PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on David West, is he good enough of a 2nd option

JordansBulls
07-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Thoughts on David West:

Averaged 20.6 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 2.3 apg, 0.8 spg, 1.3 bpg on 48% FG in 2007-2008 with PER 19.9

Averaged 21.0 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2.3 apg, 0.6 spg, 0.9 bpg on 47% FG in 2008-2009 with PER 18.9

Is he a good enough of a 2nd option for a star player?

Kakaroach
07-15-2009, 11:44 AM
West is good enough to be a legit second option. Its everyone else around Paul and West that couldn't do anything last year. The guy is a 2-time all-star.

Hellcrooner
07-15-2009, 11:55 AM
no he isnt his stats looks good because of paul assits.

if he went to a team with an ok point guard and a star that takes many shoots like lebron, kobe, wade etc his stats would go down to maybe 14 or 15 ppg.

could be a good third option odom style.

vick27m
07-15-2009, 11:55 AM
yes he is good enough that team revolves around cp3 and west

Storch
07-15-2009, 12:05 PM
I dont think he's all that good. He's just the 2nd best player in a team of nobodies.

Chronz
07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Depends on who you compare him to, if you compare him to Pau then **** no hes not. If you compare him to Mo Williams then yes he is.

Chronz
07-15-2009, 12:08 PM
no he isnt his stats looks good because of paul assits.

if he went to a team with an ok point guard and a star that takes many shoots like lebron, kobe, wade etc his stats would go down to maybe 14 or 15 ppg.

could be a good third option odom style.

Have you ever looked up Wests stats without Paul on the court?

SpeeMN
07-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Any team that wants to compete must have two or three 2nd options. West is a legit number 2 but there needs to be another legit number 2 for the team to go further.

North Yorker
07-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Yes he is without question. That team needs a legit wing threat and to keep Chandler. It also needs better depth but thats not West's fault.

Method28
07-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Uh oh here we go....David West is the worst "all-star" that i can currently think of. The man can't play defense for **** and they way he attacks on the offensive side is laughable. Paul will drive and kick it out to West for an open jumper....West then proceeds to pump fake 3 times until someone gets in his face.

The Hornets need someone like Dirk (will not hesistate to knock down a shot from anywhere on the floor), Amare (Is very aggressive goes strong to the hole, he would find a lot of easy dunks playing with Paul), or Granger (can shoot lights out and i picked him because i could see him leaving the Pacers)

ManRam
07-15-2009, 12:40 PM
He's a fringe #2 option. I really think he is a huge product of CP3. He is a great player, but they wont win anything if they don't have another player better than West. He's better than some #2 options, but not good enough to beat any of the contebders. They need a bonafide wing scorer.

SB75
07-15-2009, 12:47 PM
He's good enogh to be the second bannana.

DerekRE_3
07-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Have you ever looked up Wests stats without Paul on the court?

Of course he hasn't.

danidin
07-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Sure he can be the 2nd option.

In the last 2 years he was great. The problem is the rollplayers that the hornets have.

IMO, if the hornets had somebody like Salmons as SG, and Prince in SF, with CP3, West as 2nd option, TC healty, and some good banch players, they are contenders.

dynastyredsox29
07-15-2009, 01:49 PM
pretty good scorer

tland22
07-15-2009, 02:10 PM
yea, he is a solid second option, but that is it...just solid. HIS PROBLEM IS THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO CREATE HIS OWN SHOT....CP3 does it for him.

The Hornets have no talented wing players....they are DESPERATE to have a solid wing player, who can shoot and slash, and create his own shot.

jmac9mac9
07-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Get something for him now while is value is still somewhat high. Trade him to a team that wants to take a shot with him.

Hustla23
07-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Yes, he is. Not a great one, but a legitimate second option nonetheless.

Chronz
07-15-2009, 02:25 PM
yea, he is a solid second option, but that is it...just solid. HIS PROBLEM IS THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO CREATE HIS OWN SHOT....CP3 does it for him.

The Hornets have no talented wing players....they are DESPERATE to have a solid wing player, who can shoot and slash, and create his own shot.

