PDA

View Full Version : If Heat add Odom, Boozer and A.I, are they the favs to win the Championship?

fairandbalanced
07-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Heat Line-up would be.

PG: A.I/Mario
SG: Wade/james jones/Cook
SF: Odom/Moon
PF: Boozer/Beastly
c: Oneal/Anthony

I think this is a championship team in the making, your thoughts?

OJMAYO32MVP!
07-15-2009, 06:41 PM
odom stayin in la
booz to chi
ai to clips
Good luck with that

Verbal Christ
07-15-2009, 06:42 PM
short and sweet ... NO.

LayZbone
07-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah, can you explain the transactions, cause the only quality player I see missing is Haslem. LO for the MLE? AI for the vet min?

jimbobjarree
07-15-2009, 06:46 PM
so they're giving up nothing and has only 5.4mil in MLE, while wanting to stay under the luxury tax, and they get those 3.....hmmm :crazy:

danidin
07-15-2009, 06:48 PM
you mean D-Wade + 2 stars orund hem?

Oh...

YES.

lorenz00
07-15-2009, 06:50 PM
not possible to have those 3

breedlove2drug
Heat Line-up would be.

what the frick are you talking about... lay off the crack, that won't happen... even if it did, that is not a championship team

Burkey3472
Boozer isn't going to get traded for peanuts.
Odom wants 10 Mil and you would have to trade something for him
AI is going to go where the money is.

Even if they did get all 3, I still say no.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 06:51 PM
How are they getting those 3.

Tommyh1331
07-15-2009, 06:54 PM
lol where did you pull this one??

daleja424
07-15-2009, 06:56 PM
at best miami could add two of them...but not all three... however chalmers, wade, beasley, odom/boozer, oneal is at least a homecourt team next year...

Rome
07-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Looks good on paper, but no.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 06:57 PM
They would have to trade at least Beasley for Boozer, Sign A.I and trade Haslem for Odom just to get those 3.

C-O'Neal, Anthony
PF-Boozer, Odom
SF-Moon, Jones
SG-Wade, Cook
PG-Chalmers, A.I

Even then I say No.

daleja424
07-15-2009, 06:58 PM
just say no to crack....i mean Ai

carter15
07-15-2009, 06:59 PM
but then what if the Magic add Lebron Bosh and CP3
then the plot thickens..

GearsInDallas
07-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Nope don't think so. That's even if they were to get all three.

championships
07-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Not going to happen why ask? Try it on the new NBA2K10

theimortalone
07-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Wow, the Heat are gonna get Odom, Boozer, and AI, huh? :eyebrow: :crazy:

Kobe2324
07-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Even if for some reason they end up all in miami I still think they are 4th best in the east at best I just dont think this combination of players would matter compared to teams like the celtics, orlando and the cavs

GodsSon
07-15-2009, 07:26 PM
sounds amazing, and very attainable to me...while they're at it, might as well make clones of prime Magic and Jordan, and Bird to be your 6th man...your imagination is your friend :D

thedfactor
07-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Ha this is just stupidity. They add Odom and Iverson with what? Odom gets MLE, Iverson wants the same. And Boozer he just comes for nothing? And anyway with those guys this team wouldn't win it. All three big eastern teams are still better.

hgtiger32
07-15-2009, 07:38 PM
while you are at it...the bucks will trade Michael Redd for a box of peanuts, Andrew Bogut for Jermaine O'Neal, Brandon Jennings for a pack of 2009-2010 Miami Heat Trading Cards, Luke Ridinour for a Miami Heat Window Cling, our 1st round pick the next five years for Miami Heat season tickets....i mean come on!

this is stuff that happens in video games

example: on mlb the show my red sox are:
CF-ellsbury
2b-pedroia
1b-pujols
dh-fielder
3b-longoria
lf-braun
ss-hanley rameriez
rf-jay bruce
c-joe mauer

rotation: dice k, lester, garza, grienke, billingsy, and carmona with k-rod and papelbon in the bullpen

that doesn't mean that the red sox could look like that...it's IMPOSSIBLE!

kswissdaf
07-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Well we can get all 3 if you think(but we will lose Bealsey)
Trade Beasley for Boozer and maybe ak47 or 1st rounder
Sign AI MLE
Sign and trade for Odom Mark Blount and toronto first round pick we acquired in Jermaine oniel trade

dtmagnet
07-15-2009, 07:57 PM
How do they even aquire those players? I'm not sure it can even happen but if it did, I still think Boston Cleveland and Orlando would be better than them.

what54!?
07-15-2009, 07:58 PM
No. I can tell you we're not. Only paper thats a great team but A.I. and J.O. aren't the old A.I. and J.O. We could upset some teaams but we're not the favorites

nycclipse110
07-15-2009, 08:02 PM
no.

