PDA

View Full Version : yanks fan here

yankeefan54
07-15-2009, 05:54 PM
ive seen that the yanks are interseted in him. Ive seen him pitch alittle and he looked good. Hes strugled latley but what does he throw pitches velocity,a scouting report. what would u guys want from the yanks in return? thanks.

mise
07-15-2009, 07:43 PM
ive seen that the yanks are interseted in him. Ive seen him pitch alittle and he looked good. Hes strugled latley but what does he throw pitches velocity,a scouting report. what would u guys want from the yanks in return? thanks.

He is a good pitcher with solid command of the strike zone. He might not be a top of the rotation guy but he throws strikes and is not afraid to challenge the hitter in a fast ball count.

Mcclutch
07-15-2009, 08:42 PM

umm who are you talking about

spidurx21
07-15-2009, 11:04 PM
umm who are you talking about

I would assume he is talking about Maholm and in that case I don't think the Yanks have anything good to offer anymore for a fair return.

burgh_fan66
07-15-2009, 11:08 PM

who is the player? Maholm, Grabow or Duke most likely. Maybe Snell? Capps? Tell us the name and I'll give you something.

mise
07-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Damn I was hoping you guys would continue the sarcasm I started in post 2

burgh_fan66
07-16-2009, 12:39 AM
Damn I was hoping you guys would continue the sarcasm I started in post 2

I was thinking of going that way. Something along the lines of he like to throw in an occasional submarine style of pitching or he is a beast and will only be traded for your four best prospects. But I decided to just ask who he was and see if I can actually be helpful.

nickster16301
07-16-2009, 12:55 AM
he sucks you can have him

yankeefan54
07-16-2009, 02:18 AM
Sorry guys I'm asking about Ian snell

spidurx21
07-16-2009, 02:45 AM
Snell has big time talent but should be a reliever or closer but the only problem is he is a bit of a head case and at this point in time I think the Pirates would basically give him away for a fringe prospect with upside to just shed his contract.

m_mckinley
07-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Agreed...if the Yanks were willing to take on his contract (though it seems we always send the Yanks money in trades) I'm sure you could get him for a fringe prospect...we basically just want rid of him

NYYCowboys
07-22-2009, 01:06 PM
You poor guys if I were you guys I would riot outside of the stadium until they got an owner who was willing to field a good team. Every year I see you guys selling all your good players, and I wonder how you guys stick with the Pirates. I don't mean to be a dick but why do you guys put up with this? I guess it's kinda like me with the Knicks, but at least there is some hope, but with the Pirates unless their prospects really develop into studs there's no hope.

P.S. I recently bought the new 3rd uni Pirates fitted hat and it's a cool hat you should switch to those jerseys full time.

burgh_fan66
07-22-2009, 06:10 PM
You poor guys if I were you guys I would riot outside of the stadium until they got an owner who was willing to field a good team. Every year I see you guys selling all your good players, and I wonder how you guys stick with the Pirates. I don't mean to be a dick but why do you guys put up with this? I guess it's kinda like me with the Knicks, but at least there is some hope, but with the Pirates unless their prospects really develop into studs there's no hope.

P.S. I recently bought the new 3rd uni Pirates fitted hat and it's a cool hat you should switch to those jerseys full time.

There is no simple answer to that. The older fans will tell you about the Lumber Company of the 70's and how they are awaiting a return to glory. Even older fans will talk about Maz and his walk off shot. The generation before me might point to the early 90's team which gave the Braves all they could handle. In my generation we all have our own reasons. Personally, mine was the '97 season. Specifically two events in that season the 10 million dollar man (Albert Bell) being swept by the 9 million dollar freak show Pirates. And moment two was Cordova and Rincon throwing a 10-inning no hitter, and Mark Smith's walk off 3-run homer (same game).

Through it all we have lost the fringe fan, the casual fan, the bandwagon fan, the medium fan, the normal fan, and even some die hard fans. There are still a few die-hards left but I believe alot of us are never-die fans. The Pirates are our spirit, it is the baseball we grew up loving and we know nothing else. The baseball gods gave us this team to support and we will honor our duty through any and all trials. We support them not because they are goo, not because the future is bright but because they are ours. We are with them for every up and every down, every turn, every trade, every defeat and the very few triumphs.

