PDA

View Full Version : Lakers take the deal offer for odom off the table???

Illuminati
07-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Espn says possible sign and trade with miami or dallas.

Personally I feel josh howard is overrated and michael beasley to be slow (mentally [no offense heat fans] ).:speechless:

Hopefully this gets sorted out, I want Odom to stay on the Lakers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4326602

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4328376

jdricks
07-14-2009, 11:15 PM
He will be signing the 3 year 9 million dollar deal just before the season starts.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-14-2009, 11:18 PM
no its not. if Odom accept the deal now, they will accept him in a second.

Illuminati
07-14-2009, 11:20 PM
here is the source I am not kidding lamar just might get traded
http://thelakersnation.com/blog/

IRUAM #21
07-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Miami would be dumb to trade Beasley for Odom.

marlinsfan24
07-14-2009, 11:36 PM
If Miami trades Beasley for Odom, Riley needs to be killed

thedfactor
07-14-2009, 11:41 PM
S&T with Dallas wouldn't be bad. Lakers get something rather than nothing. Depends on what the Mavericks are willing to deal for Odom. Supposedly the Mavs are offering their MLE, but we all know Odom wants about double that or around 9 million for 4 or 5 years. Also I read Dallas could offer up more money if willing to get hit by luxury tax.

Sounds like something will get done between the Mavs and Odom.

JordansBulls
07-14-2009, 11:44 PM
New Orleans needs to get him.

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2009, 11:45 PM
No way Lakers allow LO go to the mavs..lol... btw the last offer LO received was in the 9mil range he did not accept it because its only for 3 years not the 5 he wanted..

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2009, 11:46 PM
New Orleans needs to get him.

as long as they give us West that would be sweet..haha:)

Reyes6
07-14-2009, 11:46 PM
He's going to Houston... DUH!

ctitus45
07-14-2009, 11:48 PM
i would take odom of beasley any second. Beasley didn't show anything last year...plus...why draft a guy who was compared to Derrick Coleman!?

at the time of the draft..yea he was the best option...but looking back now, i think they'd rather have Brook Lopez, or Russ Westbrook, or well...Anthony Randolph (anyone see what he's been doin in Vegas this summer?) Or turn Eric Gordon into a PG.

Lakerfrk
07-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Sucks that we won't sign Odom... but lets make sure the S&T is worth it.. IF it happens...

Gibby23
07-14-2009, 11:50 PM
He's going to Houston... DUH!

S & T for Shane and Scola and you get Lamar and Farmar.

what54!?
07-14-2009, 11:51 PM
i would take odom of beasley any second. Beasley didn't show anything last year...plus...why draft a guy who was compared to Derrick Coleman!?

at the time of the draft..yea he was the best option...but looking back now, i think they'd rather have Brook Lopez, or Russ Westbrook, or well...Anthony Randolph (anyone see what he's been doin in Vegas this summer?) Or turn Eric Gordon into a PG.naw were still cool with beasley. Dude is gonna be a stud.

As far as a S&T involving odom odom for beasley thats :puke:

riley wouldn't do that

st3voness
07-14-2009, 11:51 PM
****'s hitting the fan with this one.

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2009, 11:53 PM
for who in Houston? lol

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2009, 11:54 PM

I won't do that deal ASAP...

still1ballin
07-14-2009, 11:54 PM

Ew no!

I would trade Odom for Beasley straight up.

Gibby23
07-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Ew no!

You wouldn't take a 12 and 10 guy and anothwe shut down defender?

NYtilIdie
07-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Really LA gets better either way whose Mavs going to trade Howard for LO? Only solution cause I can't see cause theirs no way in hell LO and J. Terry are going to share minutes. It would also cause LA problems cause whose going to start Howard or Artest? See problems either way.

Beasley for LO would be a win-win cause they get a stud and a 6th man in return.

thedfactor
IF Miami was offering Beasley that's an easy choice for LA. I don't think it's the case though. It will be Dallas. Doesn't seem right or likely in Lakerland but it's high probability.

SouljahPhil...
i would gladly take that.....

still1ballin
You wouldn't take a 12 and 10 guy and anothwe shut down defender?

I rather take Beasely first, and then consider scola+battier.

fishfan79
07-14-2009, 11:59 PM
call bs on the miami rumor

SouljahPhil...
07-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Mavs sign and trade not gonna happen at all...No one in in the mavs rostes LA wants to have...