Bruno
07-15-2009, 08:24 PM
If any team in the NBA adds those three guys they are favorites, except Sacramento. Not really but, common.

king4day
07-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Bench is too weak and Boozer could get hurt. They'd be ECF contenders but nothing more than that. Plus I don't think there's a chance they'll get all of those guys.

MajorFloridaFan
07-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Cooky thread this will not happen because
Wade wants the Heat to get better before he signs an extension
Riley wants the extension before he plugs in all the money
tug-o-war

IRUAM #21
07-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Two is possible, not all 3.

fairandbalanced
07-15-2009, 08:34 PM
I think they can get all 3. Give utah Haslem and expiring contract for Boozer. MGloire and Wright to L.A for Odom...sign A.I to 2.5 mill per. No team in the NBA can match-up to that. The Celtics are old, The Lakers are slow. Cavs? Shaq...nuf said (they won't make it past 1st round). magic? Vince Carter:laugh::laugh:

D-Will4Prez
07-15-2009, 08:36 PM
LOL Miami is not getting Booz, Odom, AND AI. IMO they'll get either AI or Boozer, not both.

barbjake
07-15-2009, 08:53 PM
No. There is no way they can get those 3 players. There is no way they will get 2 of them, and it's doubtful they will even get one.

barbjake
07-15-2009, 08:59 PM
I think they can get all 3. Give utah Haslem and expiring contract for Boozer. MGloire and Wright to L.A for Odom...sign A.I to 2.5 mill per. No team in the NBA can match-up to that. The Celtics are old, The Lakers are slow. Cavs? Shaq...nuf said (they won't make it past 1st round). magic? Vince Carter:laugh::laugh:

Utah will get a better offer for Boozer (I.E. Chicago offers tyrus thomas, and a bigger expiring.) L.A. will SURELY get a better offer for Odom... Magloire and Wright???? And A.I. will sigh with the Clippers who can pay him more.

Even if by some stroke of luck they got all 3, Lakers, Celtics, Orlando, Cleveland are still better. You think the Celtics are old? A.I. is old. And Boozer has the body of a 50 year old with his injuries.

IBleedPurple
07-15-2009, 09:00 PM
drugs are bad mmmkay

bal_ravens
07-15-2009, 09:03 PM
If the Thunder trade a second round pick for Dwight Howard, trade $3 million and their second round pick in 2011 for Duncan, WOW!

Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Duncan and Howard.

That team could go places.

Murphy_Dee
07-15-2009, 09:03 PM
New thread, if the Raptors get LeBron, Wade, and Paul are they the favourites to win the Championship? C'mon dude...

dwadefan03
07-15-2009, 09:04 PM
theres no way we get three and even if we did the only one thats actually decent on defense is odom

b_rad23
07-15-2009, 09:07 PM
New thread, if the Raptors get LeBron, Wade, and Paul are they the favourites to win the Championship? C'mon dude...

Still no

AWC713
07-15-2009, 09:09 PM
if the rockets trade for lebron, kobe and dwight, we'd probably be contenders too

JordansBulls
07-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Heat Line-up would be.

No.

Fayzon10
07-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Heat Line-up would be.

I think this is a championship team in the making, your thoughts? If you get Odom it would be via sign and trade he's not gonna take the mle at 6mil when he made 11 mil last year and was being offered about 9 mil from the Lakers so if you get Odom it would be minus one or two of your players probably Beasly and a filler

Chest Rockwell
07-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Still leaves them vulnerable to Howard in Orlando and Shaq in Cleveland.

Jamiecballer
07-15-2009, 09:16 PM
If they added Odom and Boozer I think they would be contenders.

