PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Easts Big 3

Frank Costanza
07-09-2009, 01:54 PM
None of these 8 team charts, so much can happen at the bottom of a playoff race it isnt even fair to judge yet.

The top 3 however is rounding out to be the same as last yr but with each team adding peices to thier puzzle.

rank in the order you think they finish this yr

my rankings:

Orlando
Boston
Cleveland

I hate vince being from toronto but i dont doubt his talent and impact on an already stacked team.

Boston is still ahead of CLeveland when healthy and with Sheed

clutchski
07-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Clutch likes Frank's thinking

black1605
07-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando

J-Relo
07-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Orlando getting Vince lost a lot...

Lee, Turkoglu, Alston, Battee and possibly Gortat... Vince is/was a great basketball player, but before this trade many said that he is washed up, bad attitude and so on...

so how this makes Orlando better than last season?

Ty Fast
07-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando

Zefflin
07-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Boston
Orlando
Cleveland

LetsGo HomeTeam
07-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando

Boston is esencially adding KG and Sheed for this next years playoff run... thats ECF at the very least barring no major injuries of course

Cleveland got a better by adding Shaq

i'm sorry but what Orlando did this past season was a surprise to even them... so now they lost their best playoff performer(not best player) and added Carter doesnt really scare anyone i dont think

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Cleveland
Orlando
Boston
Hawks
Raptors
Heat
Bulls
Sixers

kbaxter34
07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Cleveland
Boston
Orlando

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando

Boston is esencially adding KG and Sheed for this next years playoff run... thats ECF at the very least barring no major injuries of course

Cleveland got a better by adding Shaq

i'm sorry but what Orlando did this past season was a surprise to even them... so now they lost their best playoff performer(not best player) and added Carter doesnt really scare anyone i dont think

You don't think that Shaq is better than Rasheed.

LetsGo HomeTeam
07-09-2009, 02:09 PM

i never said that of course Shaq is better... not even a question

AntiG
07-09-2009, 02:10 PM

I think that he is saying adding KG AND Sheed is better than adding Shaq.

KG missed 25 of games last year plus the entire playoffs. That's just below 1/3 of the season... and they finished only a handful of games behind Cleveland.

The Celtics with a healthy KG basically just added two stud players to their roster. Can't really beat that.

LetsGo HomeTeam
07-09-2009, 02:11 PM

btw i am in love with Demar Derozen... this kid is going to be a stud for years... his ups are just scary!!!

RiLoc
07-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando

All comes down to who's healthy. Maybe if Orlando picks up a PF things will change.

LetsGo HomeTeam
07-09-2009, 02:13 PM

KG missed 25 of games last year plus the entire playoffs. That's just below 1/3 of the season... and they finished only a handful of games behind Cleveland.

The Celtics with a healthy KG basically just added two stud players to their roster. Can't really beat that.

thats exactly what i was saying... good looks

LetsGo HomeTeam
07-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando

All comes down to who's healthy. Maybe if Orlando picks up a PF things will change.

i totally agree with the health comment, but Orlando has R Lewis... i think you meant SF and worst case i see them starting Peitrus if they cant swing a FA

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 02:16 PM

Oh. Ok.

Can't you make the arguement though that if Shaq was in Cleveland at the deadline, they would have won it all.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 02:17 PM
btw i am in love with Demar Derozen... this kid is going to be a stud for years... his ups are just scary!!!

Derozan = :cool:

THE MTL
07-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando

Orlando lost alot by getting VC. They desperately need another big too and the market for them is drying up.

Cleveland added Shaq and didnt lose anyone of importance and still have MLE.

Boston added Rasheed Wallace and possibly Grant Hill.

DCSportsIsPain
07-09-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't think the "Big Three" finish 1,2,3. One of them will finish 4th or lower.

LetsGo HomeTeam
07-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Oh. Ok.

