PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Heat in lead for AI and talking about Utah

daleja424
07-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Memphis Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley thinks that the Miami Heat are "the odds-on favorite" to sign free-agent guard Allen Iverson but hasn't abandoned hope of acquiring the four-time scoring champion.

In a halftime interview Sunday at the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, where No. 2 overall draft pick Hasheem Thabeet made his professional debut in the Grizzlies' 86-57 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder, Heisley confirmed to ESPN.com that he still wants to bring Iverson to Memphis.

"I think he's got three teams he's talking to," Heisley said, referring to the Grizzlies, Heat and the Charlotte Bobcats, who are widely presumed to be interested because Iverson's former coach, Larry Brown, has said he's open to coaching Iverson again.

"Obviously I would think that the odds-on favorite would be Miami, because Dwyane Wade would like to get with him and I think that would be where [Iverson and agent Leon Rose] would like to go. But we're still talking to them and we'll see what happens."

The level of Charlotte's interest has not been verified and it likewise remains to be seen how far Miami is willing to go financially to sign Iverson, whose free-agent options at 34 appear to be severely limited in this depressed economy. Iverson's well-chronicled reluctance to come off the bench and the drastic dip in salary he's facing after earning nearly $21 million last season during his tumultuous stint with the Detroit Pistons have likewise led to the perception that he might actually retire before taking any NBA job he can find.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4323159

He's (Carlos Boozer) been linked to Miami for quite some time, partly because he has an offseason home there, partly because of his relationship with Heat star Dwyane Wade and partly because of his friendship with Heat owner Micky Arrison.

But Miami has no team payroll salary cap space this summer, so for a while talk of Carlos Boozer-to-the-Heat as a free agent cooled.

And now it's warming back up.

Heat star Dwyane Wade — who has been bickering with the franchise lately regarding a contract extension and the team's need to improve its roster — is lobbying, to a degree, for Miami to go after the Jazz's on-the-trade-block power forward.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705316531/Utah-Jazz-Boozer-to-Miami-trade-talk-is-warming-up.html

What does this do for Miami? If this happens it vaults Miami right into the discussion with the top 3 in the East...If not making them the favorite...

AI=Williams
Wade>whatever
Beasley<James
Boozer>whatever
O'Neal=O'Neal

AI=Rondo
Wade>Allen
Beasley<Pierce
Boozer=KG
O'Nea>Perk

AI=Nelson
Wade>Carter
Beasley=Lewis
Boozer>Bass
O'Neal<Howard

DCB/LAL
07-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Wow if they can somehow add both Miami all of sudden looks to be a legit contender especially with them having Wade can be very dangerous!!

DCB/LAL
07-13-2009, 10:27 AM

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705316531/Utah-Jazz-Boozer-to-Miami-trade-talk-is-warming-up.html

What does this do for Miami? If this happens it vaults Miami right into the discussion with the top 3 in the East...If not making them the favorite...

AI=Williams
Wade>whatever
Beasley<James
Boozer>whatever
O'Neal=O'Neal

AI=Rondo
Wade>Allen
Beasley<Pierce
Boozer=KG
O'Nea>Perk

AI=Nelson
Wade>Carter
Beasley=Lewis
Boozer>Bass
O'Neal<Howard

I dont know if i agree with the "=" wait no i dont agree Lewis when he's on he is LIGHTS OUT deadly but the thing here is he's not always on when he's not on then maybe id agree with the "=" but for now i dont agree i think Lewis is the better player right now but thats IMO.

Wilson
07-13-2009, 10:32 AM
A Dwyane Wade/Carlos Boozer connection could be extremely hard to stop. Then they have an amazing third option in Michael Beasley and good role players with Mario Chalmers and Udonis Haslem. If this comes through, they might be a move or two away from another championship.

I don't know what O'Neal gives them at this point. If he can play some defense at C then that makes them that much better.

Does anyone know what they'd be willing to give up for Boozer?

I hope they don't sign Iverson. I love the guy, but if he goes to Miami, he's faced with the same problem he had in Denver and Detroit. He needs the ball to be effective, which doesn't work whilst he's on the court with Carmelo Anthony/Rodney Stuckey/Dwyane Wade.

