PDA

View Full Version : Where will Lamar Odom end up?

mavs&colts
07-14-2009, 12:34 PM
LINK:http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1835

Orlando has matched Dallas offer sheet so can we please get over gortat, so in other new mavs could possibly be in pursuit of lamar odom if he decides not to be a laker again and with the news going around that his agent and Kupchak are not seeing eye to eye it can very possibly happen

PG Jason Kidd /J.J. Barea /Rodrigue Beaubois
SG Josh Howard / Jason Terry
SF Shawn Marion / Josh Howard
PF Lamar Odom/ Dirk Nowitzki / Ahmad Nivins*
C Dirk Nowitzki / Nathan Jawai

& E.Dampier's expiring contract

showtym24
07-14-2009, 12:37 PM
They cant offer him any more than us, so why would he go there?

Testaverde16
07-14-2009, 12:38 PM
how much money do the mavs have to sign him?

he would be a pretty good fit there, but theyd be soft inside...

blah-blah
07-14-2009, 12:40 PM
no way

kntresistheheat
07-14-2009, 12:40 PM

Orlando has matched Dallas offer sheet so can we please get over gortat, so in other new mavs could possibly be in pursuit of lamar odom if he decides not to be a laker again and with the news going around that his agent and Kupchak are not seeing eye to eye it can very possibly happen

I am so sorry to disapoint you but 1) Dirk cant play C 2) Your not going to have Josh Howard coming out the bench and I am sure dallas would only offer him a contract if he is willing to come off the bench like he did for the lakers. I know that he will not get enough minutes there with Dirk,Marion,Howard taking up all those minutes. So o-dum is not going to dallas.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 12:41 PM
they would need to trade dampires expiring and some picks they got no money to offer.

also dirk as center would be laughabe

lakerboy
07-14-2009, 12:44 PM
I see this working only with Oklahoma sign-and-trading Lamar Odom for Josh Howard. If they want Josh. Because I'd like to believe there is no way LA would sign-and-trade Lamar.

daleja424
07-14-2009, 12:52 PM
if he is going to sign for the mle over 5 years Miami is his best option. with LO miami is a player in the eastern conference and he could start in miami

JordansBulls
07-14-2009, 12:57 PM

I see no point on getting him for Dallas unless they are just loading up there bench.

x_notorious
07-14-2009, 12:57 PM
The best the Mavs can offer is the MLE and the Lakers are offering $8+ million. The chances of Odom signing with the Mavs is unlikely unless the clear up some cap space. Or maybe a sign & trade possibility..

mavs&colts
07-14-2009, 01:02 PM
I am so sorry to disapoint you but 1) Dirk cant play C 2) Your not going to have Josh Howard coming out the bench and I am sure dallas would only offer him a contract if he is willing to come off the bench like he did for the lakers. I know that he will not get enough minutes there with Dirk,Marion,Howard taking up all those minutes. So o-dum is not going to dallas.

Im sorry to dissapoint you but
1)If pau gasol can play at center dirk should have no problems at center if he gains weight and work on his post game because there is no more agression in the 5 position besides D.Howard or Shaq
2)Howard would start at SGand back up marion at sf
3)if you are a heat fan i would worry less about what any other team in the nba is doin and more about what you guys are going to have to do to retain D.Wade:ohno:

and besides did you not read the article we have greg buckner who we can pretty much do the same to him as we did to stackhouse

ajj22
07-14-2009, 01:13 PM
if dirk is the starting C for dallas, I would count down the days until my team played them, declare that day a personal holiday, take the day off from work, and bask all day knowing that my big man is going to put up a bare minimum of 50 points and 40 rebounds.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 01:16 PM
big news dude, dirk is SOFTER than pau and hgets his points from jumpers and 3pt he wodul be killed inside.

second.

make it odom AND either sasha or Walton for Damps expiring AND terry and i buy it.

IU Hoosiers 3
07-14-2009, 01:19 PM
i love dirk, have posters of him in my room and and a signed/framed authentic jersey hanging above my bed..but i would hate to see him be a full time center..he'd get eaten alive down low..but lamar would be cool if marion wasn't aquired.

cav_till_i_die
07-14-2009, 01:21 PM
LA seems like the smart choice but i hear blazers(if millsap is matched) and maybe even Miami and mavs for a sign and trade

where do you guys think he will end up. i think him and the lakers can work it out. Thoughts?

mavs&colts
07-14-2009, 01:27 PM
NO I get what you guys are saying but im not talking a full time center, i mean every once and while cuz i mean come on you dont think he would give a center any issues with his long perimeter jumpers? for example either the center leaves dirk wide open which is pretty much automatic or comes out the paint and once he come's out the paint if dirk misses you can pretty much call that a marion board dont you think?:shrug:

oh yeah and p.s. We have no issue with D.howard scoring 50pts cuz im pretty sure the rest of the team wont

PennyMy#1
07-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Stop putting Dirk on C. That's BS.

Reddd
07-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Damn, he should stop playing and resign with the lakers:mad:, everybody knows it's the best fit for him

lakers4sho
07-14-2009, 01:45 PM
big news dude, dirk is SOFTER than pau and hgets his points from jumpers and 3pt he wodul be killed inside.

second.

make it odom AND either sasha or Walton for Damps expiring AND terry and i buy it.

:puke:

Dampier's expiring doesn't make it better for us, because even if we let him go, we'd still be WAY over the cap.

And Lamar Odom is a better fit (and necessity) to the Lakers than Jason Terry.

Bad, bad deal for L.A.

st3voness
07-14-2009, 01:48 PM
I've read into this. The idea is to sign-and-trade Lamar Odom that allows him to get a 9-million dollar deal with the Mavericks and the Lakers take back little to no salary.

Mavs Receive:
Lamar Odom

Lakers Receive:
Greg Buckner (1-million dollar buyout that the Lakers would do)
J.J. Barea (Young PG to back-up an aging Derek Fisher and upgrade over Farmar)

And yes, LA management would consider this and really don't care if you LA PSD members like it or not because the odds of Odom coming back are slim. F.O. has accepted that fact; time for you guys to do the same.

st3voness
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Dallas, or Portland.

nba08
07-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I've read into this. The idea is to sign-and-trade Lamar Odom that allows him to get a 9-million dollar deal with the Mavericks and the Lakers take back little to no salary.

Mavs Receive:
Lamar Odom

Lakers Receive:

And yes, LA management would consider this and really don't care if you LA PSD members like it or not because the odds of Odom coming back are slim. F.O. has accepted that fact; time for you guys to do the same.

This is a terrible trade. jj barea is good at all give me our guys off the bench at point gaurd, brown/farmar. this is just horribe.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
I laugh if Cleveland gets him. I doubt LA would want to help Cleveland though because they might be scared of helping Cavs get better.

st3voness
07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
This is a terrible trade. jj barea is good at all give me our guys off the bench at point gaurd, brown/farmar. this is just horribe.