Can't you make the arguement though that if Shaq was in Cleveland at the deadline, they would have won it all.

i think its safe to say it would have been a better series with Orlando and prob would have won, but i feel like Mo disappeared and that was Cleveland's biggest prob... outside of trying to stop that 3pt attack Orlando put on everyone they played

Vidball
07-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Cle
bos
orl

LetsGo HomeTeam
07-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I don't think the "Big Three" finish 1,2,3. One of them will finish 4th or lower.

i agree who do you think it will be... if i had to guess its Magic behind maybe the Hawks or Raptors

carter15
07-09-2009, 02:25 PM

Lee, Turkoglu, Alston, Battee and possibly Gortat... Vince is/was a great basketball player, but before this trade many said that he is washed up, bad attitude and so on...

i think orlando is better this year because...

lee - they get a comparable rookie in ryan anderson who is really underated and nobody really knew of him cause he was on a bad team...had orlando not made the playoffs the same wuda been said about courtney lee....so they don't lose a lot or any talent here...the difference is they get a PF back for a SG which is ok since they have pietrus and reddick who can play SG off the bench.

turkoglu - definately the biggest loss this offseason for the Magic but he is replaced by vince carter who i see as an upgrade, as do many others.

alston - remember this was a team that was one of the best in the East before Nelson got hurt...there is no questioning whether Nelson is better then Alston and Anthony Johnson who was backing up Alston all 2nd half of last year and playoffs is still their to backup Jameer...so overall the PG situation is better in Orlando then it was in the playoffs last year....losing Alston will not be a big deal at all since Nelson is healthy now.

battie - Magic didnt get anybody to replace him but he didn't play a huge role on the team...Ryan Anderson and the players the Magic will get to round out the roster will replace Battie easily

gortat - this is the real loss for the Magic at the moment...they have no1 who can come off the bench and play center...BUT its still really early in free agency so expect them to find someone before the season starts.

overall the improvement from Hedo to Vince will give the Magic a big boost but i dont think theyll be the 1 seed.

i think itll go Cleveland - Orlando - Boston.

yes Boston added Sheed but they are gonna lose Powe, Marbury and Big Baby...so they still have no bench besides their 1 big man and eddie house...i think they need to add more...but just lik for orlando..there is still time for that.

Dncehalldrug
07-09-2009, 02:28 PM
1) Boston
2) Cavs
3) Orlando

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/d_julien/18e359fd46456e73e12e3a774877325cc5c.jpg

The fact that they confiscated the video makes it more embarrassing.:pity:

LetsGo HomeTeam
07-09-2009, 02:31 PM
i think orlando is better this year because...

lee - they get a comparable rookie in ryan anderson who is really underated and nobody really knew of him cause he was on a bad team...had orlando not made the playoffs the same wuda been said about courtney lee....so they don't lose a lot or any talent here...the difference is they get a PF back for a SG which is ok since they have pietrus and reddick who can play SG off the bench.

turkoglu - definately the biggest loss this offseason for the Magic but he is replaced by vince carter who i see as an upgrade, as do many others.

alston - remember this was a team that was one of the best in the East before Nelson got hurt...there is no questioning whether Nelson is better then Alston and Anthony Johnson who was backing up Alston all 2nd half of last year and playoffs is still their to backup Jameer...so overall the PG situation is better in Orlando then it was in the playoffs last year....losing Alston will not be a big deal at all since Nelson is healthy now.

battie - Magic didnt get anybody to replace him but he didn't play a huge role on the team...Ryan Anderson and the players the Magic will get to round out the roster will replace Battie easily

gortat - this is the real loss for the Magic at the moment...they have no1 who can come off the bench and play center...BUT its still really early in free agency so expect them to find someone before the season starts.

overall the improvement from Hedo to Vince will give the Magic a big boost but i dont think theyll be the 1 seed.

i think itll go Cleveland - Orlando - Boston.

yes Boston added Sheed but they are gonna lose Powe, Marbury and Big Baby...so they still have no bench besides their 1 big man and eddie house...i think they need to add more...but just lik for orlando..there is still time for that.

i think you just proved that Orlando got worse... not by much but a lil bit

and do you really think that Boston is going to miss Starbury? Powe & Baby yes but to say that we got worse cuz of their potential loss is absurd... all we need is a back up PG & C thats it... if we get Hill then your point is completely moot

J_M_B
07-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando

Boston when healthy is the most dominate team out of the big three in the East. Orlando lost Hedo and gave up lee and Alston to get Vince. That's a step backwards to me. Cleveland added Shaq, but I really don't know if he has anything left in the tank.

the rest of the league

Atlanta
Miami
Washington
Chicago
Philadelphia

outside looking in:
Charoltte
Toronto
Detroit

CraigtheSoxFan
07-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Cleveland
Orlando
Boston
Hawks
Raptors
Heat
Bulls
Sixers

Cleveland
Boston
Orlando

give me a break you boston haters are jokes!

heres my list

1. Boston : by adding sheed it gives the c's good bench depth and size plus "if healthy" boston has more wepons than the cavs! but if the c's got bass insted of sheed then the cavs are better then us but as of right now we made a better move getting a 4 time allstar and puting him on the bench. plus if and big if hill picks boston it makes boston more deeper.

