PDA

View Full Version : Orlando closing in on a deal with Barnes?

Raph12
07-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Steve Kyler from Hoopsworld:

Orlando is throwing money around like it's going out of style, may open the season with a payroll in excess of $80 million, and they may not be finished spending as sources say they could be closing in on a deal with Matt Barnes.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13325

Thoughts and ideas?

clutchski
07-15-2009, 02:00 PM
in excess of 80 million!? That's ridiculous. I guess that's about the same as Boston and LAL though.

North Yorker
07-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Their starting line-up is already sick and now their bench is getting deeper and deeper.

Raph12
07-15-2009, 02:03 PM
in excess of 80 million!? That's ridiculous.

well its actually about 74.5 or so but since luxury tax has to be paid $ for $, it doubles and becomes 80m, but they'll have until the trade deadline to make the roster final and by then who knows what happens, especially with the 9m trade exception they got floating around

*Superman*
07-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Nice he will be a great addition to the bench.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-15-2009, 02:11 PM
i guess orlando is going all out this yr for a chip.

DerekRE_3
This would be a really good signing.

JordansBulls
Steve Kyler from Hoopsworld:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13325

Thoughts and ideas?

Orlando wants to make sure they win it all.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Cool

C-Howard, Gortat
PF-Lewis, Bass
SF-Barnes, Pietris
SG-Carter, Reddick
PG-Nelson, Johnson

Pretty deep.

Weezy
07-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Good pickup if it happens!

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 02:16 PM
A lot of spending though.

Raptors seem to have a deep bench with their roster and only spending around 68 mil.

C-Bargnani, Rasho, O'Bryant
PF-Bosh, Evans, Mensah-Bonsu
SF-Turkoglu, Wright, George
SG-Derozan, Delfino, Banks
PG-Calderon, Jack, Ukic

BTownTeamsRKing
07-15-2009, 02:17 PM
well thats not good. another wing man gone

Chronz
07-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Orlando knows how to build a winner, SPEND

Tommyh1331
07-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Finally the Magic are spending money and they are spending alot!! haha I love it, it is about time I see my team care about winning instead of just putting out an ok roster...If we get Barnes too, man everyone look out for these guys:clap::clap:

Tommyh1331
07-15-2009, 02:27 PM

Raptors seem to have a deep bench with their roster and only spending around 68 mil.

PG-Calderon, Jack, Ukic

Man you just love throwing your raptors around to anyone that will listen, This isn't a raptors roster thread its a thread on matt barnes signing with the magic...and your team can't hang with the Magic so don't even get that idea in your head

dwadefan03
07-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Good pickup if it happens!

hey i really like your little pic underneath your post. i was wondering where you got it and if you could make me one of chris bosh in a miami jersey....

blah-blah
07-15-2009, 02:33 PM
is this a joke?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Man you just love throwing your raptors around to anyone that will listen, This isn't a raptors roster thread its a thread on matt barnes signing with the magic...and your team can't hang with the Magic so don't even get that idea in your head

I like to throw around my Raptors? I was just comparing the roster and payroll.

I can't compare rosters?

Where did I say the Raptors can beat the Magic?

I was saying that they spent a lot of money when other teams have solid benches with lower payroll.

Get the **** over yourself.

masalex1205
07-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Lakers better pickup Odom

MAC10TIZZY
07-15-2009, 02:42 PM
man you just love throwing your raptors around to anyone that will listen, this isn't a raptors roster thread its a thread on matt barnes signing with the magic...and your team can't hang with the magic so don't even get that idea in your head

burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raph12
07-15-2009, 02:43 PM

PG-Calderon, Jack, Ukic

LMAO! dude let the guy have his moment, good point man only 68m spent but there are a few flaws, Jack isn't on the team yet (he's a RFA so Pacers could match), neither is Nesterovic or Delfino. And even with that lineup, the Magic would take that team out of the playoffs faster than you could finish a beer. Not only is Orlando a better team on paper but with this lineup they'll no longer have to live and more importantly die by the 3. Which means more consistent wins, which means a team like the Raptors, no offence, would still easily be eliminated by the Magic. Now tell me how that lineup measures up to this one:

PG - Jameer Nelson, Anthony Johnson, ?
SG - Vince Carter, Mikhael Pietrius, JJ Redick
SF - Rashard Lewis, Matt Barnes, Jeremy Richardson
PF - Brandon Bass, Ryan Anderson, ?
C - Dwight Howard, Marcin Gortat, ?
? - Denotes players they are still looking for

Now you tell me, who is better even with the salary difference what team would you rather have? Orlando or Toronto?

dynastyredsox29
07-15-2009, 02:44 PM
man i don't like this being a celts fan

MAC10TIZZY
07-15-2009, 02:45 PM
I like to throw around my Raptors? I was just comparing the roster and payroll.

I can't compare rosters?

Where did I say the Raptors can beat the Magic?

I was saying that they spent a lot of money when other teams have solid benches with lower payroll.

Get the **** over yourself.

but he has a good point, you do this allllll the time!!!!!!!!!!...let it go man, every single one of us knows how to look up teams depth

RaptorsFanatic
07-15-2009, 02:48 PM
How come whenever I watch ESPN, I always hear rumors of players going to the same damn teams LOL...Its not a contender or favouritism thing Im trying to say, BUT HOW THE HELL DO THESE SAME TEAMS HAVE THAT MUCH MONEY TO REEL IN PLAYERS DESPITE A SALARY CAP PLACED IN THE LEAGUE?!

Eagles4Lyfe
07-15-2009, 02:48 PM
lol you make it to one finals and all start talking up..Well see how the season plays out before talkin but of course all of you will be hiding once you get embrassed..But nice signing tho your depth is getting better from last year..The magic have gotten better than last year but still wont be good enough to win it all...

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 02:51 PM
LMAO! dude let the guy have his moment, good point man only 68m spent but there are a few flaws, Jack isn't on the team yet (he's a RFA so Pacers could match), neither is Nesterovic or Delfino. And even with that lineup, the Magic would take that team out of the playoffs faster than you could finish a beer. Not only is Orlando a better team on paper but with this lineup they'll no longer have to live and more importantly die by the 3. Which means more consistent wins, which means a team like the Raptors, no offence, would still easily be eliminated by the Magic. Now tell me how that lineup measures up to this one:

PG - Jameer Nelson, Anthony Johnson, ?
SG - Vince Carter, Mikhael Pietrius, JJ Redick
SF - Rashard Lewis, Matt Barnes, Jeremy Richardson
PF - Brandon Bass, Ryan Anderson, ?
C - Dwight Howard, Marcin Gortat, ?
? - Denotes players they are still looking for

Now you tell me, who is better even with the salary difference what team would you rather have? Orlando or Toronto?

