PDA

View Full Version : Boozer going to the Bulls?

Dncehalldrug
07-09-2009, 05:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4317515

By Marc Stein and Chad Ford

Another major multi-team trade might be looming in the NBA with the Portland Trail Blazers, Utah Jazz and Chicago Bulls having discussed a deal that would be headlined by Carlos Boozer and Kirk Hinrich, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources stressed to ESPN.com that no deal was imminent Thursday and that both Portland and Utah are still evaluating multiple trade scenarios. But two sources with knowledge of the three-team proposal confirmed that there have been substantive talks regarding a trade that would land Boozer in Chicago, Hinrich in Portland and Tyrus Thomas in Utah.

A deal featuring those main components would deliver the elite low-post scorer that the Bulls have been chasing for years in Boozer and furnish Portland with a lead guard in Hinrich that the Blazers are known to rate highly as a potential backcourt mate for Brandon Roy. It's possible that other players would be added to balance out the transaction from a salary-cap perspective if the three teams elect to take these talks further.

Yet even if this deal collapses, sources say it is clear that the Jazz are becoming increasingly open to the possibility of moving Boozer now to increase their financial flexibility to re-sign restricted free agent Paul Millsap.

Despite fresh reports Thursday about the Blazers weighing whether to sign Millsap to an offer sheet, Hinrich is the player Portland prefers, according to one source close to the process, after the Blazers came so close last week to landing the versatile Hedo Turkoglu.

Boozer has only one season left at $12.7 million after declining the option in his contract to become an unrestricted free agent July 1. It's believed that the Jazz are determined to keep Millsap but are concerned about the luxury-tax consequences of signing him to a long-term deal.

Marc Stein and Chad Ford are senior NBA writers for ESPN.com.

GoatMilk
07-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Tyrus is too black for Utah

lol. i'm at least half-kidding :p

abe_froman
07-09-2009, 05:34 PM
damn you jinxed it

JAZZNC
07-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Rumors aren't news, they're rumors. Until it's finalized it's just all talk.

ctitus45
07-09-2009, 05:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4317515

Boozer to Bulls
Hinrich to Portland
Ty Thomas to Utah

Thoughts?

THIS IS JUST A RUMOR. NOTHING OFFICIAL.

Sounds kind of weird. I guess Utah knows Boozer is going to leave anyway, might as well get something in return. He is worth more than Ty Thomas so maybe Utah gets another player/pick/cash in return. Looks like a nice aquisition for Portland though! Chicago gets yet another undersized big man...at least they have one who is proven now!

Sportfan
07-09-2009, 05:36 PM
bulls would become serious contenders with this

and the trailblazers would be getting a very underrated pg

Sportfan
07-09-2009, 05:37 PM
already posted

ctitus45
07-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Note the time of post. My bad y'all!

Sportfan6197-- you still read it though lol

JAZZNC
07-09-2009, 05:40 PM
^And the Jazz would be getting a worthless, can't shoot, can't really do anything player for a 20/10 PF? Don't really get that trade for Utah. There would have to be more involved or KOC is a dumbass.

dolfan720
07-09-2009, 05:43 PM
gay

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2009, 05:44 PM
It doesn't say what Portland has to give up, maybe Blake and Outlaw?

sep11ie
07-09-2009, 05:44 PM
^ they'll be saving money For Millsap, just like the artical says.

MagicBucsSox
07-09-2009, 05:45 PM
bulls would become serious contenders with this

and the trailblazers would be getting a very underrated pg

hahahahahahahahaha

Mile High Champ
07-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Yes Boozer is good on the offensive end but man is his defense plain bad..

abe_froman
07-09-2009, 05:47 PM
^And the Jazz would be getting a worthless, can't shoot, can't really do anything player for a 20/10 PF? Don't really get that trade for Utah. There would have to be more involved or KOC is a dumbass.

tax relief,a back up pf and getting something for boozer as they arent resigning him.while that isnt appealing to fans,it is a part of doing business in the nba

EastCoastBaller
07-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Damn this is a pretty fair deal... but I think the Bulls are giving up a lot for Boozer.... They should try and get Amare or Bosh with that package...

