PDA

View Full Version : MUST HAVE Prospects for Halladay

The_905
07-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Take at look at both rosters for the MLB futures game tomorrow and say what prospect you would have to see coming back our way IF we were to trade Halladay. Obviously keeping in mind which teams are actually in the Halladay hunt.

US Team

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2009/roster_futures_us.jsp

World Team

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2009/roster_futures_world.jsp

Cowboys4Life
07-12-2009, 04:24 PM
I dont care really bc im not a Jays fan

The_905
07-12-2009, 04:26 PM
sorry guys meant to put this in the jays forum.. can someone fire it in there for me?

hawks1723
07-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I didn't look at the rosters but I'll tell you this as a Phillies fan. There have been a lot of talk around here about us being in the hunt. I've heard Ricciardi is looking for a big SS prospect and we have on of the best in Jason Donald. I think we could put together a package of Donald, Drabek, a 19 year old pitcher Knapp who has potential through the roof, and 1 of our 3 big outfield prospects. I would rather keep Michael Taylor but if it takes getting Halladay I guess it would have to be done.

cheerio
07-12-2009, 07:36 PM
It will take a few prospects to get holliday

The_905
07-12-2009, 07:46 PM
ya obviously but you should start with the teams that have blue chip prospects..

Halladay
07-12-2009, 09:18 PM
If Doc does end up getting traded, you don't just go after prospects, you need players who are ready right now. I think 2-3 prospects and 2-3 roster players sounds about right IMO. Also, don't just look at the roster for the futures game, we have a pretty good farm system in which most of our top specs are pitchers.

bomber0104
07-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I like everyone on these teams

T.O. Fan
07-13-2009, 09:37 AM
I didn't look at the rosters but I'll tell you this as a Phillies fan. There have been a lot of talk around here about us being in the hunt. I've heard Ricciardi is looking for a big SS prospect and we have on of the best in Jason Donald. I think we could put together a package of Donald, Drabek, a 19 year old pitcher Knapp who has potential through the roof, and 1 of our 3 big outfield prospects. I would rather keep Michael Taylor but if it takes getting Halladay I guess it would have to be done.

I've posted it many times and people are probably sick of reading it, but Donald would definitely be in the deal, as would Brown, Knapp and 1 of Drabek or Taylor IMO with the Phils possibly also getting a pen arm.

blujaysrock
07-13-2009, 09:57 AM
If Doc does end up getting traded, you don't just go after prospects, you need players who are ready right now. I think 2-3 prospects and 2-3 roster players sounds about right IMO. Also, don't just look at the roster for the futures game, we have a pretty good farm system in which most of our top specs are pitchers.

Exactly if we trade him we don't trade him for 4-5 prospects still in the minors we trade him for a few players in AAA that are blocked by players that are mlb ready and then we add the propects in.

CaptainBolduke
07-13-2009, 10:00 AM
It will take a few prospects to get holliday

Matt?

VinScully4pres.
07-15-2009, 01:54 AM
I really dont see you getting anything but prospects. Halladay is phenominal , but, you are not going to see a team give up thier future (prospects) and current players for one guy.

You should expect 4-5 prospects who are either ready or damn close to being ready to play in the bigs.

T.O. Fan
07-15-2009, 12:08 PM
My perfect package for Halladay should he be dealt would be Drabek, Taylor, Donald and Knapp from the Phillies.

Nofear
07-15-2009, 12:18 PM
I'd say the 3 guys with STL beside there name or the two with PHI and Jason Donald

yankswin27
07-15-2009, 01:54 PM
What would you guys want from the Yankees in return for Halladay?

blujaysrock
07-15-2009, 01:56 PM
What would you guys want from the Yankees in return for Halladay?

It would probably have to start with Hughes or Joba and end with lot's of prospects

laker18
07-15-2009, 02:17 PM
some prospects that ive heard about and think would be good for they jays would be:
Giants-Madison Bumgarner, Buster posey, Matt Cain(main part of a deal)

Rangers-Justin Smoak, Neftali Feliz

Phillies-Dominic Brown, Michael Taylor, Kyle Drabek, Jason Donald, JA Haap

Colorado-Troy Tulowizki, Ubaldo Jimenez(both centerpieces of deal), Ian stewart, Jhoulys Chacin, Christian Friedrich

St Louis-Colby Rasmus, Adam Wainwright, Brett Wallace

LA Angels-Brandon Wood, Ervin Santana

LA Dodgers-Cloyton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley,

These are just afe players who possibly mgiht be available in a deal for halladay. Alot will probably not eb available but some of these players would be good for the team in return for him if he is dealt. Personaly i like the giants and rangers prospects.