I know Orlando is better than the Raptors.

I was just saying that with this reccession, they are spending a lot of money. And a lot on guys that can backfire like Gortat and Bass. Who spends 11 million on 2 big men who performed good for less than a season. Erick Dampier all over again.

And Jack, Rasho and Delfino are most likely going to Raptors.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 02:52 PM
but he has a good point, you do this allllll the time!!!!!!!!!!...let it go man, every single one of us knows how to look up teams depth

I'm saying that you don't have to spend a lot to get a solid bench.

No offense but it is stuid to spend 5 million on Bass and 7 million or Gortat when Bass and Gortat haven't even performed good a whole season.

Raph12
07-15-2009, 02:55 PM
I know Orlando is better than the Raptors.

I was just saying that with this reccession, they are spending a lot of money. And a lot on guys that can backfire like Gortat and Bass.

That's cool bro, I respect your opinion but Orlando has the 3rd richest owner in the NBA and now (20+ years in the NBA) they are finally showing it. Orlando's GM once said "I can spend as much as I want" and I think he's more than proving it. It's not my money or your money so why stress it, right? Btw Gortat has proven he can play and produce but worst case scenario he can just be a trading piece, seeming as how the NBA is short on true centers and Orlando has a 9m trade exception to throw around.

Plus Bass is needed for his size, rebounding, midrange jumper and getting to the rim and even if he is a bust we can always throw him in a trade also.

cav_till_i_die
07-15-2009, 03:00 PM
raptors SUCK go talk about them somewhere elese

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 03:02 PM
That's cool bro, I respect your opinion but Orlando has the 3rd richest owner in the NBA and now (20+ years in the NBA) they are finally showing it. Orlando's GM once said "I can spend as much as I want" and I think he's more than proving it. It's not my money or your money so why stress it, right? Btw Gortat has proven he can play and produce but worst case scenario he can just be a trading piece, seeming as how the NBA is short on true centers and Orlando has a 9m trade exception to throw around.

Plus Bass is needed for his size, rebounding, midrange jumper and getting to the rim and even if he is a bust we can always throw him in a trade also.

Actually, if they spend a lot, they might go bankrupt and might suffer for a long time. Look at the Phoenix Coyotes. They are bankrupt and need to save a lot of money so they have a less than average roster to save money.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 03:04 PM
raptors SUCK go talk about them somewhere elese

They do?

We can both suck when Lebron leaves Cleveland.

dre1990
07-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Matt Barnes is the truth. this would be a great pickup fo the magic

tland22
07-15-2009, 03:14 PM

HAHAHAHA damn that was hilarious! im by myself just laughing my *** off

:clap:

Raph12
07-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Actually, if they spend a lot, they might go bankrupt and might suffer for a long time. Look at the Phoenix Coyotes. They are bankrupt and need to save a lot of money so they have a less than average roster to save money.

The Orlando Magic is owned by Richard DeVos;

In 2006, Forbes magazine listed him as the 73rd wealthiest person in the United States with an estimate net worth of USD$ 3.5 billion. In 2007, Forbes ranked him as the 249th richest person in the world. [1] (at one point he was in the top 10 of wealthiest Americans)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_DeVos

Magic Owner Richard Devos and Team President Bob VanderWeide is willing to spend from their own pocket to win a championship and with the increased revenue from the new Orlando Events Center in 2010, they'll make up for everything they lost. So before making these moves I'm sure GM Otis Smith had talks about debt with his Owner and Team President who gave him the OK to say "I can spend as much as I want" - Otis Smith
http://www.orlandomagicdaily.com/?p=458&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

This isn't Phoenix and it isn't Toronto, these owners are richer, smarter and willing to do/spend what it takes to win a championship

KaganRS
07-15-2009, 03:33 PM
thats how you do it , balls out if you want to win a championship ....good stuff

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 03:34 PM
The Orlando Magic is owned by Richard DeVos;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_DeVos

Magic Owner Richard Devos and Team President Bob VanderWeide is willing to spend from their own pocket to win a championship and with the increased revenue from the new Orlando Events Center in 2010, they'll make up for everything they lost. So before making these moves I'm sure GM Otis Smith had talks about debt with his Owner and Team President who gave him the OK to say "I can spend as much as I want" - Otis Smith
http://www.orlandomagicdaily.com/?p=458&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

This isn't Phoenix and it isn't Toronto, these owners are richer, smarter and willing to do/spend what it takes to win a championship

Ahh.

But still, I'm just saying you can get a solid bench while matching the limit. Seems like a lot of money wasted on 2 bench players.

LA_Raiders
07-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Wow, if thats true...I see you guys in the Finals Rematch....

Raph12
07-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Ahh.

But still, I'm just saying you can get a solid bench while matching the limit. Seems like a lot of money wasted on 2 bench players.

Bass will be starting, not bench and Gortat will likely be a trade piece come Dec 15th to get someone like Boozer or your beloved Chris Bosh, I know the latter part of the 2nd statement is a stretch but if Bosh doesn't sign a contract ext and TO is struggling by the Feb deadline than they may want to trade his expiring contract and Orlando has a 9m trade exception so technically they are one of few teams that could absorb his contract and would be willing to rent his services for half a year. So Bass, starting PF who give Orlando size and much more is worth the 4m I say and Gortat will be traded before the deadline so he's a nonfactor imo

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Bass will be starting, not bench and Gortat will likely be a trade piece come Dec 15th to get someone like Boozer or your beloved Chris Bosh, I know the latter part of the 2nd statement is a stretch but if Bosh doesn't sign a contract ext and TO is struggling by the Feb deadline than they may want to trade his expiring contract and Orlando has a 9m trade exception so technically they are one of few teams that could absorb his contract and would be willing to rent his services for half a year. So Bass, starting PF who give Orlando size and much more is worth the 4m I say and Gortat will be traded before the deadline so he's a nonfactor imo

If Bosh leaves, I still do not see him getting traded during mid-season.

BC has said that only way they are trading Bosh is in a S & T if he doesn't want to come back.

