PDA

View Full Version : Iverson key to keeping D-Wade?

RyderRyfle
07-08-2009, 12:10 PM
source: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/109671-iverson-key-to-keeping-d-wade

Ace33Bone
07-08-2009, 12:18 PM
I can see these 2 butting heads already... Iverson is just going to go to Miami and 1) get into trouble off of the court 2) be a cancer to young players like Beasley 3) Put up more shots and possibly more points that Wade 4) be complaining to go somewhere else very soon

GCOOKIE7
07-08-2009, 12:20 PM
first AI and melo. Now AI and Wade. Nothing good can come from this. And don't you guys have Chalmers as ur future PG?

KnicksorBust
07-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I see why Wade would want him. Because if he takes a good hard look around that locker room there is not a lot of guys he can rely on to consistently put up 13-17 points per game. Beasley is getting there but other than that it's shaky. I don't think any superstar wants to feel like he HAS to put up 30+ points every night. Iverson takes a lot of mental pressure off Dwyane and I think that's why he wants him there.

BkOriginalOne
07-08-2009, 12:30 PM
AI has a good shot to be effective in Miami.
It's not fare to compare AI and melo to AI and Wade for these reasons.
George karl VS. Pat Riley
Wade is a better player, stronger personality, leader then Melo.
AI and Wade would share a backcourt, so there is already more of cohesiveness.
Being the 1st guard off the bench Riley the ability to rest Wade in situations while Chalmers is out there learning with a proven scorer.
Wade can defer to AI at points in the game and wait to close in the 4th.

If AI were to come off the bench for the Heat and play JTerry minutes (30-33)
He could get: 22ppg, 5apg, 2.0 steals.

This is his best situation.

Raph12
07-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Wade wants him there for sure, AI wants to be there for sure, the ball is in Pat Riley's hands, I understand Iverson will want shots and minutes but it worked in Denver even when everyone doubted there weren't enough shots to go around. Denver got better each year and won 50 games with AI as their leading scorer in the 2007-2008 season and had they not played the Lakers in the first round it may have been a great season. He could do the same in Miami, think about this lineup:
PG - Iverson
SG - Wade
SF - Beasley
PF - Haslem
C - O'neal
That's a pretty good lineup and reminds me of the lineup Denver had that won 50 games in a very competitive Western conference, should this happen I predict 45-50 wins for Miami next season but even if they bomb with AI, it would still show that Riley tried to get a good team around Wade and that (plus possibly signing another star next off-season) may be what convinces Wade to stay in Miami, I think for those reasons alone Heat should jump on this oppurtunity asap before AI goes to Memphis or Charlotte.

Hoopsadvocate
07-08-2009, 12:40 PM
AI never had problems with melo so why would he have them with wade? Offcourts issues? Bad influence on young players? did he have offcourt issues in denver or detroit? Did he have a negative influence on stucky in Detroit? NO. where are people getting this stuff from.

Wade seems to welcome the idea and iverson seems to be willing to a 1 year contract which should go with Rileys plan. The only problem is the luxury tax. If the HEAT sign him they would owe around 11-12 million if he wants the full MLE (its reported his camp wants something around there especially if hes a one year rental). I say sure hopefully he agrees to something less but if not we dont risk 2010 neways. I think he will be in a HEAT uniform come October.

SwaggaIke
07-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Signing A.I is the key to LOSING Wade. There ain't enough shots for Wade, A.I and Mike Beas. If A.I would come off the bench and be content I could see it, but I doubt he could be that humble.

TheDetroitBlue
07-08-2009, 01:04 PM
He didn't want to come off the bench in detroit so i'm afraid he won't want to wherever he goes

Raph12
07-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Signing A.I is the key to LOSING Wade. There ain't enough shots for Wade, A.I and Mike Beas. If A.I would come off the bench and be content I could see it, but I doubt he could be that humble.

