PDA

View Full Version : I love the future!!!

Cavsfan94
07-10-2009, 01:15 AM
You know what i love?! that next offseason my cavs will have close to 32 million to spend in the free agent market.... that is two max contracts..... the most anyone can offer next summer. Chris Bosh and Lebron maybe! I Love it! and dont say laker fans how you guys are going to get some big free agent to match us because you cant! You guys have -14 million dollars to spend next summer and after you guys sign lamar it will be colse to ummmmm -22 million. After the luxurytax you guys will be sucked dry of money everyone is locked up for a while as well. Is Mr. ferry the smartest GM is sports.... possibly.... is mitchy cuppy 4 the lakers the dumbest? most certainly up there for future planning. :clap:

superkegger
07-10-2009, 01:28 AM
Yes, they will have a good amount of cap space to try and sign LeBron with next summer. They'll also have some other money to play with, but most likely not enough to sign someone else to a max contract. Plus, that hinges upon LeBron re-signing, which is in no way guaranteed. If LeBron doesn't go back to Cleveland, it is hard to imagine they'd be able to land some other big name free agent.

It's a very boom or bust situation for the Cavs. They could strike it very rich, or they could be pretty completely ****ed if LeBron leaves and they can't bring in a different superstar free agent that summer. If LeBron leaves, and the Cavs can't get someone else, I think you'll be signing a very different tune about Danny Ferry. He's in a very tough spot, and he's done a decent job, but if LeBron leaves, he'll be left with Mo Williams and Anderson Varejao and a bunch of money he couldn't spend.

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
07-10-2009, 01:28 AM
haha wtf?

Driven
07-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Is Mr. ferry the smartest GM is sports.... possibly.... is mitchy cuppy 4 the lakers the dumbest? most certainly up there for future planning. :clap:

Nope

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
07-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Dude it seems that you just signed up so for that i say HOWDY.

But soon youll learn that you are not nearly as smart as you think you are. Im guessing youre young just from telling from this post alone. You will learn that ADULTS on this site get upset or angry and will just rip you up in the debate over sports. Just enjoy this post even tho youre about to get a bunch of backlash rite now.

And please dont make posts like this anymore.:D

Driven
07-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Personally, it was the 94 in his name that gave it away.

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
07-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Personally, it was the 94 in his name that gave it away.

haha yeah i forgot to say that.

marlinsfan24
07-10-2009, 01:38 AM
:crazy::pity:

Why are some people allowed to make threads?

Driven
07-10-2009, 01:38 AM
On a side note, does anyone know the complete list of teams with a lot of money to spend next offseason? Because there seem to be a ton of them, and in big markets as well.

scebbs9
07-10-2009, 01:39 AM
the future is looking good for the raptors!

scebbs9
Go raps go!!!
2010 nba champions

superkegger
On a side note, does anyone know the complete list of teams with a lot of money to spend next offseason? Because there seem to be a ton of them, and in big markets as well.

http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/resources/08-09salaries.htm

best i can do for ya

marlinsfan24
07-10-2009, 01:41 AM
http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/resources/08-09salaries.htm

best i can do for ya

According to that, Heat have more cap room, and the Cavs would be less cuz of the Varejao contract.

LA_Raiders
07-10-2009, 01:41 AM
You know what i love?! that next offseason my cavs will have close to 32 million to spend in the free agent market.... that is two max contracts..... the most anyone can offer next summer. Chris Bosh and Lebron maybe! I Love it! and dont say laker fans how you guys are going to get some big free agent to match us because you cant! You guys have -14 million dollars to spend next summer and after you guys sign lamar it will be colse to ummmmm -22 million. After the luxurytax you guys will be sucked dry of money everyone is locked up for a while as well. Is Mr. ferry the smartest GM is sports.... possibly.... is mitchy cuppy 4 the lakers the dumbest? most certainly up there for future planning. :clap:

lol, ure possibly the dumbst cavs fan....

Mitch = 4 rings
Ferry = 0 rings

Any Questions???

marlinsfan24
07-10-2009, 01:42 AM

Mitch = 4 rings
Ferry = 0 rings

Any Questions???

:clap:

Driven
07-10-2009, 01:43 AM
According to that, Heat have more cap room, and the Cavs would be less cuz of the Varejao contract.
You're probably looking at the wrong season.

superkegger
07-10-2009, 01:44 AM

Yeah, it was last updated on June 30th, it'll probably be updated again here in a couple days when details on the contracts signed come out

itsripcity32
07-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Yes you will love lebron leaving :D

Driven
07-10-2009, 02:03 AM
I use HoopsHype for salaries.

