PDA

View Full Version : What would your team offer for Roy Halladay?

Pages : [1] 2

Nadhi1
07-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Am a blue jays fan, I dont want to see halladay leave :cry: but he might leave in free agency a year from know soo... I want to know what would you offer for arguably the best pitcher in the game? AND they must be reasonable trades.

Havoc Wreaker
07-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Paul Bako
Greg Dobbs
Rodrigo Lopez
Miguel Cairo

AND THIS (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382188)

hgtiger32
07-14-2009, 01:32 PM
how about....

J.J. Hardy
Carlos Villanueva
Angel Salome or Jonathon Lucroy...both catchers
Taylor Green
Jeremy Jeffres
***if need be Corey Hart

throw in a Travis Snider, OF with Halladay if we include Corey Hart

torontomania
07-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Paul Bako
Greg Dobbs
Rodrigo Lopez
Miguel Cairo

AND THIS (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382188)

Hey bud. Are you high?? All these guys are old and suck. These guys wouldn't even get john mcdonald. IT SAYS TO PUT RESONALBLE TRADES! AND THIS IS JUST **** UP. if your not going to be serious don't write at all

donnie23
07-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Joba/Hughes pick 1
Romine/Jackson pick 1
Brackman/McCallister/Betances pick 2

Dark Donnie
07-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Hey bud. Are you high?? All these guys are old and suck. These guys wouldn't even get john mcdonald. IT SAYS TO PUT RESONALBLE TRADES! AND THIS IS JUST **** UP. if your not going to be serious don't write at all

Throw in Bruntlett?

AirJordanXVIII
07-14-2009, 01:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHhAhAAHAHAHAHA..... wow.

We'll give you

Drabek
Marson
Carascco
Happ

TheNewbster
07-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Dodgers; Not enough.

My point in this post is not to be like that previous post of sarcasm in listing old players; it's to point out that the market simply isn't ready for a guy like Halladay. If this was a year or so ago, definitely. However the money he has left on his contract....good luck convincing a team to part with a COUPLE top prospects as well as taking on a contract of that size. In my opinion, it's simply impossible.

With that said, as a Blue Jay fan, would you in turn be willing to take on some salary, or are you purely in this for the prospects/small contracts? If you're willing to take a contract or two back that are a couple million or so, then perhaps a trade can occur.

Cooshman
07-14-2009, 01:48 PM
HAHAHAHAHhAhAAHAHAHAHA..... wow.

We'll give you

Drabek
Marson
Carascco
Happ

Swap Marson with Donald and you have a deal!

TO to the CHI
07-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Dodgers; Not enough.

My point in this post is not to be like that previous post of sarcasm in listing old players; it's to point out that the market simply isn't ready for a guy like Halladay. If this was a year or so ago, definitely. However the money he has left on his contract....good luck convincing a team to part with a COUPLE top prospects as well as taking on a contract of that size. In my opinion, it's simply impossible.

With that said, as a Blue Jay fan, would you in turn be willing to take on some salary, or are you purely in this for the prospects/small contracts? If you're willing to take a contract or two back that are a couple million or so, then perhaps a trade can occur.

that was a good one; you had me going for a minute there; oh wait, you were serious.......bwahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

Halladay's deal is not expensive at all; he is paid below market and that is one of the benefits of getting him

Chickenfin
07-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Edwin Jackson
Hu/Dejuses pick one
Blake Dewitt
Xavier Paul

Pinstripe pride
07-14-2009, 01:51 PM
that was a good one; you had me going for a minute there; oh wait, you were serious.......bwahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

Halladay's deal is not expensive at all; he is paid below market and that is one of the benefits of getting him

part of the trade i resigning halladay. not many teams will trade for him if they know they won't have him after next season. His contrqact will be huge after free agency. Cheap now may be a benifit, but expensive as hell later is not.

SidTheKid
07-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Shelley Duncan and Melky Cabrera.

Lincecum
07-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Fred Lewis
Bob Howry :)

todu82
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Jon Lester
Clay Bucholz
Lars Anderson
Dustin Pedroia or Jed Lowrie

hgtiger32
07-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Jon Lester
Clay Bucholz
Lars Anderson

^^^^HAHA LMAO!!!!....NOT!!! that was just stupid

Havoc Wreaker
07-14-2009, 02:09 PM

Did you click the link? it means THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS ALREADY so we DO NOT NEED ANOTHER ONE

Havoc Wreaker
07-14-2009, 02:17 PM

Did you click the link? it means THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS ALREADY so we DO NOT NEED ANOTHER ONE

JOSKOMANG4
07-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Most Possible destination w/ trade chips!

- Braves

Braves acquire 1b Lyle Overbay & Roy Halladay

Blue Jays acquire 1b Kasey Kotchman, OF Jordan Schafer, C Flowers, and pitchers Kris Medlan & Brett Devall.

-Phillies

Phillies acquire 3b Scott Rolen & Roy Halladay from Blue Jays.

Blue Jays acquire 3b Dobbs, OF Taylor, IF Jason Donald, SP's Drabek & Carlos Carrasco

Yankees(sleeper pick)

- Yankees acquire CF Vernon Wells, 1b Lyle Overbay, & Roy Halladay

- Blue Jays acquire OF Austin Jackson, SP Philip Hughes & Ian Kennedy, OF Hideki Matsui(big contract but expiring), C Austin Romine, and 3b Eric Duncan

Brewers

- Brewers acquire OF Alex Rios, 3b Scott Rolen, and SP Roy Halladay

- Blue Jays acquire OF Corey Hart, SS JJ Hardy, C Lucroy, RHP Cody Scarpetta and RHP Jefferies, and 3b Matt Gamel

Angels

- Angels acquire 1b Lyle Overbay & SP Roy Halladay

- Blue Jays acquire 1b Quinlan, 3b/SS Brandon Wood, SP Dustin Moseley, C Conger, RHP Jepson

Rockies

- Rockies acquire OF Alex Rios & SP Roy Halladay

- Blue Jays acquire OF Ian Stewart, Jhoulys Chacin, RHP, Christian Friedrich, LHP, Darin Holcomb, 3B, and C Michael McKenry

Akagaminosteven
07-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Edwin Jackson
Hu/Dejuses pick one
Blake Dewitt
Xavier Paul

;)

chiefman
07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Garrett Atkins
Ryan spilborghs
Jorge De Le Rosa
Prospect (Chris Nelson)
Im not sure though that the Rox can take on that kind of contract though? Even though it seems to be a fairly good trade?

IBleedPurple
07-14-2009, 03:06 PM

- Braves

Blue Jays acquire 1b Kasey Kotchman, OF Jordan Schafer, C Flowers, and pitchers Kris Medlan & Brett Devall.

-Phillies

Blue Jays acquire 3b Dobbs, OF Taylor, IF Jason Donald, SP's Drabek & Carlos Carrasco

Yankees(sleeper pick)

- Blue Jays acquire OF Austin Jackson, SP Philip Hughes & Ian Kennedy, OF Hideki Matsui(big contract but expiring), C Austin Romine, and 3b Eric Duncan

Brewers

- Blue Jays acquire OF Corey Hart, SS JJ Hardy, C Lucroy, RHP Cody Scarpetta and RHP Jefferies, and 3b Matt Gamel

Angels

- Blue Jays acquire 1b Quinlan, 3b/SS Brandon Wood, SP Dustin Moseley, C Conger, RHP Jepson

Rockies

- Blue Jays acquire OF Ian Stewart, Jhoulys Chacin, RHP, Christian Friedrich, LHP, Darin Holcomb, 3B, and C Michael McKenry

Rockies have some of the cheapest owners in the MLB. They can't lock up Halladay long term. So I'd offer a box of Cracker Jacks, get laughed at, and move on.

Pinstripe pride
07-14-2009, 03:11 PM

- Braves

-Phillies

Yankees(sleeper pick)

Brewers

Angels

Rockies

I can't speak for the other teams, but there are a few problems with the yanks. 1st, we don't need a first basemen and will not be taking overbay. Second Ian kennedy is currently on the DL and can't be traded. 3RD, eric duncan has little value to the jays and would be unwanted by them. 4th, the jays aren;t going to dump a big contract in wells and pick one up in matsui. The best option you presented I'd say is the phillies, with the angels behind that.

Havoc Wreaker
07-14-2009, 03:19 PM
JOKSOMANG shows up ever once in a while to present ridiculous/impossible trade scenarios

No way in hell Rolen wears a philly uniform ever again

Lincecum4CY
07-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Jon Lester
Clay Bucholz
Lars Anderson

Don't forget to add in Kevin Youkalis and Jason Bay.

Zaunnie
07-14-2009, 03:33 PM

- Braves

Tyler Flowers aint a brave

jaysrocksox
07-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Jon Lester
Clay Bucholz
Lars Anderson

^^^^HAHA LMAO!!!!....NOT!!! that was just stupid

Unfortunately, that's the type of deal it's gonna take to get him.

thedfactor
07-14-2009, 04:01 PM
The Giants could offer Either Sanchez or Sadowzki with Howry and John Bowker. I don't know exactly what the Jays are after, but there they get two young prospects for starting pitching and a young stud outfielder. Not sure if they Giants would want to part with Bowker though. For Halladay I would.

Lincecum, Halladay, Cain, Johnson, Zito is sick...minus Zito of course.

Mythman13
07-14-2009, 04:02 PM
From the Red Sox the Jays apparently want:
Bucholz
Bard
Masterson
Lars Anderson
Halladay is by far my favorite pitcher in the game but even I would never give all them up, I know Lars is slumpin in AAA but all those guys are our future
No doubt we would win it all for sure this year with Halladay though

Dark Donnie
07-14-2009, 04:05 PM
The Giants could offer Either Sanchez or Sadowzki with Howry and John Bowker. I don't know exactly what the Jays are after, but there they get two young prospects for starting pitching and a young stud outfielder. Not sure if they Giants would want to part with Bowker though. For Halladay I would.