LMFAO How could signing AI be the key to losing Wade if it was WADE'S IDEA! wow no offence but you don't know how dumb that sounds lol. Btw Beasley can take a lesser role, Wade and AI can drop about 23-25 ea like AI and Melo did in Denver, while Beasley and Oneal can settle for about 13-17 pts. Playing with AI and Wade can do wonders for Chalmers game learning from two of the best guards to ever play the game, while the rest of the team's stats may drop, their efficiency should rise playing alongside two guys who could both create shots for themselves and others. When you look at the top teams in the league adding another star to a team will always decrease other players' stats but the team gets better (ie. Gasol to LA, Kobe did less, as did the rest of the Lakers and they got to the Finals the first year and won a title the next) now I'm not saying that Miami will win a championship next year but they will be better and that's what Wade wants and what Wade wants is what Miami wants, therefore should be a great acquisition

SwaggaIke
07-08-2009, 01:13 PM
LMFAO How could signing AI be the key to losing Wade if it was WADE'S IDEA! wow no offence but you don't know how dumb that sounds lol. Btw Beasley can take a lesser role, Wade and AI can drop about 23-25 ea like AI and Melo did in Denver, while Beasley and Oneal can settle for about 13-17 pts. Playing with AI and Wade can do wonders for Chalmers game learning from two of the best guards to ever play the game, while the rest of the team's stats may drop, their efficiency should rise playing alongside two guys who could both create shots for themselves and others. When you look at the top teams in the league adding another star to a team will always decrease other players' stats but the team gets better (ie. Gasol to LA, Kobe did less, as did the rest of the Lakers and they got to the Finals the first year and won a title the next) now I'm not saying that Miami will win a championship next year but they will be better and that's what Wade wants and what Wade wants is what Miami wants, therefore should be a great acquisition

What did Denver win w/ A.I and Melo? How can two ball DOMINATING guards coexist? Wade's impatience is showing if this is the move he wants Riley to make. A.I is not a point guard and neither is Wade, all A.I will do is SLOW Chalmers development just like he slowed Stuckey's. He's not a cancer, but he's not a team ball player and his only defense is playing the passing lanes which Chalmers and Wade already do a better job at.

tland22
07-08-2009, 01:16 PM
This isnt all that true. Iverson just IS NOT that player anymore. He isnt a make or break a deal type of guy/player anymore people. Perhaps you are thinking too much about this.

IBleedPurple
07-08-2009, 01:20 PM
A selfish, shot first, undersized, defensive liability guard who wants to be a starter but won't, doesn't play into a team philosophy...... No thanks

lakers4sho
07-08-2009, 01:23 PM

I wonder how Denver's efficiency was with A.I. and Melo on the team :shrug:

JordansBulls
07-08-2009, 01:25 PM

If I were Miami I would do it. If they aren't getting anyone else this year via trade or anything they will have a hard time making it out of the 1st round. Heat have nothing to lose by getting Iverson. If they don't get anyone Wade will leave period.

NYtilIdie
07-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Iverson is not a team player simple as that. He can't play with other star players like Melo or the Pistons who had Rip,Prince, and Rasheed including Iverson that is a championship caliber team if Iverson would have passed the ball more and agreed to come off the bench. Iverson doesn't care about a championship unless he was the guy that carried his team by himself which is why it didn't work with Melo or the Pistons and if he was all about a championship he wouldn't have a problem with coming off the bench.

Its sad to see what Iverson has become guy was a phenomenal talent in his prime and you'd hope a guy like him could get 1 ring before he retires, but with his "me first" attitude that may never happen.

Raph12
07-08-2009, 01:31 PM
What did Denver win w/ A.I and Melo? How can two ball DOMINATING guards coexist? Wade's impatience is showing if this is the move he wants Riley to make. A.I is not a point guard and neither is Wade, all A.I will do is SLOW Chalmers development just like he slowed Stuckey's. He's not a cancer, but he's not a team ball player and his only defense is playing the passing lanes which Chalmers and Wade already do a better job at.

Denver won 50 games in an EXTREMELY competitive Western Conference and play LA in the first round, who may I add went on to win the WCFs and the NBA championship the next year. Second, Iverson is not a ball dominating guard, he proved that in Denver and during the middle of his tenure in Philly. He can move without the ball and then when given the ball create. Wade is impatient with good reason, Lebron got Shaq, Dwight got Vinsanity, Bosh got Hedo, Boston got Sheed, Detriot got Ben Gordon and Charlie V, and what did Wade get? A big box of nothing, if Wade wants AI, than give him AI, let them work out any differences on the court. As far as Chalmers goes, mark my words, he will never be anything more than a good pg in this league, Miami fans have overrated Chalmers, just like Philly fans overrated Iggy and now they want AI back. He may not be the best team player, but he will pass if it is a part of his role on the team (7+apg for 4 back-to-back seasons proves that) and yes he lacks defensive ability but he can stay in front of any point guard in this league with his quickness and no he isn't to slow now if you watched him play in Detriot you'd know that

SwaggaIke
07-08-2009, 01:31 PM
If I were Miami I would do it. If they aren't getting anyone else this year via trade or anything they will have a hard time making it out of the 1st round. Heat have nothing to lose by getting Iverson. If they don't get anyone Wade will leave period.

