PDA

View Full Version : Boozer tells Chicago radio he expects a trade; would love to play for Bulls

Wrigleyboy25
07-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Jazz power forward Carlos Boozer told a Chicago radio station today that he expects to soon be traded, and that he'll be happy if he is.

According to a transcript from WMVP 1000-AM, the ESPN affiliate in Chicago, Boozer — who has not spoken to Utah media since the Jazz's season ended in late April — said this when asked if he thought he'd be dealt:

"Yeah, I do. I had a talk with the Jazz. The Jazz told me they want to go in a different direction and I respect their decision. We mutually agreed to work out a trade that was beneficial for them and beneficial for my family and me. So with that being said I'm gonna be traded relatively soon or in good time."

Rumors circulating today have Chicago, Miami, New York and Detroit among potential destinations for Boozer, a two-time NBA All-Star who has been on the trade block since he decided late last month to opt in for the final year and $12.65 million on his current contract with the Jazz.

"We'll see what happens," Boozer said when asked by the radio station if Chicago is his favored destination.

"I mean, I'd love to be a part of the Chicago Bulls," he added. "A lot of that lies in the Utah Jazz' hands, but we'll see what they wanna do, and hopefully I'll do what's best for me as well. If it happens I'll be very happy."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705316825/Boozer-says-he-expects-a-trade.html

zambo4president
07-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Well we would love to have him.

abe_froman
07-14-2009, 03:27 PM
our f.o. doesnt have the balls to give anyone up to bring him

Raps18-19 Champ
07-14-2009, 03:32 PM
our f.o. doesnt have the balls to give anyone up to bring him

I was watching Ferris Beuhler yesterday.

futureman
07-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Bulls don't seem to want him that bad. They won't give up Salmons and a filler for him so I guess it's not going to happen.

Johann
07-14-2009, 03:47 PM
I was watching Ferris Beuhler yesterday.

haha me too

JordansBulls
07-14-2009, 03:47 PM
I sure hope he gets traded to us as well.

magichatnumber9
07-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry did I miss something. Wasn't Boozer a free agent not that long ago and re-upped with the Jazz? What the heck is going on?

abe_froman
07-14-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm sorry did I miss something. Wasn't Boozer a free agent not that long ago and re-upped with the Jazz? What the heck is going on?

jazz tell him they are going in another direction,he says to trade him

mitch91
07-14-2009, 04:14 PM
wonder where he will go, alot of rumblings about miami, and he can go to virtually most teams as he wont effect teams plans for 2010.

btw can somebody please answer this as ive posted it a few times with no response.

orlando matched dallas' offer to Gortat, does he HAVE to resign with the magic now that they matched or could he not have said no thanks and went to dallas?

PLEASE HELP!

chicago lulz
07-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Bulls don't seem to want him that bad. They won't give up Salmons and a filler for him so I guess it's not going to happen.

That's probably because without Salmons, our guard rotation looks pretty damn horrible.

Rose/Pargo/Hunter
Hinrich/Pargo

???

We would be asking for more than Boozer to fill that void at the SG spot.

bleedprple&gold
07-14-2009, 05:24 PM

No, he had a player option that he exercised to stay with the Jazz for one more year. He never became a FA

ThaBoomer
07-14-2009, 05:31 PM
wonder where he will go, alot of rumblings about miami, and he can go to virtually most teams as he wont effect teams plans for 2010.

btw can somebody please answer this as ive posted it a few times with no response.

orlando matched dallas' offer to Gortat, does he HAVE to resign with the magic now that they matched or could he not have said no thanks and went to dallas?

PLEASE HELP!

No homez. As a restricted free agent, when your team makes you a qualifying offer, they reserve the right to match any offer sheet you sign for another team. Essentially, they reserve the right to retain you, and as a restricted free agent, the player can't choose once a team decides to match.

Bucsfan
07-14-2009, 05:34 PM
depends on what they offer, whether it be the bulls or heat, it probably wont be that great for the jazz, no team can really offer great stuff in return

but if i were to guess, i think he will play for the HEAT

mitch91
07-14-2009, 05:41 PM
No homez. As a restricted free agent, when your team makes you a qualifying offer, they reserve the right to match any offer sheet you sign for another team. Essentially, they reserve the right to retain you, and as a restricted free agent, the player can't choose once a team decides to match.

thanks so much essay

i thought that but just needed it explained to me fully!

LayZbone
07-14-2009, 05:58 PM
link (http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/13/millsap.offer/index.html)- David Aldridge

And he's never made a secret of his affinity for Miami, where he has an offseason home. (To be fair to Boozer, part of the reason he's so fond of Miami is that his son, Carmani, was able to get the treatment there for his sickle cell anemia that helped save the boy's life. Any parent understands this, just as you understand why Derek Fisher felt compelled to play again for the Lakers, knowing that his daughter could be treated better for her leukemia in Los Angeles than in Salt Lake City.)

At any rate, it's clear that Boozer is due for a change of scenery. But the Jazz won't have much problem making a deal happen. Remember, Boozer is now an expiring contract, at a large number ($12.6 million) that will be attractive to teams looking to be 2010 ready. If the Heat wanted to make a deal, a package of Udonis Haslem (expiring at $7.1 million) and James Jones (partially guaranteed in each of the last three seasons of his contract, which has four years remaining) would get the job done easily. Miami also has a juicy $4.3 million trade exception from last season's Shawn Marion deal that it could use to take, say, a C.J. Miles from Utah for a draft pick.

fishfan79
07-14-2009, 06:08 PM
ehh shall be interesting to see at least things to consider

personally think he ends up in miami but shall see :)

Jonathan2323
07-14-2009, 06:12 PM
if Haslem and JJ for Boozer can get easily done make it happen.