PDA

View Full Version : Realistically How Long before lebron wins a Title now?

icemanace1
07-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Ok I don't care that they got shaq. With all that's been going on:
Artest to lakers, jefferson to spurs, wallace to celtics, hedo to raptors and so on.. How long before lebron wins a title? I say 3 years maybe 4. Theres no one left on free agency to help them beat boston or orlando and lets face it they can't beat the wicked 3 of the west.( Lakers, Spurs, Mavericks). To make it even worse the spurs and lakers are going to be contenders for the next 3 years because the teams are fairly young and in their prime. What's your opinions sports fans?

bogdanrom
07-10-2009, 03:15 PM
What if Lebron never got a title? Now that would be ironic. A King without a crown.

KaganRS
07-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I'd say 3-4 years is a good guess ...but after this season , you never know whats going to happen , teams can show up out of anywhere new and improved like the Celtics did ......also there are young teams which are going to be scary in 3-4 years like OKC ...so it might be better if he wins it now.

DCSportsIsPain
07-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Never as a Cleveland Cavalier.
Maybe Jerry Buss won't mind paying a $50M luxury tax to add LeBron next year, just so all the Lakers fans who hate him can change their attitudes.

TheChosenOne88
07-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Ok I don't care that they got shaq. With all that's been going on:
Artest to lakers, jefferson to spurs, wallace to celtics, hedo to raptors and so on.. How long before lebron wins a title? I say 3 years maybe 4. Theres no one left on free agency to help them beat boston or orlando and lets face it they can't beat the wicked 3 of the west.( Lakers, Spurs, Mavericks). To make it even worse the spurs and lakers are going to be contenders for the next 3 years because the teams are fairly young and in their prime. What's your opinions sports fans?

Boston got better, Orlando didn't IMO. The Magic had a good thing going for them with Rashard and Hedo because it caused match up problems for the Cavs. Boston gets KG back and Sheed so they got better. I can understand you saying they can't beat the Lakers, but just because the Spurs got RJ and the Mavs got Marion doesn't mean we can't beat them.

J-Relo
07-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Cavs have a good chance to win it this upcoming season.

tland22
07-10-2009, 03:30 PM
next 2 years

Chronz
07-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Whenever he signs with the Nets, or the Clippers

Hawkeye15
07-10-2009, 03:32 PM
They still will add some more this offseason. Realistically, they could win it this upcoming season if they get some scoring help on the wing. Shaq will make a bigger difference than many think come playoff time.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-10-2009, 03:33 PM
What if Lebron never got a title? Now that would be ironic. A King without a crown.

sadly he will get one at some point. i doubt it next year, but after that, who knows what roster he might have.

architect13563
07-10-2009, 03:33 PM
4 years... maybe..

Statik1
07-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Championship?? Baby steps first! 1. Focusing on not getting dunked on by a college sophomore.... JK

JordansBulls
07-10-2009, 03:45 PM
He has time.

naztrack
07-10-2009, 03:50 PM
This might sound crazy but the nba is set up for him to fail for the next 2 years or so, then say a few years past, guess what teams that had young talent before now have players in there prime, all the mean while lebron is getting older and older. he just might not win one at all!

cowboyz180
07-10-2009, 03:52 PM
he'll win one in a couple years...

naztrack
07-10-2009, 03:52 PM
boston got better, orlando didn't imo. The magic had a good thing going for them with rashard and hedo because it caused match up problems for the cavs. Boston gets kg back and sheed so they got better. i can understand you saying they can't beat the lakers, but just because the spurs got rj and the mavs got marion doesn't mean we can't beat them.

actually thats excatly what that means, sorry man, you guys need more pieces.

LA_Raiders
07-10-2009, 03:58 PM
4-5 years, He will go to NY to a "rebuilding" team, or stay in Clev with the same aging team...

Next 3 years is all Lakers then Kobe & Artest will be around 34, no more fish, Gasol & Odom around 31, but you never know how Dwade & Melos teams will improve...

Its a hard road to win a championship.....

LA_Raiders
07-10-2009, 03:59 PM
^ and Kobe already has 4 Rings...Yeah!!!

RaysFan
07-10-2009, 04:38 PM
I think it is all about image when it comes to a thread like this. I think Cleveland's image was shot to hell in the Orlando series. To hell. Cleveland went from a 67 win team to a club that was a long way away because of that series. People forget that prior to the Orlando series, Cleveland was the odds on favorite to win the title. In that Orlando series 3 of the 6 games came down to a buzzer-beater, yet most people claim that Cleveland got stomped and couldn't even compete against the Magic. That's just another example of how perceptions change so quickly. Another thing is that everyone is loving the Sheed to Boston move...yet I remember specifically posting about the possibility of Sheed going to Cleveland and most of this forum dismissed it as a good move because Wallace was too old, quit on the Pistons, had bad knees, etc. So again, perceptions change.

-Cleveland was a 67 win team last year. The core of that team (Andy, LeBron, Mo, Delonte) is 26 or younger. Since then they added 1 of the best center in the NBA as well as a nice 6-6 SG/SF to come off the bench and guard bigger wing players. They literally lost nobody of value either.

-Boston was a 62 win team last year. They core of that team (KG, Allen, and Pierce) is really getting up there in age. KG is coming off of a major knee surgery. Rondo should improve, which is a positive. They add Wallace but could very well lose Powe and/or Big Baby. Both of those guys were solid players for the C's last year. I'm not sure how much better they got when you factor in who they could lose and another year of wear and tear on those old legs.

-Orlando was a 58 win team last year. They exchange Hedo, Battie, Gortat, and Lee for Carter and Bass. I think they more or less stay the same, but the big dis-advantage is that they lose Hedo and Hedo was a huge matchup advantage for Orlando against Cleveland.

To sum it all up, I think Cleveland is the favorite in the East and they could matchup well with the Lakers if the 2 teams every meet.

plpfctn
07-10-2009, 04:43 PM
as many as Keith Closs has.

ko8e24
07-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Boston got better, Orlando didn't IMO. The Magic had a good thing going for them with Rashard and Hedo because it caused match up problems for the Cavs. Boston gets KG back and Sheed so they got better. I can understand you saying they can't beat the Lakers, but just because the Spurs got RJ and the Mavs got Marion doesn't mean we can't beat them.

Orlando just got brandon bass, their bench is much more improved with pietrus, johnson (i'm sure he'll get resigned), bass, ryan anderson, redick. then u got jameer, vince (not same shooter or playmaker as turk, but good enuf for a guy no longer in his prime), howard, rashard, etc.

NYtilIdie
07-10-2009, 04:58 PM
He's still young so he has plenty of time. If I had to guess either this year or 3-4 after this year.

BkOriginalOne
07-10-2009, 05:02 PM
He always HAS a chance. Wait til Kobe gets a bit older and hope that a lot of teams don't have offseasons like this one.
2011 Lebron gets his ring.

mrblisterdundee
07-10-2009, 05:04 PM
The Lakers and the Magic are the most realistic threat to LeBron's chances at a title in the next three years.
The Spurs will fall apart pretty soon, regardless of Jefferson arriving. Duncan and Ginobili are getting too old. I'm just excited to see where Tony Parker will be traded once San Antonio starts rebuilding.
Signing Shaq is like filling a pothole with asphalt: it'll need to be fixed again next year. The Cavaliers are going to face continual cohesion problems as they find an offensively decent big man to help LeBron in the paint.
Dwight is going to more effectively *****-slap the Cavaliers' big men in the coming years. In the back court, Vince Carter will be doing the same to Cleveland's guards. I'd like to see Delonte West and Mo Williams do what Frederic Weis couldn't.
The Celtics are a shorter-lived version of the Spurs. Don't expect a bunch of 30-somethings to come back and dominate; this isn't Original Gangstas. I'll be interested to see when they officially cancel the new "dynasty."
The Lakers have the staying power that comes with the best finisher in the league, and one of the best defenders overall at small forward. Pau Gasol isn't as special as many make him out to be, and Bynum ain't no Shaq. Ron Artest, on the other hand, is the Lakers' modern-day version of Scotty Pippen. Nobody can deny that they are the favorites in the near future.

Cavsalltheway
07-10-2009, 05:09 PM
I think it is all about image when it comes to a thread like this. I think Cleveland's image was shot to hell in the Orlando series. To hell. Cleveland went from a 67 win team to a club that was a long way away because of that series. People forget that prior to the Orlando series, Cleveland was the odds on favorite to win the title. In that Orlando series 3 of the 6 games came down to a buzzer-beater, yet most people claim that Cleveland got stomped and couldn't even compete against the Magic. That's just another example of how perceptions change so quickly. Another thing is that everyone is loving the Sheed to Boston move...yet I remember specifically posting about the possibility of Sheed going to Cleveland and most of this forum dismissed it as a good move because Wallace was too old, quit on the Pistons, had bad knees, etc. So again, perceptions change.

-Cleveland was a 67 win team last year. The core of that team (Andy, LeBron, Mo, Delonte) is 26 or younger. Since then they added 1 of the best center in the NBA as well as a nice 6-6 SG/SF to come off the bench and guard bigger wing players. They literally lost nobody of value either.

-Boston was a 62 win team last year. They core of that team (KG, Allen, and Pierce) is really getting up there in age. KG is coming off of a major knee surgery. Rondo should improve, which is a positive. They add Wallace but could very well lose Powe and/or Big Baby. Both of those guys were solid players for the C's last year. I'm not sure how much better they got when you factor in who they could lose and another year of wear and tear on those old legs.

-Orlando was a 58 win team last year. They exchange Hedo, Battie, Gortat, and Lee for Carter and Bass. I think they more or less stay the same, but the big dis-advantage is that they lose Hedo and Hedo was a huge matchup advantage for Orlando against Cleveland.

To sum it all up, I think Cleveland is the favorite in the East and they could matchup well with the Lakers if the 2 teams every meet.