Varejao's contract won't make a difference. If Wade opts out, the Heat would have a total of $0 under contract if they wanted to.

Beasley, Cook and Jones have team options. If everyone uses their options, they're still going to have about $30 million under contract.

marlinsfan24
07-10-2009, 02:06 AM

Varejao's contract won't make a difference. If Wade opts out, the Heat would have a total of $0 under contract if they wanted to.

Beasley, Cook and Jones have team options. If everyone uses their options, they're still going to have about $30 million under contract.

I doubt they pick up Jones option. Beasley and Cook should be back though

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-10-2009, 02:15 AM
I didn't think the cavs had so much money for 2010, but too bad you're not the only team that has a lot of money. A lot of teams will try for amare, chris bosh, and all the rest of the nasty players so get out of here

cav_till_i_die
07-10-2009, 02:16 AM
so is this kid dumb or does he make any sense at all? cause somewhat seems true a little.... he seemed like he hyped up what they dont truly have

Theanswer76
07-10-2009, 02:22 AM
he needs a license to make a thread

superkegger
07-10-2009, 02:24 AM

I reccomend not using hoopshype for salary info.

They're usually ok, but in my experience, they often don't have wholly complete information. Just little things here and there, but they're just not wholly reliable.

SeoulBeatz
07-10-2009, 02:28 AM

eeek, u have no idea the world of trashtalk the laker fans are about to unleash on u

KaganRS
07-10-2009, 02:28 AM
this thread is garbage ......why is this guy out to prove he has the IQ of a donkey.

marlinsfan24
07-10-2009, 02:30 AM
close. kid is too young to get raped

superkegger
07-10-2009, 02:32 AM
close. kid is too young to get raped

I don't think there's an age limit on rape. Pretty sure the only requirement is unwillingness.

cav_till_i_die
07-10-2009, 02:37 AM
hes just a kid that didnt know what he was talking about.... its his first post... cut him some slack

superkegger
07-10-2009, 02:45 AM
No slack. We shall crucify him.

cav_till_i_die
07-10-2009, 02:47 AM
why? whats the point

simpsona
07-10-2009, 02:50 AM
Yeah, the kid obviously doesn't know what he was talking about. One thing that he said that he should re-think is the Lakers being dumb for "not planning for the future." It's okay to not plan for the future when you just went to the finals 2 years in a row, won the second time, and until further notice, have to be the early favorites to win it again. There is no need to plan for the future when you are already doing what every other team is trying to do. . . .Win Championships.

cav_till_i_die
07-10-2009, 02:52 AM
well it seems that some teams arnet trying to win... some teams are all putting there eggs in the 2010 free agent year. but what says that all those guys will opt out. i think bosh is the only one that for sure opt out

marlinsfan24
07-10-2009, 02:55 AM
well it seems that some teams arnet trying to win... some teams are all putting there eggs in the 2010 free agent year. but what says that all those guys will opt out. i think bosh is the only one that for sure opt out

their all opt out, its just a matter of who will re-sign

superkegger
07-10-2009, 02:55 AM
why? whats the point

Why not?

superkegger
07-10-2009, 02:57 AM
their all opt out, its just a matter of who will re-sign

Pretty much. If they weren't going to opt out, they'd have signed an extension this summer.

cav_till_i_die
07-10-2009, 02:58 AM
right... im a cavs fan... he did rip the champs for no reason it seems

it might be bias but i think lebron will stay... he can build a billiondollar industry in cleveland... and if he what he says he is"all aboutwinning" why would he start over in NY, a system that doesnt play defense?

Driven
07-10-2009, 03:02 AM
hes just a kid that didnt know what he was talking about.... its his first post... cut him some slack
Probably his first duplicate account as well.

superkegger
07-10-2009, 03:05 AM
right... im a cavs fan... he did rip the champs for no reason it seems

it might be bias but i think lebron will stay... he can build a billiondollar industry in cleveland... and if he what he says he is"all aboutwinning" why would he start over in NY, a system that doesnt play defense?

I think it's much the same situation as Shaq leaving for LA. The long and short of it, bigger, brighter lights in which to bask his ego in.

