PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings

Hellcrooner
07-11-2009, 11:33 PM
as of now with the moves made how would you rank each Division?

IMO (playoff teams before separation)

Lakers ,Clippers, Suns , Kings, Warriors.

Spurs,Rockets,Mavs, Hornets, Grizzlies.

Jazz, Blazers, Thunder, Nuggets , Wolves

Celtics, Raps, sixers, Knicks, Nets.

Cavs, Pistons, BUlls, Pacers, BUcks.

Magic, Wizzards, Hawks, Bobcats, heat.

Tommyh1331
07-11-2009, 11:52 PM
I'll rep the southeast

1. Orlando (do you really see anyone taking it from them
2. Atlanta (upgrade with Jamal Crawford rest of team intact
3. Heat ( Wade carries team on back
4. Wizards (What would the wizards have done with a healthy Gilbert the past two years?
5. Bobcats (Team is ok, but not elite

GSW fan
07-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Lakers, Warriors, Suns, Clips, Kings

Spurs, Mavs, Hornets, Rockets, Grizzlies

Nuggets, Blazers, Jazz, Thunder, Wolves

Celtics, 6ers, Nets, Raps, Knicks (This one was tough; bottom 4 can go either way)

Cavs, Bulls, Pacers, Pistons, Bucks

Magic, Heat, Hawks, Wizards, Bobcats

JWO35
07-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Clippers ahead of the Suns Yeah Right :p

GSW fan
07-12-2009, 12:21 AM
BTW y would u snub warriors nuggs and heat?

carter15
07-12-2009, 12:21 AM

pretty awful rankings to be honest with u

Lakers, Suns, Warriors, Clippers, Kings

Spurs, Mavs, Hornets, Rockets, Grizz

Nuggets, Jazz, Blazers, Thunder Wolves

ur east is ok...dont c how u have the Heat been last in the division tho...the west as u can c i think is rly bad...how r nuggets so low when last year they were the 2nd best team in the West...and how r the rockets so high with yao out all year.

JWO35
07-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Central Division

1. Cleveland Cavaliers (Already good, just got better with Shaq)
2. Detroit Pisotns (May have lost Rasheed, but gained BG7 and CV31)
3. Chicago Bulls (Haven't made any key offseason moves, and lost Gordon)
4. Milwaukee Bucks (Lost Villanueva & RJ, but has an upcoming star in Sessions)
5. Indiana Pacers (No one but Danny Granger)

Lakersfan2483
07-12-2009, 12:48 AM

Top teams out West

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Blazers
5. Mavs
6. Hornets
7. Jazz
8. Rockets

Top teams out East

1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Cavs
4. Hawks
5. Wizards (Assuming that Arenas is healthy)
6. Heat
7. Pistons
8. Bulls

Division Leaders: Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets

Division Leaders: Celtics, Cavs, Magic

willthethrill22
07-12-2009, 12:49 AM
not being bias because I'm a warrior fan, but how do the kings go ahead of them. And the thunder over the Nuggets is crazy thinking.

Mile High Champ
07-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Top teams out West

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Blazers
5. Mavs
6. Hornets
7. Jazz
8. Rockets

Top teams out East

1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Cavs
4. Hawks
5. Wizards (Assuming that Arenas is healthy)
6. Heat
7. Pistons
8. Bulls

Arenas is not even a factor, washington will once again miss the playoffs, as will the pistons. The heat are also a team that could be in trouble. Wade can only do so much..

JWO35
07-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Arenas is not even a factor, washington will once again miss the playoffs, as will the pistons. The heat are also a team that could be in trouble. Wade can only do so much..

Your mad he left out Toronto? :rolleyes:

Lakersfan2483
07-12-2009, 12:55 AM

If Arenas can stay healthy, the Wizards have the talent to make the playoffs and will be a difficult out in the first round. They have a lot of talent, which includes: Caron Butler, Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison, Mike Miller, R. Foye, B. Haywood, which is more than enough to make it to the playoffs.

Miami is good enough to make the playoffs especially out East., they will be a lower seed, but still make the postseason none the less. Detroit also is good enough to make the playoffs as a lower seed.

Catfish1314
07-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Central: Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, Indiana
Southeast: Orlando, Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, Washington
Atlantic: Boston, Toronto, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York

Pacific: Lakers, Phoenix, GS, Sacramento, Clippers
Northwest: Denver, Portland, Utah, OKC, Minnesota
Southwest: San Antonio, Dallas, New Orleans, Houston, Memphis

Mile High Champ
07-12-2009, 01:05 AM
If Arenas can stay healthy, the Wizards have the talent to make the playoffs and will be a difficult out in the first round. They have a lot of talent, which includes: Caron Butler, Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison, Mike Miller, R. Foye, B. Haywood, which is more than enough to make it to the playoffs.

Miami is good enough to make the playoffs especially out East., they will be a lower seed, but still make the postseason none the less. Detroit also is good enough to make the playoffs as a lower seed.

Arenas is brutal, he scores 25 a game but gives up 40 on the defensive end each and every game. They are better team without him. I think the talent they have is overated, there are too many players on that team that need the ball to be effective, Jamison, Miller, Arneas and Foye comed to mind. They will not make the playoffs...

I am not sold on Miami at this point. They have yet to make a move to make their team better, the team looked worse after they got JO for marion. There year really depends on how well Beasely develops and there really is nothing to suggest he can be that much better in his second season..

Detroit is fine but they are very weak inside. Charlie V while being a good scorer from the wings does not have a great post game or good post defense. They will be exposed every game by their lack of size and strength in the paint. They could very well miss the playoffs I think...

MaHaRaJaH

That's a big if especially with Butler and Arenas

Mile High Champ
Your mad he left out Toronto? :rolleyes:

not really, its one person's opinion, he is free to think whatever he wants, does not mean I have to agree with it.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-12-2009, 09:21 AM
1. Boston
2. Clevland
3. Orlando
4. Alt
5. Washington
6. Detroit
7. Bulls
8. Charlotte

uncleben989
07-12-2009, 09:38 AM
1) Cleveland
2) Orlando
3) Boston
4) Washington
5) Toronto
6) Atlanta
7) Chicago
8) Detroit

AntwanN21
07-12-2009, 10:11 AM
East:

1.Boston
2.Cleveland
3.Orlando
4. Atlanta
5.Toronto
6.Detroit
7.Chicago
8.Washington or Miami

West:

1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Nuggets
4.Dallas
5.Portland
6.Hornets
7.Jazz
8.Phoenix

nads83
07-12-2009, 10:40 AM
1. orlando
2. toronto
3. cleveland
4. boston
5. washington
6. atlanta
7. detroit
8. bulls

nads83
07-12-2009, 10:42 AM
calderon/jack/ukic
wright/derozan/douby
turk/delfino/george
bosh/evans
bargnani/nesterovich/obryant

get familiar with our possible rotation for 2010

b_rad23
07-12-2009, 10:49 AM
There year really depends on how well Beasely develops and there really is nothing to suggest he can be that much better in his second season..

Agreed. He didn't average 20 and 8 in his last 8 regular season games. Players don't tend to make the biggest jump in their sophomore season. Also, he didn't lead rookies in per minute scoring or have a huge spike in his rebounding production near the end of the season. He wasn't 19 and 20 years old this season.

You're right though, there's really no evidence towards improvement. He's an immature punk who can't play defense and will always be a 13 point 5 rebound player off some team's bench.

Also:I don't see why everyone loves the Bulls for next year.

They lost arguably (probably) their best player for nothing. Now they're depending on a guy that hurt them more than he helped them next year to pick up the slack in Luol Deng.

Salmons sliding to the 2 won't be terrible, but there's a huge difference between Gordon-Salmons and Salmons-Deng.

Now none of their guys are particularly good shooters, no one can score in the paint and they can get bullied inside. These aren't good combos.

jsumadchat
07-12-2009, 11:28 AM
i cannot believe the love for the pistons and the wizards. the pistons are in shambles, plain and simple, theres no way they should be in the playoffs over the raps, let alone a higher seed! as for the wiz, you have a healthy lineup, yes.... but what does that do for the young prospects you have? gilbert, antawn, and caron are gonna want to play more than 35 mins a game, and you have to implement miller and foye? dont get me wrong, thats a scary rotation in itself, i just personally think it'll be a pipedream.

Johann
07-12-2009, 12:45 PM
i cannot believe the love for the pistons and the wizards. the pistons are in shambles, plain and simple, theres no way they should be in the playoffs over the raps, let alone a higher seed! as for the wiz, you have a healthy lineup, yes.... but what does that do for the young prospects you have? gilbert, antawn, and caron are gonna want to play more than 35 mins a game, and you have to implement miller and foye? dont get me wrong, thats a scary rotation in itself, i just personally think it'll be a pipedream.

i know, like in the other threads SOOO many people had the pistons at "playoff to lottery team of 2009/10"... and now suddenly they are 6th in the eastern conference.

just gotta win everything, do ya now..:rolleyes:

bumblebee
07-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Lakers, Suns, Clippers, Kings, Warriors.

Spurs, Rockets, Hornets, Mavs, Grizzlies.

Nuggets, Blazers, Jazz, Thunder,Wolves

Celtics, Raps, sixers,Nets, Knicks,

njnets
07-12-2009, 01:00 PM
why are so many people leaving out toronto? calderon/filler/turk/bosh/bargnani is a pretty good lineup.

tbomlad
07-12-2009, 01:03 PM
With the addition of Vince Carter, Brandon Bass, and Ryan Anderson, the Magic should be at the top of everyone's list. The additions of old men Shaq (Cavs) and Wallace (Celtics) cannot overcome an already better Magic team.

MaHaRaJaH
07-12-2009, 01:14 PM
why are so many people leaving out toronto? calderon/filler/turk/bosh/bargnani is a pretty good lineup.

I think that's changing now.

MVPedroia
07-12-2009, 01:34 PM
With the addition of Vince Carter, Brandon Bass, and Ryan Anderson, the Magic should be at the top of everyone's list. The additions of old men Shaq (Cavs) and Wallace (Celtics) cannot overcome an already better Magic team.

that already better Magic team lost Hedo. Celtics took them to game 7 without KEVIN GARNETT.

Magic will finish 3rd.

jrodmesche
07-12-2009, 01:39 PM

Man you ****ing lakers fan you would put the nuggets behind that thunder and blazers/ Also the heat behind the bobcats and the wizards **** u

GoldenState*
07-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Pacific
lakers
goldenstate
suns
clippers kings

IversonIsKrazy
07-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Pacific: Lakers, Warriors, Suns, Clippers, Kings. (Warriors & Suns are equally as bad on D, but i have to say that, Warriors have the better team.

SW: Spurs, Mavs, Hornets, Grizzlies, Rockets. (Rockets are going to be god-awful, and wont be able to score w/o t-mac & yao)

NW: Nuggets, Blazers, Jazz, Thunder, Wolves. (Thunder don't have a defensive-minded player on their starting line-up, and with Jazz having Milsap back, i c Jazz being a better team than THunder next year.)

Atlantic: Celtics, Raps, Sixers, Knicks, Nets.

Central: Cavs, Bulls, Pistons, Pacers, Bucks.

SE: Magic, Wizards, Hawks, Heat, Bobcats.

uncleben989
07-12-2009, 04:09 PM
that already better Magic team lost Hedo. Celtics took them to game 7 without KEVIN GARNETT.

Magic will finish 3rd.

altho i agree with u, magic will finish 3rd...a team can play with more drive in the playoffs with or without key players

eg. the HAWKS to u guys to game 7 with KEVIN GARNETT
just like the rockets took the lakers to game 7 without YAO for majority of the series

that reasoning means squat come playoff time

GSW fan
07-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Lakers, Suns, Clippers, Kings, Warriors.

Spurs, Rockets, Hornets, Mavs, Grizzlies.

Nuggets, Blazers, Jazz, Thunder,Wolves

Celtics, Raps, sixers,Nets, Knicks,

really?

mrblisterdundee
07-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Northwest:

1) Nuggets 2) Trailblazers 3) Jazz

Pacific:

1) Lakers 2) Warriors 3) Suns

Southwest:

1) Spurs 2) Mavericks 3) Hornets

Southeast:

1) Magic 2) Hawks 3) Wizards

Atlantic:

1) Celtics 2) Raptors 3) 76'ers

Central:

1) Cavaliers 2) Bulls 3) Pistons

CTown81
07-12-2009, 09:30 PM
@Nads.. HAHAH 2nd in east. I needed a good laugh. Thanks

@MVPedrioa .. I agree.

plpfctn
07-12-2009, 10:21 PM
East

1. Cleveland
2. Orlando
3. Boston
4. Philly
5. Atl
6. Toronto
7. Detroit
8. Chicago

West

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Blazers
4. Nuggets
5. Mavs
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Warriors

if yao or tmac play for houston, then they'll make it to the playoffs

CELTICS4LYFE
07-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Charlotte is going to make the playoffs in the east mark my words

AirJordanXVIII
07-13-2009, 08:38 AM
^^ Yea and then a million people are gonna jump on the bandwagon.

SB75
07-13-2009, 08:48 AM
South East
Atlanta
Orlando
Miami
Charlotte
Washington

torontosports10
07-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Charlotte is going to make the playoffs in the east mark my words

Mark my words, No they wont.

KKell2507
07-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Haha im lovin the zero love for the Sixers in the east. Its a very young team plus Elton Brand and have made the playoffs as the 7th then 6th seeds the last two years. There a team on the rise as there best player is just getting into his prime. Dont see any reason why they would suddenly fall out of the playoffs for gaining more experience and becoming more mature?

MaHaRaJaH
07-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Mark my words, No they wont.

Yea, they are still the same team lol (the one that DID NOT make it)

MaHaRaJaH
07-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Haha im lovin the zero love for the Sixers in the east. Its a very young team plus Elton Brand and have made the playoffs as the 7th then 6th seeds the last two years. There a team on the rise as there best player is just getting into his prime. Dont see any reason why they would suddenly fall out of the playoffs for gaining more experience and becoming more mature?

Dude, your team is getting so MUCH more love than the raptors.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-13-2009, 01:56 PM
yea, they are still the same team lol (the one that did not make it)

ya but i believe they played better than their record showed...

MPScribbles
07-13-2009, 05:16 PM
ya but i believe they played better than their record showed...

Especially after the J Rich trade. They or the raptors will take detroit's spot in the playoffs next year. Actually, they may both make it.

J_M_B
07-13-2009, 05:26 PM
South East Division

1.Orlando Magic
2.Atlanta Hawks
3.Miami Heat
4.Washington Wizards
5.Charlotte Bobcats

I think this division is arguably the toughest division in the east. All teams could actually make the playoffs.(Unlikely though)

MagicDojo
07-13-2009, 05:39 PM
South East Division

1.Orlando Magic
2.Atlanta Hawks
3.Miami Heat
4.Washington Wizards
5.Charlotte Bobcats

I think this division is arguably the toughest division in the east. All teams could actually make the playoffs.(Unlikely though)

The Magic just resigned Gortat. We have one of the most stacked teams. We gave up courtney Lee, Hedo, and Battie and added Anderson, VCarter, And Bass.
Carter/Reddick
Nelson/Johnson
Bass/Anderson
Lewis/Peitrus
Howard/Gortat
Magic are going back to the Finals.

clutchski
07-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Focusing on the East:

After reading through this thread, I think some people (uhhh sorry GSW fan) are straight up retarted. How do you have New Jersey going ahead of the Raptors? Have you seen our offseason moves?

I'm not being a complete homer..i'm not putting us in the top 4, in fact it's pretty much a toss up from 4-8. But the way I see it, some things are fairly obvious in the East (and I'm probably gunna get crap for this..but whatever):

1) The Nets aren't making the playoffs
2) The Knicks aren't making the playoffs
3) The Pacers aren't making the playoffs
4) The Bucks aren't making the playoffs

That leaves 3 other teams that are ****** out of the playoffs, and personally, I see them as being any one of Detroit/Charlotte/Washington/Philly/Chicago/Miami. The most likely to be clear cut out of that bunch is Philly and Miami, depending a great deal on Wade's play.

The way I see it:

1) Boston
2) Orlando
3) Clevland
4) Atlanta
5) Toronto
6) Philly
7) Charlotte/Washington/Miami
8) Charlotte/Washington/Miami

ko8e24
07-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Clippers ahead of the Suns Yeah Right :p

very possible. on paper, clippers are better, and if u have AI, who knows wut can happen. clips are unpredictable

Vinny642
07-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Southwest
1. Spurs
2. Mavs
3. Hornets
4. Rockets
5. Grizzlies

ReedBoshMarleau
07-14-2009, 12:51 AM
i love not seeing Toronto in the top 8 in the east... this team will challenge for the division...