Adding AI would probably get them back in the lottery. The only teams that benefit from a player like AI is a team of scrubs like his 76 teams or an expansion team like the Raptors in 1995.

daleja424
07-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Still leaves them vulnerable to Howard in Orlando and Shaq in Cleveland.

everyone is vulnerable to howard and shaq...:rolleyes::eyebrow:

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 09:19 PM
while you are at it...the bucks will trade Michael Redd for a box of peanuts, Andrew Bogut for Jermaine O'Neal, Brandon Jennings for a pack of 2009-2010 Miami Heat Trading Cards, Luke Ridinour for a Miami Heat Window Cling, our 1st round pick the next five years for Miami Heat season tickets....i mean come on!

this is stuff that happens in video games

example: on mlb the show my red sox are:
CF-ellsbury
2b-pedroia
1b-pujols
dh-fielder
3b-longoria
lf-braun
ss-hanley rameriez
rf-jay bruce
c-joe mauer

rotation: dice k, lester, garza, grienke, billingsy, and carmona with k-rod and papelbon in the bullpen

that doesn't mean that the red sox could look like that...it's IMPOSSIBLE!

My Blue Jays

Mine is the following

CF:Ichiro
2nd:Reyes
SS:Jeter
1B:Pujols
3B:A-Rod
RF:Guerrero
DH:Howard
LF:Soriano
C:Mauer

Pitching Rotation

1-Halladay
2-Santana
3-Sabathia
4-Beckett
5-Oliver Perez
Bullpen- K-Rod and average guys in 60's and 70's.

b_rad23
07-15-2009, 09:20 PM
If you get Odom it would be via sign and trade he's not gonna take the mle at 6mil when he made 11 mil last year and was being offered about 9 mil from the Lakers so if you get Odom it would be minus one or two of your players probably Beasly and a filler

Beasley>Odom now and forever. He's 9 years younger, more talented and cheaper.

Think about it.

If they added Odom and Boozer I think they would be contenders.

Adding AI would probably get them back in the lottery. The only teams that benefit from a player like AI is a team of scrubs like his 76 teams or an expansion team like the Raptors in 1995.

I think Boozer and Odom is unlikely but possible and I'm pretty sure AI isn't coming.

Mario has essentially been crowned the PG of the future.

MPScribbles
07-15-2009, 09:23 PM
OUCH. You really didn't know what you were getting yourself into with this thread.

ElMarroAfamado
07-15-2009, 09:24 PM
i normally dont like bashing threads
but this is horrible
to make assumptions like this when NOT ONE of the 3 guys you mentioned are even signed with the team....
cmon now

Lo Porto
07-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Boozer and Odom are possible, but not all 3.

KB24PG16
07-15-2009, 09:42 PM
No.

why didnt you close this dumb thread with no links to any of the players to miami some mod you are

mikantsass
07-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Heat Line-up would be.

If the Thunder get Deron Williams, Dwight Howard and Dirk Nowitzki would they win the championship?

If the Warriors got Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett would they win the championship?

If the Bobcats get Amare, Chauncy Billups and Dwayne Wade would they win the championship?!

PLEASE STOP WITH THESE STUPID ***** POSTINGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fairandbalanced
07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
If the Thunder get Deron Williams, Dwight Howard and Dirk Nowitzki would they win the championship?

If the Warriors got Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett would they win the championship?

If the Bobcats get Amare, Chauncy Billups and Dwayne Wade would they win the championship?!

PLEASE STOP WITH THESE STUPID ***** POSTINGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reason for this tread is because Miami is likely to get all 3.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Reason for this tread is because Miami is likely to get all 3.

No they are not. AI wants at LEAST, a teams full mid level. Odom is turning town 3 years, 30 million and 4 years 36 million. You think he wants to play in Miami for 6 million per season? If that was true, he would have signed there a long time ago. He could have just called them and said "hey, I would like to come back for the mid level exception." But that did not happen. And who are the Heat going to give up for Boozer? If the Bulls are willing to give up KH12 and Ty Thomas, who would you give up to trump that deal?
Stop smoking and get your head out of the clouds

dee279
07-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Wont be able to get all 3. But to answer your question, Yes we would be contenders but wouldnt be gave the championship ill tell you that but we would have a very good chance at it. Heat would have a better chance with them than without them though obviously. You put consistent scorers around Wade, you automatically have contenders because of just how good Wade is.

dee279
07-16-2009, 01:51 AM
I dont get why everyone is bashing the doode. All he ask if the Heat were to get all 3, would they be champions. Easy answered question. All you would have to say is YES OR NO.

Iron24th
07-16-2009, 02:32 AM
so they're giving up nothing and has only 5.4mil in MLE, while wanting to stay under the luxury tax, and they get those 3.....hmmm :crazy:

Yeah,I like his world.

Iron24th
07-16-2009, 02:34 AM
I dont get why everyone is bashing the doode. All he ask if the Heat were to get all 3, would they be champions. Easy answered question. All you would have to say is YES OR NO.