BALLER71
07-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Utah is desperate to get rid of Boozer because they need to match the offer that the Blazers made to Millsap.
What I like about these two moves for Miami is that we get a good lineup for next year without hurting our chances in 2010.

daleja424
07-13-2009, 10:47 AM
I think Haslem+Quinn+2011 first round pick is fair for Boozer. Haslem can give them 10/8 off the bench and will be very effective in their systems. Quinn is just a filler. The best part for Utah is the fact that they get further under the lux cap. This deal will dave them 10 million dollars and get them haslem and a draft pick..

qbanheatfan
07-13-2009, 10:48 AM
I like the Idea of adding Boozer if its going to be a 1 yr thing and we don't give up any key young players to bring him to the Heat. I, however don't like AI coming to the Heat he will not help the team chemistry and will prolong Chalmers/Beasley's developments because AI would have to get quality minutes, minutes I'd rather give to our young guys.

Boozer is a nice addition but I'm still a bit skeptical I don't think he's as great a power forward as many think plus he has a history of injury problems. I think he's an example of a player succeeding in the right system...the one the Jazz runs that is different from the Heat system so it wouldn't work. Again, though I wouldn't mind it if its just a one year rental then its okay but I'd prefer Bosh long term.

daleja424
07-13-2009, 10:50 AM
A Dwyane Wade/Carlos Boozer connection could be extremely hard to stop. Then they have an amazing third option in Michael Beasley and good role players with Mario Chalmers and Udonis Haslem. If this comes through, they might be a move or two away from another championship.

I don't know what O'Neal gives them at this point. If he can play some defense at C then that makes them that much better.

Does anyone know what they'd be willing to give up for Boozer?

I hope they don't sign Iverson. I love the guy, but if he goes to Miami, he's faced with the same problem he had in Denver and Detroit. He needs the ball to be effective, which doesn't work whilst he's on the court with Carmelo Anthony/Rodney Stuckey/Dwyane Wade.

he had some of his most effectiove years while playing with mello IMO... Iverson is a career 42% shooter and he was over 45% in all three years with Denver...

FlakeyFool
07-13-2009, 11:04 AM
they'll have no bench

theuuord
07-13-2009, 11:13 AM
lol, can anyone else imagine AI lasting an entire year in mormon Utah?

I can't.

masalex1205
07-13-2009, 11:15 AM
blah, can't believe anybody wants this guy

daleja424
07-13-2009, 11:19 AM
lol, can anyone else imagine AI lasting an entire year in mormon Utah?

I can't.

ummm...its ai to miami...not utah...

daleja424
07-13-2009, 11:20 AM
they'll have no bench

chalmers, cook, jones/moon, magloire... how many teams use more then a 8-9 man rotation anyways...

tromo9
07-13-2009, 11:21 AM
haha lets get real shaq is much better than jermaine o'neal

Hanzinho
07-13-2009, 11:24 AM

AI=Williams
Wade>whatever
Beasley<James
Boozer>whatever
O'Neal=O'Neal

AI=Rondo
Wade>Allen
Beasley<Pierce
Boozer=KG
O'Nea>Perk

AI=Nelson
Wade>Carter
Beasley=Lewis
Boozer>Bass
O'Neal<Howard

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL!!!

daleja424
07-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I disagree. Shaq got his knees back together and increased his production a little bit, JO is in the same process. He is working hard to get his knees back healthy with wade's trainer Grover. Jo is just as productive as Shaq. He may not be the same kind of force, but he can put the same numbers up...

daleja424
07-13-2009, 11:26 AM

LOL!!!

care to elaborate...

philab
07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
The Heat bringing in Iverson would be a desperation move to sell tickets. Nothing more. I don't think he'd help the team much at all. (I'm a huge Iverson fan by the way, so no 'hating' here.)

Boozer would be a very good pickup for the Heat (or any team). Haslem, Quinn, and a 2011 1st isn't getting it done though -- get real.

If the Heat somehow pick up both, they could compete with the East's big three. I'd still slot them as fourth best though. Any talk of "favorite" to win is ridiculous.

philab
07-13-2009, 11:29 AM
I disagree. Shaq got his knees back together and increased his production a little bit, JO is in the same process. He is working hard to get his knees back healthy with wade's trainer Grover. Jo is just as productive as Shaq. He may not be the same kind of force, but he can put the same numbers up...