Raph12
07-15-2009, 03:55 PM
If Bosh leaves, I still do not see him getting traded during mid-season.

BC has said that only way they are trading Bosh is in a S & T if he doesn't want to come back.

Well than they may hold onto the TE until then, it was actually discussed that, that is what they may do. But like I said, these acquistions are just pushing the Magic closer to the title, it isn't my money and they know what they're doing with it so I don't need to question it, that research I did was just so you had no complaints about what they did with their money lol and maybe if anyone was in the same boat as you wondering why they're blowing all of their money

LA_Raiders
07-15-2009, 04:01 PM

Raph12
07-15-2009, 04:05 PM

See you in June bro, as for Raps fan I hope TO bombs and Bosh comes to Orlando to play with Dwight, I hear they're good buddies.

PS: I'm out for the day off to the gym and meeting the gf if anyone has any questions regarding the Magic ask away I'll answer when I return

tland22
07-15-2009, 04:06 PM
good fortune for magic fans!

Tommyh1331
07-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Ahh.

No what your saying is that your owner is only willing to put a competitive team in a league with LA, Boston, Orlando, Cleveland, San Antonio, and maybe Portland who are willing to go above and beyond to win a title. and what are you talking about bankruptcy for?? And you're trying to compare the Orlando Magic to the Phoenix Coyotes, are you mental?? Our owner is rich as hell!! He doesn't care how much it cost to win a title, he just spends. So get used to staying around the salary cap and making the playoffs to be knocked out in the second round by one of the big 3 in the east and losing Bosh next year and being stuck with Hedo past his prime paying him more than anyone else would...I think I'm done now!

macc
07-15-2009, 04:29 PM
This is great for a couple reasons. 1) Getting Matt Barnes would be a key piece off the bench and 2) Hopefully this shows Dwight that the Magic are willing to pay to get quality players around him so hopefully he will stay here his entire career and not bolt like Shaq did once his contract is over.

Lakers4ItAll
07-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Ahh.

Shut up already your Raptors bench isn't that good thus why it isn't that exspensive

nads83
07-15-2009, 04:47 PM
i was hoping the raptors would sign him

nads83
07-15-2009, 04:48 PM
i was banking on orlando having a weak bench but matt barnes off any bench, is a good bench

Jahari Kavi
07-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Cool

C-Howard, Gortat
PF-Lewis, Bass
SF-Barnes, Pietris
SG-Carter, Reddick
PG-Nelson, Johnson

Pretty deep.

I think Bass will probably stop....Orlando is looking really tough for next season.

b_rad23
07-15-2009, 05:01 PM
They're becoming really deep.

what54!?
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
They're becoming really deep.co-sign

Jahari Kavi
07-15-2009, 05:05 PM
folks are stupid for not going after barnes and bass....both are excellent role players.

mrblisterdundee
07-15-2009, 05:14 PM
It looks as if the Magic are stacking up the card deck as high as possible to win a championship next season.

dtmagnet
07-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Solid pickup if they get him, he's someone I wanted the Raptors to grab.

b_rad23
07-15-2009, 05:18 PM
They should go trade for Dooling now since NJ just got Alston.

That'd probably be the best bench in the league.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Shut up already your Raptors bench isn't that good thus why it isn't that exspensive

Who said the Raptors bench was better?

I said you don't have to spend 12 mil on 2 bench players and you can get a solid bench while limiting your spending.

ManRam
07-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Who said the Raptors bench was better?

I said you don't have to spend 12 mil on 2 bench players and you can get a solid bench while limiting your spending.

When you're on the court, money doesn't matter. Who cares how much our bench makes? It doesn't matter. If you have money, spend it. Who cares what it costs. If you can do it, do it. We're trying to build the best team possible. If we can get Barnes, why not get him?? We have the money, so we're spending it.

fresh prince
07-15-2009, 06:10 PM
in excess of 80 million!? That's ridiculous. I guess that's about the same as Boston and LAL though.

That Foregin Exchange Album is too sick!

"He couldn't draw a crowd with a paint brush an easel..Stay tune for the sequel and when we meet it public they'll be none of that PC ish like nice to meet you"

Classic Line...

Barnes would be yet another great pickup for the Magic....They are going to be super nice next year

theimortalone
07-15-2009, 07:08 PM
All I have to say is good luck with Mr.Inconsistent, Orlando!!!

DMOB23
07-15-2009, 07:32 PM
they Have quincy douby in the rotation not banks

ko8e24
07-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Without a question, the Orlando Magic have the deepest squad in the NBA right now. They have the most all-around talent right now. If I were to rank the East right now after their recent acquisitions and potentials (signing matt barnes and possibly resigning anthony johnson)

1. Orlando
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4-15. Who gives a *****

MrPaulD
07-15-2009, 07:50 PM

Well said imortal.

Game Logs:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=1765

Barnes can go off for 20 pts on one night playing 35 mins, and not show up the next game and score 3 pts given the same time on the court.

Overall though can't complain having a 10 ppg / 5 rpg on the bench. :eyebrow:

ManRam
07-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Well said imortal.

Game Logs:

Barnes can go off for 20 pts on one night playing 35 mins, and not show up the next game and score 3 pts given the same time on the court.

His scoring is pretty inconsistent. But I don't think scoring is what we're gonna want from him. We have scoring off the bench in Redick, Pietrus, Anderson etc...not to mention Carter and Lewis. I think his size, rebounding and defense is what we need the most. We can life with the inconsistent scoring totals...as long as he does everything else day in and day out.

ko8e24
07-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Well said imortal.

Game Logs:

different role from phoenix to orlando. phoenix needed Barnes to score cuz they didn't have that many people that could score off the bench. Most of their pts came from their starting 5 of shaq/amare/nash/hill/barbosa (half the time started and half the time came off the bench)

He will now share the scoring wealth off the bench with guys like anthony johnson, gortat, ryan anderson, redick, brandon bass, pietrus, lue. he just needs to knock down the 3 and provide energy for the bench. he is perfect for orlando and i feel they have the best chance of getting back to the finals of any team in the nba right now

tbomlad
07-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Cool

C-Howard, Gortat
PF-Lewis, Bass
SF-Barnes, Pietris
SG-Carter, Reddick
PG-Nelson, Johnson

Pretty deep.