West creates just as many openings for CP3 as he does for him, ok maybe not just as much, but you underselling West's abilities, and over selling CP3's. No player transforms a player. West is exactly the kind of PF you want around CP3, he just needs a Richard Jefferson type SF, or Ray Allen type sniper.

tland22
07-15-2009, 02:28 PM
No man, he doesnt create his own shots. bt yea, he does need wing players. I like D WEST, I love him, but the Hornets need a wing player to be the official second option. Like Rich jeff or Rip Hamilton etc...then West would be a SUPERB 3rd option.

Chronz
07-15-2009, 02:29 PM
No man, he doesnt create his own shots..
You totally misunderstood the point of my post if thats all you got from that. No player tranforms any player, with or without CP3, West would be West.

Hustla23
07-15-2009, 02:31 PM
You totally misunderstood the point of my post if thats all you got from that. No player tranforms any player, with or without CP3, West would be West.
Well, I like to think that a great amount of West's opportunities are created by Paul.

West has no post game to speak of. Not the kind of quality you want in your #2 option that is a Power Forward.

dwadefan03
07-15-2009, 02:37 PM
i think hes a legit second option. and no hes not just a product of chris paul. tyson chandler is a product of chris paul. david west can go one on one with a lot of pfs in the league. he puts up 20 sumthin pts along with 9 reb ,2 assists, and block all while shooting 47-48 percent. thats pretty nice. i gues paul shoots rebounds and blocks for david west huh?

ridiculous.

Unec
07-15-2009, 02:40 PM
yes he is good enough, he can hit the 15 footer and bangs in the post!! he is a legit 2nd option and legit power forward. With that being said though i got into an arguement about him and al jefferson and i think Jefferson is better

dwadefan03
07-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, I like to think that a great amount of West's opportunities are created by Paul.

West has no post game to speak of. Not the kind of quality you want in your #2 option that is a Power Forward.

ur kidding right. you dont avg 20 pts by getting fed assists. he has to have some post moves if he goes up against great pfs every nite and avgs that much

tland22
07-15-2009, 02:49 PM

never once did I ever say that a player transforms another player. never. i didnt even hint at that. West does not create his own shot. West is a great shooter with or without CP3, I agree, but it is a TREMENDOUS help to have CP3 driving, bringing defensive help towards him to leave WEST open for the shot.

tland22
07-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Yea West has a post game, he has some damn good moves actually....his problem is that HE SETTLES for that jumper too often. he shoots it at an amazing clip though 47-48%...but he could be even more effective if he didnt just "SETTLE" for the jumper, because he is a master at put-backs and a solid player deep down low...he just has trouble taking people off the dribble and getting it that low in the post. He'd rather clear the lane and wait at top of the key or the elbows to get that feed from chris paul. hed be much more effective if he took it to the rack more often.

Chronz
07-15-2009, 02:54 PM
It seems that way because West's role is that of an outlet option. These players roam and find the open areas and almost all of their offense is assisted on. KG played this role to perfection to make room for the C's slashers (Rondo/Pierce), Duncan is doing more and more of it for TP. Dirk in the past.

And without West being a legitimate threat from that spot, CP3 doesnt find as many creases in the defense. You cant downtalk West for a job that makes his best players life easier.

Among Bigmen only Dirk averaged more PPG on jumpers, around him are players like Bosh, KG, Amare, Aldridge. His assisting% compared to them reveals what we should already know....

Assisted% on JumpShots
West: 62%
Bosh: 52%
Garnet: 70%
Aldridge: 60%
Amare: 57%

.. Yes he gets assisted on a ton more than say Bosh, even Amare with Nash and Shaq freeing him up was only assisted on 57%, but there are players who do that to make room for other offensive options, and none of these guys would completely fall off without the players responsible for them getting those open looks.

And believe me these #'s translate so long as they play that role, even back in KG's top seasons he was regularly assisted on his jumpshots, hes just perfecting the craft now. In other words West would still be West with or without CP3.

Its the same line of reasoning that prevents me from thinking Hedo was some invaluable playmaker. Outlet players are just as efficient if they are catching a pass from VC or Hedo, they just have to get open.

Saying he has no post game is going to far, but the point is that he wouldnt change if he didnt have CP3 around him. His offense would still constitute of the same looks, sure he might have it alittle harder, but he wouldnt become a scrub or even decline as much as the spaniard suggested.