This isn't a trade. You're getting something for a player that is not re-signing with you anyway unless it is a sign-and-trade.

st3voness
07-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Apparently LA upped their offer to 9 million, yet he still isn't accepting. IDK what this guy wants really.

ctitus45
07-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Odom is a great inconsistent talent. I'd love to have him as a Mav if he would be willing to come off the bench. Our crunch time 5 would be impressive and very long/lanky. It'd be nice to have another playmaker on the court along with Kidd. It'd be nice...but i think the Mavs have other things to address. If we can get him in a sign and trade without having to give up JET/JHo/Marion then we need to pull that trigger immediately. It would only make us a better ballclub over the season and post season.

Kidd
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Damp

Jet/Odom/Ross/Humphries/Nivins/Beaubois.

I like our odds in the west.

Let's not forget Damp is in his contract year. Maybe that will give him some incentive to play harder. I'm happy getting 8 and 8 out of him. If we can get 10 rebounds for 20 mins a night, ill take it. He wouldn't be in during the clutch. And, once we decide not to pick up his option on the contract, it will open up a lot of cap room.

Gibby23
07-14-2009, 02:23 PM
1)If pau gasol can play at center dirk should have no problems at center if he gains weight and work on his post game because there is no more agression in the 5 position besides D.Howard or Shaq
3)if you are a heat fan i would worry less about what any other team in the nba is doin and more about what you guys are going to have to do to retain D.Wade:ohno:

and besides did you not read the article we have greg buckner who we can pretty much do the same to him as we did to stackhouse

So you want to make your best 3 point shooter into a center? Pau was always a post up player, Dirk will not play the 5 spot.

lakers4sho
07-14-2009, 02:26 PM

Mavs Receive:
Lamar Odom

Lakers Receive:

:speechless:

I think you're mistaking Mitch Kupchak for Chris Wallace. The salaries don't even match.

lakers4sho
07-14-2009, 02:28 PM
This isn't a trade. You're getting something for a player that is not re-signing with you anyway unless it is a sign-and-trade.

Yeah, that's why it's called sign-and-trade.

T-R-A-D-E

DCB/LAL
07-14-2009, 02:29 PM

Yeah but why would the Lakers Upgrade the Mavs and make them better without getting something that'll improve the Laker Team remember this is a team thats gonna pay the Luxury tax and really the only teams paying the luxury tax are the ones who really want a championship so LA wont let him walk for nothing and you kinda sorta need LA for a sign and trade!! And we might see you guys in the playoffs no way we improve the Mavs without getting something in return!!

plpfctn
07-14-2009, 02:30 PM

Mavs Receive:
Lamar Odom

Lakers Receive:

you only see what you wanna believe.

plpfctn
07-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Apparently LA upped their offer to 9 million, yet he still isn't accepting. IDK what this guy wants really.

it's 8.5 million a year. odom wants a 4th year on the contract and lakers are offering 3 years. it's not about the money, it's about the years.

mavs&colts
07-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Personally i don't think we should trade j.j. barea, he is getting better by the year and i really wanna waist his talent on Lamar Odom plus j.kidd isnt getting any younger if they actually do try to go through with this sign and trade we could be looking at another D.harris all over again:down:

D.Harris
Dallas
04-05 5.7 PPG
05-06 9.9 PPG
06-07 10.2 PPG
07-08 14.4 PPG

New Jersey
07-08 15.4 PPG
08-09 21.3 PPG

J.J. Barea

06-07 2.4 PPG
07-08 4.3 PPG
08-09 7.8 PPG

tland22
07-14-2009, 02:53 PM
he gunna end up in LA...he is a whipped BIYAAATCH...he wants to suck on phil and kobe some more

ctitus45
07-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Personally i don't think we should trade j.j. barea, he is getting better by the year and i really wanna waist his talent on Lamar Odom plus j.kidd isnt getting any younger if they actually do try to go through with this sign and trade we could be looking at another D.harris all over again:down:

D.Harris
Dallas
04-05 5.7 PPG
05-06 9.9 PPG
06-07 10.2 PPG
07-08 14.4 PPG

New Jersey
07-08 15.4 PPG
08-09 21.3 PPG

J.J. Barea

06-07 2.4 PPG
07-08 4.3 PPG
08-09 7.8 PPG

Roddy Beaubois is our future PG though, JJ is not which makes him expendable.

Go Dodgers!
07-14-2009, 03:19 PM
he gunna end up in LA...he is a whipped BIYAAATCH...he wants to suck on phil and kobe some more

:confused:

IRUAM #21
07-14-2009, 03:21 PM
he gunna end up in la...he is a whipped biyaaatch...he wants to suck on phil and kobe some more

.............//).............(\`\
............/....//..............\\....\
.........../....//................\\....\
.....//..../\.........../`\....\`\
.././.../..../..../.|_......_|.\....\....\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.)..)..(..(.\....)....)....).)
.\................\/.../....\...\/................/
..\................. /........\................../
....\..............(............)............../

ggg
07-14-2009, 03:31 PM
LA. He makes everybody in the team better.

Vidball
07-14-2009, 03:43 PM
LA...they are offering him $9M--nobody will offer more.

tland22
07-14-2009, 03:45 PM
LA will not make the Finals without big Lamar....bank on that

Vidball
07-14-2009, 03:48 PM
LA will not make the Finals without big Lamar....bank on that

Nope, they'll make it with him

bleedprple&gold
07-14-2009, 03:53 PM
I laugh if Cleveland gets him. I doubt LA would want to help Cleveland though because they might be scared of helping Cavs get better.

how would the Cavs get him? They are not even in the discussions...

smith&wesson
07-14-2009, 04:07 PM
lamar in dallas ? thats scary

dirk
marion
lamar
kidd

thats ill.

Reddd
07-14-2009, 04:08 PM
I bet he's feeling bad right now and is trying to contact Kupchak to resign him. Or Kobe needs to step up and talk with him a bit, I can't imagine him playing anywhere else.

thedfactor
07-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Very good chance Portland if they are interested if/when the Jazz match Millsap. Dallas is a sign and trade possibility and could offer up to 9 million with the Buckner contract along with another in September though which is a while and unlikely. Hmmm do not see him going back to Miami although that would be interesting, but how?

Portland has the best spot for him. Dallas has Dirk, Marion and Howard.

Reddd
07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Jazz will match Millsap's offer only if they send Boozer away for small contracts, but since the Bulls/Blazers/Jazz trade was cut off, I haven't heard of any serious trade discussions involving Boozer. So if Millsap's offer isn't matched then I don't think L.O has any chance to get a big deal from anywhere except L.A

J_M_B
07-14-2009, 04:23 PM
LA will most likely retain him, but wouldn't be shocked if Miami and Dallas got him.

