PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Michael Redd to Dallas for Eric Dampier

JordansBulls
07-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Source: Brewhoop (http://www.brewhoop.com/2009/7/11/945858/rumors-of-a-redd-removal)

There is a semi serious offer on the table between the Bucks and the Mavs with the main players being Michael Redd and Eric Dampier (expiring). The general idea is that the Mavs feel they might be one more scorer away from contending with the WConf elite, and that the Bucks are ready for a total rebuild

If Dallas can get Redd for that then they will have:

PG Kidd
SG Redd
SF Howard/Marion
PF Dirk
C Gortat

nygiants242
07-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Ridiculous lineup

Ragun
07-12-2009, 10:25 AM
orlando might match the magic offer so that leaves them with no center.

they lost bass too...

NYKnickFanatic
07-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Wow, Redd for Dampier?!

Come on Milwauake, you can do better than that.

North Yorker
07-12-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm guessin if this goes down then they trade Howard??

I'm not sure if Redd is an upgrade over Josh but hey if they can get him for friggen Eric Dampier than it would obviously be a good move for them.

Wilson
07-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Wow...

GodsSon
07-12-2009, 10:39 AM
if the Bucks do this, then they should just cease to exist as an NBA team...first, they let CV walk for nothing, then gave up RJ for nothing, now might give up Redd for nothing??...at the very least, load up on picks for these guys instead of just taking back expirings...terrible trade if it goes through

Shaddix
07-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Wow damn, and don't forget that not only do the Mavs have Marion on the bench, but they also have Terry, the sixth man of the year.

AntwanN21
07-12-2009, 10:44 AM
I cant see Marion or Howard wanting to come off the bench if this happens,

However if dirk can slide to the 5 they have a crazy good lineup.

PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Michael Redd
SF:Josh Howard
PF: Shawn Marion
C: Dirk Novitski(I will never spell that right)

Living Legend
07-12-2009, 10:48 AM
HAHHAHAHAHAHA

Redd for Erica Dampier???

This would be the most lopsided trade since Nash was traded for Dampier

Acekicker123
07-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Two things:

#1 - Don't think Eric Dampier is an expiring this season.

#2 - Wouldn't Houston be able to build a better package involving Tmac's expiring?

b_rad23
07-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I think you're right on both of those.

It's probably something more like Dampier, Barea, and picks and it probably won't happen.

If you're going to trade for an expiring, why not go for a really big expiring and send Gadzuric with Redd. That way, you get a useful player for a year and you actually accomplish something in your rebuilding effort in stead of giving the Mavs a gift.

elpirata224
07-12-2009, 11:07 AM
If Milwakee does this trade
I will officially declare them the worst Franchise of this Decade

They lost Villanueva,Jefferson, and might loose Redd for what

Villanueva- FA
Jefferson- Role players
Redd- Dampier???? really??

cowboyz180
07-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Two things:

#2 - Wouldn't Houston be able to build a better package involving Tmac's expiring?
i douht Huston would trade with the mavs because they are division rivals.

cowboyz180
07-12-2009, 11:12 AM
if this trade goes through i think the lineup should be:
PG- Kidd
SG- Redd
SF- Howard
PF- Marion
C- Nowitzki
I would rather have rip.

astrosmaniac
07-12-2009, 11:18 AM

he meant that houston would make a better package for the bucks than the mavs would

DaPrimeTime21
07-12-2009, 11:20 AM

He was talking about houston making a package for Redd I believe. So the Mavs would no longer be involved...

hgtiger32
07-12-2009, 11:24 AM
as a bucks fan i can pretty much guarantee that Michael Redd will not be traded

mainly because:it was assumed that last offseason either mo williams or redd was going to get traded and then this offseason either Jefferson and Redd....so...sorry dallas fans to get your hopes up but it's not gona happen

The Trade would be something like Redd and Gadzuric for Dampier, 2 future first round picks - probably lottery protected

redd is what will put people in seats for milwaukee - thus makes money for the bucks

***if anything something like this would happen around the trade deadline if the mavs still need a 2 and the bucks are really far out

SouljahPhil...
07-12-2009, 11:24 AM
lol...Bucks will be so stupid doing that deal....trade with Houston....

hgtiger32
07-12-2009, 11:27 AM
by the way it sounds like a real s***y source...i mean come on...that's like me saying well my dad's brother who goes to brewers fantasy camp was talking with Robin Yount this spring and he said he was talking with a friend of his brother who sells beer at the Brewer game and said that "he has inside information on a ryan braun trade"

I mean seriously...anyone could make that ******* up

hgtiger32
07-12-2009, 11:34 AM
where do some of these PSD guys find this b.s.?

NYtilIdie
07-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Thats a crazy line-up, but howard or marion will refuse to come off the bench especially with Terry being the 6th man so bad idea

Hustla23
07-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Thats a crazy line-up, but howard or marion will refuse to come off the bench especially with Terry being the 6th man so bad idea

Yeah. I can't imagine all those guys getting adequate playing time.

Too bad they lost out on Bass. That is a huge loss.

