no its still LA

AntiG
07-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Lakers
Nuggets
Spurs

L@ker4Life
07-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Id have to say a healthy Spurs team is better than the nuggets...Plus nuggets lost Dahntay jones didnt they....not a huge loss but a loss nevertheless.

Lakers
Spurs
Portland/Mavs/Denver/jazz (depending on what happens with Milsap and others)

Statik1
07-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Clippers they got Griffen..........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Stormblast
07-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Nuggets wil be a better team w/o Jones now if they can just dump Carter

JDizzle
07-09-2009, 03:12 PM
I know alot has changed in 2 yrs lakers spurs have got better and all.. but the hornets won 56 games 2 yrs ago and then 49 games last year with a banged up roster. if they can maybe add another lil piece and remain healty why cant they possible be the best in the west

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 03:13 PM
C-Mcdyess
PF-Duncan
SF-Jefferson
SG-Mason
PG-Parker
Bench-Ginobli, Hill, Blair and Bonner

C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Artest
SG-Kobe
PG-Fisher
Bench-Walton, Vujacic, Farmar, Brown

C-Dampier
PF-Dirk
SF-Marion
SG-Howard
PG-Kidd
Bench-Terry, Barea, Gortat, Williams

I'd take Spurs out of all 3. They seem to have the most balanced Starting lineup and bench.

Stormblast
07-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I know alot has changed in 2 yrs lakers spurs have got better and all.. but the hornets won 56 games 2 yrs ago and then 49 games last year with a banged up roster. if they can maybe add another lil piece and remain healty why cant they possible be the best in the west

Because they lost chandler

cowboyz180
07-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Spurs get RJ,Mcdyess, steal in Blair.
Lakers get artest.
Mavs get marion.

Who is the team to beat now??
If the magic dont match the offer, which they probably wont, dallas will get marcin gortat. :D

DCB/LAL
07-09-2009, 03:14 PM
The Lakers

cowboyz180
07-09-2009, 03:15 PM
I still think the teams to beat are the lakers and spurs, with the mavs and nuggets the dark horses that can potentially upset the lakers and spurs.

DCB/LAL
07-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Because they lost chandler

When did they lose him?

lakerfan 4 life
07-09-2009, 03:17 PM
C-Mcdyess
PF-Duncan
SF-Jefferson
SG-Mason
PG-Parker
Bench-Ginobli, Hill, Blair and Bonner

C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Artest
SG-Kobe
PG-Fisher
Bench-Walton, Vujacic, Farmar, Brown

C-Dampier
PF-Dirk
SF-Marion
SG-Howard
PG-Kidd
Bench-Terry, Barea, Gortat, Williams

I'd take Spurs out of all 3. They seem to have the most balanced Starting lineup and bench.

:confused:You forgot LO. Our bench is way better then either teams

Ace33Bone
07-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Uh this is an easy answer the Lakers are the Title holders and they are still the best in the West

Stormblast
07-09-2009, 03:20 PM
When did they lose him?

Oh crap, I forgot the trade was voided, my bad

DrDEADalready
07-09-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm going to have to go with the Jazz.

DCB/LAL
07-09-2009, 03:23 PM

Well he's still not signed so cant really put him on the roster quite yet.

Dncehalldrug
07-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Lakers in the West and overall, unless they get dethrone. but right now they're the best in the league hands down, man down.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/d_julien/18e359fd46456e73e12e3a774877325cc5c.jpg

The fact that they confiscated the video makes it more embarrassing.:pity:

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 03:27 PM

He's not officially on the team.

I left him out.

JordansBulls
07-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Lakers were the team to beat last year so why wouldn't they be this year?

J_M_B
07-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Lakers were the team to beat last year and are still the team to beat this year.

tland22
07-09-2009, 04:21 PM

WRONG! The Celtics were the team to beat last year... or did you forget they went into this past season as Champions...and started off ungodly hott and on fire....Before they lost KG, they were the team to beat, for sure.

But yea, Lakers win title, so they are the team to beat this year. And one reason they wouldnt be the team to beat this year, is because who knows the impact these big FA moves will have on each team. On Paper, it could easiyl be argued that the Spurs, Lakers, or Celtics are the team to beat etc... it isnt a "given" as you portrayed.

zambo4president
07-09-2009, 04:32 PM
LA is the team to beat since they are the reigning champs.

Reddd
07-09-2009, 04:39 PM
IF the Lakers sign Odom than they are truly a team to beat, if The Human Swiss Army Knife isn't re-signed, I think Spurs have a better chance, when completely healthy. Just so much experience:speechless:

IBleedPurple
07-09-2009, 04:42 PM

Lamar Odom is not a Laker.