J_M_B
07-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Jazz will match Millsap's offer only if they send Boozer away for small contracts, but since the Bulls/Blazers/Jazz trade was cut off, I haven't heard of any serious trade discussions involving Boozer. So if Millsap's offer isn't matched then I don't think L.O has any chance to get a big deal from anywhere except L.A

I've heard Miami is in the mix to get him as well.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-14-2009, 04:26 PM
how would the Cavs get him? They are not even in the discussions...

Cavs said they wanted a guy off the bench that can make a difference. I saw on another article than Cavs were looking at guys like Artest, Ariza and even Odom.

st3voness
07-14-2009, 04:27 PM
July 14, 2009
NBA Talk: Mavs, Forget Gortat, It's Time To Go For Lamar Odom

By Josh Dhani

Well well well, looks the Mavs just lost out on two players they were going to have: Marcin Gortat and Brandon Bass.

The Orlando Magic retained Gortat by matching the $34M offer. I'm sorry, but I have to say that's a bad deal for ORLANDO! You hear that Magic fans! Yeah, that's right, I said it and you read it. Why re-sign someone for more than $30M even though he is going to back up Superman and only play about ten minutes per game.

Yeah, I know, pretty outrageous, huh (dang, a lot of commas there in that sentence for only like six words, don't you agree. Oh whoops, got to get back to the story I'm talking about, don't want to be blabbing about puncuation. On to the story!).

But hey, forget Mo-Go. There's a lot of better players. Sure, he could fill in for the aging Erick Dampier but seriously, there are a lot of better players besides some guy who know one really knows of how capable he is of being a starter for an 82-game season.

And besides, you could get a kid like Nate Robinson, who I heard may be going to the Olmypiakos with Josh Childress. It's time for him to stay in the NBA, not to some place across the seas.

But someone is going to get him, and I really don't think the Mavs may be going for a guy like Krypto-Nate, but there is someone who sticks out of Nate and many other free agents who may have a future with Dallas. You all probably know who it is by now, if you read the title.

It's Lamar Odom.

Don't say that "Odom won't fit with Dallas" or stuff like that because he will. And Mark Cuban told NBA TV that he'd love to have Odom on the squad. He's not going to come back to Los Angeles, that's for sure.

Check out the articles from the Los Angeles Times and the Los Angeles Daily News, because they say that Odom and the Lakers aren't agreeing with anything. So back to Mr. Hot Show in Dallas. Mavs already got Shawn Marion, they can settle for one more player and not to do a fat trade involving four teams and eight players.

The Mavericks can get Odom easily. And I am here to break down of what will happen if this kid goes to big D, because that's probably his last stop this off-season.

You all know what this is, it is the world famous series we all call the NBA Talk! You have to admit, Odom looks good in a Dallas Mavs jersey with that big fat number seven plastered on the jersey. And also, think of how great it would make the lineup and roster look like if he came to Dallas.

Like many of my articles involving players going to different teams, here's where Odom and many other players stand in the lineup of the Dallas Mavericks:

PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Josh Howard/Jason Terry
SF: Shawn Marion
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Lamar Odom
C: Erick Dampier

But hey, you probably might be wondering that maybe it won't look good with Odom at the power forward spot with Dirky. Well we could switch it up a little with Odom going at small forward with Shawn Marion.

And you also might be wondering that why the heck is Josh Howard at the shooting guard spot? Well, where else would he be? He deserves to be on the starting lineup and I believe it's a good fit with him at the spot I put in those bold letters up there for the "SG" spot.

It does look dangerous, I already know.

Odom to the Mavs, yep, it looks real good.

I think we may actually be seeing Odom and the Mavericks agreeing on both cylinders which will create a deal that'll be buzzing on ESPN.

We then see John Hollinger writing his analysis for ESPN Insider, but guess what, there's no point because I got it all (no disrespect John, but you do know we have the same idea if Odom went to the Mavs and if we analyze the data, you'll pretty much be writing my article. Again, no disrespect man, keep up the great writing!)

So you see where we are probably at by now. It's all good right now.

Odom can fit well at power forward and small forward because it'll be dangerous on both sides as he'll be acting like a power forward at the small forward spot, which creates problem for the other small forward, and then it's pretty much the other way around at the power forward spot as he acts like a small forward because he'll be jacking up three-pointers (and yes, they'll be made) which would be hard for other power forwards to stop (dang, that was all one sentence!).

So you get where I am going, don't you (hope so)?

The Mavericks are still on top as one of the dangerous teams in the Western Conference, let's see if they can be the best with the signing of Odom.

Sorry Ron Artest, but you to LA will be just as same with Odom to the Mavs. So you two guys are pretty much even right now. So with that said, Mavericks and the Lakers will contend in the Wild West to prove who is the best.

And maybe the Mavs will be the one to be the best of the rest.

Interesting read. Who knows where he'll end up though..

Reddd
07-14-2009, 04:42 PM
I've heard Miami is in the mix to get him as well.

That might actually work, he'll take some attention off from D-Wade

xBLAMEITON24x
07-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Los Angeles Lakers

For 10 million after Jazz match the offer Mitch will give him his money

ARMIN12NBA
07-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Cavs said they wanted a guy off the bench that can make a difference. I saw on another article than Cavs were looking at guys like Artest, Ariza and even Odom.

They can only offer 5 million...The Lakers are offering 9 million right now. Lamar is pushing for 10 million...That is the holdup in the negotiations. Apparently Lamar can't live on 9 million. :rolleyes:

bleedprple&gold
07-14-2009, 05:18 PM

It would have to be a s&t and the only guy on the Cavs I would trade Odom for is Lebron. Odom on the Cavs would be arguably there second best player lol

djeller1139
07-14-2009, 05:57 PM
I think/worry that it will be LA or Dallas, two teams I despise.

I think just about any team could use a guy like Lamar Odom, I just hope it's not the Lakers or Mavs that sign him..

ko8e24
07-14-2009, 06:07 PM
.............//).............(\`\
............/....//..............\\....\
.........../....//................\\....\
.....//..../\.........../`\....\`\
.././.../..../..../.|_......_|.\....\....\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.)..)..(..(.\....)....)....).)
.\................\/.../....\...\/................/
..\................. /........\................../
....\..............(............)............../

:clap:

DCB/LAL
07-14-2009, 06:21 PM
They can only offer 5 million...The Lakers are offering 9 million right now. Lamar is pushing for 10 million...That is the holdup in the negotiations. Apparently Lamar can't live on 9 million. :rolleyes:

Yeah thats what i read but also it has to do with the years too i guess.:shrug:

Verbal Christ
07-14-2009, 06:25 PM
hey the mavs should go after iverson too, he's available, arent ya'll trying to stock up on household names anyways regardless of whether or not they fit your team.

