PDA

View Full Version : Shaq so funny

nba08
07-15-2009, 04:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Dana-White-Shaq-wants-to-fight-Brock-Lesnar-;_ylt=Ahk5.FqaG1lpDDnayBJsUma8vLYF?urn=nba,176709

lol he wants to do ufc. lol you think he can be a decent fighter

Sportfan
07-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Lesnar wold kick his ***

UK Bull
07-15-2009, 05:13 PM
He's been training in MMA for a while now id love to see him knock out Lesnar

masalex1205
07-15-2009, 05:14 PM
He would be decent

ThEaIrUpThErE
07-15-2009, 05:16 PM
lesner > shaq in fighting

The_Mac22
07-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Lesnar will beat him up...

sep11ie
07-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Shaq fights like Peter McNeely. Remember when Barkley whooped his ***?

DrDEADalready
07-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Seriously? Wow. Is shaq trying to kill himself? Brock would destroy him.

mcgswfan
07-15-2009, 05:35 PM
All he needs to do is sit on a UFC competitor and he'll win more than he loses. What does he weigh, like about 325-340 pounds? I don't think any UFC opponent would be able to get Shaq off of them if they ended up in that spot. Plus he has a tremendous reach, it would take a really crafty competitor to take him down, especially if he has some form of training in MMA. It would be pretty funny to watch though, I must admit.

jetsfan718
07-15-2009, 05:35 PM
lol dumb idea shaq cant fight way to slow

DrDEADalready
07-15-2009, 05:39 PM
In order to fight in the ufc. Shaq would have to weigh in at 265. I don't think he can do that. unless they do some back yard fight.

Rome
07-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Shaq would get knocked out. Funny though.

AntiG
07-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Shaq would get demolished in the UFC. Wayyyyyy to awkward and inflexible to handle submission fighters. Big difference between someone like him versus Lesnar, who was the national wrestling champion in college and runner up the year before to Stephen Neal (Patriots guard). Lesnar is one of the best in the world at his fighting style, so moving into MMA was relatively natural for him (not to mention he's a far better athlete).

Kyle N.
07-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Hey should do it.

xHTOWN713x
07-15-2009, 06:20 PM
FEDOR will destroy anyone. lesnar, gay shaq, etc. ANYONE!

DrDEADalready
07-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Hell no he won't.

Fedor is a ***** for not wanting to come to UFC and fight the best.

NYtilIdie
07-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Shaq would get murked lol He's so damn tall guys like Lesnar would have no problem taking him down.

ggg
07-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Lesnar has been wrestling all his life he Should be able to take shaq down and from d ground on the bottom im guessing shaq's weakness. His jab is probably his moneymaker but we havent seen lesnar fought someone as big as shaq. randy couture took a 6'8 wimp in tim sylvia down and kept him there little to no trouble. Shaq is 7'1 pure str type of guy, alpha male mother****er (MF). its different. Shaq imo hopefully should fight a few warm up fights just to see where he stands at.

his Legs will be a target for everybody, if he fights, he better be retired at basketball.

ggg
07-15-2009, 07:02 PM
for those who havent seen this..

SHAQ MMA training

real training starts at :50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyISJ-ITYl4

stawka
07-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Shaq fights like Peter McNeely. Remember when Barkley whooped his ***?

Did you read the article? Shaq has been doing MMA training for over 10 years, the Barkley incident was in 1999 (10 years ago).

Either way, Brock would kick his ***. Some of the 'weaker opponents' would be interesting, but Brock is a machine

Statik1
07-15-2009, 08:20 PM

I would LOVE to see FEDOR vs LESNAR

FEDOR for the win

that fight would be HUGE!

PJAF
07-15-2009, 08:32 PM
I would love nothing better than to see Shaq get smash mouthed in his smash mouth.

vash9
07-15-2009, 08:35 PM
As much as i would pay good money to actually see this fight from what that reporter was saying about Shaq's "MMA training experience," Brock Lesnar wins hands down.

Lesnar punched a guy in the eye and gave him a broken nose..at the same time..LOL. i find that funny.

Hustla23
07-15-2009, 08:37 PM
lol At the Brock would kick Shaq's *** comments.

Shaq has him by a good foot and 100 pounds.

And he's been training in MMA and he's one of the most athletic and skillful centers to play the game.

If Shaq just throws himself at Lesnar, gets on top of him, and just beats his *** down, what's Lesnar gonna do? I highly doubt he can push Shaq around.

To put this in perspective. Lesnar is 6'3.

That's basically someone Steve Nash's height fighting Shaq.

Imagine that.