OK,so, you're saying everyone can choose any players to add on his team and make a thread about "Can they be champs?"

Iron24th
07-16-2009, 02:35 AM
if the thunder get deron williams, dwight howard and dirk nowitzki would they win the championship?

If the warriors got chris paul, kobe bryant and kevin garnett would they win the championship?

If the bobcats get amare, chauncy billups and dwayne wade would they win the championship?!

Please stop with these stupid ***** postings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loool

ink
07-16-2009, 02:40 AM
Heat Line-up would be.

No.

Boston Faithful
07-16-2009, 03:25 AM
No they are not. AI wants at LEAST, a teams full mid level. Odom is turning town 3 years, 30 million and 4 years 36 million. You think he wants to play in Miami for 6 million per season? If that was true, he would have signed there a long time ago. He could have just called them and said "hey, I would like to come back for the mid level exception." But that did not happen. And who are the Heat going to give up for Boozer? If the Bulls are willing to give up KH12 and Ty Thomas, who would you give up to trump that deal?
Stop smoking and get your head out of the clouds

That wasn't even the deal. The Bulls wanted Jerryd Bayless and Travis Outlaw along with Carlos Boozer for those two. The Blazers bailed on the deal and there is no way in hell they are going to deal with the Jazz if they match the Millsap deal. No Blazers, no deal for the Bulls. The Jazz have a point guard - the Pistons won't even trade Prince for Boozer and the Jazz want luxury tax relief at this point. The Heat are the best option.

JayW_1023
07-16-2009, 04:09 AM
Not by a long shot. Talent won't do much without chemistry. On paper it looks great but in reality that team will be a conference semi-finalist at best.

JayW_1023
07-16-2009, 04:12 AM
What's with Beasley being overrated horribly. The kiddo had a subpar rookie season so I don't get the fuss yet. He could just as easily be the next Andray Blatche as the next Grant Hill.

RollinDeep
07-16-2009, 05:39 AM
OK,so, you're saying everyone can choose any players to add on his team and make a thread about "Can they be champs?"

Yes. Let the mass creation of threads begin.

daleja424
07-16-2009, 08:29 AM
What's with Beasley being overrated horribly. The kiddo had a subpar rookie season so I don't get the fuss yet. He could just as easily be the next Andray Blatche as the next Grant Hill.

What is subpar about leading rookies in scoring per 48, shooting 47% from FG and 41% from 3-pointers as a perimeter oriented PF in your rookie year, and averaging 14/6 in 24 minutes a game, and averaging 21 pts and 8.5 rebs per game in his 8 April games...

People just assume Beasley is trouble and overratted without even bothering to look at what he did last year...

Hawkeye15
07-16-2009, 08:35 AM
I still don't get why Miami would be interested in Odom, period. Or Boozer for that matter. Beasley is gonna be a very good PF. Why bring in guys that will hinder his development? I don't like any of them on Miami, unless AI is willing to take a secondary role, and give minutes to Chalmers. Wade, as much as he wants to win, has to recognize that Beasley is gonna be sweet. Now they need a SF who can slash and shoot, and some depth at PG. Getting any of these guys are just bandaids.

daleja424
07-16-2009, 08:45 AM
I still don't get why Miami would be interested in Odom, period. Or Boozer for that matter. Beasley is gonna be a very good PF. Why bring in guys that will hinder his development? I don't like any of them on Miami, unless AI is willing to take a secondary role, and give minutes to Chalmers. Wade, as much as he wants to win, has to recognize that Beasley is gonna be sweet. Now they need a SF who can slash and shoot, and some depth at PG. Getting any of these guys are just bandaids.

Beasley has spent this offseason developing at the 3... in the mold of a Carmello Anthony type. With that said Boozer can start at PF and Beasley at SF with Lamar coming off the bench ina role very similar to his role in LA. There are 96 minutes available at the 2 forward spots (48 x 2): Boozer can get 28 minutes at PF and 5-7 at center behind JO, Beasley can have 25minutes at the SF and maybe 10 or so at the PF, which leave 23 minutes at SF and 10 at PF for Lamar Odom. You could have Beasley, Boozer, and Odom and have them all average over 33 minutes a game! That does not hinder Beasley's developement. Then next summer if Beasley has a breakout year Miami doesnt have to resign Boozer. They can spend the money on a center or PG...

