PDA

View Full Version : Kupchak not hopeful of re-signing Odom

JordansBulls
07-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Link (http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/07/13/kupchak-not-hopeful-of-getting-odom/20583/)

Forget all that good vibe about Lamar Odom re-signing with the Lakers. Mitch Kupchak’s gut feeling is that it won’t happen.

Kupchak said Monday he was “not as hopeful” of reaching a deal with Odom as he was last week. He said that the Lakers and Odom’s representative, agent Jeff Schwartz, “are not on the same page” and there are no further talks planned.

The Lakers were believed to have offered Odom $8 million-plus, but Odom has been seeking at least $10 million.

“I understand it’s a business, but I’m suprised it has taken this long to get to this point,” he said at halftime of the Lakers-Clippers Summer League game.

Mile High Champ
07-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Even with artest, Losing Odom and Ariza is not good at all for this team. Not a fan of that lakers bench..

Quello scelto
07-14-2009, 12:02 AM
I am, Walton, Farmar, Sasha, Powell isn't horrible

lakers4sho
07-14-2009, 12:03 AM

Oh, it is. Trust me. It is.

Joshtd1
07-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Thats not good for the Lakers...wonder who he would go to though?

Raph12
07-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Oh ye that's pretty horrible, the sixth man of 2010 is possibly leaving LA for Portland, when I told other "Laker Fans" not to be TOO arrogant saying Odom will take the lesser way out, people laughed and said why leave LA for Portland. Well, more minutes, more respect, more touches, more individual glory and 2m more dollars. Now I think Odom may still return but it's not looking good right now, I think I may have to pull out the "I told you so" soon

DCB/LAL
07-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Thats not good for the Lakers...wonder who he would go to though?

Trade him and fillers to PHX for Amare!!!

GoatMilk
07-14-2009, 12:13 AM
I take it back. Lamar was just late. He just showed up around 730 and was kind enough to answer questions

Odom said he's still ``hopeful'' he'll be back with the Lakers.

Odom: ``It's business. It takes a little bit of the fun out of the game, but it's part of it.

Odom: ``That's how negotiations are. Sometimes you're right on the same page and sometiems you're way off, that's just part of it.

Odom says he doesn't regret coming off the bench last season. ``We won a title,'' he said, pointing to the TV screen showing highlights.

still1ballin
07-14-2009, 12:14 AM

No.....Sasha is going to have a better year, he can't do any worse then he did this year. Powell has been consistent each time we needed him and has a sweet jumpshot. Farmar had injury problems and I feel he came back too early, but help us a lot during the Houston series, and Walton was also great in the playoffs, smart player too. They are all great role players.

king4day
07-14-2009, 12:14 AM

There's not a single name you mentioned who would be a 7th man off the bench for probably any of the top contenders this coming year.
Believe me, if Odom doesn't resign, you can move the Spurs ahead as the clear favorites in the West.

still1ballin
07-14-2009, 12:17 AM
There's not a single name you mentioned who would be a 7th man off the bench for probably any of the top contenders this coming year.
Believe me, if Odom doesn't resign, you can move the Spurs ahead as the clear favorites in the West.

HAH Yeah if they can stay healthy:rolleyes:

willthethrill22
07-14-2009, 12:20 AM
if Odom leaves, they will still be elite, but not a runaway favorite

Joshtd1
07-14-2009, 12:20 AM

Would have to be a sign and trade..and I dont think PHX would do that.

goku
07-14-2009, 12:25 AM
yea lakers bench would look so hot without odom even though he is overrated imo but i was thinking couldnt the bring artest off the bench i mean just start walton artest would get more shots in the second unit thab starting

Phxtoday
07-14-2009, 12:27 AM

keep dreamin :rolleyes:

Lakerfrk
07-14-2009, 12:27 AM
I actually really DO think Phoenix would do that... and hell, I'd take it... but I think I'd just be satisfied with Odom staying!!!

