PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom's Agent looking for a Sign and Trade

JordansBulls
07-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnFX9gYgM2Xl.QwXO9XQuva8vLYF?slug=aw-winnerslosers071109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

• Lamar Odom

His agent has been desperately trying to find a sign-and-trade around the league, but there’s little there but the Lakers’ offer of $7 million per season. Odom had a terrific playoffs and Finals on L.A’s championship run, but he has few options to make the Lakers raise their offer. Why has Portland so far sat it out with him? It still makes no sense.

Kermit310
07-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Lamar Odumb

hes bluffing with his muffin

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 07:43 PM
That's BS,we got news that he'll re-sign this upcomming week,L.O is a Laker!

JordansBulls
07-12-2009, 07:51 PM
That's BS,we got news that he'll re-sign this upcomming week,L.O is a Laker!

Not sure exactly, but you gotta resign anyway to do a sign and trade.

Mr.Nate30
07-12-2009, 07:52 PM
iron even if u get lo spurs are still the new champs

zambo4president
07-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I would love him on the Bulls so much, i know it wont happen but im just saying.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-12-2009, 07:55 PM
I would love him on the Bulls so much, i know it wont happen but im just saying.

Odom for Hinrich

LA_Raiders
07-12-2009, 07:58 PM
He will resign early next week for $8.5M/yr....

Sorry, but he will be a Laker and we will repeat...

Kermit310
07-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Barack Obama for Odom Any day.....

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Not sure exactly, but you gotta resign anyway to do a sign and trade.

Funny,so,let me tell you that more clearly.L.O will re-sign and stay a Laker.

mrblisterdundee
07-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Odom will bow down and accept the Lakers' offer, because he wants championship rings.

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:03 PM

Yes a team with duncan on one leg,ginobili's career near to over,one SF ballhog and no bench,yeah scary!

Mr.Nate30
07-12-2009, 08:03 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
artest/odom if he resigns
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

Mr.Nate30
07-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Yes a team with duncan on one leg,ginobili's career near to over,one SF ballhog and no bench,yeah scary!

rj not a balllhog manu healthy duncan healthy and no bench ya right mason blair finley bonner mahimi hill also artest will cause problems

goblazers7
07-12-2009, 08:08 PM
blazers don't want odom, KP says there might be too much hype over this. He said on the radio interview of 95.5 the game that he shocked everyone is mad at him for not doing anything, he also said right after that we had 54 wins last season with the 2nd youngest team and that we don't need roster revising or anything big. don't be surprised if we just get millsap. if utah magically puts in the 7-8 million, we'll look for andre miller or hinrich if they are availible!

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-12-2009, 08:08 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

No they are not. And you have Odom in the wrong spot. He is a power forward. And if he resigns, the Lakers will always have a combination of Bynum/Gasol, Gasol/Odom, Bynum/Odom in at all times. That is tough to match up with for 48 minutes. They wear teams down with that depth. The Spurs front court is sad next to the Lakers.

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:09 PM
rj not a balllhog manu healthy duncan healthy and no bench ya right mason blair finley bonner mahimi hill also artest will cause problems

You consider hill,mahimi,bonner,mason good players?????

You kidding,right?

still1ballin
07-12-2009, 08:10 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

Lakers are better

fixed

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:12 PM
No they are not. And you have Odom in the wrong spot. He is a power forward. And if he resigns, the Lakers will always have a combination of Bynum/Gasol, Gasol/Odom, Bynum/Odom in at all times. That is tough to match up with for 48 minutes. They wear teams down with that depth. The Spurs front court is sad next to the Lakers.

This guy is on drugs , Denver, Dallas and Portland will be better than SA next season,and us better than them all.

Reyes6
07-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Any team would be lucky to have Lamar Odom. I would LOVE him on the Rockets, then Rockets and Lakers could swap almost all their FA's. But can we please not turn this in to a Laker Lovefest?

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:14 PM
fixed

:clap: My man Still1 ,always there when it count.

juggla53
07-12-2009, 08:14 PM
The spurs have nobody to guard kobe and they are very thin on the bench especially at the 4 and 5 spot

nba08
07-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Are the spurs the oldest team in the nba. hahahaha yup there better. ahahahhahahahaha if we played wheel chair basketball. the lakers are better than the spurs. the create match up problems while s.A which i ll give credit is a good team but doesnt do that anymore.the lakers player are either in their prime or about to enter while only derek fisher is the grandpa of team. its ok cause he there for leadership not skills. Lakers

JordansBulls
07-12-2009, 08:17 PM
What exactly does this have to do with the Lakers and Spurs matching up?

This is more or less about if Odom is actually looking for a sign and trade or not.

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:19 PM
What exactly does this have to do with the Lakers and Spurs matching up?

This is more or less about if Odom is actually looking for a sign and trade or not.

Yes we're all off topic because someone said something stupid.

Larry14r
07-12-2009, 08:19 PM

Will you shut the ******* up because no one cares about your crappyasre old team.

SpursEvolution
07-12-2009, 08:21 PM

ha, really!! Duncan still ******* around Pau an Bynum so no comment there,! Ginobili was out half a season an his career is over? Ha, stop smokin crack! An who the Hell was RJ suppose to pass it to? So i don blame him!! An no bench?!! Yuur kidding right?! Hill,Ginobili,Finley,Blair,Bonner isnt a bench?! Its better then yalls *** bench, an funny how yuu didnt mention Parker, which yuur team cant stop with your 50 year old pg, don talk ****. Spurs will play the Lakers in the WCF an beat them in 6! Punk***

jsumadchat
07-12-2009, 08:26 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

im not a lakers or spurs fan by any stretch of the imagination, but that was TERRIBLE!!! lets look at this again...

parker > fish (but fish is WAY more clutch)
mason / manu < kobe (mamba is better than both of them COMBINED)
RJ < artest / odom (even if odom DOESNT resign, artest is still better than RJ)
duncan > gasol (this one was tight, but i gotta give it to timmyD)
mcdyess < bynum (the injury problems aside, mcdyess is a shell of what he was, and bynum would eat him alive.)

im sorry my man, but the spurs arent HALF as good as the lakers.