Sportfan
07-16-2009, 08:54 AM
No chance they would get Oden at least

Badluck33
07-16-2009, 09:20 AM
how bout if they lose Wade next year... will they be a lottery team?

if so who do you think will be available in the 2011 draft class that might have enough talent to replace d-wade?

S-Dot
07-16-2009, 09:23 AM
I don't see this happening and no. Continue to develop Beasley.

daleja424
07-16-2009, 09:23 AM

if so who do you think will be available in the 2011 draft class that might have enough talent to replace d-wade?

huh? Talk about premature...

GCOOKIE7
07-16-2009, 09:29 AM
If the Raptors add Kobe, LeBron, Duncan and Chris Paul will they be fav's for the Championship?????

daleja424
07-16-2009, 09:31 AM
If the Raptors add Kobe, LeBron, Duncan and Chris Paul will they be fav's for the Championship?????

okay we get the point. It was a ridiculous thread... can we close it already. We are having far more REAL conversations in the other boozer/odom thread anyways. This has just become a make fun of fairandbalanced thread...

blastmasta26
07-16-2009, 09:32 AM
It won't happen but it would be a great team.

AI
D-Wade
Odom
Boozer
J. O'Neal

Beasley and Chalmers off the bench.

GCOOKIE7
07-16-2009, 09:36 AM
okay we get the point. It was a ridiculous thread... can we close it already. We are having far more REAL conversations in the other boozer/odom thread anyways. This has just become a make fun of fairandbalanced thread...

What? You jealous of our potential lineup?

daleja424
07-16-2009, 09:36 AM
what? You jealous of our potential lineup?

A little :D

BALLER71
07-16-2009, 09:41 AM

All I see is you posting about Wade leaving to Chicago. :laugh2:
If the Heat acquire Boozer/Odom he re-signs. He's been asking for talent around him for him to re-sign. The Bulls need another superstar along Rose it will not be Wade tho. Plus they would be a bad duo, they both can't shoot very well.

skinsfan4life80
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
What if they trade Moon for Kobe too?

redsox4ever36
07-16-2009, 10:14 AM
They would not have to trade Beasley for Boozer, and if they somehow got that team they would be in the discussion for a championship. Sans Iverson they may even be better.

architect13563
07-16-2009, 10:28 AM
dreaming.

Iman5830
07-16-2009, 10:38 AM
hey man, i agree with you. i highly doubt that we'd be able to get all 3 of them, but adding 2 of them is a possibility. obviuosly, we'd want to have boozer and odom, and with that lineup i believe that we would be contenders. having d-wade is already a great start, then you add a versatile bigman in odom, a great post scorer and rebounder in boozer, keep jermaine for big man defense and solid production, and our young role players will most definitely improve, especially beasley. I could see this tem as a championship contender, but the lakers would still be better

HoopsMachine
07-16-2009, 11:08 AM
If they add Boozer I can see them as a 2nd round playoff team. It definitely would propel them to 4th or 5th realistically and give them and outsider's chance of contending.

SouljahPhil...
07-16-2009, 11:33 AM
lol...

LO to heat without a ST is wishful thinking..haha

Badluck33
07-16-2009, 11:34 AM
All I see is you posting about Wade leaving to Chicago. :laugh2:
If the Heat acquire Boozer/Odom he re-signs. He's been asking for talent around him for him to re-sign. The Bulls need another superstar along Rose it will not be Wade tho. Plus they would be a bad duo, they both can't shoot very well.

You miami fans are all on cloud nine. Read between the lines when Wade speaks. He said unless the team becomes contenders that he'll bolt!

There is absolutely no top available player that is making his way to Miami!!!

Boozer will make it to Chicago or stay in Utah before he goes to Miami. And thats not even my opinion. Read the reports! A.I. is rumored to go every where in the nba so don't consider yourselves lucky that miami was included in that.

Odom! may go to the heat. Maybe? Maybe tomorrow he'll be playing somewhere else. But the miami heat will need alot more than Odom to keep Wade happy. And seriously? Will Odom make your team that much better?:rolleyes:

I as a chicago bulls fan really don't think Wade will fit this team because rose is here. I really love Wade as a player and would love to have him on the bulls but Rose and wade are almost the same type of player. SO I dont think it'll match well.

Miami heat fans, I mean this with 100% sincerity....GOOD LUCK on next year and keeping Wade the following summer. I say you have a 25% chance of keeping him.

Its my opinion and its probably wrong but, if your "Legend" Pat Riley keeps his hands under his @$S this off season than Michael Beasley will be the new star of south beach next year.