Odom is already happy to come off the bench.... Amare or Bynum would not be....

carter15
07-14-2009, 12:30 AM
I really think this wud be a huge loss...lik one guy said...Spurs wud be ahead if Lakers cudnt keep Odom...i wouldn't go that far but i'd say it'd be dead even between the 2 teams...odom wud be a really big loss....and lik a laker fan responded "if they can stay healthy"...thats true for any team..u guys wud need Bynum healthy so it goes both ways...u usually cant predict injuries.

Mr.Nate30
07-14-2009, 12:30 AM

i beleave they will stay healthy and become champs if they dont sign

ko8e24
07-14-2009, 12:32 AM
i beleave they will stay healthy and become champs if they dont sign

Well, i wouldnt say champs, but they'll definitely come out of the west to make the finals if lakers don't resign odom

JJ_JKidd
07-14-2009, 12:33 AM
There goes the repeat for my Lakers. Im gonna go to Asia for a vacation, I hope I catch Kobe there in one of his Asia Nike tours and im gonna personally ask him this thing with Odom. Trust me Lakers dont repeat without Odom... They lost Ariza okay they gained Artest so its like 1:1 and losing Odom would really hurt.

Without Odom Lakers Wont Repeat. Mods mark this post because im gonna bet my PSD account if the Lakers repeat next season. :clap:

KaganRS
07-14-2009, 12:39 AM
Odom is stuck , nobody is going to want to help the Lakers in a sign and trade , and nobody really has 10 mil to spend

zambo4president
07-14-2009, 12:50 AM

Dont forget Brown and Morrison. Its not horrible but its weak.

Raph12
07-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Odom is stuck , nobody is going to want to help the Lakers in a sign and trade , and nobody really has 10 mil to spend

Portland will as soon as Utah matches for Millsap and after having yet another free agent pryed from KP's hands he may just go all-in for Odom. Sorry to say that would makea healthy San Antonio favs in the West but beating a healthy Celts, Cavs or Magic in the east, may not happen for the Spurs. LA needs Odom to win it for the whole Western Conf. lol, they'd be the only team to take the big 3 eastern teams

MajorFloridaFan
07-14-2009, 01:08 AM
THIS WOULD BE A BLESSING as a magic fan he killed us match-up wise

BTownTeamsRKing
07-14-2009, 01:30 AM

are u wishing injury upon someone? no good. no good.

Highlight
07-14-2009, 01:37 AM

Exactly.

The chances of Odom getting more than 8 million a year (Lakers offered "North" of 8 million a year) is very slim.

Paul Millsap's offer sheet is for four years and 32 million. That's 8 million for the people that don't want to do the math.

The only way Odom gets his money is if the Thunder use their money, which they stated they won't or if there is a sign and trade with a team who is willing to pay Odom for 10 million. I doubt Portland will do it because they haven't targeted Odom yet according to reports, so why pay him 10 million!?

There is a possibility with Detroit's 5 million extra dollars, they could possibly complete this sign and trade, but they already have Charlie Villanueva.

To be honest, even with the economy going well it would have been tough for him to get 10 million per. Not to mention he'll be 30 this November.

Regardless, anything is possible in the NBA and if Odom leaves LA, it will affect their chances at a 2nd title. Anyone who says otherwise isn't thinking straight. After the first couple months of the season, they will realize how important Odom's versatility was to the Lakers. Odom's inconsistency may annoy fans, but when he has it going, his versatility is tough to match. Especially his defense.

Ask Orlando's fans just how tough Odom was.

Raph12
07-14-2009, 01:39 AM
are u wishing injury upon someone? no good. no good.

lol you're just saying that because if San Antonio's team is old, yours would be considered ancient in basketball terms and most likely to be hit with injuries. I sort of hope there are no injuries at all next year even if it could level the playing field a little because alot of teams are too stacked, but I hope no one is injured so teams won't be like "see now if insert injured player's name here was here we would have won" - no excuses, you either win or you lose. period.

MajorFloridaFan
07-14-2009, 01:41 AM
Exactly.

The chances of Odom getting more than 8 million a year (Lakers offered "North" of 8 million a year) is very slim.

