PDA

View Full Version : Spurs To Sign McDyess

IndiansFan337
07-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Hoopsworld.com is reporting that the Spurs and Antonio McDyess have agreed to a three-year deal.
Once the Spurs ink McDyess, they will have completed a fantastic offseason after acquiring Richard Jefferson, and drafting DeJuan Blair and Jack McClinton. McDyess should start at PF, joining Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili/Michael Finley, Jefferson and Tim Duncan in the starting five. The Spurs are back.
Rotoworld.com

DCB/LAL
07-08-2009, 09:04 AM
This is a great signing for the spurs i know they would of prefered Sheed but Mcdyess is a good role player and thats all they needed they'll be a tougher team to beat now and they because they already were!

Ace33Bone
07-08-2009, 09:10 AM
This is exactly what the Spurs needed. Now I definitely feel as though they will be the #1 or #2 seed in the West if they weren't already. McDyess is a great complimentary player for Tim Duncan

Raph12
07-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Spurs have always been a championship team when healthy. It will be interesting to watch how they do since Duncan, Ginobli and McDyess are all in their 30s, but believe me if everyone stays healthy the Lakers will finally have some competition in the West. Same goes for Boston, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Sheed Wallace are all in there 30s and they want to add Grant Hill, 36, it will be interesting to see how the older teams will do next season.

king4day
07-08-2009, 09:15 AM
I would say this thread was already created, but the other one doesn't have who they're going to sign in the title.

This move is a great one for SA. He's going to be Thomas' replacement. Now they just need to fill out their bench a bit. I really wonder if they still go for Big Baby. He fits that team perfectly and for the Spurs sake, he's a lot younger.

JordansBulls
07-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Good pickup. Are they keeping Gooden as well?

WoodbridgeSkins
07-08-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm thinking Gooden is as good as gone with this signing and the drafting of D. Blair. As a Wizards fan, I'd take him as much needed frontcourt depth. McDyess is exactly what the Spurs needed.

Jays Claw
07-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Good signing.

LeGacy is Music
07-08-2009, 10:22 AM
I don't understand. EVERY TEAM!!!! IS GETTING BETTER EXCEPT THE KNICKS!!!!!! :mad:

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Good pickup. Are they keeping Gooden as well?

Nope, not unless he takes the veterans LLE or a lower salary.

asandhu23
07-08-2009, 10:31 AM
I don't understand. EVERY TEAM!!!! IS GETTING BETTER EXCEPT THE KNICKS!!!!!! :mad:

and the warriors and the bobcats and sixers... =(

asandhu23
07-08-2009, 10:32 AM
DAMMIT WARRIORS....DO SOMETHING!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Lakers4ItAll
07-08-2009, 10:33 AM
McDyess is OLD

masalex1205
07-08-2009, 10:35 AM
It seems like we have a case of the rich getting richer while the poor get poorer. The league has become really top heavy in a manner of a few weeks. It is really disheartening to fans of teams other than the Lakers, Celtics, Magic, Spurs, or Cavaliers.

If my Bobcats could make the cut I would be all for eliminating about 5-8 teams. It would mean the talent would be less spread out and the teams would be a lot better. YOu might even see two superstars like Wade-Lebron or Kobe-Paul play together.

IBleedPurple
07-08-2009, 10:49 AM
This....is....ridiculous

Great move by the Spurs, but I guess the teams that will be favored in Vegas to win it all will be pretty limited this year. Besides, McDyess is a whiner who opted out from the Nuggets. Shame on him

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-08-2009, 10:52 AM
and the warriors and the bobcats and sixers... =(

Jrue Holliday could be a major upgrade with a year of experience. Brand coming back and Speights being a good value last year. If Donte Christmas makes the team as an undrafted free agent they could be fine. They do need to get rid of Kapono (yikes), Dalembert, Green IMO.

BTownTeamsRKing
07-08-2009, 11:05 AM

After the past 7 years, does that surprise u? the knicks are clearing room for Lebron. They arent wasting space on charlie v.

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2009, 11:07 AM
A good pickup for the Spurs. I see the title staying in the Western Conference this upcoming season.

Reddd
07-08-2009, 11:27 AM
He'll strenghten the Spurs, good addition, I guess Orlando is going for Bass now?

arkanian215
07-08-2009, 11:28 AM
great signing by spurs. mcdyess is character and skill. when healthy, he can be an amazing 6th man or your starting pf.

ajj22
07-08-2009, 11:59 AM
He'll strenghten the Spurs, good addition, I guess Orlando is going for Bass now?

i hope so. ever since the trade for vince, the magic have just sat around and done nothing (or so it seems). I would really like to sign Bass.

As for the spurs, I've gotta give a lot of credit to their front office. Seems like every decision they've ever made has been ingenious.