I think this is a very good analysis . I would agree with everything said here.

xBLAMEITON24x
07-10-2009, 05:12 PM
I think this year is Lebron best chance of winning a title with that said it not that big of a chance with lakers and celtics looking so good. if not this year, lebron might have to wait a couple more years atleast.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-10-2009, 05:14 PM
3 years when he comes to the Nets.

Zefflin
07-10-2009, 05:20 PM
He'll have at least one before he retires. At least.

cubulls
07-10-2009, 05:20 PM
He will dethrone Karl Malone as the best player to never win a ring.

Zefflin
07-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm in a laughy mood today that was funny.

tbomlad
07-10-2009, 05:24 PM
The Magic will interchange parts around Nelson, Bass, and Howard for the next 10 years. So for the next 3 or 4 years Vince carter, Rashard Lewis, Pietrus, and Ryan Anderson will serve as Lebron's tormentors. Lebron's only chance is to join the Magic once Vince is gone otherwise he will not win a title.

Iron24th
07-10-2009, 05:24 PM
When Kobe retires,he'll have a chance to win one.

Zefflin
07-10-2009, 05:25 PM
^^ x2

blacknell
07-10-2009, 05:43 PM
prob this season

Blah Blah Blah
07-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Not with Cleveland I don't think. Shaq I think is gonna cause more problems than good cuz he's just gonna be cloggin up the lanes preventing Lebron from drivin and drawing "fouls".

RaiderLakersA's
07-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't see LeBron winning a title for at least another 4+ years, unless he leaves Cleveland for Portland, Dallas, San Antonio, Orlando, Atlanta, or LA next year. I'm only half-kidding when I say that.

RaiderLakersA's
07-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Shaq I think is gonna cause more problems than good cuz he's just gonna be cloggin up the lanes preventing Lebron from drivin and drawing "fouls".

The bottom line is that Shaq isn't the unstoppable force that he once was. Even he'd admit that. So the answer to the Cavs riddle is to do exactly what Orlando did to them: shut down everyone else on the floor and let LeBron try to beat you by himself. In this league you need at least 2 all stars operating on all cylinders to get to the Conference Finals, but you need more than that to win a title. It's not going to happen for LeBron in 2009-2010. I just don't see how they get by the Magic, Celts, Hawks, or any other long team that plays defense. And that's not even mentioning the teams in the West that are much improved on paper.

I think this all comes down to where LeBron signs in 2010.

RaysFan
07-10-2009, 06:14 PM
The bottom line is that Shaq isn't the unstoppable force that he once was. Even he'd admit that. So the answer to the Cavs riddle is to do exactly what Orlando did to them: shut down everyone else on the floor and let LeBron try to beat you by himself. In this league you need at least 2 all stars operating on all cylinders to get to the Conference Finals, but you need more than that to win a title. It's not going to happen for LeBron in 2009-2010. I just don't see how they get by the Magic, Celts, Hawks, or any other long team that plays defense. And that's not even mentioning the teams in the West that are much improved on paper.

I think this all comes down to where LeBron signs in 2010.

So trading Wallace for Shaq does no good at all?

Again, that is part of the perception that I am talking about. Shaq is a big upgrade over Wallace, yet there is a good perception of people that think Cleveland would of been better off with Big Ben. Go figure..

jayl1377
07-10-2009, 06:20 PM
he will win a title the day he releases the video of his primadonna *** getting dunked on by that kid from xavier

Teeboy1487
07-10-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't know. I can name four teams that are better than the cavs right now. It depends on what happens. He will have a good chance next season though with shaq in the lineup.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-10-2009, 06:29 PM
lets see what team he goes to next year.

jsumadchat
07-10-2009, 06:32 PM
i was saying this exactly a couple years ago. what if lebron never wins a title? lebron is the type of player that needs the ball in his hands every second. in order to facilitate he has to pass, rebound, and score. i feel like when a player needs to have the ball in his hand that much, he will never succeed. i think his team has enough talent to win, but in the end i feel like lebron james needs to re-evaluate the way he plays the game. all around greatness on the court is a good thing, but watching cavs games sometimes, you get the feeling that he doesnt WANT to give the ball up and he NEEDS to do everything. i felt like this was the same situation kevin garnett was in when he was in minny and he was a statistical BEAST. look at how his numbers fell in boston even though he finally won a title. i personally think lebron james is headed in the same direction. he needs to be able to fully trust his team before he can win a title. cant wait to hear from the lebron fanboys on this one.

madiaz3
07-10-2009, 07:11 PM
So trading Wallace for Shaq does no good at all?

Again, that is part of the perception that I am talking about. Shaq is a big upgrade over Wallace, yet there is a good perception of people that think Cleveland would of been better off with Big Ben. Go figure..

Not sure Lebron will be as dominate with Shaq there, the only question is whether he will have to be.

ElMarroAfamado
07-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Lebron is never going to win a title....while kobe or other stars are in the league....
unless the league becomes mediocre and there are no perennial hall of famers
then he might have a chance ....personally i think its great because he is the most hatable individual in the history of sports.....

sucks for his team because THEY are always going to get blamed for james inability to bring his team a title...