Reyes6

I am not the GM, but thanks for asking.

JordansBulls
as long as they give us West that would be sweet..haha:)

Mo Pete is who you get in return.
:)

st3voness
07-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Mavs sign and trade not gonna happen at all...No one in in the mavs rostes LA wants to have...

Okay Mr. GM.

Gibby23
07-15-2009, 12:02 AM
They should let him walk and get the MLE. Portland is going after David Lee after Utah matches the Millsapoffer.

Gibby23
07-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Okay Mr. GM.

It won't unless theMavs get a 3rd team because the Lakers don't need Howard.

Bulls,Lakers,Mavs

Mavs get Odom

Bulls get Howard and Farmar

Lakers get Kirk and Tyrus.

Marques24kobe
07-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Heres the deal. LO can not make more then 8 million this year. And thats if Utah matches Portlands offer for Milsap. And if Portland does get Milsap no team this year can offer more the MLE which is around 5.6 million a year.

This is a power play by LOs agent to get a 4th or 5th year added onto the contract. So the Lakers will wait it out to see if Utah matches or not. If Utah does not match, LO and his agent lose all leverage. So the Lakers will wait it out.

But if LO is all about the money, I would sign and trade in a second. Hes very versitile but not consistant enough. Give me Josh Howard or Jason Terry from the Mavs. They would both make a great 6th man off the bench. Or in Miami give me Beasly and Blount.

The only reason I am saying this is because I dont want a unfocused LO. It would be a hinderence to this team. Id rather have a player or two who are hungry for a title.

But my gut tells me LA will sign LO sometime next week. All we can do now is to wait and see.

Storch
07-15-2009, 12:09 AM
No trade. We cant replace what lamar brings to this team.

SouljahPhil...
07-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Okay Mr. GM.

Okay owner...

As LAkers fans we want the best for our team and no one in the mavs roster will help us..lol....

Why trade to your rival if you can trade with other teams...Its common sense.. lol

Reyes6
07-15-2009, 12:11 AM
I just don't see why he would still be playing the 6th man role after he won a title... it seems kind of redundant for him to do it again.

He should be looking for a starting job on a championship caliber team.

thedfactor
07-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Okay owner...

As LAkers fans we want the best for our team and no one in the mavs roster will help us..lol....

Why trade to your rival if you can trade with other teams...Its common sense.. lolI wouldn't call the two teams rivals really. If anything they are just two competitive teams in the WC, but right now Lakers are better.

SouljahPhil...
07-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Mo Pete is who you get in return.

then lets revised the deal... you can have sun yue and the chinese market

Mo pete for yue...you can even have luke as filler..:clap:

Marques24kobe
07-15-2009, 12:14 AM
And I wouldnt dismiss Miami either. They are looking to sign DWade to an extension this summer. And he has clearly stated he wants Miami to make a move or two to prove they are serious about contending.

I think LO could help them out. Remember LO and DWade played great together in DWades first year. They carried that team in the playoffs.

Plus then they can try and trade J Oneils expiring for a piece or two.

So if your Miami they have to asks themselves is Beasley worth losing DWade or trade him to give Wade the confidence that you want to win now?

And remember in the summer of 2010 the cap could drop 5-6 million dollars. So DWade and the rest would lose close to 8-9 million dollars to sign with a new team rather then their present team. So something little like LO could sway Wade.

Id take Beasley in a second. I cant even imagine what a Laker team would be like with a Bynum and Beasley at their full potential.

KungFu Pandavol
07-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Heres the deal. LO can not make more then 8 million this year. And thats if Utah matches Portlands offer for Milsap. And if Portland does get Milsap no team this year can offer more the MLE which is around 5.6 million a year.

This is a power play by LOs agent to get a 4th or 5th year added onto the contract. So the Lakers will wait it out to see if Utah matches or not. If Utah does not match, LO and his agent lose all leverage. So the Lakers will wait it out.

But if LO is all about the money, I would sign and trade in a second. Hes very versitile but not consistant enough. Give me Josh Howard or Jason Terry from the Mavs. They would both make a great 6th man off the bench. Or in Miami give me Beasly and Blount.

