PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat stirrup

Iman5830
07-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Well, the heat are in quite a predicament. Wade won't re-sign until some changes are made, and Pat Riley doesn't want to make those changes until wade signs. Both are contradicting eachother, but ultimately Riley has to make the first move because he can't afford to anger Wade and risk him leaving in anger. I think the Heat need to sign Allen Iverson as soon as possible, and make a trade for a better big man. I know Boozer is now an option, but there was talk of them making a run at Bosh, which i believe is more appealing. Even if we were to try and make a trade for someone like one of the clippers' big men (camby or kaman) anything would be better than staying pat. I'm curious what your opinions are, who should the heat go for?

blastmasta26
07-13-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't see how they can go for Bosh, Toronto is looking to win now with a pretty solid roster.

what54!?
07-13-2009, 12:04 PM
In riley I trust. Riley will make moves to get this team better for this year (like sign A.I. for a year and boozer if we get him) but still keep his focus on 2010.

clutchski
07-13-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't see how they can go for Bosh, Toronto is looking to win now with a pretty solid roster.

I think we're pushing hard to keep Bosh and if we do well next year and offer him max money it's highly likely he stays.

king4day
07-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Iverson is probably the biggest name they could get. If they do, then I smell problems in Miami. I don't like that pairing.
Bosh and Boozer, unless Utah is lookin for a salary dump and that's it, I don't see the Heat having enough to give back in return.

camador22
07-13-2009, 12:20 PM
There isn't a GM out there that hasn't made more blockbuster trades then Pat Riley. I'll bet it all that by 2010 the Heat will have a championship roster in place.

JOSKOMANG4
07-13-2009, 12:45 PM
I would make significant moves to improve the roster!

- Sign A.I. He's mentioned he wants in and he is versatile player. Can play the PG position as well as move to SG while wade is on the bench.

- Swap bad contracts with Houston; Trade jermaine O'neal to the Rockets for T-mac. Houston will jump on this deal b/c they need a big center to substitute for Yao being out the whole season.

- Trade with Utah!

Heat acquire PF Carlos Boozer & PF/SF AK 47 from the Jazz in exchange for SG Tracy Mcgrady, PF U. Haslem, and 2010 1st rd pick.

Lineup after all acquisitions!

Heat:

C: Joel Anthony#/Mark Blount^
PF: Carlos Boozer/Michael Beasley/ Robert Dozier*
SF: AK.47/James Jones/Jamario Moon+/Dorell Wright
SG: Dwyane Wade/Daequan Cook/Yakhouba Diawara
PG: Allen Iverson/Mario Chalmers/Chris Quinn / Patrick Beverly*

With this lineup.. they will contend in the Eastern Conference; possibly retain their spot in the playoffs as a 4th-5th seed.

Jazz Lineup: not to shabby

* Match offer with Portland for Milsap.

C: Mehmet Okur/Kosta Koufos/Kyrylo Fesenko/Goran Suton*
PF: Milsap/Haslem
SF: Ronnie Brewer/C.J. Miles/Matt Harpring
SG: Tracy Mcgrady/Kyle Korver^
PG: Deron Williams/ E.Maynor*

If Mcgrady healthy.. Utah can be a serious contender in the Western Conference this season; possible 6th seed at most.

JOSKOMANG4
07-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Another idea along with these trades.

Straight up trade with PHx

Jason richardson for AK 47

Lineup:

C: Joel Anthony#/Mark Blount^
PF: Carlos Boozer/Michael Beasley/ Robert Dozier*
SF: J-rich/James Jones/Jamario Moon+/Dorell Wright

Suns:

C: Amare Stoudamire/Channing Frye/Robin Lopez
PF: Ak 47/Louis Amudson#/ Earl Clark*/Taylor Griffin*
SF: Grant Hill/Alando Tucker/Jared Dudley/Emir Preldvic*
SG: Leandro Barbosa/Sasho Pavlovic
PG: Steve Nash/Goran Dragic

daleja424
07-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Thats not going to get it done at the 5 spot!

JOSKOMANG4
07-13-2009, 12:50 PM
They can also be versatile with Boozer.. move him to center and move Beasley to PF

C: Carlos Boozer/Joel Anthony#/Mark Blount^
PF: Michael Beasley/ Robert Dozier*

JOSKOMANG4
07-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Thats not going to get it done at the 5 spot!

Ummmm.. how so buddy?

1. Celtics(if all healthy)
2. Magic
3. Cavaliers
4. HEAT!
5. Hawks
6. Pistons
7 and 8 is a scramble!

They can also be versatile with Boozer.. move him to center and move Beasley to PF

That roster won't be in the top 5.. come on dude get real.