KG2TB
07-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Well since Shaq threw THE ugliest punch in history when he went to swing on brad miller, i'd say he would get destroyed by MOST fighters in the UFC. He's big and has a long reach but that will only help him so much and for so long. Didn't barkley lay the woodwork down on shaq too? Shaq just likes to say off the wall ****.

IBleedPurple
07-15-2009, 09:04 PM
He's been training in MMA for a while now id love to see him knock out Lesnar

:laugh:

Wouldn't happen, I don't care how long Shaq has been training, he is old, and his muscles are developed for basketball style motion. It would take at least a year of non-basketball time of pure training to even compete, and Shaq would be falling apart by then.

MPScribbles
07-15-2009, 09:09 PM

And he's been training in MMA and he's one of the most athletic and skillful centers to play the game.

If Shaq just throws himself at Lesnar, gets on top of him, and just beats his *** down, what's Lesnar gonna do? I highly doubt he can push Shaq around.

Imagine that.

How the hell is his skill in the post going to help him in a fight?

To put this in perspective that is someone who is like 2.5 Nashes and has been a fighting champion his whole life. He would beat the crap out of Shaq. It wouldn't even be entertaining. Couple minutes in you would just feel bad for Shaq.

IBleedPurple
07-15-2009, 09:16 PM

Imagine that.

You have lost all credibility and must have never watched not been in a fight in your life.

-Shaq is old
-Shaq is slow
-Shaq couldn't just "throw himself at Lesnar, and get on top of him", he would get knocked silly if he tried that
-Shaq isn't 7'3, he is 7'1 (not a foot taller than Lesnar)
-Shaq's basketball career would not help him
-Shaq has likely not been in any real fights in a long time, or he would've been sued
-Lesnar is fast
-Lesnar is strong
-Lesnar has great striking power
-Lesnar is a national champion greco-roman wrestler
-Have you seen Lesnar? He could pick up & push Shaq around without question

Hustla23
07-15-2009, 09:33 PM
You have lost all credibility and must have never watched not been in a fight in your life.

-Shaq is old
-Shaq is slow
-Shaq couldn't just "throw himself at Lesnar, and get on top of him", he would get knocked silly if he tried that
-Shaq isn't 7'3, he is 7'1 (not a foot taller than Lesnar)
-Shaq's basketball career would not help him
-Shaq has likely not been in any real fights in a long time, or he would've been sued
-Lesnar is fast
-Lesnar is strong
-Lesnar has great striking power
-Lesnar is a national champion greco-roman wrestler
-Have you seen Lesnar? He could pick up & push Shaq around without question
lol Shaq is only 37. He can still move and fight. Shaq is like the biggest human being in the universe, he shoved the entire Rockets team to the floor during a confrontation. I see no reason as to why he can't beat the stuffing out of a guy whose "almost" a foot shorter than him and has the advantage by a good 100 pounds. By your logic, Manny Paciao could beat up Shaq because "he's been training his whole life" and is "skilled in fighting." As if size doesn't mean anything.

Size matters. A whole lot.

I understand that a trained, big fighter could beat Shaq.

Andre Klitchko or however you spell his name, the 6'9 boxer could probably lay out Shaq, but Brock Lesnar?

Brock Lesnar is the most overrated fighter in UFC. He's another Kimbo. Vitor Belfort would lay that fool out in a second.

Bulls_fan90
07-15-2009, 09:36 PM

Fedor only fights guys who are well passed their prime.

daleja424
07-15-2009, 09:39 PM
for those who havent seen this..

SHAQ MMA training

real training starts at :50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyISJ-ITYl4

:laugh2:

daleja424
07-15-2009, 09:40 PM
I would actually pay to watch shaq get his :moon: kicked

IBleedPurple
07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
lol Shaq is only 37. He can still move and fight. Shaq is like the biggest human being in the universe, he shoved the entire Rockets team to the floor during a confrontation. I see no reason as to why he can't beat the stuffing out of a guy whose "almost" a foot shorter than him and has the advantage by a good 100 pounds. By your logic, Manny Paciao could beat up Shaq because "he's been training his whole life" and is "skilled in fighting." As if size doesn't mean anything.

Size matters. A whole lot.

I understand that a trained, big fighter could beat Shaq.

Andre Klitchko or however you spell his name, the 6'9 boxer could probably lay out Shaq, but Brock Lesnar?

Brock Lesnar is the most overrated fighter in UFC. He's another Kimbo. Vitor Belfort would lay that fool out in a second.

Only 37? I don't care if he pushed other NBA players to the floor, they likely weren't ready for it, and at least 3 of the players are relatively small. I never said Pacquiao could beat Shaq. He is a small boxer, and we are talking about MMA.