rjvacad
07-12-2009, 08:27 PM

That is what every other team is thinking, Artest will be a problem. I say no way, he is starving for a ring, he is playing on the best team by far he has ever been on and Kobe will keep in focused. So dream on, Lakers repeat. :clap:

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:28 PM
ha, really!! Duncan still ******* around Pau an Bynum so no comment there,! Ginobili was out half a season an his career is over? Ha, stop smokin crack! An who the Hell was RJ suppose to pass it to? So i don blame him!! An no bench?!! Yuur kidding right?! Hill,Ginobili,Finley,Blair,Bonner isnt a bench?! Its better then yalls *** bench, an funny how yuu didnt mention Parker, which yuur team cant stop with your 50 year old pg, don talk ****. Spurs will play the Lakers in the WCF an beat them in 6! Punk***

Isn't bonner supposed to be YOUR STARTING C ? :eyebrow:

Calm down man we killed you 5 times in playoffs in 9 years,and you were 1st round exit last playoffs against a low seed team,and RJ and Mcdyess are supposed to make you an elite team who can beat the Champ???

Funny boy.

Brooke
07-12-2009, 08:30 PM

I have been hearing the same thing for years and it hasnt changed. Lakers have killed them last few years

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:31 PM
im not a lakers or spurs fan by any stretch of the imagination, but that was TERRIBLE!!! lets look at this again...

mcdyess < bynum (the injury problems aside, mcdyess is a shell of what he was, and bynum would eat him alive.)

Smart post :clap:

GspLAL
07-12-2009, 08:31 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

lmao, you sure compared them bro, those points you brought up are spot on.

Brooke
07-12-2009, 08:32 PM

you mean like he was supposed to cause problems in Houston??

Brooke
07-12-2009, 08:32 PM

Well said :clap:

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:36 PM
They are in the nba so they hav to be good dumb fukk! An better then yuur sorry azz bench,! Its funn how all these flaker fans sukk kobes dikk,! I will laugh so hard and wishing so badd Kobe gets hurt so yall can juss fall apart! I bet LA is filled with G-ayy people! Cant wait till us Spurs beat yalls ***-got azzez,! Peacee niggaaa

Calm down man we killed you 5 times in playoffs in 9 years,and you were 1st round exit last playoffs against a low seed team,and RJ and Mcdyess are supposed to make you an elite team who can beat the Champ??? Funny boy.

SpursEvolution
07-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Isn't bonner supposed to be YOUR STARTING C ? :eyebrow:

Calm down man we killed you 5 times in playoffs in 9 years,and you were 1st round exit last playoffs against a low seed team,and RJ and Mcdyess are supposed to make you an elite team who can beat the Champ???

Funny boy.

Ohh yess a low exact without Ginobilu? That means a whole bunch dudee,! An RJ is WAY better than bowen so thats an upgrade Mcdyess is solid vet and will START! Ha wow 5 in 9! So we beat yall in 4. 1 season better! Congradulations!!

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:39 PM
you think their backcourt is better? this tells me all I need to know

Kobe alone is a better backcourt than SA backcourt , no seriously this guy is crazy.

Mr.Nate30
07-12-2009, 08:39 PM
spurs champs laker oyt in semi confrence

Brooke
07-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Kobe alone is a better backcourt than SA backcourt , no seriously this guy is crazy.

it isnt even close. Kobe is better than their SGs combined. There is being a fan of a team and being a complete homer taking it too far

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Ohh yess a low exact without Ginobilu? That means a whole bunch dudee,! An RJ is WAY better than bowen so thats an upgrade Mcdyess is solid vet and will START! Ha wow 5 in 9! So we beat yall in 4. 1 season better! Congradulations!!

Are you that stupid? In 2006 and 2007 and 2009 we haven't met each other in playoffs ,so it rests 1 for you:eyebrow:

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Laker haters are so out of touch with reality!!!!

Exactly,this is pathetic.

Mr.Nate30
07-12-2009, 08:44 PM
ok fish only reason you guys consider him good is because of the cheap 0.4 shot

jsumadchat
07-12-2009, 08:44 PM
these spurs fans are way too narrow-minded. look at the big picture.... aside from one successful year which included names like jason kidd, kerry kittles, and kenyon martin IN HIS PRIME, richard jefferson has been the best player on TERRIBLE teams!!!!! he is not a difference maker, he will not make your team better. its one thing to enjoy your team, and to show your pride. but its another thing to carry on acting like your team is the best and cannot be beat, ESPECIALLY you're comparing yourselves to the WORLD CHAMPIONS. i love my raptors, but im pretty sure they would lose a 7 game series to the lakers.

Brooke
07-12-2009, 08:46 PM

we aren't just talking about that shot. He has been clutch his whole career and that shot there was nothing cheap about it. I enjoyed it very much :p

steven123l
07-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Odom for Boozer

jsumadchat
07-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Odom for Boozer

THANK YOU! lets just get back to what this thread is really about! financially, this trade probably wouldnt work.

Iron24th
these spurs fans are way too narrow-minded. look at the big picture.... aside from one successful year which included names like jason kidd, kerry kittles, and kenyon martin IN HIS PRIME, richard jefferson has been the best player on TERRIBLE teams!!!!! he is not a difference maker, he will not make your team better. its one thing to enjoy your team, and to show your pride. but its another thing to carry on acting like your team is the best and cannot be beat, ESPECIALLY you're comparing yourselves to the WORLD CHAMPIONS. i love my raptors, but im pretty sure they would lose a 7 game series to the lakers.

Exactly,right now we're on top, but I remember when we were a 7th seed,I wasn't saying that we can beat the champ.

Mr.Nate30
parker still better the fish by alot then manu is just a tad worse then kobe

rjvacad
Odom for Boozer

Why?

Phenom1
07-12-2009, 08:49 PM
What spurs?

SpursEvolution
07-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Enough said, we will see this season who the better team is. Its just very funny how everyone is counting the spurs out. Funny people. If were healthy just watch out. RJ is better than artest BTW. artest scored 16 ppg as number 1 player which he always had the ball. Kobe demands the ball so Artest wont have as many touches, i say he averages 9ppg this season. RJ will reign since hes finally on a GREAT team. So Spurs vs. Lakers in WCF 09-10. Spurs in 6.