Driven
07-10-2009, 03:07 AM
I think it's much the same situation as Shaq leaving for LA. The long and short of it, bigger, brighter lights in which to bask his ego in.
If I was LeBron, I'd be going to New York as soon as possible no matter what. I think he'd be an idiot not to. The Cavs could win the Championship and the Knicks could come in last this season and it wouldn't change my mind.

cav_till_i_die
07-10-2009, 03:10 AM
If I was LeBron, I'd be going to New York as soon as possible no matter what. I think he'd be an idiot not to. The Cavs could win the Championship and the Knicks could come in last this season and it wouldn't change my mind.

i dont know why he would go to a rebuilding situation

Driven
07-10-2009, 03:16 AM
Because he can get out of Cleveland and go to New York. Simple as that. He's proven that he can come as close to single handedly carrying a team as anyone else. It ain't going to take much to build around him.

cav_till_i_die
07-10-2009, 03:19 AM
thats true... all he needs is a semi-clear lane and shooters that arnet afraid to shoot

cav_till_i_die
07-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Probably his first duplicate account as well.

i had an account before this for a while... i got a new one because my computer crashed and i forgot my old password

MAC10TIZZY
07-10-2009, 03:55 AM

Mitch = 4 rings
Ferry = 0 rings

Any Questions???

even as a magic fan, i was hopeing someone would say this.....

zezak
07-10-2009, 05:49 AM
LOL your a troll, the Cav's don't have allot of money to play with next summer since the cap went down.:confused::confused:

The Cavs cap before the signings was 36M. (Williams, West, Gibson, Lebron, Hickson,Jackson.) Now with the signing of the Andy (around 5.8M next year), Parker (2M next year) and Fyre? (2M next year). That goes up around 10M to 46M. If the cap is projected to at 54M, then the Cav's would have around 8M in cap space. Unless Bosh or Stat take a major pay cut I don't see the Cavs doing much with out some type of sign and trade.

Yet your bashing on the Laker organization how there over the cap but an idiot like your self forgot is that unlike the Cavs, the Lakers have a team that will contend for the championship with out needing to make any major signing's, just a role player here and there.

The Heat have the best scenario froom looking at the contracts:
Player Name..................2010-2011 Salary
Wade................ ..............$17,149,244.00
Beasley [Team Option].......$4,962,240.00
Jones................................$4,650,000.00
Cook [Team Option]...........$2,169,857.00
Chalmers [Team Option].....$854,389.00
Total................................. $29,785,730.00

Say Bosh can opt out and sign a 5 year, $87.8M contract

Bosh.................................$15,150,000
New Total......................... $44,935,730.00

The Heat will still have anywhere from 5-9M( Depending on how Bosh's contract would be) to throw at another player or do a sign and trade for a center, maybe renounce Haslem, Moon and Maglore rights or invlove them in a sign and trade.

Right Round
07-10-2009, 07:58 AM
This is a stupid thread, probably not worth replying to. Honestly, LeBron should easily go to NY. How would he be leaving a top team for a rebuilding situation? IT's not like the Cavs are anything at all without him. If I were LeBron, I would rather play with Chandler, Gallinari, and Jordan Hill for the next 6+ years than Mo Williams, Varajeo, and other garbage. The Cavs will be extremely screwed if LeBron comes back. Do you really think someone like Bosh would come to the Cavs to replace LeBron? They'd follow him to NY or go to the Heat or something. BUt with that being said, I still think LeBron will stay.

#24forPrez
07-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Did this kid really just compare Mitch to Ferry. Wow Mitch has done so much for LA more then ferry will ever do the 3peat bringing in malone and payton even though it didnt work out that great hats off to the pistons. The Pau trade, winning it all last year and he just signed Artest. We should kill this kid like Dwight Howard killed the Cavs entire roster

j-mart
07-10-2009, 09:09 AM
The cap is expected to drop by 2-5% for the 2010-2011 season. Considering this, I would be surprised if the Cavs, Heat or Knicks could offer two max contracts to Lebron, Wade, Amare, Bosh etc.

AntwanN21
07-10-2009, 09:13 AM
It all depends on Lebron. If he decides to stay there will be many free agents that are very willing to take a controcat from the cavs.

The way i see it if Lebron resigns
Shaq will resign for considerably less for one last shot at a ring.
From their they could sign one more big name free agent who i think is going to be Joe Johnson( he is a free agent right)

However if the cavs loose Lebron the money will only be spent on role players who are just looking for a chane to start on anyteam.

Im not a cavs fan but this is what i believe will happen depending on what Lebron does.

DCB/LAL
07-10-2009, 10:53 AM

HAHAHA:laugh::laugh:.........Ok fine let me see this.....

1. Kobe- Agreed to extension so probably gonna retire a Laker-5years
2. Gasol-signed through 2011
3. Bynum- Just signed Extension Last year
4. Artest- Signed 5 year contract
Possible 5. Odom- If signed will be for the next few years!

Those are the Lakers Core Players the future looks bright in LA WE KNOW WHAT WERE GONNA HAVE for the next few years which would be "the future" your talking about!!!