No

PF-Bass, Anderson
SF-Lewis, Barnes
SG-Carter, Pietrus, Reddick

lou seone
07-15-2009, 08:07 PM
the heat are the no. 1 and most attractive spot that lebron could go in 2010 if he does not re-sign --let's say lebron;s team has a diappointing season,he see s that the cavaliers are an old team with no cap space and decides to join d. wade in miami(he loves hanging out in south beach)but the selling point would be that in addition to the heat trading one or two players to get more money for lebron is that pat riley coaches the team. how about a 20% of happening ---over or under what do ou think" ----i also beleive that is one of the reason's that he did not come to miami for the zo-wade summmer groove he was scheduled to attend--because of all the queations from newspapers reporters asking about the possibly of him signing with the heat in 2010-he wants to keep that possibility a secret.

STAT1
07-15-2009, 08:10 PM

They Kind of sound like we did last year huh?

king4day
07-15-2009, 08:16 PM
IMO Orlando is already the team to beat in the league with adding Carter, Bass, and Gortat's resigning. This will be overkill.
Their bench is rediculous.

king4day
07-15-2009, 08:18 PM
the heat are the no. 1 and most attractive spot that lebron could go in 2010 if he does not re-sign --let's say lebron;s team has a diappointing season,he see s that the cavaliers are an old team with no cap space and decides to join d. wade in miami(he loves hanging out in south beach)but the selling point would be that in addition to the heat trading one or two players to get more money for lebron is that pat riley coaches the team. how about a 20% of happening ---over or under what do ou think" ----i also beleive that is one of the reason's that he did not come to miami for the zo-wade summmer groove he was scheduled to attend--because of all the queations from newspapers reporters asking about the possibly of him signing with the heat in 2010-he wants to keep that possibility a secret.

So if Wade and LBJ sign together, that'll leave about 10-13 mil left to spend on the rest of the team.
There's 0 chance it happens.

MajorFloridaFan
07-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Orlando is trying to garuntee a shure fire way to return to the finals and build momentum for there stadium...Owner is a billionaire he is getting old...Solid playoff push will make this money back......and the new revenue from the stadium will be huuuuge

chicagocubsfan
07-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Wow Orlando is gonna be great this year!

MajorFloridaFan
07-15-2009, 08:27 PM
start calling us the magicians with all these tricks we are pulling off

ko8e24
07-15-2009, 08:48 PM

DRUGS!

This thread is about the Orlando Magic possibly adding Matt Barnes to their already strong roster.

WTF? :confused: Drugs are bad.....mmmmmmmkaaay???!!!

*Superman*
07-15-2009, 08:49 PM
start calling us the magicians with all these tricks we are pulling off

Lol and the top magician is Otis smith.:D

Spurred1
07-15-2009, 09:37 PM

Have you posted this in every thread even if it has nothing to do with the thread topic?

lorenz00
07-15-2009, 09:49 PM
orlando looks good but they aint winning it... turkoglu is gone possibly the second best closer of the game!

Kabowdos
07-15-2009, 09:56 PM

PG-Calderon, Jack, Ukic

Why are you bringing up the Raptors in this conversation. It has to do with Orlando signing Barnes. Raptors are nowhere near the Orlando Magic. They replaced Marion for Hedo. It is an upgrade, but not much. There bench is not that deep at all and their starting lineup is not that great.

Kabowdos
07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
If Orlando gets Barns, they will move up on many peoples' rankings including mine.

When Vince replaced Hedo it was hard to figure out if they would be better and how much would it change the chemistry of the team. Adding Vince and Barnes, and loosing Hedo is an upgrade in my book. Losing Courtney Lee wasn't good, but he is easier to replace than Hedo.

There 3-point shooting is going to off the charts.

GSW fan
07-15-2009, 10:19 PM
if this goes through and lakers dont resign odom, then i would think magic are favorites so far

ElMarroAfamado
07-15-2009, 10:20 PM
matt barnes sucks
but still
the magic aint messin around

GSW fan
07-15-2009, 10:21 PM
all the need is a backup pg now

if andre miller wants to come off the bench for a championship, orlando is where he should go

GSW fan
07-15-2009, 10:23 PM
matt barnes sucks
but still
the magic aint messin around

Matt barnes isnt the most skilled player, but he is a fighter. he brings toughness that they are missing at the perimeter.

Seoul Raider
07-15-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm saying that you don't have to spend a lot to get a solid bench.

No offense but it is stuid to spend 5 million on Bass and 7 million or Gortat when Bass and Gortat haven't even performed good a whole season.

Raps fan, seriously, if you are going to come on our board and question our signings at least get the numbers right...Bass will make 4 million, and Gortat will make 5.854 million, i.e. more than 2 million less than what you are trying to insinuate. In additon, Bass has a very good chance to start...which would make 4 million a bargain!

On a totally unrelated note, I just wanted to send a hearty "GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!" to "fresh prince" haha ;)

Jester4k0
07-15-2009, 10:42 PM
O'lando thinks that overspending will get the the job done....Ha Ha Ha--Holy crap the the Floridians are spending like they are in Canada.

Bruno
07-15-2009, 10:55 PM
When you have that many home playoff games, including three finals games, ticket sales make spending like this an option.

Bruno
07-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Why are you bringing up the Raptors in this conversation. It has to do with Orlando signing Barnes. Raptors are nowhere near the Orlando Magic. They replaced Marion for Hedo. It is an upgrade, but not much. There bench is not that deep at all and their starting lineup is not that great.

Agreed, the bench is ok, nothing to brag about.

MagicDojo
07-15-2009, 11:00 PM
orlando looks good but they aint winning it... turkoglu is gone possibly the second best closer of the game!:worthy::worthy::no::shush:

Wow dude you are friggin insane. Turk is a better closer than: Lebron, Kobe, Garnett, Pierce, Carter,Lewis,Wade, Boozer,Wallace, Bosh,Nowitzki, Roy, CP3,Duncan, Ginobli,etc, etc and 10 more at least.......? Your statement just means you watched about 5 games last decade goober.

Magic win, Magic win, Magic win!

Bishnoff
07-15-2009, 11:09 PM
I'd be starting Pietrus over Barnes.

st3voness
07-15-2009, 11:11 PM
It'd kind of be a bust of a season if the Magic don't win it all. That's a lot of pressure for a team that hasn't even proved cohesiveness yet.

Bishnoff
07-15-2009, 11:13 PM
There 3-point shooting is going to off the charts.