But Marion + Gortat is a very awesome move IMO.

Easily makes Dallas contenders.

Ni55anpat
07-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Dont forget about Terry off the bench ....damn

ctitus45
07-12-2009, 11:54 AM
I'd rather go after Rip Hamilton. Redd is coming off some serious injury. Either one would be awesome but im not holding my breath for this one.

fairandbalanced
07-12-2009, 11:54 AM
:speechless:

ctitus45
07-12-2009, 11:57 AM
by the way it sounds like a real s***y source...i mean come on...that's like me saying well my dad's brother who goes to brewers fantasy camp was talking with Robin Yount this spring and he said he was talking with a friend of his brother who sells beer at the Brewer game and said that "he has inside information on a ryan braun trade"

I mean seriously...anyone could make that ******* up

hahaha yeah. the source could be whatever...but how that information came to whoever posted that sounds pretty sketchy. let me know when something real is happening.

st3voness
07-12-2009, 12:07 PM
PG- Kidd
SG- Redd
SF- Howard
PF- Marion
C- Nowitzki
I would rather have rip.

Please tell me you're joking.

st3voness
07-12-2009, 12:08 PM
If this trade does happen, Dallas and LA are the teams to beat.

jimbobjarree
07-12-2009, 12:23 PM
lol Dallas are gunna have one hella old team...zimmerframes at the ready

DaoudS
07-12-2009, 12:24 PM
if the bucks do this deal - they should be sold to a third world country the next minute. I would be fuming if I was a Milwaukee fan. For their sake, I hope this doesn't happen.

Tom81
07-12-2009, 12:28 PM
yeah bucks like giveup good players to the mavs for nothing...
dirk for traylor and now redd for dempier..nice

BTownTeamsRKing
07-12-2009, 12:29 PM
why is eric dampier worth anything close to hamilton or redd? yea i know the expiring contract. but if they trade for dampier straight up, they need to be extracted from the league.

The Mavs would be very tough. maybe even NBA FINALS.

Giannis94
07-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Ok, I am a Bucks fan but all the teams that compete have never been a rebuilding team. The Bucks have been trying to rebuild for the last 3 years and this year is their last before you start seeing improvement, major improvment.

st3voness
07-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Dallas v Boston anybody? :shrug:

blah-blah
07-12-2009, 12:32 PM
bucks last place in NBA this year?possibly

BkOriginalOne
07-12-2009, 12:35 PM
This deal can't and won't happen.
No GM is THIS dumb!
I can understand rebuilding and wanting to start over, but Redd (you're only player capable of putting up over 20ppg for an aging center. You can't start over with a core that consists of jennings, sessions, alexender and bogut.
Cap Space vs. Humiliation.
One thing's certain, if this happens their getting the number 1 pick next year in the summer of 2010. I don't know how scott skiles would feel about this. They need to rebuild like OKC and Memphis are doing. Not by shipping away decent all star level talent for aging bigs. Go get a starting 2 or 3.

BkOriginalOne
07-12-2009, 12:35 PM
How about Michael Redd for Boozer?

cowboyz180
07-12-2009, 12:38 PM
he meant that houston would make a better package for the bucks than the mavs would

oh...

cvburg
07-12-2009, 12:38 PM
whats funny is i play the bucks in a 2k9 association and i did this trade but also got gerald green and a second rounder haha

_Supreme_
07-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Dampier is not an expiring contract. He is owed $10 million next season, and $13 million in 2009/2010.

Take a look at both teams' rosters and payroll (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm). Dallas would have to include additional salary to make this deal legal, and they only have two players with expiring contracts (Barea and Shawne Williams for a total of $4 million).

The best Milwaukee could get out of this next season is some insignificant salary/luxury tax relief, if that is what they are after. About $3 or $4 million probably. So does it make sense for them to even consider this mock of a deal right now? No it doesn't.

I'm calling BS on this whole rumor.

cowboyz180
07-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Please tell me you're joking.
michael redd is better, but he's coming off an injury. Who knows if he'll come back and recover fully... rip is the safer choice. He may even come a little cheaper....

LE-SHAQ
07-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Dampier is not an expiring contract. He is owed $10 million next season, and $13 million in 2009/2010.

Take a look at both teams' rosters and payroll (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm). Dallas would have to include additional salary to make this deal legal, and they only have two players with expiring contracts (Barea and Shawne Williams for a total of $4 million).

The best Milwaukee could get out of this next season is some insignificant salary/luxury tax relief, if that is what they are after. About $3 or $4 million probably. So does it make sense for them to even consider this mock of a deal right now? No it doesn't.

i agree the will not do this

yojoe792
07-12-2009, 12:44 PM
There's just no room for him at this point. They'd have to play Shawn Marion and Jason Terry of the bench. Not going to happen.