2. cleveland : yes they added shaq and parker but still if boston did not sign sheed but signed a guy like bass then cavs would be #1 and boston #2 but now sheed is a celtic it shiifts to boston #1 cleveland #2. but youl never know the cavs could surpize boston and sign big baby davis.

3. detroit : adding gordon is a great move for the pistons and charlie V could be great in mo town but they could trade rip for boozer an but sitll a good team. and stucky will have a break out season

4. orlando : is a good team adding vince carter but needs a bench

carter15
07-09-2009, 02:39 PM
i think you just proved that Orlando got worse... not by much but a lil bit

and do you really think that Boston is going to miss Starbury? Powe & Baby yes but to say that we got worse cuz of their potential loss is absurd... all we need is a back up PG & C thats it... if we get Hill then your point is completely moot

yes you will miss marbury cuz who else can run the point off the bench for u guys...pruitt?...u guys still have to pick up a backup PG to replace him which i wont doubt u will do but FOR NOW its a hole that has to be filled.
if u get Hill then yes you get a huge boost...but thats a big IF...i can say if the Magic get Bass and Gooden then we've improved big time...but none of that stuff has happened..so well see once it does.

carter15
07-09-2009, 02:40 PM

heres my list

1. Boston : by adding sheed it gives the c's good bench depth and size plus "if healthy" boston has more wepons than the cavs! but if the c's got bass insted of sheed then the cavs are better then us but as of right now we made a better move getting a 4 time allstar and puting him on the bench. plus if and big if hill picks boston it makes boston more deeper.

2. cleveland : yes they added shaq and parker but still if boston did not sign sheed but signed a guy like bass then cavs would be #1 and boston #2 but now sheed is a celtic it shiifts to boston #1 cleveland #2. but youl never know the cavs could surpize boston and sign big baby davis.

3. detroit : adding gordon is a great move for the pistons and charlie V could be great in mo town but they could trade rip for boozer an but sitll a good team. and stucky will have a break out season

so first you mock boston haters..then u put detroit at 3..alright their buddy it seems lik you have no idea what YOUR talking about.

clevelafan4life
07-09-2009, 02:40 PM
as of right now

Celtics
Cavs
Magic

but the offseason is not over yet......lets see in a month or two

CraigtheSoxFan
07-09-2009, 02:46 PM
so first you mock boston haters..then u put detroit at 3..alright their buddy it seems lik you have no idea what YOUR talking about.

dont weast your time magic fan

YOU DONT HAVE a BENCH!!! and get some fax and come back and tell me

p.s. your just upest that the magic did not get a shaq or a wallace so dont give me that crap!!!!

macc
07-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Lee avg 8 pts a game for us last season. Alston was just a patch for Nelson. Battie avg 2.1 pts a game last season, Gortat avg 3.3 pts and 3 rebounds a game for us last season. It hurt to lose Lee but we also got a solid player who was picked ahead of Lee in the draft in Ryan Anderson.

In any case, they are called "role players" easy come easy go. As long as you got your main guys in tact then your team is fine. We've now added Carter who is better then Turk in pretty much every single catagory, so yes I would say that's an upgrade. The Magic didn't have a goto scorer on their team last year, now they do.

I really never understand why people say Carter is washed up. I mean really, how ignorant can somone be to say that? He avg 21 5 5 last season. He's still a top 5 sg in the NBA. Had his career high in assists per game last year. Still avg 21 pts on less shots per. Its one thing to have your opinion, but what are you basing it on?

Talk to 99% of Nets fans and they will tell you how good the guy still is and that they are sad about him leaving and hope he wins a ring. You would think that if he would be washed up or close to it that the Net fans would be bashing him right now. So I'm going to take the Net fans, you know the ones that actually watched every single game of his last year then a bunch of ignorant posters on psd who bash Vince because it's the "trendy" thing to do. Savy

Anyway my top 3 is

Magic - Added a much needed consistant closer in Vince. Howard will be a yr older and a year better, same with Nelson

Boston - Their big 3 plus Wallce is all a yr older. I love Ray Allen but his age was really starting to show last year as you could clearly see he lost a step. I mean JJ Reddick stuck him.