If you were to break down and compile all of their possessions without one another on the court, youd find the difference in production/efficiency is rather small. The influence is stronger from CP3 obviously, but West is no slouch.

Chronz
07-15-2009, 02:57 PM
never once did I ever say that a player transforms another player. never. i didnt even hint at that. West does not create his own shot. West is a great shooter with or without CP3, I agree, but it is a TREMENDOUS help to have CP3 driving, bringing defensive help towards him to leave WEST open for the shot.
You didnt use the word itself, but just look at the emphasis of your post. TREMENDOUS, when in reality its more like marginal at best. Your essentially displaying the same characteristics that the people who claimed West would fall apart without CP3 are showing. Its no more tremendous than West helping out CP3's game.

tland22
07-15-2009, 03:02 PM
it seems that way because west's role is that of an outlet option. These players roam and find the open areas and almost all of their offense is assisted on. Kg played this role to perfection to make room for the c's slashers (rondo/pierce), duncan is doing more and more of it for tp. Dirk in the past.

And without west being a legitimate threat from that spot, cp3 doesnt find as many creases in the defense. You cant downtalk west for a job that makes his best players life easier.

Among bigmen only dirk averaged more ppg on jumpers, around him are players like bosh, kg, amare, aldridge. His assisting% compared to them reveals what we should already know....

assisted% on jumpshots
west: 62%
bosh: 52%
garnet: 70%
aldridge: 60%
amare: 57%

.. Yes he gets assisted on a ton more than say bosh, even amare with nash and shaq freeing him up was only assisted on 57%, but there are players who do that to make room for other offensive options, and none of these guys would completely fall off without the players responsible for them getting those open looks.

And believe me these #'s translate so long as they play that role, even back in kg's top seasons he was regularly assisted on his jumpshots, hes just perfecting the craft now. In other words west would still be west with or without cp3.

Its the same line of reasoning that prevents me from thinking hedo was some invaluable playmaker. Outlet players are just as efficient if they are catching a pass from vc or hedo, they just have to get open.

Saying he has no post game is going to far, but the point is that he wouldnt change if he didnt have cp3 around him. His offense would still constitute of the same looks, sure he might have it alittle harder, but he wouldnt become a scrub or even decline as much as the spaniard suggested.

If you were to break down and compile all of their possessions without one another on the court, youd find the difference in production/efficiency is rather small. The influence is stronger from cp3 obviously, but west is no slouch.

damn good post

ko8e24
07-15-2009, 03:04 PM
he be a good 3rd option. to me, he very 1-dimensional

tland22
07-15-2009, 03:08 PM
he'd be a phenomenal 3rd option...and he gets his rebounds considering his role and how often he plays outside the paint

Hustla23
07-15-2009, 03:11 PM
ur kidding right. you dont avg 20 pts by getting fed assists. he has to have some post moves if he goes up against great pfs every nite and avgs that much
He doesn't bang.

What tland said. His offense is based on jumpshots off the pick and pop with CP3, pick and roll, and he has a good midrange game.

He's no Tim Duncan or Pao Gasol in the post.

Hustla23
07-15-2009, 03:14 PM
It seems that way because West's role is that of an outlet option. These players roam and find the open areas and almost all of their offense is assisted on. KG played this role to perfection to make room for the C's slashers (Rondo/Pierce), Duncan is doing more and more of it for TP. Dirk in the past.

And without West being a legitimate threat from that spot, CP3 doesnt find as many creases in the defense. You cant downtalk West for a job that makes his best players life easier.

Among Bigmen only Dirk averaged more PPG on jumpers, around him are players like Bosh, KG, Amare, Aldridge. His assisting% compared to them reveals what we should already know....

Assisted% on JumpShots
West: 62%
Bosh: 52%
Garnet: 70%
Aldridge: 60%
Amare: 57%

.. Yes he gets assisted on a ton more than say Bosh, even Amare with Nash and Shaq freeing him up was only assisted on 57%, but there are players who do that to make room for other offensive options, and none of these guys would completely fall off without the players responsible for them getting those open looks.

And believe me these #'s translate so long as they play that role, even back in KG's top seasons he was regularly assisted on his jumpshots, hes just perfecting the craft now. In other words West would still be West with or without CP3.