Lincecum, Halladay, Cain, Johnson, Zito is sick...minus Zito of course.

They'd want a top pitching prospect

TheNewbster
07-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Edwin Jackson
Hu/Dejuses pick one
Blake Dewitt
Xavier Paul

wth...Edwin Jackson? :confused:

WoodandNails
07-14-2009, 04:40 PM
72 virgins.

Rylinkus
07-14-2009, 04:43 PM
This really isn't a thread of what a team WOULD trade, but more whom fans would trade based on biases and whom the team actually has. Inaccurate title.

hgtiger32
07-14-2009, 05:14 PM

- Braves

-Phillies

Yankees(sleeper pick)

Brewers

Angels

Rockies

i'll tell every fan from every other team...Alcides Escobar and Mat Gamel are NOT going to be traded - they are not even available so get that out of your head

i really like that trade just leave the 3rd basemen's (gamel and rolen) out of the trade and ill definetly do that trade

jetsfan718
07-14-2009, 05:23 PM
im a yankee fan and we dont need halladay cuz were going to win the ship without him id rather watch arod go back to back on him no homo then him be on my team

cwilson21
07-14-2009, 05:29 PM

- Braves

-Phillies

Yankees(sleeper pick)

Brewers

Angels

Rockies

Why would the Jays want a guy who has single-handedly ****ed up his career and is one strike away from being perma-banned from professional baseball?

Life'sABrees
07-14-2009, 05:36 PM
I can't speak for the other teams, but there are a few problems with the yanks. 1st, we don't need a first basemen and will not be taking overbay. Second Ian kennedy is currently on the DL and can't be traded. 3RD, eric duncan has little value to the jays and would be unwanted by them. 4th, the jays aren;t going to dump a big contract in wells and pick one up in matsui. The best option you presented I'd say is the phillies, with the angels behind that.

I agree with most of this but Matsui's contract ends after this year... Wells has a 5 year 100 million dollar contract so if you're the Jays this part definitely makes sense

StevenStrasburg
07-14-2009, 05:39 PM
You can have:
A-rod 4 prez (PLEASE take him)
Jordan Zimmerman
Mike Rizzo
Ted Lerner
Austin Kearns
Dimitri Young

No, but honestly, I don't think the organization would trade Zimmerman, Strasburg, or Harper (yeah, I know, premature, but we can hope) for Halladay because of the mass potential that they (esp. Strasburg and Harper) represent. I agree that Halladay is arguably the best pitcher in baseball, but he'll want a huge contract, he's 32, and we'll have these guys locked up for a long time.

And by the way, before I get any wiseass comments- "Stephen" didn't fit.

WSU Tony
07-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Joba/Hughes pick 1
Romine/Jackson pick 1
Brackman/McCallister/Betances pick 2

Weren't you the one not willing to part with Hughes or Joba for Santana? Now, two years later, after seeing them play for a few years your willing to trade them?

Again, the hype machine of NY shows its face.

Rylinkus
07-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Weren't you the one not willing to part with Hughes or Joba for Santana? Now, two years later, after seeing them play for a few years your willing to trade them?

Halladay is better :eyebrow: And he's under control longer.

oak2455
07-14-2009, 05:45 PM

Hey soon you'll be out of that Gabage bag, they call the Homer Dome:) Btw you guys got screwed on that deal it was pretty funny, who's left from that deal for you guys??:confused::confused::confused: Your G.M blew that one trying to work The Sox against the Yanks:eyebrow:

Bozarkian
07-14-2009, 05:52 PM
To Yankees

Alex Rios
Roy Halladay

To Blue Jays

Joba Chamberlain
Melky Cabrera
Francisco Cervelli
Ramiro Pena
Zach McAllister

torontosports10
07-14-2009, 05:55 PM
To Yankees

Alex Rios
Roy Halladay

To Blue Jays

Joba Chamberlain
Melky Cabrera
Francisco Cervelli
Ramiro Pena
Zach McAllister

zomg how could we resist that package:eyebrow:

2009mvp
07-14-2009, 05:57 PM
im a yankee fan and we dont need halladay cuz were going to win the ship without him id rather watch arod go back to back on him no homo then him be on my team

:laugh: Greatest post ever. (No homo ;))

Bozarkian
07-14-2009, 05:58 PM
To Redsox

Roy Halladay

To Blue Jays

Justin Masterson
Clay Buchholz
Jed Lowrie
Mark Wagner

Bozarkian
07-14-2009, 05:59 PM
zomg how could we resist that package:eyebrow:

fiiiiine :mad:
Austin Romine instead of Cervelli

cwilson21
07-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Halladay is better :eyebrow: And he's under control longer.

Since Santana became a full-time starter in '04, the stats would say otherwise.

Bozarkian
07-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Since Santana became a full-time starter in '04, the stats would say otherwise.

Santana likes boys

Bozarkian
07-14-2009, 06:04 PM
most possible destination w/ trade chips!

- braves

braves acquire 1b lyle overbay & roy halladay

blue jays acquire 1b kasey kotchman, of jordan schafer, c flowers, and pitchers kris medlan & brett devall.

Braves don't have Flowers anymore...
remember...they got Vazquez?

soxfan79
07-14-2009, 06:20 PM
I dont think the sox will chase halladay, unless the price goes down considerably. How would this work out:

Bowden
Masterson
Lowrie
Hagadone
Kalish

The Jays get a top starting prospect, a major league starter/reliever, a shortstop, a good relief prospect, and an ok outfield prospect.

DewsSox79
07-14-2009, 06:33 PM
:speechless:

- Braves

-Phillies

Yankees(sleeper pick)

Brewers

Angels

Rockies

he is with the whitesox now

TO to the CHI
07-14-2009, 06:33 PM
I dont think the sox will chase halladay, unless the price goes down considerably. How would this work out:

Bowden
Masterson
Lowrie
Hagadone
Kalish

The Jays get a top starting prospect, a major league starter/reliever, a shortstop, a good relief prospect, and an ok outfield prospect.

definitely; a great offer; why would the Jays want Bucholz or Anderson your top prospects, when they can have a pupu platter.

Who comes up with these ideas.

Let's do Youkilis, Lester, Papelbon, Bay, and Beckett for Halladay, Rios, Scott Downs, and Jason Frasor. I know that it seems like the Jays are giving up too much, but let's roll the dice on this one.

DewsSox79
07-14-2009, 06:34 PM
not worth giving up talent for him.

caseyrh
07-14-2009, 06:47 PM
From the dodgers i would give you
Loney,
Broxton,
And whatever prospect you wanted.

Wiz kids
07-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Why would anyone give up big time prospects for someone whose best years are behind him, not to mention he's 32.

North Yorker
07-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Why would anyone give up big time prospects for someone whose best years are behind him, not to mention he's 32.

n00b alert.

You're right, why would a team give up good prospects to get the best pitcher in the game under control for 1.5 years and would automatically be a WS contender:rolleyes:

donnie23
07-14-2009, 07:09 PM

Yep, I was anti Santana because he would require Hughes + a 7 year mega deal. I still don't want to lose Hughes or Joba but for 2 runs at a WS with Burnett and CC, I am getting greedy.

Zaunnie
07-14-2009, 07:32 PM

facepalm

ugafan
07-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Tommy Hanson and Bobby Cox

torontomania
07-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Blue jays only want pitching prospects and maybe 1 SS prospect. There pitching prospects suck. With this, i thinkm he's going to go to boston.

To Toronto:
J.Lowrie
Masterson
Lester
Bard or Buchholz

FOR HALLADAY

johnnylee722
07-14-2009, 08:01 PM
F-Mart, Murphy, Parnell and Neise for Halladay and Wells

StevenStrasburg
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Blue jays only want pitching prospects and maybe 1 SS prospect. There pitching prospects suck. With this, i thinkm he's going to go to boston.

To Toronto:
J.Lowrie
Masterson
Lester
Bard or Buchholz

FOR HALLADAY

Boston's giving up way too much in that deal. Probably more like:

Buchholz (they're showcasing him against Toronto)
Kalish
Bowden
Westmoreland
Redick
possibly Lowrie

that's much more realistic, maybe a lot of players though

Young2Kinsler
07-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Blue Jays get:
Kasey Kiker
Blake Beaven
Chris Davis
Marcus Lemon
Engle Beltre
Max Ramirez

Rangers get:
Halladay and 48 hours for an extension.

North Yorker
07-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Blue Jays get:
Kasey Kiker
Blake Beaven
Chris Davis
Marcus Lemon
Engle Beltre
Max Ramirez

Rangers get:
Halladay and 48 hours for an extension.

Ummm, when you include one or two of your TOP 5 specs, then it would be a slight possibility.

jim51990
07-14-2009, 10:26 PM
clay bucholz and michael bowden/daniel bard

jim51990
07-14-2009, 10:27 PM
and for the people saying lester hes not going anywhere
unless its him for roy straight up hes not moving

MarkieMark48
07-14-2009, 10:31 PM
and for the people saying lester hes not going anywhere
unless its him for roy straight up hes not moving

then make sure you know Boston has no chance at getting him then

jim51990
07-14-2009, 10:37 PM

why is that when they have
clay one of the top pitching prospect in baseball
bowden - considered a font man in the rotation potential
lars anderson - top prospect
bard - closer of the future

so if the red sox offerd a combination of 3 of those players im pretty sure toronto would do it
they would only attempt to get roy to make a 3 head monster of him beck and lester

BluejaysFan08
07-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Kershaw!

brewersfan729
07-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Some of these deals are just awful.

I'd offer:

SS Alcides Escobar
2B Brett Lawrie
3B Taylor Green
SP Evan Anundsen
SP Cody Scarpetta

And I'd take Rios or Rolen if Toronto wanted to dump salary.

SHOCKEY80
07-14-2009, 11:26 PM
1st round pick
austin jackson
melky cabrera
CMW
jesus montero

brewersfan729
07-14-2009, 11:41 PM
1st round pick
austin jackson
melky cabrera
CMW
jesus montero

You can't trade picks in baseball.