LayZbone
07-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Cleveland: Shaq
Orlando: Vince
Boston: Sheed
Washington: Foye & Miller
Toronto: Turkoglu
Atlanta: Crawford
Detroit: Gordon & Villanueva
Chicago: Boozer

Heat:...........:mad:

abe_froman
07-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Damn this is a pretty fair deal... but I think the Bulls are giving up a lot for Boozer.... They should try and get Amare or Bosh with that package...

with the moves tor is making this offseason,bosh isnt an option

EastCoastBaller
07-09-2009, 05:50 PM
It funny how Cavs got Shaq for crap.... Lakers got P. Gasol for crap... Magics got Vince Carter for crap accept for C. Lee... Spurs got Richard Jefferson for crap... Mavericks got S. Marion for crap... but the Bulls has to give a lot of value just for Boozer lol.

zambo4president
07-09-2009, 05:52 PM
It funny how Cavs got Shaq for crap.... Lakers got P. Gasol for crap... Magics got Vince Carter for crap accept for C. Lee... Spurs got Richard Jefferson for crap... Mavericks got S. Marion for crap... but the Bulls has to give a lot of value just for Boozer lol.

Were not even giving anything up really.

EastCoastBaller
07-09-2009, 05:52 PM
but I do respect Boozer a lot but just saying how there the only team that had to give up value for a all-star.

IBleedPurple
07-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Tyrus is too black for Utah

lol. i'm at least half-kidding :p

Or if he likes to drink, he won't like Utah

Cap relief is the only likely answer to your question. They'd like to keep Millsap, but I don't think this move makes their team any better. If they lose Boozer, I think it'll be a two horse race in the division between Denver & Portland.

Sportfan
07-09-2009, 05:58 PM

im thinking webster to Utah?

Sportfan
07-09-2009, 05:59 PM

your upgrading thomas and hinrich is a backup

superkegger
07-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Looks pretty decent.

Lindystud36
07-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Why wouldnt the bulls try and push hard for AMARE, i would think he is a better option than Boozer and next season a team of D-rose, Amare and potentially wade would be dominant

Southsideheat
07-09-2009, 06:02 PM
with boozer, hinrich, and thomas off the books in 2010, the Bulls can go after Joe Johnson and Bosh next year if they wanted to.

abe_froman
07-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Why wouldnt the bulls try and push hard for AMARE, i would think he is a better option than Boozer and next season a team of D-rose, Amare and potentially wade would be dominant

because the tax threshold is lowering and amare wants max,thus killing any pursuit of jj,wade,lebron,ect.

Sportfan
07-09-2009, 06:03 PM

the suns would want a long term replacement for nash to deal amare, hinrich really isnt that

blazerman
07-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I like the idea of the Blazers just offering a contract to Milsap because the Jazz wont resign Milsap at 10 million with Boozer still on the team and the Jazz wont save any money by trading Boozer unless it's to OKC.

I havent forgotten how the Blazers just handed the Jazz Deron Williams (swapped the 3rd pick for the 6th), so Im not into doing them any favors and the Blazers could work a deal with some players for a pg.

Hinrich would be nice but Id really like to get Milsap with that cap money. Keep in mind Artest is a laker now and some extra muscle that happens to have a few yrs of playoffs experience against the lakers would be a welcome addition.

All 3 teams would benefit but the Jazz would really benefit because it would assure Milsap comes back and Boozer will be gone soon anyway so a Ty Thomas would essentially be a free player and replacement for Boozer. Milsap would get to start and Thomas would back him up. No dice on this deal.

Blazers can either cripple the Jazz and their future plans or help them stay in the hunt, I say the first one considering their a divisional foe. The Blazers control the strings on this one because of their cap space.

I dont mind Chicago improving but not the Jazz so "take Milsap Pritchard" he would be effective against the Lakers and I would enjoy the Jazz games even more with Milsap dumping 15 to 20 on his former team from the backup position!!

abe_froman
07-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I like the idea of the Blazers just offering a contract to Milsap because the Jazz wont resign Milsap at 10 million with Boozer still on the team and the Jazz wont save any money by trading Boozer unless it's to OKC.

