PDA

View Full Version : Have the recent events changed your opinion of Lebron?

bogdanrom
07-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Since the last second of the Magic series Lebron has acted like a total douche.
1. He acted like a sore loser. He didn't shake anyone's hand or even congratulated them.
2. He didn't answer the media's questions.
3. The Lebron=MVP shirt.
4. The check my stats shirt.
5. The confiscating of the tapes where he gets dunked on by Jordan Crawford.

Personally my opinion of him has completely changed. He used to be one of favorite players, but now he has become one of the most hated.

So what is your opinion?

EDIT: Please just refrain to just saying if your opinion of him has changed. No Kobe is better, Lebron is King, MJ is the best.

madiaz3
07-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I was neutral on him, but I'm pretty annoyed by his actions, which is why I'm not begging for him to join the Knicks though he'd probably have time to fully mature emotionally and I might grow to love him. Right now? He just annoys me.

marlinsfan24
07-08-2009, 08:57 PM
I've never liked him, and grown even more annoyed. You didn't include how he tried to get Ariza out of Houston and to join him

Vinny642
07-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I never liked him either, I hate him right there with kobe and KG

Er1c
07-08-2009, 09:01 PM
hated him. now i hate him even more

static_inferno
07-08-2009, 09:01 PM
i was actually a fan of his. i even have a shirt that says "King Cleveland" on it, but i doubt i'll wear that shirt ever again. i have lost all respect for the guy after all the events you have stated. i honestly hope he never gets a ring, and i doubt he does. his ego has grown beyond proportion, and you can blame the media for that since they dubbed him the king before he even did anything.

juggla53
07-08-2009, 09:07 PM
i was a big fan for a while and always laughed whenever skip bayless questioned his ego but now i agree to a point, the way he had the nike rep confiscate all the tapes of him getting dunked on is absolutley laughable and pretty pathetic. Devin harris got schooled by some random kid in one on one and just laughed it off why couldnt lebron do the same? Im really not a big fan anymore and am so sick of hearing about where he's going to go in 2010 im much more interested in kobe's run for a 5th title, the revamping of the spurs, how the celtics will rebound with KG back in the fold, and Yao's playing future then i am of whether lebron will leave NEXT YEAR.

ARMIN12NBA
07-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Nope. I always knew he was like this.

_KB24_
07-08-2009, 09:11 PM
He is a total dick.

jim51990
07-08-2009, 09:12 PM
always liked him always will
and none of these things bother me or surprise me at all

MiamiHeat
07-08-2009, 09:16 PM
no my opinion of him hasn't change still the same:
overhyped and a douchebag

GearsInDallas
07-08-2009, 09:17 PM
At the start of the season i was a huge lebron fan and hated Kobe, but now i'm a huge Kobe fan and i dislike Lebron. Kobe is more professional and once Lebron can learn that and grow up a bit, I think I'll like him again. I have to say I always hoped that Lebron would get a ring and i was the same way for KG and Pau and now both those guys have their rings and Kobe has his 4th chocolate chip cookie, I would still like to see Lebron get his Ring and I hope he has a good career. I still wish he would grow up though. Same with Shaq.

tr4shb0t
07-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I think it is just how he is. He usually seems fun and likable, but there are a ton of things that have just continued to pile up like this. He is just immature and expects things to come easy and for everyone to submit to his will.

No thanks.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Lebron is garbage and always will be garbage no matter wat.. All he can do is dunk.. But my opinion of him is the same he is a punk..

D-Amazins
07-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Nopeee. I could care less what he doe off the field, alot not all but alot of you guys are b*tches about the small things (like the T-Shirts) Idc for not answering the media questions, but the only thing I didnt like was da not shaking hands after the Magic beat them and the pulling video from him getting dunked.

He's still a BEAST and top 3 in the NBA so who cares.. Why must you guys try to drag down every player at any oppertunity. Were ALL HUMAN.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Since the last second of the Magic series Lebron has acted like a total douche.
1. He acted like a sore loser. He didn't shake anyone's hand or even congratulated them.
2. He didn't answer the media's questions.
3. The Lebron=MVP shirt.
4. The check my stats shirt.
5. The confiscating of the tapes where he gets dunked on by Jordan Crawford.

Personally my opinion of him has completely changed. He used to be one of favorite players, but now he has become one of the most hated.

So what is your opinion?

EDIT: Please just refrain to just saying if your opinion of him has changed. No Kobe is better, Lebron is King, MJ is the best.

1. He should have shaken their hands but he made a mistake. He's a 23 year old athlete who was pretty muched forced to face the media at a young age so he probably doesn't know how to handle the media as much as players who didn't have to face the media until they are at an older age. BTW, he did congratulate Howard after.
2. I do not know of the situation so I'm not going to judge.
3. He was the MVP. If anyone else wore that shirt who was the MVP, I wouldn't mind. Nash, Dirk and Kobe could have done that and I wouldn't really care cuz it is true.
4. He's promoting himself. He did average the best in the league. If you acheived something great, you'd more than likely promote it.
5. I haven't seen solid evidence that it was Lebron who wanted the videos gone and not Nike so I'm not going to say anything.

I think the only reason people are talking so much is because we are in an era where the media is following star players every second of their life and there is technology that makes it harder for stars to keep a private life. He wore 2 shirts out in public. It's not like he posted it on the internet so the whole world can see. He wore it so people around him can see but it was the media that showed the world. Jordan probably has worn something like that but it wasn't shown to the world because there wasn't as much media coverage before. If players like Jordan or Russell made 1 doubtful move in this era, the media would be all over them.

badinger7
07-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Nopeee. I could care less what he doe off the field, alot not all but alot of you guys are b*tches about the small things (like the T-Shirts) Idc for not answering the media questions, but the only thing I didnt like was da not shaking hands after the Magic beat them and the pulling video from him getting dunked.

He's still a BEAST and top 3 in the NBA so who cares.. Why must you guys try to drag down every player at any oppertunity. Were ALL HUMAN.

-- were not questioning his talent; i really don't think you can. His actions just don't say a whole lot about him.

Callenx5
07-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Why are u guys so critical of Lebron, i mean da not shaking hands thing was completely overblown, dats why da magic lost dwight howard 2 worry about shaking hands with lebron(oh yeah he soft 2). Lebron got dunked on in an event he was hosting he was giving those kids publicity. and it happens. I mean u guys are worst than the bloggers on the Cleveland Plain Dealer always on the negatives. I mean its not like he's running people over and gettin 30 days(stallworthand j.r smith). I KNOW JUST ANY REASON TO HATE THE KING:cool:

SpeeMN
07-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Didn't like him. And because of how he has been on and off the court during the playoffs, i hate him now. He's a dirty player, he just uses his strength to bully through his defense and never gets called for it. And he thinks he's the best player and person ever to live. Sick of him I AM.

still1ballin
07-08-2009, 09:42 PM
hated him. Now i hate him even more

+1

juggla53
07-08-2009, 09:46 PM
I still think hes as good as advertised on the court and IMO isnt overhyped in terms of his playing ability because hes a freak of nature and i really dont care to much about the T-shirt thing but the getting dunked on thing and then haveing the tapes destroyed is just such a joke of a move

GREATNESS ONE
07-08-2009, 09:50 PM
I was neutral on him, but I'm pretty annoyed by his actions, which is why the I'm not begging for him to join Knicks though he'd probably have time to fully mature emotionally and I might grow to love him. Right now? He just annoys me.

Ok lets not go overboard. If I was a Knick fan I would love to see Lebron in Blue and Red.

Lebron has alot of responsibility he needs to man up 2. The league already made him there poster boy. I hope he turns it around and stop all the nonsense.

bigvdebo86
07-08-2009, 09:57 PM
hated him. now i hate him even more

stop hating

1-800-STFU
07-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Seems like a immature ********, but whatever works not my life.

