PDA

View Full Version : Perception vs Reality: Rasheed vs Shaq

RaysFan
07-14-2009, 12:09 PM
I have been reading different forums and articles about the NBA's post-season. There are many different opinions about many different topics but here is one opinion that I simply can't wrap my head around...

Why is Boston getting so much love for picking up Rasheed and Cleveland's move for Shaq is more or less pushed to the side?

It baffles me to be honest. For example, Sports Illustrated had a round-table discussion about the off-season and Boston was praised for adding Wallace while the Shaq to Cleveland deal was either pushed aside or mentioned as the 1 move that will disappoint the most.

Shaq has been the better player by a decent margin, even right now. Not only that but I think Boston will suffer a greater opportunity cost as well. All Cleveland had to give up for Shaq was Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic...2 players that are now on the market and can be had if Cleveland even wants them. Boston hasn't given up anything yet, but they could stand to lose Leon Powe and/or Glen Davis.

So why is it that the Wallace move for Boston gets so much applause while the Shaq move for Cleveland is pushed to the side an almost laughed at?

tonyd3b54
07-14-2009, 12:26 PM
i think its that shaq is never in good shape and that cleveland is an up tempo team...

RaysFan
07-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Cleveland is NOT an up-tempo team. Not at all. They play really slow.

CTown81
07-14-2009, 01:11 PM
RaysFan - You are completely right.

The Cavs are a half court team that is based on defense. The only time they run is when they force turnovers and they do not need Shaq to run the floor to convert on the run outs. Lebron goes 1 vs 3 on breaks all the time is either fouled or dunks it anyway.

Whoever thinks CLE is an up tempo team has not watched many Cavs games. They walk it up the floor...

My opinion is that Boston is one of the darling franchises of the league so whatever they do at this time is seen as golden. The media would love to see Lebron out of Cleveland because it would be a good story for them to write so anything the Cavs do is only so-so. You cannot give credit to the CLE front office if as the media you are trying to paint the Cavs organization as 2nd tier.

As far as forum posters its really the same. Lebron is basically a player you either love or hate at this point. Why give the Cavs any credit on a really solid off-season. Its much easier to ridicule it with zero factual evidence.

Bottom line is the Cavs are a much stronger team going into the season. Actions will speak for themselves when Sheed is bumbling around in Boston and getting technical fouls as Boston fades back behind Cleveland and Orlando while Shaq will be shining in the role he will need to fill in CLE.

KnicksorBust
07-14-2009, 01:14 PM
I think it's a GREAT question. There's some odd perception that Shaq will clog the lane and make things worse for LeBron. When in the history of the whole NBA giving a player like LeBron a legit big man has always helped. He didn't clog the lane for Wade so why would he for LeBron. The interesting thing to me is how much Shaq and Z we will see simultaneously.

KnicksorBust
07-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Rasheed helps take pressure of KG while Shaq helps take pressure off Lebron. Who needs more help ? I think Lebron.

MAC10TIZZY
07-14-2009, 01:16 PM
i feel you on this, shaq is so scary, its just almost like its got to be to good to be true..........the best sf and the second best center in the league...how are they gonna co exist though.........sheed is also a very good pick up tooo though..to be continued.....

RaysFan
07-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Rasheed as well. I think he is a good player and makes Boston deeper. But I think Shaq is the better player (by a good margin) and at the end of the day I think Cleveland will have to give up less to get him.

blah-blah
07-14-2009, 01:25 PM
because boston has a better starting five
garnett
wallace
pierce
allen
rondo

lijuap18
07-14-2009, 01:53 PM
This is a great debate. It could go both ways. I would say that Wallace being added to Celts gets more hype than Shaq to Cavs just because of the so called "perfect fit" KG was talking about. First of all Sheed is a unique athlete. Because of how versatile he is and being able to play both sides of the court effectively even at his age of 34 makes him a great fit on any championship contending team, even Cavs. I don't think same can be said about Shaq (Suns where not successful with him as key). If Shaq isnt getting his touches he isn't happy, he isn't affective. Shaq is not one of those guys who will be happy scoring just 2pts a game. He will have not effect on the game, but Sheed is the opposite. His presence on the court and athletic body will have an affect on the game even if he don't have big #'s. Pretty simply put what Sheed brings to most teams is the missing piece to take them over the top just like he did in 2004 which every athlete cant be.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I think its because wallace is goin to b a bench player here and we were the better team to begin with

Chronz
07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Morons the lot of them, just look at the reasoning. One of them said something about Shaq not being able to defend Dwight. I emailed him my response, he has yet to respond back. Usually it takes about 2 days to get a reply so Ill give him more time, but my guess is, hes full of ****.

Raoul Duke
07-14-2009, 02:30 PM
This is a good question. I think a lot of the sentiment stems from the contracts. Rasheed is a much better value at his current price tag than Shaq is at his. Of course Shaq is worth more than Rasheed, but is he worth 14 million more?

I think the Rasheed signing also improves the C's defense, which is probably the best in the league already. Say what you will about Rasheed, but he is still one of the savviest post defenders in the NBA, and he has owned Dwight Howard for the last three years.

So yeah, Shaq is a better player and a better addition. But the Cavs with Shaq are still not as good as the Celtics with Rasheed.

plpfctn
07-14-2009, 02:38 PM
I think its because wallace is goin to b a bench player here and we were the better team to begin with

Sheed disagrees with you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFl-66WrF_o

BostonWeedz
07-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Bottom line is the Cavs are a much stronger team going into the season. Actions will speak for themselves when Sheed is bumbling around in Boston and getting technical fouls as Boston fades back behind Cleveland and Orlando

It's going to be close between the 1 and 2 seed but you really think Orlando will be better than Boston with KG back?

tr3ymill3r
07-14-2009, 02:43 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Shaq is old and only seems motivated every once in a while. Rasheed Wallace is more versatile, however sometimes his motivation gets in his way as well. Sheed has more left in him than Shaq.

J-Relo
07-14-2009, 02:46 PM
because boston has a better starting five
garnett
wallace
pierce
allen
rondo

it's not all about starting five it's about offseason moves...

Cavs | A

Got Shaq+Parker, lost Wallace+Pavlovic. They didn't lose someone who would make a huge impact. Shaq will solve many problems (Ben was losing his game last season, so this season would have been even worse) and you can replace Pavlovic with other bench player, but they even added possibly a starter (Parker is the best option - score, clutch 3pt, solid defender). They might need one more piece, but so far this offseason only made them better. A.

Celtics | B-

Thus far they got Rasheed, nice player who can shoot from everywhere, rebound and play some D, but also get technicals, a lot of them. Well, he will help, no doubt. But if they lose two young and potential guys (Powe, Davis) it's not going to be good, it's gonna be a bad offseason. Now i can rate them only B-.

Shaq move > Rasheed Move

CaesarTheParrot
07-14-2009, 02:54 PM
i think its that shaq is never in good shape and that cleveland is an up tempo team...

Have you ever watched a cleveland game? Far from up tempo my friend. Shaq fits us perfectly.

CaesarTheParrot
07-14-2009, 02:56 PM
i feel you on this, shaq is so scary, its just almost like its got to be to good to be true..........the best sf and the second best center in the league...how are they gonna co exist though.........sheed is also a very good pick up tooo though..to be continued.....

exactly right. I think they will coexist well though because they've been friends for a while.

J-Relo
07-14-2009, 03:05 PM
i think its that shaq is never in good shape...

Shaq was in a good shape with the Suns, and still is in a really good shape.

...cleveland is an up tempo team...

No they aren't. I haven't watched many Cav games but i know that Cavs aren't up tempo team... They run fast when needed - fastbreaKS... but that's it... Shaq fits great.

Nexus
07-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Boston already matched up better with Orlando and now even more so. Look at how well Detroit matched up with Orlando in prior years - largely because of Sheed on Dwight.

I think it might be a case of

Boston > Orlando
Cleveland > Boston
Orlando > Cleveland

Ron_Mexico
07-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Wallace can't really hurt the Celtics. His personality has gotten better over the years and shouldn't be a problem because he's friends with Garnett. He's not going to drastically change their style of play.

Shaq is old and takes up a lot of space. Who knows if he will work well with LeBron.

Celts437
07-14-2009, 03:45 PM
This is a very good question...Seems that the Shaq move should be getting just as much attention as the Rasheed move. In my opinion both moves were perfect for each team and both teams have improved significantly which is a scary thought.

The Cavs have been a half court team for several years. They add an inside offensive and defensive presence in Shaq while their other big man Ilgauskas spreads the floor with his great outside shooting. This gives Cleveland a huge edge in so many factors on offense with the big man inside outside game, they will be monsters on rebounding even better than last year and now u got two huge men on the inside defensively to fend off any penetration. With Ilgauskas on the outside and Shaq inside the lane will not be clogged for Lebron, I expect a lot of Shaq dunks from great lebron passes this year.

The Celtics got exactly what they needed, a very good defender in Wallace as well as a big man who can really spread the floor. Big Baby and Powe are decent defenders and Baby has a pretty good jumper,but neither of them can head out to three point land and spread the floor for Rajon Rondo. Now teams won't be able to "play off Rondo and force him to take jumpers" that is a downright scary scenario right there. End of games Pierce, Ray Allen, Wallace, K.G., Rondo....4 guys who can nail an open shot from the outside and a point guard who's penetration cant be stopped.

My opinion is both signings are fantastic, make each team better, and Im not sure anyone can really argue that either is a better move.

Jaji
07-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Wallace is coming in to be the 4th option. That's a mean 4th option because he can score from anywhere on the floor. He improves Boston more than Shaq improves Cleveland. Shaq is over the hill and Cleveland is expecting too much from him. Meanwhile Boston will probably get more than they expected from Sheed.

Both teams played hard :)

Jaji
07-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Plus Sheed will play both ends of the floor.

rapswin98
07-14-2009, 07:36 PM
i think its that shaq is never in good shape and that cleveland is an up tempo team...since when???

Sly Guy
07-14-2009, 08:36 PM
because :
Wallace >>> Davis, Perkins
Shaq >= Big Z.

madiaz3
07-14-2009, 08:37 PM
I think it's a GREAT question. There's some odd perception that Shaq will clog the lane and make things worse for LeBron. When in the history of the whole NBA giving a player like LeBron a legit big man has always helped. He didn't clog the lane for Wade so why would he for LeBron. The interesting thing to me is how much Shaq and Z we will see simultaneously.

Other teams respected Wade and Kobe's ability to shoot the ball. Lebron isn't the same kind of player, Lebron has a good 50 pounds on each of them.

lakers4sho
07-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Other teams respected Wade and Kobe's ability to shoot the ball. Lebron isn't the same kind of player, Lebron has a good 50 pounds on each of them.

Right. Wade's midrange J is certainly better than LeBron's.

ShakeN'Bake
07-14-2009, 08:45 PM
I wonder if it has anything to do with the rumor of Shaq going to the Cavs back at the trade deadline and they talked a lot about it back then. Where as the Sheed deal is fresh. Could be why the media is paying more heed to the Celtics.

Wilson
07-14-2009, 08:52 PM
I didn't really like either move :shrug: I don't think Shaq will mesh with LeBron, and I think the Celtics would have been better letting their young bigs grow...

StevenStrasburg
07-14-2009, 08:59 PM

Shaq is in no way the second best center in the game. You're insane dude.

The Sheed move is a better move than the Shaq move. Sheed is a better shooter by far and is still one of the better post defenders--as someone said earlier--he owned Dwight Howard. Sheed also doesn't have the ego of Shaq who needs attention and the ball continuously. Sheed is much more versatile and I don't think that Shaq will be in shape, look at him last year.

magichatnumber9
07-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Next season will be very interesting because with james having so much upper body weight his knees should start breaking down very soon. The guy dunks like he is still 16. Its only a matter of time and he is putting some serious mileage on those knees and ankles.

SteveNash
07-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Rasheed is the better team player period. Rasheed fits in better with Boston or with Cleveland with their style of play.

Shaq still thinks he's great and will demand the ball, which will lead to friction as soon as the going gets tough and LeBron starts going 1 on 5 hogging the ball.

Rasheed is comfortable playing defense and shooting jumpshots with occasional forays into the paint.

Shaq is comfortable being lazy, demanding the ball, and throwing coaches/teammates under the bus when he doesn't get his touches.

LE-SHAQ
07-14-2009, 09:32 PM
There seems to be a media sentiment against some of the older star players the mdia wants to discard them. I dont know why, ai for example a year ago he averaged 26 points a game for denver, he wasnt a good fit in denver and now he's over the hill and lost a step?????
But we are talking about shaq, in phoenix everyone new that there run and gun style would not fit with shaq. Even at 25 that was not the style for shaq. In cleveland we play half court and have a dynamic player. That recipe has gotten every team shaq has played on to the finals. Matching shaq with lebron is a no brainer if we had pulled the trigger in feb we would have gotten to the finals this year.

Sheed is a good player but better than average when he's motivated. The celts lose powe, big baby, and no back up point gaurd. They have no bench and allen is a year older and garnett (a 15 year vet is coming off a major knee injury)who knows what you will get odds are he wont be a shadow of what he was.

Sheed is a good addition but not a game changer , shaq makes the game change

Chronz
07-14-2009, 09:32 PM

Right. Wade's midrange J is certainly better than LeBron's.

Not even close, Wade in those days didnt have the midrange J, Bron is more consistent and has more range in his jumper than that Wade did.

JumpShot Efficiency In the first 2 seasons Wade and Shaq were together:
05: 53%JumpShots (.389eFG%) 7.1PPG
06: 60%JumpShots (.393eFG%) 8.9PPG

LeBron last season:
09: 64%JumpShots (.427eFG%)

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2585/shotchartcomps.jpg (http://img509.imageshack.us/i/shotchartcomps.jpg/)

They will be fine so long as they find another quality shooting 4 man, but yes, if its going to be Shaq and AV Bron will have it harder. Now if he plays the 4, then it wont be a problem at all.

LE-SHAQ
07-14-2009, 09:35 PM
rasheed is the better team player period. Rasheed fits in better with boston or with cleveland with their style of play.

Shaq still thinks he's great and will demand the ball, which will lead to friction as soon as the going gets tough and lebron starts going 1 on 5 hogging the ball.

Rasheed is comfortable playing defense and shooting jumpshots with occasional forays into the paint.

Shaq is comfortable being lazy, demanding the ball, and throwing coaches/teammates under the bus when he doesn't get his touches.

this will be lebron's best real chance at averaging a triple double. Lbj has been criticized for passing too much not "going one on five". Shaq shoots 60% for his career that should add 2-3 assist per game to lbj plus mo and west will only improve after thier first full season playing as backcourt mates. Watch and see.

StevenStrasburg
07-14-2009, 09:38 PM
and garnett (a 15 year vet is coming off a major knee injury)who knows what you will get odds are he wont be a shadow of what he was.

You're kidding right? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Garnett will be a shadow of what he was? Dude--you're ********.

LE-SHAQ
07-14-2009, 09:45 PM
not even close, wade in those days didnt have the midrange j, bron is more consistent and has more range in his jumper than that wade did.

Jumpshot efficiency in the first 2 seasons wade and shaq were together:
05: 53%jumpshots (.389efg%) 7.1ppg
06: 60%jumpshots (.393efg%) 8.9ppg

lebron last season:
09: 64%jumpshots (.427efg%)

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2585/shotchartcomps.jpg (http://img509.imageshack.us/i/shotchartcomps.jpg/)

they will be fine so long as they find another quality shooting 4 man, but yes, if its going to be shaq and av bron will have it harder. Now if he plays the 4, then it wont be a problem at all.

we dont need a shooting 4 that will only hurt the team. With lebron, shaq and mo there are only so many shots, that's why ferry commited to av. We need role players who can affgect the game without shooting. Keep shaq happy feed the big dog, of course lbj will get his and when the big fellas rest then turn mo lose. Av plays defense, draws fouls on bigs,rebounds and hustles, he wont complain about shots, those are the same reasons we should keep joe smith, he will play his role.

SteveNash
07-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Not even close, Wade in those days didnt have the midrange J, Bron is more consistent and has more range in his jumper than that Wade did.

JumpShot Efficiency In the first 2 seasons Wade and Shaq were together:
05: 53%JumpShots (.389eFG%) 7.1PPG
06: 60%JumpShots (.393eFG%) 8.9PPG

LeBron last season:
09: 64%JumpShots (.427eFG%)

They will be fine so long as they find another quality shooting 4 man, but yes, if its going to be Shaq and AV Bron will have it harder. Now if he plays the 4, then it wont be a problem at all.

Wade is better than LeBron playing off the ball, just like Penny and Kobe were. LeBron's game is still really immature and that's why he'll have problems playing with Shaq.

Varejao has been working on his shot even if he isn't very effective at it and is the main reason LeBron is able to play at the 4. Don't expect Cleveland to play LeBron/Shaq at the 4/5.

LE-SHAQ
07-14-2009, 09:55 PM
boston already matched up better with orlando and now even more so. Look at how well detroit matched up with orlando in prior years - largely because of sheed on dwight.

I think it might be a case of

boston > orlando
cleveland > boston
orlando > cleveland

cavs were two shots from beating the magic with z as our starting center. The question is who improves their new team more.no question shaq makes us better and we only lose wallace(who was retiring any way, and sasha(whos been replace by a better player in anthony carter)

boston loses powe, and baby davis two powerhouse young impact players(big baby came out during the playoffs, his career is on the rise) sheed hasn't made in impact in two years. Maybe he has an impact. But the bigger question in boston is how does garnett come back? The fact that sheed is coming off the bench in boston and shaq is starting should say it all.

ss626907
07-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Shaq is a much better pick up than Wallace....and the cavs are better than the celtics no question....people are quick to forget that the celtics barly took out the cavs two years ago with a healthy garnet a remarkable game 7 from paul pierce (that will never happen again)... and home court....since then the cavs added mo williams, shaq, and anthony parker.....the celtics have added rasheed....(rondo< williams) (pierce< lebron) (garnett = shaq) (allen > west) ( wallace > av)......statring lineups pretty close...but the cavs now have anthony parker, jj hickson, and Z who all didnt come off the bench two years ago and in any one posession game im takin lebron

LE-SHAQ
07-14-2009, 10:00 PM
you're kidding right? Hahahahahahaha! Garnett will be a shadow of what he was? Dude--you're ********.

name even one player in the history of the nba that had a major knee injury after 15 seasons and came back the same? Name even one. I love garnett hes a great hall of fame player and he has been a great guy, never heard his name in one scandal. The reality is his injury was much worse than initially reported. It was suppose to be a few weeks , then they said by playoffs, then they said next season? That's not good for any player much less one with that many nba years.

stawka
07-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Next season will be very interesting because with james having so much upper body weight his knees should start breaking down very soon. The guy dunks like he is still 16. Its only a matter of time and he is putting some serious mileage on those knees and ankles.

LMAO dude, you killed it

LE-SHAQ
07-14-2009, 10:09 PM
shaq is in no way the second best center in the game. You're insane dude.

The sheed move is a better move than the shaq move. Sheed is a better shooter by far and is still one of the better post defenders--as someone said earlier--he owned dwight howard. Sheed also doesn't have the ego of shaq who needs attention and the ball continuously. Sheed is much more versatile and i don't think that shaq will be in shape, look at him last year.

simple fact noone double teams sheed, if you dont doble shaq he will still get 25 and 10 a night. Shaq and lebron are the new magic and kareem

LE-SHAQ
07-14-2009, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=stawka;10147105]LMAO dude, you killed it[/QUO

TE]

YOUR AGRUMENT IS LEBRONS KNEES AND ANKLES BECAUSE HES TOO HEAVY??? WTF.......
THE THREAD IS ABOUT SHAQ VS SHEED, BY YOUR LOGIC SHAQ HAS 3 FINALS MVP'S AND FOUR RINGS SIX FINAL APPEARANCES. SHEED HAS ONE RING AND WILL ONLY MAKE THE HALL OF FAME FOR MOST TECHNICAL FOULS.

JordansBulls
07-14-2009, 10:33 PM
I have been reading different forums and articles about the NBA's post-season. There are many different opinions about many different topics but here is one opinion that I simply can't wrap my head around...

Why is Boston getting so much love for picking up Rasheed and Cleveland's move for Shaq is more or less pushed to the side?

It baffles me to be honest. For example, Sports Illustrated had a round-table discussion about the off-season and Boston was praised for adding Wallace while the Shaq to Cleveland deal was either pushed aside or mentioned as the 1 move that will disappoint the most.

Shaq has been the better player by a decent margin, even right now. Not only that but I think Boston will suffer a greater opportunity cost as well. All Cleveland had to give up for Shaq was Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic...2 players that are now on the market and can be had if Cleveland even wants them. Boston hasn't given up anything yet, but they could stand to lose Leon Powe and/or Glen Davis.

So why is it that the Wallace move for Boston gets so much applause while the Shaq move for Cleveland is pushed to the side an almost laughed at?

Because the Celtics got Rasheed for Free, while the Cavs had to trade a 4x DPOY in Ben Wallace for Shaq.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-14-2009, 10:36 PM

no man the cavs were better they killed you in cleveland they would have had homecourt and smashed u then would have got crushed by us in 5

prodigy
07-14-2009, 10:38 PM
everyone loves boston, everyone hates cleveland. nuff said?

RaysFan
07-14-2009, 10:47 PM

Saying Boston is better to begin with is debatable at best. I think Cleveland was inches away from Boston in 2008, the C's got older and injured in 2009, and now coming up in 2010 I would put my money on Cleveland. If Cleveland gets HCA, it is over before it starts.

RaysFan
07-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Rasheed Wallace literally quit on his team. That is a (can't say the word I want to) move. He averaged what...11 points and 7 rebounds per game while Shaq averaged 18 and 8. Sheed also played more minutes per game. And worst yet, Sheed averaged a PATHETIC 6 and 6 in the playoffs. That is a ***** move. Everyone knows it.

OTOH Shaq had a very good year playing on a disappointing team. He was better than Sheed last year and he has been better than Sheed for his career.

The arguments for Rasheed are very flimsy. I think the reasoning behind this perception is two-fold...

1. People forget how average Sheed is at this point in his career. He just isn't a great player.

2. People compare Shaq right now to Shaq of 5 years ago. If you just take Shaq for what he is right now, a very powerful Center that can give you 20 and 10 on a given night, then you will respect him far more.

mrjames7
07-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Wallace is coming in to be the 4th option. That's a mean 4th option because he can score from anywhere on the floor. He improves Boston more than Shaq improves Cleveland. Shaq is over the hill and Cleveland is expecting too much from him. Meanwhile Boston will probably get more than they expected from Sheed.

Both teams played hard :)

Cleveland won 66 games last year and swept through two rounds of the playoffs. One of those teams they swept had Rasheed Wallace on it. They are not expecting much from Shaq. This will be the easiest season he has had. They still have Big Z and Varejoa and the leagues best player in Lebron. Shaq will only play 25 minutes a night during the regular season. I really don't understand the comment they will expect too much from Shaq? Shaq was the second best center in the league last year but Cleveland just need him for the playoffs against Howard if they meet. No one can still guard Shaq one on one and this spells trouble if Lebron is running around single covered.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-14-2009, 11:16 PM
why does le-shaq think everyone except him is wrong? that should say enough about this thread.

cleveland has been overhyped by espn for a few years now. i really dont care what they say anymore. its all about what actually happens.

as for Sheed vs. Shaq:

Rasheed fills a gigantic need. Shaq is replacing Big Z's minutes who was doing a good job

Vee-Rex
07-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Cleveland has more haters than Boston. That's the whole explanation.

I have seen more stupid arguments than anything.

1. Shaq will clog the lane!

2. Shaq will get injured!

3. Shaq and Lebron will fuss!

4. Shaq will want the ball more!

5. Shaq won't play well in a cold city! It'll wear on his bones!

6. Shaq will be one year old so despite the solid numbers he put up, he won't be effective at all!!

7. Shaq didn't work well in Phoenix because they were a running offense!

Blah blah blah. Stupid argument after stupid argument. I love Boston and everything (KG is my favorite player), but Cleveland gets more hate than any other team. Lebron gets more hate than Wade and Kobe.

The only time Boston got more hate was when Ray Ray and KG first joined, and they hadn't won a championship yet. People are hatin' on them so bad for having the best record it was ridiculous, lol.

blastmasta26
07-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Whenever the Cavs are criticized for some reason, their fans start blaming it on the amount of hate they get. That's ridiculous, I'm an NY fan, so the Celtics are one of my most hated teams. I don't care about the Cavs. But Sheed is a better pickup for Boston because he's gonna be their 6th man, and add to their already ridiculous depth. Shaq's a good pickup too, but the Cavs still have big holes. Realistically, Shaq was picked up to stop Dwight Howard and the Celtics' big men. Shaq's weakness is playing against the pick and roll, which the Magic run excessively, so Dwight Howard shouldn't have a problem getting his points. And the Celtics' big men are athletic enough to do the same. Simply put, the Celtics solved their problems by getting Sheed while the Cavs still have problems at power forward and shooting guard. Anthony Parker and Anderson Varejao ain't getting it done.

tr4shb0t
07-15-2009, 01:05 AM
1. shaq is old and fat and not in great shape. his numbers are significantly worse on the road and in back to back games
2. shaq will demand the ball a lot (in addition to mo needing more attention)...may cause chemistry problems
3. cavs still don't have someone who can shoot consistently well... too many people relying on the paint points