Paul Millsap's offer sheet is for four years and 32 million. That's 8 million for the people that don't want to do the math.

The only way Odom gets his money is if the Thunder use their money, which they stated they won't or if there is a sign and trade with a team who is willing to pay Odom for 10 million. I doubt Portland will do it because they haven't targeted Odom yet according to reports, so why pay him 10 million!?

There is a possibility with Detroit's 5 million extra dollars, they could possibly complete this sign and trade, but they already have Charlie Villanueva.

To be honest, even with the economy going well it would have been tough for him to get 10 million per. Not to mention he'll be 30 this November.

Regardless, anything is possible in the NBA and if Odom leaves LA, it will affect their chances at a 2nd title. Anyone who says otherwise isn't thinking straight. After the first couple months of the season, they will realize how important Odom's versatility was to the Lakers.

Um not true the magic due!!!! 8-9 mill trade exemption and Reddick ROFL it does match up money wise they would never do it...hate to see us in the finals again

Highlight
07-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Um not true the magic due!!!! 8-9 mill trade exemption and Reddick ROFL it does match up money wise they would never do it...hate to see us in the finals again

I doubt the Magic even look at Odom after matching Gortat's contract offer of 5 years and 34 million. They are pretty locked up financially.

Good for them though. I think Gortat has a lot of potential and could be a good big in this league. It's going to be tough for his game to develop behind Dwight though. Maybe they will go big with a line up of Dwight and Gortat, but who knows? If they can build some good chemistry, they could punish smaller teams... Anyways it's best to get back on topic.

Like I said before, I doubt Orlando even looks Odom's way.

E.O.21
07-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Without odom the lakers will make the finals but wont be able to beat a healthy boston team

MajorFloridaFan
07-14-2009, 01:45 AM
I doubt the Magic even look at Odom after resigning Gortat for 5 years and 34 million. They are locked up financially.

Agreed the potential is there is all im saying.....That gortat contract likely will get traded for a rent a player in feb for a boozer or bosh....we have tons of options and flexibility more than any other team now with that extra 8-9 mill cash floating around

Raph12
07-14-2009, 01:50 AM
Exactly.

Regardless, anything is possible in the NBA and if Odom leaves LA, it will affect their chances at a 2nd title. Anyone who says otherwise isn't thinking straight. After the first couple months of the season, they will realize how important Odom's versatility was to the Lakers. Odom's inconsistency may annoy fans, but when he has it going, his versatility is tough to match. Especially his defense.

Yes Millsap's contract is 4 yrs 32m but the initial amt received next week would be 10.3m (including signing bonus) and 11.9m for the year as a whole and btw Turk's contract was 5 yrs 48m, that's 9.6m a year for people who don't want to do the math, so Portland does have the money to offer Odom. As soon as Utah matches the offer, Portland may turn to Odom, in which case I think even though they offer a sweet deal and more money, Odom comes back to LA. So don't insult my opinion by saying "Portland can't afford it do the math" they can afford it, but I think Odom returns anyways so relax.

EDIT: 5 yrs 50m, that's 10m a year http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4305310

Highlight
07-14-2009, 01:50 AM
Agreed the potential is there is all im saying.....That gortat contract likely will get traded for a rent a player in feb for a boozer or bosh....we have tons of options and flexibility more than any other team now with that extra 8-9 mill cash floating around

No doubt. Orlando's roster and future outlook looks really good IMO. Now it's all about their chemistry.

SB75
07-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Odem may have better luck next year.

MajorFloridaFan
07-14-2009, 01:52 AM
No doubt. Orlando's roster and future outlook looks really good IMO. Now it's all about their chemistry.

Were are better on paper
Now its all about team unity and chemistry like we had before but thats what dwight and Otis are about

BTownTeamsRKing
07-14-2009, 01:53 AM
lol you're just saying that because if San Antonio's team is old, yours would be considered ancient in basketball terms and most likely to be hit with injuries. I sort of hope there are no injuries at all next year even if it could level the playing field a little because alot of teams are too stacked, but I hope no one is injured so teams won't be like "see now if insert injured player's name here was here we would have won" - no excuses, you either win or you lose. period.

haha oh the irony.

winning team: we're cut throat. we're tough and injuries are no excuse.

2 weeks later in a loss: If we had a fringe starter or role player, we would have won. you have to admit that.

i hate when people are hypocrytes. and worse than is when they deny it. not saying you are, but a lot of fans in general are this way. yea i just insulted about 1 million people of all sports.

kblo247
07-14-2009, 01:55 AM
JordanBulls just admit that you don't like the Lakers or Kobe as you usually pounce at the chance to show something wrong with them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETsOvrQecjU

Highlight
07-14-2009, 01:58 AM
Yes Millsap's contract is 4 yrs 32m but the initial amt received next week would be 10.3m (including signing bonus) and 11.9m for the year as a whole and btw Turk's contract was 5 yrs 48m, that's 9.6m a year for people who don't want to do the math, so Portland does have the money to offer Odom. As soon as Utah matches the offer, Portland may turn to Odom, in which case I think even though they offer a sweet deal and more money, Odom comes back to LA. So don't insult my opinion by saying "Portland can't afford it do the math" they can afford it, but I think Odom returns anyways so relax.

Haha, relax man. In no way did I say Portland can't offer the money. Plus I don't come on these boards to insult people or their opinions. I'm just stating my opinion.

I said this: I doubt Portland will do it because they haven't targeted Odom yet according to reports, so why pay him 10 million!?

But yes, Good point. It's late and I totally forgot Portland's offer sheet included more money the first year and slowly declining later in the contract.

But my point was, Odom is 30 this year and Millsap is 24 and has a ton of potential. Why would they pay all that money for Odom?

Idk man. They could for all I know. I'm not a GM. I'm just stating my opinion like you. He's a great, versatile player, but 10 million per year might be pushing it in these economic times for a 30 year old big that will be coming of the bench.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-14-2009, 01:59 AM
JordanBulls just admit that you don't like the Lakers or Kobe as you usually pounce at the chance to show something wrong with them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETsOvrQecjU

he has kobe in his sig. i dont know why u think he is a hater. do u hate all realists? if so, u likely dont like me.

And if he is taking a "shot" at u guys, then i dont think its out of line considering there was thread yesterday (in which I refused to comment in), where u can find a good 10-15 lakers fans garraunteeing odom will be back and the lakers will repeat.

The offseason "Where even the clippers might garrauntee the Finals."

kblo247
07-14-2009, 02:03 AM
he has kobe in his sig. i dont know why u think he is a hater. do u hate all realists? if so, u likely dont like me.

And if he is taking a "shot" at u guys, then i dont think its out of line considering there was thread yesterday (in which I refused to comment in), where u can find a good 10-15 lakers fans garraunteeing odom will be back and the lakers will repeat.

The offseason "Where even the clippers might garrauntee the Finals."

Armageddon would soon follow

BTownTeamsRKing
07-14-2009, 02:09 AM
Armageddon would soon follow

u know that would be a good bet.

Which happens first? the World ends or the Clippers win the title before that?

thats a tough one.

Raph12
07-14-2009, 02:12 AM
Haha, relax man. In no way did I say Portland can't offer the money. Plus I don't come on these boards to insult people or their opinions. I'm just stating my opinion.

I said this: I doubt Portland will do it because they haven't targeted Odom yet according to reports, so why pay him 10 million!?

But yes, Good point. It's late and I totally forgot Portland's offer sheet included more money the first year and slowly declining later in the contract.

But my point was, Odom is 30 this year and Millsap is 24 and has a ton of potential. Why would they pay all that money for Odom?

Idk man. They could for all I know. I'm not a GM. I'm just stating my opinion like you. He's a great, versatile player, but 10 million per year might be pushing it in these economic times for a 30 year old big that will be coming of the bench.

Millsap is a RFA so if Utah matches they get Millsap no question, now with Millsap out of the picture who is the next best big in free agency. I don't think KP will want to leave the 2009 free agency empty handed with all that cash at his disposal, but like I said I expect Odom to resign in the end, but you never know weirder things have happened.

haha oh the irony.

winning team: we're cut throat. we're tough and injuries are no excuse.

2 weeks later in a loss: If we had a fringe starter or role player, we would have won. you have to admit that.

i hate when people are hypocrytes. and worse than is when they deny it. not saying you are, but a lot of fans in general are this way. yea i just insulted about 1 million people of all sports.

Dude, that's what I mean:
In the Celtics vs Lakers Finals, everyone was like "if we had Bynum, we would so have won" and Celts fans would be like "Injuries mean nothing, we'd beat you no matter who you had" but then almost exactly one season later;
in the Magic vs Celtics series, Celtics fans were like "oh if we had KG you guys would be done" well you know what, yeah maybe we would, but if we had Nelson, maybe we wouldn't and if LA had Bynum maybe they'd win all of that talk is bs and doesn't mean anything bottom line is; you had who you had and we had who we had, now let the CURRENTLY best team win, no excuses, no complaints.

dodie53
07-14-2009, 02:13 AM
odom, farmar, walton for amare.
hehe

MajorFloridaFan
07-14-2009, 02:13 AM
u know that would be a good bet.

Which happens first? the World ends or the Clippers win the title before that?

thats a tough one.

HAHAHAH or the grizz or Minnesota or the Knicks or the warriors:speechless:

Highlight
07-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Millsap is a RFA so if Utah matches they get Millsap no question, now with Millsap out of the picture who is the next best big in free agency. I don't think KP will want to leave the 2009 free agency empty handed with all that cash at his disposal, but like I said I expect Odom to resign in the end, but you never know weirder things have happened.

Yeah and I expect them to get Millsap. According to reports, Utah's owner is willing to take out a huge loan just so he can pay for Millsap. Utah is way too high on Millsap to give him up to Portland. And yes, Odom is the next best big, but I just don't see them giving him 10 million. Regardless, that's the only place where we differ.

I Respect your opinion and you could be right. Like you said "weirder things have happened."

EDIT: Here's that link about Millsap and how Utah would be willing to get a loan from a bank for him.

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_12829703?source=rss

BTownTeamsRKing
07-14-2009, 02:18 AM

Dude, that's what I mean:
In the Celtics vs Lakers Finals, everyone was like "if we had Bynum, we would so have won" and Celts fans would be like "Injuries mean nothing, we'd beat you no matter who you had" but then almost exactly one season later;
in the Magic vs Celtics series, Celtics fans were like "oh if we had KG you guys would be done" well you know what, yeah maybe we would, but if we had Nelson, maybe we wouldn't and if LA had Bynum maybe they'd win all of that talk is bs and doesn't mean anything bottom line is; you had who you had and we had who we had, now let the CURRENTLY best team win, no excuses, no complaints.

ahh dont remind me.

in the last sports seasons, we lost Beckett, Brady, and KG. talk about awful. no matter how much u win, when u lose guys like that, it SUCKSSSSSS.

so now I pray for health. for everyone.

Raph12
07-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Yeah and I expect them to get Millsap. According to reports, Utah's owner is willing to take out a huge loan just so he can pay for Millsap. Utah is way too high on Millsap to give him up to Portland. And yes, Odom is the next best big, but I just don't see them giving him 10 million. Regardless, that's the only place where we differ.

I Respect your opinion and you could be right. Like you said "weirder things have happened."

EDIT: Here's that link about Millsap and how Utah would be willing to get a loan from a bank for him.