Raph12
07-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Breaking News on the Odom Front!: Odom likely to sign a deal with Miami by the end of the week!

It seems likely that Lamar Odom could sign a five-season deal with the Miami Heat at the mid-level exception ($5.8 million for next season and $34 million or so for the length of the contract) by the end of the week.
http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2009/07/odom-to-miami.html

King Koopa
07-16-2009, 11:43 AM
You miami fans are all on cloud nine. Read between the lines when Wade speaks. He said unless the team becomes contenders that he'll bolt!

There is absolutely no top available player that is making his way to Miami!!!

Boozer will make it to Chicago or stay in Utah before he goes to Miami. And thats not even my opinion. Read the reports! A.I. is rumored to go every where in the nba so don't consider yourselves lucky that miami was included in that.

Odom! may go to the heat. Maybe? Maybe tomorrow he'll be playing somewhere else. But the miami heat will need alot more than Odom to keep Wade happy. And seriously? Will Odom make your team that much better?:rolleyes:

I as a chicago bulls fan really don't think Wade will fit this team because rose is here. I really love Wade as a player and would love to have him on the bulls but Rose and wade are almost the same type of player. SO I dont think it'll match well.

Miami heat fans, I mean this with 100% sincerity....GOOD LUCK on next year and keeping Wade the following summer. I say you have a 25% chance of keeping him.

Its my opinion and its probably wrong but, if your "Legend" Pat Riley keeps his hands under his @$S this off season than Michael Beasley will be the new star of south beach next year.

Yeah read this one it's front page on Yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba;_ylt=AnIcDlm8oWk7TnJr8tevnHs5nYcB

futureman
07-16-2009, 11:44 AM
They would not have to trade Beasley for Boozer, and if they somehow got that team they would be in the discussion for a championship. Sans Iverson they may even be better.

Yes they will. the jazz aren't total idiots.

Chronz
07-16-2009, 11:46 AM
They dont have what it takes to get Boozer

NYYCowboys
07-16-2009, 11:57 AM
If the Knicks trade for Kobe, LeBron, and Bosh do you think that they would be the favs to win the championship? There's no way the Heat can get all of those players and it's a stupid question to even ask if any decent team adds 3 allstars I think they would be one of the favorites, but that's not gonna happen sorry.

J_M_B
07-16-2009, 12:00 PM
wow a lot of Miami Heat haters. I agree though Miami won't be able to get all three of them, but I can definitely see them getting Odom/Boozer. There are already reports that Lamar will sign with Miami at the end of the week for a 5 year deal at the Mid-level exception(5.8mil). Then I can see Miami trading for Boozer. They can Boozer for Haslem(Jerry Sloan's type of player) and James Jones. Utah isn't looking for so much talent in return for Carlos anyways. They are trying to retain Milsap. Miami won't be a favorite to win a championship, but these upgrades resign Wade IMO. Plus they have one of the best in the business in Pat Riley to make these deals go through.
Mario Chalmers/Patrick Beverly
Dwyane Wade/Daquean Cook
Lamar Odom/Jamario Moon
Carlos Boozer/Micheal Beasley(6th man)
Jermaine O'Neal/ Jamal Magloire

Not true contenders, but I'll put them #3 or #4 in the East.

J_M_B
07-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Yes they will. the jazz aren't total idiots.

Miami will be the idiots if they trade Beasley for Boozer.

jimbobjarree
07-16-2009, 12:02 PM
If they do get Lamar I hope our GM says Beasley or no deal to the Heat, especialy with the possibility of Lamar and Boozer soon to be locked up Beasley may as well come here.

Also, have you noticed that when Wade speaks, its always about putting a star around him, playing with a star or an olympian such as Boozer. He has never mentioned Beasley, putting a star around him and Beasley, its alwasy just him. Wade obviously isnt high on the kid, and I reckon if it was up to him he's trade Beasley for Boozer in a heartbeat.

MylesKong
07-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Yes.

J_M_B
07-16-2009, 12:52 PM
If they do get Lamar I hope our GM says Beasley or no deal to the Heat, especialy with the possibility of Lamar and Boozer soon to be locked up Beasley may as well come here.

Also, have you noticed that when Wade speaks, its always about putting a star around him, playing with a star or an olympian such as Boozer. He has never mentioned Beasley, putting a star around him and Beasley, its alwasy just him. Wade obviously isnt high on the kid, and I reckon if it was up to him he's trade Beasley for Boozer in a heartbeat.

