PDA

View Full Version : Channing Frye to sign with Phoenix

Highlight
07-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Free agent forward Channing Frye will reportedly sign a two-year deal with the Phoenix Suns.
The deal will be worth $3.8 million over two years, with the second year coming at Frye's option. The Suns are rather limited in their frontcourt at this time, and it's conceivable that he could have some fantasy value competing against Louis Amundson for playing time.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-hillsuns071009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

JordansBulls
07-10-2009, 01:38 PM
No need for him unless you are planning on getting rid of Amare.

Highlight
07-10-2009, 01:39 PM

That's the first thing that came to mind with me, but we'll see...

Then again, Steve Nash is close to signing an extension now and I am not sure he would sign one with Amare gone. (That's if they don't get some nice pieces Nash would be content with)

Phoenix is a big question mark at this point to me. No idea what they will do.

brazilianblur
07-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Amare isn't going anywhere kep dreaming. ESPN Rumor Central is saying that the Suns are telling Amar'e that they will keep him. Amare can play C and Frye PF or the other way around. Hill is reportedly close to resigning.
Potential Lineup
Nash/Dragic
J-Rich/Barbosa
HIll/Dudley/Clark
Frye/Louis
STAT/RoLo

Tblaze
07-10-2009, 02:10 PM

Why? trust me, Frye isn't a starter by any means.

king4day
07-10-2009, 02:38 PM

At the moment, Amar'e will be back at Center, so they need a better starting PF than Amundson.
This move has nothing to do with Amar'e's state with the team.

Trouble87
07-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Frye will be a solid back up if they use him to his strengths on the court

king4day
07-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Why? trust me, Frye isn't a starter by any means.

Barring any major moves (Chandler), it looks like he will be with us. Unless Amundson has an 'out of your mind' preseason.

STAT32
07-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Frye won't be starting with us. Don't forget we still have Wallace's contract that we can use to go out and sign a mobile big man.

Highlight
07-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Frye won't be starting with us. Don't forget we still have Wallace's contract that we can use to go out and sign a mobile big man.

That's if Phoenix's owner decides he would rather be a contender over saving money.

I feel sorry for Suns fans. They've had so many miss opportunities due to economic reasons with their owner...

JPHX
07-10-2009, 02:55 PM
That's if Phoenix's owner decides he would rather be a contender over saving money.

I feel sorry for Suns fans. They've had so many miss opportunities due to economic reasons with their owner...

you have no idea. the pain feels like when your girlfriend breaks up with you, but instead of moving out she bangs 4 guys on YOUR bed and asks you to clean the sheets and cook them breakfast.

Ace33Bone
07-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Whew Cleveland just dodged a bullet I did not want him in our lineup thank you Phoenix

brazilianblur
07-10-2009, 03:12 PM

I think he would rather spend the money on a player that will contribute rather than one who will not. Although a Chandler deal is unlikely it could still happen, his contract is expiring as well. The thing that bothers me the most is that I know we won't win, but we have to try because our owner traded kurt thomas + 2 draft picks to the Thunder for cash. Now we dont have a pick this season, so we cant begin to rebuild

tland22
07-10-2009, 03:18 PM
he STINKS. His points and rebounds have each gone down steadily since he has been in the league for these 4 years. he is washed up already! hahaha

Julio Zuleta
07-10-2009, 03:20 PM
channing frye is a solid nba player. im glad to see him get on a team where he will be able to contribute

tland22
07-10-2009, 03:22 PM
channing frye is a solid nba player. im glad to see him get on a team where he will be able to contribute

are you kidding me? Is there something wrong with you. Can you even read? I SAID THAT HIS POINTS AND REBOUNDS HAVE STEADILY DECLINED SINCE HE HAS BEEN IN THIS LEAGUE. ALL 4 YEARS HE HAS GOTTEN DRASTICALLY WORSE. HE STINKS

king4day
07-10-2009, 03:31 PM
he STINKS. His points and rebounds have each gone down steadily since he has been in the league for these 4 years. he is washed up already! hahaha

Your laugh reminds me of Evil Peter Griffin's from family guy.

But the team knows he's not what he was as a rookie with NY. They need depth and since it's unlikely we're getting Chandler, we need cheap players.

king4day
07-10-2009, 03:33 PM
are you kidding me? Is there something wrong with you. Can you even read? I SAID THAT HIS POINTS AND REBOUNDS HAVE STEADILY DECLINED SINCE HE HAS BEEN IN THIS LEAGUE. ALL 4 YEARS HE HAS GOTTEN DRASTICALLY WORSE. HE STINKS

Nash has helped a lot of subpar players' (Barnes) stats look good over the years.
Channing Frye will be no different.
He won't be an allstar, but whatever he does with us will make him want to opt out of his deal after this year and sign elsewhere next year for a bit more. That's how it works when you come to Phoenix.

Rome
07-10-2009, 03:34 PM

Thanks man, that makes us feel a little better :eyebrow: Lol

But your right.

TheChosenOne88
07-10-2009, 03:42 PM
So it's pretty much a 1 year deal for $1.9 million (assuming his stats go up with more playing time). He took the money over a chance to compete for a ring, the Cavs probably offered him $1.4-$1.6 million annually for 2-3 years and he wanted more.

architect13563
07-10-2009, 04:03 PM
if they keep STAT.. it's back to Mike D offense... if that's the case, frye may fit right in.