Barnes isn't a good 3 point shooter, he just takes a lot of shots from behind the arc. I'd much rather Pietrus or Reddick taking the shot, who shoot a much better percentage.

Ware_Spencer
07-15-2009, 11:17 PM
I'd be starting Pietrus over Barnes.

Exactly. He will start over Barnes for sure. They need there best perimeter defender on the court next to Lewis & Carter. Because we all know they are not good defenders. Pietrus will guard the best perimeter defender. He is way better at defense than Barnes.
Barnes would be a better spark off the bench. Thats where the inconsistent players can have a role. lol I like Barnes but he just is out of control sometimes and decision making isn't the best. But any team would be happy to have him off the bench.

Nelson - Johnson
Carter - Redick
Pietrus - Barnes
Lewis - Bass - Anderson
Howard - Gortat

It will all depend on match ups with who will play more. Bass & Pietrus will switch off on who plays more.If they don't need a perimeter defender than I think Bass will play much more against those teams.

IndiansFan337
07-15-2009, 11:17 PM
He would be a great addition. Pietrus & Barnes could easily replace the production of Courtney Lee, if they can stay healthy.

Orlando has a much better bench than last season with Ryan Anderson, Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass & possibly Matt Barnes coming off the bench.

Rome
07-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Barnes was a great pickup for his price last season. Had higher hopes, but wish him the best of luck. Good guy, good baller, good move if ORL can get him.

Glenfidish
07-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Cant wait until we meet..We will smoke you..:laugh:

Raps18-19 Champ
07-16-2009, 12:11 AM

Delfino, Wright, Evans, Rasho and Jack?

That seems solid.

I was comparing the amount cost for getting a deep roster. I was not comparing who was better.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Raps fan, seriously, if you are going to come on our board and question our signings at least get the numbers right...Bass will make 4 million, and Gortat will make 5.854 million, i.e. more than 2 million less than what you are trying to insinuate. In additon, Bass has a very good chance to start...which would make 4 million a bargain!

On a totally unrelated note, I just wanted to send a hearty "GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!" to "fresh prince" haha ;)

I was just doing the average.

Raph12
07-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Breaking News on the Barnes front!; Cleveland is no longer pursuing and Orlando is in a good position to acquire him and are already thinking about their next acquistion, a backup point guard
http://howardthedunk.com/2009/07/15/magic-close-with-matt-barnes-whats-next/

asandhu23
07-16-2009, 12:36 AM
seeing other teams do everything to win and warriors do nothing makes me :cry:

Ace33Bone
07-16-2009, 12:41 AM
This is a great pick up for the magic and he will fit into their 3-point shooting scheme that they have created... and he adds another good lengthy defender on the parimeter... to me this is a no brainer

Raps18-19 Champ
07-16-2009, 12:45 AM
I can't believe that Barnes is settling for less than a mil. I think he is worth atleast 2 million.

There are guys other there than make more than him and barely play. Reddick is getting 2-3 mil and he sucks compared to Barnes.

Raph12
07-16-2009, 12:58 AM
I can't believe that Barnes is settling for less than a mil. I think he is worth atleast 2 million.

There are guys other there than make more than him and barely play. Reddick is getting 2-3 mil and he sucks compared to Barnes.

Who said Matt Barnes is only offered less than 1m, I heard the Magic are using the rest of the MLE (worth 1.8m) on him. What's your source?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-16-2009, 01:04 AM
Who said Matt Barnes is only offered less than 1m, I heard the Magic are using the rest of the MLE (worth 1.8m) on him. What's your source?

I can't find it no but I saw somewhere they want to spend less than a million becuase they want to spend atleasy a million on a PG.

I'll look for it tommorow but it's off to bed for me.

zambo4president
07-16-2009, 02:21 AM
Huge signing if they seal the deal. Thats a deep team.

willthethrill22
07-16-2009, 02:35 AM
seeing other teams do everything to win and warriors do nothing makes me :cry:

its been like that for almost 20 years now.

As for Matt Barnes, he is such a great player off the bench. Shoots, rebounds, defends, hustle plays etc. Good pickup for Orlando:clap:

FaceDown91
07-16-2009, 03:28 AM
HOLY **** $80 million!? i mean barnes is talented and it's not the most overpaid offer i've seen worse, but i mean wtf? I don't barnes is good enough for that much!

RyderRyfle
07-16-2009, 03:42 AM
dis club gone be tough to beat next year.

Seoul Raider
07-16-2009, 04:30 AM
I was just doing the average.

Since when does 4 million average out to 5 million, and 5.854 million average out to 7 million?! Gaining math skills should be your next goal ;).

Raps18-19 Champ
07-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Since when does 4 million average out to 5 million, and 5.854 million average out to 7 million?! Gaining math skills should be your next goal ;).

When you divide the total money by the years.

Bass is getting $18 mil in 4 years. 18 divided by 4 is 4.5 and when you round it off, it is 5.

Gotat is getting $34 mil in 5 years. 34 divided by 5 is almost 7.

So why don't you stfu when you don't even know how much your players are getting paid on average.

PennyMy#1
07-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Getting Barnes means trouble for Redick ...

S-Dot
07-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Getting Barnes means trouble for Redick ...

and for the rest of the NBA...Otis Smith is upgrading this team

ajj22
07-16-2009, 01:23 PM
HOLY **** $80 million!? i mean barnes is talented and it's not the most overpaid offer i've seen worse, but i mean wtf? I don't barnes is good enough for that much!

where did you get $80 million from?

GoMagicFromUtah
07-16-2009, 01:44 PM
If this is true and we do get Barnes, then he is a definite upgrade for this team. I would love to see this happen, then trade Reddick for another good backup point guard. If we get Barnes, then it is trouble for Reddick, but that is not necessarily a bad thing for Orlando.

jd_azsportsfan
07-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Take it from a suns Fan who had Barnes last year he is a good player but very streaky he will have you on the verge wanting to go buy his jersy:clap: to wanting poke him in the eye really hard:cry: but he is solid NBA player. Not a bad pick up though.

GHOSTSNIPER
07-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Yawn

CityofTreez
07-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Deepest bench in the NBA w/ this addition!

I'm happier he's in orlando and out of my Pacific division w/ the Suns. magic will use him better, IMO.