2009mvp
07-14-2009, 11:57 PM

To Toronto:
J.Lowrie
Masterson
Lester
Bard or Buchholz

FOR HALLADAY

Apparently the name 'torontomania' has nothing to do with knowing about the city's teams.

MarkieMark48
07-15-2009, 01:25 AM
why is that when they have
clay one of the top pitching prospect in baseball
bowden - considered a font man in the rotation potential
lars anderson - top prospect
bard - closer of the future

so if the red sox offerd a combination of 3 of those players im pretty sure toronto would do it
they would only attempt to get roy to make a 3 head monster of him beck and lester

because the only way he gets traded within the division is a trade that completely blows away J.P.

VinScully4pres.
07-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Kershaw!

NOT a chance buddy!

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-15-2009, 01:47 AM
nothing.

dont need him...but we'll take a vernon wells for barry zito...?

BTownTeamsRKing
07-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Roy Halladay is the best in the game right now. That said.

The Red Sox have the most possible pieces to make a deal. they have top minor league talent and some top young major league talent.

my proposed deal if I were the Red Sox would be:

P Clay Buchholz - u all know him
P Casey Kelly - Top A prospect
1B Lars Anderson - pretty good hitting prospect, thought to one day be Papi's replacement
RP Manny Del Carmen - low ERA. good young strong arm.

thats my offer, take it or leave it.

Joe505
07-15-2009, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he's a Giant come August 1st...

BTownTeamsRKing
07-15-2009, 10:36 AM

for tim linecum? i wouldnt do that if i were SF.

Shifty1 69
07-15-2009, 10:38 AM

To Toronto:
J.Lowrie
Masterson
Lester
Bard or Buchholz

FOR HALLADAY

I see, they only want pitching prospects and maybe 1 ss prospect.... Ummm, sounds like you have your finger on the pulse of the team.
"There":rolleyes: pitching prospects suck?? If only your monitor had arms and hands so it could open hand slap you for that.:rolleyes::D
Thanks for coming out....

DaPrimeTime21
Jon Lester
Clay Bucholz
Lars Anderson

are you high????????

TO to the CHI

The Red Sox have the most possible pieces to make a deal. they have top minor league talent and some top young major league talent.

1B Lars Anderson - pretty good hitting prospect, thought to one day be Papi's replacement

I am a Jays fan and in my opinion that gets the deal done

That said, if I am able to deal o/s the division for a similar package then I would take the other offer.

StryderSox
07-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Jon Lester
Clay Bucholz
Lars Anderson

So you would be willing to give up possibly the best #3 starter in the game along with the reigning AL MVP and a potential future stud starter and future stud 1st baseman for a pitcher that you would probably only have for the next year and a half????

Thank god you are the GM in Boston

torontosports10
07-15-2009, 10:51 AM

I think the Jays really want a good SS spec. Maybe if Lowrie was in it it instead of Kelly, or even add Lowrie in it, since its in division.

I like what the Giants have to offer the most. Bymgarner,Posey,Alverez and a lot of other talent there as well. I wish they need a SP more then a bat tho cause things could get very serious.

StryderSox
07-15-2009, 10:58 AM

Bowden
Masterson
Lowrie
Hagadone
Kalish

Sorry man but I think the only way we get Halladay is give up 2 of Bucholtz, Bowden, Bard and Masterson along with Lars Anderson and possibly Lowrie as well.

That combined with the fact that we really dont need another starting pitcher even if his name is Roy Halladay is why wont get him. Any interest we show is purely to drive up the price and try to keep him away from NY

yoitbematta
07-15-2009, 11:04 AM
how about
jose reyes
Jenrry Mejia
kunz
parnell

StryderSox
07-15-2009, 11:11 AM

If you are saying that its Lester or bust then you can keep Halladay.

Roy Halladay
Age:32 Salary: 2yrs/30 Million soon to be something like 7 yrs/130 Million
10-3 2.85 106K

Jon Lester
8-6 3.87 131K

Bozarkian
07-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Jon Lester
Clay Bucholz
Lars Anderson

haha, there is a big difference between Lowrie and Pedroia
One Pedroia = Two Lowrie

CQSox305
07-15-2009, 11:17 AM
White Sox trade Alexei Ramirez, Aaron Poreda, and Dayan Viceido, for Halladay. It seems fair they get a young short stop that they want.

Pinstripe pride
07-15-2009, 11:40 AM
I agree with most of this but Matsui's contract ends after this year... Wells has a 5 year 100 million dollar contract so if you're the Jays this part definitely makes sense

I fully agree, they would dump wells. My point was they wouldn't dump salary and pick up salary at the same time. They would simply dump wells. Yankees would spin matsui elsewhere or keep him.

Pinstripe pride
07-15-2009, 11:44 AM

right.... because thats exactly what the giants need, another pitcher.......

MarkieMark48
07-15-2009, 04:47 PM
If you are saying that its Lester or bust then you can keep Halladay.

Roy Halladay
Age:32 Salary: 2yrs/30 Million soon to be something like 7 yrs/130 Million
10-3 2.85 106K

Jon Lester
8-6 3.87 131K

Will do. I get all that, they Jays arnt going to want to play the team that they trade Roy to 19 times a year without getting a major league starter in return...J.P. has already said he isnt trading Doc unless the jays def. come out of the deal with the upper hand.

Doc, Beckett, and whoever as your #3 would easily be the best 3-man rotation in the playoffs, giving you guys a huge advantage for this year and next, and the possibilty for the next 5 years after that

maddiesbraves
07-15-2009, 05:13 PM
If I was a A's fan, I would offer Billy Beane and his MONEY BALL. Hows that working out?

wifflegod
07-15-2009, 05:30 PM
how about a package of Parnell, Ike davis, maine, and f-mart and we will take your bad contract ofer too!

REGular
07-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Chris Volstad + Cameron Maybin + 2 other prospects (position or pitching?)

zambo4president
07-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Blake Parker, Jay Jackson, Matt Gaub, and Bob Brenly`s son ;)

Fred
07-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Every Phillie's left nut...

slaker619
07-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Yankees Trade
Wang
Bruney
Tomko
Igawa

johnnylee722
07-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Yankees Trade
Wang
Bruney
Tomko
Igawa

Done!

Greenmonster24
07-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Pedria,Youkilis,Ellsbury and Bard with Bucholz.

TheShock45
07-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Phillies get Roy Halladay and a bench player

Blue Jays get JA Happ, Dominic Brown, Lou Marson, Jason Donald and Carlos Carrasco and a low level prospect

ciaban
07-15-2009, 08:51 PM
right.... because thats exactly what the giants need, another pitcher.......

as long as they don't give p major league talent, it isn't to bad, because it guarantees the dodgers/mets/phillies/StL etc.... don't get him, and with their crapy hitting, they don't want to see a lights out pitcher, plus if your 1-2-3 is Roy/Timmy/Cain in no particular order, the WS is theirs, as of right now, the Giants have the hands down best rotation in MLB, and probably the best 1-2 punch at that, none of the other playoff contenders really do, thats why Roy and Cliff are so valuable.

That being said, some Jays fans insist that unless Cain is involved in a pacage there will be no trade.
and cain isn't going to move

johnnylee722
07-15-2009, 08:56 PM

Blue Jays get Utley, Howard, Hamels, Happ, Marson and a low level prospect

Now you're talking...

hawks1723
07-15-2009, 09:05 PM

Blue Jays get JA Happ, Dominic Brown, Lou Marson, Jason Donald and Carlos Carrasco and a low level prospect

I'll pass on that as a Phils fan

StevenStrasburg
07-15-2009, 09:06 PM
because the only way he gets traded within the division is a trade that completely blows away J.P.

Erroneous.

JP is a follower of Billy Beane, he has NO problem trading inside the division.

What he will do is pit the Sox and Yankees (although I don't think the Yankees can match the Sox) against each other because neither wants a division rival to have him.

IMO, the team with the best chance is the Red Sox.

StevenStrasburg
07-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Pedria,Youkilis,Ellsbury and Bard with Bucholz.

You're kidding right? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yankees Trade
Wang
Bruney
Tomko
Igawa

Same thing.

******** Sox and Yankees fans.

2009mvp
07-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Yankees Trade
Wang
Bruney
Tomko
Igawa

:drool:

¿QUE?
07-15-2009, 09:25 PM
ill suck a mean dick...good enough?

TheShock45
07-15-2009, 09:27 PM
I'll pass on that as a Phils fan

your nuts because as a phils fan you know none of those players will amount to anything

the rest of the mlb will soon learn how to hit ja happs magical 89 mph fast ball and the rest of the players are nothing special to us

Happytimefunboy
07-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Texas for Halladay
Neftali Feliz, RHP, Grade A (Future ace)
Justin Smoak, 1B, Grade A- (Switch hitter)
Greg Golson CF Grade C+ (Fast, good D)
Taylor Teagarden, C, Grade B (Good D and Bat)

Boston for Marco Scutaro.
C. Carter 1B/LF. Left handed bat.
Daniel Bard, RHP, Grade B

Phi for Brian Tallet
Jason Donald, SS, Grade B-

NYY for Vernon Wells
M. Cabrera OF
H. Matsui OF (I would pay 1 year of this salary opposed to 4 more of wells)

Braves for Overbay
Jordan Schafer, OF, Grade B+

Whoever want him lets say Milwaukee: A. Rios
Mat Gamel, 3B, Grade B+

Now the jays have a future and a workable budget to get Halladay back in 2 years and make a real run for it

Happy.

donnie23
07-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Erroneous.

What he will do is pit the Sox and Yankees (although I don't think the Yankees can match the Sox) against each other because neither wants a division rival to have him.

This makes no sense, the Yankees have a higher rated hitting prospect than any sox (Montero) and Hughes or Joba where as Boston won't trade Lester. I'm not saying he will be a Yankee but to say we can't offer enough is silly.

