PDA

View Full Version : How many stars actually play defense???

Frank Costanza
07-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Every time i see any new trade proposal or free agent signing everyones always on the "he doesnt play any defence"

"wheres the defence"
"good scorer no defence"

it seems to me that if you had a league where sooooo much defence was being played then a guy comes in and doesnt play any at all that he would be exposed but in the nba today who really does play good defence???

This is an offence dominated league , am i wrong???

now the arguement will come that in the playoffs u need D, do these players just rise to the occasion at that time???

TheChosenOne88
07-08-2009, 03:10 PM
What the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for? He had 30 home runs and over 100 rbi's last year. He's got a rocket for an arm. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOUR DOIN!

Frank Costanza
07-08-2009, 03:11 PM
What the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for? He had 30 home runs and over 100 rbi's last year. He's got a rocket for an arm. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOUR DOIN!

"my people kept telling me ken phelps"

Big Zo
07-08-2009, 03:16 PM
None. They play "Defense.''

sep11ie
07-08-2009, 03:27 PM

Beat me to it.

DieHardColtsfan
07-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Anyone on the Knicks??

asandhu23
07-08-2009, 03:44 PM
somewhere Don Nelson is being laughing his arse off. :laugh:

BkOriginalOne
07-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Tell that to the DEFESIVE PLAYERS OF THE YEAR.
Just for fun though, these guys I believe play Great D.
Rondo, KG, Perkins, Gerald Wallce, Raja Bell, Hinrich, Lebron, Varejo, Kidd, Dampier, Billups, Dhantay Jones (plays really hard) Anthony Carter, Birdman, Kmart, Nene, Battie, Scola, Kobe, Artest, Odom, Fisher, Walton, Farmar, Rudy Gay, Chris Paul, Tayshaun Prince, Tim Duncan, Bowen, Udoka, Kurt Thomas, George Hill, Richard Jefferson, Pietrus, Ak47, Wade, Chalmers, Haslem, JO...

Raps18-19 Champ
07-08-2009, 03:55 PM
A lot.

Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Garnett, Duncan, Paul, Billups, and a lot of stars play defense.

Bricklayer
07-08-2009, 03:59 PM

Not in Canada, it's defence.;)

tland22
07-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Tracy McGrady was KNOWN as the Defensive stopper on the team when he played for the Raptors with Vince carter...and his D, when healthy is continuously overlooked by people who dont really pay attention etc...His D was GREAT in orlando...as was his offense

Stars play D, IMO

ARMIN12NBA
07-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Kobe Bryant. Dwight Howard. Kevin Garnett. Tim Duncan.

LAKERS 24/7
07-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Rondo, KG, Perkins, Gerald Wallce, Raja Bell, Hinrich, Lebron, Varejo, Kidd, Dampier, Billups, Dhantay Jones (plays really hard) Anthony Carter, Birdman, Kmart, Nene, Battie, Scola, Kobe, Artest, Odom, Fisher, Walton, Farmar, Rudy Gay, Chris Paul, Tayshaun Prince, Tim Duncan, Bowen, Udoka, Kurt Thomas, George Hill, Richard Jefferson, Pietrus, Ak47, Wade, Chalmers, Haslem, JO...

Nope...

Especially Farmar, he's atrocious on D. All he does is use his quickness to gamble.

DerekRE_3
07-08-2009, 04:10 PM

Nice to see you mention Wallace and Bell from the Cats but you forgot Emeka Okafor.

Bricklayer
07-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Some stars choose not to play D, ex: Carter, Maggette, J-Rich

Some stars can't play D, ex: Nash, Calderon, Boozer

rick66ankiel24
07-08-2009, 04:16 PM

hahaha for sure this chump needs to learn how to spell

masalex1205
07-08-2009, 04:26 PM
On a number of occasions the differences between stars vs. superstars and good players vs. great players is defense

stars that would be superstars if they played equal defense to match their offense: amare, bosh, etc.

superstars bc they play d: Kobe, Lebron, etc.

Reddd
07-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Kobe and Lebron play a bit defense but it's not spotted very often cause refs don't call fouls on superstars, except centers

ogtransphat
07-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Some stars choose not to play D, ex: Carter, Maggette, J-Rich

Some stars can't play D, ex: Nash, Calderon, Boozer

Boozer used to play D in Cleveland.

I know This may sound a little stupid but defence doesn't sell tickets unless yuo're in the NFL.

JDizzle
07-08-2009, 09:58 PM
everyone in the league expect for any member of the golden state warriors never seen a team allow so many points a game