JO was never half the player Shaq was. If both Shaq and JO "get their knees back together," Shaq is the superior player (and he has and he is). You're being a huge homer here.

daleja424
07-13-2009, 11:33 AM
JO was never half the player Shaq was. If both Shaq and JO "get their knees back together," Shaq is the superior player (and he has and he is). You're being a huge homer here.

Jermaine O'Neal was never close to Shaq in his prime, I agree completely. But the fact remains that JO is 30 and Shaq is what? 35. At this point, JO can still be a 15/10 guy IMO and I don't think Shaq is much more then that either. Maybe shaw could average a few more points, but JO is a better shotblocker. Overall I would say either has a huge edge over the other at this point in their careers...

philab
07-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Jermaine O'Neal was never close to Shaq in his prime, I agree completely. But the fact remains that JO is 30 and Shaq is what? 35. At this point, JO can still be a 15/10 guy IMO and I don't think Shaq is much more then that either. Maybe shaw could average a few more points, but JO is a better shotblocker. Overall I would say either has a huge edge over the other at this point in their careers...

Guys age at different rates, first off. JO came straight from HS, so he's got more mileage on him than most guys his age (and Shaq at that age).

Anyway, Shaq has been better than JO every season they've been in the league together. Now, especially after JO has taken a bit of a fall from grace, you want me to believe that suddenly that will change? I have a hard time doing such. It may happen, but it's not what I'd call a realistic prediction.

daleja424
07-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Guys age at different rates, first off. JO came straight from HS, so he's got more mileage on him than most guys his age (and Shaq at that age).

Anyway, Shaq has been better than JO every season they've been in the league together. Now, especially after JO has taken a bit of a fall from grace, you want me to believe that suddenly that will change? I have a hard time doing such. It may happen, but it's not what I'd call a realistic prediction.

I guess my hope has a lot to do with my prediction...

SB75
07-13-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't think an Iverson/ Wade combo will workout. I love both players I just think it's to many shots in the back court. If they both agree to take less of a role in the offense and can land Boozer, things will get interesting.

what54!?
07-13-2009, 11:49 AM
if iverson will take less shots this could work out. I hope he just wont playing for a contract next year if he signs with us. But who knows

Wade_County
07-13-2009, 11:52 AM
i dont think iverson will workout good with the heat. However, he wants a 1 year contract and it kinda sounds to me like he wants a 1 year contract to prove that be can take a lesser role and then resign with someone else next year after he proves he can help and not be the number 1 guy. But, Ive been wrong before.

what54!?
07-13-2009, 11:56 AM
i dont think iverson will workout good with the heat. However, he wants a 1 year contract and it kinda sounds to me like he wants a 1 year contract to prove that be can take a lesser role and then resign with someone else next year after he proves he can help and not be the number 1 guy. But, Ive been wrong before.
yeah but if its only one year I see it as a low risk, high reward move

Wade_County
07-13-2009, 12:04 PM
yeah but if its only one year I see it as a low risk, high reward move

i agree. I think its a big deal for iverson cause as much that happen in Detriot last year, he wants to prove he can still help a team.

Jay_Dub
07-13-2009, 12:12 PM

As a Raptors fan I see this kind of thinking very reminiscent of the thinking many Raptor fans had after JO was acquired and after we heard what he had to say about his knees. He said his knees were healthy for the first time in a few years. Everybody expected big things out of him ... but it became clear that even with his supposedly healthy knees he had simply lost a step. There was no explosion in his legs. Not to mention the fact that he was extremely injury prone. His greatest asset to the heat right now is his 20m contract that is coming off the books next year. The only thing he's going to give the heat is good rebounding and defense ... when he's healthy.

philab
07-13-2009, 12:19 PM
i agree. I think its a big deal for iverson cause as much that happen in Detriot last year, he wants to prove he can still help a team.

That's what they said went he went to Detroit last year.

Iverson, like any player, is the player that he is. All this "wants to prove himself," "has extra motivation" stuff rings hollow when we have a career's worth of play to use for assessment.

I don't like the Iverson/Wade idea. Iverson's a talented player, so he'll improve the team in many regards. I just think he'd hurt the team in other regards though and end up being not much of an addition.

JayW_1023
07-13-2009, 01:06 PM
If Iverson becomes a Heat, Wade will prolly leave Miami very soon. Iverson is the last thing a young team trying to become a contender needs. His selfish antics will drag the whole team down, on and off the court.

JayW_1023
07-13-2009, 01:09 PM

LOL!!!

Either way as I said many times...the > comparisons is the most ******** way ever to match up teams. It only reveals how lacking ones knowledge is of the game of basketball. The NBA isn't a friggin' pick up game fer crying out loud...

ttam68
07-13-2009, 01:17 PM
First, Utah wants $$$ right now, not next offseason and not necessarily talent. Getting Udonis would be worthless when the idea is to be able to afford to match for Millsap.

Second, I don't know how you got all those player comparisons. Since when is JO good for 15 and 10? http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=615

Looks more like 13 and 5 in 70 games. But I'd love to see the Heat get Boozer and Iverson so Wade could be more entertaining for a year.

JayW_1023
07-13-2009, 01:22 PM
JO is ripe for the glue factory. He thinks he is better than he is. JO suffers from Chris Webberitis...which causes an allergic reaction from paint.

The Heat would be wise to get a legitimate post scorer in Boozer...because JO is no longer a low post threat. He also doesn't have the lateral quickness or toughness to board at the rate of a 6'11 250 pound big man. He is basically a part time performer now.

The Heat will be sorry if they gamble on Iverson.

cowboyz180
07-13-2009, 01:31 PM
i dont think getting AI will help miami, but i think getting boozer may help...

OA SLAY
07-13-2009, 01:31 PM
If Iverson becomes a Heat, Wade will prolly leave Miami very soon. Iverson is the last thing a young team trying to become a contender needs. His selfish antics will drag the whole team down, on and off the court.

Based on what?:mad:

JayW_1023
07-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Based on what?:mad:

I'll throw a few key words to help out out.

Pistons
Bench
Faking injury
8th seed

You figure out the rest.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-13-2009, 01:52 PM

AI=Williams
Wade>whatever
Beasley<James
Boozer>whatever
O'Neal=O'Neal

AI=Rondo
Wade>Allen
Beasley<Pierce
Boozer=KG
O'Nea>Perk

AI=Nelson
Wade>Carter
Beasley=Lewis
Boozer>Bass
O'Neal<Howard

Jermaine O'Neal = Shaquille O'Neal
Beasley = Rashard Lewis
Boozer = KG
AI = Rondo????

My friend you been smoking something I need to get my hands on. Although, these would be great additions to your team. What are you giving up for Boozer? Someone has to go, Utah wants something in return. Boozer and O'Neal are extremely injury prone, and your bench w/ Beasley starting will be absolutely horrible. Plus, AI isnt a point guard and cannot run a team effectively, which, yes I know Wade would probably take care of that but still you need a facilitator and I dont like AI over a developng Mario Chalmers who is an excellent defender possibly a Rondo prototype in the future.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Plus even with those roster moves it will be difficult to crack Top 4 in the East this year Cleveland, Boston, Orlando have all made major moves to add depth and more skilled players. Dont sleep on my Hawks either, they have quietly resigned all of there key players (pending Marvin Williams announcement) and we added a stud off the bench/starting in Jamal Crawford who is more reliable then Flip Murray to take some pressure of Joe Johnson, and they also added the blindly fast and deceptive rookie PG Jeff Teague to push the tempo, signed the 7 footer they drafted a few years ago Chris Andersen. Watch out East...hopefully. LOL

JordansBulls
07-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Heat getting AI because they know Wade will leave unless he gets help. It they keep same team as last year, Wade is out.

Jonathan2323
07-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Heat getting AI because they know Wade will leave unless he gets help. It they keep same team as last year, Wade is out.

you wish he leaves

Who would leave Miami? where you can make more money and the women are crazy!!!!!!!!!

0% chance Wade leaves he said last night he wants to be in Miami more than people want him to be here.

Jahari Kavi
07-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Boozer would be a very good pickup for the Heat (or any team). Haslem, Quinn, and a 2011 1st isn't getting it done though -- get real.

if they were trying to move boozer for prince then that could very well get it done.

Jahari Kavi
07-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Plus even with those roster moves it will be difficult to crack Top 4 in the East this year Cleveland, Boston, Orlando have all made major moves to add depth and more skilled players. Dont sleep on my Hawks either, they have quietly resigned all of there key players (pending Marvin Williams announcement) and we added a stud off the bench/starting in Jamal Crawford who is more reliable then Flip Murray to take some pressure of Joe Johnson, and they also added the blindly fast and deceptive rookie PG Jeff Teague to push the tempo, signed the 7 footer they drafted a few years ago Chris Andersen. Watch out East...hopefully. LOL

that Miami could be as good as any of those teams....people 4get how great D Wade is........