SB75
07-14-2009, 12:55 AM
You guys are killing me ranking the Wiz ahead of the Hawks.:mad: And you are basing all this on a player that hasn't been heathy in over a season?

WoodbridgeSkins
07-14-2009, 02:44 AM
Central: Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, Indiana
Southeast: Orlando, Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, Washington
Atlantic: Boston, Toronto, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York

Pacific: Lakers, Phoenix, GS, Sacramento, Clippers
Northwest: Denver, Portland, Utah, OKC, Minnesota
Southwest: San Antonio, Dallas, New Orleans, Houston, Memphis

Are you just mad the Wiz always beat the Celtics?

MSU Spartans313
07-14-2009, 02:50 AM

I dont think so :rolleyes:, I will make a sig bet that the Wizards do a helluva lot better than the raptors, Arenas is the key factor to the teams success, Washington will be the 4 seed in the east! :clap:

Catfish1314
07-14-2009, 02:52 AM
Are you just mad the Wiz always beat the Celtics?

I'm not a Celtics fan...

And I have nothing against the Wizards. I like their team and I like their coach. I just think they have a lot to prove before I dub them a top 4 team in the East like many others have.

MSU Spartans313
07-14-2009, 02:55 AM

Lakers Suns Clippers Warriors Kings

Spurs Rockets Hornets MAvs Grizzlies

Nuggets Blazers Jazz Thunder TWolves

Celtics Sixers Raptors Nets Knicks

CAvs Bulls Pistons Pacers Bucks

Magic Wizards Hawks Bobcats Heat

West

1 Lakers
2 Spurs
3 Nuggets
4 Blazers
5 Rockets
6 Jazz
7 Suns
8 Hornets

East

1 Magic
2 Cavs
3 Celtics
4 Wizards
5 Sixers
6 Bulls
7 Haks
8 Pistons

WoodbridgeSkins
07-14-2009, 02:56 AM
I'm not a Celtics fan...

And I have nothing against the Wizards. I like their team and I like their coach. I just think they have a lot to prove before I dub them a top 4 team in the East like many others have.

I'm not telling you that you should have them as a top 4 in the east, but you put them at last place in the southeast division.

Catfish1314
07-14-2009, 03:09 AM
I'm not telling you that you should have them as a top 4 in the east, but you put them at last place in the southeast division.

Well I think the Magic's place ahead of them is pretty obvious.

The Hawks have added Jamal Crawford and brought everyone back from last year's 4th seed in the East. Al Horford should continue to improve and even if they trade Josh Smith, he still has value and they'll get something for him.

The Cats will be one year better under Larry Brown and were quietly one of the better defensive teams in the league last year.

I guess you could make a strong case against the Heat ahead of the Wizards next season. But one has to think Jermaine O'Neal will have something to prove, especially considering it's a contract year for him. Michael Beasley will be one year better and for a talent like his, that could be a substantial improvement. The same goes for Chalmers. And they were 5th in the East this year.

Of all the teams I just listed, the Wizards are the most injury prone of the bunch. Other than the Magic, they could very well be the most talented and other than the Cats, the best coached. But still, they have to stay healthy and that's not as simple as it sounds.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Well I think the Magic's place ahead of them is pretty obvious.

The Hawks have added Jamal Crawford and brought everyone back from last year's 4th seed in the East. Al Horford should continue to improve and even if they trade Josh Smith, he still has value and they'll get something for him.

The Cats will be one year better under Larry Brown and were quietly one of the better defensive teams in the league last year.

I guess you could make a strong case against the Heat ahead of the Wizards next season. But one has to think Jermaine O'Neal will have something to prove, especially considering it's a contract year for him. Michael Beasley will be one year better and for a talent like his, that could be a substantial improvement. The same goes for Chalmers. And they were 5th in the East this year.

Of all the teams I just listed, the Wizards are the most injury prone of the bunch. Other than the Magic, they could very well be the most talented and other than the Cats, the best coached. But still, they have to stay healthy and that's not as simple as it sounds.

You are the King of Justification. You should consider being a lawyer.