PDA

View Full Version : NBA's Most Overrated/Underrated

RyderRyfle
07-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Overrated

Steve Nash: They gave him two MVPs, for Christ's sake.

Underrated

Deron Williams: The best offensive point guard in the league.

What do you think?

asandhu23
07-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Andris Biedrins Underrated
Andrew Bynum Overrated

CELTICS4LYFE
07-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Andrew "if i stay healthy" bynum overrated

rudy gay underrated

Suns113
07-13-2009, 08:13 AM
stEve nash is not overated at all.

Overated: bynum rondo

Underated joe johnson rudy gay kevin mArtin

AntiG
07-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Andrew Bynum is the most overrated player in the entire NBA. We have Lakers fans claiming he's the top center in the West on another thread when he's clearly a barely even average starter. :rolleyes:

AirJordanXVIII
07-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Underrated - Kevin Martin and Emeka Okafor

Overrated - Everyone on the Cavs roster except Mo and James.

ertanozgur
07-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Dwight howard is the most overrated
Tim Duncan is the most underrated ( he should be ranked top 5 of all time)

Unruly Fan
07-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Tim Duncan is the most underrated ( he should be ranked top 5 of all time)Is this sarcasm or something?

KKell2507
07-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Ill take it a step further and go each position:

PG Overrated: Steve Nash
PG Underrated: Andre Miller

SG Overrated: Ray Allen
SG Underrated: Brandon Roy

SF Overrated: Paul Pierce
SF Underrated: Andre Iguodala

PF Overrated: Amare Stoudamire
PF Underrated: Al Jefferson

C Overrated: Andrew Bynum
C Underrated: Marcus Camby

RyderRyfle
07-13-2009, 09:02 AM

I agree with you 1,000,000,000%

Iron24th
07-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Overrated : Paul Pierce

Underrated : Lamarcus Aldridge

Unruly Fan
07-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Underrated - Manu Ginobili

mikantsass
07-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Over-rated= Dwight and Pau

Under-rated= Devin Harris and John Salmons

a-rod 4 prez
07-13-2009, 09:23 AM
over rated: lebron james (he got dunked on and was crying about it)
under rated: stephon marbury (one of the top 10 assists players ever)

fredv
07-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Under rated: Luis Scola, Jarret Jack, Al Jefferson, Rudy Fernandez
Over rated: All the Lakers, even Kobe (just a little bit though)

jc4life
07-13-2009, 09:28 AM
overrated- manu ginobli, mo williams,rondo
underrated- Deron Williams, Devin Harris, Rudy Gay, maybe vince carter, antawn jamison

drama1386
07-13-2009, 09:37 AM
overrated: andrew bynum, charlie villanueva, mo williams

Ace33Bone
07-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Overrated- Bynum, Varejo, Chandler, Bowen, Bosh, D. Wade

Under rated- Joe Johnson (the most under rated), P. Gasol, Prince, T. Parker, Josh Smith, Monte Ellis

JDMac80
07-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Underrated: Devin Harris, Derek Fisher, Luis Scola, Tayshaun Prince
Overrated: T-Mac, Vince Carter, Bynum, Varejao, Gilbert Arenas' effort to get back on the court

Players that would be elite superstars (Kobe, Wade, Garnett stratosphere) if they played in bigger cities/better teams: Kevin Durant, Brandon Roy, Al Jefferson, Kevin Martin, Danny Granger

VIP1349
07-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Underrated: Chauncey Billups, Joe Johnson & Andris Biedrins
Overrated: Chris Paul & Baron Davis

Unruly Fan
07-13-2009, 10:00 AM
overrated- manu ginobli, mo williams,rondo
underrated- Deron Williams, Devin Harris, Rudy Gay, maybe vince carter, antawn jamison
Are you high? Please explain...

blujaysrock
07-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Overrated - Baron Davis
Underrated - Andris Biedrins

Reddd
07-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Overrated:Mo Williams, Varejao
Underrated:Michael Redd, Gerald Wallace, D-Will, Antawn Jamison

MiamiHeat
07-13-2009, 10:08 AM

Under rated- Joe Johnson (the most under rated), P. Gasol, Prince, T. Parker, Josh Smith, Monte Ellis

you know I had to come here and ask why? :eyebrow:

Unruly Fan
07-13-2009, 10:13 AM
you know I had to come here and ask why? :eyebrow:Him saying Tony Parker is underrated already makes his whole post irrelevant imo.

asandhu23
07-13-2009, 10:21 AM

baron davis overrated? as a warriors fan i call this bull... he was the catalyst for w's. when he left, we dropped off the news

Ace33Bone
07-13-2009, 10:21 AM
you know I had to come here and ask why? :eyebrow:

The only reason that I say he is over rated is because I feel people give him too much credit... I have read plenty of post where people say he is better than both Kobe and LeBron and I do not even feel that is debateable.

Him saying Tony Parker is underrated already makes his whole post irrelevant imo.

Do u even watch basketball? Tony Parker went to work this year and I am not even a fan of his and people are still saying that he is not a top 5 point guard in the league :shush:

MiamiHeat
07-13-2009, 10:24 AM
The only reason that I say he is over rated is because I feel people give him too much credit... I have read plenty of post where people say he is better than both Kobe and LeBron and I do not even feel that is debateable.

:speechless:

wow............................................... ..................

then Lebron should be in your number 1 in your overrated list if you are rating it by how much credit they get

Unruly Fan
07-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Do u even watch basketball? Tony Parker went to work this year and I am not even a fan of his and people are still saying that he is not a top 5 point guard in the league :shush:He's arguably ranked at least 4th if not the 3rd best PG in the league right now. That to me is no where near to being underrated at allll. Same goes for DWill.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Underrated: Al Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Danny Granger, Deron Williams
Overrated: Andrew Bynum, Rajon Rondo, Amare Stoudemire, Hedo Turkoglu

Ill21
07-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Over rated-Rajon Rondo, Andruw Bynum, Chris Bosh

Under-Rated-David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari

masalex1205
07-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Overrated: Bynum, Ben Gordon, Amare stoudemire

underrated: Gerald Wallace, Brandon Roy, OJ Mayo

Unruly Fan
07-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Over rated-Rajon Rondo, Andruw Bynum, Chris Bosh

Under-Rated-David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari
Yo don't forget Nate Robinson, Chris Duhon and Quinton Richardson!

daleja424
07-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Overrated: Michael Redd (He is pretty inefficient as a shooter consideriong how people generally consider him to be an excellent one)

Underrated:Ben Gordon and Jamal Crawford (Maybe I just think that b/c they always seem to torch Miami...)

naztrack
07-13-2009, 11:36 AM
over rated: dwight howard (no post moves) joe johnson (sub par shooter)

under rated: josh smith, brandon roy, andre miller

cowboyz180
07-13-2009, 11:36 AM
under rated- Al Jefferson
Over rated- Andrew Bynum

daleja424
07-13-2009, 11:37 AM
over rated: dwight howard (no post moves) joe johnson (sub par shooter)

under rated: josh smith, brandon roy, andre miller

odd... b/c I think he is overrated. He might be the worst shooter in teh history of teh nba. It seems kind of crazy to overrate howard bc all he does is dunk, rebound, and block shots when Smith does the exact same thing...just not as well

blastmasta26
07-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Overrated: Paul Pierce
Underrated: Danny Granger, Kevin Durant

blastmasta26
07-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Q's gone now, so obviously he's overrated. :)

CaptainBolduke
07-13-2009, 11:47 AM

But still won a championship... go figure.