Jahari Kavi
07-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Jermaine O'Neal = Shaquille O'Neal
Beasley = Rashard Lewis
Boozer = KG
AI = Rondo????

My friend you been smoking something I need to get my hands on. Although, these would be great additions to your team. What are you giving up for Boozer? Someone has to go, Utah wants something in return. Boozer and O'Neal are extremely injury prone, and your bench w/ Beasley starting will be absolutely horrible. Plus, AI isnt a point guard and cannot run a team effectively, which, yes I know Wade would probably take care of that but still you need a facilitator and I dont like AI over a developng Mario Chalmers who is an excellent defender possibly a Rondo prototype in the future.

Shaq "might" be slightly better than J.O. at this point in his career...Shaq probably still does more for u offensively, but defensively Jermaine is much better

KG is a beast defensively, but has never been a banger down low on the offensive end. Plus he's coming off a major injury, so u never know how that works out. Rondo is the most overrated player in the game...yes I said it. The guy gets the benefit of playing with 3 future HOF...He's still inconsistent, hesitant at times, and his jump shot is disgusting. Put that cat on the Hornets in place of Chris Paul and we would see how "great" he is.

EastCoastBaller
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
A. Iverson
D. Wade
M. Beasley
C. Boozer
J. O'Neal

Damn there pretty much contender if they can stay healthy.

Mr.ATLHawks
07-13-2009, 02:38 PM
that Miami could be as good as any of those teams....people 4get how great D Wade is........

D Wade is great i wont deny that, but they rely on him way too much. Even with that proposed lineup you still have D Wade dribbling the ball up trying to create for Boozer(who is overrated to me) 2 Players who dont rebound worth a damn on their frontline. Jermaine O'Neal 2.0 bpg vs Shaq's 1.4...not a huge difference (6 more blocks in 20 games). People are intimidated by Shaqs presence in the lane on defense and he commands double teams most of the time, better rebounder, IMO better denfender(J. O'Neal gets backed down alot), Shaq's FG % is way higher then J O'Neal, only thing J Oneal has on him is FT %. Rondo is still budding and his jumpshot has came a longggg way since he was a rookie, plus I dont think he is over rated he didnt even make an all Star team yet. I think people just see the potential in the guy and lets face it he carried his team pretty well last year in the playoffs to be minus 1 HOF and 1 Struggling HOF

JayW_1023
07-13-2009, 02:42 PM
A. Iverson
D. Wade
M. Beasley
C. Boozer
J. O'Neal

Except the only player on that line-up that plays a lick of defense is Wade. So no.

Jonathan2323
07-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Except the only player on that line-up that plays a lick of defense is Wade. So no.

JO plays defense and he's also a good shot blocker

Jahari Kavi
07-13-2009, 02:44 PM

Jermaine O'neal has always been a good defender and can block shots....chances are A.I. wouldn't start

Ni55anpat
07-13-2009, 02:47 PM

LOL!!!

Def LOL :smoking:

JayW_1023
07-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Jermaine O'neal has always been a good defender and can block shots....chances are A.I. wouldn't start

Except the fact that JO isn't a good defender anymore...and his rebounding and shotblocking has likewise declined. He may have a solid game once every, what, six games...but expecting more is just wishful thinking. And chances are if Iverson won't start, you won't be on his good side.

Boston Faithful
07-13-2009, 03:03 PM

AI=Williams
Wade>whatever
Beasley<James
Boozer>whatever
O'Neal=O'Neal

AI=Rondo
Wade>Allen
Beasley<Pierce
Boozer=KG
O'Nea>Perk

AI=Nelson
Wade>Carter
Beasley=Lewis
Boozer>Bass
O'Neal<Howard

Are you crazy? Boozer equals KG and Beasley equals Rashard Lewis? Man, stop taking those pills.

jimbobjarree
07-13-2009, 03:16 PM
I doubt Booz goes to the Heat, they look our worst trading partners IMO. Only way Boozer goes is if we save at least 4 or 5 million this season. Its not about making salaries work with expirings, because Boozer is an expiring. We wont give up Boozer for crap since our finances are well placed to afford the Millsap re-signing. Only way Heat get him is if the salaries are huge and we save 5 milish with the trade still being within 25%...and the Heat dont wanna pay that luxury tax either so its pointless.