I havent forgotten how the Blazers just handed the Jazz Deron Williams (swapped the 3rd pick for the 6th), so Im not into doing them any favors and the Blazers could work a deal with some players for a pg.

Hinrich would be nice but Id really like to get Milsap with that cap money. Keep in mind Artest is a laker now and some extra muscle that happens to have a few yrs of playoffs experience against the lakers would be a welcome addition.
getting kirk and using the money on lee makes you stronger than just milsap and keeping blake at point

Stunner
07-09-2009, 06:08 PM

They would do this so they can re-sign Milsap.:rolleyes:

JAZZNC
07-09-2009, 06:15 PM
They would do this so they can re-sign Milsap.:rolleyes:

Wow, I didn't know that captain obvious was a member of PSD:rolleyes: There are better trades out there than getting friggin Thomas who wouldn't last a second under Sloan. We could get somebody who can do more than just jump and STILL resign Millsap.

jimbobjarree
07-09-2009, 06:15 PM
This is just stupid. Its basically Boozer for Hinrich and Thomas, then we give Hinrich to the Blazers for free. I know it saves us money, but we can match Millsap, save money some other way, and keep Hinrich for ourselves, or keep Boozer.

and Tyrus Thomas would be in the Jerry Sloan doghouse so fast

bleedprple&gold
07-09-2009, 06:19 PM
This is just stupid. Its basically Boozer for Hinrich and Thomas, then we give Hinrich to the Blazers for free. I know it saves us money, but we can match Millsap, save money some other way, and keep Hinrich for ourselves, or keep Boozer.

We don't know that, it doesn't say what the Blazers are giving up...

KG2TB
07-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Obviously since it hasn't been mentioned what Portland would give up this is a pretty hush hush situation and a lot of speculation. All we know is Kirk and Tyrus would be involved and obviously there would have to be other components. The Bulls would also be short a guard so you would have to assume we would get one back in the deal or go out and sign someone like Von Wafer. Either way, I'm concerned with Boozer's injury history but since his deal expires next year I'd roll the dice and work out a sign and trade with him for someone like Bosh or Amar'e as well as go after Joe Johnson.

op12
07-09-2009, 06:23 PM
portland wins in that trade. maybe thomas can thrive under sloan and if boozer is healthy he could help chicago.

blazerman
07-09-2009, 06:27 PM

I hope the Blazers do offer a contract to Milsap first, because if the Jazz match then their deep in the luxury tax and would end up giving Boozer away for cap money and that would be to OKC (they have cap money).

If they dont match then the blazers just got a whole lot better and would have a few more players that could be added in a trade for a pg and Jazz get weaker.

Either way the Jazz lose out on this one unless the Blazers go for the deal, which Im against just because it's the Jazz!

jimbobjarree
07-09-2009, 06:35 PM
or we could just match your offer for Millsap (which would be about perfect, roughly 8 million is about right), keep booz, pay the luxury tax for a year and then dump him. Or actually trade him for something thats actually good.

I hope the Blazers are giving up Outlaw+Fernandez or something liek that. We still lose like 6/7 million in cap and at least we gain something out of it.

I still think trading Boozer for something good would be the better option

D Roses Bulls
07-09-2009, 06:36 PM
for a one year rental of boozer i am all for this. do you know how much freaking money the bulls will have next season if they do this? A LOT!!!! im all for that especially with the young team we have. hinrich is a back up and thomas, i like him, but he does get on my nerves and isnt living up to what he really could be. i wouldnt resign boozer after this year, i would offer the money to bosh or amare and sign someone like Joe johnson or if we could some how lure wade. if this happens here is your 09-10 bulls:

pg rose
sg salmons
sf deng
pf boozer
c noah (who by scouts that are seeing him this summer say he is going to be real good and has improved his game a lot already)

bench might be a little thin, but ill take a mid to low seed playoff this year and wait a year for the real prizes next year.

Go Dodgers!
07-09-2009, 06:37 PM

I was wondering the same..

Afridi786
07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Bulls never make a trade for a premier player. So this is all fake...it will never happen.

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2009, 06:40 PM
tyrus thomas in utah is like an oxymoron.

jerry sloan will destroy him.