DaBUU
07-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Andrew Bynum is the most overrated player in the entire NBA. We have Lakers fans claiming he's the top center in the West on another thread when he's clearly a barely even average starter. :rolleyes:

I'll see your Andrew Bynum and raise you one Loul Deng!

JDMac80
07-13-2009, 11:53 AM

If I'm a GM, I'm making a push for Wade next summer, not LeBron. He is a winner and has the killer instinct to close out a game, series, and a season. He has durability issues but they seem to be fine right now. Its Kobe, LeBron, and D-Wade. The rest of the league is a step below. You can not be overrated if you are top 3, unless you are being compared to all-timers and you have yet to do anything...LeBron.

SB75
07-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Over rated: Andrew Bynum
Under rated: Josh Smith
Brandon Roy

DaBUU
07-13-2009, 11:57 AM
If I'm a GM, I'm making a push for Wade next summer, not LeBron. He is a winner and has the killer instinct to close out a game, series, and a season. He has durability issues but they seem to be fine right now. Its Kobe, LeBron, and D-Wade. The rest of the league is a step below. You can not be overrated if you are top 3, unless you are being compared to all-timers and you have yet to do anything...LeBron.

Agreed, Wade is at least top 3 and arguably the best player in the NBA (next to Kobe) and has already won a ring, unlike the big sissy in Cleveland. But no need for any other GMs to pursure DWade, if he leaves El Heat he's coming home. All ChiTown backcourt in '10.

JDMac80
07-13-2009, 12:00 PM

And Jordan Hill. He isn't getting the respect he deserves as the best power forward in the NBA. :rolleyes:

What would a good list be without the cheezeball comments of a homer.:mad:

blastmasta26
07-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Agreed, Wade is at least top 3 and arguably the best player in the NBA (next to Kobe) and has already won a ring, unlike the big sissy in Cleveland. But no need for any other GMs to pursure DWade, if he leaves El Heat he's coming home. All ChiTown backcourt in '10.
D-Wade in Chicago would be dominant next to Rose. But it's not a championship team unless you guys get a post presence.

DaBUU
07-13-2009, 12:03 PM
D-Wade in Chicago would be dominant next to Rose. But it's not a championship team unless you guys get a post presence.

You dont consider Aaron Gray a beast down low? just messin yeah that would need to still be addressed, but D-WadeRose will be a nice start.

vash9
07-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Overrated: ANDREW GOD DAMN BYNUM. Ray Allen. Paul Pierce. Steve Nash.

Underrated: Kevin Martin, Kevin Durant, Devin Harris, Danny Granger.

tland22
07-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Overrated

Underrated

What do you think?

:confused::speechless:
D-Will is the best offensive point guard in the LEAGUE????????????WHAT!?

D-Will the last two years: (two years ago) 18.8 ppg, 10.5 assist, FT% 80.3, FG% 50.7, 3pt% 39.5, 3.4 Turnover's per game.
(last year) 19.4ppg, 10.7 assist, FT%84.9, FG%47.1, 3pt% 31.0, 3.35 Turnover's per game.

Chris Paul the last two years: (two years ago) 21.1ppg, 11.6 assist, FT%85.1, FG%48.8, 3pt%36.9, 2.51 Turnover's per game.
(last year) 22.8ppg, 11.0 assist, FT%86.8, FG% 50.3, 3pt%36.4, 2.96 Turnovers per game.

now, you tell me who the best offensive point guard in the league is?!? Its Chris Paul in every single category. Every single one. All of them. He is also the best defensively...or one of THE best.

miami2orlando
07-13-2009, 12:18 PM
lebron james is the most overrated player in tha game by far yes he is talented but his 6 years in the league he has showed when it comes to playn with the big boyz (spurs,magic,celtics) he dosent have wat it takes the media put so much bull into his and fans heads howz hes the next jordan my azz

underrated kevin martin

RaiderLakersA's
07-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Overrated -- Coach Nelson. Sorry, but the Warriors should be better off under a "HOF" caliber coach than they are.

If this is for players only, then I have to put Shaq circa 2009/2010. That some people think adding him to LeBron makes the Cavs an automatic Finals team is beyond belief.

Underrated -- Hard hat guys. The player on every team that does the dirty work, but doesn't get nearly the credit...like a Biedrens.

29$JerZ
07-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Underrated - Emeka Oakafor, Gerald Wallace
Overrated - Andrew Bynum

Bashna
07-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Wow....So many of these are Homer picks. Steve nash overrated?!?!? D-wade overrated?!?!?!!?

Overrated : Andrew Bynum, Mo williams, Jason Terry.

Underrated : Kevin durant, Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion.

what54!?
07-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Wow....So many of these are Homer picks. Steve nash overrated?!?!? D-wade overrated?!?!?!!?

Overrated : Andrew Bynum, Mo williams, Jason Terry.

Underrated : Kevin durant, Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion.:eyebrow:

anyways:

overrated: bynum, nash

underrated: durant, williams,tony parker

jc4life
07-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Are you high? Please explain...

imo hes a good player but not as great as people say he is, if you put him on team where hes the best player they most likely won't make the playoffs.
hes just a sixth man not a star

philab
07-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Overrated -- Coach Nelson. Sorry, but the Warriors should be better off under a "HOF" caliber coach than they are.

If this is for players only, then I have to put Shaq circa 2009/2010. That some people think adding him to LeBron makes the Cavs an automatic Finals team is beyond belief.

Underrated -- Hard hat guys. The player on every team that does the dirty work, but doesn't get nearly the credit...like a Biedrens.

I swear some of you guys just make this **** up so that your post sounds nice.

Who is saying that Shaq makes the Cavaliers an automatic Finals team? Everything I read is about how the Cavs are the third best team in the East and don't stand a chance against Orlando still. There's only like five Cavs fans on here and maybe two act like the Cavs to the Finals is more likely than not (i.e., being homers to a degree) -- so who are these "people" you refer to?

JR8536
07-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Bynum- overrated!!!
Kevin Martin- underrated..

NYtilIdie
07-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Underrated: Wilson Chandler
Overrated: Andrew Bynum

CityofTreez
07-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Underrated: kevin Martin/Wilson Chandler/Mickel Pietrus

Overrated: Gred Oden/Andrew Bynum/Tracy McGrady

Hellcrooner
07-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Overated. East

Wilson Chandler,D Lee ,Paul Pierce,Rondo. Brand,D Harris.
Deng,Iverson,Lebron(as in too many hype for what done yet)-
J,Smith, Arenas,Dwight.

Doc Rivers, Larry Brown.

Underated east.

Bargnani, Gallinari, Igoudala, Powe, Lopez.
Salmons, kwame(im serious),C Bell, Granger, Dunleavy.
Felton, Okafor, Butler.

Over Rated West.

Bynum, Gordon, Stoudamire, Ellis.
Dirk,t-mac,brooks, Gay,D West.
Oden,Bayless, Boozer,A Jefferson.

Underated West.