07-15-2009, 10:22 PM
i m a jays fan so cant really ansWer the question of the thread..but the deal i woud like to see for the Jays...which will not happen in a million years but wuld be awesome...
VERNON WELLS(if any team that can take the massive contract is Yanks)
ROY HALLADAY (center piece of the deal) >>>TO YANKS
BRETT CECIL (BLUE JAYS TOP PITCHING PROSPECT)
Brandon League (fastball that hits 100 miles, yanks need closer after mariono)

FOR
JOBA CHAMBERLAIN(center piece of deal)
PHIL HUGHES(future ace to replace halladay)
MELKY Cabrera(solid outfielder to replace wells) >>>>>>>to the JAYS
Robinson CANo( AARON HILL CAN MOVE TO SHORTSTOP)
AUSTIN JACKSON (yanks top hitting prospect)

MarkieMark48
07-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Erroneous.

J.P. would probably get death threats if he traded Doc to Boston or NY, but anyways...

Negative, apperantly you all wont include Lester.. the yankees seem be willing to deal Joba or Hughes. Advantage NY. The yankees would also entertain taking Vernon Wells (I assume) which would def be more appealing

sjbigengine
07-15-2009, 10:34 PM
The first 3 should be J.P., Rios and Wells. The Doc is the best thing that has happened to this team in a long time. He is the corner stone for a championship team. What do we want here, just a farm team, or one that can win it all. And by the way, they should never have changed the name of the Skydome, that was robbery!

Lincecum4CY
07-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Man oh man if Boston got Halladay- WOW
Halladay
Beckett
Smoltz
Lester
DiceK

DJYankee
07-15-2009, 10:35 PM
i m a jays fan so cant really ansWer the question of the thread..but the deal i woud like to see for the Jays...which will not happen in a million years but wuld be awesome...

FOR

What the hell??? I would never do that trade.

a-rod 4 prez
07-15-2009, 10:54 PM
a- rod and phil hughes for roy halladay

07-15-2009, 11:00 PM
What the hell??? I would never do that trade.

dont really cAre if u do this deal or noT...BUT READ WAT I SAID CAREFULLY....yes i noe this deal will never happen....no one will eVER do IT...but in ma perfect world...that would be the best deal for HALALDAY IMO

laker18
07-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Recruit

Jay's Trade
Texas for Halladay

Phi for Brian Tallet

NYY for Vernon Wells
M. Cabrera OF

Braves for Overbay

Mat Gamel, 3B, Grade B+

Now the jays have a future and a workable budget to get Halladay back in 2 years and make a real run for it

Happy.

i like the trades but they all favor the jays excluding the deal for halladay but i would want elvus andrus in the deal somehow.

The overbay trade is a pipe dream, the tallet trade might be possible but we would have to include a bullpen picher as well, whoever will take vernon is ok with me, scutaro would be worht more leaving at the end of the year and us getting a 1st round pick for him, and if we get rid of wells we should keep rios.

i like all of the trades for toronto but they are unrealistic

hawks1723
07-16-2009, 12:27 AM
your nuts because as a phils fan you know none of those players will amount to anything

the rest of the mlb will soon learn how to hit ja happs magical 89 mph fast ball and the rest of the players are nothing special to us

haha marson, brown, donald, and carrasco are all pretty highly touted prospects and then you throw in the ace of the staff from the past month is just nuts. He is 5th in the NL in ERA and you saying teams will learn to hit him means nothing.

I have said all along the best package that i would be willing to do for the phillies would be Knapp, Drabek, Donald, and Brown. Drabek is gonna be a stud in this league and Knapp is still in rookie ball but his upside is amazing. Donald of course is a top shortstop prospect which the jays are looking for. Brown is the Phils second best outfielding prospect behind Michael Taylor. Throw Collier and Mayberry into that mix and Phils have some good outfielders coming up through the system.

brewersfan729
07-16-2009, 12:31 AM
Texas for Halladay

Phi for Brian Tallet

NYY for Vernon Wells
M. Cabrera OF

Braves for Overbay

Mat Gamel, 3B, Grade B+

Happy.

Ha, pipe dreams. Each and every one of them.

bomber0104
07-16-2009, 01:05 AM

FOR

How the hell do you get these kind of ideas... Cecil is as good as one Joba and Hughes. Cano is of no use to the Jays as they already have a second baseman who is better than him and no Hill can't play shortstop. That leaves Wells and Halladay for melky, hughes or chamberlain and Jackson and to that I say no thanks.

Austin Jackson blows btw

RAWbert
07-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Angels receive: SP Roy Halladay

Blue Jays receive: Ervin Santana
Brandon Wood
and
Trevor Reckling
or
Jordan Walden

statquo
07-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Angels receive: SP Roy Halladay

Blue Jays receive: Ervin Santana
Brandon Wood
and
Trevor Reckling
or
Jordan Walden

I have a feeling it'll be the Angels he goes to and pretty much the same deal. Except I think the Angels would prefer to trade Saunders rather than Santana.

I think Wood sucks tho.

oshen333
07-16-2009, 02:44 AM
the whole padre pitching staff besides bell and peavy

2009mvp
07-16-2009, 02:46 AM
haha marson, brown, donald, and carrasco are all pretty highly touted prospects and then you throw in the ace of the staff from the past month is just nuts. He is 5th in the NL in ERA and you saying teams will learn to hit him means nothing.

I have said all along the best package that i would be willing to do for the phillies would be Knapp, Drabek, Donald, and Brown. Drabek is gonna be a stud in this league and Knapp is still in rookie ball but his upside is amazing. Donald of course is a top shortstop prospect which the jays are looking for. Brown is the Phils second best outfielding prospect behind Michael Taylor. Throw Collier and Mayberry into that mix and Phils have some good outfielders coming up through the system.

His 4.51 FIP means something. I hope he works out for the Phils, but I'll be one pissed off Jays fan if he's one of the big pieces in a deal for Halladay.

StryderSox
07-16-2009, 10:46 AM
This makes no sense, the Yankees have a higher rated hitting prospect than any sox (Montero) and Hughes or Joba where as Boston won't trade Lester. I'm not saying he will be a Yankee but to say we can't offer enough is silly.

First off he didn't say the yanks dont have enough....he said the Sox can put together a better offer than the yanks.

Secondly if you think that either Joba or Hughes are anywhere near the same value as Lester you must be smoking something good. If you want to compare pitching prospects than start looking at a more reasonable comparison like Masterson, Bucholtz or Bard.

Finally I dont know where all these yankees fans are getting that Montero is the best rated hitting prospect??? Lars Anderson is agreat hitting prospect and is knocking on the door of being MLB ready where as Montero is what 19??? So that means that Jays have to wait probably 4 years for him instead of getting two major league ready starting pitchers and a 1B that hits for average and power who is pretty much ready as well.

** Just to clarify I dont think Halladay is going to either the Sox or Yanks if anywhere at all. I think the Jays are just trying to see if they can create enough hype to rob someone blind of their farm system

DJYankee
07-16-2009, 11:38 AM
dont really cAre if u do this deal or noT...BUT READ WAT I SAID CAREFULLY....yes i noe this deal will never happen....no one will eVER do IT...but in ma perfect world...that would be the best deal for HALALDAY IMO

Ohhh..... Well I am relief that we are not in a perfect world.

BALLER71
07-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Michael Stanton
Logan Morrison
Brett Sinkbeil
Andrew Miller

Dark Donnie
07-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Michael Stanton
Logan Morrison
Brett Sinkbeil
Andrew Miller

Do the Marlins have the payroll room to add Halladay for the remainder of this year and next?

2009mvp
07-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I have a feeling it'll be the Angels he goes to and pretty much the same deal. Except I think the Angels would prefer to trade Saunders rather than Santana.

I think Wood sucks tho.

I didn't know Mike Scoscia was on PSD...

bomber0104
07-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Michael Stanton
Logan Morrison
Brett Sinkbeil
Andrew Miller

I wish the Marlins had any kind of payroll because I would love to take Stanton

Psulongago
07-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Happ - ROY Contender, Affordable
Mayberry - ML Roster, Power Potential, Affordable
Marson - Premium Position
Dominic Brown - Top rated Prospect

Pinstripe pride
07-16-2009, 01:05 PM
as long as they don't give p major league talent, it isn't to bad, because it guarantees the dodgers/mets/phillies/StL etc.... don't get him, and with their crapy hitting, they don't want to see a lights out pitcher, plus if your 1-2-3 is Roy/Timmy/Cain in no particular order, the WS is theirs, as of right now, the Giants have the hands down best rotation in MLB, and probably the best 1-2 punch at that, none of the other playoff contenders really do, thats why Roy and Cliff are so valuable.

That being said, some Jays fans insist that unless Cain is involved in a pacage there will be no trade.
and cain isn't going to move

I completely understand, I just assume they would use their peices to add a bat or two. They could use halladay, but by no means need him. They do need soem offense though.

Pinstripe pride
07-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Texas for Halladay

Phi for Brian Tallet

NYY for Vernon Wells
M. Cabrera OF

Braves for Overbay

Mat Gamel, 3B, Grade B+

Happy.

the absolute only way that wells is traded is if he is packaged with halladay. No team will trade for him alone.

GimmeAD
07-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Realistically for the Phils to get Halladay it will cost us Drabek, Happ, Carrasco, Donald, Marson, and Taylor or Brown. I don't see us getting away with some package like other people are dreaming about that wouldn't include Drabek or Happ.

Conquest8089
07-16-2009, 03:59 PM
From the Yankees, I think the potential of Jesus Montero is much greater than that of Romine. However, Romine is more of a catching prospect. Montero a DH/1B type. I'd think one of those guys would have to be part of the trade. I think this makes sense for the Yankees. Even the Yankees will not take on Vernon Wells' contract.

