you will continue to be in the lux tax even more next year and for the next several years...