PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio...

asandhu23
07-13-2009, 05:44 PM
What happened? he just dropped off the radar. what is the newest news on him? :eyebrow:

Hellcrooner
07-13-2009, 05:50 PM
He will be traded to barcelona or real madrid an sign for three years for one of them earning aprox 2 million of euros free of tax a year what means aprox 4 more times the money the rookie contract with wolves woudl give him.

then when his contract is up he will be rich will be 21!!!!!! years old, he will be more experiencied and matutre and will enter the league being a star instead of a project.

asandhu23
07-13-2009, 05:53 PM
He will be traded to barcelona or real madrid an sign for three years for one of them earning aprox 2 million of euros free of tax a year what means aprox 4 more times the money the rookie contract with wolves woudl give him.

then when his contract is up he will be rich will be 21!!!!!! years old, he will be more experiencied and matutre and will enter the league being a star instead of a project.

WTH!!! does that mean he will have to go through the draft process again?

Verbal Christ
07-13-2009, 05:53 PM
his mommy said that he couldnt play in a cold weather city.

cr00zi3
07-13-2009, 06:04 PM

You hit it right on the money... :clap:

AntwanN21
07-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Going back for 2 years, will probobly get traded and become a star in a couple years

Hawkeye15
07-13-2009, 06:20 PM
he can not enter the draft again. Unless he sits out entirely for a year, the Wolves own his rights for good. Let him stay over there, who cares? The Wolves won't contend for a bit, they can build the team and wait on him. Or, they can let him get better, and trade him if they like.
Rubio wants to play in the NBA, I am sure of that. But when he will be over here is a big question. I understand him putting his name in this draft, it was weak, and he knew he had a chance of going high, but everyone knew about his buyout. If my Wolves need to wait for 2-3 years, so be it. We will continue to add draft picks and peices, than have our franchise PG come in

DerekRE_3
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
If Flynn works out, which I think he will, I think Rubio will be seeing his rights being traded down the road.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2009, 07:07 PM
If Flynn works out, which I think he will, I think Rubio will be seeing his rights being traded down the road.

possibly. Who knows. And being a Wolves fan, I have to have patience, they are getting younger with talent, have a couple great pieces, 3 more first round picks next year, and good contracts. If played right, they could easily be the next Portland. If played wrong, they will continue to suck. But having Rubio's rights, or having him come over, is a big deal imo.

B_Rad01
07-13-2009, 07:15 PM
who cares Rubio is a whiny little boy who doesnt wanna play in a place thats too cold!! gud thing hes stayin in spain he needs 2 grow up n start actin like an adult i hope tha wolves dont trade him 2 new york jus 2 screw wit this kid

fishfan79
07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
might as well put heat in these rumors too seems we are in every other one lol :)

SB75
07-13-2009, 07:19 PM
No knock on the Wolves, I understand the reasoning behind always taking the best player. But to the fans that knock Rubio, NBA teams knew where he did and didn't want to play. You can't blame a kid thats going to make millions anyway choosing the most comfortable spot for himself and his family. That said I think the Wolves will likely trade his rights down the road. They have a very good young team with Jefferson, Brewer and Flynn.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2009, 07:22 PM
No knock on the Wolves, I understand the reasoning behind always taking the best player. But to the fans that knock Rubio, NBA teams knew where he did and didn't want to play. You can't blame a kid thats going to make millions anyway choosing the most comfortable spot for himself and his family. That said I think the Wolves will likely trade his rights down the road. They have a very good young team with Jefferson, Brewer and Flynn.

first off, Rubio has never said he didn't want to play in Minnesota. Never. He simply didn't visit with them, cause he and his agent, Fkin Fegan, didn't think he would fall that far. Now, taking Flynn 4 minutes later probably confused Rubio. His parents may or may not want him to play in Minnesota, but the fact is, if the kid wants in the NBA, he is going to have to deal with the Wolves. And from what I read, he just wanted to make sure he was going to get minutes right away, which he would with Minnesota.

AI4MVP
07-13-2009, 07:29 PM
last i heard, the thing about him staying in Spain for two years wasnt neccesarily true and it was just to gain more leverage and ive also heard that he is still trying to get his buyout

also, hellcrooner..is what u said a fact or is that what u think will happen?

mikantsass
07-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Who cares Rubio will be the biggest bust since Olowakandi and Sam Bowie

torontosports10
07-13-2009, 07:50 PM

And if he gets traded to Boston, he will be a future star right?

Noone can say a thing about how good or bad he will be until he proves himself in the NBA.

mikantsass
07-13-2009, 07:55 PM
And if he gets traded to Boston, he will be a future star right?

Noone can say a thing about how good or bad he will be until he proves himself in the NBA.

If he gets traded to Boston, i become a knicks fan.