JOSKOMANG4
07-09-2009, 06:43 PM
BULLS ACQUIRE PF CARLOS BOOZER

BLAZERS ACQUIRE PG KIRK HINRICH

JAZZ ACQUIRE PF TYRUS THOMAS, PG STEVE BLAKE, AND SG M. WEBSTER

LINEUP PROJECTIONS:

JAZZ LINEUP:

C: Mehmet Okur/Kosta Koufos/Kyrylo Fesenko/Goran Suton*
PF: Paul Milsap*/Tyrus Thomas
SF: Andrei Kirilenko/C.J. Miles/Matt Harpring
SG: Ronnie Brewer/Kyle Korver^/M. Webster
PG: Deron Williams/ E.Maynor*/S. Blake

*resigned Milsap
Blazers:

C: Joel Pryzbilla/Greg Oden
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Victor Claver*/ Jeff Pendergraph*
SF: Nicolas Batum/Travis Outlaw/ Dante Cunningham*
SG: Brandon Roy/Rudy Fernandez
PG: Kirk Hinrich/Jerryd Bayless / Patty Mills*

Bulls:

C: Joakim Noah/Brad Miller/ Jerome James#
PF: Carlos Boozer/Tim Thomas/James Johnson*
SF: Luol Deng/Linton Johnson/ Taj Gibson*
SG: John Salmons / Anthony Roberson*/J.Pargo
PG: Derrick Rose

Stunner
07-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Wow, I didn't know that captain obvious was a member of PSD:rolleyes: There are better trades out there than getting friggin Thomas who wouldn't last a second under Sloan. We could get somebody who can do more than just jump and STILL resign Millsap.

OOOOOOOOOOOO Someone sounds mad u can always trade for the aging Rip Hamliton. Just cant wait for the season starts and watch D-Rose bone D-Will again think the record 2-0.:D

We can do a sign and trade deal also So Portland can buy Milsap and trade 2 the Jazz and we will keep Thomas and trade him for someone else. And Tyrus can just be good help defense player just tell him not to shoot.

Chicago: Boozer
Jazz: Milsap, 1st round pick
Blazers: Kirk

JordansBulls
07-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I hope it happens.

Ansy
07-09-2009, 06:50 PM
or we could just match your offer for Millsap (which would be about perfect, roughly 8 million is about right), keep booz, pay the luxury tax for a year and then dump him. Or actually trade him for something thats actually good.

I hope the Blazers are giving up Outlaw+Fernandez or something liek that. We still lose like 6/7 million in cap and at least we gain something out of it.

I still think trading Boozer for something good would be the better option

It's easy to hold out for something better when it's somebody else's money. The bottom line is that nobody is offering you anything better than Tyrus Thomas to take on Boozer's salary this year and your owner doesn't want to pay luxury tax this season.

I'm sure if your city started offering to buy up season tickets at twice their current price, he'd have no problem paying the tax. You should start a petition.

Stunner
07-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Obviously since it hasn't been mentioned what Portland would give up this is a pretty hush hush situation and a lot of speculation. All we know is Kirk and Tyrus would be involved and obviously there would have to be other components. The Bulls would also be short a guard so you would have to assume we would get one back in the deal or go out and sign someone like Von Wafer. Either way, I'm concerned with Boozer's injury history but since his deal expires next year I'd roll the dice and work out a sign and trade with him for someone like Bosh or Amar'e as well as go after Joe Johnson.

Von Wafer is da man sign em Bulls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbQ3xwXgFzw

Blah Blah Blah
07-09-2009, 06:57 PM

The bulls need cap space for ppl like amare and bosh. Boozer's contract expires after this season and with Hinrich's and TT's contracts traded away, the bulls get much more cap room on top of the expirings they already have. The options the Bulls then have in 2010 wud be endless with the cap room.

SB75
07-09-2009, 07:00 PM
These players can't be accurate. Portland is not giving up nearly enough. If it is, Portland wins this deal by a land slide. Makes you wonder about Boozers health if this is the best Utah can get.