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_12829703?source=rss

Nice find and I understand you don't think Odom is worth 10m/year and I respectfully disagree. I'd pay Odom 10m/year for 3 years, he's 29 (30 in Nov) and I think he has 3 solid year in him. Turk is 30 and has peaked 2 seasons ago statswise/skillswise but they were willing to go 10m/year for him, now I know his market value is higher than Odom, but personally I'd take Odom over him in a heartbeat and I'm more of a Magic fan so that says something. I think after being turned down over and over, KP may pursue Odom with at least 9m and since Kupchak's offered 8.5m and has said there will be no further negotiations with Odom's agent, it will be upto Odom to decide and like I said I expect Odom to return, but who knows Odom's an odd guy sometimes lol

Raph12
07-14-2009, 02:33 AM
ahh dont remind me.

in the last sports seasons, we lost Beckett, Brady, and KG. talk about awful. no matter how much u win, when u lose guys like that, it SUCKSSSSSS.

so now I pray for health. for everyone.

You and me both, this way the only ones complaining, will be the conspiracy fans. Lebron and his foul calls lol so what's new? Jordan got his, Iverson got his, Kobe got his, let Lebron have his day lol, if your team is truely better, the calls will be a non-factor

Penetra8r
07-14-2009, 02:41 AM
Not good news for a Laker fan

nba08
07-14-2009, 02:44 AM
well in good news adam morrison is playing good. lol if odom leaves if adam can play like the way hes playin in the summer league were fine lol hahaha

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-14-2009, 03:48 AM
he wants the extra 2 mil for candy

Highlight
07-14-2009, 03:57 AM
Nice find and I understand you don't think Odom is worth 10m/year and I respectfully disagree. I'd pay Odom 10m/year for 3 years, he's 29 (30 in Nov) and I think he has 3 solid year in him. Turk is 30 and has peaked 2 seasons ago statswise/skillswise but they were willing to go 10m/year for him, now I know his market value is higher than Odom, but personally I'd take Odom over him in a heartbeat and I'm more of a Magic fan so that says something. I think after being turned down over and over, KP may pursue Odom with at least 9m and since Kupchak's offered 8.5m and has said there will be no further negotiations with Odom's agent, it will be upto Odom to decide and like I said I expect Odom to return, but who knows Odom's an odd guy sometimes lol

Good points. To be honest, had this been before the economic crisis, I could guarantee he would make at least 10 million, but at this point I think it's a bit of a long shot for anyone to offer him 10, but we'll see.

ggg
07-14-2009, 04:00 AM
If he's leavin hope he chooses to go phx. Amare nash ghill barbosa jrich + lamar with a suitable system is still a legit on paper contender.

JJ81
07-14-2009, 08:16 AM
I hope Odom says "**** that ****, I'm not ending up like Trevor. Sign me up Mitch!"

S-Dot
07-14-2009, 08:35 AM
This will hurt L.A. more than they probably realize if they don't re-sign Odom

mikantsass
07-14-2009, 09:04 AM
That is a HUGE blow to the Lakers. Their bench is now awful with Walton Farmar and Sasha. Their starters may be good enough to carry them deep in the playoffs, but i wouldnt put money on them winning the west.

Sportfan
07-14-2009, 09:22 AM

they suck

Marques24kobe
07-14-2009, 09:46 AM
It doesnt make sense to me. They know they cant get more then 8 million from Portland and thats if they dont get Millsap. So now both Ariza and LO said they would take less money to stay with the Lakers and both lied.

I still think he signs with LA. Theres just no where else I can see him going or who would be able to get him. The only way he can get more money is a sign and trade. And we are still not going to want to back 10+ million in contracts. We'll see.

S-Dot
07-14-2009, 09:50 AM
they suck

:laugh::laugh:

Mile High Champ
07-14-2009, 10:02 AM
That Lakers bench is not very good at all if odom is taken out..

no1baller
07-14-2009, 10:22 AM

it relly is. farmar is the only good part of the bench

GHOSTSNIPER
07-14-2009, 10:27 AM
So what everyone is saying is that Los Angeles has no bench.In essence Bryant and the starting 5 are so good that they won a ring without a bench.What does that say about the rest of the league?Odom if I remember correctly came off the bench.He would start for all the teams in the NBA.I want to see a team from last season that could beat that Laker teams bench 5 on 5.