Hellcrooner
07-13-2009, 07:55 PM
people hagting on rubio would be better off hating david stern.

if he abolishes the stupid rule of only paying 500000 in ahs for foreign buyouts and allows wolves to pay the entire buyout he will report to camp, easy as this.

but wha trubio is not going to do is earn 0 money having to pay the buyout rom hsi own pocket to play in a place where they were so "confident" on his skills to draft another pg next-

oh and by the way, the 500 k pous the entire saoary for rookie contract are not enough to pay his buyout,

Trouble87
07-13-2009, 08:21 PM

pisses me off that we're going to have to wait 3 more years to see him play NBA ball... fckn david kahn! :mad:

thanx for the update HC... :clap:

WSU Tony
07-13-2009, 10:29 PM

He doesn't have to be traded to sign another Euro contract.... lol. My guess? You don't have a clue how these things work!

Ah, the "I have a crystal ball" argument. Well said.

pisses me off that we're going to have to wait 3 more years to see him play NBA ball... fckn david kahn! :mad:

thanx for the update HC... :clap:

2, hopefully. If he doesn't extend or sign another contract he will be over here after 2 more years.

ctitus45
07-13-2009, 10:42 PM
i think i saw him in a Gillette Shaving Cream commercial with Tiger/Roger/Jeter...

and he won't be a bust. that boston fan is a dam joke.

Did you watch the olympics?

He may not be a start...but he won't be a bust. thats for sure.

SB75
07-14-2009, 12:01 AM
first off, Rubio has never said he didn't want to play in Minnesota. Never. He simply didn't visit with them, cause he and his agent, Fkin Fegan, didn't think he would fall that far. Now, taking Flynn 4 minutes later probably confused Rubio. His parents may or may not want him to play in Minnesota, but the fact is, if the kid wants in the NBA, he is going to have to deal with the Wolves. And from what I read, he just wanted to make sure he was going to get minutes right away, which he would with Minnesota.

My man....... He NEVER said he wanted to play for Minn either. He also never said he didn't visit because he didn't think he would fall that far, that is an assumption on your behalf. My point stands, I didn't single Minn out. I just simply put a fact out their that teams knew who he wanted and didn't want to play for. I don't know if Minn is one of those teams and you don't either. So if they knew they deserve what they get.

The NBA system is backwards, if a player is willing to take less money and fall down the draft board to play in a city of his choosing he should be allowed to. I do think their should be a greater loss of money and other rules for a guy that does that, but hey it is what it is. He may have to deal with Minn for now, but as always if he doesn't want to play for them he won't.

I'm a Hawks fan and we have been bitten by that bug also ( Childress/ Anderson). But I do not agree with the current system it's just wrong. When you come out of college, you have the right to go anywhere you want, if you choose to make less money for a place more comfortable to you that's your problem. I don't think they need to abandon the lottery system, I do think they need to curve the rules. Make #1 pick more money and the last pick barley at the 150,000. make it like the NFL where the difference of money between going #2 and #5 is so great that it makes you think. He's missing nearly a million a year now ( if he went #2). Would he make the same decision if he where missing 3 million a season? Every year in the NBA we hear 3 or 4 players not wanting to go to this team or that team. In the NFL you hear it once a year and it's most likely a QB.

Korman12
07-14-2009, 12:56 AM
good young team with Jefferson, Brewer, and Flynn

Eh, might be better off saying Love instead of Corey Brewer.

blah-blah
07-14-2009, 01:04 AM
hes going to be a bust

MajorFloridaFan
07-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Bust................................FRAN VAZQUES ANYONE FORGET THESE EUROS

DerekRE_3
07-14-2009, 01:09 AM
I like Rubio, but Tyreke Evans is making me happier and happier that we didn't draft him. 33 points, 9 rebounds and 7 assists on 17-19 from the line.

MajorFloridaFan
07-14-2009, 01:30 AM

LOL C'MON Rubio if he snubs his team what a jerk just like YI i dont like the way they toy the franchises

asandhu23
07-14-2009, 08:08 AM
If he gets traded to Boston, i become a knicks fan.

yes of course. thats how strong your fanhood is. the moment you get a player you deem bad, you jump off the wagon. pathetic. that goes to show which team in NBA has the best fans. New York, Utah Jazz and Golden State Warriors. :clap::clap::clap:

JJ81
07-14-2009, 08:14 AM
I hope he does come to the NBA to shut up those idiots who are calling him a bust when he hasnt even played a single game in the NBA yet.

Sportfan
07-14-2009, 10:06 AM

fail rubio will be a beast

S-Dot
07-14-2009, 10:14 AM
To be honest, I really don't care what he does now. Plenty of kids dream of being in the NBA, no matter what team...it shouldn't matter what city you go to. If he wants to play the "big market" game as a rookie, stay in Europe permanently.

no1baller
07-14-2009, 10:26 AM
LOL C'MON Rubio if he snubs his team what a jerk just like YI i dont like the way they toy the franchises

i actually he will be like yi, he will be all the hype but he wont be great or even good

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 10:27 AM
I hope he does come to the NBA to shut up those idiots who are calling him a bust when he hasnt even played a single game in the NBA yet.

those idiots and hater will call him a bust no matter what since he is not a scorer but qa distributror.

sad as it is morons prefer a 30 ppg 1 assist and 10 tunovers stat line than a 12 pointspg 3 reb 12 ast 3 steals line wich us what rubio can do in rookie season

theuuord
07-14-2009, 10:50 AM
i understand he's great at everything outside of shooting, but scoring is the most important part of the game. and he can't do it.

he could barely muster good shooting numbers in euroleague. in the olympics he made nine field goals over the course of 8 games.

he's a great playmaker and has great vision and does ridiculous plays, but i have concerns about his ability to become even a passable scorer in the NBA.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 11:24 AM
he does not need big scoring numbers.