IversonIsKrazy
07-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Bulls Get: Boozer, Outlaw
Blazers Get: Hinrich, Chicago 2nd Round
Jazz Get: Milsap (S&T), Tyrus

PG: Rose/Pargo
SG: Salmons/Outlaw
SF: Deng/JJ
PF: Boozer/Taj
C: Noah/Miller

Rylz
07-09-2009, 07:04 PM
If the Jazz do this I might have to disown them. There are much better ways of getting cap relief.

jnb58
07-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I want the Blazers to take Thomas and Hinrich. Webster would be a better fit for Utah at the same price. Maybe not though.

Do they need anymore shooters?

ChicagoBulls24
07-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Bulls Get: Boozer, Outlaw
Blazers Get: Hinrich, Chicago 2nd Round
Jazz Get: Milsap (S&T), Tyrus

PG: Rose/Pargo
SG: Salmons/Outlaw
SF: Deng/JJ
PF: Boozer/Taj
C: Noah/Miller

Word! :clap:
Portland has to give up something or else this trade is free for them. I'm tired of Portland getting these deals that only help them out.

gqjatt209
07-09-2009, 07:51 PM
It comes down to this:

If the JAZZ want to save 10+ million in Luxury taxes, they will trade away boozer for dirt cheap. But if they are willing to pay the 10+ when they match Millsap's offer.... WATCH OUT!

JAZZ Fans often complain that Boozer and Memo don't always give their 100%. BUTTTTTTTTT... ITS TIME. Contract years, JAZZ should get 110% from both of them if they seek big money in 2010.

After 09-10 season, Boozer, Korver, Harpring, and Memo will be off the books. Thats 30+ million going into 2010, big money for big stars that wouldn't mind playing with D-Will.

IF JAZZ ARE SMART: Keep Boozer, match millsap, pay 10 mil luxury tax and contend for a titile, if it don't work out, WHO GIVES A ****, everyone is leaving next year anyways.

10 million will be chip change for a shot at the title.

blazerman
07-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Word! :clap:
Portland has to give up something or else this trade is free for them. I'm tired of Portland getting these deals that only help them out.

Hinrich wouldnt be free, he would cost us all of our available salary cap space.

Besides if the Blazers decide to offer Milsap contract instead then no deal for the Bulls and Jazz!!!

Maybe the Blazers should ask for a 1st rd pick from the Jazz also or else we offer Milsap a big contract and if they match then enjoy paying an extra 20 million in cap.

Then the Blazers could use some of their cap money to buy Brandon Bass and the rest of the cap money with a player or two for a PG. :smoking:

Blazers are the deal break on this one any way it goes. Why would a bulls fan even care what Utah or Portland gets as long as your getting a 20/10 guy in Boozer for Thomas and Hinrich.

The Jazz got one over on the Blazers on the Deron Williams(swapped picks with the Blazers 6th for 3rd) so now the blazers can force the Jazz into trading Boozer to keep Milsap. I love it.

Sounds like the Jazz have a decision to make on which PF they keep Milsap or Boozer and the Blazers can sit back and see which player falls to them, sign Milsap outright or Hinrich on a trade for cap space(sounds like a win/win for the blazers)!!!

Boozer put the Jazz in a no win situation as far as resigning Milsap. It looks like the Blazers will be the ones to give the Jazz a little nudge in which player they think is more valueable to them or push them far into the luxury tax for the same team as last yr. The Blazers would collect some of the Jazz luxury tax money also. Looks like the Jazz are getting bullied now (paybacks for the last 5yrs).

Chicago walks away with Boozer, the Blazers with Hinrich and the Jazz with Milsap and a fat lip.

king4day
07-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Does Portland just absorb Kirk? Who are they giving up?

king4day
07-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Hinrich wouldnt be free, he would cost us all of our available salary cap space.

Besides if the Blazers decide to offer Milsap contract instead then no deal for the Bulls and Jazz!!!

Maybe the Blazers should ask for a 1st rd pick from the Jazz also or else we offer Milsap a big contract and if they match then enjoy paying an extra 20 million in cap.

Then the Blazers could use some of their cap money to buy Brandon Bass and the rest of the cap money with a player or two for a PG. :smoking:

Blazers are the deal break on this one any way it goes. Why would a bulls fan even care what Utah or Portland gets as long as your getting a 20/10 guy in Boozer for Thomas and Hinrich.