And the sources I read said the Heat were only willing to offer AI like 2 million a year, he should go to the Grizzlies for sure.

Jonathan2323
07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
the Heat have a 4-5 million dollar trade exception which means they can take back more salary than they give, it all depends if they want to pay the lux tax.

BALLER71
07-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Are you crazy? Boozer equals KG and Beasley equals Rashard Lewis? Man, stop taking those pills.

Per 48 min.:

Michael Beasley: 27 PPG.
Rashard Lewis: 23 PPG.

Rashard Lewis is better right now but not by as much as you think.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Peolpe gotta stop drinking HATEorade.

Jahari Kavi
07-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Except the fact that JO isn't a good defender anymore...and his rebounding and shotblocking has likewise declined. He may have a solid game once every, what, six games...but expecting more is just wishful thinking. And chances are if Iverson won't start, you won't be on his good side.

in 27 games last year he got 54 blocks....the thing with JO is health, like it's always been....if he can remain relatively healthy then i think he can be a solid contributor.........

ttam68
07-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Per 48 min.:

Michael Beasley: 27 PPG.
Rashard Lewis: 23 PPG.

Rashard Lewis is better right now but not by as much as you think.

Craig Smith: 24.5 PP48 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3031)
Pau Gasol 24.5 PP48 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=0996)

:speechless::speechless::speechless: SAME PLAYERR!!!! :speechless::speechless::speechless:

JayW_1023
07-13-2009, 03:34 PM
in 27 games last year he got 54 blocks....the thing with JO is health, like it's always been....if he can remain relatively healthy then i think he can be a solid contributor.........

Still for a 611, 260 pound center to get just 4,5 rebounds a game...even Eddy Curry does better than that.

Wilson
07-13-2009, 03:52 PM
he had some of his most effectiove years while playing with mello IMO... Iverson is a career 42% shooter and he was over 45% in all three years with Denver...

His individual numbers may have been better, but I don't think it can really translate to on court success. I know they scored a lot of points, but it seemed to be much more because of series of iso's than good offense.

Maybe that could change with a guy like Boozer down low though...

abe_froman
07-13-2009, 03:52 PM
A. Iverson
D. Wade
M. Beasley
C. Boozer
J. O'Neal

that wont happen,thats an injury mess waiting to happen :laugh2:

BALLER71
07-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Craig Smith: 24.5 PP48 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3031)
Pau Gasol 24.5 PP48 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=0996)

:speechless::speechless::speechless: SAME PLAYERR!!!! :speechless::speechless::speechless:
Shows you that Smith is a efficient player that if given minutes can produce. Of course this does not take in consideration, defense.

what54!?
07-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Still for a 611, 260 pound center to get just 4,5 rebounds a game...even Eddy Curry does better than that.sad but true :pity:

still I rather keep him. He can still give you 15-18 ppg and he's still good for shotblocking. Plus theres that huge expiring.........

KaganRS
07-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah if these things happened they would def. be one of the top teams in the Eastern conf. again ................man wtf where are the pistons at ? whats going on !?!

what54!?
07-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Yeah if these things happened they would def. be one of the top teams in the Eastern conf. again ................man wtf where are the pistons at ? whats going on !?!re-building mode. takes time

Sportfan
07-13-2009, 04:34 PM

AI=Williams
Wade>whatever
Beasley<James
Boozer>whatever
O'Neal=O'Neal

AI=Rondo
Wade>Allen
Beasley<Pierce
Boozer=KG
O'Nea>Perk

AI=Nelson
Wade>Carter
Beasley=Lewis
Boozer>Bass
O'Neal<Howard

lmao... AI distrupts the chemistry all 3 of those pg's (maybe mo) are better
KG is better than boozer
Nelson is better than AI
Rondo is better than AI
Shaq is better than Jermaine
lewis is better than beasley right now

smith&wesson
07-13-2009, 04:50 PM

AI=Williams
Wade>whatever
Beasley<James
Boozer>whatever
O'Neal=O'Neal

AI=Rondo
Wade>Allen
Beasley<Pierce
Boozer=KG
O'Nea>Perk

AI=Nelson
Wade>Carter
Beasley=Lewis
Boozer>Bass
O'Neal<Howard[/QUOTE]

AI is definatly better then mo will.

j oniel does not = s oniel

boozer LOL does NOT = KG. AT ALLLLLL

beasley may = lewis in time. but at this point lewis is WAY better.
beasley might be betterin in the future. but he does not = lewis now.