Gasol,Kaman,K Martin, Biedrins.
Bowen,Manu, batiter,M Gasol, Conley.
Rudy Fernandez, Outlow, J Green, Cj Miles, Billups, nene

JayW_1023
07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
I love David Lee but he is vastly overrated. Good hustler and rebounder, but he really is a role player whose stats got inflated by D'Antoni's system. It's a myth that Knicks fans present him as some kind of all-star big man.

I love Derrick Rose as well...believe me he'll be a superstar one day...emphasis on 'one day'. But people are acting as if he is already a superstar. Bulls fans will have to wait another 2 years before Rose is mature enough to be an elite player. It's a matter of time though.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Overated. East

J,Smith, Arenas,Dwight.

Doc Rivers, Larry Brown.

Underated east.

Felton, Okafor, Butler.

Over Rated West.

Underated West.

Al Jefferson is overrated? He hasn't even made an all star game yet, and goes for 23-11. But I agree with most of the rest, except P Gasol, he is rated right where he should be usually. Second tier PF.

Mr.Nate30
07-13-2009, 01:38 PM
overrated:jason kidd and steve nash

underated:roger mason jr. and rudy gay

MAC10TIZZY
07-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Is this sarcasm or something?

i know right? is this a form of hating?

Unruly Fan
07-13-2009, 01:56 PM
imo hes a good player but not as great as people say he is, if you put him on team where hes the best player they most likely won't make the playoffs.
hes just a sixth man not a starI still say Ginobili doesn't get the cred he deserves. He is a major reason why Spurs have always advanced past the first round of the post season with the exception of last year when was injured. He even led his team to a gold medal in 2004. I truely believe that Ginobili is one of the best international players in the NBA.

MAC10TIZZY
07-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Over-rated= Dwight and Pau

Under-rated= Devin Harris and John Salmons

dwight and pau are the best in the league at their postitions .....anybody who knows basketball knows that

MAC10TIZZY
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
And Jordan Hill. He isn't getting the respect he deserves as the best power forward in the NBA. :rolleyes:

What would a good list be without the cheezeball comments of a homer.:mad:

who the f### is jordan hill

DerekRE_3
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Call me a homer but pretty much every starter on the Bobcats is underrated, except Raja Bell. It's mostly because nobody ever sees the Bobcats play.

Also another guy that continues to be underrated is John Salmons.

Suns113
07-13-2009, 02:08 PM
i dont understand how everyone is saying nash is overrated. i mean hes still top 3 PG at running a team

arthurlaker13
07-13-2009, 02:09 PM

stop crying you weak celtic fan and save ur tears up for this season when artest really makes paul (crybaby) pierce injured! haha weak sauce couldnt even beat the magic..

arthurlaker13
07-13-2009, 02:10 PM
dwight and pau are the best in the league at their postitions .....anybody who knows basketball knows that

pau is very underated i guess u watch wnba.

arthurlaker13
07-13-2009, 02:13 PM

all the lakers but they just won an nba championship. dang ur lame

Raoul Duke
07-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Overrated: Gilbert Arenas. He hasn't played any meaningful minutes in two years, and people still list him as a top 5 guard in the NBA. What a terrible value this guy is.

Underrated: David West. One of the most consistent big men in the league when it comes to scoring. He only had 1 game last season where he didn't score in double figures, and I think he played less than 20 minutes in that game.

jim51990
overrated -- bynum, derrick rose (he will be a greta player but hes not there yet)
underrated d-will (he is just as good as cp3), danny granger

JayW_1023
I still say Ginobili doesn't get the cred he deserves. He is a major reason why Spurs have always advanced past the first round of the post season with the exception of last year when was injured. He even led his team to a gold medal in 2004. I truely believe that Ginobili is one of the best international players in the NBA.

Well said...I always thought that Manu in his prime years was the most complete SG after Kobe Bryant this decade. Of course I said it many times...many people don't like Manu, but you gotta respect him.

No other guard could shoot, pass, finish, defend, be clutch and play with the same flair and explosivenes. Manu's creativity has made him my favorite player the past ten years, how he is able to singlehandedly create something out of nothing.

A prime Manu would've been 25 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals type of player would he be in a similair situation as T-Mac in his Orlando years. But he always accepted a lesser role on the Spurs, and that kept him from being the stat stuffer that a Kobe, T-mac, Wade, Allen or Carter has been year in year out.

arthurlaker13
07-13-2009, 02:19 PM
overated- Lebron James
underated-Deron Williams

Quello scelto
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Underrated : Tayshuan Prince

Overrated : Andrew Bynum

D-Will4Prez
07-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Overrated: Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Delonte West, Allen Iverson (now), Ron Artest, Chris Paul (a little bit)

Underrated: Deron Williams, Danny Granger, Rashard Lewis, CJ Miles, Gerald Wallace

Sure Chris Paul is a great point guard and he can score but as far as being the leader in your team Deron Williams is 10x better. And for all you you whiners saying that Chris Paul is better because his stats are %0.2 better, Deron has outplayed Chris Paul in all of the games they played against New Orleans. I'm not hating by the way, Chris Paul is a great player.

thephoenixson28
07-13-2009, 02:36 PM

A lineup of
Pg. Nash
Sg. Allen
Sf. Pierce
Pf. Amare
C. Bynum

Would win a championship before
A lineup of
Pg. Miller
Sg. Roy
Sf. Andre
Pf. Jefferson
C. Camby

Suns113
07-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Overrated: Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Delonte West, Allen Iverson, Ron Artest, Tim Duncan, Chris Paul (a little bit)

Underrated: Deron Williams, Danny Granger, Rashard Lewis, CJ Miles, Gerald Wallace

Sure Chris Paul is a great point guard and he can score but as far as being the leader in your team Deron Williams is 10x better. And for all you you whiners saying that Chris Paul is better because his stats are %0.2 better, Deron has outplayed Chris Paul in all of the games they played against New Orleans. I'm not hating by the way, Chris Paul is a great player.

wow....Tim duncan one of the greatest PF of all time overrated.AI the greatest small scorer in NBA history and steve nash CP3 and J kidd..... woww...

I agree with your underrated choices though

Carey
07-13-2009, 02:41 PM
PG Overrated: Rajon Rondo
PG Underrated: Raymond Felton

SG Overrated: Leandro Barbosa
SG Underrated: JR Smith

SF Overrated: Gerald Wallace
SF Underrated: Steven Jackson

PF Underrated: Jeff Green

C Overrated: Chris Kaman
C Underrated: Andres Biedrins

SunsBearsfan
07-13-2009, 02:56 PM
overrated- pau gasol, bynum, and ginobli
underrated- salmons

* don't know why steve nash is getting bashed so much, he's a team player unlike kobe.

J_M_B
07-13-2009, 03:13 PM

Underrated: Deron Williams- hard to imagine that this guy still hasn't made an All Star game

jsumadchat
07-13-2009, 03:19 PM
overrated : Andrew Bynum
underrated : ANDREA BARGNANI

Chronz
07-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Overrated: Andrea Bargnani

Underrated: Andrew Bynum

tland22
07-13-2009, 04:00 PM
all these people saying d-will underrated are just homers and probably mentally challenged. He is highly regarded in the NBA fyi. There are tons of jazz fans everywhere on this forum all the time trying to brainwash everyone else on the forum that D will is better than cp3. he isnt even as good. He is a tiny notch below chris paul in every single category. Every single one. And he plays on a team with MUCH better players than Chris Paul does. yet Paul has much better stats in every which way. And dont give me the "he is a better leader" crap. Everyone with a brain knows that is total BULLSHT And anybody saying LeBron, Chris Paul, and Kobe is over rated are DEFINITELY mentally challenged.