Cleveland - They added an aged Shaq. I'm not going to say he's washed up like alot of people will say because he still avg 18 pt 8.4 rebounds a game last year while shooting 60.9%. He can still play, I just think Cleveland needs one more true peremeter player to be 1 or 2.

In any case I just think with Bostons big 4 on the back side up their career and Orlandos on the rise I believe that gives them the edge. Either way they are all tough and I look forward to watching them all play next year.

NeutralFan
07-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Boston
Orlando
Cleveland

carter15
07-09-2009, 02:50 PM

p.s. your just upest that the magic did not get a shaq or a wallace so dont give me that crap!!!!

k ur obviously 10 years old

did i say u shudnt put boston 1
or that magic shudnt be 4
i just said detroit in NO WAY will be 3rd that is all.

macc
07-09-2009, 02:57 PM
I think its a bit early to even have this thread because one big trade could really shake things up. In any case you have to put Magic at top, they are the Eastern conf champions, until somone knocks them of that title thats where they sit. Same goes for the Lakers, they are the champs, until somone takes that from them you can't deny what they accomplised.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 02:57 PM

heres my list

I'm a hater cuz I think Boston is 3rd? Is it my fault the Magic and Cavs have 2 mega stars not even in their prime and they added a veteran to their team that can contribute well. Boston added Rasheed Wallace. Cavs added Shaq. Magic added Carter. If anything, Boston is probably last.

You have so much damn "ifs" on your analysist of Boston. Basing it right now, Cavs have a better starting lineup and the same amount of bench.

And give me a break. I know whenever Boston wins, you get an orgasm but come one now. Do you have to call us haters just cuz we don't think your team is 1st?

CraigtheSoxFan
07-09-2009, 02:58 PM
k ur obviously 10 years old

did i say u shudnt put boston 1
or that magic shudnt be 4
i just said detroit in NO WAY will be 3rd that is all.

news flash the pistons made moves plus they are close to adding big babby and what i see so far is you guys made 1 move adding vince at the draft after that you guys started loseing guys

yes the magic is good but detorit is getting better and you guys are getting worest! and im the ten year old! haha dont get me stared buddy

LetsGo HomeTeam
07-09-2009, 02:58 PM
yes you will miss marbury cuz who else can run the point off the bench for u guys...pruitt?...u guys still have to pick up a backup PG to replace him which i wont doubt u will do but FOR NOW its a hole that has to be filled.
if u get Hill then yes you get a huge boost...but thats a big IF...i can say if the Magic get Bass and Gooden then we've improved big time...but none of that stuff has happened..so well see once it does.

Starbury did nothing for celtics last year... idk what you saw but i watch every game and he made like a handful of meaningful shots in all his games with us...

anybody can do as little as he did including Pruit/Giddens/Hudson seriously... he is going to europe cuz no one wants him... how is that value?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 02:59 PM

Carter is better than Wallace and O'neal.

tland22
07-09-2009, 02:59 PM

well said, I couldnt agree more.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 03:00 PM
news flash the pistons made moves plus they are close to adding big babby and what i see so far is you guys made 1 move adding vince at the draft after that you guys started loseing guys

yes the magic is good but detorit is getting better and you guys are getting worest! and im the ten year old! haha dont get me stared buddy

Come on now. He's not 10. He's 5. He cant even spell STARTED.

And how can you think Detorit is a top 3 team when they have AI V2 in Gordon and an above average role player in CV31.

CraigtheSoxFan
07-09-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm a hater cuz I think Boston is 3rd? Is it my fault the Magic and Cavs have 2 mega stars not even in their prime and they added a veteran to their team that can contribute well. Boston added Rasheed Wallace. Cavs added Shaq. Magic added Carter. If anything, Boston is probably last.

You have so much damn "ifs" on your analysist of Boston. Basing it right now, Cavs have a better starting lineup and the same amount of bench.

And give me a break. I know whenever Boston wins, you get an orgasm but come one now. Do you have to call us haters just cuz we don't think your team is 1st?

how dare you say orlando is better than cleveland and boston it dose not make sence and i respect the cavs fans

CraigtheSoxFan
07-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Come on now. He's not 10. He's 5. He cant even spell STARTED.

And how can you think Detorit is a top 3 team when they have AI V2 in Gordon and an above average role player in CV31.

wow what a cheap shot from a guy who thinks hes rapters are going to win it all

LetsGo HomeTeam
07-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Boston
Rondo
Allen
Peirce
KG
Perk
6th Sheed

Cleveland
Mo
Parker
LBJ
AV
Shaq
6th West

Orlando
Nelson
Carter
Peitrus
Lewis
Howard
6th Anderson???

nobody has a staring 5-6 like boston for real guys... we know LBJ and Howard are beasts, but heres a clue they are both in their primes as we speak

JordansBulls
07-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Cleveland needs the top seed to beat Boston. If Boston gets the top seed/HCA, no one will beat team in a series as long as they are healthy. It doesn't mean they won't lose a home game, but they will get it back on the road.

CraigtheSoxFan
07-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Carter is better than Wallace and O'neal.

oh yeah well what i see is they both have rings and helped there teams get titles vince has done nothing for your rapters and the nets!

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 03:20 PM
^Shaq and Wallace also had a better supporting cast.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 03:21 PM
how dare you say orlando is better than cleveland and boston it dose not make sence and i respect the cavs fans

I never said Orlando was better than Cleveland.

I ranked it like this. Cleveland, Orlando then Boston.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 03:23 PM
wow what a cheap shot from a guy who thinks hes rapters are going to win it all

I think you are 10.

It's Raptors. Not Rapters.

And I thought they were going to win it all. Well not thought. It was more of a joke.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Boston
Rondo
Allen
Peirce
KG
Perk
6th Sheed

Cleveland
Mo
Parker
LBJ
AV
Shaq
6th West

Orlando
Nelson
Carter
Peitrus
Lewis
Howard
6th Anderson???

nobody has a staring 5-6 like boston for real guys... we know LBJ and Howard are beasts, but heres a clue they are both in their primes as we speak

The whole Boston team other than Rondo is over the hill.

Wouldn't that be another reason why Cleveland and Orlando would be better than Boston?

The 4 main guys Boston has are over 30 and Orlando and Cleveland have 2 young players and 2 veterans.

CraigtheSoxFan
07-09-2009, 03:26 PM
oic still think orlando is not better than boston and and he wont have a great cast in orlando

CraigtheSoxFan
07-09-2009, 03:29 PM
The whole Boston team other than Rondo is over the hill.

Wouldn't that be another reason why Cleveland and Orlando would be better than Boston?

The 4 main guys Boston has are over 30 and Orlando and Cleveland have 2 young players and 2 veterans.

hey nobody what you think boston hater

GHOSTSNIPER
07-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Boston
Cleveland
Philadelphia

Raps18-19 Champ
07-09-2009, 03:54 PM
hey nobody what you think boston hater

Ok Ill make sure to remember you when Detorit goes to the lottery.

Seriously who the hell thinks Detorit will be 3rd seed.

k to the b
07-09-2009, 03:57 PM
No turkoglu, No alston, no lee, plus Vince? Bad!!!

They drop from top 3

Cleveland
Boston
Atlanta

Orlando will be 4 seed....and suck

They messed up letting Turk walk and taking on Vinsanity

JordansBulls
07-09-2009, 03:59 PM
No turkoglu, No alston, no lee, plus Vince? Bad!!!

They drop from top 3

Cleveland
Boston
Atlanta

Orlando will be 4 seed....and suck

They messed up letting Turk walk and taking on Vinsanity

How so?

That's like saying all these other teams will get worse for taking on a star player.

SB75
07-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I think Orlando has taken a step backwards. I don't think Vince is an upgrade in their system.

1. Cle
2. Bos
3. Atl
4. Orl

Chateamsfan
07-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando

Mikeleafs
07-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Cleveland
Boston
Orlando
Toronto

tr4shb0t
07-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando

paul pierce
07-09-2009, 04:34 PM
boston
orlando/clevand

Callenx5
07-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Ima die hard cleveland fan, but I don't feel the cavs are better than the celtics, unless Lebron added something else to his game (like a low post game) then it's over wit. Sheed and Garnet in the middle ewww that's nasty hopefully time hasn't caught up with them.

Wrightw/Reyes19
07-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Bos
Orl
Clev/Det

Sportfan
07-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando

Sportfan
07-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Bos
Orl
Clev/Det

detroit isnt a top 3 team

jkiddvc20
07-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I am telling you do not lowball VC. I watched him for 5 season with NJ and trust me he has the passion and heart and will be gunning for a ship.

X12Celtics3
07-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Boston Celtics
Cleveland Cavaliers
Orlando Magic