PDA

View Full Version : Iverson close to Memphis

kblo247
07-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Memphis Grizzlies considering 1-year, $5 million offer to Allen Iverson

By Ronald Tillery (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal
Wednesday, July 8, 2009

While one Grizzlies transaction is on hold for the time being, another potential deal –- once seemingly improbable –- could be nearing completion.
Allen Iverson, then with the Detroit Pistons, is surrounded by Memphis Grizzlies defenders in this Jan. 19, 2009, file photo.

Although neither team has reneged, an agreed-upon trade between Memphis and the Los Angeles Clippers that would put power forward Zach Randolph in a Grizzlies uniform wasn’t made official today for several reasons ranging from accounting to player physicals.

Meanwhile, All-Star guard Allen Iverson could be donning a Grizzlies uniform any minute.

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley wants to meet with Iverson and is seriously considering a one-year, $5 million offer, according to team insiders. Heisley’s renewed interest presents a sudden turn of events given the organization had all but decided to pass on Iverson.

The veteran, prolific scorer is a free agent for the first time in his professional career. Iverson, 34, is also negotiating with the Miami Heat.

What began as exploratory discussions with the Griz has turned into substantive talks, according to sources. And the Grizzlies are a house divided on the issue. There is little-to-no support for signing Iverson in the organization, but Heisley is having second thoughts.

Heisley will make the final call, and he is leaning toward the risk-reward given Iverson’s marketing appeal and basketball ability compared to his controversial work ethic.

Heisley, the Chicago-based billionaire owner of the Grizzlies, is expected to outline to Iverson a proposal that is more lucrative financially but less than what the 13-year veteran seeks in terms of his basketball role.

If Iverson joins the Grizzlies, he’ll agree to be a player off the bench who conforms to the team’s commitment of developing its young talent.

The Grizzlies would make clear to Iverson that he would be sent home or banished for any perceived act of insubordination.

It is still unknown whether Iverson would consent to the Grizzlies’ criterion.

Iverson recently indicated on Twitter.com that he wanted to play a significant role on any team.

“I'm a Free Agent, healthy again, and capable of signing with any team,” Iverson said. “My only preference will be to play for a coach that knows what I bring to the table and that I am going to bring it every night! Someone that knows how to best utilize my skills to make our team the very best that we can be.”

Iverson’s agent Leon Rose didn’t respond to phone messages left by The Commercial Appeal.

“Some offers are on the table, and discussions are ongoing,” Rose told the Miami Herald for today’s editions. “That's all I can really say at this point about that.”

Iverson had a problem being a reserve with the playoff-bound Detroit Pistons and even said he'd prefer to retire before becoming a bench player. It’s a sentiment that he repeated in an interview with Detroit media last weekend.

A somewhat mysterious back injury ended Iverson's season April 3.

Iverson's scoring ability and mass appeal are indisputable. He played in 57 games for the Pistons and averaged 17.4 points and 4.9 assists. Iverson also has always been a sellout draw in Memphis – something Heisley presumably is considering.

Plus, the Griz still need more backcourt scoring punch and a reliable ball-handler in reserve. Iverson, a former league MVP, has averaged 27.1 points in his career.

If the Iverson negotiations continue to progress, the Griz stand to make significant upgrades in the backcourt and on the frontline.

It could take up to five more days before the Randolph-for-Richardson swap is announced mainly because the Griz are looking to consummate another trade scenario first.

As the NBA lifted a moratorium on transactions today, Memphis was among a few teams considering a three-way deal with Dallas and Toronto.

The Mavericks are trying to pry away Shawn Marion from the Raptors in a sign-and-trade agreement and are soliciting the Grizzlies as a facilitator. It is believed that the Griz would receive veteran guard Jerry Stackhouse and cash considerations in the deal.

Stackhouse has only $2 million guaranteed on a $7 million contract for next season.