GoatMilk
07-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Utah wants Beasley

J_M_B
07-13-2009, 04:56 PM
PG-Allen Iverson
SG-Dwyane Wade
SF-Micheal Beasley
PF-Carlos Boozer
C-Jermaine O'Neal

Bench-Mario Chalmers, Daquen Cook, James Jones,(Udnois Haslem? depends if part of deal)

A couple moves to add depth to the bench and I think Miami might be able to compete with the big 3 in the east. I think Pat Riley can pull that off.

what54!?
07-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Utah wants Beasleytheir not getting him for boozer. plus their trying to keep millsap, why go after beasley

GoatMilk
07-13-2009, 04:57 PM
beasley is a true SF, no?

J_M_B
07-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Utah wants Beasley

:confused: you have a link? Beasley wouldn't be part of any deal for Boozer.

J_M_B
07-13-2009, 04:59 PM
beasley is a true SF, no?

He's a PF

what54!?
07-13-2009, 05:00 PM
beasley is a true SF, no?he's a PF thats learning how to be a SF. so no not right now.

GoatMilk
07-13-2009, 05:01 PM
whats the deal then?

utah doesnt want boozer, but he is still an expiring contract. they dont have to trade him.
lol the link is from twitter <3
but the guy is legit. a ton of these off season moves he's called before espn and other outlets.

like recently the gortat thing. he said that orland would match last night, and it barely came out a few hours ago

i hear the Jazz want Michael Beasley if they are to reach a deal with the Heat to send over Carlos boozer.
you dont have to believe it

what54!?
07-13-2009, 05:06 PM
well beasley isn't going anywhere, especially for boozer (whos a good player, but not that good) who probably whould be a one year rental for us.

GoatMilk
07-13-2009, 05:09 PM
here's another

Dwayne Wade is urging the heat management to trade for carlos boozer
he may not be a rental. you'd probably sign him to an extension. but boozer always changes his mind so you never know lol

what54!?
07-13-2009, 05:15 PM
^^^^^^heat fans already know wade wants him. We just don't want beasley involved. We won't give boozer an extension since the heat are still looking foward to 2010. If we can't get who we wants then we may re-sign him next summer....

b_rad23
07-13-2009, 05:19 PM

Nope. Not a good rebounder- true.

Still an elite shotblocker and takes a ton of charges.

He's a good defensive player.

He's not a 20 10 guy or even an 18 8 guy but he still plays solid defense, blocks shots and otherwise deters at the rim.

cr00zi3
07-13-2009, 06:13 PM
So wats this mean...Miami gets AI and BOOZ????

Chronz
07-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Jermaine was a DPOY caliber defender 2 years ago, but now he gos for too many blocks, he needs to adapt and play more positional defense. He wont alter as many shots, but if he can contest, he will atleast still be in position to grab the misses. Hes still pretty good I think, but I didnt see enough of him in Miami and I saw too much of him in Toronto.

Bruno
07-13-2009, 06:18 PM

AI=Williams
Wade>whatever
Beasley<James
Boozer>whatever
O'Neal=O'Neal

AI=Rondo
Wade>Allen
Beasley<Pierce
Boozer=KG
O'Nea>Perk

AI=Nelson
Wade>Carter
Beasley=Lewis
Boozer>Bass
O'Neal<Howard

KG is A LOT better than Carlos Boozer. KG would lock him down in a best of seven.

what54!?
07-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Jermaine was a DPOY caliber defender 2 years ago, but now he gos for too many blocks, he needs to adapt and play more positional defense. He wont alter as many shots, but if he can contest, he will atleast still be in position to grab the misses. Hes still pretty good I think, but I didnt see enough of him in Miami and I saw too much of him in Toronto.he's still a good weakside help shotblocker and he can still use his length to alter shots. As far as offensively he's basically a one legged jumpshooter.

Nighthawk
07-13-2009, 06:21 PM

LOL!!!

LMAO

A.I = Rondo??