Pat Riley wouldn't trade Beasley for Boozer. I can see a deal with Udnois Haslem, James Jones, and another filler to bring Boozer to South Beach. Isn't Utah's top priority to resign Milsap? Why would they want a Starting PF who would take away a lot of minutes from Milsap? That doesn't make sense, but Haslem would be a good fit in Utah. A player that gives it his all on the court and willing to take sacrifices for the team now that is Jerry Sloan type of player.

futureman
07-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Pat Riley wouldn't trade Beasley for Boozer. I can see a deal with Udnois Haslem, James Jones, and another filler to bring Boozer to South Beach. Isn't Utah's top priority to resign Milsap? Why would they want a Starting PF who would take away a lot of minutes from Milsap? That doesn't make sense, but Haslem would be a good fit in Utah. A player that gives it his all on the court and willing to take sacrifices for the team now that is Jerry Sloan type of player.

The jazz can easily pay the LT for one year if the right offer doesn't come along. They have no debt and haven't even borrowed any money yet. They can dip into their credit line so they can pay the tax. Boozer for Haslem doesn't do anything for the jazz and haslem on averages 8.7 ppg as a starter so he probably won't do that much as a backup. Miami can offer the most but if they are not offering Beasley they are offering the least.

PJAF
07-16-2009, 03:25 PM
They may get one out of the three and A.I. won't be one because he would take away from Wade.

fairandbalanced
07-16-2009, 04:31 PM
They may get one out of the three and A.I. won't be one because he would take away from Wade.

:rolleyes:

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-16-2009, 05:06 PM
They would have to trade at least Beasley for Boozer, Sign A.I and trade Haslem for Odom just to get those 3.

C-O'Neal, Anthony
PF-Boozer, Odom
SF-Moon, Jones
SG-Wade, Cook
PG-Chalmers, A.I

Even then I say No.

No we do not need to trade beasly. Everyone keeps saying we need to trade beasley when you don't even know what utah's situation is.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Im not gonna even continue to read this thread because all of you losers are making horrible unoriginal posts thats getting really repetitive. Obviously we can't get all three, he made a mistake, but quit with all these terrible jokes.

LE-SHAQ
07-16-2009, 05:14 PM
No. good collection of players but still no championship team.

J_M_B
07-16-2009, 05:18 PM
The jazz can easily pay the LT for one year if the right offer doesn't come along. They have no debt and haven't even borrowed any money yet. They can dip into their credit line so they can pay the tax. Boozer for Haslem doesn't do anything for the jazz and haslem on averages 8.7 ppg as a starter so he probably won't do that much as a backup. Miami can offer the most but if they are not offering Beasley they are offering the least.

Udnois Haslem might only average 10.0 ppg in his career, but he is consistent, plays defense, and grabs 8-9 boards any given night. Yes, I agree he isn't as talented as Beasley or Boozer, but Boozer might be a 1-year rental for Miami. Miami would get the worst of the deal if Boozer leaves after the following season and Utah gets a franchise player in the making in Micheal Beasley. That's why I think a deal like Haslem + Jones/Wright + filler for Boozer is fair. Utah is trying to retain Milsap and get cap relief.

Here's a rumor of a deal

The essentials of a possible deal would include Miami sending forward Udonis Haslem(notes) and Dorell Wright to Utah. Because Memphis is under the cap, Utah could move Wright's $2.8 million salary to the Grizzlies and save itself approximately $5.6 million with salary and luxury-tax payments. Memphis would probably get cash and picks for its trouble. The Heat would have to send one more small contract to make the math on the salary exchange work.

futureman
07-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Udnois Haslem might only average 10.0 ppg in his career, but he is consistent, plays defense, and grabs 8-9 boards any given night. Yes, I agree he isn't as talented as Beasley or Boozer, but Boozer might be a 1-year rental for Miami. Miami would get the worst of the deal if Boozer leaves after the following season and Utah gets a franchise player in the making in Micheal Beasley. That's why I think a deal like Haslem + Jones/Wright + filler for Boozer is fair. Utah is trying to retain Milsap and get cap relief.

Here's a rumor of a deal

The longer the jazz keep boozer the better the deal gets. I know the jazz won't do anything that stupid. If we don't get a good player from miami we will get one from somewhere else. If we don't the knicks aren't getting any better so we will just replace him with their unprotected pick that we own.