Lakerfrk
07-14-2009, 06:35 PM
the ONLY way Lakers sign and trade Odom to Dallas is if we get Jason Terry and a big back... but the Mavs have no bigs to expend... sooo.. .not going to happen...

OT Thriller
07-14-2009, 06:39 PM
The Mavs wont win significantly if Dirk is there center. No knock on Dirk, he is just not a center.

obrpunk
07-14-2009, 06:44 PM
I think any team with MLE money is "looking" at Odom, given his talent you would be dumb not to. But with the acquisition of Marion and the reality that they will NOT play Dirk at center, I don't see how they would make this work speaking strictly "on the court", forget about what kind of deal you would have to make to get him.

Dncehalldrug
07-14-2009, 06:50 PM
He's signing with the Lakers...I hope. :pray:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b78/Achilles077/hayley-med.jpg?t=1247611758

Hayley Williams >>>>>>> Cassadee Pope

bleedprple&gold
07-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Interesting read. Who knows where he'll end up though..

Who wrote that ******** article? yea right the Mavs are just to magically get Odom without doing a s&t and they won't have to give up Howard or Terry or Marion. The Mavs do not have anything more than the MLE to pay Odom. Ppl need to learn how the nba salary cap works before writing articles...

Kyben36
07-14-2009, 06:58 PM
5 years ago, that linup would be pretty sick.

thedfactor
07-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Odom is a nice name for Dallas, but that's all. There isn't a dying need for him on the roster with Dirk, Marion, and Howard. The Mavs need to be looking at Cs and SGs. Laker fans, what's Bynum's availability? If you trade him for cap relief, won't signing Odom be easier?

cowboyz180
07-14-2009, 07:08 PM
dosent make sence... i would not like it if he was traded to the mavs. He is too inconsistent

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Whats with all the talk about Dampier's expiring contract???

Dampier's contract has 2 years left
Buckners has 2 years also with a player option on the 2nd year...

No way Lakers do a trade for those 2 Bench warmers..lol

Only way I see us letting LO go is for Terry and Beaubois..haha

If not no way the front office do that...We have the leverage... If Portland signs millsap only OKC and LA can offer him more than the MLE...(doubt OKC do it)

st3voness
07-14-2009, 07:44 PM

Dampier's contract has 2 years left
Buckners has 2 years also with a player option on the 2nd year...

No way Lakers do a trade for those 2 Bench warmers..lol

Only way I see us letting LO go is for Terry and Beaubois..haha

If not no way the front office do that...We have the leverage... If Portland signs millsap only OKC and LA can offer him more than the MLE...(doubt OKC do it)

Dampier - last year not guaranteed.

Buckner - $1 million buyout.

nuncmeister
07-14-2009, 07:50 PM
ESPN says that Phoenix would be a willing recipient for Lamar Odom if a sign and trade could be worked out. Dallas is also after him.

fresh prince
07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-odom14-2009jul14,0,6204069.story

By Broderick Turner
July 14, 2009
Lamar Odom sounded frustrated and hopeful at the same time.

He sounded frustrated he hasn't been able to come to terms with the Lakers on a contract. But he sounded hopeful he and the Lakers will get a deal done.

At the end of the day, Odom was asked, does he expect to be back playing for the Lakers next season?

"I don't know," Odom told The Times in a phone interview. "That's why there are negotiations. I don't know. Of course I hope they can get it done.

"It's negotiations. Both sides are going to give and take. That's part of it. I don't know how long it's going to take."

"Perhaps," Kupchak said. "I'm surprised it's taken this long to get to this point. Obviously, I have a lot more information than you guys do."

The Times has reported that Odom and his agent, Jeff Schwartz, are seeking $10 million a season. The Lakers have offered Odom a deal north of $9 million a season for the first three years.

Odom was asked what would happen if he doesn't get a deal from the Lakers.

"I don't know. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, it might be sunny," Odom said. "Who knows what's going to happen? But I remain hopeful that it gets done."

I dont know what his deal is at this point. If the Lakers offered something north of 9 mil why wouldn't he take that unless he wants to leave?

nuncmeister
07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Watch for a surprise. Phoenix Suns!

JermanJaysFan
07-14-2009, 07:55 PM
^^Why the heck would dallas need him? They already have Marion...

MJ-BULLS
07-14-2009, 07:57 PM
i would like to see odom with the mavs

KW93KB24
07-14-2009, 08:08 PM
odom for AMARE STOUDAMIRE or nash, if not LA better not let him walk also odom is being a greedy ***** LA is offering a little more than 9 million and were the only team that can offer him that

bleedprple&gold
07-14-2009, 08:10 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-odom14-2009jul14,0,6204069.story

By Broderick Turner
July 14, 2009
Lamar Odom sounded frustrated and hopeful at the same time.

He sounded frustrated he hasn't been able to come to terms with the Lakers on a contract. But he sounded hopeful he and the Lakers will get a deal done.

At the end of the day, Odom was asked, does he expect to be back playing for the Lakers next season?

"I don't know," Odom told The Times in a phone interview. "That's why there are negotiations. I don't know. Of course I hope they can get it done.

"It's negotiations. Both sides are going to give and take. That's part of it. I don't know how long it's going to take."

"Perhaps," Kupchak said. "I'm surprised it's taken this long to get to this point. Obviously, I have a lot more information than you guys do."

The Times has reported that Odom and his agent, Jeff Schwartz, are seeking $10 million a season. The Lakers have offered Odom a deal north of $9 million a season for the first three years.

Odom was asked what would happen if he doesn't get a deal from the Lakers.

"I don't know. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, it might be sunny," Odom said. "Who knows what's going to happen? But I remain hopeful that it gets done."

I dont know what his deal is at this point. If the Lakers offered something north of 9 mil why wouldn't he take that unless he wants to leave?

It has to do with the length of the contract. I think Odom wants like a 5 year deal, but the Lakers only want to give him 3 (why can't they compromise at 4?)

Mr.Nate30
07-14-2009, 08:22 PM
hes going la just not lal

DCB/LAL
07-14-2009, 08:23 PM
odom for AMARE STOUDAMIRE or nash, if not LA better not let him walk also odom is being a greedy ***** LA is offering a little more than 9 million and were the only team that can offer him that

Ive been saying that for the longest time now!!! Ha probably wouldnt come of the bench though but i say let Bynum come off the Bench hasn't shown to stay healthy plus he's young and has plenty of time to learn i say Odom Farmar and a First??? maybe??