KG wipes his filthy anus with Boozer every night. Let the Heat make these moves. A.I i s a cancer an they wont win anything. And Boozer will be nice for a few years til his contract is up an he'll jet again Mr. Unloyal

mrblisterdundee
07-13-2009, 06:26 PM

AI=Williams
Wade>whatever
Beasley<James
Boozer>whatever
O'Neal=O'Neal

AI=Rondo
Wade>Allen
Beasley<Pierce
Boozer=KG
O'Nea>Perk

AI=Nelson
Wade>Carter
Beasley=Lewis
Boozer>Bass
O'Neal<Howard

Allen Iverson is equal to Rajon Rondo and Jameer Nelson, but he's definitely better than Mo Williams. Michael Beasley is not as good as Rashard Lewis at small forward either. Finally, don't write that Jermaine O'Neal is better than any other center until he gets healthy. As it stands, Jermaine is worse than almost any center, because he hardly plays and totally under-performs.

dee279
07-13-2009, 06:46 PM
if iverson will take less shots this could work out. I hope he just wont playing for a contract next year if he signs with us. But who knows

If he chooses to play for a contract, he will choose Memphis. If he wants to win, he will choose Miami. NOt saying Grizzlies dont have a chance to succeed because, ON PAPER, they have a pretty good team more especially if Thabeet can play like a true dominant defensive Center.

Hoopsadvocate
07-13-2009, 06:51 PM

AI=Williams
Wade>whatever
Beasley<James
Boozer>whatever
O'Neal=O'Neal

AI=Rondo
Wade>Allen
Beasley<Pierce
Boozer=KG
O'Nea>Perk

AI=Nelson
Wade>Carter
Beasley=Lewis
Boozer>Bass
O'Neal<Howard

:pity: wow im embarrassed for you...

Chronz
07-13-2009, 06:52 PM
he's still a good weakside help shotblocker and he can still use his length to alter shots. As far as offensively he's basically a one legged jumpshooter.
Yea, its just sad cuz he used to be a great weakside helper.

Length? Ive heard scouts refer to Jermaine's arms as T-Rex like. I always thought the reason he couldnt finish in the paint despite a plethora of low post moves was due to his short reach.

Hes becoming a specialist like Theo, or Alonzo in his older days, man if you guys still had him, he and Zo would make a great combination. Jermaine could focus on rebounding (Something I know he can still do), and Zo could be the anchor.

dee279
07-13-2009, 06:53 PM
The heat will be dangerous with a starting line up of, Past, present, and future all stars if they get A.I. and Boozer. A.I. and D Wade are all future Hall of Famers and past allstars. DWADE is also a present and future ALL STAR. J ONEAL is a past all star, and Beasley is a future All Star. I dont think Boozer made it to an All star but im not sho but i do know he played on the USA team and thats good enough. The starting line up would be dangerous if they could play together with good chemistry.

fishfan79
07-13-2009, 06:56 PM
hmm i just think it would be an interesting team if this happens not sure if it would but it would be interesting

B_Rad01
07-13-2009, 07:10 PM
wow... imagine a lineup of
AI
Wade
B- Easy
Boozer
O'Neal

i dont kno bout u but thats a contending team rite there

PapelbonLester
07-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Boo to Boozer YAIII for Ai. Beasley will be a better PF than Boozer is/will/was. Beasley needs to start and get some time. if they get AI and start

AI
Wade
Moon
Beasley
Oneal

Chalmers
Haslem
Cook
Quinn
Jones
Maglore

thats a nice *** sqad if you ask me

jimbobjarree
07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
^thats just the team that came 5th last year, with AI who has slowly turned into a cancer.

Wilson
07-13-2009, 08:26 PM
If he chooses to play for a contract, he will choose Memphis. If he wants to win, he will choose Miami. NOt saying Grizzlies dont have a chance to succeed because, ON PAPER, they have a pretty good team more especially if Thabeet can play like a true dominant defensive Center.

If Iverson goes to Memphis, that's three guys (Iverson, Mayo and Gay) who command the ball on the perimeter. It may be a little too much...

HiphopRelated
07-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Yes Boozer, no AI

daleja424
07-13-2009, 10:25 PM
^thats just the team that came 5th last year, with AI who has slowly turned into a cancer.

except beasley and chalmers are going into their second years now...and beasley would be getting starters minutes