Lesnar is a big trained fighter, but your hate for him must be clouding your view. Lesnar can fight, wrestle (won two NCAA championships), the whole package. Kimbo is a puncher who got famous on youtube, big difference. Belfort probably wouldn't fight Lesnar, and for good reason.

Again, you must know nothing about fighting to believe outright that a 37 year old basketball player could beat up Brock Lesnar anytime in the near future. Have you seen Shaq grapple? What about his submission defense?

And he has only trained for fights, no way he got in actual fights. The owners of the Cavs/Suns/Heat/Lakers/Magic wouldn't allow that to happen. I could train for years to be a boxer, it doesn't mean I could take on Tyson in his prime.

Hustla23
07-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Only 37? I don't care if he pushed other NBA players to the floor, they likely weren't ready for it, and at least 3 of the players are relatively small. I never said Pacquiao could beat Shaq. He is a small boxer, and we are talking about MMA.

Lesnar is a big trained fighter, but your hate for him must be clouding your view. Lesnar can fight, wrestle (won two NCAA championships), the whole package. Kimbo is a puncher who got famous on youtube, big difference. Belfort probably wouldn't fight Lesnar, and for good reason.

Again, you must know nothing about fighting to believe outright that a 37 year old basketball player could beat up Brock Lesnar anytime in the near future. Have you seen Shaq grapple? What about his submission defense?

And he has only trained for fights, no way he got in actual fights. The owners of the Cavs/Suns/Heat/Lakers/Magic wouldn't allow that to happen. I could train for years to be a boxer, it doesn't mean I could take on Tyson in his prime.
lol Whatever you say.

I think that when you're that much bigger and that much stronger and that much heavier than a guy, you tend to be favored. And Shaq has been training for 10 years. Not 10 months. 10 years. The guy knows how to fight.

Size + fighting skills = Not going to be beaten by a guy whose almost half his size.

Hopefully this fight goes down sometime in the near future.

sep11ie
07-15-2009, 10:58 PM
All he needs to do is sit on a UFC competitor and he'll win more than he loses. What does he weigh, like about 325-340 pounds? I don't think any UFC opponent would be able to get Shaq off of them if they ended up in that spot. Plus he has a tremendous reach, it would take a really crafty competitor to take him down, especially if he has some form of training in MMA. It would be pretty funny to watch though, I must admit.

You said no UFC fighters can get Shaq off.

Anthony Flores
07-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Have fun getting down to 265 shaq...

ntat
07-15-2009, 11:21 PM
well to fight lesnar the most shaq could weigh is 265lbs. good luck losin that wait fat boy diesel.

GspLAL
07-16-2009, 04:02 AM

Imagine that.

Well then I guess no one can ever defeat Tim Sylvia..oh wait.

AntiG
07-16-2009, 09:26 AM

Imagine that.

Lesnar is a lot stronger than Shaq (he manhandled offensive linemen during Vikings preseason, just had zero technique doing it) and has a HUGE leverage advantage. He's one of the world's best wrestlers and ridiculously fast... throw in the fact that Shaq is near 40.

If Shaq throws himself at Lesnar, Lesnar will press him with ease. His bench press is well over 600 lbs.

Shaq's height and size is an advantage as a basketball player, but as a non-boxing fighter, its a huge disadvantage.

AntiG
07-16-2009, 09:28 AM
lol Whatever you say.

I think that when you're that much bigger and that much stronger and that much heavier than a guy, you tend to be favored. And Shaq has been training for 10 years. Not 10 months. 10 years. The guy knows how to fight.

Size + fighting skills = Not going to be beaten by a guy whose almost half his size.

Hopefully this fight goes down sometime in the near future.

Shaq is bigger, but Lesnar is a LOT stronger.

S-Dot
07-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Until he gets his revenge on Charles Barkley, I dont wanna see Shaq fight anyone (though his fight with Brad Miller was pretty funny too)

architect13563
07-16-2009, 10:30 AM
i'd pay to see that.

swells2048
07-16-2009, 03:30 PM

Imagine that.

Ok, you do know that Brock weighs around 290 and Shaq weighs about 325. that isn't 100 lbs. And what is Shaq going to do on his back? Hong Man Choi is very good kickboxer and couldn't beat Fedor and he had a legit 100lbs on him and nearly a foot.

Height doesn't mean all that much if you don't know how to use it. Randy Couture beat down Tim Sylvia who had 40lbs and about 8 inches on him.

Training in mma for balance, discpline,etc is a lot different than training mma to fight.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-16-2009, 05:12 PM
This would be an awsome fight lol. Its not gonna be close because shaq is gonna get destroyed, but awsome.