KW93KB24
07-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Ive been saying that for the longest time now!!! Ha probably wouldnt come of the bench though but i say let Bynum come off the Bench hasn't shown to stay healthy plus he's young and has plenty of time to learn i say Odom Farmar and a First??? maybe??

hahahaha that would be unfair if we got Amare, but i hope we get him so every other team ***** their pants

static_inferno
07-14-2009, 08:40 PM
a lot of fans in here think Lamar will come to their team for just the MLE. Odom will not leave LA without LA getting something back. we are offering the most money, the best chance at winning, and a system that he knows and is comfortable with. Odom wants to come back to LA. he just feels that since guys like Hedo and Millsap are getting fat contracts he should as well, and rightfully so because Lamar is better than those guys, but that just shows you how much NBA teams are still overpaying subpar players. but unlike Hedo and Millsap, there isn't much of a market for Odom anymore. yeah a lot of teams want him but only for the MLE and why would Odom go to Dallas or Miami for the MLE when he can stay in LA for $9 mil a year?

lakers4sho
07-14-2009, 08:40 PM
For this Laker team I'd rather have Odom over Amare. At least Odom knows his role and is accepting.

I seriously doubt Amare would come off the bench and be 3rd or 4th option behind Kobe, Pau, and Artest.

bleedprple&gold
07-14-2009, 08:41 PM

Last year is guaranteed if he avgs 28 min/game next season I believe (he averaged 23 last year). So basically it is expiring because Mavs will make sure to play him less than 28 min/game.

KW93KB24
07-14-2009, 08:42 PM
For this Laker team I'd rather have Odom over Amare. At least Odom knows his role and is accepting.

I seriously doubt Amare would come off the bench and be 3rd or 4th option behind Kobe, Pau, and Artest.

who said Amare would come off the bench, bynum would most likely come off the bench

lakers4sho
07-14-2009, 08:42 PM

We'd still be way over the cap.

Do you think we're that stupid??

dodie53
07-14-2009, 08:50 PM
odom, farmar and 1st only?
for amare?
cmon

Teeboy1487
07-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Phoenix would never do that unless kerr is more stupid than I thought. Also, Amare's contract is too big and the lakers are already over the luxury tax which is getting smaller by the year. To top things off, he would have to come off the bench which he would not do anyway so no, no, and not in a million years.

DCB/LAL
07-14-2009, 08:56 PM
odom, farmar and 1st only?
for amare?
cmon

HAHA true true would take more than that put its a start plus might make Amares twitter come to reality!!!! :)

Come have some of what im :smoking: its some good s**t!!!

rapswin98
07-14-2009, 08:59 PM
hes going la just not lalthats what bos, cle, orl, and the spurs want, but the truth is odom has nowhere to go but stay in LAL.

mavs&colts
07-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Odom is a nice name for Dallas, but that's all. There isn't a dying need for him on the roster with Dirk, Marion, and Howard. The Mavs need to be looking at Cs and SGs. Laker fans, what's Bynum's availability? If you trade him for cap relief, won't signing Odom be easier?

That's what i was thinkin, we don't need any PF why do you think we let bass go so easily. I heard a rumor about philly gm got in contact with the rockets gm about offering S.Dalembert for T.Mcgrady but the rocket's turned the offer down. I wonder how much Ol Sammy is gettin paid and if we could work a package out to snab:shrug: Just an Idea

st3voness
07-14-2009, 09:04 PM
We'd still be way over the cap.

Do you think we're that stupid??

And?

You're going to be over the cap for 5 years.

DCB/LAL
07-14-2009, 09:08 PM
And?

You're going to be over the cap for 5 years.

Why would we improve your team without improving ours??? You know we'd probably have to face you guys in the playoffs so unless your giving up a key player on your team your probably wont be getting Odom not from LA atleast IMO

Bausman
07-14-2009, 09:09 PM

You guys got Nathan Jawai in that deal from the raptors for shawn marion?

yojoe792
07-14-2009, 09:11 PM
How many forwards do they need???

Young2Kinsler
07-14-2009, 09:14 PM
We all know Dirk can't play C, this guy is such an idiot. He's made so many names on PSD, he needs a lifetime ban. Anyways, Odom is nice, but just don't see how he fits here.

JJ_JKidd
07-14-2009, 09:16 PM
GOD@MM!T!!! The Mavs need a usable C and a SG not another PF or a SF!!!!!! IMHO Cuban is only interested in Odom as getting Odom makes him think that it would severely hurt the Lakers chances of repeating, which I also think. Screw you Cuban I support the Mavs but this is just "not good business!"

Imagine

Howard
Marion
Odom?

Odom will re-sign w/the Lakeers and they will repeat!!!

Mavs vs Lakers in WCF!

mavs&colts
07-14-2009, 09:39 PM
We all know Dirk can't play C, this guy is such an idiot. He's made so many names on PSD, he needs a lifetime ban. Anyways, Odom is nice, but just don't see how he fits here.

You guys talk so much trash about Dirk and how he's this and that, Look at his season and post-season number's and you have no choice but to put place him in the elite. He is a top ten caliber player who consistently averages 20+ and you all blame him for dallas not winning the championship vs miami, he averaged 27 PPG & 11 RPG and vs Denver 34.4 PPG 11.6 RPGwhat else do you want the man to do!!!!

st3voness
07-14-2009, 09:44 PM
You guys got Nathan Jawai in that deal from the raptors for shawn marion?

Yes, we did. And Greg Buckner.

DCB/LAL
07-14-2009, 09:46 PM
You guys talk so much trash about Dirk and how he's this and that, Look at his season and post-season number's and you have no choice but to put place him in the elite. He is a top ten caliber player who consistently averages 20+ and you all blame him for dallas not winning the championship vs miami, he averaged 27 PPG & 11 RPG and vs Denver 34.4 PPG 11.6 RPGwhat else do you want the man to do!!!!

Umm....he never said he wasn't top 10 or anything like that and pretty sure he watches him play seeing that he's also a Mavs fan all he said was that Dirk isn't a C oh and that you have made many accounts and should have a lifetime ban and also that your an idiot i didnt say it he did honestly go read it.:D

st3voness
07-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Why would we improve your team without improving ours??? You know we'd probably have to face you guys in the playoffs so unless your giving up a key player on your team your probably wont be getting Odom not from LA atleast IMO

You're right. LA has little to no reason to do this. But since he's not going to re-sign with the Lakers anyway (no matter how much you guys think or want him too), you should at least improve your bench because, as your bench stands now without the guy, trash.

J.J. Barea is better than Shannon Brown and Jordan Farmar combined.

Greg Buckner is simply a money-saving asset.

Who else do you want? Shawne Williams? I know we don't have a lot to offer, which ultimately is the reason why this deal probably won't happen at all, but you guys are getting something rather than nothing. Cuban is just using Odom as an example for the limitless possibilities Mavs' management can meddle with "The Buck Shot". It's a simple linear equation:

Greg Buckner + __________ + small Mavs' contracts = $9 mil player from a team that is looking to dump salary.