Mikeleafs
07-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Come to Toronto D-Wade if you want to win now!

We'd have the best lineup in the NBA:

Calderon
Wade
Turk
Bosh
Bargs

BALLER71
07-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Sign Ramon Sessions and trade for Boozer. I believe that's enough to get Wade to sign.

cowboyz180
07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
no way Miami can get bosh this year.

JayW_1023
07-13-2009, 01:30 PM

That roster won't be in the top 5.. come on dude get real.

Actually it won't. No matter how many flashy shoot first players you sign, you still need role players who fulfill specific needs like shooting, rebounding, playmaking or defending.

That team would do great in Blacktop games...but in the NBA there clearly isn't enough defensive talent to become a title contender.

Iman5830
07-13-2009, 06:23 PM
hey, another possibility i just thought of is why not go after lamar odom. they won't be able to simply sign him, but perhaps they can do a sign and trade w/ the lakers, and offer them some fillers and maybe udonis haslem, something along those lines. with this trade, the heat would be able to move beasley to the 4 spot, and gain one of the most versatile players in the league.

AntwanN21
07-13-2009, 06:29 PM
man things are going to get crazy. Much like the raptors this offsesason the manager of the heat need to first put a solid team around wade in order to show commitment from the franchise. If i was wade i would also not sign just yet. If he wants a chance to win and the heat organization isnt putting a good team next to him then i can see him walking next

fishfan79
07-13-2009, 07:15 PM
ehh wade and riley crap is overblown wade has said so himself just recently. I dont see him going anywhere no matter what they do this year, next year they will pick up whomever they want to pretty much so shall be interesting.

Chronz
07-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Theyre both fools, why would Riley want to extend Wade if it will prevent him from getting him help. Why would Wade want more $ if it hinders their cap.

A smart GM/Player would wait till 2010, renounce everyone rights (possibly Wade's), sign the help, and then with whatever money is left extend Wade. It would require Wade to take a paycut but it would solidify the team.

lou seone
07-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Come to Toronto D-Wade if you want to win now!

We'd have the best lineup in the NBA:

Calderon
Wade
Turk
Bosh
Bargs

the raptors have just enough money to sign bosh they can't afford wade,however the heat do have enough money in 2010 to sign wade and bosh or even lebron when neither toronto nor cleveland can match come close to the celtics and the magic and neither team has any money to spend and therefore can only improve by trading the player they have that are over paid

lou seone
07-13-2009, 08:02 PM
no way Miami can get bosh this year.
by the trading dead line the raptors will realize they don't have what it takes to hang with the big boys and since bosh is not doing so good and wants a max contract the g.m. will consider trading him.
the raptors have just enough money to sign bosh they can't afford wade,however the heat do have enough money in 2010 to sign wade and bosh or even lebron when neither toronto nor cleveland can match come close to the celtics and the magic and neither team has any money to spend and therefore can only improve by trading the player they have that are over paid

B_Rad01
07-13-2009, 08:05 PM
i think Iverson will sign with tha heat and then i can see riley trading 4 boozer

TRF929
07-13-2009, 08:15 PM
i agree with you Iman, i could see Odom going to Miami and I don't think he would mind playing with Wade. It would put them in the right direction IMO and it would put the ball in Wade's hands of leaving or not, i dont think he will though.

slaker619
07-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Heat Lineup For Real

C.Jermain O'neal/Joel Anthony/Robert Dozier
PF.Micheal Beasley/Udonis Haslem
SF.Josh Howard/Jamrio Moon
SG.Dwayne Wade/Daquean Cook
PG.Allen Iverson/Mario Chalmers(Starter Mins)/Patrick Beaerley

Iman5830
07-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Heat Lineup For Real

C.Jermain O'neal/Joel Anthony/Robert Dozier
PF.Micheal Beasley/Udonis Haslem
SF.Josh Howard/Jamrio Moon
SG.Dwayne Wade/Daquean Cook
PG.Allen Iverson/Mario Chalmers(Starter Mins)/Patrick Beaerley

yo how do you think we'd get josh howard.....without givng up any good players whatsoever

HiphopRelated
07-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Wade's not extending because he loses something like 50 million. That's his primary reason for waiting for next year. Having a nice team in the mean time would be the best of both worlds

b_rad23
07-13-2009, 10:58 PM
The truth is that Wade right now is not extending, but he's trying to use his leverage while he has it to get some players in here.

IMO Wade is going to wait until next year and come back no matter what, so this is just him trying to get a better team around him.