Is Jason kidd less of a star because he normaly puts up like 14 to 16 ppg?

blastmasta26
07-14-2009, 11:35 AM
I think his concern is that he won't be able to put up those kind of points.

theuuord
07-14-2009, 11:40 AM

the problem is
a) you're hoping he puts up Jason Kidd surrounding numbers, which I wouldn't even expect that, and
b) his points won't even be that good.

He shot 39 percent in euroleague. You put him in the NBA and he's struggling to score at all.

WSU Tony
07-14-2009, 11:45 AM
hes going to be a bust

Based on....

Based on....

I like Rubio, but Tyreke Evans is making me happier and happier that we didn't draft him. 33 points, 9 rebounds and 7 assists on 17-19 from the line.

It's summer league, don't put too much weight into it. It is encouraging, though. :)

the problem is
a) you're hoping he puts up Jason Kidd surrounding numbers, which I wouldn't even expect that, and

He shot 39 percent in euroleague. You put him in the NBA and he's struggling to score at all.

10 pts 10 assists 3 steals per game isn't good enough for your PG?

astrosmaniac
07-14-2009, 12:00 PM
My man....... He NEVER said he wanted to play for Minn either. He also never said he didn't visit because he didn't think he would fall that far, that is an assumption on your behalf. My point stands, I didn't single Minn out. I just simply put a fact out their that teams knew who he wanted and didn't want to play for. I don't know if Minn is one of those teams and you don't either. So if they knew they deserve what they get.

The NBA system is backwards, if a player is willing to take less money and fall down the draft board to play in a city of his choosing he should be allowed to. I do think their should be a greater loss of money and other rules for a guy that does that, but hey it is what it is. He may have to deal with Minn for now, but as always if he doesn't want to play for them he won't.

I'm a Hawks fan and we have been bitten by that bug also ( Childress/ Anderson). But I do not agree with the current system it's just wrong. When you come out of college, you have the right to go anywhere you want, if you choose to make less money for a place more comfortable to you that's your problem. I don't think they need to abandon the lottery system, I do think they need to curve the rules. Make #1 pick more money and the last pick barley at the 150,000. make it like the NFL where the difference of money between going #2 and #5 is so great that it makes you think. He's missing nearly a million a year now ( if he went #2). Would he make the same decision if he where missing 3 million a season? Every year in the NBA we hear 3 or 4 players not wanting to go to this team or that team. In the NFL you hear it once a year and it's most likely a QB.

no you don't. every major professional sports league has a draft for when players first enter the league. playing in the NBA is a privilege, so if you want to play in the league, you follow their rules. in fact, the NBA didn't even used to have Free Agency, so whoever drafted you is where you played for your WHOLE career

astrosmaniac
07-14-2009, 12:05 PM

the problem is

i agree with this guy. if he puts up around 10 assists and 6-7 rebounds a game while scoring 14-16 ppg thats amazing, but he doesnt seem to be the rebounder or scorer kidd is. he brings up good points. less than 40% against euroleague defense, only 9 buckets in 8 games in the olympics? those are not good indicators that he will put up jason kidd like numbers

theuuord
07-14-2009, 12:11 PM
10 pts 10 assists 3 steals per game isn't good enough for your PG?

If he shoots 30% to get those ten points, dominates the ball to get those 10 assists, and gambles on every play to get those three steals, then yes, it's not good enough.

context is everything.

Rubio's playmaking skills are unmatched for anyone his age. That we all know. What we're not talking about is a) his turnover rate in Euroleague is also unnaturally high, and b) his shooting is abysmal.

He's a lot of fun to watch and I hope he succeeds, but I'm trying to be realistic. Which most people here can't do because they're in love with a YouTube video.

WSU Tony
07-14-2009, 12:24 PM
If he shoots 30% to get those ten points, dominates the ball to get those 10 assists, and gambles on every play to get those three steals, then yes, it's not good enough.

context is everything.

Rubio's playmaking skills are unmatched for anyone his age. That we all know. What we're not talking about is a) his turnover rate in Euroleague is also unnaturally high, and b) his shooting is abysmal.

He's a lot of fun to watch and I hope he succeeds, but I'm trying to be realistic. Which most people here can't do because they're in love with a YouTube video.

How many shots did Rubio take in those 8 games? I bet not many. Have you seen the passes this kid makes? Of course he's going to turn the ball over! The best way to put it is to compare Rubio with a 16 year old driver. We all know young drivers take unnecessary risks, why would Rubio, 18, be any different with the ball. While he ages (and gains experience like the young driver) he will take care of the ball better by picking and choosing his battles.