Lakers are still the best. I'd say LA, SA, DEN, DAL, POR

still1ballin
07-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Lakers are current champions and the team to beat until they are dethrowned. End of story.

Uz13
07-09-2009, 04:51 PM

Did you hear about the new cancer Ron artest?

ManRam
07-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Spurs on paper are the best, especially with Odom's uncertainty (kind of uncertainty). A healthy Manu, to go along with McDyess and RJ makes them the favorites IMO. They are a much deeper team as well. Duncan isn't getting old just yet.

I'm not so sure how Ron will fit. I've always had his side, and feel he'll never stop being remembered as a cancer...but I'm more worried about his style of play. Ariza fit in remarkably in the system. I don't know how Ron will. If he still is looking for his shot all the time, they wont be a better team.

Giantwarrior
07-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Spurs get RJ,Mcdyess, steal in Blair.
Lakers get artest.
Mavs get marion.

Who is the team to beat now??

Djuan Blair fell in the draft for a reason. dont overrate him until you see him play. you think hes a steal because you watched it on espn.

mikantsass
07-09-2009, 04:57 PM
If the Lakers keep Odom then it will be LA, if not the San Antonio. Dallas doesnt deserve to be in the convo.

Giantwarrior
07-09-2009, 05:01 PM
oh i forgot, Lakers are the best team in the West and the East. they are the CHAMPS, they will have that title and respect until they get knocked off the podium.

(Spurs Fans) Remember Fischer .04 seconds?

JabberJaw
07-09-2009, 05:06 PM
The Lakers are the team to beat, especially if they get LO back. They just upgraded from Ariza to Artest and are basically bringing back the same team that just won the championship. If Bynum can have a full season of health the team will be even more dangerous.
I like what the Spurs, Celtics and Magic have done though. They should all be beasts.
I think it goes Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets in the West and Celtics, Magic, Cavs in the East. Just my opinion. Health plays a HUGE factor into all these teams success.

king4day
07-09-2009, 05:07 PM
oh i forgot, Lakers are the best team in the West and the East. they are the CHAMPS, they will have that title and respect until they get knocked off the podium.

What does the .04 second shot have to do with anything?

... LA is still the team to beat but the Spurs are creeping up right behind them. Dallas is a bit further out but right there too. Denver will be there too but they probably need to make some sort of move. I'd put Dallas and Denver at the same level right now.

IversonIsKrazy
07-09-2009, 05:27 PM
If Odom doesn't re-sign, the Spurs.

Sportfan
07-09-2009, 05:33 PM

LO reportedly isnt close to an agreement with you guys

without LO spurs, but if he stays with the lakers, its the lakers that are the best

Statik1
07-09-2009, 06:00 PM

:smoking:

xBLAMEITON24x
07-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Los Lakers

X12Celtics3
07-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Djuan Blair fell in the draft for a reason. dont overrate him until you see him play. you think hes a steal because you watched it on espn.

He fell in the draft not for talent reasons, but for size reasons. He is an undersized power forward.

fresh prince
07-09-2009, 07:30 PM
The Lakers are the team to beat, especially if they get LO back. They just upgraded from Ariza to Artest and are basically bringing back the same team that just won the championship. If Bynum can have a full season of health the team will be even more dangerous.
I like what the Spurs, Celtics and Magic have done though. They should all be beasts.
I think it goes Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets in the West and Celtics, Magic, Cavs in the East. Just my opinion. Health plays a HUGE factor into all these teams success.

Shhhhhh!! Andrew Bynum is finally flying under the radar with the RON - Trevor thing. Re Signing Odom and all the other FA moves..

People are finally forgetting about the impact a healthy semi dominant Bynum will have on the Lakers. I think that is a good thing..

Keep it on the Low..That's essentially another huge Acquisition for the Lake SHow

ko8e24
07-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Did you hear about the new cancer Ron artest?

Stop using that word! :mad: Do you even know what that is you inconsiderate piece of *******

SouljahPhil...
07-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Don't mind him..jealousy I guess...

27atwater
07-09-2009, 10:47 PM

Where does a Warrior fan get off talking smack on the Spurs?

Lakers are numero uno until dethroned, but I got 4 rings that says SA is worlds better than Golden State.

JDizzle
07-09-2009, 11:08 PM
I think the spurs are probably the team to beat really.. people forget about geroge hill and rodger mason jr great role players. and they dont act up and just get **** done... lakers idkkk kobeeee he needs the spotlight it just seems like so much talent and not enough touches to go around in la with gasol kobe and artest now should have keep ariza

ko8e24
07-09-2009, 11:44 PM
I think the spurs are probably the team to beat really.. people forget about geroge hill and rodger mason jr great role players. and they dont act up and just get **** done... lakers idkkk kobeeee he needs the spotlight it just seems like so much talent and not enough touches to go around in la with gasol kobe and artest now should have keep ariza

wtf??? :confused:

Stop with the drugs! :no:

ggg
07-09-2009, 11:50 PM
mavs are something to look out for. J kidd is still a top PG in terms of court vision, passing ability, decision making, and experience. Carlisle's plan obviously will be to incorporate Marion in the system. question is can kidd still run the break? if he can, marion, kidd along with a great shooter in terry it will be deadly combination in the open court with a trailing dirk. Mavs always tried to run problem is they didnt have a strong slasher, now they do its gonna be interesting. definitely a team to watch out.

Id go

1. Lakers w/ LO
2. Mavs
3. Spurs

something tells me either the mavs are going to be great this season or theyll suck.

Giantwarrior
07-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Where does a Warrior fan get off talking smack on the Spurs?

Lakers are numero uno until dethroned, but I got 4 rings that says SA is worlds better than Golden State.

you dont have 4 rings. the team you happen to cheer for has 4 rings. you may have a better team, but the bay area is way more beautiful then san antonio. sorry i still win.

ggg
07-09-2009, 11:56 PM
btw when it comes to offense (on paper) i think mavs will be as good as anyone in the west. its all about connecting the pieces right now for them.

smuffins353
07-10-2009, 12:18 AM
rockets way more fundamentally sound than all these teams. best GM in NBA let the offseason play out then lets talk whos the best
let us not forget McGrady is in his contract year hes gunna be lookin for the mula next year watch the rockets make a big push

Blah Blah Blah
07-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Still the Lakers. Cuz the best team this past season just got an upgrade in Artest. SA will prolly win the Southwest title and prolly the #2 seed.

Did U C VC?
07-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Take into account that although the Spurs team looks good on paper..we dont know how they'll played togheter... I would still have to go with LA... nucleus still there + artest...

S.J.Basketball
07-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Stop using that word! :mad: Do you even know what that is you inconsiderate piece of *******

This is off topic, but why are you so unbelievably sensitive? I've seen you on the forums and if someone says "gay", "cancer", or curses you get all cry baby and bleeding heart about it.

You might be a gay guy who has or had cancer. If you can't get over it I suggest you stay off the internet my friend.

Back on topic: Odom WILL sign with the Lakers. I feel they're just working out the kinks in the contract, but I'm confident we'll land him. I say a healthy Lakers team is still the Best in the West. Especially if Bynum can stay healthy for the entire year and get his groove back.

Brooke
07-10-2009, 12:51 AM
It is still the Lakers. Lakers are the team to beat because they are the reigning champs

BoltLakerPadre
07-10-2009, 01:26 AM
phoenix...........

no its still LA

hahaha

simpsona
07-10-2009, 02:40 AM
Easy choice. Lakers

banglawiz
07-10-2009, 03:19 AM
Haha I love all the Laker Doubter (Some Haters :D).

I would much rather end up being the best and quiting the doubter then be throned the best team before the season even starts.

but Lakers have so many different assets/weapon to beat other teams.

They Can Play Big with Bynum/Pau/ LO (good chance he will be back)

They can play run and gun (if wanted to)

They Have so many players that can hurt u with that its hard to double team the best player (Kobe)

They have the best coach ever in Phil (10 rings)

They Can Play Physical, and good with Ron and Kobe Guarding the wing and two 7fotter guarding the paint.

Ohh and i also forgot to mention they also have some guy by the name of Kobe Bryant...

With no disrispect to the other teams like the spurs, mavs, nuggs, blazers I think the lakers have something in their Arsenal that is a weakness to the other mentioned teams.

Spurs have good D and 4 solid scorers but they lack Size up front. Duncan is getting old and in this age Pau is equal or very close to Duncan. but the other bigs on spurs (Blair and Mcdyse) dont compare to the skill set of Bynum and LO.

Mavs have talent to score but can they play Defense??

Nugs also have problem with Laker Bigs and containing Kobe.

so i think u guys know who im picking... ;)

banglawiz
07-10-2009, 03:22 AM
Ohh the Lakers also have secret weapon in DJ Mbenga...lol :D

Any want Dacos?? ROFL

RISE ABOVE
07-10-2009, 04:15 AM
Lakers/Portland
Spurs/Denver

RISE ABOVE
07-10-2009, 04:16 AM
Ohh the Lakers also have secret weapon in DJ Mbenga...lol :D

Any want Dacos?? ROFL