PDA

View Full Version : Whos the team to beat in West?

SpursEvolution
07-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Who do you think is the team to beat and predictions for WCF and the winner.......

Hawkeye15
07-11-2009, 08:58 PM
It starts with the Lakers, for sure. They really need to resign Odom, but they are the champs, they get the nod.
If they don't resign Odom, and the Spurs stay healthy, I go with SA, but that is a lot to expect out of a team that has struggled with health

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-11-2009, 09:23 PM
i think the lakers are a better team with ariza and odom rather than artest alone, but they are the champs so theyre the team to beat obviously, but withthe spurs' offseason moves, its really close. its going to be a 2 team race out of the west this year. if spurs however are healthy into postseason, i think theyd go to the finals

Lakersho
07-11-2009, 09:28 PM
lakers hands down...

asandhu23
07-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Warriors

jdricks
07-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets

st3voness
07-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Thugs.

phillychi009
07-11-2009, 10:08 PM
1 Lakers
2 Spurs

3 ,4 and 5 to me are a toss up with the Mavs, Denver, and Portland

phillychi009
07-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Warriors

Now thats funny

Iron24th
07-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Lakers for sure,we are the champions,and Artest is an upgrade.

People are too high on SA,they're older,and they traded 3 keys role players for a ballhog,Portland or Denver,even Dallas will be better.

kblo247
07-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Lakers for sure,we are the champions,and Artest is an upgrade.

People are too high on SA,they're older,and they traded 3 keys role players for a ballhog,Portland or Denver,even Dallas will be better.

I would just say that they are too high on a team who Kobe has dominated throughout the years in the playoffs and are coached by someone who Phil outcoaches routinely in their matchups.

3RDASYSTEM
07-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Hey people throw the term "BALLHOG" around loosely, wats the definition because i vividly recall so many people claiming JORDAN to be a ballhog in the 3rd degree(Especially in early yrs when team wasnt that good) so is it a temporary name cuz of course it cant be permanent because people would rather choke themselves than to say MJ is/was a ballhog especially now, and dont give me the he start winning rings, cuz a BH is a BH.....kinda of like the old saying "once a crackhead always a crackhead" no matter the rehab....jus asking cuz you said they traded 3 role players for BH and i dont ever remember RJ being a BH,especially not in JERSEY, didnt watch him that much in MIL but dont remember noone really callin him BH

cowboyz180
07-11-2009, 10:54 PM
LA, spurs, mavs, nuggets in that order

Bruno
07-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Lakers
Spurs
Dallas/Portland/Denver are all even.

Bruno
07-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I want to call a Laker Dallas WCF, I don't know if the Spurs can stay healthy enough to land the #1/#2 spot, meaning they'd have to play the #1 or #2 before the WCF, assuming no upsets (which could easily happen).
It's too early to try and make a legitimate prediction, we need to see how the new look Laker/Spurs/Mavs play, and how Portland matures with Oden.

SpursEvolution
07-11-2009, 11:24 PM
I would just say that they are too high on a team who Kobe has dominated throughout the years in the playoffs and are coached by someone who Phil outcoaches routinely in their matchups.

Hahaa,? Yuur serious right,! Well see bout that when we wined up beating yall in the WCF and make kobe cry once moree!! Be happy that yall beat us WITHOUT A HEALTHY MANU! And imo since yuu didnt watch any of our games lett me tell yuu an yuur other boyfrind up there somethin. Bowen an Fab prolly played 5-10 mins a game only loss was kurt which we UPGRADED in Mcdyess. An about RJ being a BH, who the hell was he suppose to pass to in MIL? So i don blame him, i wouldnt be talkin cause wasnt kobe called dat for a while? He even wanted to leave LA right! An don get me started on that old slob on the HighChair, phil?! Haha, no comment,! Home games only? Some "coach" Spurs are better in every category. Lakers are overated cause of so many injuries in west last year, ha. So guud luk winnin atleast 55 gamea this year, we"ll be sure to sent a shout out to the sorry azz lakers on ABC,

asandhu23
07-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Now thats funny

its not. i am serious. team chemistry is going to be a HUGE part this year. all those high end teams, they have too much ego now. that will prove disasterous for them

jlisec01
07-11-2009, 11:30 PM
the defending champs of course, but the top 3 teams I'm gonna say who have a chance will be the Blazers, Lakers, and Nuggets.

lakersfan211
07-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Hahaa,? Yuur serious right,! Well see bout that when we wined up beating yall in the WCF and make kobe cry once moree!! Be happy that yall beat us WITHOUT A HEALTHY MANU! And imo since yuu didnt watch any of our games lett me tell yuu an yuur other boyfrind up there somethin. Bowen an Fab prolly played 5-10 mins a game only loss was kurt which we UPGRADED in Mcdyess. An about RJ being a BH, who the hell was he suppose to pass to in MIL? So i don blame him, i wouldnt be talkin cause wasnt kobe called dat for a while? He even wanted to leave LA right! An don get me started on that old slob on the HighChair, phil?! Haha, no comment,! Home games only? Some "coach" Spurs are better in every category. Lakers are overated cause of so many injuries in west last year, ha. So guud luk winnin atleast 55 gamea this year, we"ll be sure to sent a shout out to the sorry azz lakers on ABC, talkin about a team that just won the championship and his team got knocked out of the 1st round by a team that got beat by a sorry *** 8 seed a couple of years ago , hey buddy your teams time has past , your team just traded 3 players for a damn ballhog , case closed

