PDA

View Full Version : Best Center in the West??

lakerfan 4 life
07-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Since Yao is gonna be out atleast all next season who is the best center in the west. Also who do you think is gonna get the starting center spot for the all-star game. Before you answer im talking about legit centers like shaq or dwight not forward-centers. I think its Bynum especially if he plays like he did in the beginning of last season. Your thoughts PSD?

..............EDIT................
Fine who is going to be the best center in the west next year. It can be a forward-center as long as he starts at the center position for his team

Breatnach
07-11-2009, 04:47 AM
Well normally I would pick the best player playing the C position. (Duncan, Al Jefferson perhaps)

But if your intent was to make a thread in which we're all suppsed to vote for Bynum, you should have made a query like this:

"Who is the best legit center like shaq or dwight not forward-centers, called Andrew and who is not Australian"

On a side note: Howard is widely considered a forward as well. Which proves that not only "real" centers play the 5 position extremely well.

goku
07-11-2009, 04:52 AM
idk bynum might not make it cause gasol, jefferson,amare,and duncan maybe aldrige kaman will get in bynum is not the focal offense point he will be third fourth probably fifth with artest being there he mainly wil be required to block shots

asandhu23
07-11-2009, 04:53 AM
great another lakers bandwagon fan bragging :pity::pity::pity:

lakerfan 4 life
07-11-2009, 04:57 AM
great another lakers bandwagon fan bragging :pity::pity::pity:
:mad::mad:Thats not the point of this thread!!! My opinion is that its Bynum but i want to hear everyone elses opinion on who it is and why

vash9
07-11-2009, 04:59 AM
Andrew Bynum WAS pretty good, but after 2 injuries already less than 10 years, he's just about done. Towards the end of last season, he played like crap. He wasn't feeling the game anymore, Pau had to manage the 5 for the team, etc. Don't fool yourself. Bynum declined pretty fast for a young guy.

I would say between Tim Duncan and Al Jefferson. Maybe Pau Gasol also.

asandhu23
07-11-2009, 04:59 AM
:mad::mad:Thats not the point of this thread!!! My opinion is that its Bynum but i want to hear everyone elses opinion on who it is and why

well obviously you are indirectly trying to show off. nice try. next time.

lakerfan 4 life
07-11-2009, 05:03 AM
Andrew Bynum WAS pretty good, but after 2 injuries already less than 10 years, he's just about done. Towards the end of last season, he played like crap. He wasn't feeling the game anymore, Pau had to manage the 5 for the team, etc. Don't fool yourself. Bynum declined pretty fast for a young guy.

I would say between Tim Duncan and Al Jefferson. Maybe Pau Gasol also.

I dont think he has declined i think he was afraid of getting hurt again during the playoffs plus he still needed time to get back into game shape. I think he should be back to normal after the offseason tho. I agree tho i think it might end up being tim duncan or pau.

GSW fan
07-11-2009, 05:04 AM
Duncan

Beno7500
07-11-2009, 05:05 AM
dont kid yourself with bynum! hahaha

lakerfan 4 life
07-11-2009, 05:05 AM

just get out of hear im trying to get some actual imput. Stop hating on me jus cus im a lakerfan

Beno7500
07-11-2009, 05:06 AM
it is duncan btw. and biedrins>bynum

lakerfan 4 life
07-11-2009, 05:07 AM

:laugh:

vash9
07-11-2009, 05:15 AM
I dont think he has declined i think he was afraid of getting hurt again during the playoffs plus he still needed time to get back into game shape. I think he should be back to normal after the offseason tho. I agree tho i think it might end up being tim duncan or pau.

But you see, if he needs much more time, then he isn't the best Center. The guy is declining for sure and a lot of people know it. People overrate him too much, but don't notice the fact that he indeed does suck.

[off-topic] Brook Lopez>Andrew Bynum. Lopez is only going into his second year by the way.

Tim Duncan or Pau Gasol. I'm leaning towards Duncan much more. That guy is HOF material.

lakerfan 4 life
07-11-2009, 05:19 AM
wow i am amazed how everyone here thinks that bynum is declining ignoring the fact that he missed a big chunk of the end of last season

vash9
07-11-2009, 05:21 AM
He did miss a lot of games last season, but it's the NBA. People get injured and you are expected to come back probably not in 100% form, but you gotta work your way up. Bynum claimed he was ready, but to only get injured once again and miss just about another season.