Any potential Memphis-Dallas-Toronto deal would not affect the Grizzlies’ agreement with the Clippers.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jul/08/memphis-grizzlies-considering-1-year-5-million-off/

I can see him going there as he can be the star and he can help Memphis sale tickets

LayZbone
07-08-2009, 10:41 PM
so its basically:

1. Make more money, come off the bench, and play in the city of Memphis with young studs.

or

2. Make anything up to the MLE, start, and play in the city of Miami with D-Wade.

bahama0811
07-08-2009, 10:44 PM
It sure is amazing how quickly AI's career went down the drain. Kinda sucks.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-08-2009, 10:47 PM
hate to say this, but WhAT A LOSER.

he is so self centered and ignorant. hurts to say it, but its true.

Imagine AI off the bench of the 5 contenders. now hes going to memphis to lose about 40-50 games this year. awesome decision.

NYtilIdie
07-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Man its sad how A.I. career completely went downhill. He went from carrying his team to the Final's and winning the MVP to playing in Memphis cause their the only team who will let him start. Damn how quick time goes by it seemed like 2000 was yesterday. Bet Iverson's wishes it was still 2000 when he was on top of the world.

mzgrizz
07-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Have some heart for us poor Grizz fans, guys! I REALLY hope he'll come here and make Hollins beg him to start. I can almost feel the buzz and excitement of this college basketball town IF we could get him. Heisley will pretty much do whatever the Hell he wants, and I hope he REMEMBERS how AI draws the crowds in.
I just hope AI isn't feeking totally dissed by the offer.

SwaggaIke
07-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Memphis needs to step up and make this deal happen.

NYtilIdie
07-08-2009, 11:01 PM
I guess starting is more important then winning a championship in his eyes.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Have some heart for us poor Grizz fans, guys! I REALLY hope he'll come here and make Hollins beg him to start. I can almost feel the buzz and excitement of this college basketball town IF we could get him. Heisley will pretty much do whatever the Hell he wants, and I hope he REMEMBERS how AI draws the crowds in.
I just hope AI isn't feeking totally dissed by the offer.

for as long as u have that dumbass gm wallace, the grizz arent going anywhere. who knows? u might trade Rudy Gay to the lakers for adam morrison and rick fox? dont count it out if gm chris wallace is behind it.

dee279
so its basically:

1. Make more money, come off the bench, and play in the city of Memphis with young studs.

or

2. Make anything up to the MLE, start, and play in the city of Miami with D-Wade.

Looks better to me.

ElMarroAfamado
wow....
im not amazed that hes going to the grizzlies....
its amazing how hes gone from making 20 million a year
to....5....
isnt that Luke Walton money?
hahah

kblo247
07-08-2009, 11:04 PM
There isn't an I in team, but there is an I in Iverson

pd7631
07-08-2009, 11:05 PM
AI opens up. Allen Iverson, seeking a contract for the first time in his career, sat for an interview recently with his hometown paper, the Daily Press of Newport News, Va.

He told David Teel that he thinks he can play until he's 40 and that he only cares about being happy.

"Obviously, I want a championship," the 34-year-old Iverson said, "but I don't care about statistics anymore like I did when I was younger.

"I don't care about All-Star Games. I don't care about scoring titles, MVPs, none of that. I just want to play basketball, be effective and be happy. Be a great teammate.

"I don't even care about being dominant on the court like I used to be. I don't have any more individual goals. I've done basically everything you can do in a basketball game."

AI also said that he'd be happy to pay for the $2 million mid-level exemption and that money is not a factor.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/breaking/sports_breaking/20090708_Morning_Report__Time_for_Phils_to_take_a_ Halladay.html

marlinsfan24
07-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I still think he comes to Miami. He wants to win, and Wade gives him a good chance.

pd7631
07-08-2009, 11:09 PM
hate to say this, but WhAT A LOSER.

he is so self centered and ignorant. hurts to say it, but its true.

Imagine AI off the bench of the 5 contenders. now hes going to memphis to lose about 40-50 games this year. awesome decision.

You are quite simply a DH.....diabolical hater.

You and all the other haters can go ahead and base your entire opinion of AI off of one season, because you're gonna come down with foot in mouth disease when AI gets back up after being knocked down, the same way he's done his whole life.

pd7631
07-08-2009, 11:10 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, AI is always welcome back in Philadelphia. You have to earn your place with the fans in this city and he did that and more.

kblo247
07-08-2009, 11:11 PM
If Iverson wanted to win so badly he would go to Boston, LA, SA, Orlando, Denver, or Cleveland

mzgrizz
07-08-2009, 11:12 PM
for as long as u have that dumbass gm wallace, the grizz arent going anywhere. who knows? u might trade Rudy Gay to the lakers for adam morrison and rick fox? dont count it out if gm chris wallace is behind it.