Redd also needs to be a 1st scoring option. He's never been part of a "team" before, so even if the Mavs make this move, I don't think it improves them all that much unless they trade Howard or Terry.

ctitus45
07-12-2009, 12:48 PM

09/10 is a team option that definitely will not get picked up. so yeah, essentially it is an expiring contract.

thedfactor
07-12-2009, 12:56 PM
lol Dallas are gunna have one hella old team...zimmerframes at the readyIf they trade is basically Dampier and Redd, Dallas actually gets a bit younger...AND way more talented if Dallas' training staff can work with Redd and get him in a system that keeps his body strong and healthy for a full season. Dallas will be dangerous if this happens. However, like someone said, Gortat needs to be official before something like this goes down.

b_rad23
07-12-2009, 12:58 PM
09/10 is a team option that definitely will not get picked up. so yeah, essentially it is an expiring contract.

Not according to the link in his post.

tc2deuce
07-12-2009, 12:58 PM
an all-star for a 6th man....sounds fair to me .. howard is on his way out

MaHaRaJaH
07-12-2009, 12:59 PM
highway Robbery

akagiredsuns
07-12-2009, 01:01 PM

they lost bass too...

um newsflash orlando signing bass means they wont match gortat. u think they will pay gortat $34M for 5 years? orlando doesnt want to flirt with luxury tax territory. dallas and orlando simply switched players. know ur news.

st3voness
07-12-2009, 01:03 PM

His name is Greg Buckner. 4 million salary, 1 million buyout.

bumblebee
07-12-2009, 01:03 PM
lol the bucks are gonna be last overall in the nba haha the thunder will be better than them! (thunder will be good in the next 3-4 years tho) an wnba team can beat them. who will the bucks have? ridnour? bowen? lol

Young2Kinsler
07-12-2009, 01:04 PM

Wrong on every end. Dampiers contract becomes an expiring after this season b/c his last year turns into a team option if he does not average 28 MPG, which he didn't last season, nor will he this year. That in effect is a 13 Mil expiring deal.

Second, Dallas has more expirings than you mention. They just aquired Greg Buckner, who has a 4 M expiring, with a buyout option I believe.

While I think this source is poop myself, you could see a deal like this happen for Milwaukee or Dallas, not meaning they would actually trade together.

2 Scenarios
Bucks get:
Dampier
Buckner
2011 1st round pick
2012 2nd round pick

Mavs get:
Redd

Another possibility
Bucks get:
Dampier
Howard

Dallas gets:
Redd
Gadzuric

The second option depends on if Dallas is pushed to the edge and decides that taking on the salary now also brings them the best chance to win a title in the next 2-3 years. Either way, far fetched, but the deals really could work.

bumblebee
07-12-2009, 01:04 PM
this isnt a good resource any way

carter15
07-12-2009, 01:05 PM
um newsflash orlando signing bass means they wont match gortat. u think they will pay gortat $34M for 5 years? orlando doesnt want to flirt with luxury tax territory. dallas and orlando simply switched players. know ur news.

i love when ppl insult other posters and they have absolutely NOTHING to back up what their saying...even tho the magic may not keep Gortat its really anybodys guess what they do at this point..if they want they can keep him no matter what...so u buddy shud no ur news.

Young2Kinsler
07-12-2009, 01:07 PM
this isnt a good resource any way

Great point from some one with only 22 posts. We are all getting worked up about this, and it's nothing but some heresay rumor, I think its complete garbage myself.

richardle9
07-12-2009, 01:15 PM
thats a good trade because dampier is one of the best centers in the league

st3voness
07-12-2009, 01:20 PM
I think Milwaukee is really high on Jodie Meeks if they trade away Redd. :D

dtmagnet
07-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Wow that would be great for Dallas, I would guess that would mean the end of Howard? Or am I mistaken, maybe a Dallas fan could give me their opinion on that.

Young2Kinsler
07-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Wow that would be great for Dallas, I would guess that would mean the end of Howard? Or am I mistaken, maybe a Dallas fan could give me their opinion on that.

This would be the last year of Howards guaranteed money, the next season is a team option, so they could be preparing in case he walks. Also they could deal him in a trade for the right kind of SG, like Redd.

Bucks24226
07-12-2009, 01:32 PM
:mad::(:horse::sigh::ohno::hide::guns::bs::puke:Ba didea:faint::censored::bang::crazy::down::cry:

Kjthunder
07-12-2009, 01:35 PM
i hate to tell the bucks fans, but the thunder will be better than them whether or not this trade goes down this year

_Supreme_
07-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Apparently more than half of the salary information sites out there had never heard of this either. All these weird contract details popping up are rediculous as far as I'm concerned.

"Hey, we will sign you, but we found a little loophole in the NBA's contract system so we can cheat if we want to and get rid of you cheap".

And why would Dampier('s agent) agree with "not fully guaranteed" to begin with?

I understand it's probably a way for the NBA to let teams handle players with injury issues, but in reality it's just retarted. Teams will just sit players if they want to, so they could just as well have made it a team option straight away instead of giving it a different name and causing weird situations.

Imo it shouldn't be allowed except for medical reasons. If a contract would read that a player doesn't get his last year guaranteed if he doesn't play 28 minutes per game because he isn't medically capable I would have no problem with it, but this is just stupid.

The NBA is getting funnier every day, and not in a positive way.

Verbal Christ
07-12-2009, 01:40 PM
LOL, ***** it maybe cuban should just go steinbrenner on the league and pay the same amount in luxury tax as his current payroll, im sure OKC, memphis and all the other struggling franchises would love that, and in the end it still wont be enough because the star of the franchise is still half a woman and as long as he is a mav this team will never win the ring.

BlinkManJan02
07-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Redd's my favorite player, if this happens i will be so mad.

Giannis94
07-12-2009, 02:00 PM
This trade wint happen because they were talking about the 5 pick in the draft for redd before the draft.

Jahari Kavi
07-12-2009, 02:00 PM
LOL, ***** it maybe cuban should just go steinbrenner on the league and pay the same amount in luxury tax as his current payroll, im sure OKC, memphis and all the other struggling franchises would love that, and in the end it still wont be enough because the star of the franchise is still half a woman and as long as he is a mav this team will never win the ring.

lmao....I agree on Dirk, but if Redd were to stay healthy, Dallas would have a lot of offensive firepower to say the least.

thedfactor
07-12-2009, 02:01 PM
LOL, ***** it maybe cuban should just go steinbrenner on the league and pay the same amount in luxury tax as his current payroll, im sure OKC, memphis and all the other struggling franchises would love that, and in the end it still wont be enough because the star of the franchise is still half a woman and as long as he is a mav this team will never win the ring.You can't be serious. Just because Dirk doesn't show his toughness by punching people, talking smack, and unnecessary fouls I guess he's not viewed as a whole man. He's hands down one of the league's fiercest competitors along with being durable as any player. He works his butt off nearly non-stop even during the off season. Men who work than hard and compete at that level are not half woman, those who sit around and talk about them in that light, more likely are.:clap:

Jahari Kavi
07-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Dont forget about Terry off the bench ....damn

exactly.....a lot of people were leaving him out the equation.

EastCoastBaller
07-12-2009, 02:03 PM
They still have J. Terry.... damn the Mavericks would be the team to beat in the West IMO.

Jahari Kavi
07-12-2009, 02:03 PM
You can't be serious. Just because Dirk doesn't show his toughness by punching people, talking smack, and unnecessary fouls I guess he's not viewed as a whole man. He's hands down one of the league's fiercest competitors along with being durable as any player. He works his butt off nearly non-stop even during the off season. Men who work than hard and compete at that level are not half woman, those who sit around and talk about them in that light, more likely are.:clap:

I will never question Dirks effort, but I have always said that he's soft when it counts the most......

Storch
07-12-2009, 02:09 PM
That would be insanity.

Tisoykeis
07-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Milwaukee should trade Redd for Boozer. The Jazz have made it clear Boozer is available and is a much better player than dampier.

Verbal Christ
07-12-2009, 02:14 PM
screw it cuban should just go after lebron,wade bosh and kobe while he's at it.

st3voness
07-12-2009, 02:15 PM
screw it cuban should just go after lebron,wade bosh and kobe while he's at it.

He will try, don't get me wrong. ;)

Verbal Christ
07-12-2009, 02:16 PM
You can't be serious. Just because Dirk doesn't show his toughness by punching people, talking smack, and unnecessary fouls I guess he's not viewed as a whole man. He's hands down one of the league's fiercest competitors along with being durable as any player. He works his butt off nearly non-stop even during the off season. Men who work than hard and compete at that level are not half woman, those who sit around and talk about them in that light, more likely are.:clap:

he doesnt have to show his toughness with punching people, play better when it counts, thats it. dude is a regular season hero no doubt, in the playoffs? not so much, and in that finals appearance? uggh. nuff said. oh and sorry if i offended you by calling your fave player a woman, i mean half a woman.

NYMetros
07-12-2009, 02:21 PM
he doesnt have to show his toughness with punching people, play better when it counts, thats it. dude is a regular season hero no doubt, in the playoffs? not so much, and in that finals appearance? uggh. nuff said. oh and sorry if i offended you by calling your fave player a woman, i mean half a woman.

Agreed. The regular season numbers and accolades mean nothing if he can't get it done in the money season.

Verbal Christ
07-12-2009, 02:23 PM
^^ no doubt, i mean we have to deal with tracy mcgrady around here, so i know a regular season phony when i see one. speaking of, since you like regular season stats so much (even playoff stats for tracy) we'll trade you mcgrady for dampier plus some fluff, make it happen "D" you got it figured out.

tland22
07-12-2009, 02:24 PM
why wouldnt they go for Tyson Chandler for Michael Redd? Id be talking to the Hornets ASAP if they are settling for this garbage?!

Halladay
07-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Very lopsided deal. Anyway, this is one of those deals where I wonder if their's enough ball to go around. Don't get me wrong, it's a good problem to have but it would be tough to me all those starters happy assuming the starting lineup is Kidd, Marion, Redd, Dirk and Gortec.

thedfactor
07-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Dirk has excellent moments in the playoffs mixed with bad ones. Not many players excel in the playoffs each year, so if Dirk isn't in that company, well then so be the case. He's not Jordan, Kobe, or Shaq elite. Not many will be outside LeBron, Wade, maybe CP3.

No offense taken either. I'm used to Dirk is soft talk. I just don't agree a stud season player as you said, who at times folded in the playoffs makes him half woman...haha

st3voness
07-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Dirk played lights out this previous postseason so I don't want to hear that garbage. Denver just simply outmatched us. Dirk is a class act, soft or not.

Ovratd1up
07-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Their main rotation would be

Kidd/ Barea
Redd/ Terry
Howard/ Marion/ Redd
Nowitski/ Marion
Gortat/ Nowitski

zambo4president
07-12-2009, 02:41 PM
What the ****? :bs:

Reyes6
07-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Um... Rockets... Michael Redd... Come to Butthead.

st3voness
07-12-2009, 02:48 PM
My dream lineup heading into next season.

PG Jason Kidd / Rodrigue Beaubois / J.J. Barea
SG Michael Redd / Jason Terry / Rashad McCants
SF Shawn Marion / Josh Howard / Matt Barnes
PF Dirk Nowitzki / Ahmad Nivins*
C Marcin Gortat / Nathan Jawai

Inactive: Matt Carroll, Shawne Williams, Ahmad Nivins*

astrosmaniac
07-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Apparently more than half of the salary information sites out there had never heard of this either. All these weird contract details popping up are rediculous as far as I'm concerned.

"Hey, we will sign you, but we found a little loophole in the NBA's contract system so we can cheat if we want to and get rid of you cheap".

And why would Dampier('s agent) agree with "not fully guaranteed" to begin with?

I understand it's probably a way for the NBA to let teams handle players with injury issues, but in reality it's just retarted. Teams will just sit players if they want to, so they could just as well have made it a team option straight away instead of giving it a different name and causing weird situations.

Imo it shouldn't be allowed except for medical reasons. If a contract would read that a player doesn't get his last year guaranteed if he doesn't play 28 minutes per game because he isn't medically capable I would have no problem with it, but this is just stupid.

well if its true, then dampier's agent is just an idiot. no one FORCED this to be in his contract, he agreed to it.

Young2Kinsler
07-12-2009, 02:53 PM

Yeah Dirk is such a slouch in the playoffs. Almost 26 PPG and 11 RBP, he is clearly always the reason Dallas loses in the playoffs. His career regular season numbers match his playoff numbers. Please don't come in here with your uneducated ********. O and about the finals run, Dirk was bad then too, when he had one of his BEST playoffs EVER at 27PPG and 12 boards. As you would like to say... you are a fool, NUFF SAID.

Young2Kinsler
07-12-2009, 02:55 PM
well if its true, then dampier's agent is just an idiot. no one FORCED this to be in his contract, he agreed to it.

Dampiers agent is an idiot? Did you see the contract he's had? It was a great deal for him , so if he's an "idiot" for giving Dallas one little out at the backend of Dampiers career, then I guess so, lmao.

thedfactor
07-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah Dirk is such a slouch in the playoffs. Almost 26 PPG and 11 RBP, he is clearly always the reason Dallas loses in the playoffs. His career regular season numbers match his playoff numbers. Please don't come in here with your uneducated ********. O and about the finals run, Dirk was bad then too, when he had one of his BEST playoffs EVER at 27PPG and 12 boards. As you would like to say... you are a fool, NUFF SAID.Thank you. :cheers:

st3voness
07-12-2009, 02:56 PM

Mark Cuban is a genius at contracts. He puts in incentives that he knows the player can not accomplish (and, most of the time, the player knows it too), but Erick Dampier's agent gets to proudly say, "I got my client a 5-year, ??-million dollar deal" even though the last year is not fully guaranteed. It's a pride game. Fair? Probably not, but it sets up our team for amazing offseasons in the future.

Akagaminosteven
07-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Sorry, I really haven't been paying attention to money issues, even though the Mavs are my team. If this was to go down, are the Mavs pretty much silent in the 2010 offseason?

st3voness
07-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Sorry, I really haven't been paying attention to money issues, even though the Mavs are my team. If this was to go down, are the Mavs pretty much silent in the 2010 offseason?

Yeah. All we'll have is our MLE. And maybe deal J-Ho, but this pretty much will lock us up. I'm not complaining though; that potential roster will make us contenders for a while.

JDizzle
07-12-2009, 03:01 PM
good i hope this happens for micheal redd finally play on a contender and get noticed

UltimateMVP22
07-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Redd is too good for just Dampier. You better get some draft picks or Josh Howard for Redd.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Wow that trade would be a little lopsided, wouldn't it? Redd is an all star and dampier is garbage

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-12-2009, 03:14 PM
What a dumb trade by the bucks.... IF it goes down

ko8e24
07-12-2009, 03:14 PM
as a bucks fan i can pretty much guarantee that Michael Redd will not be traded

mainly because:it was assumed that last offseason either mo williams or redd was going to get traded and then this offseason either Jefferson and Redd....so...sorry dallas fans to get your hopes up but it's not gona happen

The Trade would be something like Redd and Gadzuric for Dampier, 2 future first round picks - probably lottery protected

redd is what will put people in seats for milwaukee - thus makes money for the bucks

***if anything something like this would happen around the trade deadline if the mavs still need a 2 and the bucks are really far out

uuuhhhhh, maybe like 3 yrs ago. he's been pretty nonexistent since like 06. the only thing thats even made him relevant this past yr was winning the gold in the olympics, but he sparingly played there too.

countrycasanova
07-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Dampier is not an expiring; '09/10 will make 10 mil and '10/11 will make 13 mil

JordansBulls
07-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Two things:

His money is unguaranteed in 2010-2011.

McPeak92
07-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Redd is injury prone and on bad contract, i can understand this for the bucks.

nrvana
07-12-2009, 03:28 PM
dampier's contract is incentive based and NON-GUARANTEED this next offseason. we've already discussed this in the mavs forums and there are links talking about just dampier's contract alone and what it can bring.

we can be major players in the 2010 FA using damp's contract in a sign and trade for a max player.

thedfactor
07-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Dampier is not an expiring; '09/10 will make 10 mil and '10/11 will make 13 milHave you not been reading any previous posts regarding this? This upcoming year is the last guaranteed year on his contract. In order for him to make that 13 mil which is an option/incentive, he would have to play 28 MPG this season. Since that is highly unlikely, his contract virtually is an expiring.

Trouble87
07-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Redd is coming off a serious injury, he's 29, has a huge contract, and he's a ball hog

Milwake is smart for getting rid of that ridiculously large contract, Redd is damaged goods

-------------------------------

I wonder who the second player Dallas will have to add to make the salaries match?

ctitus45
07-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Dirk is a league MVP. Dirk is the greatest player to put on a Mavs uniform and took us to our only NBA Finals. He doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves around the league. He is a 7 footer who plays like a guard! You will never see a player of his talent level to have his success in the NBA....He is a hall of famer. Did you even watch him in the WCF in 2006 against the Spurs? He put the team on his shoulders in that game 7.

He is one of the best players in the NBA today. If Dirk was on your team you would see what everyone is talking about. He is a top 10 player in the NBA.

ctitus45
07-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Michael Redd should have signed with Cleveland before he signed that fat contract with Milwaukee. He has to be the man. He didn't wanna go be "LeBron's sidekick"

He's talented yes. but i could do without him on the roster. There's a handful of SG's we could have a shot of getting that would be a better fit for us than Redd.

Kakaroach
07-12-2009, 03:37 PM
What a dumb trade for the Bucks. Dumbest off-season I have ever seen. :pity: What's next? Trade Andrew Bogut for Eddy Curry?

Young2Kinsler
07-12-2009, 04:05 PM
What a dumb trade for the Bucks. Dumbest off-season I have ever seen. :pity: What's next? Trade Andrew Bogut for Eddy Curry?

You act like this is even a real rumor, CMON, this is some kid reporting crap, people ****ing need to relax.

IversonIsKrazy
07-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Kidd/Redd/Howard/Marion/Nowitzki

HOLY CRAPP!!! I dont think Eric has an expiring though :S Houston should trade T-Mac for him.

IversonIsKrazy
07-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Pretty retarted if Milwaukee does this.

Letting Charlie-V go. Trade Jefferson for crap. Redd for Dampier. Its like there rebuilding are Bogut & Sessions.

Verbal Christ
07-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah Dirk is such a slouch in the playoffs. Almost 26 PPG and 11 RBP, he is clearly always the reason Dallas loses in the playoffs. His career regular season numbers match his playoff numbers. Please don't come in here with your uneducated ********. O and about the finals run, Dirk was bad then too, when he had one of his BEST playoffs EVER at 27PPG and 12 boards. As you would like to say... you are a fool, NUFF SAID.

tracy mcgrady has comparable numbers in both regular season, postseason and pussyitis. maybe they are related. i guess since they have comparable numbers that tmac is also a hall of famer, GOAT etc... etc... according to the educated dallas opinion. hilarious. love it when dallas fan gets riled up, keep chasing the dream baby!

Jahari Kavi
07-12-2009, 05:58 PM
tracy mcgrady has comparable numbers in both regular season, postseason and pussyitis. maybe they are related. i guess since they have comparable numbers that tmac is also a hall of famer, GOAT etc... etc... according to the educated dallas opinion. hilarious. love it when dallas fan gets riled up, keep chasing the dream baby!

lol....people need to stop getting caught up in stats.....

Raps18-19 Champ
07-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I bet the Cavs might involve themselves in the hunt for Redd by trading Big Z.

Big Z is expiring this season and is probably more servable that Dampier.

Maybe Redd for Big Z

C-Shaq, Smith, Jackson, Wright
PF-Varajao, Hickson
SF-Lebron, Parker, Kinsley
SG-Redd, West
PG-Williams, Gibson

French Suns Fan
07-12-2009, 06:16 PM
It s a fake no a rumor , why not Pau Gasol for his brother and Kwame Brown:)

asandhu23
07-12-2009, 06:24 PM
gah. ridiculous. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Giannis94
07-12-2009, 06:29 PM
WOw this trade is not happening at all. There are rumors that the bucks may trade redd to the rockets for aaron brooks on the milwaukee radio lines

ragee
07-12-2009, 06:31 PM

they lost bass too...

After the Magic signed Bass, it is very unlikely for them to match Gortat's offer because it is going to put them way over the salary cap...

MilwaukeeBAller
07-12-2009, 06:31 PM
brewerboy, really? was that just on? havent heard that yet

J_M_B
07-12-2009, 06:39 PM
PG- Jason Kidd
SG- Micheal Redd
SF- Josh Howard
PF- Shawn Marion
C- Dirk Nowitzki

6th-Jason Terry and Gorat on the bench :speechless:

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-12-2009, 06:43 PM
If that trade happens, maybe people will get off Chris Wallace's back. Looks like he was just ahead of the curb. Salary dumps are becoming quite popular in the NBA nowadays. He was just the first to do it. Looks like he is a pioneer

LA_Raiders
07-12-2009, 06:44 PM
lol, stupid trade....

Dal: Defence win Championships....

ctitus45
07-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Comparable numbers yeah...but don't get caught up in the stats.

Dirk has appeard in 9 playoffs and has racked up 97 games

Tmac has appeared in 7 playoffs and has racked up 38 games.

Dirk has an MVP trophy.

Tmac hasn't willed his team out of the first round.

Dirk has been to the finals.

Pussyitis? Last time i checked Dirk takes the floor with two crap ankles and two crap knees.

Tmac gets the sniffles and sits on the bench.

ShakeN'Bake
07-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Wow that would be a steal

xwashableclothx
07-12-2009, 07:22 PM
the dudes source is a season ticket holder....
thats like saying we are going to invade Canada next week, i know cause i voted for Obama haha

Bucks24226
07-12-2009, 07:33 PM
WOw this trade is not happening at all. There are rumors that the bucks may trade redd to the rockets for aaron brooks on the milwaukee radio lines

well than we wouldn't re sign Ramon and Ridnour should be in ther and we should get McGrady that sounds better Redd and Ridnour for Brooks and McGrady:D

mrblisterdundee
07-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Dallas isn't going to win a championship with that line-up either. It's time for them to rebuild.

Mr.Nate30
07-12-2009, 07:42 PM
milwaukee is not going to trade redd unless they get some good talent

dodie53
07-12-2009, 08:44 PM
if this trade goes through,
imo,
Howard will be traded for a big

goku
07-12-2009, 09:15 PM
PG- Kidd
SG- Redd
SF- Howard
PF- Marion
C- Nowitzki
I would rather have rip.

that line-up would be good on offense but suck to play defense dirk cant guard the 4 let alone the 5 timmy ,al jefferson ,lakers gasol and bynum combo would abuse yall

dodie53
07-12-2009, 09:26 PM
^^
that line up would be like the old mavs had,
nash
finley
jamison
dirk
walker

Lakergirl24
07-12-2009, 09:46 PM
If that trade goes through, then I think the Mavs have to be favored out West. That would be an insane lineup

gr824
07-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Two things:

Dampier's contract for 2010-2011 is not currently guaranteed -- if he manages to meet certain levels of performance during the whole term of his contract, then the final year becomes guaranteed. So, the short answer is that Dampier may or may not be an expiring contract player in 2009-2010 ...

no1baller
07-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Wow...

i agree

GoatMilk
07-12-2009, 10:15 PM
i just read that they are in talks now

jdricks
07-12-2009, 10:15 PM
The Bucks would have gotten raped in this trade, while the Mavs get a steal while along becoming the GSW or PHX or NYK

JordansBulls
07-12-2009, 10:50 PM
The Bucks would have gotten raped in this trade, while the Mavs get a steal while along becoming the GSW or PHX or NYK

The Bucks get rid of Redd's contract. They aren't going anywhere with that team.

BlondeBomber41
07-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Dampier's contract for 2010-2011 is not currently guaranteed -- if he manages to meet certain levels of performance during the whole term of his contract, then the final year becomes guaranteed. So, the short answer is that Dampier may or may not be an expiring contract player in 2009-2010 ...

The only thing he has to meet is play 28 minutes a game.... which guarantee you the Mavs wont let happen. He hasnt played that much since being a Mav, it wont start now.

Tha Truth
07-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Seems like Mavs are trying to get to back to the finals like 2005.

Resigning Kidd.
Adding Marion.
And now trying to get Redd, that would be a big move if they could pull it off.

ratedRBO
07-12-2009, 11:34 PM
I don't think MIL is stupid enough to do this. I reckon it's a package with Damp AND J-Ho. So that the salaries match. Added to that, J-Ho has a team option, together with Damp's expiring, and then they'd have cap space for the big 2010.

