PDA

View Full Version : should mavs keep jho at sg or trade him?

mavsman21
07-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Should the Mavs keep Josh Howard at shooting guard, or would they be better off trading him for a legit shooting guard?

JordansBulls
07-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Trade him for Mcgrady.

Dallas would have a whip of a team if they did that.

Kidd
Mcgrady
Marion
Dirk
Gortat

Chronz
07-10-2009, 12:45 PM
That actually seems reasonable.

Damp+JHo

For Tmac and Wafer or Battier (You cant expect Dallas to give up a decent 2 way player for an injured 1-way player)

BlondeBomber41
07-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Dampier isnt getting traded unless its in a deal for a legit star. His contract is set up to where its basically an expiring at any point you want it to be and the Mavericks have it lined up for a real big deal.

I'd rather go after Michael Redd or Rip than McGrady.

daleja424
07-10-2009, 01:01 PM
3 team trade with Phoenix and Miami...

main pieces would be beasley + haslem + 2010 lst rounder to phoenix, j-rich OR Barbosa to phoenix, and amare and howard to miami...

EastCoastBaller
Damn Dallas could be a top 3 team in west this season... everyone is forgetting they still have J. Terry as the 6th man.

tromo9
i dont understand why people still think tmac can contribute like a allstar ...his knees are doneeeee....why trade josh howard who still ball for a washed up tmac

thephoenixson28
07-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Trade him for Mcgrady.

Kidd
Mcgrady
Marion
Dirk
Gortat That would be one crazy lineup I think that would put them on top. I say don't do it.

J_M_B
07-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Are you forgetting that they still have Jason Terry as their 6th man?

st3voness
07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Are you forgetting that they still have Jason Terry as their 6th man?

Yeah, that's the thing. Our starting SG last season played maybe 10-12 minutes the whole game, and Jason Terry played the rest.

tland22
07-10-2009, 01:28 PM
well, for one thing if you trade him you will not be getting what you consider a legit SG in return.

Young2Kinsler
07-10-2009, 01:29 PM
No, Dallas should not trade him, and won't unless a team just knocks their socks off with an offer. If they trade anyone, it will be Dampier, since we have 2 big men behind him now. I honestly think Dallas is pretty much done for this offseason, unless they just get a steal of a deal. Dampiers contract is so valuable, it would allow us to be big players in the free agent market next offseason. The roster is pretty much full for Dallas

Kidd
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Dampier

Gortat
Terry
Barea
Ross
Carroll
Jawai
Buckner

The back of the bench could use some help, but it's not like that matters come playoff time anyway. Dallas 8-9 man rotation is definately tops.

LA_Raiders
07-10-2009, 01:29 PM
They are good the way they are...

I still think they can't beat LA, SA, Den & Uth....

st3voness
07-10-2009, 01:31 PM
No, Dallas should not trade him, and won't unless a team just knocks their socks off with an offer. If they trade anyone, it will be Dampier, since we have 2 big men behind him now. I honestly think Dallas is pretty much done for this offseason, unless they just get a steal of a deal. Dampiers contract is so valuable, it would allow us to be big players in the free agent market next offseason. The roster is pretty much full for Dallas

Kidd
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Dampier

Gortat
Terry
Barea
Ross
Carroll
Jawai
Buckner

The back of the bench could use some help, but it's not like that matters come playoff time anyway. Dallas 8-9 man rotation is definately tops.

I expect Gortat to start unless we play a team with a dominant C, then I see Carlisle inserting Dampier for defensive purposes. Dampier and the rest of the Mavs' organization pretty much know his time here in Dallas is done, and the only reason he's on the team is to be traded next offseason.

And, if we can retain Bass somehow, 8 man rotation IS tops.

Young2Kinsler
07-10-2009, 01:33 PM
well, for one thing if you trade him you will not be getting what you consider a legit SG in return.

I agree, I don't think Dallas would get fair value for Howard.

cowboyz180
07-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Trade him for Mcgrady.

Kidd
Mcgrady
Marion
Dirk
Gortat
I dont think they should. Mcgrady is to injury prone.

cowboyz180
07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I expect Gortat to start unless we play a team with a dominant C, then I see Carlisle inserting Dampier for defensive purposes. Dampier and the rest of the Mavs' organization pretty much know his time here in Dallas is done, and the only reason he's on the team is to be traded next offseason.

