PDA

View Full Version : For the upcoming All-Star game, can people please vote smarter?

miss_francis3
07-07-2009, 09:35 PM
The all star game is begininng to become lame. Its the same damn players and with no excitement. And people vote the same players over and over. I mean lebron, kobe, Howard, paul, wade, pierce and yao i understand but there were actually votes for arenas and mcgrady! I mean come on they were freakin injured. And personally, iverson didn't deserve to go. He destroyed the pistons. This year many players should've went like Deron Williams, David Lee, Kevin Durant, Jamal Crawford, Kevin Martin, and Gerald Wallace(whose underrated and is a athletic freak) and Emeka Okafor(whose average double-doubles ever since he entered the league). I swear if the upcoming all-star game is the same again, they should just cancel the damn thing.

JWO35
07-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Yeah!
Everyone Vote for DaJuan Summers! :D

still1ballin
07-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Bynum for Western Conference starting Center!!!

Jonathan2323
07-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Yao wiil be the center and he will not even play next year. lol

Vinny642
07-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Last year voting scared me, TMac almost got it over Cp3.

IM voting for Peja and Butler and the rest of the Hornets

DCSportsIsPain
07-07-2009, 09:43 PM
This is what happens when fans are allowed to vote multiple times. Or at all.
Fans usually see one team more than five times in a season, their own.
Players and coaches see every team, so they are qualified to vote.
Most fans are not. That is why all star games are a joke.
Good thing it doesn't decide home field advantage like in baseball.

Mile High Champ
07-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Easier said then done..

Hawkeye15
07-07-2009, 09:49 PM
double edge sword. Fan voting is what makes it great, but Yao will be the starter forever, and big market teams will continue to get their crap in over Deron, Al Jefferson, etc. Is what it is

JWO35
07-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I bet Yao still gets a million votes:laugh:

Dncehalldrug
07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Yao wiil be the center and he will not even play next year. lol

Blame the chinese people. Am I wrong?

asandhu23
07-07-2009, 10:00 PM
People vote for monta ellis, stephen curry and anthony randolph

Young2Kinsler
07-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Dirk never starting shows the ASG has zero meaning.

MiamiHeat
07-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Yi Jianlian For The Eastern Starting PF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

static_inferno
07-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Yao will still probably "start" even though he's injured. Chinese people should stop voting for Chinese players just because they're the same race. i understand you're proud of your countrymen, but Yi freaking Jianlian was almost a starting forward in last year's all-star game! perhaps those who are injured shouldn't even be on the ballots. that'll take care of votes such as those for Arenas and T-Mac last year.

THiiRTYONE
07-07-2009, 10:06 PM
The all star game is begininng to become lame. Its the same damn players and with no excitement. And people vote the same players over and over. I mean lebron, kobe, Howard, paul, wade, pierce and yao i understand but there were actually votes for arenas and mcgrady! I mean come on they were freakin injured. And personally, iverson didn't deserve to go. He destroyed the pistons. This year many players should've went like Deron Williams, David Lee, Kevin Durant, Jamal Crawford, Kevin Martin, and Gerald Wallace(whose underrated and is a athletic freak) and Emeka Okafor(whose average double-doubles ever since he entered the league). I swear if the upcoming all-star game is the same again, they should just cancel the damn thing.

AGREEED, but not just that we want to see more highlights like the shaq and chris paul play. :)

NYtilIdie
07-07-2009, 10:06 PM
You seriously didn't know the All-Star game was a popularity contest? It doesn't matter how bad your season is (Iverson) you'll still get voted into the All-Star game if you are star or a big name your guaranteed a vote regardless of injury or not (T-Mac)

Plus people think an All-Star game with K.Martin and Jamal Crawford would be boring cause their not the "dunking" type

Vinny642
07-07-2009, 10:07 PM
AGREEED, but not just that we want to see more highlights like the shaq and chris paul play. :)

loved that play

THiiRTYONE
07-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Yi Jianlian For The Eastern Starting PF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMFAOO WORD YO! let's put sam cassel as starting point guard, umm let me think who else? -.-" crackhead!

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Bynum for Western Conference starting Center!!!

mbenga is better than bynum.

Sportfan
07-07-2009, 10:09 PM
i say psd make a statement. Everyone vote for Scal in the all-star game!

MiamiHeat
07-07-2009, 10:09 PM
You should translate this to chinese
because they have the most power lol
they will vote for every chinese player in the NBA

GoatMilk
07-08-2009, 12:00 AM
no

i'm voting for Eazy Yi alongside China if he's on that ballot

still1ballin
07-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Lets all vote Mark Blount into the ASG!

D_Rose1118
07-08-2009, 12:11 AM
are you a chick miss francis

hahahahha

and yes i know this is crazy i feel bad for the williams and al jeffs of the league who bust their butt but nobody ever sees it

BRICKCITYPIMP12
07-08-2009, 01:01 AM
yea ..even though im a nets fan i dont think it would be cool if like last year yi was a starter because there is so many ppl from china voting for him..lol

Beno7500
07-08-2009, 01:28 AM
its a damn shame that its a popularity contest. there are so many deserving players

kurtismurray
07-08-2009, 01:42 AM
How has Mr. Deron Williams never been an all-star??!!!! :mad:

blackjack_119
07-08-2009, 02:30 AM

Kevin Martin??? Sorry I wasn't voting for him the entire time he was injured. I won't make that mistake again. I'll be sure to vote for players who are hurt but I think would be doing a good job if they were healthy. T-Mac and Yao should get plenty of votes then, right?

RocketsRule
07-08-2009, 02:31 AM
Dirk never starting shows the ASG has zero meaning.

Not when you have Duncan and Garnett playing in front of you ever since you've been drafted. He does have a pretty good chance this year though.

xBLAMEITON24x
07-08-2009, 02:55 AM
Watch out Yi and Yao are definite locks for the allstar game maybe even sun yue will start lol

Kyben36
07-08-2009, 03:19 AM
Im know Im voting for Yi, I think it would be funny as hell for him to even get 5 minutes and let him discrace his hole country.