The kid is special but not guaranteed to be a star. That being said I don't understand how some of you are saying he'll be a bust. You guys (not you in particular, Thau) saying he'll be a bust is like me saying he'll be the best PG in the NBA in a mere 3 years, it's just rediculous.

mikantsass
07-14-2009, 12:24 PM
yes of course. thats how strong your fanhood is. the moment you get a player you deem bad, you jump off the wagon. pathetic. that goes to show which team in NBA has the best fans. New York, Utah Jazz and Golden State Warriors. :clap::clap::clap:

Off the wagon? I was on the wagon when the celtics were HORRIBLE. Ive been a fan through Dino Raja, Eric Montross, Nervous Pervis Ellison, Sherm Douglas, we had Dominique, Vin Baker, Walter McCarty, the Pitino years, even a few years ago when they Celtics should have won the lottery. I was just being extreme to make a point. I strongly dislike Rubio and would not ever want him on my team AS OF RIGHT NOW.

theuuord
07-14-2009, 12:28 PM
How many shots did Rubio take in those 8 games?

He took 32.
That's a 28.1% shooting percentage.

I bet not many. Have you seen the passes this kid makes? Of course he's going to turn the ball over! The best way to put it is to compare Rubio with a 16 year old driver. We all know young drivers take unnecessary risks, why would Rubio, 18, be any different with the ball. While he ages (and gains experience like the young driver) he will take care of the ball better by picking and choosing his battles.

Or, you can go with guys who are in the same age range and have proven to not take unnecessary risks in the first place.
Like Johnny Flynn or Ty Lawson.

The kid is special but not guaranteed to be a star. That being said I don't understand how some of you are saying he'll be a bust. You guys (not you in particular, Thau) saying he'll be a bust is like me saying he'll be the best PG in the NBA in a mere 3 years, it's just rediculous.

You have to go by the information that you have. And the information - both subjective and objective - is that he's a dazzling playmaker who can't shoot. Whatever that's worth.

IBleedPurple
07-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Rubio is the whiniest player to never play an NBA game. He is worse than Eli Manning on draft day

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 12:45 PM
i wonder how many points do you think rubio should have put up in the olympis to impress you. i guess he shoudl ahve started all the games OVER NBA PLAYER calderon and shot more shots than Gasol. Rudy, Navarro, Garbajosa , rAUL LOPEZ and Marc Gasol all nba players......

theuuord
07-14-2009, 12:49 PM
i wonder how many points do you think rubio should have put up in the olympis to impress you. i guess he shoudl ahve started all the games OVER NBA PLAYER calderon and shot more shots than Gasol. Rudy, Navarro, Garbajosa , rAUL LOPEZ and Marc Gasol all nba players......

do you think 9 of 32 in the Olympics and 39.1% shooting in 22 games in Euroleague against mostly below NBA level competition is a good shooting percentage?

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
no it is not.

but he can get it better

also he had 40% in 3pt this season.

if he gets to minnie (they are negotiating now) he does not need to score right away he can pass to jeff and love so it should not eb a concern.

he doe snto short worst than westbrook.

theuuord
07-14-2009, 12:57 PM
no it is not.

but he can get it better

also he had 40% in 3pt this season.

if he gets to minnie (they are negotiating now) he does not need to score right away he can pass to jeff and love so it should not eb a concern.

he doe snto short worst than westbrook.

Westbrook shot a slightly higher field goal percentage at a higher level of competition for 82 games. Rubio shot a worse one against worse competition in 22 games.
Westbrook wins.
Rubio may be a better three point shooter but the Euroleague three point line is three feet closer. There's no comparison to be made there because Rubio's three pointers are much easier to make.

Would you rather have the guy who can already shoot, or the guy who needs to learn how to shoot in the NBA?

there's no doubt here.

tland22
07-14-2009, 12:58 PM
RUBIO STINKS Im already sick of hearing about this little prima donna woman.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 01:04 PM
dont understimate euroleague level.

half players he faces have benn or will be in nba.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 01:07 PM
his stats in sapnis league this year

38% fg 43% tp 81% ft

onloy free trows worry me.

theuuord
07-14-2009, 01:07 PM
dont understimate euroleague level.

half players he faces have benn or will be in nba.

but aren't there. at least not yet. and that's my point.

to quote John Hollinger:

The reason this works is that there's a predictable relationship between a player's stats in the Euroleague -- the highest level of European basketball -- and what they'll be in the NBA. Crossing the Atlantic does the following to a player's results:

Scoring rate decreases 25 percent
Rebound rate increases by 18 percent (there are more missed shots in NBA play)
Assist rate increases by 31 percent (Euro scorers are tightwads with assists)
Shooting percentage drops by 12 percent
Overall, PER drops by 30 percent.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 01:09 PM
any way euro syas mean jack in terms on nba sucess.

go check pau "impressive" stats....

