PDA

View Full Version : Report: Nash close to agreement with Suns

x_notorious
07-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Grant Hill(notes) has decided to re-sign with the Phoenix Suns, and a large part of the decision is based on the belief that Steve Nash(notes) is close to reaching an agreement on a contract extension, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Suns will also sign free agent Channing Frye(notes) to a two-year deal for $3.8 million, sources said. The second season is at Frye’s option.

The New York Knicks reportedly offered Hill the choice of a one-year, $5 million deal or a three-year, $10 million contract. Hill also had an offer from the Boston Celtics.Nevertheless, he’s believed to be comfortable with the direction of the Suns to re-sign there.

The terms of the Nash extension are unclear, although one source believes it is a three-year deal worth about $33 million.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-hillsuns071009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Frrrrank!!!
07-10-2009, 01:11 PM
I guess winning isn't important to Hill.

Ni55anpat
07-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Celtics won't win it anyway. Mine as well, go back to the suns ....where he will actually play.

LA_Raiders
07-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Oh well, He is not going to win a championship anyway, and Pho is where all the Oldschools end up....

Like shaq...

Frrrrank!!!
07-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Celtics won't win it anyway. Mine as well, go back to the suns ....where he will actually play.

Oh really, well can you tell me who does? That way I can head to Vegas!

bal_ravens
07-10-2009, 01:25 PM
^^ But you said "winning isn't important to Hill".

What makes you think the Suns can't win?

Frrrrank!!!
07-10-2009, 01:38 PM
^^ But you said "winning isn't important to Hill".

What makes you think the Suns can't win?

Look at their roster.

cowboyz180
07-10-2009, 01:57 PM
i dont think the suns are going anywhere...

brazilianblur
07-10-2009, 02:01 PM
^^^^
7/8 seed is conceivable. Dont have a draft pick this year so might as well try.

Mile High Champ
07-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Love Nash, Ist great that he commiting to the suns, cant imagine him any other jersey.

JOSKOMANG4
07-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Suns:

C: Amare Stoudamire/Robin Lopez
PF: Channing Frye/Louis Amudson#/ Earl Clark*/Taylor Griffin*
SF: Grant Hill/Alando Tucker/Jared Dudley/Emir Preldvic*
SG: Jason Richardson/Leandro Barbosa/Sasho Pavlovic
PG: Steve Nash/Goran Dragic

Sorry to tell you all.. but Phoenix IS a playoff caliber team.. Not sure why ppl are counting them out already.

West Outlook: as of now

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Mavericks
5. Portland
6. Utah
7. Suns
8. Hornets

J-Relo
07-10-2009, 03:10 PM
^^^ agree

BTownTeamsRKing
07-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Suns:

C: Amare Stoudamire/Robin Lopez
PF: Channing Frye/Louis Amudson#/ Earl Clark*/Taylor Griffin*
SF: Grant Hill/Alando Tucker/Jared Dudley/Emir Preldvic*
SG: Jason Richardson/Leandro Barbosa/Sasho Pavlovic
PG: Steve Nash/Goran Dragic

Sorry to tell you all.. but Phoenix IS a playoff caliber team.. Not sure why ppl are counting them out already.

West Outlook: as of now

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Mavericks
5. Portland
6. Utah
7. Suns
8. Hornets

1. Amare should NOT be a center.
2. Channing Frye couldnt start for the Knicks or even get much playing time.
3. Grant Hill was being debated as whether or not he could even help the Celtics off the bench. never mind starting and being a main contributor.
4. J-rich has been a massive underachiever his whole career. and last no year was no exception.
5. What team that thinks it can contend trades Shaq for a 2nd round pick?

the suns are not going anywhere this year.

u wanna play the roster game?
Ill take the clippers

Baron Davis
Eric Gordon
Al Thornton
Blake Griffin
Marcus Camby/ Chris Kaman

or even the Griz

AI/Conley
Mayo
Gay
Z-Bo
Gasol/Thabeet

TheChosenOne88
07-10-2009, 03:20 PM
That just hurt the Knicks plan.