Mr.Nate30
07-12-2009, 08:53 PM
exactly evolution

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:54 PM

manu and kobe??? Wow man you are a complete failure.

CaesarTheParrot
07-12-2009, 08:54 PM
I hate Lakers fans on this forum. Somebody says one thing bad about their team and they swarm and act like two year-olds. And the spurs are a better all around team.

Mr.Nate30
07-12-2009, 08:55 PM
ik parrot

Fayzon10
07-12-2009, 08:56 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better Other than Parker who on the Spurs is in their prime?? the team that has the most players in their prime usually wins, Fisher past his prime but a crafty vet, Kobe at the tail end of his prime but still in his prime none the less, Artest at the tail end of his prime, Odom definitely in his prime, Gasol in his prime and Bynum not yet in his prime but very effective.. The spurs are better?? Are you serious??

Phenom1
07-12-2009, 08:56 PM
exactly evolution

ok we're done just like you being done with evolution.
AND no lakers in 5

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:57 PM
I hate Lakers fans on this forum. Somebody says one thing bad about their team and they swarm and act like two year-olds. And the spurs are a better all around team.

Great,now a cavs fan,another Lakers hater probably.

Mr.Nate30
07-12-2009, 08:57 PM
rj in prime manu dyess tail end duncan tail end

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Other than Parker who on the Spurs is in their prime?? the team that has the most players in their prime usually wins, Fisher past his prime but a crafty vet, Kobe at the tail end of his prime but still in his prime none the less, Artest at the tail end of his prime, Odom definitely in his prime, Gasol in his prime and Bynum not yet in his prime but very effective.. The spurs are better?? Are you serious??

Yeah I don't know what he's talking about too.

CaesarTheParrot
07-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Great,now a cavs fan,another Lakers hater probably.

wow exactly my point. You guys hate on every team.

Teeboy1487
07-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Old news. This came out the other day. There has been a new update saying that odom will indeed sign early next week for a little over 8m a year.

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
rj in prime manu dyess tail end duncan tail end

Thats clear you create this account to say BS and be banned,enjoy wasting your time buddy,now back to topic.

SpursEvolution
07-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Other than Parker who on the Spurs is in their prime?? the team that has the most players in their prime usually wins, Fisher past his prime but a crafty vet, Kobe at the tail end of his prime but still in his prime none the less, Artest at the tail end of his prime, Odom definitely in his prime, Gasol in his prime and Bynum not yet in his prime but very effective.. The spurs are better?? Are you serious??

It doesnt matter who or who isnt in their prime, its about who is a better TEAM! An who can play their best of eachother, yess the Lakers have a lil better talent but Spurs know how to play together, lakers play disfunctional at times. I mean we won our division with injurys everwhere, now were healthy an were still no good? Idkk bout that

spurs4#5
07-12-2009, 09:02 PM
since the rivalry started in the 99 season the lakers and spurs have played each other a total of 71 times (including playoffs) the series is lakers 36 sours 35...the san antonio spurs have won 4 championships....the lakers have won 4 championships...since the 2005 season lakers have been to the finals twice winning once and been taken out in the first round twice while one year not making the playoffs...spurs since the 2005 season has been to the finals twice and have won twice while being taken out in the first round in this last years post season....as much as i ****ing hate the lakers...their still an amazing team and they are the team to beat since they are the champs...but to all you laker fans out there claiming to own us spurs...get a life and clue do your research...we are virtually even since this rivalry really got started in 99...dont make stupid predictions based on fantasy thoughts...if there is a predictions to make its this..if both teams stay healthy...get ready for probably the best wcf we've ever seen!!!

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 09:03 PM

exactly my point too,cavs spurs and celts fans are often Lakers haters.

CaesarTheParrot
07-12-2009, 09:06 PM
exactly my point too,cavs spurs and celts fans are often Lakers haters.

wow since when did i say i hate the lakers. I have a problem with you as a fan not the team

Statik1
07-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Stay on topic....

If he wants a sign and trade who out there wants him and what can we get in return?

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 09:08 PM
since the rivalry started in the 99 season the lakers and spurs have played each other a total of 71 times (including playoffs) the series is lakers 36 sours 35...the san antonio spurs have won 4 championships....the lakers have won 4 championships...since the 2005 season lakers have been to the finals twice winning once and been taken out in the first round twice while one year not making the playoffs...spurs since the 2005 season has been to the finals twice and have won twice while being taken out in the first round in this last years post season....as much as i ****ing hate the lakers...their still an amazing team and they are the team to beat since they are the champs...but to all you laker fans out there claiming to own us spurs...get a life and clue do your research...we are virtually even since this rivalry really got started in 99...dont make stupid predictions based on fantasy thoughts...if there is a predictions to make its this..if both teams stay healthy...get ready for probably the best wcf we've ever seen!!!

I don't think you'll make it honestly,denver , dallas and portland are more likely to make the WCF.

No hate here ,just my point.

spurs4#5
07-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I don't think you'll make it honestly,denver , dallas and portland are more likely to make the WCF.

No hate here ,just my point.

they would still have to go through the spurs and lakers and i really cant see anybody in the nba beating these 2 teams in a 7 game series when healthy

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 09:11 PM
wow since when did i say i hate the lakers. I have a problem with you as a fan not the team

OK , so , a Lakers fans hater :rolleyes:

Now back to topic.

Fayzon10
07-12-2009, 09:13 PM
rj in prime manu dyess tail end duncan tail end I'll give you RJ maybe being in his prime I don't think so but he could be, but Dyess is definitely not in his prime anymore nor is Duncan, Duncan is in the same spot Shaq is in right now not the same dominant player they used to be so they focus on defense and rebounding.. Anyway you look at it the Lakers have more players in their prime and collectively are about 5 years younger, It will be a great season but if you are betting on the Spurs to take out the Lakers you may be disappointed come seasons end.

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 09:13 PM
they would still have to go through the spurs and lakers and i really cant see anybody in the nba beating these 2 teams in a 7 game series when healthy

Yes but to be fully healthy is a concern for your team,mine too.

That being said,let's see what happens man.

Teeboy1487
07-12-2009, 09:15 PM
This thread has turned into spur fans vs laker fans and one insignificant cavs fan.