The only reason I am saying this is because I dont want a unfocused LO. It would be a hinderence to this team. Id rather have a player or two who are hungry for a title.

But my gut tells me LA will sign LO sometime next week. All we can do now is to wait and see.

Are you high? What a homer post. Sounds like your trying to convince yourself. Who knows what LO will do but Odom for Josh Howard or Jason Terry?? hahahahaha

SouljahPhil...
07-15-2009, 12:16 AM
I wouldn't call the two teams rivals really. If anything they are just two competitive teams in the WC, but right now Lakers are better.

that's the point...You will compete in the same conference and may even face each other in the playoffs...why trade with them? plus no one on their team will help us... were stacked in the same positions as they are..

DCB/LAL
07-15-2009, 12:17 AM
I wouldn't call the two teams rivals really. If anything they are just two competitive teams in the WC, but right now Lakers are better.

So why risk making you better than us by giving you Odom???

KungFu Pandavol
07-15-2009, 12:18 AM
And I wouldnt dismiss Miami either. They are looking to sign DWade to an extension this summer. And he has clearly stated he wants to Miami to make a move or two to prove they are serious about contending.

And I think LO could help them out. Remember LO and DWade played great together in DWades first year. They carried that team in the playoffs.

Plus they can then try and trade J Oniels expiring for a piece or two.

So if your Miami they have to asks themselves is Beasley worth losing DWade or trade him to give Wade the confidence that you want to win now?

Id take Beasley in a second. I cant even imagine what a Laker team would be like with a Bynum and Beasley at their full potential.

:rolleyes:Are their documented reports that Odom for Beasley is even possible. That is extremely idiotic and Riley should be shot if he does that. Or are you just doing wishful thinking?

SouljahPhil...
07-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Are you high? What a homer post. Sounds like your trying to convince yourself. Who knows what LO will do but Odom for Josh Howard or Jason Terry?? hahahahaha

lol..are you even higher? you wanna trade with us without those 2?? haha... No gm in their right mind will trade with you...

what your gonna offer for LO? buckner and their other scrubs??? lol

Sophi127
07-15-2009, 12:19 AM
No trade with the Mavs they have no one that knows how to defend, which is what we need. We ahve enough offense already.

KungFu Pandavol
07-15-2009, 12:24 AM
lol..are you even higher? you wanna trade with us without those 2?? haha... No gm in their right mind will trade with you...

what your gonna offer for LO? buckner and their other scrubs??? lol

You act like I'm a Mavs fan. I'm not. If you actually read I stated a question about why the Mavs would even trade in the first place. I don't know why they would.They don't have the peices and they could just sign Odom.

This isn't NBA Live 09.

Marques24kobe
07-15-2009, 12:25 AM

Hey its fair market value. The Lakers arent about to give a key piece of thier championship team away for nothing. And if you have read my post thats only if LO decides he wont play for LA. I think he will resign with LA.

Common sense tells anyone why the heck would LO want to play for the Mavs unless it was the money.

kombayn
07-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Smart move is S&T Lamar Odom and package Luke Walton or Sasha Vujacic's contract for Erick Dampier (Only a partially guaranteed contract) & Greg Buckner (Only $1 million of his deal guaranteed). That'll create Traded Player Exemptions after they cut those two and they'll save on Luxury Tax. Basically they gave Odom a FAIR offer and if he doesn't want it then they'll let him go. It really looks like the team is going to run Nelly-Ball again with Kidd, Terry, Marion, Odom & Nowitzski as the Starters.

DCB/LAL
07-15-2009, 12:29 AM
You act like I'm a Mavs fan. I'm not. If you actually read I stated a question about why the Mavs would even trade in the first place. I don't know why they would.They don't have the peices and they could just sign Odom.

This isn't NBA Live 09.

Ummm....Most they can offer without a sign and trade is the MLE which is about 3.5million less than what LA is offering

SouljahPhil...
07-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Smart move is S&T Lamar Odom and package Luke Walton or Sasha Vujacic's contract for Erick Dampier (Only a partially guaranteed contract) & Greg Buckner (Only $1 million of his deal guaranteed). That'll create Traded Player Exemptions after they cut those two and they'll save on Luxury Tax. Basically they gave Odom a FAIR offer and if he doesn't want it then they'll let him go. It really looks like the team is going to run Nelly-Ball again with Kidd, Terry, Marion, Odom & Nowitzski as the Starters.

that's not a smart move on Lakers part...we need a contributor not a guy like dampier or buckner....It would be nice though to dump puke contract...