Stunner
07-13-2009, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=JayW_1023;10126644]I love David Lee but he is vastly overrated. Good hustler and rebounder, but he really is a role player whose stats got inflated by D'Antoni's system. It's a myth that Knicks fans present him as some kind of all-star big man.

I love Derrick Rose as well...believe me he'll be a superstar one day...emphasis on 'one day'. But people are acting as if he is already a superstar. Bulls fans will have to wait another 2 years before Rose is mature enough to be an elite player. It's a matter of time though.[/QUOTE/]

Hope your not saying D-Rose is Overrated cause he's not cause just a matter of time before people really see what he can do. Cause during the season he didnt get that much tv time over da world and plus he was on da bulls wait next season he's gonna be on tv all da time and a allstar mark it down.

cmellofan15
07-13-2009, 04:19 PM
underrated: Russell Westbrook / Jameer Nelson
overrated: Deron Williams / Mo Williams

underrated: JR Smith / Nick Young
overrated: Ray Allen / Tracy McGrady

underrated: Gerald Wallace / Caron Butler
overrated: Paul Pierce / Hedo Turkoglu (after the Playoffs it got out of hand)

underrated: Dirk Nowitzki / Nene
overrated: Amare Stoudamire / Elton Brand

underrated: Andres Biedrins / Brook Lopez
overrated: Andrew Bynum / Jermaine O'Neal

Stunner
07-13-2009, 04:20 PM
:mad:RONDO IS DA MOST OVERRATED PG EVER DID ALL OF DAT STUFF IN DA PLAYOFFS CAUSE THERE WAS NO KG. WITH 3 ALLSTARS MAKE IT 4 NOW WITH SHEED ON DA TEAM. NEXT THING U KNOW HE'S UP FOR MVP.:mad:

spurs4#5
07-13-2009, 04:21 PM
d-will4prez please go hang yourself for saying the best pf of all time is overrated!

Vidball
07-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Based on these responses here on PSD, I think Bynum is one of the most underrated players in the NBA. He put up 14 and 8 in only 28mpg (as a 3rd, 4th, or 5th option depending on the game) and anchored the D on a championship team--he also fought through the playoffs without being 100% physically and he still got the job done defensively. He also was 7th in the league in FG% and 10th in BPG. He was also a top 25 player in PER last season. I know he's the guy everybody on this site wants to label as overrated, but if 60% of people consider him overrated then he's obviously NOT overrated.

Anyways, Overrated: Sheed. He shot a worse FG% than any big in the league--worse than any PF or C. He's also lost a step defensively. He won't do much for BOS next season--they better retain Davis.

dre1990
07-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Under Rated Andris Biedrins, Gerald Wallace, Carlos Boozer, Dre Miller
OVER RaTeD Amare Stoudamire

tland22
07-13-2009, 04:25 PM
^^^^ lol thank you, i agree with you Spurs4#5.

thephoenixson28
07-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Everyone that's saying amare is overrated I bet you would like him on your team

Teeboy1487
07-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Underrated: Delonte West, Stephen Jackson, sometimes Carmelo Anthony
Overrated: Rondo, Mo Williams, Greg Oden

Chronz
07-13-2009, 04:40 PM
I really wish people would stop saying so and sos stats are inflated. Lee has always been good, whats so different about him?

dre1990
07-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Everyone that's saying amare is overrated I bet you would like him on your team

I wouldnt

ascud2107
07-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Andre Iguodala is very underrated, and he is a great defender. Mo Williams proved to be very overrated this year, but on any other team then the Cavs he would probably be underrated.

SensandRaps
07-13-2009, 04:48 PM
im not going to use star players here goes
underrated: anthony parker, rudy fernandez and Marcin Gortat
overrated: Big Z, Rajon Rondo, Lamar Odom

ctitus45
07-13-2009, 04:55 PM

Dwight Howard is overrated to a degree. I agree with you somewhat on that.

Tim Duncan is underappreciated not underrated though.

Overrated: Vince Carter

Underrated: Jose Calderon

Bashna
07-13-2009, 04:59 PM
I love how many homer picks there are in here...

Amare may be a little overrated, however, tons of Teams are clearing cap space to add a player JUST like him in 2010 to compliment/Carry a super-star duo.

Drewlius
07-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Overrated -
Bynum, Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Jason Kidd, Carmelo Anthony

Underrated -
Aaron Brooks, Manu, Tony Parker, Al Horford, Stephen Jackson

jc4life
07-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I still say Ginobili doesn't get the cred he deserves. He is a major reason why Spurs have always advanced past the first round of the post season with the exception of last year when was injured. He even led his team to a gold medal in 2004. I truely believe that Ginobili is one of the best international players in the NBA.

He is one of the best international players in the league

stealth33
07-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Overrated: Bynum, Rondo, David Lee, Ben Gordon, Paul Pierce, Devin Harris

Underrated: Durant(he is recognized but this guy is going to be truly special), Al Jefferson, Danny Granger

These guys all get recognition but on better teams these are legitimate superstars that currently get penalized because they aren't on winning teams.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Underrated: Caron Butler

Lakerfan In NY
07-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Overrated: A Jamison, V Carter, P Pierce, R Wallace
Underrated: K Durant, A Bynum, R Rando, Lakers Championship squad. Which is funny to me.

LA_Raiders
07-13-2009, 05:24 PM
PG Overrated: Steve Nash / Rondo

SG Underrated: Brandon Roy / K Mart

SF Overrated: Paul Pierce / Hedo
SF Underrated: Andre Iguodala / Buttler / Prince

PF Underrated: Al Jefferson / Gasol

C Overrated: Andrew Bynum / Old Shaq
C Underrated: Kaman / NENE

CaesarTheParrot
07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
over rated: lebron james (he got dunked on and was crying about it)
under rated: stephon marbury (one of the top 10 assists players ever)

wow are you ********? since when did he cry about it? It wasn't even his choice. And you saying stephon marbury is under rated shows your true knowledge of the sport.

CaesarTheParrot
07-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Under-rated: Andre Iguodala, Raymond Felton
Over-rated: Vince Carter, Andrew Bynum

stawka
07-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Overrated: A Jamison, V Carter, P Pierce, R Wallace
Underrated: K Durant, A Bynum, R Rando, Lakers Championship squad. Which is funny to me.

Overrated Paul Pierce? But Bynum is underrated?

AHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

Now for a more serious response please.

AntwanN21
07-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Overrated: Andre Bynum,Greg Oden(still has alot of potential though)
Underrated" Thadeus Young,Rudy Gay

cr00zi3
07-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Under rated- Joakim Noah (He was showing some promise at the end of the season.