Its the same line of reasoning that prevents me from thinking Hedo was some invaluable playmaker. Outlet players are just as efficient if they are catching a pass from VC or Hedo, they just have to get open.

Saying he has no post game is going to far, but the point is that he wouldnt change if he didnt have CP3 around him. His offense would still constitute of the same looks, sure he might have it alittle harder, but he wouldnt become a scrub or even decline as much as the spaniard suggested.

If you were to break down and compile all of their possessions without one another on the court, youd find the difference in production/efficiency is rather small. The influence is stronger from CP3 obviously, but West is no slouch.
Nice post.

But all this really says is that West is a good shooter and a good player of the pick and pop/roll.

CP3 essentially gets him the ball like your stats prove. If a point guard who was less efficient in passing was playing alongside West, his chances of scoring would decrease.

You rarely see West bang or take players one on one.

I'm not arguing that West isn't a #2 because he clearly is, but it's pretty easy to see that he doesn't create his own shot but rather feeds off of Chris Paul.

Chronz
07-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Nice post.

But all this really says is that West is a good shooter and a good player of the pick and pop/roll.

CP3 essentially gets him the ball like your stats prove. If a point guard who was less efficient in passing was playing alongside West, his chances of scoring would decrease.

I'm not arguing that West isn't a #2 because he clearly is, but it's pretty easy to see that he doesn't create his own shot but rather feeds off of Chris Paul.
CP3 can essentially be replaced by an incompetent PG like Sebastian Telfair, and West would still get his. He wouldnt be the best he could be, but neither would CP3 be if you replaced West's contribution with Kwame Brown.

You rarely see West do that because its not his game. He would still flare open for jumpers and he would still get them. My post isnt about saying CP3 doesnt help Wests game, read my earlier posts for reference.

Hustla23
07-15-2009, 03:32 PM
CP3 can essentially be replaced by an incompetent PG like Sebastian Telfair, and West would still get his. He wouldnt be the best he could be, but neither would CP3 be if you replaced West's contribution with Kwame Brown.

You rarely see West do that because its not his game. He would still flare open for jumpers and he would still get them. My post isnt about saying CP3 doesnt help Wests game, read my earlier posts for reference.
Ahh, I missed the earlier posts.

I thought you were trying to argue that West was good at creating his own shot because that's what the other guy was talking about. lol

Nvm then, I agree with you :)

Hellcrooner
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
ok

now tell me.
imagin every gm out there went crazy and liked to trade west straight up for their Pf.

Paul and Dirk

Paul and Td

Paul and KG

Paul and Pau

Paul and Bosh

Paul and BOozer

Paul and Jeffersson

paul and Stou.

Paul and Aldrige

will ALL of that combinations lead Hornets Further in the playoffs?

end of discussion.

and that without counting paul and some other player in other position like granger or anthony or roy or whatever

masalex1205
07-15-2009, 05:12 PM
chandler for josh howard??

just throwing **** against the wall

Chronz
07-15-2009, 05:15 PM
chandler for josh howard??

just throwing **** against the wall

Sounds good on both sides to me

mrblisterdundee
07-15-2009, 05:21 PM
David West is good enough to be one of two equal second options. It's because he depends so much on Chris Paul. Paul needs someone else who can score just as well as West. Peja is a little too old now.

Kabowdos
07-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Thoughts on David West:

Averaged 20.6 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 2.3 apg, 0.8 spg, 1.3 bpg on 48% FG in 2007-2008 with PER 19.9

Averaged 21.0 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2.3 apg, 0.6 spg, 0.9 bpg on 47% FG in 2008-2009 with PER 18.9

Is he a good enough of a 2nd option for a star player?

No question about it. The guy puts up number like Gasol, KG, Bosh, and Amare. He is a great player IMO.

Kabowdos
07-15-2009, 10:06 PM
He doesn't bang.

What tland said. His offense is based on jumpshots off the pick and pop with CP3, pick and roll, and he has a good midrange game.

He's no Tim Duncan or Pao Gasol in the post.

Everyone knows he is no Tim Duncan or KG. Those are Legends. Gasol is not a first-option on team. You saw that with Memphis, they were the worst team in the league for how long? Gasol is a great second option.