SouljahPhil...
07-15-2009, 12:33 AM

This isn't NBA Live 09.

Lol who said this was a computer game???

It was cubans idea for a ST..you should ask him... read the article....It was not the lakers who initiate it...

GoatMilk
07-15-2009, 12:34 AM
would Miami really trade Beasley?

VinceGully
07-15-2009, 12:45 AM

Personally I feel josh howard is overrated and michael beasley to be slow (mentally [no offense heat fans] ).:speechless:

you wouldn't take Beasley or Howard over Odom???

LaKeRs824
07-15-2009, 12:48 AM
i love odom, and i we do need him next season....but if this deal with him and m,y lakers doesnt go through then i will take beasely rather than howard...beasley is a young talent, who has the potential to be a player like odom if not better

no1baller
07-15-2009, 12:51 AM

even worse,he will get fired lol

LAKB8
07-15-2009, 12:54 AM
LO for KWAME!
Get it done Mitch!

dre1990
07-15-2009, 12:59 AM
its rigged if a future superstar goes to the lakers

deaner
07-15-2009, 01:02 AM
I'm really surprised LA would take the offer off the table. Odom is an UFA. If the pacers match the J Jack offer from Toronto.... TO has more than enough cap space to sign Odom straight up and leave LA high and dry.

Calderon
Turk
Odom
Bosh
Bargnani

Emotions must have been running high.....

Statik1
07-15-2009, 01:04 AM
its rigged if a future superstar goes to the lakers

LOL best post in the entire thread! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope he is right!

sep11ie
07-15-2009, 01:06 AM

KungFu Pandavol
07-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Ummm....Most they can offer without a sign and trade is the MLE which is about 3.5million less than what LA is offering

For more years though. Odom wants years and security. Lakers arn't going to do that. I could see him taking a 5 yr/35 mil deal with the Mavs or Blazers.

dodie53
07-15-2009, 01:08 AM
odom, pick and farmar
for
nash and hill

sep11ie
07-15-2009, 01:09 AM

Of the table or off the table??? FAIL!

KungFu Pandavol
07-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Hey its fair market value. The Lakers arent about to give a key piece of thier championship team away for nothing. And if you have read my post thats only if LO decides he wont play for LA. I think he will resign with LA.

Common sense tells anyone why the heck would LO want to play for the Mavs unless it was the money.

Odom for Howard would be epic fail on Cubans part. It will never happen so it's a moot point.

DCB/LAL
07-15-2009, 01:14 AM
For more years though. Odom wants years and security. Lakers arn't going to do that. I could see him taking a 5 yr/35 mil deal with the Mavs or Blazers.

Pretty sure if he would take the MLE for 5 years LA might take that offer QUICK but the deal here is the right number of years for the RIGHT AMMOUNT OF MONEY!!! Remember he was asking for $10 million a year and you think he'll take the MLE?????:laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh2:

And FYI yes i know 5 yr/35 mil is 7MIL a year and not the MLE

Statik1
07-15-2009, 01:19 AM
**** Odumb Sign and Trade his ***

xBLAMEITON24x
07-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Odoms not going any where the deal that was tooking off the table was for 9mil the deal is for 8 mil is still up and the reason why the deal was tooken up becuz Buss acted like a whiny ***** cuz odom wouldnt respond quick enough

SB75
07-15-2009, 01:27 AM
He will get his money from somewhere.

SouljahPhil...
07-15-2009, 01:34 AM
laker offered 9 mil for 3 years so 27 mil...

If he wants the mle for 5years 34 million that would be stupid...

he could have another contract after his 3 years with LA.

Derick713
07-15-2009, 01:58 AM
The Heat won't give up Beasley for Odom. The Heat don't have anything besides Beasley that would interest the Lakers besides maybe Haslem. Why would the Lakers take on salary they don't want. They might as well let Odom find someone who is willing pay to him what he wants.

Most still think Odom will resign with the Lakers. Blazers are the Wild Card. Dallas best choice for sign and trade.

abe_froman
07-15-2009, 02:06 AM
The Heat won't give up Beasley for Odom. The Heat don't have anything besides Beasley that would interest the Lakers besides maybe Haslem. Why would the Lakers take on salary they don't want. They might as well let Odom find someone who is willing pay to him what he wants.