Could care less about personal life/attitude. None of my business.

prodigy
07-08-2009, 09:58 PM
28-7-7. I could careless how he acts. has he hurt anyone? nope!!

DodgerLove
07-08-2009, 10:01 PM
He's a douche tool.

ShakeN'Bake
07-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Nope never cared about him one bit and still don't. He a great player but I just don't care about him or anything he does.

Kabowdos
07-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I have been saying it for awhile now. LeBron is immature and so is his team. The whole celebrations before the game... they should have focused on the game plan more rather than the pre-game entertainment scene.

He is a poor sport and has trouble dealing with the media.

It is okay though, many stars go through this. No one is perfect. He is not that smart, he came from high school into the NBA. He missed an important part of his life. I don't blame him totally.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-08-2009, 10:03 PM
WOW i didn't think so many people hated LeBron so damn much. Holy crap lol.

I like him, but he's not like my favorite player or anything. Him acting like a sore loser in the playoff loss isn't that much of a big deal, he expected to win in at all and he lost....that must hurt.

But not answering any questions from the media is BS because he's always there when he dominates and his team wins so he also needs to be there when they loses.

Kabowdos
07-08-2009, 10:05 PM
1. He should have shaken their hands but he made a mistake. He's a 23 year old athlete who was pretty muched forced to face the media at a young age so he probably doesn't know how to handle the media as much as players who didn't have to face the media until they are at an older age. BTW, he did congratulate Howard after.
2. I do not know of the situation so I'm not going to judge.
3. He was the MVP. If anyone else wore that shirt who was the MVP, I wouldn't mind. Nash, Dirk and Kobe could have done that and I wouldn't really care cuz it is true.
4. He's promoting himself. He did average the best in the league. If you acheived something great, you'd more than likely promote it.
5. I haven't seen solid evidence that it was Lebron who wanted the videos gone and not Nike so I'm not going to say anything.

I think the only reason people are talking so much is because we are in an era where the media is following star players every second of their life and there is technology that makes it harder for stars to keep a private life. He wore 2 shirts out in public. It's not like he posted it on the internet so the whole world can see. He wore it so people around him can see but it was the media that showed the world. Jordan probably has worn something like that but it wasn't shown to the world because there wasn't as much media coverage before. If players like Jordan or Russell made 1 doubtful move in this era, the media would be all over them.

You should asked LeBron out man he would love you!!!

Or maybe you should just open up your eyes.

Tommyh1331
07-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Lets just put it this way I am glad i live in orlando and not Cleveland, those poor fans are going to get hurt next year when its so obvious he is going to New York, he is a poor sport and prima donna!:mad:

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh yea, and why the hell does anyone care if he wants to show him getting dunked on or not, it's his decision as well as nike's.

But they should of just let it be and let people see it and then Lebron can just laugh about it later and play it off. That way people wouldn't talk about it nearly as much, but whatever he doesn't want people to see it...can't blame him.

soundjunkies2
07-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I thought he was a humble guy but the recent events make him look like a douche bag and very immature.

Bucks24226
07-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I was in a love hate relationship with him before now it's love/hate

Catfish1314
07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
You forgot to add how Barkley took a shot at him and he responded with: "He's stupid." And was about impressively intelligent as "I know you are but what am I?"

He's a great player, an amazing athlete, and a good teammate. But he's also egotistical and not humble at all (but I can't say I blame him when you consider his talent) and I think he really is kind of stupid. He didn't go to college and the education portion of high school was probably a blur to him with all the hype he had.

FaceDown91
07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
do we really need another "lebron is a total douche" thread? Seriously it's crazy. Do i think Lebron is a douche? why does it matter? Maybe i do but these kind of threads lead to no where but trouble. It's only gonna reveal the haters and lovers and dick suckers for a certain player and it will turn into a nasty flame war.

I'm not a mod but i think a thread like this should just be locked immediately.

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
07-08-2009, 10:17 PM

Im not

mrblisterdundee
07-08-2009, 10:20 PM
He is too into himself. He wants to be the first billionaire athlete.

ink
07-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Please stop the hate threads.