Fayzon10
It doesnt matter who or who isnt in their prime, its about who is a better TEAM! An who can play their best of eachother, yess the Lakers have a lil better talent but Spurs know how to play together, lakers play disfunctional at times. I mean we won our division with injurys everwhere, now were healthy an were still no good? Idkk bout that Go back and look and the champions in any sport, 95 percent of the time the team with the most players in their prime wins. Period...

rjvacad

All this talk means nothing, teams will decide on court. Sorry, spurs are the oldest team in the NBA and that is not me saying it, it is fact. You should start rebuilding instead of trying to keep up with the Lakers and by signing old vets.

rjvacad
07-12-2009, 09:18 PM

Why don't you campare them since Lakers got Gasol??????

D Blue987
07-12-2009, 09:20 PM

The Lakers are going to be a tougher team especially if they sign Odom. Artest's presence will pose a problem for whoever he is guarding. Your team made some very decent moves this off season but even before they were far off from being better than the Lakers. Your team got a tad younger and I do think they will win more games and make it farther than they did in the playoffs this year but I firmly believe that they are inferior to the Lakers by a moderate margin. The Lakers just have too much size on their team to be beaten by the Spurs and I think it will be their downfall this coming season.

spurs4#5
07-12-2009, 09:22 PM
pretty sure i said since 99 and that would include the gasol years...

rjvacad
07-12-2009, 09:25 PM
pretty sure i said since 99 and that would include the gasol years...

Completely different team after they got Gasol and different story.

spurs4#5
07-12-2009, 09:26 PM
The Lakers are going to be a tougher team especially if they sign Odom. Artest's presence will pose a problem for whoever he is guarding. Your team made some very decent moves this off season but even before they were far off from being better than the Lakers. Your team got a tad younger and I do think they will win more games and make it farther than they did in the playoffs this year but I firmly believe that they are inferior to the Lakers by a moderate margin. The Lakers just have too much size on their team to be beaten by the Spurs and I think it will be their downfall this coming season.

if thats your opinion than thats cool...but ill reserve my opinion about who is better when we start seeing some real action....all we're doing right now is arguing who is better on paper

dbroncos78087
07-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Keep it civil in here.

spurs4#5
07-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Completely different team after they got Gasol and different story.

same might be said after this year with the spurs

spurs4#5
07-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Keep it civil in here.

i think everybody so far on page 7 has kept it civil :smoking:

Statik1
07-12-2009, 09:30 PM
What team out there would be looking at Odom that my question ?

rjvacad
07-12-2009, 09:30 PM
same might be said after this year with the spurs

Anything is possible, but again the spurs are the oldest team in the NBA.

spurs4#5
07-12-2009, 09:32 PM
same has been said about them before and they've wone championships

rjvacad
07-12-2009, 09:34 PM
same has been said about them before and they've wone championships

Fair enough, can't wait for the season.

Marques24kobe
07-12-2009, 09:35 PM
How many points did LBJ light RJ up for. Yeah hes really good. You guys need defense besides Timmy D you have no good defensive players. And talk about playing together as far as I know RJ has never played with the Spurs so how do you know how well they play together.

Lakergirl24
07-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Odom will resign with the lakers. No other team is going to give him more money. The lakers would rather keep him rather then sign and trade him

Dodlakpak
07-12-2009, 09:36 PM
If Odom doesnt realize that hell just be posing Ariza, then hes outta his mind. And plus theres not as much candy anywhere else but la babyyy

spurs4#5
07-12-2009, 09:36 PM
hell yeah brother...it will be one to watch for us die hard fans

lakersrock
07-12-2009, 10:01 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

First off, Odom is a PF, second, that Spurs team will blow on defense. Duncan and McDyess will get in foul trouble with the lanes those three on the outside will open up. On the other hand, the Lakers will be just as good as they were against the Magic, but with another DPOY type guy on the team. No way are the Spurs better given LA was already the best offensive team and just drastically improved their defense as well as offense. Artest being better than Ariza on both ends is a huge boost.

plpfctn
07-12-2009, 10:08 PM
how is 6,9 mcdyess going to guard 7-footers gasol and bynum? spurs are middle tier now.

jdricks
07-12-2009, 10:13 PM
He will be going back to the lakers because no one has the money along with the fact that there arent many pieces that the lakers want for Odom. He is too good and they would want at least 2 really good players. He is a laker and if he wants another championship he should stay.

Mr.Nate30
07-12-2009, 10:29 PM
mcdyess plays good on bigger men

Boston Faithful
07-13-2009, 12:10 AM

Oh yeah, Duncan is real sad.

Lakers fans are just plain ridiculous.

Duncan owns any of the Lakers frontcourt, any day, any week, any year - all the time.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Oh yeah, Duncan is real sad.

Lakers fans are just plain ridiculous.

Duncan owns any of the Lakers frontcourt, any day, any week, any year - all the time.

Actually, Gasol "owned" Duncan in last years playoffs. This year, Duncan and Bynum went head to head the whole game and played to a tie. So no, Duncan does not own the Lakers front court, any day, any week, and year- all the time.

Boston fans are just plain ridiculous.

Wilson
07-13-2009, 12:52 AM
Oh my...

ElMarroAfamado
07-13-2009, 05:07 AM
i still find it so comical how people are talking about the spurs like if they are going to do anything.....they are done......as long as kobe is in the league they are not winning anymore titles....and if the Lakers can re sign odom
its a wrap

Bruno
07-13-2009, 05:52 AM
First off, Odom is a PF, second, that Spurs team will blow on defense. Duncan and McDyess will get in foul trouble with the lanes those three on the outside will open up. On the other hand, the Lakers will be just as good as they were against the Magic, but with another DPOY type guy on the team. No way are the Spurs better given LA was already the best offensive team and just drastically improved their defense as well as offense. Artest being better than Ariza on both ends is a huge boost.

The only Spur who can help on Kobe is Parker. If you think Artest won't burn Jefferson, for cheating on Kobe you're nuts. Kobe will light up Mason like the 4th of July, with single coverage.

DCB/LAL
07-13-2009, 10:00 AM

Yeah tell that to my buddy who lost betting on the spurs that year:pity: and as far as you guys wanting to face LA in the WCF??!! Becareful what you wish for:D

Ace33Bone
07-13-2009, 10:00 AM
The reason that another team is not jumping on him is because he is asking for way too much money on this one... He will be a Laker by the end of this week or early next week once he and his agent realize thats the best they will get

DCB/LAL
07-13-2009, 10:09 AM

Its not that they said something bad its just that their awfully wrong i mean dont get me wrong ill pray:pray: for these guys and when they post again we'll see if theres still hope for these guys:D

Anyways as far as Odom i see this as a bluff i guess LAs offer is a "little north of 8mill a year" so id guess 8.5million this is just to try and get that extra 1.5 to get the 10mill he's asking but i beleive when its all said and done he'll be a Laker.....I HOPE!!!

markhebert42
07-13-2009, 10:31 AM

spare me this BS...the West is only growing stronger and LA is still the fav.

LeGacy is Music
07-13-2009, 10:37 AM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

I BEG TO DIFFER. I AM A KNICK FAN BUT GET SERIOUS. RJ is NOT BETTER THEN ARTEST. MASON/MANU <<<< KOBE. and lets get this correct. KOBE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA HANDS DOWN. :clap:

phillychi009
07-13-2009, 10:42 AM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

I don't see how the Spurs are better.

pebloemer
07-13-2009, 10:47 AM
I do not think the Spurs are better, but I do think that a lot of people in this forum are underestimating them drastically. Perhaps it is just to make their point, but regardless - both teams have to adjust around new players and we haven't seen what either team is capable of with the new roster. No one will see who is better until you can see them matchup up against each other. If I had to guess, I'd say Lakers are better, but not by the drastic leaps that people seem to be claiming. The Spurs may be old, but they have a very scary looking team if healthy.

Giantwarrior
07-13-2009, 10:51 AM
he will be a laker

king4day
07-13-2009, 12:04 PM
He will resign early next week for $8.5M/yr....

Sorry, but he will be a Laker and we will repeat...

Link?
And apology accepted ;)

king4day
07-13-2009, 12:05 PM
i still find it so comical how people are talking about the spurs like if they are going to do anything.....they are done......as long as kobe is in the league they are not winning anymore titles....and if the Lakers can re sign odom
its a wrap

And people wonder why LA and it's fans are hated so much :pity:

WillisLovechild
07-13-2009, 12:16 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

You actually compare the rosters and you think the Spurs' is better? The Lakers are better at SG, much better at SF, pretty close at PF, and better at C considering Antonio isn't a center.

ALQ20
07-13-2009, 12:25 PM

Nooo...Laker fans wonder why people take one person's comments and slap it on every Laker fan as if we ALL said it.....grow up....every fanbase has it's bad apples no one claims. i'm sure u have them too.

NeutralFan
07-13-2009, 12:25 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

no comparison. Lakers

RaiderLakersA's
07-13-2009, 12:31 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

I don't mind you taking recreational pharms, but really, you should share. Otherwise the folks steeped in reality simply won't see this fantasy world of which you speak.

I'll agree that the current Spurs roster is an improvement over last year, but they are not better than the current Lakers squad, especially if LO signs. The beauty of this, naturally, is that the Lakers will show you just how wrong you are in a few months. :rolleyes:

Raph12
07-13-2009, 12:32 PM
I love the Lakers but I'd never say I'm a "Laker fan". LA fans are WAY too confident/arrogant about Odom resigning but, if the Boozer trade happens and Millsap resigns with Utah, Odom will officially become a Blazer. KP said he doesn't think Odom is a big deal but after Millsap is off the market, Odom is the next best thing and KP will be SO embarassed that another free agent left him last second that KP will have no choice but to throw all of his money at Odom so he can save some face and sign at least one big name this offseason. Personally I think Odom doesn't even want to go back to LA anymore, after Mitch is understating his value so low and signed Artest to get majority minutes between them, but he cant find any better offers, so he may return he may not.

NeutralFan
07-13-2009, 12:32 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

RaiderLakersA's
07-13-2009, 12:43 PM
It doesnt matter who or who isnt in their prime, its about who is a better TEAM!

Said like someone who missed watching the Lakers in the playoffs last year. Seems to me the Lakers played like a very complete team, getting production from everyone who took the floor. Wow. I actually respect the Spurs organization, but some of these comments come across like a green speck of spinach on otherwise white teeth.

Gibby23
07-13-2009, 12:52 PM
I love the Lakers but I'd never say I'm a "Laker fan". LA fans are WAY too confident/arrogant about Odom resigning but, if the Boozer trade happens and Millsap resigns with Utah, Odom will officially become a Blazer. KP said he doesn't think Odom is a big deal but after Millsap is off the market, Odom is the next best thing and KP will be SO embarassed that another free agent left him last second that KP will have no choice but to throw all of his money at Odom so he can save some face and sign at least one big name this offseason. Personally I think Odom doesn't even want to go back to LA anymore, after Mitch is understating his value so low and signed Artest to get majority minutes between them, but he cant find any better offers, so he may return he may not.

1. The Lakers offer is alittle over 8 million a year. The Blazers can offer about 9. If they do the Lakers will match because it's only 1 million more.

2. Artest plays SF/SG, Odom plays PF. Artest will not be taking any mins away from LO, he will play Ariza's mins and play SG at times to give Kobe a rest and that takes mins from Sasha. LO, Pau, and Bynum rotate at the 4 and 5 spot and all get about 30 min a piece. I really don't see how you love the lakers if you don't know where LO plays and how much money is being offered and how much Portland can offer.

3. If Hedo went to Toronto because he didn't like Portland, why would LO leave LA for about the same amount of money?

Here is the latest on Odom and the Lakers being close to a contract for alittle over 8 million a year. The source is Ronnie Lester and he is assistant GM of the Lakers. He probabbly knows more about the situation:

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/07/11/can-a-deal-for-odom-be-far-off/20501/

Can a deal for Odom be far off?
July 11th, 2009, 4:23 pm · 38 Comments · posted by JANIS CARR, OCREGISTER.COM
How far is far apart?

Lamar Odom is believed to be seeking at least a $10 million contract from the Lakers. The Lakers aren’t willing to part with that kind of dough because of salary cap and luxury tax issues. The deal the Lakers were reportedly offering was for around $7 million.

But the sides might not be as far apart as that. Ronnie Lester, assistant GM, told me Saturday that he heard the Lakers offer now a“little north of $8 million” and he expected a deal to get done early next week.

Stay tuned.

DCB/LAL
07-13-2009, 12:52 PM

Ok? So let me get this straight he'll leave LA because he feels Mitch is "understating his value" and he'll leave for Portland because the Blazers GM said he "doesn't think Odom is a big deal" and thats not "understating his value"??:rolleyes: Right.

While he may feel that Mitch is understating his value Mitch has always said that Odom is an IMPORTANT part of this team and a big piece of the team he never went out and said Odom is not "a big deal" as the Blazers GM did!!

Raph12
07-13-2009, 01:56 PM
1. The Lakers offer is alittle over 8 million a year. The Blazers can offer about 9. 5. If they do the Lakers will match because it's only 1 million more.

2. Artest plays SF/SG, 1. Odom plays PF. 2. Artest will not be taking any mins away from LO, he will play Ariza's mins and play SG at times to give Kobe a rest and that takes mins from Sasha. LO, Pau, and Bynum rotate at the 4 and 5 spot and all get about 30 min a piece. 3. I really don't see how you love the lakers if you don't know where LO plays and how much money is being offered and how much Portland can offer.

3. 4. If Hedo went to Toronto because he didn't like Portland, why would LO leave LA for about the same amount of money?

Here is the latest on Odom and the Lakers being close to a contract for alittle over 8 million a year. The source is Ronnie Lester and he is assistant GM of the Lakers. He probabbly knows more about the situation:

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/07/11/can-a-deal-for-odom-be-far-off/20501/

1. Odom plays F not PF, he plays the 3 with Gasol and Bynum at 4 and 5, and he also plays the 4 with Gasol or Bynum at 5.

2. I didn't know you were best friends with Phil Jackson, next time you talk to him about his coaching decisions can you ask him a few questions from me also? Btw if Artest is pushed to the 2 while Lamar plays 3 than Kobe will get less minutes and last year he avged 35mpg as it is, idk how he would feel about lesser minutes?

3. I know how much he is being offered (8+m) by LA and I also know how much he can be offered by Portland (10+m) but where he plays is upto him not you, me or anyone else.

4. Lamar would receive a bigger role in Portland, more touches, more glory, more minutes and more money. In LA he is now the fourth and arguably fifth option on offense, after Kobe, Gasol, Artest and arguably Bynum. In Portland he'd be the second or third option after, Roy and maybe Aldridge, plus he'd probably receive significantly higher minutes than he would in LA (Under 30 in LA, probably near 35 in Portland)

5. Lakers won't match if KP give Lamar the full 10m, Mitch has acknowledged that if the price is too steep he'll walk away. Phil also acknowledged the fact that being 14m over the luxury tax already means they can only spend SO much on Odom.
Mitch: Sometimes you just have to say no and move on, and we've done that in the past.
Phil: Lamar might not get a contract or level of what we could get last year. He may have to get forced into a situation where he takes less money. If that happens, I hope we're the team that gets to do that (sign him), because I know we can't go above a certain limit - because of our financial situation.
http://www.dailynews.com/ci_12773859
The 8m they're offering him now is the final push to get him to say yes before Utah matches for Millsap.

Do I want LA to get Odom back, HELL YEAH! am I too cocky to admit he may go elsewhere, nope. That's why I said that it is upto Odom to make a decision on where he will go, not you, me or any "Laker Fan" Personally I think he takes the 8m and returns but I'm not gonna say it's set in stone

Gibby23
07-13-2009, 01:57 PM
1. Odom plays F not PF, he plays the 3 with Gasol and Bynum at 4 and 5, and he also plays the 4 with Gasol or Bynum at 5.

2. I didn't know you were best friends with Phil Jackson, next time you talk to him about his coaching decisions can you ask him a few questions from me also? Btw if Artest is pushed to the 2 while Lamar plays 3 than Kobe will get less minutes and last year he avged 35mpg as it is, idk how he would feel about lesser minutes?

3. I know how much he is being offered (8+m) by LA and I also know how much he can be offered by Portland (10+m) but where he plays is upto him not you, me or anyone else.

4. Lamar would receive a bigger role in Portland, more touches, more glory, more minutes and more money. In LA he is now the fourth and arguably fifth option on offense, after Kobe, Gasol, Artest and arguably Bynum. In Portland he'd be the second or third option after, Roy and maybe Aldridge, plus he'd probably receive significantly higher minutes than he would in LA (Under 30 in LA, probably near 35 in Portland)

5. Lakers won't match if KP give Lamar the full 10m, Mitch has acknowledged that if the price is too steep he'll walk away. Phil also acknowledged the fact that being 14m over the luxury tax already means they can only spend SO much on Odom.
Mitch: Sometimes you just have to say no and move on, and we've done that in the past.
Phil: Lamar might not get a contract or level of what we could get last year. He may have to get forced into a situation where he takes less money. If that happens, I hope we're the team that gets to do that (sign him), because I know we can't go above a certain limit - because of our financial situation.
http://www.dailynews.com/ci_12773859
The 8m they're offering him now is the final push to get him to say yes before Utah matches for Millsap.

Do I want LA to get Odom back, HELL YEAH! am I too cocky to admit he may go elsewhere, nope. That's why I said that it is upto Odom to make a decision on where he will go, not you, me or any "Laker Fan" Personally I think he takes the 8m and returns but I'm not gonna say it's set in stone

Lakers never used that line up once this year. Last time Odom played the 3 spot for the Lakers was in the 2006-2007 season but he still played most of the time at PF.

JordansBulls
07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
I just don't understand why Portland hasn't gone after him. Why get Millsap when you can have Odom. Getting Millsap just hurts the Jazz who are not contenders anymore. Getting Odom helps Portland and hurts the Lakers, the team who is the top dog in the league currently.

Raph12
07-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Lakers never used that line up once this year. Last time Odom played the 3 spot for the Lakers was in the 2006-2007 season but he still played most of the time at PF.

I never said he played it all of last season, I said he plays F, he plays both 3 and 4, btw he did play 3 only for spurts at a time but he did play it, I watched alot of season games with Bynum/Gasol/Mbenga at 5, Gasol/Powell at 4 and Odom at 3. He didn't spend much time doing it, but he did play it well.

jimbobjarree
07-13-2009, 02:16 PM
I just don't understand why Portland hasn't gone after him. Why get Millsap when you can have Odom. Getting Millsap just hurts the Jazz who are not contenders anymore. Getting Odom helps Portland and hurts the Lakers, the team who is the top dog in the league currently.

why arent the Jazz contenders anymore? A fully healthy Deron, Millsap starting and getting something else for Boozer makes us more than capable to contend...barring injuries of course

Gibby23
07-13-2009, 02:26 PM
I never said he played it all of last season, I said he plays F, he plays both 3 and 4, btw he did play 3 only for spurts at a time but he did play it, I watched alot of season games with Bynum/Gasol/Mbenga at 5, Gasol/Powell at 4 and Odom at 3. He didn't spend much time doing it, but he did play it well.

Bynum, Gasol, and Odom were never on th court together once this year. neither were Mbenga, Gasol, and Odom. I don't konw what you were watching.

SB75
07-13-2009, 02:31 PM
If true this will hurt the Lakers bench.

Jahari Kavi
07-13-2009, 02:33 PM

exactly....

D-Will4Prez
07-13-2009, 02:36 PM
I heard a small rumor that Odumb might go to Utah in S&T for Boozer...really hope that doesn't happen >.<

Jahari Kavi
07-13-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't see how that benefits either team....Pau is already the lakers 4

breedlove2drug
07-13-2009, 02:51 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

haha.. you crack me up

WadeCounty
07-13-2009, 02:53 PM
i want him in a heat uniform again :(

fresh prince
07-13-2009, 02:58 PM

Because good teams and good GM's (Which KP certainly is) don't think about how they can "hurt" their rivals. Instead they think about improving their team with players that are a good fit..

LO simply would not be a good fit in Portland..If they traded Travis Outlaw or Batum then yea I think they would be all over LO.. But with those 2 and Aldridge in the fold there is no need to overpay for Lamar.

Milsap would bring a whole different dynamic to their team and he is much younger. It just makes more sense for the Blazers.

fresh prince
07-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Yahoo Reports Lamar Odom Return to the Lakers is Imminent this week!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Odom-deal-imminent-with-Lakers?urn=nba,176117

JordansBulls
07-13-2009, 04:09 PM
why arent the Jazz contenders anymore? A fully healthy Deron, Millsap starting and getting something else for Boozer makes us more than capable to contend...barring injuries of course

they never were contenders. Only in 2007

Raph12
07-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Because good teams and good GM's (Which KP certainly is) don't think about how they can "hurt" their rivals. Instead they think about improving their team with players that are a good fit..

LO simply would not be a good fit in Portland..If they traded Travis Outlaw or Batum then yea I think they would be all over LO.. But with those 2 and Aldridge in the fold there is no need to overpay for Lamar.

Milsap would bring a whole different dynamic to their team and he is much younger. It just makes more sense for the Blazers.

Are you kidding? maybe not hurt other GMs, but they make moves to lower the other teams chances of winning/beating them:
Boston desperately pursued Rasheed Wallace because Orlando and San Antonio really wanted him, does Sheed put them over the top? No not really, they had a great team when healthy and now health is going to mean everything and anything to this Celtics team now that 4 of their 6 best players are in mid-30s.
Cavs have Anthony Parker and are in desperate need of a big PF, and Drew Gooden would be a perfect fit, but as soon as Orlando said they want Matt Barnes, Cavs jumped at the chance to take him away from them, why? to hurt the Magics chances of beating them.
Right now the team to be in the East is Orlando since they won the ECFs last season and since Dwight is the hardest guy to matchup with, Boston got Sheed and Cavs got Shaq, both of these acquisitions were made to beat Orlando and now Cavs are pushing to get Barnes who'll be extremely limited behind Lebron and won't really thrive standing around waiting for the ball to be put in his hands for a catch-and-shoot.
Good or bad GMs all make moves to beat their rivals, that is just a part of the NBA, teams look at what cost them the win and make adjustments to beat certain teams.

J_M_B
07-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Lamar will resign with the Lakers

OT Thriller
07-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Odom will be back and the lakers will be very good with Artest on board. Am I smelling another Lakers dynasty?

WoodbridgeSkins
07-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Don't tell Laker's fans he won't resign. They'll throw a tantrum like a little kid.

DCB/LAL
07-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Don't tell Laker's fans he won't resign. They'll throw a tantrum like a little kid.

Well isnt the word that he will re-sign??

BrewinRamLakers
07-13-2009, 05:32 PM

LOL Spurs Champs? The teams average age is like 43...no way.

BrewinRamLakers
07-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Odom is going to re -sign lock this thread.

tr3ymill3r
07-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Sign and trade? He's a FA and nobody has shown interest in him. All that candy has gotten to his head.

Kabowdos
07-13-2009, 05:45 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

Lakers are the champs brother show some respect. Spurs have yet to prove anything but lose first round of the playoffs last season. The season before they lost to the Lakers. So I would keep quite for now.

Spurs have gotten better, but until the season is over or the Lakers have been knocked out of the playoffs... the Los Angeles Lakers will be the best team in the NBA.

Mr.Nate30
07-13-2009, 05:49 PM
lo signs with portland then spurs new 1 of west

Vidball
07-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Ginobli hobbles around all season and SA goes down in the 1st round again.

Mr.Nate30
07-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Ginobli hobbles around all season and SA goes down in the 1st round again.

ginobli is healthy dont belive go look on the spurs news

Mr.Nate30
07-13-2009, 05:53 PM
plus ur forgetting roger mason jr.

Brooke
07-13-2009, 05:54 PM
ginobli is healthy dont belive go look on the spurs news

can he stay healthy though??

