PDA

View Full Version : 2009/2010 Season Predictions

WestCoastSportz
07-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Rookie of the Year : James Harden : Oklahoma City Thunder

Harden should be thrown right into the fire in OKC. He's probably one of the more polished players and should produce well wedged in between Durant and Westbrook. Harden will be the main facilitator for the Thunder. His predicted numbers: 16 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 1.5 steals

Breakout Player : Darko Milicic : New York Knicks

Darko finally lands in a system that will let him shine. Detroit was too slow of an offense and he never really got a chance in Memphis. There is no other options in NY besides Al Harrington. They have a bunch of role and bench players and Darko can contribute in a big way, especially since they lack size. Predicted Numbers: 18 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks.

Surprise Team : Los Angeles Clippers

Dare I say it, but the Clips have some nice pieces in place if Baron Davis and Kaman both remain healthy for a majority of the season. Gordon has shown that he's a scorer even in the NBA. Davis, Gordon, Thornton, Griffin and Kaman could be a line up that can make a playoff run.

Playoff to Lottery Team : Detroit Pistons

All their key players from a couple years are now gone (Billups, B. Wallace, R. Wallace and Mcdyess). AI is now gone and the keys will be given to Stuckey. They also don't have a coach yet and have a guy named John Kuester as the frontrunner.

NBA Champs : Los Angeles Lakers

Yes, the champs will repeat. As much as they'll miss Ariza, they did managed to fill his void with Ron Artest. Fisher, Bryant, Artest, Gasol and Bynum? Thats just too much for most teams to take especially if they re-sign Odom.

tromo9
07-08-2009, 06:18 PM
i dont see darko ever breaking out lol hes done.........blake griffen roy

Philliephanatic
07-08-2009, 06:19 PM
COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR Elton Brand

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-08-2009, 06:25 PM
I think the Celtics are gonna win it all. And blake griffin wins ROY, james harden isn't a bad pick to win it though he's gonna be nasty.

TheChosenOne88
07-08-2009, 06:25 PM
ROY: Blake Griffin
Breakout Player: Anyone but Darko
Surprise Team: Bobcats (look for them to snag the 8th seed in the East)
Playoff to Lottery Team: Pistons
NBA Champs: WAY TO EARLY TO TELL. If the Lakers don't resign Odom/another role player, kiss the repeat goodbye. I don't care if you got Artest, your starting lineup can't play the whole game.

aWiLL 20
07-08-2009, 06:29 PM
if darko puts up 18 and 10 i will change my name to piss

TYoung21
07-08-2009, 06:34 PM
ROY: Steph Curry
Breakout Player: Westbrook
Surprise Team: Thunder
NBA Champs: Cavs

Raps18-19 Champ
ROY: Derozan :D
Breakout player: Bargnani :D
Surprise Team: Raptors :D
Playoff to Lottery Team: Detroit
NBA Champs: Raptors. But really I think Cavs.

BleedGreen1014
ROY: homer pick as a syrcause fan-Jonny Flynn, realistic pick-Griffin
Breakout Player: trevor ariza in houston
Surprise Team: Bobcats in the east, and Clippers in the west
Playoff to Lottery Team: the popular pick is the pistons
NBA Champs: One of these choices- Spurs/Lakers/Cavs/Celtics/Magic

still1ballin
NBA champs: Lakers

zachattach
07-08-2009, 06:37 PM

he's going average 17.9 ad 10

randomness
07-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Rookie of the Year : James Harden : Oklahoma City Thunder

Harden should be thrown right into the fire in OKC. He's probably one of the more polished players and should produce well wedged in between Durant and Westbrook. Harden will be the main facilitator for the Thunder. His predicted numbers: 16 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 1.5 steals

Darko finally lands in a system that will let him shine. Detroit was too slow of an offense and he never really got a chance in Memphis. There is no other options in NY besides Al Harrington. They have a bunch of role and bench players and Darko can contribute in a big way, especially since they lack size. Predicted Numbers: 18 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks.

Surprise Team : Los Angeles Clippers

Dare I say it, but the Clips have some nice pieces in place if Baron Davis and Kaman both remain healthy for a majority of the season. Gordon has shown that he's a scorer even in the NBA. Davis, Gordon, Thornton, Griffin and Kaman could be a line up that can make a playoff run.