Voodoo Alchemy
07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Finally the Magic are spending money and they are spending alot!! haha I love it, it is about time I see my team care about winning instead of just putting out an ok roster...If we get Barnes too, man everyone look out for these guys:clap::clap:

too bad howard missed those 2 free throws that's going to haunt him for the rest of his life. who knows what would've happened if nailed those ft's.

IversonIsKrazy
07-16-2009, 03:25 PM
aww man. I was hoping Matt Barnes would end up in TOronto.

Seoul Raider
07-16-2009, 03:27 PM
When you divide the total money by the years.

Bass is getting $18 mil in 4 years. 18 divided by 4 is 4.5 and when you round it off, it is 5.

Gotat is getting $34 mil in 5 years. 34 divided by 5 is almost 7.

So why don't you stfu when you don't even know how much your payers are getting paid on average.

Whoa, don't get your boxers in a bunch! I'm just saying, if you want to post on this board, we just want you to GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!! What counts is what is being paid now, because of the luxury tax implications. Also, most of the level-headed people on this board have been trying to get it through your head that Bass has a really good chance to START, or at least get very substantial minutes, which goes against your claim of overspending for him anyway. Let's think this out...a quality, young PF with a sweet shot and nose for rebounds...hmmm... where do I sign up?! In addition, it would have been just as easy for you to post the real numbers, if you even knew them at the time, but instead you chose to use inflated averages to try and prove you statement, which is moot to begin with! I don't know about you, but a measley half a mil. here and 2 million there could mean a lot to a team, especially with reactions to moves made. You need to stop getting all defensive and telling us to shut up in a thread about OUR OWN TEAM just because we don't agree with you...simmer down!

*Superman*
07-16-2009, 03:28 PM

Lmfoa! Hes not getting paid 80mill, that is how much we are paying for the players All together next year.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Whoa, don't get your boxers in a bunch! I'm just saying, if you want to post on this board, we just want you to GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!! What counts is what is being paid now, because of the luxury tax implications. Also, most of the level-headed people on this board have been trying to get it through your head that Bass has a really good chance to START, or at least get very substantial minutes, which goes against your claim of overspending for him anyway. Let's think this out...a quality, young PF with a sweet shot and nose for rebounds...hmmm... where do I sign up?! In addition, it would have been just as easy for you to post the real numbers, if you even knew them at the time, but instead you chose to use inflated averages to try and prove you statement, which is moot to begin with! I don't know about you, but a measley half a mil. here and 2 million there could mean a lot to a team, especially with reactions to moves made. You need to stop getting all defensive and telling us to shut up in a thread about OUR OWN TEAM just because we don't agree with you...simmer down!

I was telling you to shut up cuz you were trying to be a smart *** and telling me to learn Math when I was right and you were wrong.

MAC10TIZZY
07-16-2009, 04:22 PM
where did you get $80 million from?

please tell me you were kidding, right?

Seoul Raider
07-16-2009, 09:14 PM
I was telling you to shut up cuz you were trying to be a smart *** and telling me to learn Math when I was right and you were wrong.

Are you really this immature? What's with the name calling? This is getting pretty old man...like I said in my last post, if you focused on anything I said...you weren't right to use the averages in the way you did to try and make your point! Seriously, you obviously HAD the numbers, is it really hard to type 4.5 instead of 5? Too many key strokes? You just wanted the numbers to look bigger. In addition, your use of average for Gortat is not only misleading but pointless...why would we care what the inflated average of his 5 year deal is? He is making 5.8+ million this year, and he probably won't have more than half of his first year salary paid by us! Don't get me wrong, I love Gortat, but chances are he is trade bait with the TE at midseason. Therefore, throwing around balloned figures of a player who most likely won't be a Magic in three or four months is a MOOT POINT! So please, let's just bury the hatchet, move on to a new topic that we can discuss like adults, and stop wasting our valuable time...okay?

mavs&colts
07-16-2009, 09:49 PM
matt barnes would be a decent pickup for the Magic, i would have him come off the bench he's a ok shooter and would snag you about 5 or 6 board/game but he isn't that consistent

Tommyh1331
07-16-2009, 10:00 PM

What kind of smoke are we talking here? Cigerette, or roll me into a fatty?? And I'm not the type to meet strangers online, but I am curious to your statement..K.I.T.

RocketsFan4Life
07-16-2009, 10:06 PM
i like barnes would be a good pick up for orlando

Tommyh1331
07-16-2009, 10:10 PM
seriously this thread is awesome! ha

xxxplicit69
07-16-2009, 10:14 PM
I think this would be a good signing because matt barnes fits orlando's style of play. He shoots the 3ball really well so that's making orlando that much deeper. The eastern conference is stepping their game up now.

MajorFloridaFan
07-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Matt barnes would be great coming to orlando and that dude with the averages is way off....There is such things as a front loaded and rear loaded contract....Both bass and Gortat's contracts are escalating figures which mean an average is as useless as your math dude

D Roses Bulls
07-16-2009, 10:31 PM

what kind of crack is this kid taking? man give me some of that if it makes you that delusional

MajorFloridaFan
07-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Rofl

Warriorsforlife
07-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Cool

C-Howard, Gortat
PF-Lewis, Bass
SF-Barnes, Pietris
SG-Carter, Reddick
PG-Nelson, Johnson

Pretty deep.

you gotta start pietris over barnes anyday!!!

MajorFloridaFan
07-16-2009, 10:43 PM
^^^^^ i think shard will slide to the three and bass will start and switch to the old lineup gives us more versatility

ko8e24
07-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Nice Line-Up

PG-Nelson
SG-Carter
SF-Lewis
PF-Bass
C-Howard

Bench
PG-Johnson
SG-Barnes
SF-Pietrus
PF-Anderson
C-Gortat

Reddick
Lue

Raph12
07-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Nice Line-Up

PG-Nelson
SG-Carter
SF-Lewis
PF-Bass
C-Howard

Bench
PG-Johnson
SG-Barnes
SF-Pietrus
PF-Anderson
C-Gortat

Reddick
Lue

Yeah and their not finished yet, still looking for another backup pg (maybe Lue or another guy, I heard Carlos Arroyo a few times) and another big man, btw I think Barnes would play behind Lewis seeming as how he's bigger than Pietrus, But they're the deepest team in the NBA for sure. Damn the contenders just keep stacking. The poor get poorer and the rich just keep getting richer

MajorFloridaFan
07-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Maybe adding Theo and one of those young guys in the d-league no way that bald headed shootin self horn tootin pg arroyo comes back

d-baller23
07-16-2009, 11:59 PM
The Orlando will be the best team in the east w/ Matt Barnes, the starting lineup would be.....

Nelson/N.Robinson/Johnson
Carter/Pietrus/Redick
Lewis/Barnes
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Are you really this immature? What's with the name calling? This is getting pretty old man...like I said in my last post, if you focused on anything I said...you weren't right to use the averages in the way you did to try and make your point! Seriously, you obviously HAD the numbers, is it really hard to type 4.5 instead of 5? Too many key strokes? You just wanted the numbers to look bigger. In addition, your use of average for Gortat is not only misleading but pointless...why would we care what the inflated average of his 5 year deal is? He is making 5.8+ million this year, and he probably won't have more than half of his first year salary paid by us! Don't get me wrong, I love Gortat, but chances are he is trade bait with the TE at midseason. Therefore, throwing around balloned figures of a player who most likely won't be a Magic in three or four months is a MOOT POINT! So please, let's just bury the hatchet, move on to a new topic that we can discuss like adults, and stop wasting our valuable time...okay?

Your the one that wasted my time in the first place. You try to insult me with your comment and you were the one that was wrong. And you still can't even admit you were wrong and your going to bring in all this stuff.

And I never had the numbers. I searched it up after your first post just to prove you wrong.

How am I not right to use "inflated" numbers? My point was that they are still overpaid.

And so who cares if I put 5 instead of 4.5? You know I rounded it off. Is it really that bad to round off that your going to call me out on it.

And I never said you had to care about Gortat's average pay. I was just saying he is overpaid.

And so what if I made the number bigger by 1 million. They are still getting paid 5 mil and 7 mil to be a backup.

And who would actually take on Gortat's contract? I'd rather take Darko that him. No one in the league is stupid enough to take on his contract because most would know that he is just a one time wonder.

Seoul Raider
07-17-2009, 01:50 AM
Oh, where to start...

Your the one that wasted my time in the first place. You try to insult me with your comment (So sorry your little feelings were hurt by a MATH reference) and you were the one that was wrong. And you still can't even admit you were wrong and your going to bring in all this stuff (Why would I admit something that isn't true?).

And I never had the numbers. I searched it up after your first post just to prove you wrong. (I stand corrected...I gave you too much credit for actually RESEARCHING before posting, I appologize).

How am I not right to use "inflated" numbers? My point was that they are still overpaid. (Here, you just proved my point that you were wrongly inflating numbers just to try and hold up a crumbling claim about benches).

And so who cares if I put 5 instead of 4.5? You know I rounded it off. Is it really that bad to round off that your going to call me out on it. (When it is almost half a vet's contract...YES).

And I never said you had to care about Gortat's average pay. I was just saying he is overpaid.

And so what if I made the number bigger by 1 million. They are still getting paid 5 mil and 7 mil to be a backup. (It was actually over 2 million, and wrong on both points yet again).

And who would actually take on Gortat's contract? (I believe the Mavs would if they had a chance ;) ). I'd rather take Darko that him. (This...is just sad). No one in the league is stupid enough to take on his contract because most would know that he is just a one time wonder. (Hmm...Dallas, Houston, multiple team and media sources calling him an up and comer...yeah, just a one hit wonder).

Now, if this is not enough, thank you Major Florida Fan for also trying to get the obvious into this person's head:

"Matt barnes would be great coming to orlando and that dude with the averages is way off....There is such things as a front loaded and rear loaded contract....Both bass and Gortat's contracts are escalating figures which mean an average is as useless as your math dude" (post 128)

Yes, averages are rather useless, aren't they? Be careful, however, because he is sensitive to references about his math skills ;).

Now...can we get back to the topic? I think that Barnes would be the perfect piece to add to this team. I really hope that the reports are true, because if they are then I believe this team can really win the Finals. No matter what, I think our team's front office has had an unbelievably great offseason so far, and I can't wait for the Magic to tip off this coming season!

Raph12
07-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Your the one that wasted my time in the first place. You try to insult me with your comment and you were the one that was wrong. And you still can't even admit you were wrong and your going to bring in all this stuff.

And I never had the numbers. I searched it up after your first post just to prove you wrong.

How am I not right to use "inflated" numbers? My point was that they are still overpaid.

And so who cares if I put 5 instead of 4.5? You know I rounded it off. Is it really that bad to round off that your going to call me out on it.

And so what if I made the number bigger by 1 million. They are still getting paid 5 mil and 7 mil to be a backup.

And who would actually take on Gortat's contract? I'd rather take Darko that him. No one in the league is stupid enough to take on his contract because most would know that he is just a one time wonder.

Uhhhh 1st of all the contract was Dallas' offer, which Orlando matched so there is a team who would take on his contract not to mention Houston is still looking for a center, 2nd if Orlando can afford it how much their bench is paid is irrelevant. And finally, OMG HOW ARE YOU STILL TALKING ABOUT THE BENCH BEING OVERPAID! THIS IS THE ORLANDO MAGIC AND NOT THE TORONTO RAPTORS PAYROLL, THEY DON'T CARE WHO THEY OVERPAY, UNLIKE TORONTO, THEY WILL DO/SPEND WHAT IT TAKES TO PUT THE BEST TEAM THEY CAN TOGETHER AND MOVE FORWARD! THIS IS NOT YOUR TORONTO RAPTORS SO STOP SWEATING IT AND JUST LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boozerguy47
07-17-2009, 02:05 AM
Cool

C-Howard, Gortat
PF-Lewis, Bass
SF-Barnes, Pietris
SG-Carter, Reddick
PG-Nelson, Johnson

Pretty deep.

Did they resign Gortat? I remember he was a free agent...

But yeah, this would be a great addition for the Magic. I think it'd have to make Orlando be number one in the East.

Raph12
07-17-2009, 02:19 AM
BREAKING NEWS on the Barnes' front: Jared Dudley, Barne's teammate in Phoenix last season, tweets that Barnes will be in either Cleveland or Atlanta next season. No idea of how reliable he is because according to Cleveland beat writer Brian Windhorst, though there has been contact, Cavs are not talking contract with M. Barnes right now and Hoopshype has been reporting that Aaron Goodwin (Barnes' agent [also Dwight Howard's agent]) and the Magic have been in contact throughout the week and that the two appear to be close on a deal. There was no talk about the Cavaliers or the Hawks.

http://howardthedunk.com/2009/07/17/jared-dudley-nba-insider/

ko8e24
07-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Did they resign Gortat? I remember he was a free agent...