I'm excited to see how Cuban and Nelson play this one out..

Personally, I'd like to see Lamar Odom go to Portland. LA is weakened and Lamar gets his deal. He deserves it, IMO.

DCB/LAL
07-14-2009, 09:58 PM
You're right. LA has little to no reason to do this. But since he's not going to re-sign with the Lakers anyway (no matter how much you guys think or want him too), you should at least improve your bench because, as your bench stands now without the guy, trash.

Who else do you want? Shawne Williams? I know we don't have a lot to offer, which ultimately is the reason why this deal probably won't happen at all, but you guys are getting something rather than nothing. Cuban is just using Odom as an example for the limitless possibilities Mavs' management can meddle with "The Buck Shot". It's a simple linear equation:

Greg Buckner + __________ + small Mavs' contracts = $9 mil player from a team that is looking to dump salary.

Personally, I'd like to see Lamar Odom go to Portland. LA is weakened and Lamar gets his deal. He deserves it, IMO.

Yes i understand what your saying but theres the Heat who are rumored to be interested with michael beasley being involved in that rumor which is by himself more interesting than what you've "offered" and also the Suns are rumored to be interested and they might have something more interesting than what you think is enough!

tim
07-14-2009, 10:00 PM
If, and if it was to Phoenix... imo it would probably be for Barbosa + filler.

Barbosa would be a great PG for the Tri!

How about this?

Lakers incoming :: Barbosa [6.6], Wallace via s&t [1.5]

Suns incoming :: Odom via s&t [8] --5yr 40mil?

The only problem is that Mitch stated that the Lakers want to enter the season w/13 players.. This would put the Lakers @ 15.

I dont know... just an idea.

st3voness
07-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Yes i understand what your saying but theres the Heat who are rumored to be interested with michael beasley being involved in that rumor which is by himself more interesting than what you've "offered" and also the Suns are rumored to be interested and they might have something more interesting than what you think is enough!

Hey man, we don't know what's being discussed between our managements. It's funny how almost everyone on this forum thinks they know what's best for their team, but ironically, no trade ideas created by PSD members ever happen. So it's childish for us to think we're GMs in the NBA.

DCB/LAL
07-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey man, we don't know what's being discussed between our managements. It's funny how almost everyone on this forum thinks they know what's best for their team, but ironically, no trade ideas created by PSD members ever happen. So it's childish for us to think we're GMs in the NBA.

YES!!!!!!! I agree i mean just look at what this one guy said it'll make you laugh i promise its exactly what your talking about here read this.......

"I've read into this. The idea is to sign-and-trade Lamar Odom that allows him to get a 9-million dollar deal with the Mavericks and the Lakers take back little to no salary.

Mavs Receive:
Lamar Odom

Lakers Receive:

And yes, LA management would consider this and really don't care if you LA PSD members like it or not because the odds of Odom coming back are slim. F.O. has accepted that fact; time for you guys to do the same. "

Oh im sorry was that you??:pity::D

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2009, 10:15 PM

:speechless::speechless::speechless:
oh my god...:clap::clap::clap:

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2009, 10:17 PM

thanks for those infos...

and no way we do that...

even if its an expring..because next year fisher and ammo will be off the books so their money will go to lamar for next year..

st3voness
07-14-2009, 11:02 PM
YES!!!!!!! I agree i mean just look at what this one guy said it'll make you laugh i promise its exactly what your talking about here read this.......

"I've read into this. The idea is to sign-and-trade Lamar Odom that allows him to get a 9-million dollar deal with the Mavericks and the Lakers take back little to no salary.

Mavs Receive:
Lamar Odom

Lakers Receive:

And yes, LA management would consider this and really don't care if you LA PSD members like it or not because the odds of Odom coming back are slim. F.O. has accepted that fact; time for you guys to do the same. "

Oh im sorry was that you??:pity::D

Meaning I read it. Not concoct it myself. Good job making yourself look like a dumbass.

jdricks
07-14-2009, 11:16 PM
They cant afford him, they have nothing the lakers want or need.

Illuminati
07-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Meaning I read it. Not concoct it myself. Good job making yourself look like a dumbass.

the trade would not workout because the mavs would need to trade the lakers back an equal salary between the both of them equals about 5 million dollars in salary there being 5 million short of the 10 million dollars contract lamar is willing to sign for. So yeah not only would the lakers never consider trading odom for those two scrubs the nba would not allow it.

st3voness
07-14-2009, 11:59 PM
the trade would not workout because the mavs would need to trade the lakers back an equal salary between the both of them equals about 5 million dollars in salary there being 5 million short of the 10 million dollars contract lamar is willing to sign for. So yeah not only would the lakers never consider trading odom for those two scrubs the nba would not allow it.

Actually, it would work if you used your trade exception money with Radmanovic and Mihm.

Illuminati
07-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Actually, it would work if you used your trade exception money with Radmanovic and Mihm.

why would they waste that to only get two scrubs in return is the question? Lakers would rather let him walk to miami for the MLE.

DCB/LAL
07-15-2009, 12:07 AM

Hey man your the one saying what "LA managment would consider" and what not im just saying beasley would seem more intriguing than what you claim "LA managment would consider" LA wants to improve their team which is why they want Odom back but if it dont work out im sure they'd do a sign and trade but for the right players JJB is a PG which we have 3 at the moment dont see why we need a 4th Beasley makes more sense but this also depends on Odom and where he'd wanna go i guess

KungFu Pandavol
07-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Why would the Mavs trade for him? Odom's problem is that he wants longevity, not HUGE money. The Mavericks could give him 7-8 mil over 5 years and the Lakers obviously don't want to do that. It could also be a replacement for Josh Howard next year. It's possible that the Mavs just might swoop in and give him the years he wants.

#1Mavericksfan
07-15-2009, 12:11 AM
They cant afford him, they have nothing the lakers want or need.

Ok buddy the "Mavs don't have anything the Lakers want".......everytime I come on hear I expect to see a negative from you about the Mavs, all you and the rest of the Heat fans now how to do is hate on the Mavs for no reason....stop hating!

Storch
07-15-2009, 12:14 AM
the addition of amare would be a step backwards to our defensive upgrade ...

plpfctn
07-15-2009, 12:17 AM
lakers offered him 9 million a year. the mavs would have to offer him like 11 million to this guy who has never made an allstar team. don't think the mavs will offer him that. and sign and trade would be difficult b/c the lakers don't want anyone from the mavs except dirk. very unlikely. in the end, odom will return to the lakers.

plpfctn
07-15-2009, 12:18 AM
odom's agent jeff schwartz is known for being a tight A55.

SouljahPhil...
07-15-2009, 12:25 AM
9 mil for 3 years = 27 mil...

mle for 5 years = 34-36 mil...

