PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

DrDEADalready
07-08-2009, 11:25 AM
With all these players (Artest..ect) signing with teams that are already contenders just for the chance to win a championship. If they do infact win the championship. Do they feel really good about it? even though they went to a team that can pretty much win a championship. I just dont think it would be the same as if you were the star of a team and won it. If I went to a team that was already a contender and won. I would feel like I didn't really help at all. just like the bench players that never play. Yes they get a ring but do they really feel like they helped win it? What do you think? do you know what I am talking about.

rhaas74
07-08-2009, 11:27 AM
They could always look at it as they came to a good team but they were the player that put them over the hump to win that championship. And at the end of the day a championship is a championship and thats what a player dreams about.

desertlakeshow
07-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Yes they feel good about it. All the teams are making upgrades to catch the title winner. If the title winner does not pick up that player, they have a less chance of winning the title the next year.

They should feel good about it.

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Yes, of course they would feel good about it. And you would, too.

Think about it...

In Artest's case, he's coming in to replace a starter. That means he has to work his tail off to get up to speed with the Lakers' system (I've heard it said on multiple occasions that learning the Triangle isn't easy), and be more productive than Ariza was. Further, superstar or not, he has to get the chemistry down with his teammates and give Phil Jackson the confidence to deploy him in certain situations. That's not a given, even with someone of Artest's skill. You'll recall, Odom was the starter at one point during the season last year with Ariza coming off the bench. Farmer was PJ's go-to guy at first, before we added Brown...yet PJ started to go to Brown in key situations, even in the playoffs. It will be the same with Artest.

Contrary to what you may think, Artest is going to earn the title if we win it. We are going to need his contributions, especially with our rivals getting that much better as well.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-08-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm sure anyone would love to have a ring. Gotta feel bad for Karl Malone though when he signed with the Lakers.

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm sure anyone would love to have a ring. Gotta feel bad for Karl Malone though when he signed with the Lakers.

Malone was injured when it mattered the most. He just wasn't meant to win it. (Although, before he renewed his contract with the Jazz that last time, he had the chance to come to the Lakers then, but he chose to stick with Utah, instead. Sometimes we create our own fate.)

JordansBulls
07-08-2009, 12:14 PM
With all these players (Artest..ect) signing with teams that are already contenders just for the chance to win a championship. If they do infact win the championship. Do they feel really good about it? even though they went to a team that can pretty much win a championship. I just dont think it would be the same as if you were the star of a team and won it. If I went to a team that was already a contender and won. I would feel like I didn't really help at all. just like the bench players that never play. Yes they get a ring but do they really feel like they helped win it? What do you think? do you know what I am talking about.

It's not like they are paying him 15 million a year. The money he got is basically what any non star in this league gets to go to a team that is over the cap.

DrDEADalready
07-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Well I just got to thinking how you would feel about it. Cause Think about those bench warmers thant don't even play. Yet they still get a ring. Yes they got a ring but do they actually feel like they Contributed to them winning the championship. I know I wouldn't feel like I earned it. So I was just seeing if it would transition over to like artest. How about this. would you rather win a ring on a team that is already full of stars just to get a ring? or Be the Star of your team. And try to win one by being the star? I think if you did infact win a ring on your own then it would be more of a accomplishment than just winning one as a role player.

BkOriginalOne
07-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Honestly, if you were to feel that way, that you wouldn't be playing the game.
The hardest thing to do is repeat, so helping a team do that would be HUGE.

BkOriginalOne
07-08-2009, 12:33 PM
ALL player matter on teams!
Injuries are a prime example of this. Also, who do you think the Kobes Wades and Lebrons are going against in practice making them better; pushing and challenging them?