PDA

View Full Version : Utah Jazz: adios Carlos, we are going in another direction.

fairandbalanced
07-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Jazz chief executive Greg Miller reportedly told Carlos Boozer recently that he isn't a part of the team's long-range plans.

Boozer said that he respects the decision, but hoped that the team would accommodate him with a trade, according to sources.

Via Salt Lake Tribune

I think a smart GM could get him for nothing, since they would have to match Milsap within a week now.

tland22
07-13-2009, 12:33 AM
LOL funny *** signature!

abe_froman
07-13-2009, 12:37 AM
bulls will take him :laugh2:

ThaBoomer
07-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Moving Boozer in the next week will be extremely difficult because it would have to somehow save the Jazz significant cap space right now. That means Utah will likely have to involve 3 teams, 1 with cap space, and 1 with whatever they want. Too many fans on this site keep proposing deals with expiring contracts for Boozer, not remembering that Boozer is an expiring contract, so that doesn't help at all! Now, with Portland's cap space tied up with the Millsap offer, the available teams that can make a cap saving trade with Utah are virtually nonexistant, especially after OKC remarked that they don't want to do a trade to help a division rival.

blackjack_119
07-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Moving Boozer in the next week will be extremely difficult because it would have to somehow save the Jazz significant cap space right now. That means Utah will likely have to involve 3 teams, 1 with cap space, and 1 with whatever they want. Too many fans on this site keep proposing deals with expiring contracts for Boozer, not remembering that Boozer is an expiring contract, so that doesn't help at all! Now, with Portland's cap space tied up with the Millsap offer, the available teams that can make a cap saving trade with Utah are virtually nonexistant, especially after OKC remarked that they don't want to do a trade to help a division rival.

Presumably, the only reason to move Boozer would be to sign Millsap, so Utah can operate under the assumption that Portland has all of their cap space since they will once Utah matches. Negotiate your three team trade with Portland and then execute the trade and match Millsap's offer at the same time.

cr00zi3
07-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Come on Gar...Dont be a sqaure!

Trouble87
07-13-2009, 09:12 AM
at least the Jazz were upfront about everything

Ace33Bone
07-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Then they may as well let him go now because there are plenty of other teams that would love to have his services... Where do you think he will end up and when

cowboyz180
07-13-2009, 10:11 AM
that means they will prob match offer for milsap

BALLER71
07-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Miami will take him :up:

Cubs Win
07-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Lets Go Gar! Lets Go Gar!

aman_13
07-13-2009, 10:31 AM
that means they will prob match offer for milsap

Yeah i will be suprised if they don't. Utah is really high on Milsap and they should be.

sp1derm00
07-13-2009, 10:36 AM
As good as Boozer is, I really don't know what the Jazz could get for him.

Bruno
07-13-2009, 04:45 PM
So they let Millsap walk, and tell their other PF that he isn't part of their long term plans? I wonder if they realize that losing isn't a part of Deron Williams long term plans either? If they don't accommodate him, he's gona walk or demand a trade in time- he's a winner.

utahjazzno12fan
07-13-2009, 05:07 PM
So they let Millsap walk, and tell their other PF that he isn't part of their long term plans? I wonder if they realize that losing isn't a part of Deron Williams long term plans either? If they don't accommodate him, he's gona walk or demand a trade in time- he's a winner.

Millsap is going to be in a Jazz uniform next year. Not sure what you are thinking... He signed an offer sheet that the Jazz can match. He is a restricted FA.

J_M_B
07-13-2009, 05:15 PM
I think he'll end up in Miami