That's cold, man. the fans are NOT the front office.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-08-2009, 11:13 PM
You are quite simply a DH.....diabolical hater.

You and all the other haters can go ahead and base your entire opinion of AI off of one season, because you're gonna come down with foot in mouth disease when AI gets back up after being knocked down, the same way he's done his whole life.

man, i love AI's killer crossovers and created shots but guess what? He is getting older and he has taken a beating to that little body in the NBA.

Its time for him to come off the bench and bring his explosiveness into the conference finals, but no. he wants stats. maybe he should buy lebron's shirt.

so im skip bayless minus the girls high pitched voice and obcession with golf and tennis.

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2009, 11:16 PM
everyone in the sixers forum wants him back in philly for one last run but it aint gonna happen.

id do it in a heartbeat though!

BTownTeamsRKing
07-08-2009, 11:16 PM
That's cold, man. the fans are NOT the front office.

i didnt take a shot at u. only your gm who is awesome at running organizations into the ground.

im tellen u.

Rudy Gay for Adam Morrison, 1st round pick, and Rick Fox.

to him, it might be considered if he is dumb enough to trade for aaron mckie and kwamayyy brown.

AI is fun to watch and its better than nothing so u should enjoy him, but im tellen u the day u get rid of that GM, your team will benefit more than u can believe. just wait man, this guy isnt patient, he will trade Conley and Gay for nothing at some point.

u know his history in Boston, right?

pd7631
07-08-2009, 11:17 PM
If Iverson wanted to win so badly he would go to Boston, LA, SA, Orlando, Denver, or Cleveland

That's all fine and good, but right now those teams probably don't want AI after what happened this year. So basically he doesn't have many options, which means Memphis or Miami. Memphis gives him a chance to show that he can be a mentor to the young guys, and still be a big part of their team. That's why it would only be a 1 year deal!! It's not like he'd be signing a 3-4 year deal with Memphis. He's got to build his perception up again, so he'll be in Memphis for a year and then the next season the market will open back up for him.

I'm sure if he was wanted on one of the teams in contention next season he would go there. But everything I've heard and read has said that virtually no teams have any interest in him.

So once again, the idea of him going to Memphis is a result of this past season and his options are slim to none....which is why he has to go to the Grizz.

NYtilIdie
07-08-2009, 11:17 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, AI is always welcome back in Philadelphia. You have to earn your place with the fans in this city and he did that and more.

I would love to see Iverson retire in a Sixers jersey even though it got ugly when he left philly fans still give him a warm welcome. Sixers are in need of a PG, but they won't sign him.

ko8e24
07-08-2009, 11:20 PM
There isn't an I in team, but there is an I in Iverson

In the words of the great Skip Bayless: Me, Myself and Iverson!

mzgrizz
07-08-2009, 11:21 PM
If I've said it once , I've said it a million times.......AI would be warmly welcomed here....the fans already love him.......I believe he fits better here than anywhere, and he NEEDS to start for the team, not just for him., but for us to succeed. He has a chance to help make this team respectable again......maybe even way better than that. He can change the way Memphis looks at the Grizzlies....again.
HEISLEY.............ARE YOU LISTENNING????????????????

Jonathan2323
07-08-2009, 11:25 PM
come down to the MIA!

jrodmesche
07-08-2009, 11:25 PM
**** that AI iz coming to Miami

JLynn943
07-08-2009, 11:26 PM
I guess starting is more important then winning a championship in his eyes.

He wants to win a championship. He's just very competitive, so when his team is losing and he's sitting on the bench, he gets frustrated. He's probably going to want to start if the team is playing poorly. And he should start then. There's no reason he shouldn't be playing if the team isn't playing well. He can carry the team if need be.

mzgrizz
07-08-2009, 11:26 PM
i didnt take a shot at u. only your gm who is awesome at running organizations into the ground.

im tellen u.