If LO is smart I would take the LA deal...He can have another contract by age 33..even for the mle..lol

banglawiz
07-15-2009, 12:43 AM

Can You Just Plz tell Me Why the **** would the Lakers Use all there Resources and make the team worse (Cuz we are better w/o JJ) and Make a team that we might face in the playoff better so they can have a chance to beat us?? This is not Russia My friend we don't practice COMMUNISM We Believe in Free Will and Competition...:rolleyes::cool:;)

Since i Know ur 5yr old brain is not old enough to comprehend simple things like this...let me explain this to u in baby steps... :o:eyebrow: :)

Free Will: Lakers can do what they want so...they really dont have to take Crap back from the Mavs to help them Sign LO.

LO has the free will to chose less money to sign with the mavs if he wishes to...but he is not a fool like you to take less money to go to a team where he will get less pay and less of a chance to win a ring (compared to Lakers ) okk ...did u get that???:rolleyes:

Also Everything in the US is about Competition (Capitalism my friend :D) more so in Pro sports so teams try to get ahead of the competition not take step back to pick up and help the competition who might have ****en fallen to the ground in the race to the top.

Sorry for my Language ***** but the system will keep it PG for U now go cry to ur mommy and tell her to find u a Pacifier....

ggg
07-15-2009, 12:44 AM
analyzing where odom could be is fun coz he is proven that he can play up tempo and half court offense but at the end of the day we wanna be selfish and not give our Xfactor for somethin less or a chemically unbalanced personality so hopefully an answer will come up by tomorrow.

still1ballin
07-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Kevin Kouzmanoff

GoatMilk
07-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Kevin Kouzmanoff

Rick Porcello

DCB/LAL
07-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Rick Porcello

Mike Jones....WHO:shrug:........Mike Jones

STAT1
07-15-2009, 12:51 AM
You laker fans need to stop. Greedier than Jews.

GoatMilk
07-15-2009, 12:51 AM
no, Joseph Addai

KungFu Pandavol
07-15-2009, 12:58 AM
lakers offered him 9 million a year. the mavs would have to offer him like 11 million to this guy who has never made an allstar team. don't think the mavs will offer him that. and sign and trade would be difficult b/c the lakers don't want anyone from the mavs except dirk. very unlikely. in the end, odom will return to the lakers.

I love how Laker fans on here bash Odom when another team wants to spend the money on him by saying negative things like "Ohh he isn't worth that, you can waste your money" and "give all that money to a player who has'nt made an all-star game"

Then you turn it around and say "Ohh we need Odom!!!"

Make up your mind. Is he garbage or not?

still1ballin
07-15-2009, 01:00 AM
Eric Bedard

Lakerfrk
07-15-2009, 01:08 AM
You laker fans need to stop. Greedier than Jews.

Can someone ban him for this? I am utterly offended and disgusted...

Statik1
07-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Can someone ban him for this? I am utterly offended and disgusted...

I'm actually flattered :D

IRUAM #21
07-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Eric Bedard

Dan Uggla.

SouljahPhil...
07-15-2009, 01:38 AM
I love how Laker fans on here bash Odom when another team wants to spend the money on him by saying negative things like "Ohh he isn't worth that, you can waste your money" and "give all that money to a player who has'nt made an all-star game"

Then you turn it around and say "Ohh we need Odom!!!"

Make up your mind. Is he garbage or not?

In between..LOL..

there saying it because LO doesnt deserve more than 10 miilion...

Lakers offered him 9 mil per year for 3 years and he didn't even replied to the front office...

Bosh=nextKG
07-15-2009, 01:49 AM
I hope with anyone besides the Lakers, but if he's smart, he'll sign with a team for only one year and he can play well this year and be the consolation prize once Bosh, Wade, and Lebron has been signed

GoatMilk
07-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Billy Butler

IRUAM #21
07-15-2009, 01:55 AM
Magglio Ordonez

Lost Art
07-15-2009, 02:01 AM
$9 million dollars a year would be WAY more than Odom is worth. What the hell is he doing? I think that is an EXTREMELY generous offer from the Lakers. I've been watching this guy for years and he's a 6-7 million dollar player. He's being greedy. If this is going to be his position, good riddance. I'm sick of his disappearing acts and this is really the last straw. Let him go play for a perennial loser and collect his check.

IRUAM #21
07-15-2009, 02:05 AM
Ichiro

Vasherpick6
07-15-2009, 02:25 AM
Scott Downs

IRUAM #21
07-15-2009, 02:26 AM
Roy Halladay

RollinDeep
07-15-2009, 02:27 AM
Pujols or GTFO.

IRUAM #21
07-15-2009, 02:28 AM
Coco Crisp

RollinDeep
07-15-2009, 02:35 AM
Milton Bradley

MTar786
07-15-2009, 02:50 AM
things dont look good for LA
But maybe they pulled the offer to scare odom.. n this is nothing more than a poker move.. odom can either get scared n quickly sign with la and swallow his pride or he can call their bluff n forget LA

either way i feel LA is screwing odom.. he's 29 and they wanna give him 3 years for less money??? its not fair cuz he'll be worth like 5 when he's 32. they should offer him 5 years at 9 to make up for giving him a lot less now. its the years in the contract he's worried about. I really dont see why he'd cry over 1 mil

if we HAVE to sign n trade.. id only be happy with LO for josh howard.. but id still rather keep lamar. unless we somehow get lucky n trade LO and walton for howard n jet LOL :)

Oracleboy25
07-15-2009, 03:26 AM
He will stay in LA!
It's either the cash or the ring?
If he's smart he would take the ring lol

dee279
07-15-2009, 03:47 AM

:eyebrow: U gotta be dumb to think Dirk can play Center. SMH.

JOSKOMANG4
07-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Lakers acquire C/PF Amare Stoudamire and SF Azubuike

Suns acquire C Andris Biedrins, PF/SF Lamar Odom(signed 5yr 42.5 (8.5mill yearly) and Lakers 2010 1st rd pick.

Warriors acquire C Andrew Bynum and Suns 2010 2nd rd pick.

Lineup Outlook:

Lakers:

C: Amare Stoudamire/D.J. Mbenga / C. Elonu*
PF: Pau Gasol/Josh Powell
SF: Ron Artest/Luke Walton/K.Azuibuike/Adam Morrison
SG: Kobe Bryant*/Sasha Vujacic/Shannon Brown^/Sun Yue#
PG: Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar

Suns:

C: A. Biedrins/Channing Frye/Robin Lopez
PF: Lamar Odom/Louis Amudson#/ Earl Clark*/Taylor Griffin*
SF: Grant Hill/Alando Tucker/Jared Dudley/Emir Preldvic*
SG: Jason Richardson/Leandro Barbosa/Sasho Pavlovic/Von Wafer
PG: Steve Nash/Goran Dragic

Warriors:

C: Andrew Bynum/Ronny Turiaf
PF: Brandon Wright/Antohny Randolph
SF: Corey Maggette/Stephen Jackson
SG: Stephen Curry*/Anthony Morrow/Marco Belinelli
PG: Monta Ellis/Speedy Claxton/ A.C. Law

Ideas???

RollinDeep
07-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Didn't Stoudemire hate playing center? Also considering the fact he refuses to play defense, and the lakers don't need to trade for another SF.

IRUAM #21
07-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Hanley Ramirez

JayW_1023
07-15-2009, 01:02 PM
First Ariza...now Odom. They suddenly feel high and mighty after Kobe and Gasol carried them to their first championship. And the team is in a position to win at least two more rings. I just don't understand this.

They are gonna be sorry they overrated themselves in the present for more cash instead of their careers being overrated in the future because of them winning multiple NBA titles.

QUICKTRADE
07-15-2009, 01:18 PM
no the fo wants to maintain the winning core but when this guys have the ring they choose to have their money instead of the legacy they are supposed to have. they should follow shannon brown way bec if he win another ring and become a prime PG then he could commend more money in the future.

sep11ie
07-15-2009, 01:21 PM
He's going to Houston...

Sports Illustrator
07-15-2009, 01:22 PM
I think he will stay with the Lakers. I predict that sooner or later he will end up coming to an agreement with the Lakers.

He's been with them for many years and the Lakers really like Odom. He is very well to be considered part of their success.

daleja424
07-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Ric Bucher just reported on ESPN that Odom to Miami is the likliest scenario....

Giantwarrior
07-15-2009, 01:33 PM
i think at the end of the day he will be with the Lakers. Otherwise i think it will be a sign and trade senario because i dont think any other team has the cap space. the lakers will get someone back in return.

what do you think about a sign and trade to the rockets for Ariza?

Gibby23
07-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Ric Bucher just reported on ESPN that Odom to Miami is the likliest scenario....

A couple of years ago he also said there is no way Kobe is in a Laker jersey ever again, and 2 weeks ago said there was no thruth to the Artest to Lakers rumors.

dynastyredsox29
07-15-2009, 01:42 PM
the blazers will get him becuase millsap will go back to utah because boozer will get traded to chicago

still1ballin
07-15-2009, 01:43 PM
A couple of years ago he also said there is no way Kobe is in a Laker jersey ever again, and 2 weeks ago said there was no thruth to the Artest to Lakers rumors.

beasely for odom :drool:

AsfanSince99
07-15-2009, 01:48 PM

He'll end up on the toilet shiitting out M&M's.

daleja424
07-15-2009, 01:51 PM
beasely for odom :drool:

uhhhhh...NO. It would be with odom signing for the MLE with miami

breedlove2drug
07-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Lakers acquire C/PF Amare Stoudamire and SF Azubuike

Suns acquire C Andris Biedrins, PF/SF Lamar Odom(signed 5yr 42.5 (8.5mill yearly) and Lakers 2010 1st rd pick.

Warriors acquire C Andrew Bynum and Suns 2010 2nd rd pick.

Lineup Outlook:

Lakers:

C: Amare Stoudamire/D.J. Mbenga / C. Elonu*
PF: Pau Gasol/Josh Powell
SF: Ron Artest/Luke Walton/K.Azuibuike/Adam Morrison
SG: Kobe Bryant*/Sasha Vujacic/Shannon Brown^/Sun Yue#
PG: Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar

Suns:

C: A. Biedrins/Channing Frye/Robin Lopez
PF: Lamar Odom/Louis Amudson#/ Earl Clark*/Taylor Griffin*
SF: Grant Hill/Alando Tucker/Jared Dudley/Emir Preldvic*
SG: Jason Richardson/Leandro Barbosa/Sasho Pavlovic/Von Wafer
PG: Steve Nash/Goran Dragic

Warriors:

C: Andrew Bynum/Ronny Turiaf
PF: Brandon Wright/Antohny Randolph
SF: Corey Maggette/Stephen Jackson
SG: Stephen Curry*/Anthony Morrow/Marco Belinelli
PG: Monta Ellis/Speedy Claxton/ A.C. Law

Ideas???
We will never trade Bynum... the Front office will never consider that

still1ballin
07-15-2009, 01:54 PM

LMAO......Odom for Beasely makes more sense the Odom signing for MLE with the heat.

Vidball
07-15-2009, 01:55 PM

Why would he turn down $36M/4yrs with the Champs to take a MLE contract with the Heat?

breedlove2drug
07-15-2009, 01:56 PM

It's been reported that Ric Bucher is a homosexual...

I doubt that will happen

Teeboy1487
07-15-2009, 01:57 PM
He is not going to take the mle to sign with a mediocre team anyway, so no.

daleja424
07-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Why would he turn down $36M/4yrs with the Champs to take a MLE contract with the Heat?

1. he wants 5 years
2. that offer has been taken off the table so the mle is his only option...

xdoubleZx
07-15-2009, 02:01 PM
im seing detroit

Gibby23
07-15-2009, 02:19 PM
1. he wants 5 years
2. that offer has been taken off the table so the mle is his only option...

He wants 5 years at 10 million not 6 million.

ldawg
07-15-2009, 02:20 PM

maybe he just want to start thats the only thing i could think of or maby he want to play far from home so he can cheat because that is crazy. The thing with odom is La wanted him to be 2nd option that did not went well so he is at best maybe a good 3rd to 4th option but a hell of a 6th man. So most teams will not pay him that much to be 3rd to 4th option must less a 6th man i don't know what he is thinking. And if he goes to a team to be 2nd option that team will most likely suck. I know he had success with Miami but does days are gone to try and relive them he is a fool. Miami would need more than a soft Odom and a broke foot Oneal in order to beat to top teams.

RyderRyfle
07-15-2009, 02:25 PM
La.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-15-2009, 02:41 PM
LO's goin to Denver.

cav_till_i_die
07-15-2009, 02:50 PM
The best the Mavs can offer is the MLE and the Lakers are offering $8+ million. The chances of Odom signing with the Mavs is unlikely unless the clear up some cap space. Or maybe a sign & trade possibility..

you are stupid laker fan..... they had 7 mill for gortat and now they have that again.... they can offer more than the MLE hahah get facts

breedlove2drug
07-15-2009, 02:52 PM
you are stupid laker fan..... they had 7 mill for gortat and now they have that again.... they can offer more than the MLE hahah get facts

you just called a moderator "stupid".

smart move fagg0t

SouljahPhil...
07-15-2009, 02:52 PM

wow..your the dumbest....check your own facts before calling anyone stupid.... have you check the mavs salary..?.Oh my god you look like an idiot...

breedlove2drug
07-15-2009, 02:54 PM

haha... just kill yourself dude..

You really don't know what you're talking about.