Over rated- Kobe Bryant (Even though i like him he is the only player that everyone seems to love)

Fmartinez86
07-13-2009, 06:08 PM
overrated - shaq, yao ming, chris kaman, carmelo, t-whack

underrated - al jefferson, deron williams, jeff green, tayshaun prince, shannon brown

Vinny642
07-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Overrated: Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Delonte West, Allen Iverson, Ron Artest, Tim Duncan, Chris Paul (a little bit)

Thats where Jazz fans that don't know **** are wrong. DWill doesnt outplay Paul its all the others on the team. Last year they played even in their games, thats something Jazz fans fail to realize. Also DWill is a better leader?? What the hell, NO. DWill hasnt done nothing CP didnt.

Lakerfan In NY
07-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Overrated Paul Pierce? But Bynum is underrated?

AHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

Now for a more serious response please.

YEAH OVERRATED....

he claimed to be the "best player in the NBA" but he's not even the best player on his own team. You give him all this credit for being a second fiddle on his OWN team. With a healthy KG & hurt Pierce, C's do better than a healthy pierce & hurt KG.

Bynum is underrated b/c everyone keeps talking about his play AFTER his injuries, what about before them. You judge this kid, while he's playing at 75-85%, but where was the "he's overrrated" when he was at 100% & was solid.
At least judge him when he is at FULL strength.

better response for you?

daleja424
07-14-2009, 09:11 AM
YEAH OVERRATED....

he claimed to be the "best player in the NBA" but he's not even the best player on his own team. You give him all this credit for being a second fiddle on his OWN team. With a healthy KG & hurt Pierce, C's do better than a healthy pierce & hurt KG.

Bynum is underrated b/c everyone keeps talking about his play AFTER his injuries, what about before them. You judge this kid, while he's playing at 75-85%, but where was the "he's overrrated" when he was at 100% & was solid.

better response for you?

Paul Pierec IS the best player on his team. That dude is CLUTCH as hellz. There is no way he is overrated. I think most people consider him to be top 10...which he is. Does he overrate himself? maybe... but that doesnt make him overrated. Every nba player thinks they are the best... it comes with the territory

jsumadchat
Overrated: Andrea Bargnani

Underrated: Andrew Bynum

how could bargnani be overrated with NO buzz or talk about him..... laker fan much?

Sportfan

Lmao pierce and allen are not overrated at all. Amare isnt either

granger is God but people fail to realize that

Sportfan
07-14-2009, 09:12 AM
overrated - shaq, yao ming, chris kaman, carmelo, t-whack

underrated - al jefferson, deron williams, jeff green, tayshaun prince, shannon brown

shannon brown?

daleja424
07-14-2009, 09:13 AM
shannon brown?

hahaha... I didnt even know he was rated at all!

dee279
07-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Underrated - Kevin Martin and Emeka Okafor

Overrated - Everyone on the Cavs roster except Mo and James.

Uhh well before he went to the Cavs, he was underrated. Now, he is overrated. HIm actually making the all star team last year proves that notion.

dee279
07-14-2009, 09:35 AM
hes just a sixth man not a star

He could be a star very Easily. If they were both the same age, and both had the same health, i would pick Manu over Parker.

dee279
07-14-2009, 09:41 AM
He is one of the best international players in the league

He is the best international guard. I would say Dirk is better and Gasol might be but im not too sure on that one. Manu Ginobili does things with the ball, i just never seen done. He slashes to the goal, and gets the ball in the hoop taking some of the hardest angles in Basketball. IF you can do that on a consistent basis( Dwyane Wade, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant) you are a great player. THat is definantly what GInobili does and if he wasnt taking the lesser role with the SPurs, Ginobili would be a star in this league. He really does it all.

S-Dot
07-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Overrated

Underrated

What do you think?

I think Nash deserved both those MVP awards

Overrated: Carlos Boozer

Underrated: Chauncey Billups

dee279
07-14-2009, 09:46 AM
A lineup of
Pg. Nash
Sg. Allen
Sf. Pierce
Pf. Amare
C. Bynum

Would win a championship before
A lineup of
Pg. Miller
Sg. Roy
Sf. Andre
Pf. Jefferson
C. Camby

Nash>Miller
Allen<Roy
PIerce>Iggy
Amare<Jefferson
Bynum<CAmby

Well i think Nash would be the deciding factor on team 1. Steve Nash is definantly better then Andre Miller but Andre plays defense actually. So does Roy, so does Iggy, so does Jefferson, and so does CAmby. The only players that plays defense on team 1 is Pierce, and Bynum who would probably get hurt during the game. I could see team 2 winning the Championship with all around game play and if they can hit 3s. Definantly not a good 3 point shooting team. Great fast break and defensive team though.

dee279
07-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Under rated- Joakim Noah (He was showing some promise at the end of the season.

Over rated- Kobe Bryant (Even though i like him he is the only player that everyone seems to love)

Kobe Bryant is only overrated when people says he is Equivalent or Better then Micheal Jordan. But other then that, Kobe is not overrated.

dee279
07-14-2009, 10:02 AM
hahaha... I didnt even know he was rated at all!

LOl, IM not a fan for sure. THe doode barely gets minutes. I guess if they lose Lamar we will see how underrated he is. Well, we will see what his rating is. RIght now, i would say it is come out and play since we are winning the game by 20 with 10 seconds left bench guy.

dee279
07-14-2009, 10:05 AM
I think Nash deserved both those MVP awards

Overrated: Carlos Boozer

Underrated: Chauncey Billups

Umm..... NO! I wouldnt say hes overrated though, but definantly not deserving of 2 consecutive MVP awards. SMH. Hell NO!

SlaterRaps
07-14-2009, 10:16 AM

Tim Duncan is not under-rated everyone just hates watching him play

dee279
07-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Underrated: Devin Harris, Derek Fisher, Luis Scola, Tayshaun Prince
Overrated: T-Mac, Vince Carter, Bynum, Varejao, Gilbert Arenas' effort to get back on the court

Players that would be elite superstars (Kobe, Wade, Garnett stratosphere) if they played in bigger cities/better teams: Kevin Durant, Brandon Roy, Al Jefferson, Kevin Martin, Danny Granger

He is a superstar already. THose who dont see it must be blind. Durant is very Underrated.

JDMac80
07-14-2009, 10:27 AM
who the f### is jordan hill

I was mocking the Knicks homers ruining the thread. He is their top draft pick.

S-Dot
07-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Umm..... NO! I wouldnt say hes overrated though, but definantly not deserving of 2 consecutive MVP awards. SMH. Hell NO!

Who deserved it over him those years? He changed that franchise in 2005, and when Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardson were traded along with amare's injury in 2006 he still carried him to the conference finals. No doubt he deserved them.

Duncan = Donkey
07-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Nash>Miller
Allen<Roy
PIerce>Iggy
Amare<Jefferson
Bynum<CAmby

Well i think Nash would be the deciding factor on team 1. Steve Nash is definantly better then Andre Miller but Andre plays defense actually. So does Roy, so does Iggy, so does Jefferson, and so does CAmby. The only players that plays defense on team 1 is Pierce, and Bynum who would probably get hurt during the game. I could see team 2 winning the Championship with all around game play and if they can hit 3s. Definantly not a good 3 point shooting team. Great fast break and defensive team though.

al jeff plays D?

JDMac80
07-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Overated. East

J,Smith, Arenas,Dwight.

Doc Rivers, Larry Brown.