Rudy Gay for Adam Morrison, 1st round pick, and Rick Fox.

to him, it might be considered if he is dumb enough to trade for aaron mckie and kwamayyy brown.

AI is fun to watch and its better than nothing so u should enjoy him, but im tellen u the day u get rid of that GM, your team will benefit more than u can believe. just wait man, this guy isnt patient, he will trade Conley and Gay for nothing at some point.

u know his history in Boston, right?

Ok, no harm done.......I just get defensive about this adopted city of mine.......and the fantastic opportunity we were given when the Grizzlies came here 8 years ago. It is such a thrill to get to watch the best athletes in the world come here to play.....and I want the Grizz to start winning again! I like Mike Conley, but Good Lord, he is no Allen Iverson. How can they be so stupid not to jump at it???

J_M_B
07-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Why go to Memphis when you can go to Miami to play with Dwyane Wade?
Go to Miami Allen Iverson

BTownTeamsRKing
07-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Ok, no harm done.......I just get defensive about this adopted city of mine.......and the fantastic opportunity we were given when the Grizzlies came here 8 years ago. It is such a thrill to get to watch the best athletes in the world come here to play.....and I want the Grizz to start winning again! I like Mike Conley, but Good Lord, he is no Allen Iverson. How can they be so stupid not to jump at it???

wow. this is a true fan of the game.

props to u :clap:

BTownTeamsRKing
07-08-2009, 11:43 PM
That's all fine and good, but right now those teams probably don't want AI after what happened this year. So basically he doesn't have many options, which means Memphis or Miami. Memphis gives him a chance to show that he can be a mentor to the young guys, and still be a big part of their team. That's why it would only be a 1 year deal!! It's not like he'd be signing a 3-4 year deal with Memphis. He's got to build his perception up again, so he'll be in Memphis for a year and then the next season the market will open back up for him.

I'm sure if he was wanted on one of the teams in contention next season he would go there. But everything I've heard and read has said that virtually no teams have any interest in him.

So once again, the idea of him going to Memphis is a result of this past season and his options are slim to none....which is why he has to go to the Grizz.

any of the 5 contenders would offer AI the MLE in a second if he wanted to come off the bench.

mzgrizz
07-08-2009, 11:44 PM
wow. this is a true fan of the game.

props to u :clap:

Thanks BTown........I LOVE this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!

WadeCounty
07-08-2009, 11:45 PM
besides the fact you can play with wade.. either the city ofmemphis or... the city of miami... -.-, r u kidding me -.-

Suns113
07-08-2009, 11:46 PM
hopefully he can prove everybody wrong and show us he still has some left in the tank

mzgrizz
07-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Maybe AI's more Beale than beach; River than ocean;oak trees than palmettos; rich delta land than sand........I think you get my drift. I mean, it's obviously not about WHERE he wants to live at this point, it must be WHAT he can accomplish wherever he goes. He can be DWade's bud, or he can EASILY prove himself,make the Grizzlies his team and restore basketball here. I wonder which is the bigger challenge to him?

KaganRS
07-08-2009, 11:59 PM
this guy still wants to be the star of the team .... and Memphis would be even worse for him than Miami ........... Iverson is not very smart.

blah-blah
07-09-2009, 12:00 AM
wow memphis looking to contend?

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Damn i was kinda starting to like the idea of A.I. coming to miami because of the fact that we can sign him to a one year deal and can give wade help. Hopefully we can lure him over to miami

ivylleague1'
07-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Iverson has not chosen a team!!!!!!!!! The report is inaccurate, he will not come off the bench.

BkOriginalOne
07-09-2009, 12:10 AM
I think it's completely wrong to say that AI's career went downhill or is over. If I'm not mistaken, he has only one poor year in his 13yr career. Until we see consistent seasons of mediocrodity, we can't say anything about Iverson.
As for this Memphis business; I believe he plans to play 1yr there and prove that he is still has elite level talent.
Not bad for both sides; Grizzlies get money in the bank and a decent look at a playoff birth (if they get a better coach and gel in the offseason). AI proves that he can still play and can cash out with a new team in 2010, to play for a contender at his percieved value. S&T will even be possibly next summer.

broncofangene
07-09-2009, 12:12 AM
as long as the bum dosen't came back to Denver I could care less.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-09-2009, 12:18 AM
as long as the bum dosen't came back to Denver I could care less.