Most still think Odom will resign with the Lakers. Blazers are the Wild Card. Dallas best choice for sign and trade.

blazers tied their money up with milsap,so cant do anything til it gets resolved.

hoop talk
07-15-2009, 02:10 AM
First your source is a blog then the blog's source is twitter. Why should anyone believe it?

Trouble87
07-15-2009, 02:23 AM
He goes back to Miami and i'll be watching more heat games next year

they need to bring eddie jones outta retirement and get that Wade, Odom, and Jones thing poppin again

Derick713
07-15-2009, 02:30 AM
blazers tied their money up with milsap,so cant do anything til it gets resolved.

Jazz can still match. Since Boozer has worn out his welcome the Jazz will most likely match. The Blazers aren't tied up until the Jazz pass on Millsap.

abe_froman
07-15-2009, 02:34 AM
Jazz can still match. Since Boozer has worn out his welcome the Jazz will most likely match. The Blazers aren't tied up until the Jazz pass on Millsap.

that money is until the seven day period is up or the jazz match

laker sqaud2
07-15-2009, 02:48 AM

r u high r odumb, because he just turned down r had offer pulled, wich ever way the amount of 3/y/30-mil or 4/y/36-mil:confused:what makes u think for 1 second he would take a 5/y/35-mil deal?:rolleyes:

laker sqaud2
07-15-2009, 02:52 AM
the only trade that would make any sense for L.A. would be with the heat...2 be honest if we cant work out a deal with L.O. that trade would make alot of sense for both teams~!odom for beasley

zezak
07-15-2009, 02:57 AM
And I wouldnt dismiss Miami either. They are looking to sign DWade to an extension this summer. And he has clearly stated he wants Miami to make a move or two to prove they are serious about contending.

I think LO could help them out. Remember LO and DWade played great together in DWades first year. They carried that team in the playoffs.

Plus then they can try and trade J Oneils expiring for a piece or two.

And remember in the summer of 2010 the cap could drop 5-6 million dollars. So DWade and the rest would lose close to 8-9 million dollars to sign with a new team rather then their present team. So something little like LO could sway Wade.

You have to be on something. You telling me Lamar on the Heat would make them contenders? There's no way in hell Riley would trade Beasley whos only 20 for Lamar. It doesn't make sense at all.

Even if the cap is projected to be at 54 mil, the Heat have the best situation in the league to sign another max player.

Laker fans expect every GM to bend over for them. Also your talking about Riley here.

Anyways this deal is beyond terrible for the Heat, no way this happens unless the Lakers are parting with Bynum.

dodie53
07-15-2009, 04:46 AM
i hope odom leaves the lakers and the lakers don't get anything in return

JJ81
07-15-2009, 05:47 AM
wtf

Hawkeye15
07-15-2009, 07:23 AM
I can't believe all this Odom for Beasley crap. Are you serious? Beasley is a future all star potentially. 14-8 in 25 mpg as a 19 year old. If that trade goes down, goodbye Wade, and Riley needs to be dropped off in Cuba

dee279
07-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Miami would be dumb to trade Beasley for Odom.

very

dee279
07-15-2009, 07:42 AM

I know he would get alot of threats for messing up the future of Miami, and maybe even sending Wade packing with a stoopid trade like that.

dee279
07-15-2009, 07:45 AM
Ew no!

shiid im sho u would but Riley, if hes a smart man, WONT TAKE THAT OFFER!!!!!!:mad:

Sportfan
07-15-2009, 08:00 AM
If only NOH had the cap

JordansBulls
07-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Odom and Farmar to Chicago for Tyrus and Hinrich.

mgsports
07-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Orlando?

Gibby23
07-15-2009, 10:24 AM

I would do that deal. But the reports are saying that the lakers offered 3 years at 10 million a year and 4 years at 9 million a year. LA Times is reporting that Odom is fine with that but his agent is holding him back.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-lamar-odom15-2009jul15,0,5773043.story

Many in the Lakers' organization believe that Odom wants to accept Buss' offer -- and so do those close to Odom -- but he has failed to convince his agent.

Iron24th
07-15-2009, 10:25 AM

I take Hinrich but not Tyrus,the guy is extremely overrated.

Gibby23
07-15-2009, 10:32 AM
I take Hinrich but not Tyrus,the guy is extremely overrated.

We need a backup PF and he is better than Powell.

cowboyz180
07-15-2009, 11:40 AM
i have a fealing that he'll end up signing with LA

Kakaroach
07-15-2009, 11:48 AM
It would be surprising if he didn't re-sign with L.A. I mean who else will go after him with that kind of money? OKC or Memphis?

x_notorious
07-15-2009, 11:51 AM
It would be surprising if he didn't re-sign with L.A. I mean who else will go after him with that kind of money? OKC or Memphis?

Maybe Portland if Jazz match their offer to Millsap.

Gibby23
07-15-2009, 11:52 AM

But, Buss isn't going to put the same offer back on the table, so he lost some money right off the top. It's time for his agent to put in work and get Portland to pay him. I hope Portland does pay him for 5 years because he won't be motivated until year 5 and the team is so young that there is no Vets to get on him.

Iron24th
07-15-2009, 11:53 AM
We need a backup PF and he is better than Powell.

I'm not sure,TT wants to be starter in this league,he said it many times,he'll probably not give his best coming off the bench,Powell is a very talented backup PF,he can start on others teams (see turiaf) and knows his role.

Plus TT is very suspect on offense,always taking jumpshots,no offensive skills.

Gibby23
07-15-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure,TT wants to be starter in this league,he said it many times,he'll probably not give his best coming off the bench,Powell is a very talented backup PF,he can start on others teams (see turiaf) and knows his role.

Give him a chance at a ring this early in his career and he might shape up. He isn't even starting on the Bulls. Might as well come off the bench for the defending champs.

Wilson
07-15-2009, 12:01 PM

According to ESPN Dallas and Miami are interested.

This Odom thing is becoming too much. He's a great personality to have on a team, and in a 6th man role his inconsistency isn't a problem. He's a very good piece. I don't think the Lakers need him back to suceed though.

We'll obviously lose something if he goes, but it doesn't weaken us as much as people are assuming. Josh Powell proved to be a fine back up PF when Andrew was hurt this year. He's a good offensive rebounder, has a good mid-range jump shot and can defend adequately. He'll do fine.

ManChild
07-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Lamar Odom is the X factor on the Lakers. He is what made them unstoppable when he had his game on. A versatile PF who can pass, shoot, rebound, block, and run and lead the break coming of the bench for a good 12-15 points a night is hard to come by.

NYMetros
07-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Signing Odom is critical for the Lakers. He played an instrumental role in getting the Lakers the championship last year. I don't think they would have won it if they replaced Odom with some medioce guy.

Iron24th
07-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Give him a chance at a ring this early in his career and he might shape up. He isn't even starting on the Bulls. Might as well come off the bench for the defending champs.

Man he is a starter in chicago.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tyrus_thomas/

JOSKOMANG4
07-15-2009, 12:38 PM

Ummm security is an issue?? Dude has made between 14-15 mill a season the past 4-5 years... and not to mention.. LA Lakers didnt just offer him a 1 year deal... they offered him A 3 YEAR DEAL AT 9 MILL A SEASON!!!!!!!

JUST TAKE THE DEAL ODOM!!!! You won't start but you are guaranteed 25-30mins a game... TAKE IT!!!!

J_M_B
07-15-2009, 12:41 PM
I have heard he most likely he will sign with Miami. Yes, Miami doesn't have the money to sign him to 8-9 million dollar contract like he wants, but he is willing to sign a 1 year full MLE. Then next offseason when Miami has a lot of cap space sign a 3-4 year deal. Pat Riley has already contacted him about this ESPN is reporting.

Hawkeye15
07-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Losing Odom hurts LA quite a bit, but if they can keep healthy all season, or at least through the playoffs, it won't be too bad of a drop. Artest can pick up some of his slack, even though I still think Artest will disrupt the triangle from time to time

Gibby23
07-15-2009, 12:51 PM
I have heard he most likely he will sign with Miami. Yes, Miami doesn't have the money to sign him to 8-9 million dollar contract like he wants, but he is willing to sign a 1 year full MLE. Then next offseason when Miami has a lot of cap space sign a 3-4 year deal. Pat Riley has already contacted him about this ESPN is reporting.

That doesn't make sense. Miami has to pay wade next year and need another top of the line player and would most likely go after someone instead of Odom next year. Why would they tie up 3 or 4 years on Odom when they can go after a guy like Boozer or Bosh to team with Wade?

Lakerfrk
07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
I expect a S&T trade with Miami involving Michael Beasley... which is good for the future....

but I'd just prefer if Odom would stop letting David Lee run his life, and just sign with the Lakers...

J_M_B
07-15-2009, 01:01 PM
That doesn't make sense. Miami has to pay wade next year and need another top of the line player and would most likely go after someone instead of Odom next year. Why would they tie up 3 or 4 years on Odom when they can go after a guy like Boozer or Bosh to team with Wade?

You know I just realized that. Why would Miami want Odom when they can get another top tier player like Bosh or Amare to put next to Wade? Maybe Riley isn't waiting for 2010 anymore? Riley might pull of a trade to bring Boozer to Miami, sign Lamar Odom and have him take a pay cut. Plus Beasley is still developing into a franchise player. Who knows what Miami is doing? Though a lineup with Wade, Boozer, Odom, and Beasley would be pretty scary.

J_M_B
07-15-2009, 01:06 PM
I expect a S&T trade with Miami involving Michael Beasley... which is good for the future....

but I'd just prefer if Odom would stop letting David Lee run his life, and just sign with the Lakers...

Miami will never trade their future franchise player for an aging Odom. Pat Riley would never show is face in Miami again if he did that. Beasley is an up and coming star in the NBA, he won't be traded for a guy like Odom.

JayW_1023
07-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Odom should thank Phil and Kobe on his knees they have him in the position to win at least three more titles. I wish more players cared about legacy over cash.

If I were Odom I'd actually take less money just so LA can sign another good role player...a defensive big or whatever.

Gibby23
07-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Odom should thank Phil and Kobe on his knees they have him in the position to win at least three more titles. I wish more players cared about legacy over cash.

If I were Odom I'd actually take less money just so LA can sign another good role player...a defensive big or whatever.

The thing is if he goes somewhere else he will also be leaving money on the table.

QUICKTRADE
07-15-2009, 01:15 PM
he will be sorry if he wont accept that offer and be in a non-contender team. feel the lossing effect and he will be back to his weed and candy habit.

PHX KiNG CiSE
07-15-2009, 03:42 PM
From what I read initially Odom was offered a choice of either 3yrs/30m or 4yrs/36m (Lakers), so why would he sign w dallas at 5yrs/35m? That's not anymore security that's jus longer deal which someone already mentioned is not the MLE (that's 5mil more) so how dallas pulls this off in the first place is a mystery to me! Hell he can probly get the MLE after his new deal w the lakers is up anyway (if he signs w LA).

b_rad23
07-15-2009, 04:35 PM

It could be a one year rental and Miami will only have 8 million on the books next year, so they could conceivably have Wade, Beasley, Boozer AND Odom in stead of Wade and Beasley with Amare or Bosh alone.

mrblisterdundee
07-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Odom's getting really into himself since winning a championship. It's time for the Lakers to drop him and go for Matt Barnes. Barnes isn't as good as Odom, but is a great back-up small forward who won't whine about only earning $10 million per season.

ARMIN12NBA
07-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Odom's getting really into himself since winning a championship. It's time for the Lakers to drop him and go for Matt Barnes. Barnes isn't as good as Odom, but is a great back-up small forward who won't whine about only earning $10 million per season.

Odom is a power forward though who allowed the Lakers to go with a trio of Pau, Bynum, and Odom during the year. That trio allowed the Lakers frontline to nearly always be a very dominant frontline (instead of having the like of DJ or Powell play, which severely weakens them).

lorenz00
07-15-2009, 09:31 PM
RAPTORS MAKE A SIGN AND TRADE!! BANKS + patrick obryant + 2 first round picks! 2011,2012 devANn geroge

daleja424
07-15-2009, 09:33 PM
RAPTORS MAKE A SIGN AND TRADE!! BANKS + patrick obryant + 2 first round picks! 2011,2012 devANn geroge

they owe a pick to miami still...

lorenz00
07-15-2009, 09:38 PM
they owe a pick to miami still...

is in it 2010?