But yeah, I would prefer Rip. =)

thedfactor
07-13-2009, 12:01 AM
I really doubt that it would include Josh. First because it says the main pieces would be Redd and Damp, if JHo was involved there's no way his name would be left out. Also Dallas values Howard enough and the DUST chip to know better than to use both for just injury prone Michael Redd, granted he is pretty solid scorer WHEN healthy. No way is Jho going to Wisconsin in this deal.

Mavrix
07-13-2009, 12:49 AM
If this trade goes through I'd want to trade Josh Howard for a nice big like Emeka Okafur. We're missing size and defense up front even with Gortat. Okafur will give you around 10 ppg with that line up and a couple of blocks a game.

C- Okafur
PF- Nowitzki
SF- Marion
SG- Redd
PG- Kidd

Bench:

C- Gortat
PF- Singleton
SF- Ross
SG- Terry
PG- Barea

ctitus45
07-13-2009, 12:58 AM
i just read that they are in talks now

can you show us a more legit link?

st3voness
07-13-2009, 11:11 AM
It is being reported on Twitter by a respected insider that the Dallas Mavericks are discussing a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks which would send Eric Dampiers dangling contract for Michael Redd. Obviously, the contracts don't match, which could result in another player will likely be sent with Dampier.

Now this deal makes no sense to the Bucks along with the Jefferson deal – now that they have not resigned Villanueva. This team if resigned Villanueva along with most likely Sessions could have been a playoff team and should have been last year if it weren't for injuries.

The Mavericks would get a steal and be most likely in the conversation with Lakers and Spurs for Western Conference Champions. They would look a little thin up front if they are unable to get Gortat and that's 50/50 at the moment whether his offer from Dallas gets matched. Redd is a good shooter and can play instant offense.

This could turn out to be a huge false rumor, but for now this could be true and make another team among the pack for the NBa Title.

still not a reliable source, but we can all agree that the talks do actually exist.

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2009, 11:23 AM
I think Dallas will keep the Damp trade chip for next offseason, where there are more options to trade him to. That being said, this thing still has zero legs, so I don't know why people are over reacting.

cowboyz180
07-13-2009, 11:31 AM
I think Dallas will keep the Damp trade chip for next offseason, where there are more options to trade him to. That being said, this thing still has zero legs, so I don't know why people are over reacting.
yea, i doubt this will happen.

SB75
07-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Sick trade for the Mavs

daleja424
07-13-2009, 11:36 AM
If they get Redd is Howard going to get moved do you think? My gut is YES...

aWiLL 20
07-13-2009, 01:01 PM
I will never question Dirks effort, but I have always said that he's soft when it counts the most......

wow you absolutely never watch the mavs....lol

look at his performance against denver this yr....that says enough right there...it was one of, if not the best, individual performances in the playoffs this yr

JordansBulls
07-13-2009, 02:13 PM

Why do that when Dirk can opt out? Mavs should do what they can to try to win it all now.

Tony_Starks
07-13-2009, 02:58 PM
I didn't know the Bucks were smoking crack? Wait a minute..... they did trade Mo Williams for nothing and let Charlie V get away.... ok I guess this makes sense now!

st3voness
07-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Why do that when Dirk can opt out? Mavs should do what they can to try to win it all now.

Dirk is opting out to restructure his contract with Dallas.

JordansBulls
07-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Dirk is opting out to restructure his contract with Dallas.

I thought he wanted out?

Kobe4Life
07-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Repeat of Pau Gasol to the lakers for kwame. Probably not going to happen but if it does.

Spurred1
07-14-2009, 12:48 AM
I thought he wanted out?

He might want out now. Looks like the MBT didn't prepare for the possibility of a Magic match and had no plan b and Marion is a great addition, but the Mavs need a center capable of catching the ball and getting into the basket..too many ****ing problems...So who do you think would benefit from Dirk's services?

JordansBulls
07-14-2009, 07:52 AM
He might want out now. Looks like the MBT didn't prepare for the possibility of a Magic match and had no plan b and Marion is a great addition, but the Mavs need a center capable of catching the ball and getting into the basket..too many ****ing problems...So who do you think would benefit from Dirk's services?

Chicago.

Sportfan
07-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Source: Brewhoop (http://www.brewhoop.com/2009/7/11/945858/rumors-of-a-redd-removal)

If Dallas can get Redd for that then they will have:

PG Kidd
SG Redd
SF Howard/Marion
PF Dirk
C Gortat

You forgot terry. The mavs would have 4 good wings I would trade one for a center

Sportfan
07-14-2009, 10:03 AM
If this trade goes through I'd want to trade Josh Howard for a nice big like Emeka Okafur. We're missing size and defense up front even with Gortat. Okafur will give you around 10 ppg with that line up and a couple of blocks a game.

C- Okafur
PF- Nowitzki
SF- Marion
SG- Redd
PG- Kidd

Bench:

C- Gortat
PF- Singleton
SF- Ross
SG- Terry
PG- Barea
Okafor isn't moving