Underated east.

Felton, Okafor, Butler.

Over Rated West.

Underated West.

I disagree with pretty much everything on your list, particularly those in bold. Chandler, Gordon, and Bayless haven't been around long enough to be rated, nonetheless overrated. You can't underrate someone who has only played 28 games so you are wrong on Gallinari. Kwame is trash. If he were drafted 45th instead of a #1 draft bust you wouldn't know his name. Charlie bell, what was he a successful late season pickup on your fantasy team and now you thing he deserves respect? Harris and Ellis are legitimate stars so you're wrong on them. Rudy Gay is a solid talent growing on a ****** team. Nobody has rolled out the red carpet for him so he is rated where he should be. And Boozer is the only thing the NBA has that resembles a prototypical PF. Playing for Utah isn't the only thing he has in common with Karl Malone.

You are just flat out wrong

D-Will4Prez
07-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I agree 100% JDMac80. ^^
Anyone who says Carlos Boozer is overrated is full of it. When you put him up next to Tim Duncan and KG, he's probably the most true PF as there is in this game. Duncan plays like a center and KG is just all over, not true PFs IMO. Carlos Boozer an amazing player just a little injury prone >.>

AirJordanXVIII
07-14-2009, 01:25 PM
I disagree with pretty much everything on your list, particularly those in bold. Chandler, Gordon, and Bayless haven't been around long enough to be rated, nonetheless overrated. You can't underrate someone who has only played 28 games so you are wrong on Gallinari. Kwame is trash. If he were drafted 45th instead of a #1 draft bust you wouldn't know his name. Charlie bell, what was he a successful late season pickup on your fantasy team and now you thing he deserves respect? Harris and Ellis are legitimate stars so you're wrong on them. Rudy Gay is a solid talent growing on a ****** team. Nobody has rolled out the red carpet for him so he is rated where he should be. And Boozer is the only thing the NBA has that resembles a prototypical PF. Playing for Utah isn't the only thing he has in common with Karl Malone.

You are just flat out wrong

How did you not bold Brand. Him being overrated is absolutely ridiculous. He suffered a freak injury and all of a sudden hes overrated because he didnt put up 20-10 prior to that..

chin chukwu
07-14-2009, 01:42 PM

you think chris paul is overrated?!!!

xBLAMEITON24x
07-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Underated: Billups
Overated: Pierce

AirJordanXVIII
07-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Chris Paul is not overrated.

chin chukwu
07-14-2009, 01:51 PM
the most overrated player of all time: karl malone
the most underrated player of all time: charles barkley

j-mart
07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Overated: Tracy McGrady
Underated: Steve Nash

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-14-2009, 02:02 PM
stEve nash is not overated at all.

Overated: bynum rondo

Underated joe johnson rudy gay kevin mArtin

you hit it on the head except steve nash is over rated.

TopsyTurvy
07-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Just three men in the NBA have been underrated and they are Earl Lloyd, Chuck Cooper, and Nat Clifton. If you find yourself saying "who?", then you didn't know they were the first black men to play in an NBA game, to be drafted by an NBA team, and to sign an NBA contract respectively in 1950)

tland22
07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Chris Paul is not overrated.

exactly...that should be a CRIME to say that he is. Mostly Jazz fans you will find think he is over rated. They are delusional though.

tland22
07-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Overated: Tracy McGrady
Underated: Steve Nash

how is TMAC over rated? he gets NOTHING but bashed all year long. Amd when he is playing healthy he is a monster. The only people who dont know that are people who just started watching the NBA in the last 3 years.

MSG34
07-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Overrated: Lebron James, Jason Kidd, Paul Pierce, Mo Williams, Shaq

Underrated: Caron Butler, Carmelo Anthony, Granger, Devin Harris

Pa1nl3ss
07-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Overrated: Melo, Bynum
Underrated: Kleiza

UltimateMVP22
07-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Overrated
Bynum

Underrated
Durant, Kevin Martin, Danny Granger(small market superstars)

MagicAllDay
07-14-2009, 05:30 PM
under rated - al jefferson, joe johnson, gerald wallace

over rated - hedo turkoglu, andrew bynum, shawn marion

stawka
07-14-2009, 05:55 PM
YEAH OVERRATED....

better response for you?

Pierce overrated himself by saying he's the best player in the world. That doesn't mean he's overrated by the rest of the world.

Don't gimme that BS that Bynum the bum is underrated. He's a decent starter and will be about as good as Gortat this year (if he goes elsewhere). He is far from "the next great Laker big man" and will never be.

MSU Spartans313
07-14-2009, 06:18 PM
All I need to say is

Underated Gerald Wallace. He gets no respect whatsoever.

Reversed86Curse
07-14-2009, 06:36 PM
YEAH OVERRATED....

better response for you?

He's never been at full strength, that's the problem. For all the people that think that 'Bynum is the best center blah blah blah', for all you know he's going to get hurt a month in AGAIN.... he may never play up to what his potential could have been

TH38L4CKM4M84
07-14-2009, 07:09 PM
underrated: Al Jefferson, John Salmons, Shane Battier, Mikael Pietrus

overrated: Dwight Howard, Paul Pierce, Hedo Turkoglu, Carlos Boozer, Andersen Varejao, Micahel Redd

raiderlover510
07-14-2009, 08:16 PM

explain to me how a a career average of 19.5 ppg and 10 assists and 2.5 steals per game is overrated?

and i guy who averaged 22.8 ppg and 11 assists and 3 steals last season is overrated?

and he doesn't have any other superstar on his team(he has an all-star in west)

if he can get another all star on his team he can be on of the all time leading passer in nba history when his career is over

and he is well on his way to have the most steals when his career is over

clearly you have no idea what your talking bout

most overrated player: Lebron james before you start comparing him to mj and kobe remember that mj and kobe were triple threat scorers and that they were also shooters lebron only uses his size when he hits his 30s and his body starts to slow down he cant drive it in on every play

most underrated player: kevin durant he will be in the conversations of the kobes wades and lebrons after this upcomin season i guarantee it

Lakerfan In NY
07-15-2009, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=daleja424;10137260]Paul Pierec IS the best player on his team. That dude is CLUTCH as hellz. There is no way he is overrated. I think most people consider him to be top 10...which he is. Does he overrate himself? maybe... but that doesnt make him overrated. Every nba player thinks they are the best... it comes with the territory[/QUOTE

Maybe. But in your listing of top ten doesn't KG fall BEFORE pierce. In no real order:
Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Duncan
KG? ... NO
than the rest incl Pierce.
h

danidin
07-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Overrated: Vince Carter, Bosh, Ariza, Harris, Kidd, Nash, Birdman, Fisher, Rudy Fernandez

Underrated: Gerald Wallace, D-West, John Salmons, Big Baby, Sessions, Al Jefferson

KB12324
07-15-2009, 01:23 PM
underated= brandon roy
overated= dwight howard

JayW_1023
07-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Hope your not saying D-Rose is Overrated cause he's not cause just a matter of time before people really see what he can do. Cause during the season he didnt get that much tv time over da world and plus he was on da bulls wait next season he's gonna be on tv all da time and a allstar mark it down.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Derrick Rose right now is very overrated especially by Bulls fans. Rose has the tools and demeanor to possibly the best point guard in the NBA, and he keeps developing at his current pace he will be...in roughly 2 years.