The Jazz got one over on the Blazers on the Deron Williams(swapped picks with the Blazers 6th for 3rd) so now the blazers can force the Jazz into trading Boozer to keep Milsap. I love it.

Sounds like the Jazz have a decision to make on which PF they keep Milsap or Boozer and the Blazers can sit back and see which player falls to them, sign Milsap outright or Hinrich on a trade for cap space(sounds like a win/win for the blazers)!!!

Boozer put the Jazz in a no win situation as far as resigning Milsap. It looks like the Blazers will be the ones to give the Jazz a little nudge in which player they think is more valueable to them or push them far into the luxury tax for the same team as last yr. The Blazers would collect some of the Jazz luxury tax money also. Looks like the Jazz are getting bullied now (paybacks for the last 5yrs).

Chicago walks away with Boozer, the Blazers with Hinrich and the Jazz with Milsap and a fat lip.

Would that fat lip be Tyrus?
I absolutely love this deal for the Jazz. They wanted Boozer to walk and he picked up the player option. Now instead, they get a GREAT younger cheaper role player/starter to add on.
All teams make out in this deal.

bball1217
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
They are not absorbing Kirk and his contract. They are getting the vet PG they want. They will probably have to give up Blake or Outlaw, but they have cap space so they can take on a major contract and not give away anyone but cash and/or picks.

Ansy
07-09-2009, 09:28 PM

I think they're offering cap space and a pinky-swear not to sign an offer sheet to Millsap for more than the Jazz want to pay him.

futureman
07-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't see how in the heck this trade makes the Jazz a better team. We better be getting both teams 1st rounders along with trashus thomas. Or make the one of those teams take harprings salary from us since he is retired probably.

klvanzu
07-09-2009, 09:37 PM
**Rumor is not true, per yahoo twitter. Bulls source says no discussions have taken place between any of the teams. http://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA

jnb58
07-10-2009, 06:52 AM
**Rumor is not true, per yahoo twitter. Bulls source says no discussions have taken place between any of the teams. http://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA

I don't believe the rumor either but...

How is twitter valid these days?

JAZZNC
07-10-2009, 07:55 AM

Man dude, you've got some serious hate for the Jazz don't ya? Well, if the Jazz are healthy don't expect to even be close to their record next year. We were only a couple games behind you guys last year and were injured all year so......

Reddd
07-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Bulls, forget Boozer, and go after Bosh

JOSKOMANG4
07-10-2009, 11:05 AM
4 WAY TRADE!

ROCKETS: ACQUIRE PF/SF AK 47(FROM UTAH), C J.PRYZBILLA(FROM PORT), AND SF/SG M. WEBSTER(FROM PORT)

BULLS: ACQUIRE PF CARLOS BOOZER(FROM UTAH), SG T. MCGRADY(FROM HOUSTON), AND SF TRAVIS OUTLAW(FROM PORT)

JAZZ: ACQUIRE PF TYRUS THOMAS, C J. JAMES, SF/SG JON SALMONS(ALL FROM BULLS), AND SF SHANE BATTIER(FROM JAZZ).

BLAZERS: ACQUIRE PG KIRK HINRICH AND PF TIM THOMAS(BOTH FROM BULLS).

LINEUP PROJECTIONS IF DEAL GOES THRU:

ROCKETS: * Yao Ming- OUT ALL 09 SEASON.

C: J. PRYZBILLA/Luis Scola/Joey Dorsey
PF: Chuck Hayes/Carl Landry/Brian Cook
SF: AK 47/M. WEBSTER/ Chase Budinger*
SG: TREVOR ARIZA/Brent Barry/Jermaine Taylor*
PG: Aaron Brooks/Kyle Lowry / Sergio Llull*

BULLS:

C: Joakim Noah/Brad Miller
PF: Carlos Boozer/James Johnson*/ Taj Gibson*
SF: Luol Deng/Travis Outlaw/Linton Johnson
SG: Tracy Mcgrady/Anthony Roberson*
PG: Derrick Rose/J.Pargo