Now i ask you does Mithc still look so dumb?? Or as you said like one of the "dumbest" GMs??? I mean looks to me like thats a team that'll contend in "the future" dont it??

Now lets look at the Cavs..hmm.......???

Lebron James- May become free agent in 2010 every team will make a call even teams who cant sign him!! Serious Talks of him leaving in 2010 and going to NY or even NJ alot of teams cut salary for the sole purpose of the "Summer of Lebron" been talked about for the last couple years!!

I only put Lebron up because he is who makes the Cavs a team to even take seriously other than that you guys have nothing.

Yeah your future looks bright man especially since the Cavs dont know who they will have!!

CTown81
07-10-2009, 11:46 AM
I would like to apologize for my fellow Cavs fan who started this thread.

The Cavs will have in the neighborhood of 8 million to spend next summer after Lebron is signed. Still a good amount of change considering the Free Agent class available. They should be able to get a Solid 2nd Tier NBA star type player.

CTown81
07-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Good news is with the lower cap nobody will be able to sign 2 max players so the team that is really F'ed in all this is the Knicks.

Knicks will probably have to settle for Dirk or Amare etc.

cav_till_i_die
07-10-2009, 02:19 PM
HAHAHA:laugh::laugh:.........Ok fine let me see this.....

1. Kobe- Agreed to extension so probably gonna retire a Laker-5years
2. Gasol-signed through 2011
3. Bynum- Just signed Extension Last year
4. Artest- Signed 5 year contract
Possible 5. Odom- If signed will be for the next few years!

Those are the Lakers Core Players the future looks bright in LA WE KNOW WHAT WERE GONNA HAVE for the next few years which would be "the future" your talking about!!!

Now i ask you does Mithc still look so dumb?? Or as you said like one of the "dumbest" GMs??? I mean looks to me like thats a team that'll contend in "the future" dont it??

Now lets look at the Cavs..hmm.......???

Lebron James- May become free agent in 2010 every team will make a call even teams who cant sign him!! Serious Talks of him leaving in 2010 and going to NY or even NJ alot of teams cut salary for the sole purpose of the "Summer of Lebron" been talked about for the last couple years!!

I only put Lebron up because he is who makes the Cavs a team to even take seriously other than that you guys have nothing.

Yeah your future looks bright man especially since the Cavs dont know who they will have!!

artest signed a three year deal and bynum hasnt played a a great FULL season yet

JWO35
07-10-2009, 02:23 PM
LeBron James is going to New York

Close Thread :D

SwaggaIke
07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Nobody will be getting two max deals done next summer. Not even the Heat & we have a shitload of cap room. The cap will be dropping again next year so it in the best interest of GM's to handle their business this summer whether it be trade or free agency. I hope Riley capitalizes because that 2010 plan is all ********. We have the most expiring contracts in the league, we need to put them to use.

Blah Blah Blah
07-10-2009, 03:18 PM

Don't kno y some ppl start so early to start threads.....whatever i guess. By the number 94 i could tell it's a real unique title...:D Stay in ur lil happy world i guess.

Ripper Gein
07-10-2009, 04:49 PM
cavsfan94 come out to plaaaayyy................. cavsfan94 come out to plaaaaiiyyyyy............

G-Bear
07-10-2009, 04:58 PM

Mitch = 4 rings
Ferry = 0 rings

Any Questions???

Thread over.

By future planning I assume this kid means that the Lakers will not be involved in the FA pool next year? Poor them theyre only going to still have Kobe & Gasol they must be literally wetting themselves that other teams could get 1 or 2 stars.

DCB/LAL
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
artest signed a three year deal and bynum hasnt played a a great FULL season yet

Oh really hmm.......:rolleyes: read this

"At 9:01 p.m., Lakers officials sat down with Shannon Brown at Prego restaurant in Beverly Hills and signed the guard to a two-year, $4.2 million contract.

The group then walked down the street to Mr. Chow’s, where Ron Artest was waiting — no doubt pen in hand — and signed the foward to a five-year deal worth $34 million to $35 million.

By 10:10, the Lakers had two free agents in the fold. The third, Lamar Odom, was no where in sight.

Artest is holding a press conference at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. We’ll hear what the unpredictable swingman has to say and let you know. No doubt it will be interesting."

Raps18-19 Champ
07-10-2009, 05:12 PM
I think Lebron stays.

Don't think you get a big star though.

xBLAMEITON24x
07-10-2009, 05:31 PM
The future only isn't looking so bright Lebron might leave and if he does no one going to the cavs

YankeeFan89
07-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Didn't they just sign varejao to a ridiculous contract 1/5 of the teams salary?