Put your pride in your team away for just a second and realize the facts. Bynum isn't nowhere near the best even with Yao out.

lakerfan 4 life
07-11-2009, 05:23 AM
Quit trying to turn this into a laker bashing thread!!!!!

asandhu23
07-11-2009, 05:24 AM
just get out of hear im trying to get some actual imput. Stop hating on me jus cus im a lakerfan

you want actual input? ok here goes. the best center in the west not counting yao is Andris Biedrins followed by Duncan followed by Jefferson and then Pau

don't call biedrins bad because he is still very young. he can improve. he averages double double on a team that is based of guards scoring

lakerfan 4 life
07-11-2009, 05:25 AM
you want actual input? ok here goes. the best center in the west not counting yao is Andris Biedrins followed by Duncan followed by Jefferson and then Pau

Theres no way in hell hes better the Tim Duncan Al Jefferson and Pau Gasol

vash9
07-11-2009, 05:27 AM
I don't know where i bashed the Lakers in this thread or claimed anything wrong about you being a Lakers fan, but it's the truth.

Duncan
Gasol
Jefferson

asandhu23
07-11-2009, 05:30 AM
Theres no way in hell hes better the Tim Duncan Al Jefferson and Pau Gasol

Andris is only 22. for the xp he has and his coach's preference for no defense and guards to score... he does very very very good

lakerfan 4 life
07-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Andris is only 22. for the xp he has and his coach's preference for no defense and guards to score... he does very very very good

That doesnt make him better tho

asandhu23
07-11-2009, 05:34 AM
That doesnt make him better tho

yes it does. he is getting those stats on a team that prefers no defense etc etc. plus if you notice he is the only center we have on that team. he works much much harder than bynum. lakers are loaded with centers who can help bynum by resting. andris does all this himself with little bit of help from a rookie last year.

zdogpimp
07-11-2009, 05:59 AM
Seriously? There is no contention!!!

Tim Duncan
Tim Duncan
Tim Duncan

R U Guys for real???

Al Jefferson is next, but even with Duncans age, not even close!!! We are talking about the best Forward who turned Center to ever play the game. No question fellas, let's let our brains do the talking and not our pride!

Duncan = Donkey
07-11-2009, 06:00 AM
its not bynum.

duncan, al jeff and amare (he will be playing C this year most probaly)are all better

Pa1nl3ss
07-11-2009, 06:58 AM
No real good centers left in the west after yao is out. They are only called centers cos they play in center position (duncan,amare) . Nba really misses real good centers such as Shaq, Z and Yao.

LE-SHAQ
07-11-2009, 07:59 AM
I know you are a laker fan. But come on do you even watch NBA? Did you see a center named NeNe. He's a beast and put allstar numbers best in the west as a center. Second the other LA team has a guywho was 2007 defensive player of the year at center???? A guy named Camby another legit center. Bynum has POTENTIAL so does Odem niether have established themselves as a force. Tim is a forward. A beast but a forward.

rever
07-11-2009, 09:27 AM

but i thought you said legit centers not forwards.duncan has played the 4 his whole career in the nba. haha i hate lakers fans who think Bynum is the second coming of Jabar. Put any athletic big man on that team and he will easily average what bynum has. he gets table scraps in the offense. no team thinks about him in their game plan. he is an afterthought.

as far as the best center in the west not a forward i would have to say... oh wait there arent any they are all really forwards other than yao.or if you want to be like a laker fan you could say gortat who will soon be with the mavs. because just like bynum he had 5 minutes of fame in the playoffs.

but really lets calm down with bynum. he has looked descent at times but has no been on the court long enough to really know yet. lets see him play a whole season first" if he can"

AntiG
07-11-2009, 09:28 AM
if Bynum is somehow the top center in the west, then this is the worst the Western conference has ever been at that position. Bynum is a soft player who plays mediocre defense and doesn't even rebound well for his size. He is the most disappointing and overhyped "prototype center" we've seen since the Kandi Man. Looking good once in a blue moon does not make a good player. After the history the West has seen - Mikan, Olajuwon, Shaq, Robinson, Kareem, Wilt, Moses, Dikembe... dropping THAT far in inferiority to someone of Bynum's caliber is an awful thing for the west.

If you are considering players who are 4/5 swingmen then Duncan and Jefferson take this spot easily.

If Gortat signs, he vaults past Bynum as a better true center.

DCSportsIsPain
07-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Duncan. Every team in the West would take him over their starting 5. Every team.

Silent1
07-11-2009, 09:39 AM
its dampier

Mave1002
07-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Overall?

Pauuu Gasol

Scoring (paint and perimeter),

Rebounds,

Assists,

block shots,

leadership, heart, and Game IQ.

NAME IT.

He is on top of his game right now.

BEST season so far.:clap:

Tommyh1331
07-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Duncan
Gasol
Jefferson
Amare
Biedruns
Camby

Bynum not even close to consider in top 5, he has to do something first!

Raoul Duke
07-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Al Jefferson. Best back-to-the-basket big man in the NBA.

Amare is a beast as well but I like Jefferson's fundamental-laden game better. Duncan I think of as a PF, even though I know he sort of plays both C and PF at the same time.

I don't even have Bynum in my top 5 out west. I'd put Nene above Bynum.

AntwanN21
07-11-2009, 10:25 AM
you cant really tell because there are so many pf/c like Gasol and Duncan. If based on Centres alone i really dont know who id give it to. But in the west the best pf/c is still tim duncan

AntiG
07-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Overall?

Pauuu Gasol

Scoring (paint and perimeter),

Rebounds,

Assists,

block shots,

leadership, heart, and Game IQ.

NAME IT.

He is on top of his game right now.

BEST season so far.:clap:

lousy defender. Duncan destroys him.

Pa1nl3ss
07-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Gasol don't have game IQ.

jimbobjarree
07-11-2009, 11:11 AM
what the hell are you on about...Mad Dog is in the west..he owns the west

no1baller
07-11-2009, 11:26 AM

agreed and nice sig! did u make it? im looking for a billy mays sig

Teeboy1487
07-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Gasol don't have game IQ. Where's your IQ? Gasol is one of the smartest players in the league. It has been one of his strengths since he entered the league. Back to the thread, the best centers in the west are Duncan, Gasol, Camby. Bynum still has a lot to prove until he will be consider a great center.

htown_staydown
07-11-2009, 11:50 AM
i gotta go with jefferson

italianyankees
07-11-2009, 12:02 PM
easy question. The guy who has won rings. Tim Duncan

Raps18-19 Champ
07-11-2009, 12:05 PM
He wants people to say Bynum.

Sophi127
07-11-2009, 12:21 PM

You are listening to someone that thinks that the Warriors and the 49s are going to the playoffs.

dolfan720
07-11-2009, 01:06 PM
bietris

mtg23us
07-11-2009, 01:40 PM
I think the question was who "is" the best center in the West. While some people have thrown out some players with a good up side it is very simple to answer asof today. Duncan is at the top by himself, close behind would be Jefferson (who is the best post scorer in the game today), and Gasol. After these 3 it is a big drop off. These three are francise players even though Gasol is #2 in LA.

As far as the 4/5 arguement it makes no differance. If they are playing the 5 then thats how they should be compaired to other 5's.

jdillion
07-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Duncan and jeffereson are the cream of the crop in the west

richardle9
07-11-2009, 02:06 PM
in game 7 against the rockets, bynum thought he was so good cause he was dominating chuck hayes, who is 6-6

KB24PG16
07-11-2009, 02:28 PM
depends if you call amare and duncan centers of power fowards

jim51990
07-11-2009, 02:36 PM
al jeff

ko8e24
07-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Well, I think the best centers in the west are

1. Al Jefferson
2. Pau Gasol (interchangeable from power forward to center)
3. Tim Duncan (interchangeable from power forward to center, and only reason i didn't put him above gasol is purely for the age argument. Not a knock on him or his greatness, but we're talking about now and the coming years)
4. Amare Stoudemire (interchangeable from power forward to center)
5. Andris Biedrins

Andrew Bynum isn't even on his list. He has to show that he is actually worth a ridiculous $14 mil. He's one of the reasons we're having trouble resigning LO, who actually derseves that kind of money.

ManChild
07-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Amare is more of a PF and I doubt he would like being back at Center. Probably Timmy Duncan or Big Al(he is better than most people know, he is a great player).

J_M_B
07-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Al Jefferson or Duncan, depending which one plays center for their team.

Reversed86Curse
07-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Well, I think the best centers in the west are

1. Al Jefferson
2. Pau Gasol (interchangeable from power forward to center)
3. Tim Duncan (interchangeable from power forward to center, and only reason i didn't put him above gasol is purely for the age argument. Not a knock on him or his greatness, but we're talking about now and the coming years)4. Amare Stoudemire (interchangeable from power forward to center)
5. Andris Biedrins

Andrew Bynum isn't even on his list. He has to show that he is actually worth a ridiculous $14 mil. He's one of the reasons we're having trouble resigning LO, who actually derseves that kind of money.

The question isn't "who will be the best" it's "who IS the best"- Duncan>>>>Gasol

Hawkeye15
07-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Duncan is the best center. Then Al Jefferson
BTW, unless Yao says he refuses to play in it, he will be the starting C for the all star team.

ko8e24
07-11-2009, 04:24 PM
The question isn't "who will be the best" it's "who IS the best"- Duncan>>>>Gasol

UUUh?? :confused: The question is who is the best center in the west now that yao ming is out. wtf???

Chacarron
07-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Until Bynum plays a full 82 game season, I cannot put him in the discussion as best center in the west or whatever your argument is. Injuries have slowed him down a bunch, but I'm sure he'll be a top C in the future.

Bruno
07-11-2009, 07:26 PM
If Bynum plays like he did in January 2009 before the injury, and the Lakers have the best record in the west, then he could steal that C spot in the all-star game.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2009, 07:33 PM
If Yao is listed on the ballot in the beginning of the season, he will be named the starter. Pathetic, yes, but that is what you get with the current voting system, of which I don't have a problem with. Its a fans weekend, even though I could care less about it, haha. I am going ballistic if Al Jefferson gets the shaft AGAIN!

carter15
07-11-2009, 07:34 PM
al jefferson forsure...bynum isnt even CLOSE to his level

Hawkeye15
07-11-2009, 07:34 PM
If Bynum plays like he did in January 2009 before the injury, and the Lakers have the best record in the west, then he could steal that C spot in the all-star game.

that would mean either Gasol would have to be left off, or 3 Lakers would make it in the west, 2 of which are PF/C. Not happening dude.

Kabowdos
07-11-2009, 07:37 PM
wow i am amazed how everyone here thinks that bynum is declining ignoring the fact that he missed a big chunk of the end of last season

you sound like a moron dude

Kabowdos
07-11-2009, 07:38 PM
that would mean either Gasol would have to be left off, or 3 Lakers would make it in the west, 2 of which are PF/C. Not happening dude.

Yeah just like you thought Kobe never going to get a ring again ahhahahahahahahahahahaha

Hawkeye15
07-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah just like you thought Kobe never going to get a ring again ahhahahahahahahahahahaha

hilarious. So who does Bynum beat out? He won't be named a starter, Kobe and Gasol are probably in, and that means a lot of awesome players on the west side would need to be left out for him to make it. Not happening I would think.
Grow the F up.

Giants27
07-11-2009, 07:50 PM

Oh my....

KW93KB24
07-11-2009, 08:06 PM
:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laug h2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: that got me rolling when he said that haha

KW93KB24
07-11-2009, 08:08 PM
bynum>>>>>>> biedris

07-11-2009, 08:10 PM
OMG are u guys insane, ihow can anyone say bynum is the best centre in the west, i'll admit he is big, and has great potential, but judging on his performance last year he was terrible...... I know he was injured, but thats just unfortuate, and because of that he only played small minutes and kept played very unefficiently... Last year i would say that these C's played better than bynum..
Duncan, JEFFERSON!!, NENE, lopez, bierdrins

Reyes6
07-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Well if Duncan is considered a C, then him. Jefferson if he is considered a C, would be an up and coming best... and Bynum would be somewhere between Robert Swift and King Haddidi.

Lol.

beans439
07-11-2009, 08:39 PM
no one wants to actually answer the question of the thread. duncan, amare, and even al jefferson are all actually PF, so they dont answer the question. maybe jefferson would pass but not really, and if thats the case then nene should be in there too. Id have to say biedrins is the best CENTER in the west although thats not saying much bc the west only has like 3 or 4 true centers. I would have to say Bynum is top 4 centers that start the game as centers in the west.

Biedrins, Bynum, Okur, Oden, and even the birdman as far as difference makers go in No particular order. And im a Laker fan so there is no bias here.

beans439
07-11-2009, 08:43 PM
now if you want to add C/PF to the thread then...

Duncan, Gasol, Aldridge, Amare, Jefferson, Dirk, West,........Missed a couple im sure but then Bynum(until he lives up to his potential and stays healthy)

jscotty8
07-11-2009, 09:10 PM

If you are talking about guys who only play center then it's Biedrins... We'll see it when he escapes Golden State... He is far better than Bynum!

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-11-2009, 09:24 PM
yea duncan is officially playing as center next year

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-11-2009, 09:27 PM
now if you want to add C/PF to the thread then...

Duncan, Gasol, Aldridge, Amare, Jefferson, Dirk, West,........Missed a couple im sure but then Bynum(until he lives up to his potential and stays healthy)

dirk is noy a center hes a pure power forward, same as david west.

PF/C's like players like duncan, jefferson, gasol, aldridge
amare is more of a power foward than a center, but hes probably gunna have to play some center this year.

pure centers are like bynum, kaman, biedrins, oden,

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-11-2009, 09:29 PM
no one wants to actually answer the question of the thread. duncan, amare, and even al jefferson are all actually PF, so they dont answer the question. maybe jefferson would pass but not really, and if thats the case then nene should be in there too. Id have to say biedrins is the best CENTER in the west although thats not saying much bc the west only has like 3 or 4 true centers. I would have to say Bynum is top 4 centers that start the game as centers in the west.

Biedrins, Bynum, Okur, Oden, and even the birdman as far as difference makers go in No particular order. And im a Laker fan so there is no bias here.

duncan is actually more ofa center than a pf , but hes just listed as a pf. matt bonner plays as the center but he tends to line up outside ofthe paint to let duncan control the middle as duncan hogs up the middle alone .

Kabowdos
07-12-2009, 10:24 PM
hilarious. So who does Bynum beat out? He won't be named a starter, Kobe and Gasol are probably in, and that means a lot of awesome players on the west side would need to be left out for him to make it. Not happening I would think.
Grow the F up.

I agree with you. I was being an ***, I am sorry.

Bynum is not the best center in the West.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2009, 10:57 PM
I agree with you. I was being an ***, I am sorry.

Bynum is not the best center in the West.

no worries, sorry for the attitude. No, Bynum is not the best center in the west. Not even close.

PJAF
07-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Gasol played center with Bynum out and was a center in Memphis.

madiaz3
07-12-2009, 11:17 PM
bynum wasnt terrible this post season.

big difference between terrible and average.
he played as good as he needed to ala kendrick perkins in 07-08 (though perkins is better than he was then)

LA_Raiders
07-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Jefferson
Nene
Bynum
Camby

Bruno
07-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Duncan is the best center. Then Al Jefferson
BTW, unless Yao says he refuses to play in it, he will be the starting C for the all star team.

Solid point, Yao gets the Chinese vote.

Bruno
07-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Is Al Jefferson a center? I don't watch enough Twolves games to know, I'm sure its one of those grey area kinda things; but if the fans can vote for him as the center he should win it. Dudes got the sickest offensive post game in the league.

Bruno
07-12-2009, 11:58 PM

It's definitely not likely, but if the Lakers are on pace for the high 60's early 70's by the time the break happens, and if Bynum is averaging a double double, could steal a spot as the 2nd center. Unlikely, but not 100% out of the question.

blastmasta26
07-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Is Al Jefferson a center? I don't watch enough Twolves games to know, I'm sure its one of those grey area kinda things; but if the fans can vote for him as the center he should win it. Dudes got the sickest offensive post game in the league.
He's a PF, but Minny has a lot of power forwards and they use Kevin Love as their PF with Al Jeff as the C.

leftymo
07-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Allstars are usually earned, and Al Jefferson has now earned his spot.

Bynum needs to complete a season first, and then second develop consistency.

As "bad" as Bynum was this past year, his numbers were roughly equal to Nene (just for reference purposes).

I think Lakers fans know the potential in Bynum, and when he's at his best he is easily the best center in the west.