We put up with it because they are OUR team and will be forever. They will be good again and when they are we will relish the oppurtunity to say we witnessed it. We will be able to say we watched OUR team come out of the roughest stretch in sports history. The Pirate fan is a different type of fan we put up with because WE ARE THEM. The Pirate fan represents all that was once good with Pirate baseball and all that will be good again in the future. Without us all that reamins are a pile of losing seasons and mound of shattered hopes. They are in our blood, our mind, our spirit. We need to stay with it or Pirate baseball will cease to exist.

I hope this explains it but if it does not, well I tried. It is really tough to explain. Basically we are afraid they if we give up hope then we lost the Pirate brand of baseball.

Lets Go Bucs!!!!!

NYYCowboys
07-22-2009, 07:03 PM
There is no simple answer to that. The older fans will tell you about the Lumber Company of the 70's and how they are awaiting a return to glory. Even older fans will talk about Maz and his walk off shot. The generation before me might point to the early 90's team which gave the Braves all they could handle. In my generation we all have our own reasons. Personally, mine was the '97 season. Specifically two events in that season the 10 million dollar man (Albert Bell) being swept by the 9 million dollar freak show Pirates. And moment two was Cordova and Rincon throwing a 10-inning no hitter, and Mark Smith's walk off 3-run homer (same game).

Through it all we have lost the fringe fan, the casual fan, the bandwagon fan, the medium fan, the normal fan, and even some die hard fans. There are still a few die-hards left but I believe alot of us are never-die fans. The Pirates are our spirit, it is the baseball we grew up loving and we know nothing else. The baseball gods gave us this team to support and we will honor our duty through any and all trials. We support them not because they are goo, not because the future is bright but because they are ours. We are with them for every up and every down, every turn, every trade, every defeat and the very few triumphs.

We put up with it because they are OUR team and will be forever. They will be good again and when they are we will relish the oppurtunity to say we witnessed it. We will be able to say we watched OUR team come out of the roughest stretch in sports history. The Pirate fan is a different type of fan we put up with because WE ARE THEM. The Pirate fan represents all that was once good with Pirate baseball and all that will be good again in the future. Without us all that reamins are a pile of losing seasons and mound of shattered hopes. They are in our blood, our mind, our spirit. We need to stay with it or Pirate baseball will cease to exist.

I hope this explains it but if it does not, well I tried. It is really tough to explain. Basically we are afraid they if we give up hope then we lost the Pirate brand of baseball.

Lets Go Bucs!!!!!

Wow that's deep and I kinda get it. You made me have a new found respect for Pirates fans. I hope you guys get to see a winning team in the near future....although you do have the Penguins and Steelers so it can't be that bad being a Pittsburgh sports fan.

burgh_fan66
07-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Wow that's deep and I kinda get it. You made me have a new found respect for Pirates fans. I hope you guys get to see a winning team in the near future....although you do have the Penguins and Steelers so it can't be that bad being a Pittsburgh sports fan.

No its not too bad being a Pittsburgh sports fan but really I am the minority but I would trade away the Pens and Steelers championships for a Pirate World Series.

I am glad you kind of see my point. It is kind of hard to get unless you are one. I just let myself type. I have had that discussion with several Pirate fans and that is basically what we always come out with. We are the last tie to true Pirate baseball and if we leave that leaves with us.

MooseWithFleas
07-26-2009, 11:55 PM

Lets Go Bucs!!!!!

+1, great post.

Spilopleura
07-27-2009, 02:09 AM
I'd like to quote/paraphrase a user on the pirates/mlb site named PiratesAZ.
"I can't wear any other ball caps besides Pirates ones. The others all seem to give me a rash."

I was a pre-teen in the mid nineties and couldn't wait for our monthly trips to 3 Rivers. I was only alive for about 45 days of the '70s, so I missed out on all of that greatness. I was a bit too young to care during the bad teams/drug days of the '80s. The early to mid nineties was a great time to be a Pirates fan. It's all that I know.

We stay fans because we have seen greatness in Pittsburgh, or even have seen it elsewhere. And we know that when the Pirates once again become an elite/championship team it will feel so much better because we were there for all of the rough times.

For now though, all we can do is tune in or head to the stadium and feel a sense of pride with each win and brush off each loss like it doesn't hurt. We complain loudly after every trade, and threaten to stop the support, but we never do. We're almost like an abused woman or a junkie. We don't know anything else, so we keep going back.

I just hope that someone comes along soon and throws a wrench in the revolving door of talent. We've actually made some good trades, but when the prospects we get pan out we shoo them out the door for more prospects. If by the grace of God all of our prospects mature at the same time into 3/4 of their given potential, watch out world.