PDA

View Full Version : Cavs interested in Varejao, Marion or Mcdyess at PF

JordansBulls
07-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Cavs interested in resigning Varejao and have had discussions in signing Marion or Mcdyess

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/109475-cavs-shopping-for-power-forwards?eref=fromSI

So far, the Cavs and Varejao have had some constructive talks. Another they've had interest in, Shawn Marion, likely is headed elsewhere. A league source said Marion may be closing in on a deal with a team, but it isn't the Cavs. Several outlets reported Monday he was nearing a deal with the Dallas Mavericks. The Cavaliers also have been in discussions with Detroit Pistons free agent Antonio McDyess, who is being courted by numerous teams.

S-Dot
07-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I love Marion for that team; I still feel that if they get him though, they should try to find an inexpensive PF or start JJ Hickson at PF. Marion would do better at SF. Move LBJ to the 2 and have Delonte West be one of the best 6th men in the league. Marion can check SG, SF, and PF in the league.

CTown81
07-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Cleveland would love to have Marion but with only the MLE to work with I doubt it will happen. Only chance would be if they chose to do a sign and trade with Varejo but it sounds like the Raps want cap relief back in Stackhouse's contract.

If the Cavs could pull off the sign and trade for Marion and then sign Frye or Kleiza or Bass etc they would be very tough to beat.

I think its a pipedream though.

S-Dot
07-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Cleveland would love to have Marion but with only the MLE to work with I doubt it will happen. Only chance would be if they chose to do a sign and trade with Varejo but it sounds like the Raps want cap relief back in Stackhouse's contract.

If the Cavs could pull off the sign and trade for Marion and then sign Frye or Kleiza or Bass etc they would be very tough to beat.

I think its a pipedream though.

You are right; thats true. It is a business and money talks

NYKnickFanatic
07-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Marion would be a nice fit there, but I see him going to Dallas.
They need to re-sign their big man Varejao. He is a hard worker.
Mcdyess on the other hand, Im not so sure about. If he was backing up Varejao, then I could see that, but not starting.

LA_Raiders
07-07-2009, 05:09 PM
For the MLE only Varejao or McDyes (going to SA) forget about Marion he wont sign for that $$$...

Raps18-19 Champ
07-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Marion is most likely going to Mavs. But what about Parker for Gibson or West.

KaganRS
07-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Cleveland should go with McDyess , he comes the cheapest , will always work hard no matter what , and was easily our best player last year. He avg a double double almost for the vets min .... also comes with a veteran influence and a will to win ... you can't lose with this guy , easily one of my all time faves.

thedfactor
07-07-2009, 06:01 PM
McDyess has always been solid. I still don't know why he didn't go to Denver with Billups last season though. That's besides the point, Cleveland should keep AV too he's decent player with good energy and solid rebounder.

JDizzle
07-07-2009, 06:36 PM
If Cavs get marion I will consider them the fav to win it all so much talent man what a starting lineup.... well i dont know how it would work lebron would have to play PF i guess but it could work.
pg mo
sg west
sf the matrix
pf king james
c shaq

man they would be a fast paced team

dtmagnet
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Either Lebron or Marion could play the PF, they are similar in size and height I believe.

Reversed86Curse
07-07-2009, 06:57 PM
If Cavs get marion I will consider them the fav to win it all so much talent man what a starting lineup.... well i dont know how it would work lebron would have to play PF i guess but it could work.
pg mo
sg west
sf the matrix
pf king james
c shaq

man they would be a fast paced team

Fast, but too small to put on the court every night

bleedprple&gold
07-07-2009, 07:08 PM
McDyess has always been solid. I still don't know why he didn't go to Denver with Billups last season though. That's besides the point, Cleveland should keep AV too he's decent player with good energy and solid rebounder.

I think he thought he had a better chance to win in Detroit. Nobody expected the Nuggets to end up being so much better than the Pistons last year.

brownies23
07-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Marion is most likely going to Mavs. But what about Parker for Gibson or West.

we dont have to trade for parker.the raptors are signin turkoglu for so much money that they will have to relinquish the rights 2 parker,and marion, which will make them free agents.

Trouble87
07-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Antonio McDyess is the best fit for that team if he can stay healthy

ctitus45
07-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Either Lebron or Marion could play the PF, they are similar in size and height I believe.

except ebron is 3 inches taller and weighs about 10-15 lbs more. That is a huge difference!

Hanzinho
07-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Big Baby for Delonte West!!!!

:D