Mr.Nate30
07-13-2009, 05:56 PM
i beleve so if not thats why we got rj

cr00zi3
07-13-2009, 05:58 PM

Yea. i wouldint mind one bit...

smuffins353
07-13-2009, 06:02 PM
LA has the gayest sports fans for real....cant wait for artest gasol or hopefully kobe to tear there acl this year LOLOLOLOL

GO ROCKETS

smuffins353
07-13-2009, 06:03 PM
no football either haha

GO TEXANS

Mr.Nate30
07-13-2009, 06:11 PM
smuffins i a little harsh

Ripper Gein
07-13-2009, 06:16 PM

We ALL know why L.A is hated.......GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!!

griffyatl
07-13-2009, 06:18 PM
no its not the Greatest place on earth that would be Miami, lets see Spain, Brazil, but the Lakers are the greatest team on the planet.

BkOriginalOne
07-13-2009, 06:19 PM
I want to see him on the blazers or in phili.

dos132
07-13-2009, 06:23 PM
they want more money...

Indi23
07-13-2009, 06:28 PM
um are all laker fans guaranteeing a repeat?

Ripper Gein
07-13-2009, 06:29 PM
no its not the Greatest place on earth that would be Miami, lets see Spain, Brazil, but the Lakers are the greatest team on the planet.

No it says so in the bible AND ON THE 8TH DAY GOD CREATED THE CITY OF L.A................

ALQ20
07-13-2009, 06:35 PM
um are all laker fans guaranteeing a repeat?

i think any team that wins a championship and then succeeds in keeping the main core together will guarantee a repeat. It's not just L.A. fans...any fan would say the same under the same circumstances.

what r fans supposed to say..."we'll get knocked out in the 1st/2nd round this year"?

blah-blah
07-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Lakers {Odom} to toronto for {george(expiring),ukic,first pick,rights to delfino}

raps starting lineup

bargnani
bosh
odom
turkoglu
calderon

projected place in eastern 3rd

Indi23
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
i think any team that wins a championship and then succeeds in keeping the main core together will guarantee a repeat. It's not just L.A. fans...any fan would say the same under the same circumstances.

what r fans supposed to say..."we'll get knocked out in the 1st/2nd round this year"?

other teams have gotten better. also. lol look at boston to make a statementas they seem to have fallen out of the picture in most peoples mind.(im not a celtic fan)

SB75
07-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Odem could e a starter for a lot of teams. Surely some one will make a deal for him paying around 8 mil a season. The only question is will the Lakers actually trade him.

ALQ20
07-13-2009, 06:50 PM
other teams have gotten better. also. lol look at boston to make a statementas they seem to have fallen out of the picture in most peoples mind.(im not a celtic fan)

no doubt. both conferences have gotten stronger with certain additions, but no way in hell would i say we are going to lose (what actual fan would say that about their team?). i can say it will be TOUGHER and a great season for ALL basketball, but i wouldnt go saying we are getting knocked out in the first round or the WCF.

im a Laker fan & i am looking forward to a repeat this year (with much confidence but respect to other teams). This season is going to be one of the most competitive we have seen in a while. With so many names moving, you never know, but that doesnt drop my confidence with the Lakers.

but like i said...this type of mentality would apply to any team that just won the championship and kept their core intact.

Indi23
07-13-2009, 06:54 PM
^^^ finally someone with sense instead of just saying "WE WIN AGAIN, NO CONTEST, TRY TO STOP US" spoken like a person with um a brain. Strongly agree with you if i see lakers losing its in the finals against the best east team.

PapelbonLester
07-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Lakers {Odom} to toronto for {george(expiring),ukic,first pick,rights to delfino}

raps starting lineup

bargnani
bosh
odom
turkoglu
calderon

Cavs,Magic,Celtics are all better then that lineup already...not to mention. IT AINT HAPPING.

Mr.Nate30
07-13-2009, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=ALQ20;10130935TOUGHER and a great season for ALL basketball, but i wouldnt go saying we are getting knocked out in the first round or the WCF. [QUOTE]

im sory but you may get knocked off in the Wcf to the spurs if were healthy

PapelbonLester
07-13-2009, 06:59 PM
^^^ finally someone with sense instead of just saying "WE WIN AGAIN, NO CONTEST, TRY TO STOP US" spoken like a person with um a brain. Strongly agree with you if i see lakers losing its in the finals against the best east team.

Dont rule out the Spurs/Nuggets/Mavs. If odoms gone one of those teams could beat the lakers. Especially cuz Bynum is a hack-job and you have no other big men besides powell. Not saying Powell isnt good cuz he is. He just aint Odom. Spurs are a lot better with Jefferson at SF. And now either Howard or Marion is coming off the bench. But its

Lakers
Spurs
Mavs
Nuggets

Magic
Cavs
Celtics
ATL- dont underestimate the Crawford trade.

bleedprple&gold
07-13-2009, 07:02 PM

raps starting lineup

bargnani
bosh
odom
turkoglu
calderon

Why in the hell would the Lakers trade Odom for that garbage??

LakersnDodgers
07-13-2009, 07:12 PM
ok lets compare teams

parker
mason/manu
rj
duncan/blair
mcdyes

vs

fish
kobe
gasol
bynum

spurs are better

First of all slooooooooooooooooooooooow down homie! were the defending champs! NO ONE IS BETTER UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE WINS THE CHAMPIONSHIP.I would be happy too if i was a Spurs fan........Mcdyes,Jefferson are solid pickups! but those players aren't going to set you over the top.Duncan is 33 and is looking older than his age (gang of playoff games like Kobe but 3yrs older) The Spurs window is SHUT.....they couldn't even get outta the 1st Round! do you really think those 2 pickups all of sudden make you better than the Lakers? cmon don't be a total homer...

LakersnDodgers
07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Gotta check the stats but i remember in a few matchups Bynum playing as well as Duncan was playing him? or even a game or 2 outplaying Duncan in points and rebounds.....Plus the worst matchup is Gasol....he is way to big for Mcdyes that would be ugly.

ALQ20
07-13-2009, 07:17 PM
im sory but you may get knocked off in the Wcf to the spurs if were healthy

sure....if that makes your cajones grow a size or two. whatever floats your boat.

mavs&colts
07-13-2009, 07:18 PM
He's re-signing with the lakers because nobody is willing to pay odom that kind of money besides the lakers, i dont even know if he's in the top 10 PF:shrug: