PDA

View Full Version : What teams would be willing to take on Tracy Mcgrady and his expiring contract?

JordansBulls
07-09-2009, 04:47 PM
What teams would be willing to take on Tracy Mcgrady and his expiring contract?

abe_froman
07-09-2009, 04:50 PM
anyone involved in chasing the 2010 dream
any that need to shed salary over the next year(by economy or to get under tax)
any that want a "big name" to help draw fans

so the question is really;who wouldnt;besides those trying to go further than first round playoff fodder and the rockets?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 04:50 PM
The Knicks.

Mcgrady for Al Harrington and Eddy Curry

Rockets get a Center who might be able to do something and a player that can help replace Artest and New York gets another expiring.

RiLoc
07-09-2009, 05:35 PM
anyone involved in chasing the 2010 dream
any that need to shed salary over the next year(by economy or to get under tax)
any that want a "big name" to help draw fansAgreed.

I could see the Knicks. McGrady would probably even fit in with their system.

Sportfan
07-09-2009, 05:40 PM
the heat? would help them get bosh and wade

JordansBulls
07-09-2009, 09:12 PM

I guess the Heat would have to offer Chalmers and Beasley for Mcgrady.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM

BHBrad
07-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Pacers would LOVE to swap Tins and Dunleavy for him (If that'd work). They don't need him, but would love to shed some salary.

SteveNash
07-09-2009, 09:17 PM

Jermaine O'Neal makes sense if Yao is going to be out for the season.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 09:19 PM
^

That makes the Heat even worse.

They would have pretty much trade Marion for Mcgrady.

NYtilIdie
07-09-2009, 09:21 PM
I heard Eddy Curry and Cutino Mobley (mostly paid by insurance) for T-Mac. It was just a rumor though.

shonk688
07-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Pacers would LOVE to swap Tins and Dunleavy for him (If that'd work). They don't need him, but would love to shed some salary.

:nod:

SteveNash
07-09-2009, 09:28 PM
^

That makes the Heat even worse.

They would have pretty much trade Marion for Mcgrady.

It's not like Jermaine has been very effective and they could try trading Blount/Haslem's expiring contracts to get a better big man.

Chalmers/Wade/McGrady/Beasley/Chandler=Championship

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 09:30 PM
It's not like Jermaine has been very effective and they could try trading Blount/Haslem's expiring contracts to get a better big man.

They wouldn't have a solid big man if they did that trade.

And T-Mac misses more games than O'neal.

mikantsass
07-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Maybe the Kings??? They are in rebuilding mode:

T-Mac- $23 mil for Kenny Thomas $8.5 mil, Nocioni $7.5 mil & Abdur-Rahim $6.6 mil

Thomas and Abdur-Rahim expire after the 09-10 season and Nocioni is a decent fit for Houston.

Kobe2324
07-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Wasn't that long ago we were looking at one of the best players in the league in Tmac, sure there was a few injuries but at some point you have to play through it, I honestly think he just dosn't want it bad enough, excluding of course the micro fracture surgery, that will take anybody out for a while. Having said that who takes on this way over paid contract, knicks and griz come to mind but once he is a free agent he will never see an offer over MLE again...

Patriots
07-09-2009, 09:37 PM
The Knicks Tracy for Eddy Curry and Larry Hughes

ajj22
07-09-2009, 09:45 PM

that might be a bit of an overstatement...

AWC713
07-09-2009, 09:46 PM
i dont understand the value in eddy curry..?

Patriots
07-09-2009, 09:48 PM
i dont understand the value in eddy curry..?

the rockets r looking for a center. it would be a perfect fit for them

JDizzle
07-09-2009, 10:09 PM
tyson chandler and peja... for t-mac and carl landry.. saleries match up

RelaxedFan
07-09-2009, 11:12 PM
tyson chandler and peja... for t-mac and carl landry.. saleries match up

I don't like it much, but Peja did work for our Coach.

Brooks style is similar to CP3 so he would get a lot of easy baskets (Chandler).

SteveNash
07-09-2009, 11:34 PM
They wouldn't have a solid big man if they did that trade.

And T-Mac misses more games than O'neal.

Beasley is a 20/10 caliber player. Even if he is undersized.

And T-Mac has missed fewer games the O'Neal over their career.

HiphopRelated
07-10-2009, 12:50 AM
did I miss a joke?

Lindystud36
07-10-2009, 12:55 AM
How about this

Heat Recieve Mcgrady and Marc Gasol

Rockets Recieve O'neal

Memphis Recieves Haslem Blount and the heats secound round pick and rockets secound round pick

LA_Raiders
07-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Hou is going to let him walk and sign a 2010 FA.... trade him at this point would be dumb

Driven
07-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Hou is going to let him walk and sign a 2010 FA.... trade him at this point would be dumb
Uh... why? You can either:

A. Get some kind of value for T-Mac

or

B. Get no value for T-Mac.

Personally, I'd take option B.

LA_Raiders
07-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Uh... why? You can either:

A. Get some kind of value for T-Macor

B. Get no value for T-Mac.

Personally, I'd take option B.

Value? All these trade proposals make no sense for Hou. Let him walk and sign an All-Star FA, and start building around him because Yao aint coming back...

I'd take option B too...

oshen333
07-10-2009, 02:12 AM
what about the clippers unloading kaman,and camby plus a 2nd for mcgrady

clippers

f-blake griffin
f-AL thornton
c-deandre jordan
sg-mcgrady
pg-baron davis

rockets
kaman
camby
landry
budinger
head

its not looking to good in houston but that lineup in clipperland would look allright

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-10-2009, 02:20 AM

clippers

f-blake griffin
f-AL thornton
c-deandre jordan
sg-mcgrady
pg-baron davis

rockets
kaman
camby
landry
budinger
head

its not looking to good in houston but that lineup in clipperland would look allright

first things first we dont have luther head and this would be the lineup
pg-aaron brooks
sg-trevor ariza
sf-shane battier
pf-chris kaman or luis scola
c-marcus camby or chris kaman

OaklandsFinest
07-10-2009, 02:21 AM
I would take T Mac in a heartbeat over the combination of Jackson and Maggette. T Mac gets a bad rap, people say hes injury prone, well you're back would be pretty bad too if you had to carry that Orlando squad and Yao-less Rockets to the playoffs every year. Theres only so much carrying one man can do. He's still better then the Kobe Bryant that won those 3 rings with Shaq.

simpsona
07-10-2009, 02:27 AM
The only way any team should pick him up is if they want to free up cap space. He isn't a reliable player anymore. He stays injured. So I guess I agree with most of the other people on here. The knicks.

superkegger
07-10-2009, 02:30 AM
I doubt anyone is taking on Tmac's contract, not at this point. Maybe at the trade deadline, but you're going to have no one scrambling to get an injured guy, who you will pay 20 million to not play. If he can come back and be productive, they might be able to offload him, but i doubt it.

KaganRS
07-10-2009, 02:31 AM
probably the Shanghai Sharks ....theres only a minor chance though

JordansBulls
07-10-2009, 08:22 AM
I doubt anyone is taking on Tmac's contract, not at this point. Maybe at the trade deadline, but you're going to have no one scrambling to get an injured guy, who you will pay 20 million to not play. If he can come back and be productive, they might be able to offload him, but i doubt it.

I think teams that have bad contracts as well and have an overload of players at a certain position wouldn't care.

JordansBulls
07-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Tmac ready for next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqqbLjpqws

Lakersfan2483
07-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Charlotte, Memphis, Oklahoma City are all teams that come to mind.

OA SLAY
07-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I would take T Mac in a heartbeat over the combination of Jackson and Maggette. T Mac gets a bad rap, people say hes injury prone, well you're back would be pretty bad too if you had to carry that Orlando squad and Yao-less Rockets to the playoffs every year. Theres only so much carrying one man can do. He's still better then the Kobe Bryant that won those 3 rings with Shaq.

Ahhh.....NO, Kobe was younger faster and a all round better athlete.Oh ya and he was actually THERE to win thoses RINGS!!! Jackson and Maggette for TMac...really?

DerekRE_3
07-11-2009, 06:16 PM

I highly doubt that. Nobody knows how McGrady is going to come back from his surgery. Microfracture surgery at that age is very tough to come back from, just ask Jamal Mashburn, Chris Webber, and Allen Houston.

JWO35
07-11-2009, 06:18 PM
I only see the Knicks taking him...

Hawkeye15
07-11-2009, 06:18 PM
If the Rockets can't get a young, good peice for him, than they should just let it come off the books. They will have a down year, get a decent pick, and Houston is attractive to free agents, so they could be right back in the thick of things the year after next

Hawkeye15
07-11-2009, 06:20 PM
I highly doubt that. Nobody knows how McGrady is going to come back from his surgery. Microfracture surgery at that age is very tough to come back from, just ask Jamal Mashburn, Chris Webber, and Allen Houston.

oh, he is potentially done. He will probably play again, but the days of 25 ppg Tmac are over. I don't think he plays more than 15 games next year

jdricks
07-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Tmac is still a really good player in this league when healthy and can do everything on the court that you need. He may not be a superstar at this point in his career but he can your 2nd or 3rd option on your team. As long as he is not your go to guy nightly, your team is getting a huge upgrade.

Miami will take him and we will be pretty dangerous.

Hawkeye15
07-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Tmac is still a really good player in this league when healthy and can do everything on the court that you need. He may not be a superstar at this point in his career but he can your 2nd or 3rd option on your team. As long as he is not your go to guy nightly, your team is getting a huge upgrade.

he is 29, coming off microfracture surgery, and has a vagina. I really think the days of McGrady contributing for long stretches is history. Now, if he will take a mid level somewhere for a couple of years, he might be worth the risk. I don't think so, but maybe

JordansBulls
07-11-2009, 06:52 PM

T-mac for JO would probably be the best they can do.

DerekRE_3
07-11-2009, 07:11 PM
T-mac for JO would probably be the best they can do.

Which is basically swapping washed up former stars with expiring contracts.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
07-11-2009, 07:26 PM
i would love to see him going to the nets.. haha but that most likely wont happen.. ever.. so idk maybe the knicks.

jdillion
07-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Any team that is looking to shed salary. Mcgrady wont be back until at least half way through the season, and when he does come back there is no guarntee that he will even be effective. In my opinon i do not believe that he is going anywhere, HOuston is just going to let his contract expire as they should.

astrosmaniac
07-11-2009, 11:23 PM

except that tinsley doesnt play and dunleavy misses alot of games while not filling our needs and has a bad contract. houston would never do that deal

astrosmaniac
07-11-2009, 11:31 PM
also i dont see why people are saying the knicks would be the only teams interested. do you know how many teams are looking for cap space in 2010? mcgrady's contract will be the biggest one coming off the books. i mean look at the pau deal. i dont see something of that caliber happening, but you can still get good players for a contract like mcgrady's

JordansBulls
07-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Which is basically swapping washed up former stars with expiring contracts.

Yeah but I think Tmac has more in him than JO does.

RiceKing23
07-12-2009, 02:38 AM
What teams would be willing to take on Tracy Mcgrady and his expiring contract?

Any team that is in the run to win now like the spurs celts and cavs. Ideally I think boston could make it happen the easuest with a swap of allen for mcgrady

JordansBulls
07-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Any team that is in the run to win now like the spurs celts and cavs. Ideally I think boston could make it happen the easuest with a swap of allen for mcgrady

Cavs have nothing to offer really.

raptor fan
07-12-2009, 07:20 PM
i can see a houston-milwaukee deal happening involving michael redd and t-mac.

Houston Trades: Tracy McGrady + Brian Cook + Brent Barry
Houston Gets: Michael Redd + Samuel Dalembert

Milwaukee Trades: Michael Redd + Dan Gadzuric
Milawukee gets: Tracy McGrady + Brent Barry

Philadelphia trades: Samuel Dalembert
Philadelphia gets: Dan Gadzuric + Brian Cook

PG: Brooks
SG: Redd
SF: Artest/Ariza
PF: Scola
C: Dalembert

that's a solid lineup for the rockets

mrblisterdundee
07-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Milwaukee should trade Michael Redd to Houston for Tracy McGrady. Their dumping everything to rebuild anyway.

JordansBulls
07-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Milwaukee should trade Michael Redd to Houston for Tracy McGrady. Their dumping everything to rebuild anyway.

That was my suggestion as well.

HiphopRelated
07-12-2009, 11:01 PM
doubt that

JO went into his 1st offseason without serious injury in a while

Mac's recovering from microfracture

Tha Truth
07-12-2009, 11:21 PM
The only thing that comes to mind when McGrady is mentioned is injured reserve.

DerekRE_3
07-12-2009, 11:21 PM
I'd send the Kings trash over to Houston for his expring. Kenny Thomas and Nocioni.

superkegger
07-13-2009, 12:36 AM

Based on what?

Tmac won't even play till probably what, january or feburary? No one is trading for tmac until the deadline, when they only half to pay less than half his season's salary.

connorg3
07-14-2009, 10:42 PM
I think we should just let it expire. We'll have a ****** year, but we'll get a nice lotto pick. Hopefully Yao comes back and we use the jack from T-Macs expiring contract, which is the biggest in the league, to get one of the superstar FAs. We end up with Yao, a top 10 pick and a D-Wade level player. Best case scenario IMO. Don't take some ****** deals from other teams for a stop gap.

JordansBulls
07-14-2009, 11:46 PM
I think we should just let it expire. We'll have a ****** year, but we'll get a nice lotto pick. Hopefully Yao comes back and we use the jack from T-Macs expiring contract, which is the biggest in the league, to get one of the superstar FAs. We end up with Yao, a top 10 pick and a D-Wade level player. Best case scenario IMO. Don't take some ****** deals from other teams for a stop gap.

What happens if he averages 27/5/5 next year?

AirJordanXVIII
07-15-2009, 12:03 AM
^^ Problem is he wont.

JordansBulls
07-15-2009, 08:44 AM
^^ Problem is he wont.

Maybe 22/5/5 is more realistic.

Lo Porto
07-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Chicago wants Boozer and he said he would love to be there. Utah needs to save money for this year and probably next year. Rockets have already offered a package of TMac for AK. Rockets also need a Center. This trade is brilliant for all three teams:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=mhosgu

RelaxedFan
07-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Chicago wants Boozer and he said he would love to be there. Utah needs to save money for this year and probably next year. Rockets have already offered a package of TMac for AK. Rockets also need a Center. This trade is brilliant for all three teams:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=mhosgu

Rockets dont need a center anymore. David Anderson (Aussie) is going to start for us.

Lo Porto
07-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Rockets dont need a center anymore. David Anderson (Aussie) is going to start for us.

Are you being serious? C'mon buddy. Anderson was a good pickup, but he's not a starter...

HoopsMachine
07-15-2009, 11:15 AM

lol if the Heat get Tmac then in the summer of 2010 they will have approximately 55+ million in cap space (Tmac 20+, Oneal 20+, Wade 15+) Pat Riley can rebuild his team from the ground up

Kakaroach
07-15-2009, 11:42 AM
I would imagine only the Knicks. Maybe a few other teams if they were willing to take the chance.

J-Relo
07-15-2009, 11:58 AM

clippers

f-blake griffin
f-AL thornton
c-deandre jordan
sg-mcgrady
pg-baron davis

rockets
kaman
camby
landry
budinger
head

youre insane! :smoking:

tr3ymill3r
07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
The Knicks.

Rockets get a Center who might be able to do something and a player that can help replace Artest and New York gets another expiring.

No the Knicks are trash and the players are garbage, even if you get the TMac contract the Knicks are still going to be so bad that LeBron will look at that situation and laugh. Is LeBron supposed to be your 1-6 option? You won't get both LeBron and Wade, and if you can't get both you probably won't get either one of them. Knicks fans stop with the ******** trades, because it just shows how sad you really are.

tland22
07-15-2009, 02:42 PM

I totally agree with this.

tland22
07-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Maybe 22/5/5 is more realistic.

and i think this is VERY VERY realistic. he said it himself on the Jim Rome show...he was down because of alll the injuries, and he lost the passion for th egame for a bit. he appologized etc...and he said he is feeling great and best of all he got the passion for the game back BIG TIME, so I predict he will come out hungry next year when he gets on the court, and he will be in BEAST MODE. I believe that is very likely.

jimbobjarree
07-15-2009, 02:49 PM
they've left that McGrady for AK trade on the table..why the **** arent we taking it KOC!!!

Ironman5219
07-15-2009, 02:57 PM
I think that T-Mac has been chew up and spit out and them stomped on by the Houston fans and media. I think what ever team gets him would be in good shape. IF HEALTHY T-Mac would come back with a vengance. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Jazz uniform.
Lo Pronto made this trade sinareo in the jazz fourm and I think its great for all teams involved
Bulls get Boozer and Brent Barry
Rockets get AK and Tyson
Hornets get Tyrus, Jerome, Chicago's 2010 1st
Jazz get TMac and Battier

Fireworld
07-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Anyone trying to sell tickets

JordansBulls
07-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Anyone trying to sell tickets

Thunder:clap: