PDA

View Full Version : Celtics sign Rasheed Wallace

Lathaniel
07-08-2009, 04:38 PM
ESPN: Celtics officially signed Rasheed Wallace to a 2 year contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4314180

City of Angels
07-08-2009, 04:44 PM
So who comes off the bench???obviously wallace will be playing late in the games but who starts?

LakersSaintsLSU
07-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Rasheed is a fence jumper he's been riding KG's jock strap since the 08 ecf.So basically he's a celtic all along while he was wearing a pistons jersey.like horry when he let tim duncan rape him in the post when we tried to go for the 4th chmpshp in a row.....and the next year he signed with the spurs....FENCEJUMPER U CAN HAVE HIM BOSTON....BUT LA FEARS NO ONE.

BeantownBill
07-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Rasheed is a fence jumper he's been riding KG's jock strap since the 08 ecf.So basically he's a celtic all along while he was wearing a pistons jersey.like horry when he let tim duncan rape him in the post when we tried to go for the 4th chmpshp in a row.....and the next year he signed with the spurs....FENCEJUMPER U CAN HAVE HIM BOSTON....BUT LA FEARS NO ONE.

Get out and try to enjoy some real life. Sounds like you need it.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Get out and try to enjoy some real life. Sounds like you need it.

A real life....yea ur right im enjoying being a champion right now sucks for u....but hey your probaly a boston "bandwagon" celtic fan that rooted for a loosing team then jumped on kg's jockstrap too like everyone else.or ur a boston fan who came out of hiding when the trade went down to begin with.ARTEST.yea i know that hurts your feelings too...HAHAHAHAHAHAH:D:D:D

blah-blah
07-08-2009, 05:32 PM
ESPN: Celtics officially signed Rasheed Wallace to a 2 year contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4314180

wow

AntiG
07-08-2009, 05:33 PM
So who comes off the bench???obviously wallace will be playing late in the games but who starts?

Sheed is comng off the bench. Perkins is the starter.

BeantownBill
07-08-2009, 05:41 PM
A real life....yea ur right im enjoying being a champion right now sucks for u....but hey your probaly a boston "bandwagon" celtic fan that rooted for a loosing team then jumped on kg's jockstrap too like everyone else.or ur a boston fan who came out of hiding when the trade went down to begin with.ARTEST.yea i know that hurts your feelings too...HAHAHAHAHAHAH:D:D:D

I was actually a Celtics fan when Dino Radja was their best scoring option. Are you even old enough to know who that is, or are all your misspellings a result not so much of youth, but ignorance? I'm leaning toward the latter, based on reading your 'response'. Thank you though, my 5 year old has far better writing sills than you currently possess. It did make me laugh, and for that I owe you. :clap:

BeantownBill
07-08-2009, 05:43 PM

The Lakers are champions. You're a ****** with internet access. Kind of a big difference. :p

magichatnumber9
07-08-2009, 05:46 PM
It just baffles me that Laker fans give a crap. You would think we were in the same division.

jackyyy
07-08-2009, 05:51 PM
LakersSaintsLSU please stop posting ..

Lakers fans likes you make the rest of us look bad

BlinkManJan02
07-08-2009, 06:04 PM
dang i was hoping the magic would have gotten him

ShakeN'Bake
07-08-2009, 06:09 PM

That makes no sense. If he rooted for a losing team and then continued to root with KG doesn't that make him not a bandwagon fan?

ShakeN'Bake
07-08-2009, 06:10 PM

I'm pretty sure they came to an agreement that sheed will be the 6th man so we can get some scoring off the bench.

Bullsfan22
07-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Celtics look legit and there's no reason to think they can't beat the lakers again with addition of sheed.

ManRam
07-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Great signing. I thought whoever signed Sheed would have the inside track to the title. This really is gonna help Boston. With KG healthy, Sheed coming off the bench, Rondo becoming a star...Boston looks scary.

tr4shb0t
07-08-2009, 06:19 PM
they need him

NeutralFan
07-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Congratulations guys. Solid pick up. As a Lakers fan I apologize for the morons who are trash talking the team they will probably be facing in the finals. Should be a good season for the top 6 teams. Good luck.

op12
07-08-2009, 06:48 PM
really think this will put us over the top. maybe 1 more solid bench player (baby, hill, pg) and we are ready to roll.