To Blue Jays:
SP Phil Hughes -Hughes is pitching better right now, I could se the choicde between Joba/Hughes being a sticking point.
OF Melky Cabrera.
C Austin Romine
SP Bellin Betances

I still think the Red Sox have the best package to offer.

Bucholtz, Lars Anderson, and another piece would be a real package.

2009mvp
07-16-2009, 04:50 PM
^^Why would we want Cabrera??

BLASTER MASTER
07-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Braves aquire Halladay and Rios:

For

Tim Hudson,
Mike Gonzalez,
Casey Kotchman,
Garrett Anderson,
Kelly Johnson and
Jordan Schaffer

AjBurnett
07-16-2009, 06:12 PM

For

Tim Hudson,
Mike Gonzalez,
Casey Kotchman,
Garrett Anderson,
Kelly Johnson and
Jordan Schaffer
No thanks, I wouldn't even just trade Halladay for those players

AjBurnett
07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
^^Why would we want Cabrera??

If the Jays traded Halladay to the Yanks, I would have a heart attack. Also I wouldn't want Bucholtz

Nocturnal Rat
07-16-2009, 08:17 PM
If the Jays traded Halladay to the Yanks, I would have a heart attack. Also I wouldn't want Bucholtz

I just realized that Bucholtz is not pitching much better than Ricky Romero.

donnie23
07-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Man oh man if Boston got Halladay- WOW
Halladay
Beckett
Smoltz
Lester
DiceK

Wow, no love for Wakefield. Dice-K is a mess and Wake is an All-Star.

whatsgood700
07-16-2009, 10:03 PM
This is what i would give up for Roy Halladay and why i would do it. Joba, Romine, Jackson, Melky. (1) Giving up Joba is hard really hard but i think that Hughes is the better of the two also, you have to give something to get something and you are talking about Roy Halladay, (2) Romine is a good prospect but we all know that Montero is the better catcher out the two, and this is a position in which the yankees have a lot of. (3) Jackson he is very talented and i know people would hate to give him up as would i but, again i say it is Roy Halladay we are talking about. (4) Melky has improved alot this year compared to last year and has a good arm he should do well in a everyday role, the yankees can live and do well with Brett Garnder in center and batting ninth is like having a extra lead off hitter with his speed.

Now this is the tricky part i would include the yankees taking Alex Rios in the deal if the yankees can work it out that the Jays take $20million of his contract that runs threw 2014 which adds up to $ 4million a year and the yankees will pay the remainder of it which adds to $7.5 million a year, ithink he would play better in ny he is still young and he is better then in outfielder with a good arm and good speed i think is better the any offer out there...

firejfj
07-16-2009, 10:32 PM
^^^^^
If the Jays traded Halladay to the yanks they would be getting the better prospects, ie. Montero instead of Romine and since its within the division we would probably require Hughes instead of Melky, since he is redundant on our team atm.
Also, Rios' contract is not a burden to us, unlike Wells. If Rios were in the deal the yankees would have to add more and if Wells was included, then we wouldn't be paying any of his contract.

kyomack
07-16-2009, 10:41 PM
reyes, parnell, niese, murphy

laker18
07-16-2009, 11:11 PM
the giants, rangers and phillies are the only teams with good young pitching and prospect depth to make a trade work for Halladay. The giants would need to include cain and bumgardner, the rangers would need to include smoak and feliz and the phillies would ned to include drabek, carrasco, taylor and brown

SFGiants4life
07-16-2009, 11:34 PM
the giants, rangers and phillies are the only teams with good young pitching and prospect depth to make a trade work for Halladay. The giants would need to include cain and bumgardner, the rangers would need to include smoak and feliz and the phillies would ned to include drabek, carrasco, taylor and brown

are you high? neither one is going anywhere

Dark Donnie
07-17-2009, 09:12 AM
are you high? neither one is going anywhere

If you wanted Halladay you would have to part with Posey or Madbum

Giannis94
07-17-2009, 09:28 AM
As the Brewers I would offer:
Mat Gamel
Jj Hardy
Cody Adams
Even anderson
and Maybe Angel Salome or Jonathan Lucroy

Bozarkian
07-17-2009, 09:41 AM

For

Tim Hudson,
Mike Gonzalez,
Casey Kotchman,
Garrett Anderson,
Kelly Johnson and
Jordan Schaffer

Hudson - 13 Million (Disabled List)
Gonzalez - 3.45 Million
Kotchman - 2.885 Million
Anderson - 2.5 Million
Johnson - 2.825 Million (Disabled List)
Schaffer - 0.4 Million

They're trying to get rid of a lot of money...
And yes, many of these people are free agents after the year is done, but they probably wouldn't sign Hudson, Anderson or Gonzalez again. So essentially, they would be getting: Johnson; who has had troubles with injuries, and sucking, Kotchman, who is a very average first basemen, and Schaffer, a top prospect.

And as for the Rios part of this deal, the Jays are exploring a deal with the White Sox, who have long been interested in him. They might be able to get something half-decent. (They would probably have to send some cash considerations along with Rios)

TO to the CHI
07-17-2009, 09:54 AM
As stated in the post above, fans from other teams need to realize that Rios is not a throw in. The Jays would trade him, but only if it improves the package. Wells is a salary dump and the Jays would likely accept less in a trade to move him. However, Rios is only marginally overpaid, is younger and has a ton of talent. No way the Jays just throw him into a deal (LOL at the Yankees fan above that suggested that Rios be tossed in and that the Jays should pick up salary).

limebalz05
07-17-2009, 10:09 AM
The guy is already 32 and will be a FA at 34. He'll want a CC Sabathia contract 6 yrs 120 million. He'll be looking like Pedro Martinez in his last leg with the Mets!

Forget about it!

limebalz05
07-17-2009, 10:17 AM
If Wells is included in any Roy trade then the Jays will get absolutely NOTHING in a trade!

Unless Jays pay a portion of Wells contract (like what the Rangers did with A Rod).

Wells contract is a cancer!!!!!

7 years/$126M (2008-14)
signed extension with Toronto 12/06
$25.5M signing bonus (paid in 3 $8.5M installments, March 1 2008-10)
08:$0.5M, 09:$1.5M, 10:$12.5M, 11:$23M, 12:$21M, 13:$21M, 14:$21M

full no-trade clause

Wells is getting 20+ million per seaons for the next 5 years!

If the Jays can trade Roy with Wells straight up with for a bag of sun chips, then the Jays GM has made a great trade!

torontosports10
07-17-2009, 10:41 AM
And to think, we could have gotten Kemp and Bills for Wells. :mad:

Pinstripe pride
07-17-2009, 11:06 AM
In all honesty, I doubt that roy halladay gets traded. I think Texas will make the splash if it happens, but theres to many moving pieces. If they want to include wells, they will get next to nothing. If its just halladay he will require a kings ransom in prospects and money when he is due to hit free agency. He may be the best, but most people don't break the bank for 32 year old who will command 150 mil plus at the age of 34 when he is a free agent. He proball goes nowhere, at least until the offseason.

limebalz05
07-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Lets be honest, which teams would seriously take Roy and Wells? Probably 3 teams out there. Dodgers, Yanks, and Mets.

Yanks don't like to give up their prospects anymore (especially young players in MLB already aka Hughes/Joba). Will the Yanks take Wells contract? Yes ........ it's only money to the Yanks and they do have some expiring contracts this season. Damon 13 mil, Matsui 13 mil, Nady 6.5 mil, Pettite 5.5 mil. That's 38 million. .......... hmmmm

Yanks in return would get an extremly over payed corner outfielder for the next 5 yrs (seriously what were the Jays thinking) and a great starter. Yanks would be in the market for OF anyway after 2009.

Yanks take Wells bad contract along with Roy.............. many people may not like this, but lets be honest ............. Roy will get a 20 million dollar multi yr contract in 2010. How many teams are going to take on 2 contracts for over 40 million for the next 5 yrs?

hmmmmmm............. Yanks may be the only suiters because they have the $$$$$$$

MarkieMark48
07-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Lets be honest, which teams would seriously take Roy and Wells? Probably 3 teams out there. Dodgers, Yanks, and Mets.

Yanks don't like to give up their prospects anymore (especially young players in MLB already aka Hughes/Joba). Will the Yanks take Wells contract? Yes ........ it's only money to the Yanks and they do have some expiring contracts this season. Damon 13 mil, Matsui 13 mil, Nady 6.5 mil, Pettite 5.5 mil. That's 38 million. .......... hmmmm

Yanks in return would get an extremly over payed corner outfielder for the next 5 yrs (seriously what were the Jays thinking) and a great starter. Yanks would be in the market for OF anyway after 2009.

Yanks take Wells bad contract along with Roy.............. many people may not like this, but lets be honest ............. Roy will get a 20 million dollar multi yr contract in 2010. How many teams are going to take on 2 contracts for over 40 million for the next 5 yrs?

hmmmmmm............. Yanks may be the only suiters because they have the $$$$$$$

You are making it sound like wells just sits there and collects a paycheck. Yes he is way overpaid, Im not gonna disagree there, but he still contributes. He will hit 20 HR's drive in 80 runs, and probably hit in the 250-275 range, with the possibility of all those numbers improving, esp. if he has a chip on his shoulder from being traded within the division, and hes a very good fielder. This isnt Dontrelle Willis we are talking about.

Mase37
07-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Craig Counsell

limebalz05
07-17-2009, 12:18 PM
You are making it sound like wells just sits there and collects a paycheck. Yes he is way overpaid, Im not gonna disagree there, but he still contributes. He will hit 20 HR's drive in 80 runs, and probably hit in the 250-275 range, with the possibility of all those numbers improving, esp. if he has a chip on his shoulder from being traded within the division, and hes a very good fielder. This isnt Dontrelle Willis we are talking about.

I think Wells is an avg player. He is worthy of a 7 million per season. Problem with Wells contract is the extensive yrs and commitment. Also the things that I do like about him is his base running and his durability. He has taken a slide since the steriod conspiracy in MLB surfaced. (I'm not saying he's taken it, but it kind of makes u think about it). Also his best characteristics diminish as his age increases.