Right now however Rose isn't there yet. He isn't in the top 5 point guards yet. he still needs to be more consistent and mature for that to happen. Which it probably will. But he hasn't reached the elite yet.

SeoulBeatz
07-15-2009, 01:28 PM
overrated: is it even a question? andrew bynum

underrated: honestly, Amare Stoudemire.

people **** on him constantly on this site but i honestly think he is THE best offensive PF in the league right now. defense is another story but he was unstoppable just over a year ago and people already write him off.

people did the same thing to wade.

tland22
07-15-2009, 01:37 PM
explain to me how a a career average of 19.5 ppg and 10 assists and 2.5 steals per game is overrated?

and i guy who averaged 22.8 ppg and 11 assists and 3 steals last season is overrated?

and he doesn't have any other superstar on his team(he has an all-star in west)

if he can get another all star on his team he can be on of the all time leading passer in nba history when his career is over

and he is well on his way to have the most steals when his career is over

clearly you have no idea what your talking bout

most overrated player: Lebron james before you start comparing him to mj and kobe remember that mj and kobe were triple threat scorers and that they were also shooters lebron only uses his size when he hits his 30s and his body starts to slow down he cant drive it in on every play

most underrated player: kevin durant he will be in the conversations of the kobes wades and lebrons after this upcomin season i guarantee it

Great Post man... in no way, shape, or form, is Chris Paul over rated. He is second only to LeBron James in statistics, and he hardly gets ANY hype compared to kebo Wade and Lebron...when the fact is that Chris Paul puts up even better numbers than Wade...go look it up. Wade scores 3-4 more buckets per game, but that is it. Wade also shoots alot more and much lower shooting percentages than CP3....CP3 shoots higher percentages i all 3 shooting categories. If anything he is under rated because of the lack of star power his name carries in a sort of way...

C_Mund
07-15-2009, 03:06 PM

Most of this post is just ridiculous. Steve Nash is not overrated. He's old. There's a huge difference. He lead a wicked team that was a few tough breaks from going all the way.
Ray Allen is not overrated, he's old. There's a huge difference. The best pure shooter in recent memory, only Reggie Miller stands in the way of that crown.
Brandon Roy is not underrated, he's considered one of the best shooting guard's in today's NBA.
I don't know anybody who knocks Andre Miller's game.
Stoudemire, although he seems to be a jerk, is an offensive killer who still has years to shore up is defense.
Al Jefferson was traded for KG, and is considered by most to be one of the best pf's in the game.
I agree with the Bynum pick.

C_Mund
07-15-2009, 03:10 PM
He's never been at full strength, that's the problem. For all the people that think that 'Bynum is the best center blah blah blah', for all you know he's going to get hurt a month in AGAIN.... he may never play up to what his potential could have been

No doubt!
also, if only we saw some real minutes out of Bowie he'd be better than Jordan, I swear...

ko8e24
07-15-2009, 03:18 PM
underrated...sun yue

FlakeyFool
07-15-2009, 03:50 PM
PG Overrated: Steve Nash / Rondo

SG Underrated: Brandon Roy / K Mart

SF Overrated: Paul Pierce / Hedo
SF Underrated: Andre Iguodala / Buttler / Prince

PF Underrated: Al Jefferson / Gasol

C Overrated: Andrew Bynum / Old Shaq
C Underrated: Kaman / NENE

How is Nash overrated? 2 time MVP? Hes going to be a hall of famer. Idiot post. Ray Allen overrated? Hes going to be a hall of famer. Hedo carried the magic in the playoffs, old shaq is overrated, hes just old.

JuliusCaesar
07-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Most Overrated: Kevin Garnett and Tim Tebow (just both of them...)
Most underrated: Al Jefferson, Lamarcus Aldridge, joe johnson

Lo Porto
07-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Of All Time:

Overrated - Michael Jordan - c'mon - endorsments made him larger than life
Underrated - Wilt Chamberlain - give the guy his due - it took the East All Stars (Celts) to beat him

danidin
07-15-2009, 04:51 PM
camby underrated?
LOL.

he's such a weak defender.
Pau kick his *** in the last playoff btw them.

Great numbers though.

danidin
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
oh i forgot the most overrated player ever:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RSvosCqCQZ4/SSXkvHUYTYI/AAAAAAAACeM/UIQIaYv6TgU/s320/shawn+marion1.jpg

MagicBucsSox
07-15-2009, 04:58 PM
overrated- lebron defensively
underrated-deron williams

CaesarTheParrot
07-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Of All Time:

Underrated - Wilt Chamberlain - give the guy his due - it took the East All Stars (Celts) to beat him

wow mj overrated? i don't even know how to respond to this. 5x mvp. 6x nba finals mvp. Best offensive AND defensive player in the league. Learn something about the nba.
wilt chamberlain was just bigger than everybody and the only person that could match up with him was russel

danidin
07-15-2009, 05:24 PM
overrated- lebron defensively

Kobe vs Cavs: 19 pts 47%, 20 pts 40%

Wade: 25 pts 38%, 41 pts 53%, 29 pts 48%, 21 pts 30%

PP: 14 pts 23%, 29 pts 50%, 11 pts 26%, 27 pts 52%

MELO: 13 pts 35%, 18 pts 41%

.....?

CaesarTheParrot
07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Kobe vs Cavs: 19 pts 47%, 20 pts 40%

Wade: 25 pts 38%, 41 pts 53%, 29 pts 48%, 21 pts 30%

PP: 14 pts 23%, 29 pts 50%, 11 pts 26%, 27 pts 52%

MELO: 13 pts 35%, 18 pts 41%

.....?

nice post with stats to back it up

mrblisterdundee
07-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Overrated:

Los Angeles Clippers - Blake Griffin just joined a very dysfunctional family. Besides, I've never seen a dominant red head in the NBA.

Underrated:

Sam Mitchell - He needs to be hired as a head coach again. It wasn't his fault that Toronto's general managers had made it the softest team in the NBA. The man was named coach of the year while coaching the butterflies and fairies of the NBA.

JJ81
07-15-2009, 05:52 PM
There's a thread about who's overrated and who's underrated nearly every other day ffs

JDMac80
07-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Overrated - Michael Jordan

Who let this guy in here? :crazy:

SkyFlyHawk
07-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Of All Time:

Dis dude been :smoking:.

thatmediadude
07-16-2009, 11:29 AM

Gonna stay the same, except I'd like to move Kevin Durant into a tie with Iggy at SF. I'd almost rather have that underrated team OVER that overrated team..