JAZZ: * resign Milsap

C: Mehmet Okur/Kosta Koufos/Goran Suton*/ J. James
PF: Milsap/ T.Thomas/Kyrylo Fesenko
SF: Shane Battier/C.J. Miles/Matt Harpring
SG: Jon Salmons/Ronnie Brewer/Kyle Korver^
PG: Deron Williams/ E.Maynor*

Blazers:

C: Greg Oden/ T. Thomas
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge /Victor Claver*/ Jeff Pendergraph*
SF: Nicolas Batum/ Dante Cunningham
PG: K. Hinrich/Steve Blake/Jerryd Bayless / Patty Mills*

phlp_bj
07-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't see how in the heck this trade makes the Jazz a better team. We better be getting both teams 1st rounders along with trashus thomas. Or make the one of those teams take harprings salary from us since he is retired probably.

this move will allow them to retain millsap without paying more luxury tax. their already paying the tax. and millsap would get a starting oppurtunity as well.

JWO35
07-10-2009, 11:44 AM
The Deal is Dead

DaBUU
07-10-2009, 12:13 PM
your upgrading thomas and hinrich is a backup

Hinrich is only a backup cuz D-Rose is the future of the NBA. Hinrich is a very solid PG who defends 3 positions, he was the one shutting down Pierce on defense in the playoff series.

DaBUU
07-10-2009, 12:14 PM
The Deal is Dead

Links

cowboyz180
07-10-2009, 12:27 PM
what do the trailblazers trade??

JWO35
07-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Links

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/headlines.aspx?sport=NBA

JordansBulls
07-10-2009, 12:40 PM
4 WAY TRADE!

ROCKETS: ACQUIRE PF/SF AK 47(FROM UTAH), C J.PRYZBILLA(FROM PORT), AND SF/SG M. WEBSTER(FROM PORT)

BULLS: ACQUIRE PF CARLOS BOOZER(FROM UTAH), SG T. MCGRADY(FROM HOUSTON), AND SF TRAVIS OUTLAW(FROM PORT)

JAZZ: ACQUIRE PF TYRUS THOMAS, C J. JAMES, SF/SG JON SALMONS(ALL FROM BULLS), AND SF SHANE BATTIER(FROM JAZZ).

BULLS:

Blazers:

I'd take that deal for Chicago.

BullsNumber1Fan
07-10-2009, 01:05 PM
4 WAY TRADE!

BULLS:

Blazers:

HELL NO!!! We are basically going to trade Hinrich, Tyrus for Boozer, Blake. So instead you add in Salmons, Tim Thomas and take out Blake and then add in TMac who is going to be out until Feburary?:laugh:

No thanks.

J_M_B
07-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Why would the Blazes do this? Yes, they get a very underrated player in Kirk Hinrich, but aren't they in the biding for Paul Millsap? They will just help the Jazz resign him. They should pull out of this deal and try to sign Millsap. The Jazz can't resign Millsap without going into the luxury tax.

LA_Raiders
07-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Good move for the 3 parties, Utha is going to lose Booz anyway....

jimbobjarree
07-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I could see a 4 way maybe happening. Houston, Jazz, Blazers and Detroit maybe, with Tracey McGrady, Boozer, AK47 and maybe Tayshaun all involved, kinda fits all their needs.

but yah, Boozer to the Bulls looks about dead

D Roses Bulls
07-10-2009, 03:27 PM
bulls want jerryd bayless included in the deal now according to espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4319607

Blah Blah Blah
07-10-2009, 03:33 PM
I could see a 4 way maybe happening. Houston, Jazz, Blazers and Detroit maybe, with Tracey McGrady, Boozer, AK47 and maybe Tayshaun all involved, kinda fits all their needs.

but yah, Boozer to the Bulls looks about dead

u always gotta say sumtin against chicago it seem dude.

OT Thriller
07-10-2009, 04:14 PM
The trade really works well for everyone: Chicago gets the dominant power forward they always coveted (almost got it with Miller but he kinda fell off), Jazz get a young, promising power forward in Tyrus Thomas who will stay with the Jazz longer than Boozer would, and the Blazers get Hinrich, who they have been trying to get for years.

Really hope this trade happens, theres nothing like a good multiple team trade and I got spoiled for more of them with the Raptors, Portland, Magic, Grizzlies deal.