vash9
07-11-2009, 11:34 PM
1. Lakers obviously
2. Denver Nuggets
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Mavericks

kblo247
07-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Hahaa,? Yuur serious right,! Well see bout that when we wined up beating yall in the WCF and make kobe cry once moree!! Be happy that yall beat us WITHOUT A HEALTHY MANU! And imo since yuu didnt watch any of our games lett me tell yuu an yuur other boyfrind up there somethin. Bowen an Fab prolly played 5-10 mins a game only loss was kurt which we UPGRADED in Mcdyess. An about RJ being a BH, who the hell was he suppose to pass to in MIL? So i don blame him, i wouldnt be talkin cause wasnt kobe called dat for a while? He even wanted to leave LA right! An don get me started on that old slob on the HighChair, phil?! Haha, no comment,! Home games only? Some "coach" Spurs are better in every category. Lakers are overated cause of so many injuries in west last year, ha. So guud luk winnin atleast 55 gamea this year, we"ll be sure to sent a shout out to the sorry azz lakers on ABC,

2004 - don't start that luck **** as u were lucky Horry didn't win game 5 in 03
2009 - we got a title you got a first round exit

The other years speak for themselves

Pop, Tony, Manu, and Duncan are and always will be Phil, Kobe, and Fish's *****

Bruno
07-11-2009, 11:38 PM

Sure, you didn't have healthy Manu, but the Lakers didn't have a healthy Ariza, and Bynum didn't even suit up. Plus it was 4-1, theres really not much wiggle room for you there, healthy Manu Ginobli still doesn't win you that series.

Tim Duncans knees and health was the biggest issue of that series, not Manu's. Tim didn't dominate and therefor the Spurs had no chance. The Spurs title hopes begin and end with Tim Duncan.

lakersfan211
07-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Sure, you didn't have healthy Manu, but the Lakers didn't have a healthy Ariza, and Bynum didn't even suit up. Plus it was 4-1, theres really not much wiggle room for you there, healthy Manu Ginobli still doesn't win you that series.

Tim Duncans knees and health was the biggest issue of that series, not Manu's. Tim didn't dominate and therefor the Spurs had no chance. The Spurs title hopes begin and end with Tim Duncan.

their players were playing on the court are starting center didnt even suit up like you said and ariza barely played and we still kicked their tales .

jdricks
07-12-2009, 12:50 AM
The lakers are the best team and they have room from the 2nd place spurs or overachieving nuggets or too young blazer or unhealthy jazz or limited mavs in the west. With odom back they are virtually unstoppable and more talented. Yes sa has rj but unfornately he is past prime, ball hogging, with very kittle room behind him. Outside of tony parker, manu,td,rj, amd roger who else is there? The lakers can go 10 to 11 deep on any given night. The lakers starting 5 is much better than the spurs especially if bynum is of old and a new younger starting point guard. The laker bench is what got them to the finals in 08 and they underperformed most of year and they still won a championship. The lakers just have a better team

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-12-2009, 01:17 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

Lakersfan2483
07-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Who do you think is the team to beat and predictions for WCF and the winner.......

The NBA champion LA Lakers are the team to beat. Lakers vs Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.

ugafan
07-12-2009, 02:14 AM
The Lakers are the Champs, and they've only gotten better by adding Artest. Bynum's maturing.
It's the Lakers.

brownman
07-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Still gotta be the Lakers. You got two players whose competitiveness is top 5 in the L, their defense is out of this world as well. Kobe & Artest. You got the Zenmaster at the helm, you got a versatile player in Odom, you got a clutch PG in Fisher, that white guy with high b ball IQ in Walton, a developing big man in Bynum, solid players in Shannon Brown, Jordan Farmer, an all star PF in Gasol, and a serial killer in Morrison, what else do you need?

DCB/LAL
07-12-2009, 03:26 AM

:laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh2::clap:

I dont care who you are that s**ts FUNNY!!!!

This guy who made this thread is funny too atleast to me let me tell you why......He's made a couple threads about "whos the best in the west" like twice now i think he's hoping to get a different answer or something keep making these same threads man maybe just maybe people will change their minds. But till then the overwhelming answer is the Lakers!!

GSW fan
07-12-2009, 03:32 AM
Lakers

GoatMilk
07-12-2009, 03:39 AM
Clippers

Steve Novak and his silky stroke gonna kill it

Bruno
07-12-2009, 03:42 AM
:laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh2::clap:

I dont care who you are that s**ts FUNNY!!!!

This guy who made this thread is funny too atleast to me let me tell you why......He's made a couple threads about "whos the best in the west" like twice now i think he's hoping to get a different answer or something keep making these same threads man maybe just maybe people will change their minds. But till then the overwhelming answer is the Lakers!!

lol

Lone Maverick
07-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Its always the defending champs barring that particular team was disbanded (which isn't the case) so the answer is the Lakers. Now there are teams that will most definitely contend but Lakers still numero uno until further notice.

Iron24th
07-12-2009, 06:37 AM
talkin about a team that just won the championship and his team got knocked out of the 1st round by a team that got beat by a sorry *** 8 seed a couple of years ago , hey buddy your teams time has past , your team just traded 3 players for a damn ballhog , case closed

:clap:

Laker fan in OZ
07-12-2009, 06:44 AM

hahahahaha that's gold!:clap:

skinsfan4life80
07-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Still have to wait and see what happens with the remaining free agents