Saying we have nothing to lose is a false statement. We could possibly go backwards and not make the playoffs at all. We have young players that have the chance to take big steps forward this year. You never know what you have until they hit the floor.

Brooklyn Mets
07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
if A.I. would be willing to come off the bench then he could help out a lot of contenders in the league but he still wants to be the go-to-guy and that's just not going to work with any team that has a legit shot to make the playoffs

KnicksorBust
07-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Dwyane Wade was 1st in the NBA for the scoring title with over 30ppg.
Miami Heat were 18th in the NBA in scoring.

Miami Heat need scoring. Iverson brings that. I mean I could go to the playoffs and look up some ugly shooting games from Chalmers or James Jones, or Beasley but I really don't think it's necessary.

BenFrank
07-08-2009, 02:24 PM
If A.I. is to play with the Heat.. I think that will strenthen Wade's decision to leave.. Iverson will not make them a contender.. thay probably will win like 3 more game's than last year.. if.. there's any chemistry

JaySmoke
07-08-2009, 02:28 PM

dude chalmers is a back up at best... he is only good for steals and cant hit open 3's and misses layups.. he already at his peak.. iverson on ihs worse day >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chalmers on his best

i think we need to get ai..
we need a real scorer and he could be o0ur 6th man..

i know first hand that people here think to much of beasley like he will be the greatest thing in a few years..
he wont be any better than jamison..
i

bigvdebo86
07-08-2009, 02:32 PM
last time i checked when iverson and mello was together nuggets went to playoffs and remind the years ai was there k mart was injured the whole first year and nene could barely stay on the court

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2009, 02:32 PM
dude chalmers is a back up at best... he is only good for steals and cant hit open 3's and misses layups.. he already at his peak.. iverson on ihs worse day >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chalmers on his best

well seeing as ur a miami fan ill take ur word for it.

i see it this way.

Miami has nothing to lose, mine as well add Iverson and see how it plays out.

U will have one of the quickest backcourts in NBA history and there's no telling how devastating that would be to opposing defenses.

at the very least it would be extremely entertaining.

SeoulBeatz
07-08-2009, 02:33 PM
last time i checked when iverson and mello was together nuggets went to playoffs and remind the years ai was there k mart was injured the whole first year and nene could barely stay on the court

no one wants to hear that!!! stop making excuses for that criminal lol

bigvdebo86
07-08-2009, 02:38 PM

bigvdebo86
07-08-2009, 02:39 PM
no one wants to hear that!!! stop making excuses for that criminal lol

wow all you ai haters 1 bad year for him you all forget that in 2007 he avg 27ppg and 7apg and led the denver nuggets to a 50 win season without a healthy nene and kmart

SwaggaIke
07-08-2009, 02:40 PM

i think we need to get ai..
we need a real scorer and he could be o0ur 6th man..

i know first hand that people here think to much of beasley like he will be the greatest thing in a few years..
he wont be any better than jamison..
i

He was a rookie, of course he is going to be inconsistent. How can Iverson be our sixth man when he DOESN'T WANT TO BE A SIXTH MAN? Beasley at best will be no better than Jamison...an All Star? I'll take that.

midwestmadman
07-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I certianly don't see it working but I heard they would only offer a 1 year deal so why not see if it works, than take your money back in 2010 if it doesn't work in Miami's favor. Riley I would hope is smart enough not to put to much into AI at this point of his career, particularly coming out of an ugly situation in Detroit where Iverson was basically alientated from the team for the last quarter of the season and playoffs.

JaySmoke
07-08-2009, 02:46 PM
He was a rookie, of course he is going to be inconsistent. How can Iverson be our sixth man when he DOESN'T WANT TO BE A SIXTH MAN? Beasley at best will be no better than Jamison...an All Star? I'll take that.

dude wtf?
no mater where he goes he will be a sixth man.. wtf he gonna get 30 minutes a game... o well if he doesnt like it retire...as for chalmers he is older than all the rookies that came out last year.. hes already at his ceiling.. u havent seen any flashes that he will be better than average in the future..

IBleedPurple
07-08-2009, 02:47 PM

Iverson will help win in the regular season most likely. But he will kill the Heat in the playoffs. He is a major defensive liability, takes terrible shots (see below), and is not a good leader.

'06-'07 Playoffs
36% fg

'07-'08 Playoffs
43% fg

Jonathan2323
07-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Wade wants him there for sure, AI wants to be there for sure, the ball is in Pat Riley's hands, I understand Iverson will want shots and minutes but it worked in Denver even when everyone doubted there weren't enough shots to go around. Denver got better each year and won 50 games with AI as their leading scorer in the 2007-2008 season and had they not played the Lakers in the first round it may have been a great season. He could do the same in Miami, think about this lineup:
PG - Iverson
SG - Wade
SF - Beasley
PF - Haslem
C - O'neal
That's a pretty good lineup and reminds me of the lineup Denver had that won 50 games in a very competitive Western conference, should this happen I predict 45-50 wins for Miami next season but even if they bomb with AI, it would still show that Riley tried to get a good team around Wade and that (plus possibly signing another star next off-season) may be what convinces Wade to stay in Miami, I think for those reasons alone Heat should jump on this oppurtunity asap before AI goes to Memphis or Charlotte.

good post

IversonIsKrazy
07-08-2009, 03:42 PM
u have to give wut D-Wade wants, if he wants AI, u shud really attempt to sign him so D-Wade can stay happy. Also, imagine the defense against the Heat, u have a pg of AI and a sg of D-Wade, not to mention an up-and-coming SF in Beasley, there perimeter play would be unstoppable.

They should sign him for 1 or 2 years and thas it. Like a 1yr/$6.5M.

Imagine,

PG: AI/Mario
SG: D-Wade/Cook
SF: Beasley/Moon
PF: Haslem/?
C: JO/Joel

Raph12
07-08-2009, 04:44 PM
If A.I. is to play with the Heat.. I think that will strenthen Wade's decision to leave.. Iverson will not make them a contender.. thay probably will win like 3 more game's than last year.. if.. there's any chemistry

OMG WILL PPL STOP SAYING THAT THIS WILL MAKE WADE WANT TO GO!!! IT WAS D-WADE'S IDEA TO BRING IVERSON TO THE HEAT!!! Even if there is no chemistry at all, it will still have made Wade want to stay more because Heat mgmt is taking his advice (to add AI)

Raph12
07-08-2009, 04:48 PM
good post

Thanks bro, I think most people saying that this is a bad idea are just ignorant, if you do the slightest bit of research you'll find out that Wade wants AI to come to Miami badly, he said it on the radio, on tv and in the newspaper, what more do you need to see to know that this won't make Wade want to leave more?

JordansBulls
07-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Saying we have nothing to lose is a false statement. We could possibly go backwards and not make the playoffs at all. We have young players that have the chance to take big steps forward this year. You never know what you have until they hit the floor.

I can tell you one thing, the Heat aren't keeping Wade if they lose in the 1st round again and get no one else.

IversonIsKrazy
07-08-2009, 06:44 PM
AI is a D-Wade want, how would it make Dwyane want to leave, it shows that the Heat managment will do anything to keep him happy. But imagine playing defence on the perimeter attack of AI, Wade, and Beasley. Also, wut # do u think he'd wear, im pretty sure he wouldnt want to wear #1 after last season. In high school, college, and most of his NBA career he wore #3, maybe #10 were he used to wear in high school football.

b_rad23
07-08-2009, 09:30 PM
I can tell you one thing, the Heat aren't keeping Wade if they lose in the 1st round again and get no one else.

You can guarantee that huh?

He's going to turn down 30 million extra and south beach?

Glad you can be so sure of that.

JDizzle
07-08-2009, 10:03 PM
A.I is not the answer....

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-08-2009, 10:14 PM
A.I is not the answer....

That's original

Mudvayne91
07-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Even if they signed AI I don't see them being better than Cleveland or Boston. You could argue Orlando being better as well. The East as a whole has gotten better. With AI they could just as easily be bounced out of the 1st round.

PapelbonLester
07-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Iverson
Dwade
Moon
Beasly
Oneal

Chalmers
Haslem
Head
Anthony
Cook