lol

IversonIsKrazy
07-09-2009, 12:22 AM
i remember this time last year, i was so excited to c where AI would go. If i had gone thru Coma last year, and woke up 2day, and saw that AI got traded to the Pistons, ended up 8th seed, avged 17ppg, and now is considering to come off the bench for the Grizzlies, i would be like WWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

WTF IS WRONG WITH AI. C'MON MAN, THE FUUCCCKKKINGGG GRIZZLIES. FOr $5m, and hes willing to come off the bench, he can go to a contending team for the MLE as a 6th man. Man plz plz Pat Riley, plz sign this guy.

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2009, 12:23 AM
ill leave it at this.

if i didn't live in Philly I'd think Allen Iverson is a selfish, egotistical thug who cares only about himself. Just like all of you. Just how the media portrays him as.

But I lived in Philly and I WENT to the games and I WENT to his charity events and I WENT the Sixers practices and I WATCHED the postgame interviews and I SAW the ups and downs and I WITNESSED a boy grow into a man over a decade here in Philly.

There's a reason everyone here in Philly wants A.I back. Ever curious about that? If he was a nuisance and a teamwrecker we wouldn't want him back. We are notorious for booing the players we don't like out of town RIGHT AWAY. But we saw that little guy pour his heart onto the court day in and day out and I've never seen a player give his all more than A.I did when he wore a Sixers jersey. He is a true warrior and all he cared about was winning.

He wants to play and can't go to the bench because he just wants to help a team win by being the man. Some call that selfish, but that's just Iverson's nature. He knows he can still be a star and hell he averaed 27 ppg just a year and a half ago so who says he can't do otherwise?

So whether he lands in Memphis or Miami you guys will be getting a great player who has changed over the course of his career into a very respectable guy. He will be great for the fans and even better for the community if you just give him a chance.

Watch this video if you don't understand how much he means to the city of Philly....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNcY-xn65rU

All the ignorant fans on this board just aren't worth arguing anymore because they will never understand the real Iverson. And to be honest, I don't blame you. The media has made you hate him for what he is just like the media has made many of you worship Lebron like he's the 2nd coming of christ.

That's all i gotta say.

No one can tell me otherwise because I saw what I saw. And ask any other Sixer fan if you don't believe me.

gswlal
07-09-2009, 12:46 AM
If AI Goes to memphis:

1.Lakers
2.Memphis
3.Warriors
lol jk

Memphis would contend for the 8th seed!

k08E24MVP
07-09-2009, 12:52 AM
If AI to Mem, TOO MANY SCORERS ON THE TEAM, OJ MAYO, RUDY GAY, ZACH RANDOLPH, & now AI? How is errybody gonna get their usual amount of shots?

lou seone
07-09-2009, 01:04 AM
the heat will have to spend 8 to 10 million with the luxury tax hit if it signs iverson.what is a.i. going to do help win 4 or 5 more games at best. let's face it this year (is the celtics spurs and the lakers )90% of winning the champion ship with cavaliers,magic,denver taking the other 10% the rest of the teams are just pretenders,so the fans have little hope.mavericks and raptors have less than 2% wait until the trade deadline at least if you can get bosh in a favorable trade do it,if not lebron looks like he is going to be on an old disappointing team with no cap space to add good young players.

lou seone
07-09-2009, 01:06 AM
a.i. is not the answer.
so its basically:
the heat will have to spend 8 to 10 million with the luxury tax hit if it signs iverson.what is a.i. going to do help win 4 or 5 more games at best. let's face it this year (is the celtics spurs and the lakers )90% of winning the champion ship with cavaliers,magic,denver taking the other 10% the rest of the teams are just pretenders,so the fans have little hope.mavericks and raptors have less than 2% wait until the trade deadline at least if you can get bosh in a favorable trade do it,if not lebron looks like he is going to be on an old disappointing team with no cap space to add good young players.

or

kblo247
07-09-2009, 01:08 AM
If AI to Mem, TOO MANY SCORERS ON THE TEAM, OJ MAYO, RUDY GAY, ZACH RANDOLPH, & now AI? How is errybody gonna get their usual amount of shots?