MTar786
07-08-2009, 09:58 PM
fisher < rondo
kobe >> Allen
artest = pierce (defense and offense whipe out)
Gasol < KG
Bynum > Perkins

Odom = Wallace (basically, we need to sign odom back)

lakers bench > celtics bench

odom, brown, vujacic, farmar, walton, powell, dj (hopefully lakers pickup a good player for the vets minimum)

house, sheed, scal, n im not sure who else right now

i heard powe, big baby, marbury are all not coming back ( so, terrible bench for now)

it seems pretty much even.. this season is gonna be OFF THE HOOK!

ShakeN'Bake
07-08-2009, 10:01 PM
fisher < rondo
kobe >> Allen
artest = pierce (defense and offense whipe out)
Gasol < KG
Bynum > Perkins

Odom = Wallace (basically, we need to sign odom back)

lakers bench > celtics bench

odom, brown, vujacic, farmar, walton, powell, dj (hopefully lakers pickup a good player for the vets minimum)

house, sheed, scal, n im not sure who else right now

i heard powe, big baby, marbury are all not coming back ( so, terrible bench for now)

it seems pretty much even.. this season is gonna be OFF THE HOOK!

Not for nothing these kind of comparisons mean absolutely nothing to the coarse of a game.

MTar786
07-08-2009, 10:02 PM
hill would be the difference maker if he were to sign with boston.. cuz so far i still think la has boston in check.. la is young still.. boston is very old. pierce, garnett, allen and sheed are all pretty old now. hill would make them the favs imo if the lakers dont add anyone else. but for now.. i still think la has the edge

MTar786
07-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Not for nothing these kind of comparisons mean absolutely nothing to the coarse of a game.

ya u right.. like how LA has two 7 footers protecting the paint.. more championship experience and two AMAZING wing and one on one defenders. more confidence and a few other important things that dont show on their names when written down on paper. talent wise tho.. they look close.. thats wat i was saying..

ShakeN'Bake
07-08-2009, 10:04 PM
hill would be the difference maker if he were to sign with boston.. cuz so far i still think la has boston in check.. la is young still.. boston is very old. pierce, garnett, allen and sheed are all pretty old now. hill would make them the favs imo if the lakers dont add anyone else. but for now.. i still think la has the edge

I'm neither disagreeing nor agreeing with you I'm just saying that on paper comparisons mean absolutely nothing we need to play the games, other wise the knicks wouldn't have been so bad a couple of years ago.

MTar786
07-08-2009, 10:10 PM
lol.. thats kinda true.. u would be ignorant to say a team with a bunch of great players wont atleast be IN CONTENTION. the knicks were full of over rated UNPROVEN players. not nba hall of famers

JDizzle
07-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Celtics look so so so nastyyyyyyyyy

ShakeN'Bake
07-08-2009, 10:15 PM
lol.. thats kinda true.. u would be ignorant to say a team with a bunch of great players wont atleast be IN CONTENTION. the knicks were full of over rated UNPROVEN players. not nba hall of famers

Ya. Either way I'm getting pumped about this season hopefully both our teams will make it to the finals fully healthy so we can settle this once and for all..that is until we would meet again haha.

Tommyh1331
07-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Celtics are mortgaging there future!! Can't believe they let Big Baby hang it will come back to haunt them! I hope the Magic grab them

AntiG
07-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Celtics are mortgaging there future!! Can't believe they let Big Baby hang it will come back to haunt them! I hope the Magic grab them

they aren't "letting big baby hang"... they tendered him an offer. RFAs have the right to either sign the tender or go out and find a better contract. Giving him a huge contract would be "mortgaging the future." The Celtics' management did what they could do. Sheed signed for the exemption and it has nothing to do with Baby who would be under the Bird rule in the team's ability to re-sign him despite the cap.