He's a long term commitment that the Jays will be happy to get rid of!

500 Level
07-17-2009, 12:34 PM
For the yankees to get Halladay they would 100% have to take Halladay. Joba Jackson Montero and taking Wells back is the only way it would ever happen. Probably need to add a couple midlevel prospects. That Pena kid for example.

limebalz05
07-17-2009, 12:49 PM
For the yankees to get Halladay they would 100% have to take Halladay. Joba Jackson Montero and taking Wells back is the only way it would ever happen. Probably need to add a couple midlevel prospects. That Pena kid for example.

There's no way any GM would do that. Jays would first need to sign Roy to an extension (no team is going to give up that kind of talent and then have Roy walk after 1.5 yrs). Also Wells will not be included!

I can see the asking price for Roy being Joba and Montero! I'm fine with that. I don't think the Yanks should/would do that trade.

TO to the CHI
07-17-2009, 12:52 PM
There's no way any GM would do that. Jays would first need to sign Roy to an extension (no team is going to give up that kind of talent and then have Roy walk after 1.5 yrs). Also Wells will not be included!

I can see the asking price for Roy being Joba and Montero! I'm fine with that. I don't think the Yanks should/would do that trade.

really????? one of the top five starters in baseball for a guy who can't pitch more than 5 innings and a 19 year old and you don't think they should do it

WOW

Mase37
07-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Craig Counsell and a handshake. Sounds fair

Pinstripe pride
07-17-2009, 01:20 PM

Clearly you do not comprehend the concept of baseball trades. Toronto won't be trading halladay anywhere if the demand 3 top prospects, taking wells and more prospects. The yankees won't trade montero, joba and jackson for halladay himself, let alone throwing in Wells ridiculous contact. The jays will get 1 top prospect if wells has to be included due to the finacial burden he puts on a team.

limebalz05
07-17-2009, 04:46 PM
really????? one of the top five starters in baseball for a guy who can't pitch more than 5 innings and a 19 year old and you don't think they should do it

WOW

Hmmmmm ............ it's more like Toronto's future dominate closer who is only 23 and the 3rd best prospect in the minors.

Do people forget how dominate he was as the set up man? If u did forget ...... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=28847

Yanks would never trade Joba anyway! Let alone any player he mentioned! One thing u have to remember about Yankee brass! They don't trade high prospects any more. They will trade a mid level guy in a heartbeat, but not a high level prospect!!!!

Lets look at the last Yankee big trade. 2008 Nady and Marte added for Tabata, Ohlendorf, Karstens, and McCutchen. All Yankee players were mid level prospects. I liked a few of those players but, they were not guys with high ceilings.

Yankess are not in the market to trade their high ceiling talent. They will easily bring back a crappy contract in exchange for a high caliber player!

Yankee31
07-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Phil Hughes
Austin Jackson/Cabrera
the top catching prospect
and another pitching prospect

for

Halladay
Rios

GHGHCP
07-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Phil Hughes
Austin Jackson/Cabrera
the top catching prospect
and another pitching prospect

for

Halladay
Rios

You're in the same division and the Blue Jays have already not returned a call concerning Halladay. That package isn't even close to getting Halladay with the insane overpayment the Jays would want in return for trading within their division.

MarkieMark48
07-17-2009, 05:21 PM
I think Wells is an avg player. He is worthy of a 7 million per season. Problem with Wells contract is the extensive yrs and commitment. Also the things that I do like about him is his base running and his durability. He has taken a slide since the steriod conspiracy in MLB surfaced. (I'm not saying he's taken it, but it kind of makes u think about it). Also his best characteristics diminish as his age increases.

He's a long term commitment that the Jays will be happy to get rid of!

I think wells is a better than average player. I know all about his contract, and how the jays would like to get rid of it, however just because someone would be willing to take wells doesnt mean they jays would give them halladay. Remember if they keep him through his contract and just let him walk, they will get two 1st round draft picks in the following years draft.

Bozarkian
07-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Chamberlain, Hughes, Kennedy, Montero, Romine, Cervelli, Miranda, Russo, A. Jackson, Brackman, Melky Cabrera, Romero Pena and McAllister

AND we'll bring back drew henson just to trade him

jmac9mac9
07-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Porcello, Zumaya, and two top prospects. Porcello gives you a good young pitcher and Zumaya could step in at closer because BJ Ryan worked out so well for the Jays. and you get two top prospects for the future. Probably one pitching and one infielder.

Yankee31
07-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Id give them what would want in return for Halladay. A mlb pitcher id give them Hughes/ for a short stop id give them pena/ for a catcher montero/ and two class b pitchers.

All i want back is halladay and rios

I think cliff lee would be cheaper and easier to get

Tqafg96
07-17-2009, 08:52 PM
LOL anything.

Slaps
07-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Clay, Anderson, Bowder, Redick and your choice of AA prospect besides Taz. And we'd eat Wells contract. (Not really but I'd do it)

MarkieMark48
07-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Id give them what would want in return for Halladay. A mlb pitcher id give them Hughes/ for a short stop id give them pena/ for a catcher montero/ and two class b pitchers.

All i want back is halladay and rios

I think cliff lee would be cheaper and easier to get

The only OFer that would be moved with halladay is vernon wells, I dont know why people think Rios is going with Doc anywhere

mser58
07-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Mayberry
Donald
Bastardo

mser58
07-18-2009, 09:29 AM
and we'll take Wells' contract

TO to the CHI
07-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Hmmmmm ............ it's more like Toronto's future dominate closer who is only 23 and the 3rd best prospect in the minors.

Do people forget how dominate he was as the set up man? If u did forget ...... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=28847

Yanks would never trade Joba anyway! Let alone any player he mentioned! One thing u have to remember about Yankee brass! They don't trade high prospects any more. They will trade a mid level guy in a heartbeat, but not a high level prospect!!!!

Lets look at the last Yankee big trade. 2008 Nady and Marte added for Tabata, Ohlendorf, Karstens, and McCutchen. All Yankee players were mid level prospects. I liked a few of those players but, they were not guys with high ceilings.

Yankess are not in the market to trade their high ceiling talent. They will easily bring back a crappy contract in exchange for a high caliber player!

I assume that was a joke. He has a 4.25 ERA, averages less than 5.1 innings per start, and has a WHIP above 1.5. There is no comparison to his role two years ago as a set up man, when he had a walk rate that was about half of what it is now.

Joba is not as good as the Yanks fit. I would definitely select Hughes over him, but realistically, Joba is being overrated by you.

500 Level
07-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Clearly you do not comprehend the concept of baseball trades. Toronto won't be trading halladay anywhere if the demand 3 top prospects, taking wells and more prospects. The yankees won't trade montero, joba and jackson for halladay himself, let alone throwing in Wells ridiculous contact. The jays will get 1 top prospect if wells has to be included due to the finacial burden he puts on a team.

I hate to break it too you Yankee fan, But Joba Jackson and Montero is only one top prospect. Jackson is playing decently in the minors. Joba is the 4 or 5th pitcher on a injury destroyed Jays rotation, and Montero is a top catching prospect, who has a 50/50 chance of being an everyday player. So yah your right. One top prospect, kinda. Wake up Yankee fans.

500 Level
07-18-2009, 12:16 PM
People are right, Halladay won't be traded if all these terrible trades were what real GM's would be offering. But I assume anyone with a job in baseball would realize who Roy Halladay was, and that prospects have a 50/50 chance of making it. Thats why you get 4 or 5 for one deals. Because mostly only two of those players ever matter, and much fewer become stars even close to Roy Halladay.

dodgers07champs
07-18-2009, 12:39 PM
I'll try to be as realistic as possible.

Chad Billingsley, James Mcdonald, Xavier Paul, and Ivan Dejesus Jr for Roy Halladay and Scott Downs.

500 Level
07-18-2009, 12:52 PM

Chad Billingsley, James Mcdonald, Xavier Paul, and Ivan Dejesus Jr for Roy Halladay and Scott Downs.

Thats getting a bit closer. I think Kershaw makes more sense for both teams than Billingsley but I wouldn't turn it down because of that. I think we would just need to turn Xavier Paul into Lambo and then it's a deal. I just don't see Paul having much value.

T.O. Fan
07-18-2009, 01:16 PM

If I were the Dodgers I wouldn't move Bills or Kershaw. They are both pretty much established top end of the rotation guys.

Halladay would be an upgrade, but at the cost of one of those two ++++ I just don't think it would be worth it.

a-rod 4 prez
07-18-2009, 02:45 PM
yankees give:
hughes
montero
jackson
pena

bj's give:
halladay
wells

who thinks this trade would work???

500 Level
07-18-2009, 03:11 PM
yankees give:
hughes
montero
jackson
pena

bj's give:
halladay
wells

Holy hell, a reasonable offer from a Yankees fan. This deal has to be strongly considered against any other. If it wasn't for it being in the division, it's a no-brainer.

Casino
07-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Another scenario for Halladay to the Dodgers

Dodgers would acquire
Roy Halladay
Scott Downs

Blue Jays would acquire
Hiroki Kuroda
James McDonald
Andrew Lambo
Ivan DeJesus Jr.
Josh Bell
and if needed, Josh Lindblom

oak2455
07-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Holy hell, a reasonable offer from a Yankees fan. This deal has to be strongly considered against any other. If it wasn't for it being in the division, it's a no-brainer.

NO ONE WANTS WELLS B.S CONTRACT!!:mad: THATS THE PROBLEM:)

StryderSox
07-18-2009, 08:08 PM
yankees give:
hughes
montero
jackson
pena

bj's give:
halladay
wells

Red Sox counter with this:

Bucholtz
Anderson
Bowden
Lowrie

2009mvp
07-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Another scenario for Halladay to the Dodgers

Dodgers would acquire
Roy Halladay
Scott Downs

Blue Jays would acquire
Hiroki Kuroda
James McDonald
Andrew Lambo
Ivan DeJesus Jr.
Josh Bell
and if needed, Josh Lindblom

:laugh2: Wait, so we get to give up not just Doc but arguably our next most valuable trading chip AND we get a boatload of crap/mediocrity for em?? Where do we sign??

Bucholtz
Anderson
Bowden
Lowrie

I think long and hard about it if I'm JP, though I seriously doubt that's gonna be on the table.

iggypop123
07-18-2009, 10:16 PM

there is one problem. that would never happen. basically let me put it this way. nobody from the big league roster is going anywhere. i expect everyone from the minors to be available except for maybe 2 players. they jays can basically make a list and send it

torontosports10
07-19-2009, 03:25 PM
9IP,6H,1ER,7K,0BB,105 pitches vs The Red Sox

If this is indeed your last start Doc, thank you for going out like that!

bomber0104
07-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Halladay's price just went up a bit more if that is even possible

Sixxpack
07-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Well, shhhhhh don't make any sounds, or draw attention over here...I'm a Pirates fan, they say admitting to yourself this is who you are, and what you have to do is the 1st step to recovery. lol, Oh who would the Bucco's trade for Halladay, start with McClouth, Niger Morgan, Jason Bay, sign and trade Bobby Bonilla, Brian Giles, Jason Kendall (pre-exploding andkle), Jay Bell, John Smiley, Doug Drabek, Nady, and Lloyd MacLendon (both player, and a black version of Sweet Lou. Ahhhh Shat, we already got rid of all those guys, damn it, well Toronto, we can do this 1 of 2 ways, 1st you ship Halladay to us, and we'll GIVE you PNC Park (seeing as the Pirates don't deserve it, or Three Rivers St. for that matter) we will gather up volunteers, and anyone who will help resurect Forbes Field. 2nd way is we get Roy from you now, nothing in return yet, let this season play out. Once next season starts, the Pens will be done for the year, and moved into the new rink, Consol Energy Rink, so that leaves the Igloo vacant. so this is what happens in 2010, Toronto has a 2nd MLB team, yinz can do with the team whatever you want, merge, make them a local farm team, have them be a practice team for the Leafs----Boooooooooooooo by the way. So you guys send us the Raptors, and we all call it square......Best Plan Ever????

Joba_the_Beast
07-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Yankees Trade:
Hughes
Jackson
Romine
McAllister
Pena

Jays Trade:
Halladay

500 Level
07-19-2009, 04:42 PM

Bucholtz
Anderson
Bowden
Lowrie

See this is what Jays fans would like to see happen in real life. A good Sox and Yanks pissing match.

And then once they have driven up the price, we take the best offer from a team in the NL.

Though I have to admit. If we could dump Wells, and Get either Joba, Jackson Montero and Pena, or Bucholtz, Anderson, Bowden and Lowrie. JP has to take a long look at it.

500 Level
07-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Yankees Trade:
Hughes
Jackson
Romine
McAllister
Pena

Jays Trade:
Halladay

Change Romine to Montero and you got a deal. You can even keep whoever McAllister is.

Nighthawk
07-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Bucholtz, Bowden, Anderson, MDC, Kalish

for

Halliday

:)

500 Level
07-19-2009, 05:09 PM
I have a job that allows me to do nothing but look at baseball stats and get paid for it. And I have gone offer every reasonable trade scenario on paper. And the one that keeps coming back the best is the angels. Saunders Wood Reckling and Conger. I don't even like Saunders that much but it's still the best everytime. Texac could be very close if they offered Davis Feliz Ramirez and Arias. But Anaheim seems more likely. I think it's a perfect match and it's not an unreasonable amount to ask for.

Halladay Tallet and Overbay (reasonable salary dump, useful to them until Vlad's back)
for
Saunders Wood Reckling and Conger

Plus Halladay has a reasonable change to win it all there, and I think most Jays fans will agree, as a fan, that makes it more tolerable for us. I don't wanna see Roy move on and be out in the first round.

nik.jd.aitken
07-19-2009, 05:24 PM
This thread is just another great example of why I hate Jay's fans.

500 Level
07-19-2009, 05:39 PM

we're glad not to have you.

AmazinMets
07-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Eye don't know.

Giannis94
07-19-2009, 07:11 PM
As the Brewers I would offer:
Mat Gamel
Jj Hardy
Cody Adams
Even anderson
and Maybe Angel Salome or Jonathan Lucroy

Pinstripe pride
07-20-2009, 10:14 AM
I think wells is a better than average player. I know all about his contract, and how the jays would like to get rid of it, however just because someone would be willing to take wells doesnt mean they jays would give them halladay. Remember if they keep him through his contract and just let him walk, they will get two 1st round draft picks in the following years draft.

Vernon wells is owed something like 120 million dollars over the next 5 years. His contract make shim untradeable

Pinstripe pride
07-20-2009, 10:21 AM
I hate to break it too you Yankee fan, But Joba Jackson and Montero is only one top prospect. Jackson is playing decently in the minors. Joba is the 4 or 5th pitcher on a injury destroyed Jays rotation, and Montero is a top catching prospect, who has a 50/50 chance of being an everyday player. So yah your right. One top prospect, kinda. Wake up Yankee fans.

And I'd hate to break it to you Jay's fan, but what I said is still true. You will get one, and only one, of jackson joba and montero if the yankees are forced to take wells contract as well. The yankees don't want to trade those guys, and I really doubt you would get all three for roy halladay alone. Anding wells to any trade proposal kills the talent level you get bakc because of the burden wells contract puts on a team. He easily has the worst contract in baseball. O, and no way in hell joba would be a 5th starter in the jays current rotation minus halladay.

MarkieMark48
07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Vernon wells is owed something like 120 million dollars over the next 5 years. His contract make shim untradeable

as I stated in the post you quoted me on, I know all about the details about his contract, and how the jays would love to get rid of it.

Jim
07-20-2009, 10:39 AM
marson, donald, taylor, happ. most common scenario i've head phils wanna keep brown and drabek

StryderSox
07-20-2009, 10:44 AM

The ironic part is that this comes from a leafs fan!!!! :eyebrow:

torontosports10
07-20-2009, 10:56 AM
marson, donald, taylor, happ. most common scenario i've head phils wanna keep brown and drabek

Ya, i sure they would wana keep their top prospcets. Problem is its not going to happen. The Jays are not gonna trade the best pitcher in the game unless they get the other teams best prosect and then some very good ones.

StryderSox
07-20-2009, 11:05 AM
And I'd hate to break it to you Jay's fan, but what I said is still true. You will get one, and only one, of jackson joba and montero if the yankees are forced to take wells contract as well. The yankees don't want to trade those guys, and I really doubt you would get all three for roy halladay alone. Anding wells to any trade proposal kills the talent level you get bakc because of the burden wells contract puts on a team. He easily has the worst contract in baseball. O, and no way in hell joba would be a 5th starter in the jays current rotation minus halladay.

Without getting at least 3 top level prospects there is no chance the Jays trade Halladay within the AL East. An NL team would top your offer or the Jays would choose to hang on to him. Don't forget if Halladay walks the Jays get two top level prospects in the form of two first round picks.

As far as Joba goes he may not be the 5th in Toronto's rotation minus Doc, but he is at best 3 or 4. He is not the starter pitcher that some Yanks fans want everyone to believe he is

Gibby23
07-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Martin
Dewitt
Lindblom
Hu

Acekicker123
07-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Martin
Dewitt
Lindblom
Hu

Ethan or Russell?

Old Sweater
07-20-2009, 12:34 PM
The Rockies could offer his Mom's home cooking!

Gibby23
07-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Ethan or Russell?

Russell

Mr. Magoo
07-20-2009, 01:05 PM
The Mets offer Tom Seaver, Nolan Ryan, and Mike Piazza. I know they're all retired, but at least they're not on the DL.

Pinstripe pride
07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
as I stated in the post you quoted me on, I know all about the details about his contract, and how the jays would love to get rid of it.

i should probally read more carefully

Pinstripe pride
07-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Without getting at least 3 top level prospects there is no chance the Jays trade Halladay within the AL East. An NL team would top your offer or the Jays would choose to hang on to him. Don't forget if Halladay walks the Jays get two top level prospects in the form of two first round picks.

As far as Joba goes he may not be the 5th in Toronto's rotation minus Doc, but he is at best 3 or 4. He is not the starter pitcher that some Yanks fans want everyone to believe he is

I agree completely. I don't think Halladay will go to the AL East because no teamw ill pay the price required. Even if he goes to the NL though, adding wells to the equation makes Halladays return decrease. They can get 3 top prospects easily, but not if wells is included.

As for joba, I agree again. I jsut though the statement that he'd be a posible 5th starter was just absurd.

REGular
07-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Logan Morrison
Chris Volstad
Aaron Thompson
Gaby Sanchez

Sick Of It All
07-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Sounds like the Jays asked for F-Mart, Niese, Tejada and Parnell from the Mets.

steelSKINSNCUBS
07-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Sounds like the Jays asked for F-Mart, Niese, Tejada and Parnell from the Mets.

Would you have accepted that deal? Im uncertain of the mets' prospects. I know Martinez is supposedly really promising and valuable.

ritz
07-20-2009, 07:18 PM
I think if Martinez wouldn't have been in the deal then something may have happened. Who knows. He struggled a bit at the major league level, but I'm certainly not going to judge him by such a small sample size. I mean he is 20 years old after all.

Sick Of It All
07-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Would you have accepted that deal? Im uncertain of the mets' prospects. I know Martinez is supposedly really promising and valuable.

Niese is pitching lightsout in AAA. Has a 0.96 ERA in his last 8 starts. 56 IP.

Parnell is a hard thrower topps out at 98 mph, but he is a reliever/set up man. Having some trouble lately.

Tejada is a solid SS, but more know for his glove than anything.

Martinez is the stud of the package, yeah he did not show much in his time in the majors this year, but he is just 20 y/o. Was killing AAA before he got called up and is injured now.

I think Minaya would of made this deal if it was proposed, might be ******** made up by Heyman.

REGular
07-20-2009, 07:55 PM
I know Martinez is supposedly really promising and valuable.

So was Lastings Milledge, no?

Dark Donnie
07-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Niese is pitching lightsout in AAA. Has a 0.96 ERA in his last 8 starts. 56 IP.

Parnell is a hard thrower topps out at 98 mph, but he is a reliever/set up man. Having some trouble lately.

Tejada is a solid SS, but more know for his glove than anything.

Martinez is the stud of the package, yeah he did not show much in his time in the majors this year, but he is just 20 y/o. Was killing AAA before he got called up and is injured now.

I think Minaya would of made this deal if it was proposed, might be ******** made up by Heyman.

This....deal sounds like BS. Minaya would have taken that.

greggreg
07-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Here is what I think would be a great trade for the bluejays and the yankees. Obviously it is Halladay's and Vernon Well's last year on their deal. So the bluejays are trying to save a lot of money which is respectable. I think a great deal for both sides would be for the yankees to get Halladay and Wells. And in exchange the bluejays can get

Andy Pettite
Brett Tomko
Ian Kennedy
Nick Swisher
1st round pick on 2010 and 2011
Cash consideration
Francisco Cervelli
Brian Bruney

Anyway I think this is a great deal because the bluejays get a descent pitcher andy pettite, and the rest of the players are young and will definitely develop. Plus Nick Swisher is having a spectacular year. So you probably want him in your batting order for good offense.

VinScully4pres.
07-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Russell

Glad your not the GM...you are HIGH

kmoneyjuice
07-21-2009, 09:05 PM
:clap:
Am a blue jays fan, I dont want to see halladay leave :cry: but he might leave in free agency a year from know soo... I want to know what would you offer for arguably the best pitcher in the game? AND they must be reasonable trades.

Chicken Sandwich!

T.O. Fan
07-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Here is what I think would be a great trade for the bluejays and the yankees. Obviously it is Halladay's and Vernon Well's last year on their deal. So the bluejays are trying to save a lot of money which is respectable. I think a great deal for both sides would be for the yankees to get Halladay and Wells. And in exchange the bluejays can get

Andy Pettite
Brett Tomko
Ian Kennedy
Nick Swisher
Cash consideration
Francisco Cervelli
Brian Bruney

Anyway I think this is a great deal because the bluejays get a descent pitcher andy pettite, and the rest of the players are young and will definitely develop. Plus Nick Swisher is having a spectacular year. So you probably want him in your batting order for good offense.

Dude, you CANNOT trade draft picks in MLB.

Can the Jays really have Andy Pettite, Brett Tomko and Brian Bruney.....

The best response to ridiculous trade ideas was on the Jays forum:

kanersen
Owner Join Date: Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox0507
I know, I said in my previous post that he could be.

we're not the salvation army, we don't give you aces on the cheap just because you need it

lowwryda354
07-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Jays want to trade Halladay before the 28th or on the 28th because he makes his next scheduled start on the 29th and Richardi doesn't want all on the trade hype to pressure Roy. The Jays have to trade Halladay because if they dont trade him before the 28th, he will become a lot cheaper because 2 years hes a free agent. Right now he can get very good prospects. I think the Yankees will do it because they are very quiet like they were with the Mark Teixiera situation turned out

oak2455
07-21-2009, 10:43 PM
The Mets offer Tom Seaver, Nolan Ryan, and Mike Piazza. I know they're all retired, but at least they're not on the DL.

Thats funny:clap:

lowwryda354
07-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Thats funny:clap:

second that:laugh:

greggreg
07-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Glad your not the GM...you are HIGH

what are you talking about, how is this not a good deal

greggreg
07-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Dude, you CANNOT trade draft picks in MLB.

Can the Jays really have Andy Pettite, Brett Tomko and Brian Bruney.....

The best response to ridiculous trade ideas was on the Jays forum:

wow I am a huge baseball fan and I never knew that. Ok so take away the picks what do you think of the trade now. Because somebody else made a suggestion to trade joba and robinson cano for halladay. Which trade would you rather do. Give up a great second baseman as well as a could pitcher if he reliefs, or give up nothing besides swisher and pettite. Plus pettite is not as great as he used to be and I am sure you can admit that to.

justndav
07-22-2009, 02:22 AM
For the Cubs it would have to be a package like Theriot, Wells/Hart, Samardija, Vitters, and Hoffpauir. And I dont think that would likely be enough. I honestly think Halladay is going to stay in Toronto and likely traded during the Winter meetings in December. Whoever gets him is only getting one season and the price would probably be a little less, plus if the Blue Jays ask a team to take Vernon Wells it means they'll get slightly less yet. I could see the Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, SF Giants, Dodgers, and maybe Angels getting into trade talks with the Blue Jays in the offseason.

Astrohaulic
07-22-2009, 02:55 AM
AAA Round Rock - All of them, MLB Bench, and an appology letter.

T.O. Fan
07-22-2009, 07:45 AM
wow I am a huge baseball fan and I never knew that. Ok so take away the picks what do you think of the trade now. Because somebody else made a suggestion to trade joba and robinson cano for halladay. Which trade would you rather do. Give up a great second baseman as well as a could pitcher if he reliefs, or give up nothing besides swisher and pettite. Plus pettite is not as great as he used to be and I am sure you can admit that to.

Sorry, but neither of those scenarios makes any sense for the Jays.

dj_jewlz
07-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Dodgers Get:
Halladay

BlueJays Get:
Ethier (Dont need to say much about this Guy)
Devaris Gordon: High ceiling SS prospect
Josh Lindblom: Dodgers best pitching spec
McDonald MLB ready Pitcher

No Kershaw... why would we trade starting pitching to attain starting pitching???

greggreg
07-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Sorry, but neither of those scenarios makes any sense for the Jays.

how come?

DieHardColtsfan
07-22-2009, 09:05 AM

Bro are you serious.. Those trades will not work... Yankees dont aquire Halladay w/o the likes of Hughes or Joba matched up with a combination of prospects to choose from- Austin Jackson - Jesus Montero - Mark Melancon etc.. Why on earth will the Jays trade Halladay and aquire Pettitte? And why would we do that? That puts us back at square one, we'll still be short a SP which would mean Sergio Mitre has to stay.

Please tell me how on Earth the Jays improve there team by landing any of these guys?
Andy Pettite
Brett Tomko
Ian Kennedy
Nick Swisher
Francisco Cervelli
Brian Bruney

Pinstripe pride
07-22-2009, 09:08 AM

Andy Pettite
Brett Tomko
Ian Kennedy
Nick Swisher
Cash consideration
Francisco Cervelli
Brian Bruney

why would the jays want andy pettitte. They are rebuilding if they trade halladay, so pettitte doesn't help. Brett Tomko is garbage, they won't want him. You can't trade 1st round picks in baseball, so they are out. So your deal is swisher, kennedy, bruney and cervelli with cash for halladay and vernon wells (neither of who's deal is up at seasons end as you said). The jays will laugh cashman out of the room f he offers that. It would take them about 2 seconds to say no.

Pinstripe pride
07-22-2009, 09:09 AM
how come?

Ian Kennedy was the best prospect mentioned. Thats why it makes no sense to the jays.

StealingSigns
07-22-2009, 09:20 AM
@ greggreg:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks for the laughs, its been a tough week.

T.O. Fan
07-22-2009, 09:59 AM
how come?

If the Jays deal Halladay they want to get back 3 or more top prospects / young players that they can control.

By control, I'm referring to their contracts and not having to pay big $$$ to retain their rights.

It's still a very big "IF" that the Jays trade Halladay at all.

Dark Donnie
07-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Kinda feel bad for Halladay if doesn't get moved to a contender...not really sure how serious they were in moving him in the first place.

MarkieMark48
07-22-2009, 10:12 AM
He will use his NTC if a trade is accepted to where he doesnt go to a contender

MarkieMark48
07-22-2009, 10:15 AM

Andy Pettite
Brett Tomko
Ian Kennedy
Nick Swisher
Cash consideration
Francisco Cervelli
Brian Bruney

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We will also trade you Lyle Overbay and Russ Adams for Mark Teixeira and Derek Jeter, if you pay half their salaries.

Dark Donnie
07-22-2009, 10:18 AM
He will use his NTC if a trade is accepted to where he doesnt go to a contender

I know, I was saying I feel bad for him if he's not traded and stays in Tor. The guy wants to win and I don't think Tor will contend in the next two years.

MarkieMark48
07-22-2009, 10:21 AM
I know, I was saying I feel bad for him if he's not traded and stays in Tor.

Hes said he likes pitching in Toronto, and he has signed 3 contract extensions with the ball club. His wife was on TV earlier in the week talking about how they love the city, and the fans of the Jays, and she got quite emotional. He wont have a problem with staying

Dark Donnie
07-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Hes said he likes pitching in Toronto, and he has signed 3 contract extensions with the ball club. His wife was on TV earlier in the week talking about how they love the city, and the fans of the Jays, and she got quite emotional. He wont have a problem with staying

All his interviews I've seen seem to indicate he wants to win and is ready for a change.

It's not a knock on Toronto but I don't think they'll realistically compete with The Yanks and Sox in he next two years.

MarkieMark48
07-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Ive seen an interview that was shown on sportscenter where he said "I love this city, I love pitching here" then he was asked about wanting to win....."I want to win here, that would be my first choice"

Dark Donnie
07-22-2009, 10:42 AM
If it's the same interview I'm thinking then he does say something like "at this point in my career winning becomes the most important thing." Which was a response to a question about the trade rumors. He knows that Tor doesn't have a good chance to win this year. Again it's obvious that he likes Tor, but in a division with Bos and NY it's tough to compete.