For a number two option though? I think he is great. He is not the best, but he is good enough.

Kabowdos
07-15-2009, 10:09 PM
ok

now tell me.
imagin every gm out there went crazy and liked to trade west straight up for their Pf.

Paul and Dirk

Paul and Td

Paul and KG

Paul and Pau

Paul and Bosh

Paul and BOozer

Paul and Jeffersson

paul and Stou.

Paul and Aldrige

will ALL of that combinations lead Hornets Further in the playoffs?

end of discussion.

and that without counting paul and some other player in other position like granger or anthony or roy or whatever

Most of the guys you mentioned are first option guys not second. Why would any GM trade a first option guy for a second? Boozer and Aldridge aren't as good as West. End of your post.

NYMetros
07-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Absolutely he is good enough to be a #2 player on his team. I think he is right on the cusp of being a top 5 PF in the NBA, but is probably at 6 or 7 right now. He is a knockdown shooter from outside and a good defender.

Kabowdos
07-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Nice post.

Gasol doesn't bang. Amare doesn't bang on the board, he dunks all over people, but his defense is not that great, he averages under 10 a game. He doesn't have to be a banger to still be a great player.

Spurred1
07-15-2009, 10:16 PM
West is a fine second option. The rest of the Hornets just don't cut it. Chandler had some injury issues this past season and in the playoffs, so it seems like West/Paul had to do a majority of the work.

Hellcrooner, what is your problem with West? I remember you complaining about him last year.

Kabowdos
07-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Hellcrooner read my post on the previous page, it may help you open your eyes a little bit.

Hellcrooner
07-15-2009, 10:27 PM
West is a fine second option. The rest of the Hornets just don't cut it. Chandler had some injury issues this past season and in the playoffs, so it seems like West/Paul had to do a majority of the work.

Hellcrooner, what is your problem with West? I remember you complaining about him last year.

you mean the year that dude made the allstar over a dude that after being traded to a new team added the impulse to get them to the finals and wining it all a year after?

a lot of people were talking crap about west being better than that guy wich was absolutley RIDICULOUS .

oh of course i got called a homer because all of that.

anyway its my honest opinion west is NOT a second option guy on a contender.

randoolphs numbers would skyrocket with paul passing the bal to him

Hellcrooner
07-15-2009, 10:29 PM
oh yeah i wonder if west would have led those memphis teanms to the playoffs...

cowboyz180
07-15-2009, 10:30 PM
he can be a number 2 but not a number 1

Bruno
07-15-2009, 10:49 PM
He's a good enough low post scorer; his problem is the same as Carlos Boozers. They just aren't tall enough to have a defensive effect on the elite power forwards in the NBA (Duncan, KG, Dirk, Gasol, even Bosh). 6'9 at power foward just doesn't cut it when there are so many 6'11, 7 foot PF's.

Sports Illustrator
07-16-2009, 12:49 AM
With Chris Paul aside of him, he is definitely a very good 2nd option for a star player. I couldn't say the same if he wasn't playing with Chris Paul though. That would be something that I would need to see in order to be able to answer that question. A lot of his scoring comes from the passes of Chris Paul, as well as his FG percentage, but the rest came from his own hard work. The rebounding, strength and understanding of how to play the game under Scott's system all came from his own hard work.

JordansBulls
07-16-2009, 08:28 AM
He's a good enough low post scorer; his problem is the same as Carlos Boozers. They just aren't tall enough to have a defensive effect on the elite power forwards in the NBA (Duncan, KG, Dirk, Gasol, even Bosh). 6'9 at power foward just doesn't cut it when there are so many 6'11, 7 foot PF's.

But he is more lanky than Boozer.

Brooklyn Mets
07-16-2009, 09:12 AM
it depends what team he is on..
right now in his situation he is def second on his team after cp3..
but on a team like the lakers, celtics, magic, etc. (elite teams) he is the third option at best..

S-Dot
07-16-2009, 09:18 AM
it depends what team he is on..
right now in his situation he is def second on his team after cp3..
but on a team like the lakers, celtics, magic, etc. (elite teams) he is the third option at best..

well said...the hornets will not win a title if he is their second option; they need another scorer

Sportfan
07-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Nope cp3 made West, he wouldnt be all star material if he didnt have paul

JordansBulls
07-16-2009, 05:12 PM

I agree that he had a big impact on West's game.