http://www.acb.com/stsacumjug.php?cod_jugador=A2C

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 01:11 PM
ha ha ha hollinger is a jack *** go check paus stats last year at barcelona and frst year at memphis or parkers, or manus or calderons or specially dirks.

his numbers dont work

i agree on the thing about assits rubio haws 7 per game by euro thithg standars go figure!!!!!

oh and remeber in europe we play 40 minutes a game not 48

theuuord
07-14-2009, 01:15 PM
any way euro syas mean jack in terms on nba sucess.

go check pau "impressive" stats....

http://www.acb.com/stsacumjug.php?cod_jugador=A2C

15 points per game, over 5 rebounds per game in less than 24 minutes per game on 59% shooting from 2 and 35% from 3 is pretty freaking impressive.

theuuord
07-14-2009, 01:17 PM
ha ha ha hollinger is a jack *** go check paus stats last year at barcelona and frst year at memphis or parkers, or manus or calderons or specially dirks.

his numbers dont work

i agree on the thing about assits rubio haws 7 per game by euro thithg standars go figure!!!!!

oh and remeber in europe we play 40 minutes a game not 48

they work better than you just saying "they don't work."

i know in europe you play 40 minutes per game. that's irrelevant to the discussion, but thanks for the reminder.

Hollinger's stats are a guideline, not the hard rule. There's always fluctuation with things like this. They're just starting points to roll by.

also, lol @ calling Hollinger a jack-*** and then getting excited about his assist rate possibilities.
If anything, Rubio was there only to assist (because he couldn't do much else offensively), so his numbers were inflated.

WSU Tony
07-14-2009, 01:23 PM
How is the 40 minute per game "irreleveant" to the discussion? Weren't you the one bringing up PPG?

Do you think Flynn would have scored what he did in regular time and not 5 OT's?

AI4MVP
07-14-2009, 01:25 PM
i love how most of you douches have never seen rubio evenplay and u already judge him. u just judge him because espn analyst say he cant shoot.

hes a better shooter then derrick rose and hes a WAAAAAAAAAY better shooter then Rajon Rando, but you guys all call them stars. hes also a very good defender.

trust me..the grizzlies, thunder, kings, and maybe even the clippers will be very very upset that they passed on him.

theuuord
07-14-2009, 01:25 PM
How is the 40 minute per game "irreleveant" to the discussion? Weren't you the one bringing up PPG?

Do you think Flynn would have scored what he did in regular time and not 5 OT's?

if i brought up points per game without putting it in a per-minute context, i apologize. but yes, the 40-to-48 is pretty irrelevant if we're talking about ratios.

and the Flynn question is silly. You know the answer to that.

theuuord
07-14-2009, 01:26 PM
i love how most of you douches have never seen rubio evenplay and u already judge him. u just judge him because espn analyst say he cant shoot.

Could you quote where I brought up any - any - seriously, any - ESPN analyst and not the raw shooting data? you know, those pesky "facts"?

thanks in advance.

hgtiger32
07-14-2009, 01:27 PM
comparing the twolves to the next portland trailblazers...hmmm...possible? but the thing is portland has a stud all-star in brandon roy...who's that on the wolves? jefferson?-no he doesn't take over games

RicoSteel
07-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Stay in Europe with the rest of those pansy ***** players. He doesn't belong in the NBA anyway. Could care less if this guys ever plays here. Screw you Rubio, you're not news anymore.

ryguy2k7
07-14-2009, 01:54 PM
To be honest, I really don't care what he does now. Plenty of kids dream of being in the NBA, no matter what team...it shouldn't matter what city you go to. If he wants to play the "big market" game as a rookie, stay in Europe permanently.

well-said.

ryguy2k7
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
comparing the twolves to the next portland trailblazers...hmmm...possible? but the thing is portland has a stud all-star in brandon roy...who's that on the wolves? jefferson?-no he doesn't take over games

Jefferson has his shining moments. The reason he doesn't take over games is because they double or triple team him on the post and he has nobody to pass to to open up the court for him.

With the addition of Flynn and/or Rubio along with Ellington could really help him to take over some games with his clutch post-game.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 02:01 PM
i wonder how many of you would play for FREEE as in have to pay all your salary to your ex team on a city you dont like on a team you dont like and were you dont even have your minutes ASSURED because the team was so confident on you tha tdrafted a player for your poisition wiht the next pick

masalex1205
07-14-2009, 02:02 PM
it's probably a good rule in general to not take white people

tland22
07-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Could you quote where I brought up any - any - seriously, any - ESPN analyst and not the raw shooting data? you know, those pesky "facts"?

thanks in advance.

hahaha good point...he wont come back because he is a sack of s hit. He is a wanker, who just runs his mouth.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
by the way dear haters.

do any of you have any interview where Rubio actually says he does not want to play for sotta?

because i havent got one.

all ha sbeen spoken by his agent....who o what a strange thing si trying to bring him to the highest market possibe o he earns the most money possibe in endorsers so his piece of the pie is bigger......