Playoff to Lottery Team : Detroit Pistons

All their key players from a couple years are now gone (Billups, B. Wallace, R. Wallace and Mcdyess). AI is now gone and the keys will be given to Stuckey. They also don't have a coach yet and have a guy named John Kuester as the frontrunner.

NBA Champs : Los Angeles Lakers

Yes, the champs will repeat. As much as they'll miss Ariza, they did managed to fill his void with Ron Artest. Fisher, Bryant, Artest, Gasol and Bynum? Thats just too much for most teams to take especially if they re-sign Odom.

ROY: Blake Griffin (18 and 8)
Breakout player: Andrea Bargnani (20 and 7)
Surprise Team: OKC Thunder (don't make the playoffs but get .500 record 41-41)
Playoff to Lottery Team: DET Pistons (25-57)
NBA Champs: ORL Magic (beat the Lakers in the finals 4-3, regular season record is 65-17)

JerseysFinest
07-08-2009, 09:11 PM
you can't really be makin predictions this early. not every team is done preparing their rosters and teams can surprise other teams remeber

J_M_B
07-08-2009, 09:29 PM
ROY: James Harden
Breakout player: Micheal Beasley
Surprise Team: Thunder or Bobcats
NBA Champs: Lakers

Kjthunder
07-08-2009, 09:40 PM
ROY: Blake Griffin or Jordan Hill (both will probably be starting from the beginning and will put up good numbers
Breakout Player: Shaun Livingston (even coming off the bench, if he stays healthy look for about 12 pts, 4 rebounds, 5 assists) or Marcin Gortat ( starting for the mavs could average 10 and 12 i think)
Surprise Team: Thunder/Grizzlies
Playoff to Lottery Team: Rockets
NBA Champs: Celtics (if they stay healthy)

hockeypro68
07-08-2009, 09:45 PM
In my dream scenario Blake Griffin tears it up from day 1, wins Rookie of the Year, Clippers get 8th seed and dare I say upset the Lakers in the first round!??!? This would be my dream come true, and I think Clippers making the playoffs is entirely possible. The rest who knows...

ombada
07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
im hoping the Pacers will get Dunleavy back earlier than originally thought and make a playoff push this year, i think they have a solid team and are putting it together nicely.

Carey
07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
ROY Blake Griffin-Will approach 20 and 10 this year
Breakout Player- Anthony Randolph- i could see 16 and 8 from him
Suprise Team- Thunder-Think we could sneak in as 8th seed or be close to it
Playoff to Lottery- Rockets or Hornets- still have time this offseason
NBA Champs- Lakers

uncleben989
07-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Rookie of the Year : Demar Derozan (raptors)
Breakout Player : Charlie Villanueva (pistons)
Surprise Team : clippers
Playoff to Lottery Team : heat
NBA Champs : first team to win 4 games in the NBA finals

GSW fan
07-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Rookie of the Year : Blake
Breakout Player : Anthony Randolph
Surprise Team : Warriors
Playoff to Lottery Team : Rockets
NBA Champs : Cavs

Johann
07-08-2009, 10:22 PM

if he goes back to high school and puts up 18 and 10, youre gonna be pissed

mrblisterdundee
07-08-2009, 10:26 PM
My Predictions:

Rookie of the Year: Blake Griffin

6th Man of the Year: Lamar Odom

Defensive Player of the Year: Dwight Howard

Most Valuable Player: LeBron James

NBA Champions: Los Angeles Lakers

cowboyz180
07-08-2009, 10:31 PM
ROY: James Harden
Breakout player: Andrea Bargnaini
Surprise Team: Mavs :D
Playoff to Lottery Team: Rockets
NBA Champs: Lakers (even though i wish it were the mavs)

Tommyh1331
07-08-2009, 10:34 PM

lol he couldn't even break out with the Grizz, he sat on the pine last year

ggg
07-08-2009, 10:44 PM
surprise team: Washington Wizards back in the playoffs scene.

NBA champs: LA

6th man: Manu. jet and rasheed is always a good bet coz its more of a stat award, if it was effectiveness its lamar odom.

mvp: Dwade

Breakout player: Carmelo Anthony. he's a star but i think next season is the season where he's gonna solidify himself as a leader not just a terrific scorer/defender.

Defensive Player: d. Howard. his athleticism, presence on the Defensive end is just insane.