Joshtd1
07-16-2009, 05:44 PM

Disagree. I hardly see West in the post. It seems he is either scoring off a pick and pop, or hell catch the ball, and pump fake, and get into the lane.

If by chance he does get into the lane, he just tries to over power the guy guarding him...which isnt always going to work. Dont really think he has many moves either.

mavwar53
07-16-2009, 05:54 PM
I dont think he's all that good. He's just the 2nd best player in a team of nobodies.

Paul is that good to carry his team to the best record in the west 2 years ago, with nobodies on his team??????? Think before you make a dumb comment like this.

Vinny642
07-16-2009, 06:51 PM
West can be a 2nd option with the right first option(CP3) but they Hornets would be hella alot better if we got a 2nd option that can create his own shots and West would be a Great 3rd option. Im saying he can play as a 2nd option but him as the third option would be so much better.

Catfish1314
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
He reminds me a lot of Shareef Abdur-Rahim. He's a very good face-up post player, but fairly limited in what he can do with his back to the basket. He's not exceptionally strong and he doesn't have a broad arsenal of post up moves, but he's a great pick and pop spot up shooter and I see him hit a few sweet baseline jumpshots every time I see him play too.

Is he a product of CP3? Somewhat. But Paul didn't teach him how to shoot, or hit fadeways, or the occassional baby hook. I think he's a decent 2nd option and a great 3rd option.

JordansBulls
07-16-2009, 07:29 PM
He reminds me a lot of Shareef Abdur-Rahim. He's a very good face-up post player, but fairly limited in what he can do with his back to the basket. He's not exceptionally strong and he doesn't have a broad arsenal of post up moves, but he's a great pick and pop spot up shooter and I see him hit a few sweet baseline jumpshots every time I see him play too.

Is he a product of CP3? Somewhat. But Paul didn't teach him how to shoot, or hit fadeways, or the occassional baby hook. I think he's a decent 2nd option and a great 3rd option.

Shareef is a good example.

Jays Claw
07-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Maybe a third option.

OA SLAY
07-16-2009, 07:44 PM
He would be a great 2nd option for a kobe or Yao or Wade but not when Paul is your 1st option he needs a consistant Scorer

dtmagnet
07-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Product of Chris Paul IMO.

Vinny642
07-16-2009, 08:36 PM
I wouldnt call him a product of Paul, now Chandler, yea Chandler is but West is good without Paul but Paul just helped him along.

Westbrook36
07-16-2009, 08:37 PM

Whatever you had planned to say went right out the window? David West can't create his shot? Do you even watch him?

RocketsFan4Life
07-16-2009, 08:38 PM
I think he is good enough to be a second option and also could be a first option when his teammates aren't hitting their shots

Westbrook36
07-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Product of Chris Paul IMO.

How? You havent seen his numbers with Chris Paul off the court. It's easy to simply say that he's a product of Paul.

Westbrook36
07-16-2009, 08:41 PM

Phil Jackson made Kobe then?

Vinny642
07-16-2009, 08:45 PM
How? You havent seen his numbers with Chris Paul off the court. It's easy to simply say that he's a product of Paul.

When CP was hurt and we had West in, West did actually pretty good.

Bruno
07-18-2009, 04:13 AM
Disagree. I hardly see West in the post. It seems he is either scoring off a pick and pop, or hell catch the ball, and pump fake, and get into the lane.

If by chance he does get into the lane, he just tries to over power the guy guarding him...which isnt always going to work. Dont really think he has many moves either.

Alright, he still gets his points in and around the hoop; but not a premiere back to the basket 4. Then again Paul is most effective with the pick and roll, and West is his man for that. Their offensive is about maximizing Paul, not West.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
07-18-2009, 04:42 AM
yes he is hes a solid scorer helps having CP3 passing it to you ;)

tland22
07-18-2009, 06:45 PM
He would be a great 2nd option for a kobe or Yao or Wade but not when Paul is your 1st option he needs a consistant Scorer

What are you going on about? Paul is a consistent scorer....23PPG last year! Wake up dude...that is not a sloutch. There is a reason he is top 5 player in the league...not just for his D and passing skills.