NiggaGroundslol
07-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Cook dat nasty betch.

atl_braves_fan
07-16-2009, 05:38 PM
No -- AI will not win a championship.

Trouble87
07-16-2009, 06:05 PM
doesn't make them the favs to win a championship, just shows the genius of Pat Riley

J_M_B
07-16-2009, 06:21 PM
The longer the jazz keep boozer the better the deal gets. I know the jazz won't do anything that stupid. If we don't get a good player from miami we will get one from somewhere else. If we don't the knicks aren't getting any better so we will just replace him with their unprotected pick that we own.

Yeah, but don't the Jazz have less than a week to match Milsap's offer?

J_M_B
07-16-2009, 06:22 PM
doesn't make them the favs to win a championship, just shows the genius of Pat Riley

Wouldn't say they are the favorites, but I think they are contenders.

Sly Guy
07-16-2009, 06:35 PM
AI will never win a championship. So no.

JWO35
07-16-2009, 06:51 PM
If Allen Iverson joins the team, its a NO!

mrblisterdundee
07-16-2009, 07:37 PM
They could beat Boston or Cleveland in the east, but that team isn't good enough to take down Orlando or Los Angeles.

fairandbalanced
07-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Hi Haters...looks like we might actually get all 3

MajorFloridaFan
07-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Not going to happen

fairandbalanced
07-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Not going to happen

Hi Hater

Super.
07-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Even if they had the line-up....No, they arent even the best team in the east!

shonk688
07-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Nope

Public Enemy #1
07-17-2009, 04:14 AM
Miami would not be the favorites to win the East but they would be the 4th best team in the East. As long as LBJ is in Cleveland, the Big Three are intact, and the Magic are shooting a million three and making them, the Heat are the 4th best team in the East. I doubt they get Odom. Why would Odom sign a 5 million dollar deal when he could get 9 with the Lakers? He wouldn't do it just to piss off the Lakers, Odom doesn't seem like that sort of guy. But if they get Boozer, they will still be very good.

dee279
07-17-2009, 04:26 AM

Shiid people do it all the time anyway.

HiphopRelated
07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Even if Boozer was extending, you wouldn't get Beasley..he would probably be used to trade for a center.

For a possible Boozer rental, it's completely out of the question.

driz
07-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Never going to happen. Not all 3. And even if you did...Boozer goes down by the 2nd month for half the season with a knee injury...AI struggles with Dwyane Wade being the #1 ball hog in the town, fakes another injury and whines...and Odom has a subpar season. End game - first round KNOCKOUT.

jimbobjarree
07-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Beyond that, the Heat has not entered talks about possibly acquiring forward Carlos Boozer from the Jazz, but is monitoring that situation, with no expectation of a quick resolution by the Jazz.

In Thursday's speech, Riley said the team could acquire Odom, Boozer or both and still put itself in position to be a major player in 2010 free agency. The Heat made it clear to those present that Riley's comments to season-ticket holders were in an "off the record" setting.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-riley-s071709,0,6028353.story

you guys are trusting something that was just a ploy to sell season tickets.

And the Jazz havnt even recieved contact from the Heat and you guys are celebrating like you have him already.

fairandbalanced
07-17-2009, 09:41 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-riley-s071709,0,6028353.story

And the Jazz havnt even recieved contact from the Heat and you guys are celebrating like you have him already.

:rolleyes:

HOZ THE KNICK
07-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Even a video game won't allow this shyt to happen, that's impossible but they will be a championship contender for sure.

Sportfan
07-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Miami will be the idiots if they trade Beasley for Boozer.

No thats actually a fair trade

b_rad23
07-17-2009, 03:42 PM
No thats actually a fair trade

Not. 6+ years younger, better offensive skill set, more versatility, cheaper contract and locked up beyond 2010.

Not close to a fair trade.

abe_froman
07-17-2009, 03:43 PM
1.no it doesnt
2.i doubt they get all three

Frezhnitz
07-17-2009, 03:45 PM
lol no way.

ink
07-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Heat Line-up would be.

Sounds more like a fantasy team.

xBLAMEITON24x
07-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Won't happen and if it did i dont think they'll be favs

THE MTL
07-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Lakers should sign and trade Odom for Haslem basically. And then the Heat, use MLE on Allen Iverson! And then give the Jazz a partially guaranteed contract for Boozer.That would be INSANE!

daleja424
07-17-2009, 05:18 PM

he was talking to people who already own season tickets... so who is he selling to? :eyebrow: