PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea

bball1217
07-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Since the Jazz seem desperate to clear space for Millsap now since Blazers have signed him to an offer sheet, would you guys like this trade:
Carlos Boozer
for
Thabo Sefolosha
DJ White
Future Draft Pick

Why Jazz do it: They want Millsap more than they want Boozer, so they need to trade Boozer for some talent and cap space for Millsap. This trade clears up about 8 million from their cap, exactly how much they need to match Millsap. It also provides a solid young backup (White) to replace the role Millsap has held for the last few years. They also get a promising young SG (Thabo) who can provide solid defense and athleticism. Plus, they get a future pick.

This would give you guys a lineup of:
Westbrook/Livingston/Watson
Harden/Weaver
Durant/Green (6th man/~30 MPG)
Boozer/Kristic/Green
Ibaka/Collison/Mullens (Project)

That is young team with tons of talent and potential. They could surprise many and make the playoffs as a low seed next year. Then, in 2010-2011, you guys should be contending for a title, and continue contending for almost a decade, especially if that starting 5 stays together.

Plus, Boozer's contract is expiring, so it is low risk.

You really do not give up much talent considering who you guys have and get an All-Star caliber player because the Jazz are desperate to clear space.

What do you guys think?

Kjthunder
07-11-2009, 03:36 AM
nah i don't think so, dj white has the potential to be as good as boozer with minutes, and i like the combo of Dj white backing up green rather than green backing up boozer.
and thabo proved himself last year, he isn't leaving. if they want to clear cap space, we will give earl watson, wilkens, and watkins and a 2nd pick for boozer haha. id do that

bball1217
07-11-2009, 03:39 AM
nah i don't think so, dj white has the potential to be as good as boozer with minutes, and i like the combo of Dj white backing up green rather than green backing up boozer.
and thabo proved himself last year, he isn't leaving. if they want to clear cap space, we will give earl watson, wilkens, and watkins and a 2nd pick for boozer haha. id do that

DJ will not be like Boozer. He is more likely to be like Leon Powe. That's just my opinion though...

But I do like the idea of Green starting, he is going to have a great career.

Kjthunder
07-11-2009, 01:51 PM
so you would or would not do the trade? i think its giving up to much, Thabo and Harden will compliment eachother nicely, and having to include a pick would be wayy to much. Plus Boozer would just be a one year rental anyways, otherwise he'll demand way to much money and would take away from being able to re-sign green, durant, and westbrook

Carey
07-11-2009, 02:52 PM
I def. would not do this, I like Boozer but if we're gonna make a trade and take on that kinda salary, and have to shell out that type of money for an extension i want a player that can get us over the hump and make us a championship contender in time, and Boozer doesnt do that. Also Sefolosha is one of the best perimeter in the league and will be our trevor ariza for a long time, DJ White is a good player and is more active on the defensive end then Boozer, i think he'll put up Brandon Bass type numbers off the bench this year (8 ppg 5 rbg)

Fmartinez86
07-12-2009, 05:05 PM
nah boozer to much money and hes good but lazy i like the team the way it is

friarfan07
07-13-2009, 02:36 PM
he'd make us instant contenders. but at what cost? that lineup would be scary good though.

Baller1
07-13-2009, 05:19 PM
I just reevaluated this trade, and decided that everyone saying no is CRAZY! This whole time we have been denying these trade ideas that have been breaking our core 4, and now we're getting a proposal that keeps those 4 in tact, while adding an all-star. Why are you guys saying no?! That line-up is ridiculous, and if Boozer doesn't work out on this team, we trade him and add a different veteran player. This is what we need, and we keep our core 4. I say...

YES!

Fmartinez86
07-13-2009, 05:53 PM
i think boozer is good but a lil overrated dont get me wrong the guy has skills but tends to make dumb decisions at important situations like settling for that contested jumper after shooting horribly all night instead of moving the ball around i mean he would def make okc a playoff team butid rather be patient and allow presti to work his magic and think about it all we really need is a true center we have green,white, and ibaka to play pf id look for another sf if anything but not boozer its too much cash

dubh46
07-14-2009, 01:26 AM
The reason I say no is that he is only under contract for 1 year. I would not want to rent him. After that he would cost to much to keep him and our core 4. Someone would have to go. And also, he has not played a full season for a while. Injuries can happen to anyone but they seem to be happening to him a little more often. If he had 3 or 4 years on his contract I would be more incline to say yes. He is a stud but really, the Jazz made the playoffs without him. Now dont get me wrong, a team of Boozer, KD and Westbrook would be really fun to watch. I just would not give Thabo and White away to rent a player.

Bruno
07-14-2009, 03:33 AM
I'd do it in a heart beat. This team already has enough young talent. Boozer can't guard the elite PF's in the league today, but he has a good post game, and he could work wonders for the offense. Having a guy like Boozer to kick the ball into would do wonders for a team full of young talented wing players. This is really exactly what the Thunder need, to give up some talent for an experienced, allstar post player. OKC would be legitimate contenders for the later seats in the conference, opposed to long shots, which is where they are at right now.

PBG
07-14-2009, 09:15 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nop3yt

friarfan07
07-14-2009, 01:39 PM
it's not worth it to sign him for a year, then watch him leave for NY or something.

he already stabbed cleveland in the back when he signed with utah. no reason to think he wouldn't do the same with a smaller market and, based on the record, a worse team as is OKC right now.

pass. though having him locked up for a few years would change my opinion. just not worth 1 year.

dirk206
07-14-2009, 11:45 PM
^ Yeah Boozer ain't worth trading that much for and the more i think about it, overpaying for David Lee & Paul Milsap doesn't seem that attractive either. I say hold out until 2010 free agency. Though I've been playing with 1 idea that could solve our big man problem, though it may cost a little bit more then some people want. Anybody remember Tiago Splitter, the Brazilian big man the San Antonio spurs drafted with the #28 pick in the 2006 NBA draft? The guys averaging 15.1 PPG, 5 rebounds and 1.6 blocks a game for Tau Ceramica and he's only 22. The Spurs are very high on him but he'd not coming over till at least 2010. I'm not sure if they'd trade him, but I'd be willing to give up that Suns 1st round pick to get him, maybe another future 1st rounder as well, the guys real good. Just a thought.

dubh46
07-15-2009, 01:31 AM
I was wondering where Tiago was playing. I would love that pick up. He and Krstic would be a nice 1 2 at Center.

Off the subject, but why do you all think the Lakers are letting Lamar Odom leave? He is not gone yet, but they took thier offer off the table. Imo he was a key part of their winning the title. He only wants 10mil/per year which is a good price for what he brings. If we were closer to competing for titles I would pick him up quick.

Carey
07-15-2009, 10:13 AM
^ Yeah Boozer ain't worth trading that much for and the more i think about it, overpaying for David Lee & Paul Milsap doesn't seem that attractive either. I say hold out until 2010 free agency. Though I've been playing with 1 idea that could solve our big man problem, though it may cost a little bit more then some people want. Anybody remember Tiago Splitter, the Brazilian big man the San Antonio spurs drafted with the #28 pick in the 2006 NBA draft? The guys averaging 15.1 PPG, 5 rebounds and 1.6 blocks a game for Tau Ceramica and he's only 22. The Spurs are very high on him but he'd not coming over till at least 2010. I'm not sure if they'd trade him, but I'd be willing to give up that Suns 1st round pick to get him, maybe another future 1st rounder as well, the guys real good. Just a thought.

Yea he's a good player but the problem with him is he makes so much more money over there then he would make as a rookie in the NBA that he's been reluctant to come over, the Spurs wanted him to come over since last year.

dirk206
07-15-2009, 11:26 AM
I was wondering where Tiago was playing. I would love that pick up. He and Krstic would be a nice 1 2 at Center.

Off the subject, but why do you all think the Lakers are letting Lamar Odom leave? He is not gone yet, but they took thier offer off the table. Imo he was a key part of their winning the title. He only wants 10mil/per year which is a good price for what he brings. If we were closer to competing for titles I would pick him up quick.

I think the Lakers are playing a cat mouse game right now, Lamar Odom wants something like $10 million a year and honestly, I don't think he's that type of player, he's just trying to capitalize off a weak market. He's a very nice player but probably a 3rd option on offense at best. He's a real versatile guy but I think the Lakers are smart, maybe his asking price will go down if they pull the offer now and he'll come crawling back. But it can also back-fire. If he doesn't return they have Ron Artest to make up for his lost offense.

Yeah that's obviously the big reason Tiago Splitter hasn't come over already, he gets paid more in europe then on that weak rookie contract. I think that's why you see a lot more established, older europeans come over because they've made their money and want to test their skills against the best. But in this case he's still young, it wouldn't surprise me if he signed with another European team for another 2-3 years after this, he'd still be young and probably in his prime by the time that next contract was up.

friarfan07
07-15-2009, 02:11 PM
i heard the lakers rescinded their offer of 4 years, $36MM today.

seems likely he'll become a FA. that said, i don't think he deserves that kind of money.

again, he's the signing you make (similar to the rip trade in another thread) to get over the hump. we're not there yet.

Baller1
07-15-2009, 02:35 PM
i heard the lakers rescinded their offer of 4 years, $36MM today.

seems likely he'll become a FA. that said, i don't think he deserves that kind of money.

again, he's the signing you make (similar to the rip trade in another thread) to get over the hump. we're not there yet.

The Lakers are doing exactly what the Seahawks did with Leroy Hill this offseason. They're letting him explore his options, and when he realizes he's not going to get much better, he'll come back to them for their original contract offer.

friarfan07
07-15-2009, 02:46 PM
^ i was thinking that too. but based on his finals performance (13.6 PPG, up from his season and playoff average), a fringe playoff team may make a splurge.

but i think he'll sign with LA again. he did play with the clippers all those years, so he must really like being on a championship team. at least i'd hope he feels that way. it would be pathetic to see him go to a worse team for like $1MM extra a year.

Mr.Nate30
07-15-2009, 11:15 PM

2 future first rounder sounds good