Simple

First trip - Iverson iso
Second trip - Zach iso
Third trip - Rudy three point attempt
Fourth trip - Mayo jumper
Fifth trip - throw it to Gasol

Repeat the process and invert it.

pd7631
07-09-2009, 01:34 AM
ill leave it at this.

if i didn't live in Philly I'd think Allen Iverson is a selfish, egotistical thug who cares only about himself. Just like all of you. Just how the media portrays him as.

But I lived in Philly and I WENT to the games and I WENT to his charity events and I WENT the Sixers practices and I WATCHED the postgame interviews and I SAW the ups and downs and I WITNESSED a boy grow into a man over a decade here in Philly.

There's a reason everyone here in Philly wants A.I back. Ever curious about that? If he was a nuisance and a teamwrecker we wouldn't want him back. We are notorious for booing the players we don't like out of town RIGHT AWAY. But we saw that little guy pour his heart onto the court day in and day out and I've never seen a player give his all more than A.I did when he wore a Sixers jersey. He is a true warrior and all he cared about was winning.

He wants to play and can't go to the bench because he just wants to help a team win by being the man. Some call that selfish, but that's just Iverson's nature. He knows he can still be a star and hell he averaed 27 ppg just a year and a half ago so who says he can't do otherwise?

So whether he lands in Memphis or Miami you guys will be getting a great player who has changed over the course of his career into a very respectable guy. He will be great for the fans and even better for the community if you just give him a chance.

Watch this video if you don't understand how much he means to the city of Philly....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNcY-xn65rU

All the ignorant fans on this board just aren't worth arguing anymore because they will never understand the real Iverson. And to be honest, I don't blame you. The media has made you hate him for what he is just like the media has made many of you worship Lebron like he's the 2nd coming of christ.

That's all i gotta say.

No one can tell me otherwise because I saw what I saw. And ask any other Sixer fan if you don't believe me.

As usual, I'm right with you Beatz. I can relate to everything you said(except for going to his charity events). Only the fans that got to know the man over an extended period of time really know where he comes from, and how he feels about the game, and the blood, sweat, and tears he poured into each and every game for us year after year.

Every single season AI talked about winning a championship. No matter how bad the players were around him, he would say that he truly felt that they could win a championship.

He's an emotional guy, sometimes the things he says or does may be a bit irrational, but that's what you get when you have a guy that wears his emotions on his sleeve the way AI does.

To anyone that says that he's selfish or does not care about winning, really knows nothing about the man. And like Beatz said, you haters just feed into the media potrayal of the guy and haven't truly taken the time to figure this guy out.

Much like Michael Jackson(AI's favorite musician btw), Allen is a very complicated person. The things he says or does may seem wrong or are not easily understood. But the people that really know about this person, appreciate the man he really is.

Maybe the fact that Philly fans, and Larry Brown speak so highly of him should tell you something. These are the people that really know him. Not ESPN guys, or fans that see him play a few times a year, or aren't even old enough to have seen him at the height of his career.

Er1c
07-09-2009, 01:46 AM
don't think it will work..4 players need the ball to score..hmm

SwaggaIke
07-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Lets get it Memphis...1 year 5 million, dare to be great!

MiamiHeat
07-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Lets get it Memphis...1 year 5 million, dare to be great!

lol
somebody doesn't want AI in Miami

JIDsanity
07-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't like him in Memphis. I think Steve Nash would be great for them. He would be the vet that can teach them how to win, he is marketable, he will allow other players to shine, and he could teach Mike Conley a thing or 2

bigvdebo86
07-09-2009, 01:23 PM
man ai better not take this deal to come off the bench for these scrubs go to miami ai

bigvdebo86
07-09-2009, 01:26 PM
As usual, I'm right with you Beatz. I can relate to everything you said(except for going to his charity events). Only the fans that got to know the man over an extended period of time really know where he comes from, and how he feels about the game, and the blood, sweat, and tears he poured into each and every game for us year after year.

Every single season AI talked about winning a championship. No matter how bad the players were around him, he would say that he truly felt that they could win a championship.

He's an emotional guy, sometimes the things he says or does may be a bit irrational, but that's what you get when you have a guy that wears his emotions on his sleeve the way AI does.