And, if we can retain Bass somehow, 8 man rotation IS tops.
Bass just signed with the magic. :( It was a 4 year 18 million dollar deal.
link: http://nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/10/magic.bass/index.html

st3voness
07-10-2009, 02:16 PM
:( dang, I'll miss the guy. The Magic are a really scary team now.

YankeeFan89
07-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Trade him for Mcgrady.

Kidd
Mcgrady
Marion
Dirk
Gortat

I think he'll fit right in. McGrady should be healthy when he comes back. I'm sure he'll produce in his free agent year( if he wants to make money in 2010)

Chronz
07-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Dampiers contract is so valuable, it would allow us to be big players in the free agent market next offseason. The roster is pretty much full for Dallas

Im pretty sure Dallas isnt gonna have any CAP room even if they let Damp expire.

Alwaysballin247
07-10-2009, 02:28 PM
I would start Jacon terry

C-gortat
PF-Dirk
Sf-Marion
sg-Jacon terry
pg-Kidd

Trade Josh Howard for Bench players and sign Barnes... Josh howard for Outlaw and steve Blake? maybe something like that or howard for posey and butler maybe Idk just throwing out some names but the west has some pretty good bench players so dallas already has a nice starting line up so get some hekp for the second unit

Alwaysballin247
07-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Jason terry*

JordansBulls
07-10-2009, 02:29 PM
They are good the way they are...

I still think they can't beat LA, SA, Den & Uth....

Dallas has always played San Antonio well. Utah isn't in the discussion here and Denver hasn't improved while Dallas has.

If they were to make that deal for Mcgrady and he plays they match up well with LA.

Kidd vs Fisher
Mcgrady vs Kobe
Marion vs Artest
Dirk vs Gasol
Gortat vs Bynum

xbev_2k5
07-10-2009, 02:34 PM
i say keep jho and trade damp away

st3voness
07-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Im pretty sure Dallas isnt gonna have any CAP room even if they let Damp expire.

You've obviously missed the whole point of the Erick Dampier thing.

Young2Kinsler
07-10-2009, 02:39 PM

We don't need cap room. If it's a sign and trade, that matters nothing. We will have a 13 million trade chip, which means we can offer alot more money to big name free agents that teams with salary cap room.

JOSKOMANG4
07-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I was just discussing this idea with a co-worker of mine...

Rockets trade SG Tracy Mcgrady to the Mavericks in exchange for SG Josh Howard and C Eric Dampier

Rockets: Acquire a young/healthy shooting guard and a center who plays tremendous defense. Dampier has a ***** contract but at least you can try and opt out of his contract at the end of the 2009 season!

Mavericks: If healthy, add a tremendous guard in Mcgrady who can provide Dallas with another scorer.

Rockets: Yao Ming* out for 2009 season.

Rockets:

C: Eric Dampier/Carl Landry/Joey Dorsey
PF: Luis Scola/Chuck Hayes/Brian Cook
SF: Shane Battier/Trevor Ariza/ Chase Budinger*
SG: Josh Howard/Brent Barry/Jermaine Taylor*
PG: Aaron Brooks/Kyle Lowry / Sergio Llull*

Mavericks:

C: Marcin Gortat/ Ryan Hollins
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Ahmad Nivins*/Kris Humphries
SF: Shawn Marion/Shawne Williams/Q.Ross
SG: Tracy Mcgrady/Jason Terry/Matt Carroll/Greg Buckner
PG: Jason Kidd/Jose Juan Barea / Nick Caletheses* / Rodrigue Beaubois*

tland22
07-10-2009, 03:01 PM
^^^^^ i like the above for both teams. TMAC will be a beast when he is back on the court in his contract year....

Ace33Bone
07-10-2009, 03:03 PM
I say keep howard for now... see how the season starts if things are not working out then ship him out of there... but no need tom trade him now

Blah Blah Blah
07-10-2009, 03:25 PM
why do so many ppl want T-Mac? I think Howard is better for you guys than McGrady will be cuz his knees are gone. But if you want Howard gone, Redd could be someone, just pricey tho. Maybe even Hamilton.

kjdills13
07-10-2009, 03:50 PM
This trade is realistic bc NO wants to dump sallary

Posey
Chandler
Butler

for

Dampier
Howard

Kidd/barea
Butler/terry
marion/posey
Dirk/humphrys
Chandler

NO then gets to get rid of chandlers contract and then basicly trade an aging posey and butler for howard, good deal for both teams i think

Hornets fans dont go crazy on me! You might trade chandler for wallace ( to buy him out) so this trade is better than that trade IMO