But this year will be more about 1) Bynum staying healthy and 2) Bynum staying consistent.

Duncan plays center. He's no longer a PF.
Jefferson also plays center. There are your two allstars.

Gasol is the backup C for the Lakers, not the starting one.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2009, 08:58 AM

he plays Center for the Wolves, yes.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2009, 08:59 AM
It's definitely not likely, but if the Lakers are on pace for the high 60's early 70's by the time the break happens, and if Bynum is averaging a double double, could steal a spot as the 2nd center. Unlikely, but not 100% out of the question.

well sure, nothing is out of the question, but the west has so many big guys, it will be hard for him to be named to the team unless there is big improvement on his part. BIG improvement. 14/8 is not gonna cut it. And the Lakers have so many option on offense, I don't see how Bynum turns into a 20-10 guy anytime soon, regardless of if he is capable of that one day.

architect13563
07-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Al Jefferson.

yanks19791024
07-13-2009, 09:27 AM
T.chandler

Ace33Bone
07-13-2009, 09:32 AM
If Duncan is playing C then he is hands down the best in the West. If you are not considering him or Al Jefferson a center then I feel an argument can be made for Bynum

Iron24th
07-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Bynum? On decline ? LOL ! People say some stupid things sometimes,how a 21 years old promising center can decline after 4 seasons???

He was just comming back too quickly after a bad injury,he wanted to be part of our championship run,and that's what he did,it proves he has heart.

He will just comeback this season as strong as he did last season,people who say he's done,are just haters,nothing new here.

Suns113
07-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Bynum is a alright center right now and has the potential to be a very good center but as of right now he is not even close to the top in the west.

What kind of starting center averages 6 ppg 4 rpg and shoots 37% from the field in the NBA finals?

No starting center should ever shoot that bad and i know dwight was gaurding him but even against the rockets without Yao he shot bad.
and i know he was "injured" but he was obviously good to go or else he wouldnt have played

hoop talk
07-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Depends on if Duncan and Al are playing center. If so Duncan then Al. Nene was center all last year so I give it to him if the others don't count, even though he has always been a forward.

I'm a devout warrior fan and I won't say Biedrins is the best center.

AllDay28
07-13-2009, 03:54 PM
im tired of all this bynum stuff lol. bynum is not the best center in the west. im not a laker fan but isint he the 4th option and maybe even 5th on the team? kobe, gasol, artest, bynum? of even put odom as an option before bynum if they can resign him. which im sure they will. but the best C in the west is big Al.

AllDay28
07-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Bynum? On decline ? LOL ! People say some stupid things sometimes,how a 21 years old promising center can decline after 4 seasons???

He was just comming back too quickly after a bad injury,he wanted to be part of our championship run,and that's what he did,it proves he has heart.

He will just comeback this season as strong as he did last season,people who say he's done,are just haters,nothing new here.

agreed. bynum has tons of potential. but what bothers me about this is also that people say Oden is a bust when he is the same age and he shows signs of being an elite C in the future. Both are young centers and have had unlucky injuries. Bynum gets ran into the knee by kobe and oden jumps up and lands on a players foot. Any big guy would take injuries if it happened to them.

Bruno
07-13-2009, 04:35 PM
well sure, nothing is out of the question, but the west has so many big guys, it will be hard for him to be named to the team unless there is big improvement on his part. BIG improvement. 14/8 is not gonna cut it. And the Lakers have so many option on offense, I don't see how Bynum turns into a 20-10 guy anytime soon, regardless of if he is capable of that one day.

You're right, some big would probably need to be injured for Bynum to get onto the squad, along with stellar play on his part, two huge ifs.

JDizzle
07-13-2009, 04:36 PM
tyson chandler when healty

cmellofan15
07-13-2009, 04:42 PM
If Al or Tim plays C it's between them, but if not it's Biedrins

Reddd
07-13-2009, 04:51 PM
If we're talking about pure C's, then it's Camby for now.

mikantsass
07-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Howard, Gasol, Duncan, Ming, Lee, Biedrins, O'Neal, Camby, Nene, Okafor, Okur, Bogut, Horford, B Lopez

Thats a list of Centers that posted better per game stats than Bynum last year. If Bynum was really that good, he should be #1 because he played in so little games during the season.

masalex1205
07-13-2009, 05:10 PM
def. not Bynum