PDA

View Full Version : Nate the GREAT gets $10 million offer from Olympiacos

fairandbalanced
07-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Newsday has learned that Olympiacos is offering Nate Robinson a 2-year contract worth $10 million.

He probably won't make as much in the NBA, mostly due to his height. Just imagine Mark Blount getting so much money, even when he produced less than Nate. The NBA discriminates against height. :sad2:

black1605
07-14-2009, 10:57 PM
he will get a better deal here

cowboyz180
07-14-2009, 10:59 PM
great deal for nate

EastCoastBaller
07-14-2009, 11:02 PM
I hope this dosen't happen... I enjoy watching Nate

st3voness
07-14-2009, 11:03 PM
He should come back for All-Star weekend.

Trouble87
07-14-2009, 11:07 PM
:pity: well... see you in a year Nate

smith&wesson
07-14-2009, 11:07 PM
I think alot of teams have overlooked this guy. also alot of teams have over looked lee.
i dont know why. they are both quality players. nate can jump out of the gym. he is explosive, a good team guy, yonge, lots of potential, the nba dunk contest winner,
and doesnt even get an offer from an nba team ? not even an offer from his own team ? the knicks have gone too far in trying to create cap space for 2010. they are going to lose good players. lebron doesnt = a solid 15 man team. i dont know what they are doing up there. sooner or later someones going to give lee and nate an offer sheet and the knicks will probably end dead last next season. It sux because id like to see that team be competitive again.. i mean its new york for god sakes. mad square garden fills seats every game those ppl deserve somthing to chear about.

smith&wesson
07-14-2009, 11:13 PM
He probably won't make as much in the NBA, mostly due to his height. Just imagine Mark Blount getting so much money, even when he produced less than Nate. The NBA discriminates against height. :sad2:

your sig on g oden is hilarious man. :D

NYtilIdie
07-14-2009, 11:31 PM
I think alot of teams have overlooked this guy. also alot of teams have over looked lee.
i dont know why. they are both quality players. nate can jump out of the gym. he is explosive, a good team guy, yonge, lots of potential, the nba dunk contest winner,
and doesnt even get an offer from an nba team ? not even an offer from his own team ? the knicks have gone too far in trying to create cap space for 2010. they are going to lose good players. lebron doesnt = a solid 15 man team. i dont know what they are doing up there. sooner or later someones going to give lee and nate an offer sheet and the knicks will probably end dead last next season. It sux because id like to see that team be competitive again.. i mean its new york for god sakes. mad square garden fills seats every game those ppl deserve somthing to chear about.

We did offer him a QO for 1 yr I believe its about 2 mil I think. I hope he doesn't go he's one of my favorite players to watch.

Kyle N.
07-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Well that's good for him.

AirJordanXVIII
07-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Hope he doesnt take it. Pretty fun guy to watch, and I think he can get around 6 mil per year here.

blastmasta26
07-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Nate puts up 17 points off the bench and is great for marketing and attendance. He could get $5 mil a year in the NBA. If not this year, then next.

znick21
07-15-2009, 12:20 AM
i hope he goes, i find him incredibly annoying.

29$JerZ
07-15-2009, 12:22 AM
That actually helps the Knicks, he could go to that team for 2 years and we keep him as a RFA so we could sign over the cap when his deal is done over there :)

I like Nate but if he is a smart man he should take that 10 million and just return to the NBA in 2 years.

I doubt he gets anything higher than 4 million from us so this would be a solution.,

Reyes6
07-15-2009, 12:24 AM
2 year contract worth $10 million

equals

$5 million a year?

Title is quite misleading to simple folks like myself.

no1baller
07-15-2009, 12:54 AM
That actually helps the Knicks, he could go to that team for 2 years and we keep him as a RFA so we could sign over the cap when his deal is done over there :)

I like Nate but if he is a smart man he should take that 20 million and just return to the NBA in 2 years.

i hope that after the year of lebron we can get him.. i appreciate everything he has done for us (knicks) and i hope he comes bak in 2 years :clap:

Sportfan
07-15-2009, 08:30 AM
he will get a better deal here
Absolutley no chance that will happen

OT Thriller
07-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Man I always enjoyed watching Nate play. Too bad he might be going over seas but what can you do?

Vasherpick6
07-15-2009, 11:56 AM
with the exchange rate he will essentially make $20 million USD in 2 years, correct? If so good for him.

JayW_1023
07-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Nate Robinson is playing for the Knicks...his current contract plus numerous endorsements (again, that's because he is a Knick) will earn him more than playing in Greece combined.

Plus, in the Garden they can cope with his tendency to break off plays in favour of showmanship. I doubt there in Greece they will enjoy those antics. In New York Nate has got the stage that made him a popular player in the first place.