Agar81
07-08-2009, 10:41 PM
dont even put bynum and perkins in the same sentence. Perkins owns him,and Bynum wasn't even the slightest of factors in the playoffs this year while being perfectly healthy. Perkins is blossoming into one of the best defensive centers in the league as well. The real rankings go like this:
Fisher<Rondo
Kobe>Ray
Artest<Pierce
Gasol<KG
Bynum<<<<<Perkins

I can't judge the benches yet since both arent done signing, but the Celtics currently have a better bench considering the only good guy in Odom hasn't been resigned and the only thing they have done this offseason is get older with the signing of Artest (which will improve them defensively) and a bum in Shannon Brown. Id take Sheed, House, TA, Walker, and even Giddens and Scal way over Vujacic (who isn't very good) and a bunch of nobodies in Powell, DJ "Sloth" "HOF" Mbenga, Shannon Brown, Farmar, and Walton. Grant Hill will come to Boston as well if he wants to win, and if so, our bench will be very good with great 6th and 7th men in Sheed and Hill and a great knock-down shooter in House.

AntiG
07-08-2009, 10:46 PM
agreed. Perkins completely outclasses Bynum.

JordansBulls
07-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Been wanting to see a KG vs Duncan playoff series where both teams were legit title contenders for years.

NeutralFan
07-08-2009, 10:54 PM

again though bynum is 21 and is being taught by Kareem. He will only continue to get better. By the time the lakers meet boston in the finals bynum may have another 82 games under his belt. Also assuming the Lakers sign Odom they have three long very good defenders for the inside game. Please stop judging Gasol and Bynum by the finals 2 years ago. Both players have become much much better.

kblo247
07-08-2009, 10:55 PM

Yet Gasol actually always outplays KG and actually has the ball to defend him unlike Garnett who lets Perkins guard him

BTownTeamsRKing
07-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Yet Gasol actually always outplays KG and actually has the ball to defend him unlike Garnett who lets Perkins guard him

Did u know COACHES actually decide who covers who? Its a wild concept. This isnt pick up ball.

Super.
07-08-2009, 11:05 PM

When is this? Every game i watched KG dominated Pau, unless of course pau got the 15 ft jumper off the pick n roll. But other than that i watch KG phycially dominate that soft forward from Spain. Pau has always been Soft.

MTar786
07-08-2009, 11:24 PM
dont even put bynum and perkins in the same sentence. Perkins owns him,and Bynum wasn't even the slightest of factors in the playoffs this year while being perfectly healthy. Perkins is blossoming into one of the best defensive centers in the league as well. The real rankings go like this:
Fisher<Rondo
Kobe>Ray
Artest<Pierce
Gasol<KG
Bynum<<<<<Perkins

I can't judge the benches yet since both arent done signing, but the Celtics currently have a better bench considering the only good guy in Odom hasn't been resigned and the only thing they have done this offseason is get older with the signing of Artest (which will improve them defensively) and a bum in Shannon Brown. Id take Sheed, House, TA, Walker, and even Giddens and Scal way over Vujacic (who isn't very good) and a bunch of nobodies in Powell, DJ "Sloth" "HOF" Mbenga, Shannon Brown, Farmar, and Walton. Grant Hill will come to Boston as well if he wants to win, and if so, our bench will be very good with great 6th and 7th men in Sheed and Hill and a great knock-down shooter in House.

wow u should quit PSD

MTar786
07-08-2009, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=AntiG;10070200]agreed. Perkins completely outclasses Bynum.[/Q

r u serious??? u really think perkins is better than bynum?? LOL wow.. talk about biased fans

kblo247
07-08-2009, 11:43 PM
When is this? Every game i watched KG dominated Pau, unless of course pau got the 15 ft jumper off the pick n roll. But other than that i watch KG phycially dominate that soft forward from Spain. Pau has always been Soft.