Cooshman
07-15-2009, 02:50 PM
some prospects that ive heard about and think would be good for they jays would be:

Colorado-Troy Tulowizki, Ubaldo Jimenez(both centerpieces of deal), Ian stewart, Jhoulys Chacin, Christian Friedrich

These are just afe players who possibly mgiht be available in a deal for halladay. Alot will probably not eb available but some of these players would be good for the team in return for him if he is dealt. Personaly i like the giants and rangers prospects.

Rangers looks best to me but would have to be expanded....Andrus and probably Holland as well - with maybe a reliever (B. League) coming back with Halladay to Rangers.

yankswin27
07-15-2009, 03:01 PM
It would probably have to start with Hughes or Joba and end with lot's of prospects

Thanks man, that's what I was assuming. Well I guess all we can do at this point is sit back and wait to see what happens.

dman_39
07-15-2009, 03:57 PM
If they trade him to the Yanks or Boston; it shows they have no integrity at all. I will never watch another baseball game as long as I live.

dman_39
07-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Joba is overrated

Canadian hemi
07-15-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't even like talking about trade doc!!!!

2009mvp
07-15-2009, 05:12 PM
If they trade him to the Yanks or Boston; it shows they have no integrity at all. I will never watch another baseball game as long as I live.

If Boston offered up Buchholtz, Lars and say, Bard, what does integrity have to do with accepting the best offer?

iggypop123
07-15-2009, 05:41 PM

i guess the dodgers wont even be calling for halladay. those are untouchable players. not prospects. every day players for us

dman_39
07-15-2009, 06:48 PM
They will have no integrity because you do not sell out and trade teams to your interdivisional rivals.

TO to the CHI
07-15-2009, 08:16 PM
They will have no integrity because you do not sell out and trade teams to your interdivisional rivals.

coherence is your friend

TO to the CHI
07-15-2009, 08:18 PM
i guess the dodgers wont even be calling for halladay. those are untouchable players. not prospects. every day players for us

I agree
why are the Dodgers fans so difficult about this situation

As a Jays fan, I understand that you don't want to (won't) trade Bills, Kershaw, Kemp, etc. But the Dodgers farm is not good enough to get him then. So let's all just stop posting rumors about the Dodgers. Roy isn't going to LA. If the NLCS has Halladay and the Phils in Game 7 against LA, I am sure the Dodgers fans will be thrilled to have Bills/Kershaw taking the hill for them.

TuborgP
07-15-2009, 09:31 PM
I agree
why are the Dodgers fans so difficult about this situation

As a Jays fan, I understand that you don't want to (won't) trade Bills, Kershaw, Kemp, etc. But the Dodgers farm is not good enough to get him then. So let's all just stop posting rumors about the Dodgers. Roy isn't going to LA. If the NLCS has Halladay and the Phils in Game 7 against LA, I am sure the Dodgers fans will be thrilled to have Bills/Kershaw taking the hill for them.

Sure will for this year and the next five. You forget that Bills is our number one and Kershaw our hottest pitcher right now. Who do you suggest we replace them with? Also if you want Kemp who do we replace his five tool production with? Yes we will be happy to keep them just like we were when Baltimore wanted the younger unproven versions of them for Eric Bedard. Just get use to seeing them still in Dodger uniforms for a long time rocking baseball. Hopefully you will get to see Doc in Toronto as the Blue Jays rock the AL East. While you may find a customer to help rebuild your team don't expect to see the above mentioned players in Toronto. I am sure you will love the Philly package and don't need us.

PhilPhranchise
07-16-2009, 09:40 AM

so not that it would happen, but you wouldn't take a package of Hughes, Austin Jackson, Jesus Montero along with another prospect and would rather get 2 draft picks when he leaves after next season just to say you kept him from going to NY?

PhilPhranchise
07-16-2009, 09:41 AM

That's why teams are in places like they are to begin with. They fail to do whats best for the team. If I was a Yankees fan and the Jays offered me the best deal for say someone like A-Rod, it makes sense to move him for the best offer no matter what division it is

TO to the CHI
07-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Sure will for this year and the next five. You forget that Bills is our number one and Kershaw our hottest pitcher right now. Who do you suggest we replace them with? Also if you want Kemp who do we replace his five tool production with? Yes we will be happy to keep them just like we were when Baltimore wanted the younger unproven versions of them for Eric Bedard. Just get use to seeing them still in Dodger uniforms for a long time rocking baseball. Hopefully you will get to see Doc in Toronto as the Blue Jays rock the AL East. While you may find a customer to help rebuild your team don't expect to see the above mentioned players in Toronto. I am sure you will love the Philly package and don't need us.

Thank you for avoiding my question about a game 7? I assume I know your answer.

My point was that I accept that those players are all untouchable. I am fine with it as a Jays fan. The Dodgers simply can't get Halladay then. No big deal really. But why do Dodgers fans keep proposing other offers?

And, I will love the Philly package if it involves Drabek.