PDA

View Full Version : A tribute to the one and only Carlos Perez.

NYYCowboys
07-14-2009, 02:04 AM
I was just watching a replay of the 1995 MLB allstar game on the MLB network, and I was reminded of one of the funniest baseball players of all-time....Carlos Perez of the Montreal Expos and Los Angeles Dodgers. At the time Felipe Alou selected the promising young Perez as the Expos lone representative at the 1995 allstar game. He came in to face Cal Ripken, and I couldn't believe my eyes after every strike he threw he pumped his fist...I knew he pumped his fist after striking people out, but after every strike and foul ball? HAHAHA. If it weren't for a season ending injury in 1996 that cost him a lot of velocity on his fastball he could have easily been the top starter of his generation at the very least. Who could forget when he would get up at bat and just swing as hard as he could every single time, and belted 4 homeruns? Or after being pulled from a game while on the Dodgers taking a bat in the dugout and striking the water cooler 14 times before storming off into the clubhouse? Or when violently shook the head of a flight attendant on a Dodgers chartered flight causing her to have spinal surgery? Or when he "fell asleep" behind the wheel of his car and when the officer asked him if he had been drinking he said "not too many," failed the field sobriety test and got away with it? It was a true shame he only pitched 5 full seasons in the Majors before being banished to the minors for the rest of his great career. If anyone has any footage of him pumping his fist it would be greatly appreciated if you could post the link in this forum because I can't get enough of it. Also feel free to share you're favorite Carlos Perez memories and stories, or just your overall opinion on such a marvel of a man, and possibly the most entertaining player in the history of professional sports. Major League Baseball needs another player with his swagger, tenacity and showmanship to lift baseball back where it belongs, America's pastime and number one sport.

S.P.
07-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Didn't he have a rape charge too?

Yankees213
07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
The guy sounds like a nutcase, I don't see what's so special.

DrewGold21
07-14-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm 17 years old and didn't really ever get to see this guy play... but from the sound of it he sounds like a moron, and as S.P. stated a nutcase haha. You're acting as though this guy should be a role model or something???

NYYCowboys
07-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Didn't he have a rape charge too?

Yes in fact 3 rape charges but all of them were lies according to him and I believe him

NYYCowboys
07-14-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm 17 years old and didn't really ever get to see this guy play... but from the sound of it he sounds like a moron, and as S.P. stated a nutcase haha. You're acting as though this guy should be a role model or something???

I'm 22 and was lucky enough to catch his final years. I feel sorry for you man you missed out. And yes I think he's a great role model. Anyone who pumps his fist after every strike teaches youngsters a great lesson not to be afraid to express yourself even if others don't like it, and when he hit the water cooler with the bat 14 times he proved once again that expressing yourself in a healthy manner is good for you, better the cooler than another flight attendant.

Pinstripe pride
07-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Yes in fact 3 rape charges but all of them were lies according to him and I believe him

i'm pretty sure everyone says rape charges are lies, whether they did it or not

zambo4president
07-14-2009, 02:42 PM

Kobe did`nt do it either :laugh:

NYYCowboys
07-14-2009, 07:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVE_mHw-jBY

#7 is when Carlos Perez hits the cooler 14 times.

bringinwood
07-15-2009, 06:52 AM

Damn...

I really hope he didn't rape those women... That temper if pretty damn bad... If it's that bad when a dude tells him no your done... Imagine how bad it is when a chick tells him that...

DrewGold21
07-15-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm 22 and was lucky enough to catch his final years. I feel sorry for you man you missed out. And yes I think he's a great role model. Anyone who pumps his fist after every strike teaches youngsters a great lesson not to be afraid to express yourself even if others don't like it, and when he hit the water cooler with the bat 14 times he proved once again that expressing yourself in a healthy manner is good for you, better the cooler than another flight attendant.

Haha I guess it all depends on which way you look at it, some people would also consider that bad sportsmanship and use him a role model of what NOT to be...but everyone's different. And damn, I hope that's not what he did to those women!!! hahaha

ThisIsTheYear
07-16-2009, 03:19 PM

The worst part is it looked like he missed about half of his swings.

Giannis94
07-16-2009, 08:32 PM

agreed

boms-4
07-16-2009, 08:40 PM
i remember seeing him hit the cooler on TSN top 10's all the time lol

cheerio
07-16-2009, 10:40 PM

they are always lies

fanofclendennon
07-17-2009, 09:49 AM

Three rape charges huh and all of them were lies?

I suppose OJ was innocent too?

fanofclendennon
07-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Or when violently shook the head of a flight attendant on a Dodgers chartered flight causing her to have spinal surgery? Or when he "fell asleep" behind the wheel of his car and when the officer asked him if he had been drinking he said "not too many," failed the field sobriety test and got away with it?

Wow! I'm sure you must have been real proud of your hero!

NYYCowboys
07-18-2009, 11:04 PM
hahaha cmon guys I'm obviously exaggerating and joking around a little, but seriously me and a few of my buddies were watching the 95 allstar game like the night before the allstar game and seeing him pitch was entertaining and hilarious....we were thinking about making a drinking game where everytime he pumped his fist we would drink, but he only lasted like 3 batters.