KG dominated shooting in the 40 percentile :confused:

Odom dominated his *** this year literally and figuratively if you know what I mean

LakersSaintsLSU
07-09-2009, 05:25 AM
I was actually a Celtics fan when Dino Radja was their best scoring option. Are you even old enough to know who that is, or are all your misspellings a result not so much of youth, but ignorance? I'm leaning toward the latter, based on reading your 'response'. Thank you though, my 5 year old has far better writing sills than you currently possess. It did make me laugh, and for that I owe you. :clap:

writing sills u mean skills?dumb*** AND TO ADD TO IT MAYBE KOBE WILL GET MORE MVP CHANTS IN !!!!!!!YOUR!!!!!! BUILDING HAHAHA

LakersSaintsLSU
07-09-2009, 05:27 AM

Are you serious? Last YEAR when you came to staples bynum manhandled that shrimp

LakersSaintsLSU
07-09-2009, 05:29 AM
Lets face it these loston celdick fans are mad that phil has ten rings and we also have a shot to pass 17....dont even lie to urself by sayin' we dont

LakersSaintsLSU
07-09-2009, 05:32 AM

then you went blind last season when we took both games.gasol took over in the fourth in la,and posterized kg in boston....u guys have selective memory

SOFT R U SERIOUS KG USED TO BE SHAQ'S B**** AND STILL IS.HE WAS A COWARD IN MIN AND STILL IS TALK IS CHEAP AND THATS ALL HE DOES...GASOL SOFT? GUESS U TURNED THE TV OFF WHEN ORLANDO DID U N

PBG
07-09-2009, 06:02 AM
Im gonna miss hearing " SHHEEEEEEEEEED " throughout the Palace.

thepaul
07-09-2009, 07:50 AM

Bynum is not Shaq, but come on...perkins is just an average C.

BeantownBill
07-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Perkins is a good defender, but is too inconsistent at this point. The difference I see in the two teams (Lakers and Celts) is the age difference. The Celtics are definitely more injury prone. If they manage to stay relatively healthy and they wind up getting to the finals against the Lakers, that could be an epic series. Lot of other teams will have something to say about that, however.

LakersSaintsLSU? Yeah .. does it just suck being you? The other Laker fans don't even like you. Maybe we could start a thread where he could post and argue back and forth with himself, after all .. who else would care enough to puzzle out the crap he tries so hard to write?

Super.
07-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Perkins is a good defender, but is too inconsistent at this point. The difference I see in the two teams (Lakers and Celts) is the age difference. The Celtics are definitely more injury prone. If they manage to stay relatively healthy and they wind up getting to the finals against the Lakers, that could be an epic series. Lot of other teams will have something to say about that, however.

LakersSaintsLSU? Yeah .. does it just suck being you? The other Laker fans don't even like you. Maybe we could start a thread where he could post and argue back and forth with himself, after all .. who else would care enough to puzzle out the crap he tries so hard to write?

:laugh:

Agar81
07-09-2009, 12:12 PM
wow u should quit PSD

haha dont tell me I should quit PSD, when you come back with no evidence or argument and don't explain your statement at all. Look at Perkins' and Bynum's playoff numbers last year. Bynum's: 6.3 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 0.4 APG. Perkins': 11.9 PPG, 11.6 RPG, 1.4 APG.

Don't run your mouth with comments that have no evidence. Explain your argument before making pointless claims. It's un-knowledgeable clowns like you that pollute PSD.

AntiG
07-09-2009, 01:11 PM
haha dont tell me I should quit PSD, when you come back with no evidence or argument and don't explain your statement at all. Look at Perkins' and Bynum's playoff numbers last year. Bynum's: 6.3 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 0.4 APG. Perkins': 11.9 PPG, 11.6 RPG, 1.4 APG.

Don't run your mouth with comments that have no evidence. Explain your argument before making pointless claims. It's un-knowledgeable clowns like you that pollute PSD.

:clap:

Throw in that Perkins is one of the best defensive big men in the game today while Bynum is mediocre not to mention soft as you get despite his size. If Bynum were a foot shorter and played PG the way he played center, he'd be considered soft.

Like I said before... Perkins completely outclasses Bynum.

JordansBulls
07-09-2009, 02:46 PM
What does a signing of Rasheed Wallace have to do with the Lakers here?