sep11ie
07-14-2009, 10:43 AM

Really? Unless your part of a circus freak gang

Ace33Bone
07-14-2009, 10:52 AM
THIS WOULD BE A BLESSING as a magic fan he killed us match-up wise

He definitely caused all types of mismatches for Orlando and was one of the big reasons the Lakers were able to get pass them... But if I were the rest of the League I wouldnt get too happy LO will stay in LA even though I would hate to see that, but realistically no other team is going to offer him the money he wants... he'll figure it out sooner or later and decide to take the $8Mil in LA

kylem4711
07-14-2009, 11:03 AM
no one wants odom, just get it done already

blastmasta26
07-14-2009, 11:23 AM
So what everyone is saying is that Los Angeles has no bench.In essence Bryant and the starting 5 are so good that they won a ring without a bench.What does that say about the rest of the league?Odom if I remember correctly came off the bench.He would start for all the teams in the NBA.I want to see a team from last season that could beat that Laker teams bench 5 on 5.
Healthy Celtics and the Magic could have beat that team. Magic had the talent to win the Finals, but the coaching was terrible.

x_notorious
07-14-2009, 12:11 PM
No one else is willing to offer Odom 8+ million a year and the Lakers are the only team offering him that kind of money. He's waiting it out to see if any other team (Lakers included) is willing to pony up more cash and it doesn't seem that way. There are reports of Dallas and Miami probably interested but the best they can offer is the MLE..

Highlight
07-14-2009, 12:15 PM
The Lakers have even upped their offer from "Just north of 8 million" to 9 million now.

Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak is frustrated about negotiations with free agent Lamar Odom, and the Mavericks and Heat have both surfaced as potential suitors.
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has been in contact with Odom's agent, and the Heat are rumored to have interest, but neither team can offer more than the mid-level exception. The Lakers, meanwhile, have reportedly increased their offer to more than $9 million per season, and it's very unlikely he'll find a better deal in this economic climate.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/14/freeagency.notes/

IBleedPurple
07-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Wonder if Denver could shed some contracts and get Odom, that would put them back among the elite, and hopefully they could find another solid SG.

Raph12
07-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Odom's arguement with Mitch is not just about the money it's also about the amount of years that he'll be signed up for, tweets NBA_Rumors_News
http://twitter.com/NBA_Rumors_News

Raph12
07-14-2009, 12:43 PM
No one else is willing to offer Odom 8+ million a year and the Lakers are the only team offering him that kind of money. He's waiting it out to see if any other team (Lakers included) is willing to pony up more cash and it doesn't seem that way. There are reports of Dallas and Miami probably interested but the best they can offer is the MLE..

No Dallas and Miami would both be looking for a sign-and-trade, with Josh Howard and Michael Beasley, see ESPN.com for details

ggg
07-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Dallas would probably bench LO unless they'd get him or nowitzki to play center. I think LO doesn't want to be comin of the bench for any other team than the lakers but if they get him, they'd be tough to beat even without havin a real center. Just too much fire power.

Mitch better give LO the years he deserve coz he's finally on a great momentum. 9.8m 3-4 years he'll take it. Then extra 200 grand under d table every year.

Raph12
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Dallas would probably bench LO unless they'd get him or nowitzki to play center. I think LO doesn't want to be comin of the bench for any other team than the lakers but if they get him, they'd be tough to beat even without havin a real center. Just too much fire power.

Mitch better give LO the years he deserve coz he's finally on a great momentum. 9.8m 3-4 years he'll take it. Then extra 200 grand under d table every year.

No Dallas would probably get Marion off the bench and let Odom play the 3, makes the most sense to have the strongest lineup on the floor and have a strong spark in Marion off the bench. Lamar and Nowitzki both could easily move to the 3 in the Mavs rotation. Btw if that offer was presented to Lamar I'm sure he'd pounce on it asap

NYtilIdie
07-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Remember when JB posted a thread about LO agent looking for a S&T and LAL fans were saying LO said he was going to sign this week now Kupcheck isn't hopeful of LO resigning lol damn what happened

DCB/LAL
07-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Remember when JB posted a thread about LO agent looking for a S&T and LAL fans were saying LO said he was going to sign this week now Kupcheck isn't hopeful of LO resigning lol damn what happened

Remember when Knicks fans posted all this threads of Lebron going to NY and them signing two huge name players and now all of them are losing hope and dont think it'll happen!!!:D This not a shot at you it justs you should know better.

Anyway Lamar can still sign with the Lakers as far as im concerned he doesn't have any other offers........Yet

J-Relo
07-14-2009, 02:53 PM
who can actually pay more than 10mln? ...

tland22
07-14-2009, 02:55 PM

whoever said this is just a piece of shiyaaat!

how could you think that is a solid bench....? how?

DCB/LAL
07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
whoever said this is just a piece of shiyaaat!

how could you think that is a solid bench....? how?

Pretty much the same bench that got us to the Finals 2 years ago which is why every Laker fan Claims that with a healthy team against the Cs it might of been different with Odom coming off the bench and Ariza playing up on Pierce!! But thats in the past the Cs won the championship that year and thats that good for them!!!

"I am, Walton, Farmar, Sasha, Powell isn't horrible"

Vidball
07-14-2009, 03:00 PM

This is just posturing by the Lakers/LO's agent. He'll still sign w/LA.

Raph12
07-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Pretty much the same bench that got us to the Finals 2 years ago which is why every Laker fan Claims that with a healthy team against the Cs it might of been different with Odom coming off the bench and Ariza playing up on Pierce!! But thats in the past the Cs won the championship that year and thats that good for them!!!

"I am, Walton, Farmar, Sasha, Powell isn't horrible"

Dude Odom, is a HUGE part of your offense and a bench like that may work when Odom is also on it, but without him your bench will suffer. Walton is on the decline, Sasha, Farmar, Powell and Mbenga have been non-factors all playoffs long, In the playoffs Odom was 3rd in scoring after Kobe and Gasol, no other player has even avged 5ppg off the bench while Odom produced over 12ppg. Your bench is a good season bench, but that's it, in the playoffs Odom is the only productive bench player and mark my words, they will NOT beat a healthy San Antonio without Odom or another big contributor off the bench.

Walton, Farmar, Sasha, Powell and Mbenga are all horrible in the playoffs

dsonLAL24
07-14-2009, 03:43 PM
if we don't get Odom back, we're screwed.

The Ooh Child
07-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Yikes. You guys better hope Gasol and Bynum stay healthy.

DCB/LAL
07-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Dude Odom, is a HUGE part of your offense and a bench like that may work when Odom is also on it, but without him your bench will suffer. Walton is on the decline, Sasha, Farmar, Powell and Mbenga have been non-factors all playoffs long, In the playoffs Odom was 3rd in scoring after Kobe and Gasol, no other player has even avged 5ppg off the bench while Odom produced over 12ppg. Your bench is a good season bench, but that's it, in the playoffs Odom is the only productive bench player and mark my words, they will NOT beat a healthy San Antonio without Odom or another big contributor off the bench.

Walton, Farmar, Sasha, Powell and Mbenga are all horrible in the playoffs

Never said he wasn't just pointing out to all those fans who claim that with kG the Celtics would of won that if the Lakers were healthy were a different team cause Odom comes off the bench and thats as you said "HUGE" and also this was a bench that was good enough to get us to the finals 2 years ago not say it will happen again but just stating the fact that they have!! Now i know teams have imroved but you never know its all about the way things play out but Odom for sure would improve those odds and if they happen to do a sign and trade never know who they will get.

RaiderLakersA's
07-14-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm not worried about it.

If we sign Odom, we should make it to the Finals again. It's not exacty a three-peat, but it's as close as we're going to get with Phil heading off into the sunset.

If we don't sign Odom, we'll miss the Finals, but will reload in 2010. Amare, Bosh, whomever else wants to play with Kobe, Artest and Pau, come on over!