WSU Tony
07-14-2009, 02:28 PM

hes a better shooter then derrick rose and hes a WAAAAAAAAAY better shooter then Rajon Rando, but you guys all call them stars. hes also a very good defender.

trust me..the grizzlies, thunder, kings, and maybe even the clippers will be very very upset that they passed on him.

I believe Wade said he has some of the "quickest hands I'd ever seen" after the olympics.

if i brought up points per game without putting it in a per-minute context, i apologize. but yes, the 40-to-48 is pretty irrelevant if we're talking about ratios.

and the Flynn question is silly. You know the answer to that.

As far as ratios you're right, minutes don't matter. As far as the PPG argument (maybe that was before you entered this thread?) we both know Minutes affect that stat. Yes, the Flynn example was over the top and I underestimated your NBA knowledge with that one. We get tons of doofs here, I have to dumb it down sometimes.

Jefferson is a top 6-7 PF in this league. I take quality bigs over quality guards every day of the week.

Who would the Wolves take, then? Cardinal, Madsen, Love, Rubio.... We could practically field a team of all white guys.

tland22
07-14-2009, 02:28 PM

then, its probably a good rule in general to not hire black people for anything EXCEPT sports...right?
:clap:

theuuord
07-14-2009, 02:34 PM
We get tons of doofs here, I have to dumb it down sometimes.

we agree on that, that's for sure.

and i don't think Rubio is necessarily a bad prospect. I just have a lot of concerns about his potential which I think a lot of people are overlooking.

SB75
07-14-2009, 03:20 PM
no you don't. every major professional sports league has a draft for when players first enter the league. playing in the NBA is a privilege, so if you want to play in the league, you follow their rules. in fact, the NBA didn't even used to have Free Agency, so whoever drafted you is where you played for your WHOLE career

LOL..... You cant's make it to so the players have no rights. Like I said compare it to the NFL system, they have it right. Make the # you go in the draft matter and you will stop a lot of rift raft. But as the current system is Rubio is playing the system so don't get mad at him, He does have that right.

PS...... The NBA still had trades back then also. So it still wasn't a guarantee that you would play your entire career with that team or even one game.

WSU Tony
07-14-2009, 03:21 PM
we agree on that, that's for sure.

and i don't think Rubio is necessarily a bad prospect. I just have a lot of concerns about his potential which I think a lot of people are overlooking.

He has limitations but what prospect doesn't? If they weren't young with limitations they would be star players, not prospects. I guess my point is that I'd rather take a concern about a jump shot for a PG than a height issue for a center. Of all 5 positions a center who doesn't pass well isn't necessarily a huge downfall and a PG who doesn't shoot well isn't necessarily a huge downfall.

He has limitations (as do all the prospects) but his are smaller than most other prospects imo. Does that make any sense at all or am I just talking out of my ***?

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 03:26 PM
i hope daiv d khan is able to fins an endorser that makes feaseble paying the buyout and ricky goes and shut up all the haters.

theuuord
07-14-2009, 04:04 PM
He has limitations but what prospect doesn't? If they weren't young with limitations they would be star players, not prospects. I guess my point is that I'd rather take a concern about a jump shot for a PG than a height issue for a center. Of all 5 positions a center who doesn't pass well isn't necessarily a huge downfall and a PG who doesn't shoot well isn't necessarily a huge downfall.

He has limitations (as do all the prospects) but his are smaller than most other prospects imo. Does that make any sense at all or am I just talking out of my ***?

the difference is that Rubio's limitation isn't just an NBA limitation. It's a limitation at his current level of play, too. He hasn't really been able to shoot at any level since he turned 17. And that's a major red flag for any player.
The old adage is that point guards don't need to shoot, but that's never really been true, and more than ever in this no-hand-check era where athletic scoring point guards have started to take over teams.

(Also, this is a tangent, but for what it's worth you'd be surprised just how indicative of future success assist-to-turnover ratio is for big men.)

His abilities with regards to what he's good at are fantastic - he's got wonderful court vision and can control the tempo of a game with the best of them - but his deficiencies are just as prominent.

A lot of times with prospects we fall into this sort of "unknown savior" syndrome. We don't know how good they're going to be yet, so we tend to see the positives as a lot more exaggerated than the negatives (the flip side is also true; sometimes we see exaggerated negatives). While it's good to be excited about Rubio, I think we also need to be honest and critical of who he fully is as a player.

theuuord
07-14-2009, 04:04 PM
i hope daiv d khan is able to fins an endorser that makes feaseble paying the buyout and ricky goes and shut up all the haters.

recognizing that Rubio has weaknesses isn't being a hater.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2009, 04:10 PM
wasnt talking bout you.

WSU Tony
07-14-2009, 05:22 PM
So to this point Rubio doesn't take many shots and doesn't shoot well for an 18 year old....