KaganRS
07-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Phoenix Suns are going nowhere in a hurry , congrats.

JOSKOMANG4
07-10-2009, 03:26 PM
3. Grant Hill was being debated as whether or not he could even help the Celtics off the bench. never mind starting and being a main contributor.
4. J-rich has been a massive underachiever his whole career. and last no year was no exception.

u wanna play the roster game?
Ill take the clippers

Baron Davis
Eric Gordon
Al Thornton
Blake Griffin
Marcus Camby/ Chris Kaman

or even the Griz

AI/Conley
Mayo
Gay
Z-Bo
Gasol/Thabeet

I honeslty believe the Grizzles will be sleeper in the Western Conference.. I Do believe though they shouldn't focus on AI but instead try and persuade ANdre Miller to Come to Memphis. I will be the 1st to say that Z-BO was a big pickup for them.. yeah his contract sucks, but he contributes day in/out.

As for the Clippers, I also believe their a playoff caliber team. I Do see them making a deal before the season starts: possibly dealing away C/PF Chris Kaman.

Projected Trade:

Kaman to OKC for PG Watson, SG Sefolosha, and 2010 2nd rd pick.

I do think even if they made this trade, they'd still be a over .500 team, but they will fall short.

I would love the Grizzles to make the playoffs.. but i see them falling short as well.

Opinions are opinions.

Amare and Nash are a great 1-2 tandem.. and with the trade of shaq, they get back to their old days: High-tempo offense.

Hill and J rich will contribute greatly and YES.. i believe Channing frye will be a role player for this team... YESSS i know have him starting for now.. but I believe they might make Frye the back-up center.. and they'll move the rookie, Earl Clark in2 the PF starting position.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-10-2009, 03:30 PM
I honeslty believe the Grizzles will be sleeper in the Western Conference.. I Do believe though they shouldn't focus on AI but instead try and persuade ANdre Miller to Come to Memphis. I will be the 1st to say that Z-BO was a big pickup for them.. yeah his contract sucks, but he contributes day in/out.

As for the Clippers, I also believe their a playoff caliber team. I Do see them making a deal before the season starts: possibly dealing away C/PF Chris Kaman.

Projected Trade:

Kaman to OKC for PG Watson, SG Sefolosha, and 2010 2nd rd pick.

I do think even if they made this trade, they'd still be a over .500 team, but they will fall short.

I would love the Grizzles to make the playoffs.. but i see them falling short as well.

Opinions are opinions.

Amare and Nash are a great 1-2 tandem.. and with the trade of shaq, they get back to their old days: High-tempo offense.

Hill and J rich will contribute greatly and YES.. i believe Channing frye will be a role player for this team... YESSS i know have him starting for now.. but I believe they might make Frye the back-up center.. and they'll move the rookie, Earl Clark in2 the PF starting position.

heres the problem, if the suns are a playoff team in the west, that means almost anyone has a shot.

Phoenix right now is doing what the Celtics did for 20 years. They refused to rebuild until Danny Ainge took over and yet tried to win with a mediocre roster. it doesnt work.

u either rebuild or contend. u cant do both.

best case scenario, a team like this gets embarrased in the 1st round by a stacked #1 seed. its usually what happens.

Afridi786
07-10-2009, 03:40 PM
I guess winning isn't important to Hill.

Maybe he likes his teammates, I'm sure the contenders offered him the same money.

king4day
07-10-2009, 03:46 PM
heres the problem, if the suns are a playoff team in the west, that means almost anyone has a shot.

Phoenix right now is doing what the Celtics did for 20 years. They refused to rebuild until Danny Ainge took over and yet tried to win with a mediocre roster. it doesnt work.

u either rebuild or contend. u cant do both.

best case scenario, a team like this gets embarrased in the 1st round by a stacked #1 seed. its usually what happens.

Why are you so mad at the Suns?

Rome
07-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Best case scenario, a team like this gets embarrased in the 1st round by a stacked #1 seed. its usually what happens.