UofA
07-16-2009, 11:40 AM
OR- Dwight Howard, Bynum

UR- Kevin Martin, Iggy, Roy

userfoundnot
07-16-2009, 03:04 PM
PG Underrated: Devin Harris

SG Overrated: Gilbert Arenas
SG Underrated: Jason "Jet" Terry

SF Underrated: Caron Butler

PF Overrated: Chris Bosh

C Underrated: Chris Kaman

Vinny642
07-16-2009, 07:17 PM
I agree 100% JDMac80. ^^
Anyone who says Carlos Boozer is overrated is full of it. When you put him up next to Tim Duncan and KG, he's probably the most true PF as there is in this game. Duncan plays like a center and KG is just all over, not true PFs IMO. Carlos Boozer an amazing player just a little injury prone >.>

But Boozer only plays offense, he isn't good defensively at all, lil like 7 blocks last season. NOWHERE NEAR KG AND Duncan

soxnfins
07-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Overrated PG: Allen Iverson
Underrated PG: Chauncey Billups

Overrated SG: Michael Redd (my favorite player and as a Bucks fan that I am, but it's sadly true)
Underrated SG: TIE: Dwayne Wade/ Brandon Roy (more Roy)

Overrated SF: Trevor Ariza (No disrespect to Laker and Rocket fans)
Underrated SF: Kevin Durant (takes a lot of spit for being on a bad team, but he'd still put up 20+ PPG and 6+ RBP on a championship team)

Overrated PF: TIE: Dirk Nowitzki/ Zach Randolph(sorry Mav fans no disrespect, but he doesn't come up in the playoffs)
Underrated PF: Al Jerrferson

Overrated C: Andre Bynum (once again, he's hurt a lot, no disrespect to Lakers fans)
Underrated C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas (overshadowed by many of the superstars)

uncleben989
07-16-2009, 07:48 PM
PG Overrated - Jason Kidd
PG Underrated - Deron Williams, Jarrett Jack

SG Overrated - Dwayne Wade
SG Underrated - Brandon Roy

SF Overrated - Paul Pierce, Trevor Ariza, Shawn Marion
SF Underrated - Tayshaun Prince, Caron Butler

PF Overrated - Chris Bosh
PF Underrated - Joakim Noah, Paul Millsap

C Overrated - DWIGHT HOWARD
C Underrated - Andres Biedrins

goblazers7
07-16-2009, 08:11 PM
PG-Overrated-Rajon Rondo
PG-Underrated-Devin Harris

SG-Overrated-Allen Iverson
SG-Underrated-Brandon Roy

SF-Overrated-AK47
SF-Underrated-Kevin Durant/Danny Granger/Caron Butler

PF-Overrated-Amare Stoudimire/David West
PF-Underrated-Lamarcus Aldridge

C-Overrated-Shaq
C-Underrated-Nene

Trouble87
07-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Overrated- Sasha Vujacic, Erick Dampier, Chris Bosh, Rajon Rondo, and Zach Randolph

Underrated- Andris Biedrins, Rudy Fernandez, Jeff Green, Jason Thompson, Donte Green, and Ryan Anderson

Freshed
07-16-2009, 09:21 PM
steve nash isnt overrated .. and so is kobe. lebron james is waaaaaay overrated.

CP3 The Great
07-16-2009, 09:24 PM

are you kidding steve nash is overrated, ray allen hahaha wtf has this world come to, marcuz camby great defensive player with a nice little jump shot, ill give you him, and bynum is way overrated ginobili is the most overrated ive seen in a while, while brandon roye was also a great choice, but ray allen is one of the best if not thee best shooter/clutch shooter, to ever play the game so i have no idea where you get OVERrated from that. hahahaha:speechless::speechless:

RocketsFan4Life
07-16-2009, 09:29 PM
underrated Luis scola , roy, aldridge and Arron Brooks
overrated Oden Curry bynum

mavs&colts
07-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Underated-Danny Granger
Overated-Tracy Mcgrady

j-mart
07-16-2009, 10:31 PM
how is TMAC over rated? he gets NOTHING but bashed all year long. Amd when he is playing healthy he is a monster. The only people who dont know that are people who just started watching the NBA in the last 3 years.

How many games has T-Mac actually played in the last 3 years???:injury:

ClayFace
07-16-2009, 10:35 PM
underated - scola
overated - yao

MajorFloridaFan
07-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Overated - Yao
Underated Dwight howard
He is not a superstar anyone remember that quote

philab
07-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Dwight howard
He is not a superstar anyone remember that quote

And that still holds true. What's changed? Oh, he had one good series against a team with absolutely no one to guard him. Howard's not a superstar.

MajorFloridaFan
07-16-2009, 11:16 PM
your wrong DPOV man lead league in Double Double blocks rebounds most consistent player and top three player to start a franchise around

MajorFloridaFan
07-16-2009, 11:16 PM
And that still holds true. What's changed? Oh, he had one good series against a team with absolutely no one to guard him. Howard's not a superstar.

And that was qoute was made before o-town whooped Cleveland it was a rallying cry in o town

Tommyh1331
07-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Andrew "if i stay healthy" bynum overrated

rudy gay underrated

Money!!

Warriorsforlife
07-16-2009, 11:38 PM
over rated is dunmurphy under rated corey maggette!!!!

ko8e24
07-17-2009, 03:16 AM
under rated- kobe
over rated- LBGAY

just stop!

itsripcity32
07-17-2009, 03:50 AM
none of the celtics big 3 are overated. billups sure hasn't been underated this past year.

overated: andrew byndum- the lakers cried over him being out in 08 but when they got him back in 09 odom out played him

dee279
07-17-2009, 04:17 AM
al jeff plays D?

He plays better D then Amare because he does play it. aMare doesnt even try to.

pnutbuttanjelly
07-17-2009, 04:37 AM
overrated - elton brand
underrated - brandon roy and aldridge

Public Enemy #1
07-17-2009, 04:49 AM
Underrated is Andris Biedrins, he is one of the best centers in the Western Conference and doesn't get any credit.

Overrated: Bynum, Nash, and McGrady.

d-baller23
07-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Overated is The Big Three, Kobe Bryant, Tony Parker, Ron Artest, and Steve Nash. Underated is the Orlando Magic, Dwayne Wade, Danny Granger, Kevin Martin, Courtney Lee, and Derrick Rose.

bctgg27
07-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Overated is The Big Three, Kobe Bryant, Tony Parker, Ron Artest, and Steve Nash. Underated is the Orlando Magic, Dwayne Wade, Danny Granger, Kevin Martin, Courtney Lee, and Derrick Rose.

I don't believe Tony Park is overrated and Derrick Rose is overrated. He has been in the league for one year and he considered a top 5 pg. Also, Courtney Lee is not underrated. He is just not that well known. He was a late first round pick, he will get his credit on my New Jersey Nets.

jmastert
07-17-2009, 09:05 AM
everyone stop saying varejao he averages average numbers. which is y he is an average player. he can play defense but cant score, definitely not the most underrated.

Overrated: Rajon Rondo
Underrated: Devin Harris (considering he was robbed from the MIP award)

philab
07-17-2009, 09:14 AM
your wrong DPOV man lead league in Double Double blocks rebounds most consistent player and top three player to start a franchise around

Still doesn't make him a superstar . . .

And that was qoute was made before o-town whooped Cleveland it was a rallying cry in o town

That's great. Obviously the quote came before that series. Your post would have made no sense otherwise.

Yahweh
07-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Overrated
PG- Allen Iverson, Gilbert Arenas
SG-Tracy McGrady, Michael Redd,
SF- Sean Marion, Andre Iguodala
PF- Chris Bosh, Elton Brand
C- Andrew Bynum, Amar'e Stoudemire

Underrated
PG- Steve Nash, Deron Williams
SG- Joe Johnson, Brandon Roy
SF- Tayshuan Prince, Manu Ginobili