Shaq has more turnovers than assists.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2009, 05:45 PM

He never said he did or didn't want to play in Minn, due to the fact that Minn media does not swarm everywhere. When asked, in NY, if he wants to play for the Knicks, why wouldn't he say it would be a dream come true? He is 18.
And the NBA system is fine. It is a privelage to play a childs game for millions of dollars a year. He took a chance, hoping that he would go top 3, in order to pay his buyout. He fell out. Now he may have to wait. Ohe well.
Rubio is getting a bad rap here. The kid has a buyout issue. He has never once said he is holding out, blah, blah, blah. And the fact remains, he will have to go thru the Wolves if he ever wants in the NBA anyways. At this point, imo, he would be over here now if he could settle that buyout and still have enough money to live on. Plus, he will be an endorsement player no matter where he is, however, you can't depend on something you don't have yet.
As for him as a prospect, he will at the very least be a good passing PG who gets steals. He is a kid. The shot will get better, and he will get stronger. Fact is, he was the highest rated potentially of all the PGs in this weak draft.

WSU Tony
07-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Spanish star Ricky Rubio's move to the NBA has been complicated by his sliding to fifth in the draft, but the only options he's currently considering are playing in Minnesota or returning to DKV Joventut, sources said on Tuesday.

Had Rubio been a top three pick, he could have more easily afforded to pay Joventut to release him, a source said. But the difference in salary between third and fifth in the draft is roughly $600,000 a year. Joventut reportedly is asking for no less than $4 million for his release.

Going to another European team is not a realistic option because that team would want a long-term commitment from Rubio and his desire remains to play in the NBA, a source said. Whether he can do that next season or when his Joventut contract expires two years from now is the question.

In any case, Rubio apparently has no objections to playing in Minnesota.

"This isn't about Minnesota," a source said. "It's about the buyout."

Although the Wolves drafted another point guard in Syracuse's Jonny Flynn on June 25, a source said Minnesota is dedicated to having Rubio on the team next season.

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4327475)

Again, I'd like to emphasize this isn't about Rubio being picky or being "too good" for the NBA, it's about him getting out of his buyout since he dropped to the #5 pick. Predraft he was only going to enter if he was confident he'd be at op 3 pick, to aid the buyout.

Like I said earlier, it's 95% about the buyout.....

Hawkeye15
07-14-2009, 05:51 PM
As a Wolves fan, we got the 2nd best prospect in the draft at #5. He is also a huge need. He is 18, skinny, and won't produce any extra wins for them this year anyways, but down the line, projects to be a very good PG. We can wait. We have 3 first rounders next year. Al Jefferson has a very reasonable deal. Kevin Love is a future stud. All of our contracts are attractive ones basically, and the average age of our contributing players is around 23. Add Flynn to the mix for insurance, and they are better off finally, and headed in the right direction.

cmellofan15
07-14-2009, 05:52 PM
I just saw somethin on ESPN bottomline

jrodmesche
07-14-2009, 05:59 PM
iz an overated garbage euro player

JJ_JKidd
07-14-2009, 08:22 PM
All hype IMHO. Maybe he went back to Europe bec he was dissapointed he wasnt the 1st overall pick. Really the media is overrating him, hasnt played a single NBA game and writers say he is the next this and that, the next big thing whatever.

Really hate overhyped players.

WSU Tony
07-14-2009, 08:31 PM
iz an overated garbage euro player

All hype IMHO. Maybe he went back to Europe bec he was dissapointed he wasnt the 1st overall pick. Really the media is overrating him, hasnt played a single NBA game and writers say he is the next this and that, the next big thing whatever.

Really hate overhyped players.

Aren't all of these prospects all hype until they actually play a game in the NBA?

astrosmaniac
07-14-2009, 09:12 PM
LOL..... You cant's make it to so the players have no rights. Like I said compare it to the NFL system, they have it right. Make the # you go in the draft matter and you will stop a lot of rift raft. But as the current system is Rubio is playing the system so don't get mad at him, He does have that right.

PS...... The NBA still had trades back then also. So it still wasn't a guarantee that you would play your entire career with that team or even one game.

yes but in those days players didn't have the threat of leaving, which mean no leverage, which meant if the team wanted you, you weren't going anywhere

JJ_JKidd
07-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Aren't all of these prospects all hype until they actually play a game in the NBA?

Yeah but the level of hype on Rubio is just so so so unreal... You know that!

SB75
07-14-2009, 09:33 PM
yes but in those days players didn't have the threat of leaving, which mean no leverage, which meant if the team wanted you, you weren't going anywhere

Dude we can go on and on with you trying to make your point true, but it's not. Stars always have leverage. Always. Rubio is an international star. Rubio will make millions if he never plays a game in the NBA. He doesn't have to play in the US. That will be the NBA's loss if he turns out as great as they say he will be.

My friend I respect your opinion about Rubio, But the truth is he's doing the right thing for himself and he's beating the NBA at it's own game. If we want to have the Worlds best players we have to change the rules some. LBJ even joked ( I hope it was a joke) "if they payed me 50 million a season, man yhea i'd go play" Hate to say it Rubio, Childress, Jennings are just the tip of the ice berg. More players will find their way around NBA rules if they don't change. It will kill the game.