I'd rather be in the playoffs and have a chance then no chance at all.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Why are you so mad at the Suns?

im not. i actually like the suns bc of Amare. sick player.

im just stating the truth. at best the suns get beat by LA in the playoffs. at worst, they are in the lotto.

we cant have 12 playoff teams.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-10-2009, 03:51 PM
I'd rather be in the playoffs and have a chance then no chance at all.

i used to think that, but its bad. its just awful watching your favorite team get demolished in 4-5 games. even if u know u dont have much of a chance, its still not fun.

id rather just rebuild for an actuall shot at the title or long playoff run.

Rome
07-10-2009, 04:03 PM
i used to think that, but its bad. its just awful watching your favorite team get demolished in 4-5 games. even if u know u dont have much of a chance, its still not fun.

id rather just rebuild for an actuall shot at the title or long playoff run.

Yea, but there are no guarantees in this game. Say we do make the 7th or 8spot, Lakers could be a little hurt when it comes down to it, so could we.

No first rounder, no point in rebuilding yet.

Indi23
07-10-2009, 04:06 PM
im not. i actually like the suns bc of Amare. sick player.

im just stating the truth. at best the suns get beat by LA in the playoffs. at worst, they are in the lotto.

we cant have 12 playoff teams.

Oh i love how people that know shid all about other teams come and state there opinion because there so smart. First of all we have no lotto smart @$$ and 2nd before you post do some effing research.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Oh i love how people that know shid all about other teams come and state there opinion because there so smart. First of all we have no lotto smart @$$ and 2nd before you post do some effing research.

im aware of that. they sent it away along with kurt thomas. and i was talking about teams in general in the position of the Suns next year.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Yea, but there are no guarantees in this game. Say we do make the 7th or 8spot, Lakers could be a little hurt when it comes down to it, so could we.

No first rounder, no point in rebuilding yet.

true. i wouldnt bet on it though

G-Bear
07-10-2009, 04:33 PM

Amare played at centre for some great run 'n' gun years he may be undersized but he's a monster, with the pic and roll back and Alvin Gentry allowing him to play his own game is moving to centre really a big problem?

I agree that trading Shaq for cap space was not a move which a contender would make but aren't we still in contention to trade Wallace for Chandler? Then by moving Amare to PF and Chandler as C. With Clark backing up G.Hill for the season the team starts to look more like a contender no?

BTownTeamsRKing
07-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Amare played at centre for some great run 'n' gun years he may be undersized but he's a monster, with the pic and roll back and Alvin Gentry allowing him to play his own game is moving to centre really a big problem?

I agree that trading Shaq for cap space was not a move which a contender would make but aren't we still in contention to trade Wallace for Chandler? Then by moving Amare to PF and Chandler as C. With Clark backing up G.Hill for the season the team starts to look more like a contender no?

adding Chandler defintely would be an improvement over ben wallace who isnt going to do a thing.

G-Bear
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
adding Chandler defintely would be an improvement over ben wallace who isnt going to do a thing.

I thought it was widely known we only took Wallace for dumping his salary. We were never going to add him to the roster just trade or dump. :smoking:

TheHoopsProphet
07-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I have more respect for Hill and Nash after this. In a world where old players with no rings jump on the championship bandwagon, when their play in that run was almost entirely irrelevant, this is very refreshing news. <3Nash/Hill<3

braveniler58
07-10-2009, 06:05 PM
I have more respect for Hill and Nash after this. In a world where old players with no rings jump on the championship bandwagon, when their play in that run was almost entirely irrelevant, this is very refreshing news. <3Nash/Hill<3

Agreed.

Despite what others may say, the Suns will be a tough team to play. No Shaq means our run-and-gun system should be much more fluent. Frye isn't the best out there, but he fits our system. What we need to do now is to get rid of Sasha Pavlovic, trade Ben Wallace for a center that'll actually help (or he can go retire), and maybe trade J-Rich for an defensive stud. Grant Hill has been amazing for us, and there's no reason to believe he won't continue to be amazing. Yes, he's getting old, but he missed a good chunk of his prime years, and he's making up for that now.

oak2455
07-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Look at their roster.

Garnett cant walk:)