But yeah, this would be a great addition for the Magic. I think it'd have to make Orlando be number one in the East.

Gortat was a restricted free agent. He signed an offer sheet with Dallas. A week later, Orlando matched the offer sheet, thus automatically keeping Gortat.

ko8e24
07-17-2009, 02:25 AM
Maybe adding Theo and one of those young guys in the d-league no way that bald headed shootin self horn tootin pg arroyo comes back

lol

kriviant
07-17-2009, 02:51 AM
holy crap, how much money does orlando have?! nice flamefest at the top of the page btw.

Public Enemy #1
07-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Matt Barnes was great with the Warriors back in 07, I haven't seen him play the same way since those 2007 playoffs. I wish him the best of luck and hope he finds consistent minutes if he does sign with the Magic.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Oh, where to start...

Now, if this is not enough, thank you Major Florida Fan for also trying to get the obvious into this person's head:

"Matt barnes would be great coming to orlando and that dude with the averages is way off....There is such things as a front loaded and rear loaded contract....Both bass and Gortat's contracts are escalating figures which mean an average is as useless as your math dude" (post 128)

Yes, averages are rather useless, aren't they? Be careful, however, because he is sensitive to references about his math skills ;).

Now...can we get back to the topic? I think that Barnes would be the perfect piece to add to this team. I really hope that the reports are true, because if they are then I believe this team can really win the Finals. No matter what, I think our team's front office has had an unbelievably great offseason so far, and I can't wait for the Magic to tip off this coming season!

How were you not wrong? I was doing the average and you try to correct me. Even though I was right about the average, you still can't even admit you were wrong trying to corrrect me when you dont even know what I was doing. I said 5 and 7 and you try to say how the average for each pay of the contract is 4.5 and 5.8 .And after I proved you wrong after that I showed the mthod for calculations, you try to get at me another way.

And what dip**** calls someone out because they round off a number?

There you go being a smart*** again. I got mad at you cuz you try to insult me when you were wrong. Go talk about me if I'm wrong but I was right about my calculations. I was doing the average and you were wrong. You dont have to care about the "inflated" numbers but don't try to correct me when you don't even know what I was doing and try to talk **** about me.

Okay lets put it this way like you want. He is getting paid 5.8 mil in the first year. He is going to get paid close to 9 mil near the end of the contract. Its still overpaid.

Showing the average or not, they are still overpaid.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Uhhhh 1st of all the contract was Dallas' offer, which Orlando matched so there is a team who would take on his contract not to mention Houston is still looking for a center, 2nd if Orlando can afford it how much their bench is paid is irrelevant. And finally, OMG HOW ARE YOU STILL TALKING ABOUT THE BENCH BEING OVERPAID! THIS IS THE ORLANDO MAGIC AND NOT THE TORONTO RAPTORS PAYROLL, THEY DON'T CARE WHO THEY OVERPAY, UNLIKE TORONTO, THEY WILL DO/SPEND WHAT IT TAKES TO PUT THE BEST TEAM THEY CAN TOGETHER AND MOVE FORWARD! THIS IS NOT YOUR TORONTO RAPTORS SO STOP SWEATING IT AND JUST LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did the Raptors come back?

I don't care if the Magic has a big payroll. I am complaining because people are getting lay off around the world and this guy gets 34 million to sit on the bench and play for 12 mins. When I complain about him being overpaid, I am comparing him to normal hard working civilians who work their ***** off. By all means use 34 million but when all that goes to a guy that sits around when people around the world struggle to pay their bill, I start to complain.

Seoul Raider
07-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Raps fan, seriously, this has to stop or no kids are gonna wanna play with you in the sandbox. Looking at your last post, I finally see where the problem has been (on your end). I did accidentally use 5.8 million as an "average" because I had the "midlevel exception every year thing" stuck in my head and posted quickly, whoops on my part, I will be the better woman here and admit that. However, you NEED to realize man, that no one is taking you seriously anyway, no matter what, because you are using the same tired name calling, while trying to say the same ridiculous things about averages when THEY DON'T MATTER, especially with Gortat's contract. In addition, your comments about no one wanting Gortat or his contract ARE WRONG, not to mention your constant relegation of these players to the bench! Bass will get a lot of minutes, probably even starter minutes...yes, Gortat is behind Howard, but chances are he will play beside him at PF against some teams as well. There have been multiple people on this forum who have tried to make these points to you, please just let all of this "overpaid bench" thing go and let's all start talking intelligently about basketball; hopefully in another thread because this is seriously getting boring.

RadiantShot
07-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Glad to hear that he might be signing on the squad. He looks kind of like a Grant Hill/Kevin Martin Player but with more intensity...Just still needs some work, but yes, great addition to the bench. Unless he starts...O.o, but I doubt that's what'll happen.

Raph12
07-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Dude he's an NBA player, of course he's overpaid, they all are. They get millions of dollars to workout and play basketball, now its hard no doubt but VERY overpaid, so if your complaining about people being overpaid than complain about the whole media industry because everyone involved in the media is overpaid. Maybe you should go talk to Barrack Obama and stop bringing this bs to psd because this forum is about sports not the economy

Raps18-19 Champ
07-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Raps fan, seriously, this has to stop or no kids are gonna wanna play with you in the sandbox. Looking at your last post, I finally see where the problem has been (on your end). I did accidentally use 5.8 million as an "average" because I had the "midlevel exception every year thing" stuck in my head and posted quickly, whoops on my part, I will be the better woman here and admit that. However, you NEED to realize man, that no one is taking you seriously anyway, no matter what, because you are using the same tired name calling, while trying to say the same ridiculous things about averages when THEY DON'T MATTER, especially with Gortat's contract. In addition, your comments about no one wanting Gortat or his contract ARE WRONG, not to mention your constant relegation of these players to the bench! Bass will get a lot of minutes, probably even starter minutes...yes, Gortat is behind Howard, but chances are he will play beside him at PF against some teams as well. There have been multiple people on this forum who have tried to make these points to you, please just let all of this "overpaid bench" thing go and let's all start talking intelligently about basketball; hopefully in another thread because this is seriously getting boring.

All I really wanted in the beginning.