To anyone that says that he's selfish or does not care about winning, really knows nothing about the man. And like Beatz said, you haters just feed into the media potrayal of the guy and haven't truly taken the time to figure this guy out.

Much like Michael Jackson(AI's favorite musician btw), Allen is a very complicated person. The things he says or does may seem wrong or are not easily understood. But the people that really know about this person, appreciate the man he really is.

Maybe the fact that Philly fans, and Larry Brown speak so highly of him should tell you something. These are the people that really know him. Not ESPN guys, or fans that see him play a few times a year, or aren't even old enough to have seen him at the height of his career.

dont woory about the ai hater we who is the best thats why i dont waste my time with them let em keep hating half these dudes on here probaly wearing cornrows lol

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Well.... I was a beleiver that AI was goin to Memphis till i read the 3rd to the last paragraph.

Jerry Stackhouse and AI have had bad blood since AI was a rookie. Therefore, Memphis better make up they're mind and decide wether they want the Bubba-Chuck or dooky Stackhouse.

AI is goin to Chi-City. GAR-OWN-TEED.

what54!?
07-09-2009, 01:36 PM
talent with zero chemistry = failure. Memphis won't go anywhere

IBleedPurple
07-09-2009, 01:45 PM
AI is the Answer, but not if you wanna win in the playoffs

cowboyz180
07-09-2009, 01:50 PM
I dont think this will help memphis... It will just keep the younger players from having playing time.

Sportfan
07-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Memphis should throw that cash to Andre Miller

LA_Raiders
07-09-2009, 01:53 PM
**** if he wants to win, come to the Lakers for the Vets Min...

He can Back Kobe....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-09-2009, 02:02 PM
If AI Goes to memphis:

1.Lakers
2.Memphis
3.Warriors
lol jk

Memphis would contend for the 8th seed!

Gswlal, Ur sig is ridiculous.

has anybody noticed it's always KOBE fans, comparing the 2, and never Jordan fans trying to justify that MJ is better.

Cuz they all know MJ is the best. :D

NYtilIdie
07-09-2009, 02:03 PM
I watched some vids of A.I. on utube and I ran into one called "Allen Iverson definition of a warrior" and it left me speechless. He did something Dr.J couldn't do he captured the heart of a city in Philly. In it had a split screen interview with Larry Brown and Iverson and Larry said "He loves to play, he gives everything he can to possibly win sometimes he can be misguided, but he competes every single night and he will never let his teammates down in terms of effort in trying to win and I love him for that" at that point A.I starts to cry and that made me realise everything Larry Brown said was true and him saying that made me understand Iverson more.

Iverson hates to lose cause he feels like if they lose he let his teammates down and the fans down and coming off the bench makes him like he couldn't give it his all which made them lose then he feels like he let his teammates down and the fans down. For real I have a whole lot more respect for Iverson now that I understand him more.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-09-2009, 02:03 PM
AI needs to go to Boston to win that 'Chip.

pd7631
07-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I watched some vids of A.I. on utube and I ran into one called "Allen Iverson definition of a warrior" and it left me speechless. He did something Dr.J couldn't do he captured the heart of a city in Philly. In it had a split screen interview with Larry Brown and Iverson and Larry said "He loves to play, he gives everything he can to possibly win sometimes he can be misguided, but he competes every single night and he will never let his teammates down in terms of effort in trying to win and I love him for that" at that point A.I starts to cry and that made me realise everything Larry Brown said was true and him saying that made me understand Iverson more.

Iverson hates to lose cause he feels like if they lose he let his teammates down and the fans down and coming off the bench makes him like he couldn't give it his all which made them lose then he feels like he let his teammates down and the fans down. For real I have a whole lot more respect for Iverson now that I understand him more.

:clap:

Thank you for taking the time to see what we Sixers fans got to see for 10+ years.

here's the video that you mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34O33rwPads

Nighthawk
07-09-2009, 02:43 PM
AI needs to go to Boston to win that 'Chip.

A.I needs to stay away from the Bean. If he would take a backup up role for the league minimum then sure why not. But other than that thanks but no thanks

However, A.I to Memphis is intriguing.

A.I/Conley
Mayo/
Gay/Sam Young
Randolph/Arthur/Carroll
Gasol/Thabeet

That team could score points, i have no doubts about it. Defense would be the problem. A.I should do it

mzgrizz
07-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Well.... I was a beleiver that AI was goin to Memphis till i read the 3rd to the last paragraph.

Jerry Stackhouse and AI have had bad blood since AI was a rookie. Therefore, Memphis better make up they're mind and decide wether they want the Bubba-Chuck or dooky Stackhouse.

AI is goin to Chi-City. GAR-OWN-TEED.

Stackhouse is a contract buyout on Aug 10........he won't ever play in Memphis.
Grizz are just facilitators for Dallas in this one.

WVGrizz
07-09-2009, 10:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqqE3xBpxOs

New Grizz

mzgrizz
07-09-2009, 10:18 PM
:clap:

Thank you for taking the time to see what we Sixers fans got to see for 10+ years.

here's the video that you mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34O33rwPads

Man, I didn't want to watch the clips.......I was afraid I'll be too freaked out if he doesn't come here.......I watched anyways, and REALLY REALLY want AI to come to Memphis. Thanks .

IversonIsKrazy
07-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Heres an updated article from David Aldrige.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/08/iverson.grizzlies/index.html

It shows that Memphis is close to OFFER a contract. Iverson close to Memphis doesn't mean that Iverson is close to signing w/ them, it means that Memphis is close to MAKE AN OFFER STILL. I hope hope hope, AI just flatly rejects it.

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Allen Iverson requested his agent to contact 76ers Owner Ed Snider to see if he could rejoin the team but Snider denied his request saying that he's not in their interest right now. check the sixers forum for more details...

but i think i just died a little inside.

kblo247
07-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Allen Iverson requested his agent to contact 76ers Owner Ed Snider to see if he could rejoin the team but Snider denied his request saying that he's not in their interest right now. check the sixers forum for more details...

Can you blame him for saying no to AI?

He caused problems while there and they tried time and time again to accommodate his style by constantly changing what was around him.

The fact is that they are young and he isn't the type of player you want your young guys looking up to.

Mets4Life101
07-09-2009, 10:59 PM
iverson is a beast, i wish him the best and hope he can shut all the haters up

mzgrizz
07-09-2009, 11:41 PM

Sorry, SeoulBeatz......I was hoping ya'll get him back if we didn't get him.

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Can you blame him for saying no to AI?

He caused problems while there and they tried time and time again to accommodate his style by constantly changing what was around him.

The fact is that they are young and he isn't the type of player you want your young guys looking up to.

would i want him back if he really caused problems here?

see thats the difference between a sixers fan and everyother fan.

We are the only ones who get and appreciate A.I because we saw what he did on the court for us year in and year out.

If a player came in and we didn't like em, they could get the **** out of town.

but not A.I, he is literally a hero in philly and there's reason for that.

if he was such a little ******* like the media makes him out to be would the fans of philly want him back? no.

but we do want him back. there's a reason for that, think about it.

mzgrizz
07-09-2009, 11:51 PM
BTW there was NOTHING on our 10pm news.......zip......nada....
guess we'll have to wait and see what transpires tomorrow.......after all, tomorrow is another day!

SeoulBeatz
07-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Sorry, SeoulBeatz......I was hoping ya'll get him back if we didn't get him.

ha its all good, the fans in philly are rallying for him to come back but the front office wont listen.

****in idiots. we arent competing this year. we were near DEAD LAST in attendance last year.

If a.i came back, the fans would come back and that means more than people think.

its plain to see .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=10085722zNcY-xn65rU

i was at that game and i never heard the arena any louder than it was that night.

pd7631
07-10-2009, 12:42 AM

I've never liked Ed Snider. He seriously needs to sell the Sixers and just focus on the Flyers, because we all know he's the ultimate hockey guy and he doesn't know **** about basketball.

Snider does not reflect the fans of Philadelphia whatsoever. It was Snider's decision not to show an AI tribute video his first game back in Philly 2 years ago......despite the fact that AI got a rousing standing ovation. He was the only person in the building that night to dislike AI.

I don't want to wish death upon anybody, but if I did it to anybody, it would be Ed Snider.