DARREN COLLISON
PG - 6'0 - 160lbs
avg. - 21pts - 6.4 ast. - 5.3 reb - 1.8 steals per game
Compared to TONY PARKER - Signature move - "The Tear Drop shot"

MARCUS THORNTON
SG - 6'4 - 194lbs
avg. - 20.5pts - 1.2 ast - 6.3 rebs 1.8 steals per game
Compared to DWAYNE WADE - Signature move - "The Step Back Shot"

The NEW ORLEANS HORNETS have the best backcourt(Bench) in the NBA. PG- Darren Collison is a poormans version of Tony Parker and SG- Marcus Thornton is a poormans version of Dwayne Wade. These two guys will cause havoc for opposing teams second unit, especially if Coach Scott moves Peja to the bench, as he stated in a interview. The Hornets 2009 draft class is GREAT! They're exactly what the Hornets needed to get, younger and better athletic players around the perimeter.
Most guys questioned the Darren Collison pick but IMO, the pick was a perfect pick. The reason why I think that is because the HORNETS offensive system is run by the PG(CP3) handling the ball 99% of the time. The Hornets needed a backup PG that could copycat CP3 and Darren Collison is that player!

MARCUS THORNTON will eventually take over the SG spot. If he work on his defense per Coach Scott, I see him starting some games this year but he will start next year because SG - Rasual Butler is in the last year of his contract.
The Hornets won't resign him(Butler) if Marcus Thornton continues to dominate defenses!

OK HORNETS FANS, WHO LOVES DARREN COLLISON AND MARCUS THORNTON?
I loved the Hornets draft picks from Day 1 (as soon as we draft/trade them).

Juju
07-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Me me! I love when we drafted Darren because I saw him play in college. Well really I wanted to see Jrue Holliday play but I still saw him... He would be an excellent backup that can finally relieve CP of heavy minutes.

As for Thornton, I love him because of his alumni to my local college but that isn't all! During the NCAA tournament, he was playing great basketball that range from spot up 3's to acrobatic layups. I can really see him play heavy minutes down the stretch of the season.

Can't wait for the season to start!

tland22
07-15-2009, 12:56 PM
ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Im pumped up as I can ever remember about a Hornets draft....i cant ever remember feeling like this after one of our drafts... i truly think we are getting better. I love love LOVE both of these picks. And i agree with BOTH things you guys said. I do think Marcus may start some games, or atleast finally get some minutes down the stretch etc.... but at the same time I have faith in Butler to avg even mroe than 11points per game in this contract year for himself...

Patrick Swayze
07-15-2009, 03:59 PM
First off, I'm going to admit something. I was wrong!!

I was wrong about both of these guys. Kudos to who ever it was that kept talking up Marcus Thornton and on how we should have drafted him him at 21. I didn't think he was close to being worthy of that. It sounds like he would have been.

I also hated the pick of Darren Collison. Since we didn't sign Pargo and for the way Collison has been playing, I was wrong again and now believe it was a good pick.

Excellent draft for the Hornets. Free agency hasn't been the way we would like it to be, but there are still guys out there that can bring us to where we NEED to be.

tland22
07-15-2009, 04:14 PM
:) exactly, FA hasnt been good, but at the very least these two guys give us some promising things to look foreward to. We will get someone in FA that will help us out....Gooden, Smith, Wilcox...all would be upgrades from whoever we had last year...we couldnt get any worse...Tho i must say, I liked Sean Marks.

BIGBREED
07-15-2009, 05:17 PM
First off, I'm going to admit something. I was wrong!!

I was wrong about both of these guys. Kudos to who ever it was that kept talking up Marcus Thornton and on how we should have drafted him him at 21. I didn't think he was close to being worthy of that. It sounds like he would have been.

I also hated the pick of Darren Collison. Since we didn't sign Pargo and for the way Collison has been playing, I was wrong again and now believe it was a good pick.

Excellent draft for the Hornets. Free agency hasn't been the way we would like it to be, but there are still guys out there that can bring us to where we NEED to be.

The Kudos goes to "tland22"!
BEFORE THE DRAFT, He was the only guy saying Marcus Thornton should go at the 21st pick to the Hornets! Even though I disagreed, I'm very glad that we have him! I said that I liked his measurements and his game but IMO, I still think that he's a very late 1st RD to 2nd RD pick! Drafting him at 21 for the HORNETS was to high for him.
AGAIN, IMO....

tland22, you are the MAN!!!!!!!!

Patrick Swayze
07-15-2009, 06:44 PM
:cheers:

BIGBREED
07-15-2009, 09:38 PM
O'lord, here comes spacemandave......

tland22
07-16-2009, 12:08 PM
hahaha lol, that what I was thinking... here comes spacemandave to rain on the parade :)

tland22
07-16-2009, 12:11 PM
i love him in the fact that we have more hornets fans, but he is just out of line with some of the negativity LOL...and in thinking Noah is worth a SHIYAAAAAAAAT....cuz he isnt. I would take Eddy Curry over him. For sure

BIGBREED
07-16-2009, 04:04 PM
lol

Patrick Swayze
07-16-2009, 05:08 PM
i love him in the fact that we have more hornets fans, but he is just out of line with some of the negativity LOL...and in thinking Noah is worth a SHIYAAAAAAAAT....cuz he isnt. I would take Eddy Curry over him. For sure

I put faith in Eddy Curry for my mock team.

tland22
07-16-2009, 05:26 PM
hell yea man, people give him crap, be he is definitely solid numbers he puts up

Vinny642
07-16-2009, 07:55 PM
great backup PG and a great backup(maybe one day start SG)

PHILS_PHANxxx9
07-16-2009, 09:08 PM
they are both career backups... sorry

Vinny642
07-16-2009, 09:10 PM
sry for what? idc if they are backups, our problem was bench last season

Patrick Swayze
07-16-2009, 09:26 PM

Thanks for your weightless opinion.

Juju
07-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Why are you sorry about them being backups? They are exactly what we needed, a backup PG and a backup SG. Although Thornton can slide into the starting SG position down the stretch due to our instability of that position for us.

PHILS_PHANxxx9
07-17-2009, 06:56 PM
u guyz r comparing them 2 tony parker and dwayne wade while they should be compared to like speedy claxton and willie green

tland22
07-17-2009, 07:35 PM

I dont believe you. And I strongly disagree.

tland22
07-17-2009, 07:37 PM
they are keeping us happy for now, that is what matters at this time :)

we have faith