SB75
07-14-2009, 09:43 PM
He never said he did or didn't want to play in Minn, due to the fact that Minn media does not swarm everywhere. When asked, in NY, if he wants to play for the Knicks, why wouldn't he say it would be a dream come true? He is 18.
And the NBA system is fine. It is a privelage to play a childs game for millions of dollars a year. He took a chance, hoping that he would go top 3, in order to pay his buyout. He fell out. Now he may have to wait. Ohe well.
Rubio is getting a bad rap here. The kid has a buyout issue. He has never once said he is holding out, blah, blah, blah. And the fact remains, he will have to go thru the Wolves if he ever wants in the NBA anyways. At this point, imo, he would be over here now if he could settle that buyout and still have enough money to live on. Plus, he will be an endorsement player no matter where he is, however, you can't depend on something you don't have yet.
As for him as a prospect, he will at the very least be a good passing PG who gets steals. He is a kid. The shot will get better, and he will get stronger. Fact is, he was the highest rated potentially of all the PGs in this weak draft.

Man are you even reading my post? I said neither of us knows. I do recall him saying he'd like to play for Mike D. via press, so take it how you want that means NY. Not a NY fan but yes it did come up.

The NBA system is broken and you will see more and more good players go over sea's, so when it happens blame the NBA rules not the players. In the post above I quoted LBJ, if he leaves we are screwed. If a mega star like himself opens that gate their is no telling who's next. Once again I hope he was joking.

I'm not hating on Minn. The brass knows more than they will ever tell the media. If he has told them he won't play for them do you think Minn would throw it out their. Not saying it happened that way, just saying it could have. Despite what your management says, Most of us outside Minn think Rubio is trade bait. I don't knock their plan. Nor do I knock Rubio.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Man are you even reading my post? I said neither of us knows. I do recall him saying he'd like to play for Mike D. via press, so take it how you want that means NY. Not a NY fan but yes it did come up.

The NBA system is broken and you will see more and more good players go over sea's, so when it happens blame the NBA rules not the players. In the post above I quoted LBJ, if he leaves we are screwed. If a mega star like himself opens that gate their is no telling who's next. Once again I hope he was joking.

I'm not hating on Minn. The brass knows more than they will ever tell the media. If he has told them he won't play for them do you think Minn would throw it out their. Not saying it happened that way, just saying it could have. Despite what your management says, Most of us outside Minn think Rubio is trade bait. I don't knock their plan. Nor do I knock Rubio.

I remember him commenting that he likes NY as well, and like I said, its cause he was asked what he thought about playing for NY. Easy answer.
The system is somewhat broken, but with the dollar dropping, and the euro rising, it is only natural that is becomes more attractive to play there especially when some don't even tax. LeBron will not leave to go to Europe. And you know what, if the players do start leaving, its the NBA's own fault.
I know you aren't hating on Minnesota, never said that. None of my response was meant to be confrontational, just giving you a Wolves fan point of view on the situation

SB75
07-14-2009, 10:59 PM
I remember him commenting that he likes NY as well, and like I said, its cause he was asked what he thought about playing for NY. Easy answer.
The system is somewhat broken, but with the dollar dropping, and the euro rising, it is only natural that is becomes more attractive to play there especially when some don't even tax. LeBron will not leave to go to Europe. And you know what, if the players do start leaving, its the NBA's own fault.
I know you aren't hating on Minnesota, never said that. None of my response was meant to be confrontational, just giving you a Wolves fan point of view on the situation

We're cool Hawkeye..... It's just hard to tell tone sometimes on blogs. I can understand your point. I just want them to change they system a little.

cowboyz180
07-14-2009, 11:07 PM
im hearing that he either stays with his old team or goes to the timberwolves. I think he is leaning towards staying with his old team so that he dosent have to pay buyout with his old team.

WSU Tony
07-15-2009, 12:10 AM
im hearing that he either stays with his old team or goes to the timberwolves. I think he is leaning towards staying with his old team so that he dosent have to pay buyout with his old team.

It's not a matter of him deciding to pay the buyout, it's a matter of the team lowering it to a reasonable amount for him. He makes 100K over seas and the buyout is like 6-7M. That's completely unreasonable and uncalled for to have a buyout that large for a 100K per year player.

arkanian215
07-15-2009, 12:14 AM
It's more like his contract doesn't allow him to have enough money to pay the buyout clause. He said that if he went one spot sooner, he'd be able to pay it all himself with help of the sponsorship deals he's getting.

AI4MVP
07-15-2009, 01:17 AM

YESSIR

he already has a endorsemnt or sponsorship wih gillete. i saw him in a gillete commercial hah

Hawkeye15
07-15-2009, 07:20 AM
YESSIR

he already has a endorsemnt or sponsorship wih gillete. i saw him in a gillete commercial hah

haha, does he even shave yet? But yeah, if his agent could get endorsements lined up to relieve some of the money issue, it would make it worth while to use his entire salary to pay the buyout. I don't know what the rule is, since he isn't signed yet, and comes from overseas basketball. But make no mistake, he is an international sensation, endorsements will find him even in MInnesota.