PDA

View Full Version : Lakers worst bench in NBA?

JoeRealist
07-07-2009, 02:12 AM
When the Lakers lose Odom to Portland, you have to take a strong look at their bench and worry.

Walton..Laker fans call him "puke" Walton

Sasha..just straight garbage

Farmar..Meh

Brown..Meh not enough minutes to impact a game

Powell..scrub

Mbenga!..lol no comment.

That's an awful bench. Please let me know if their are other worse benches out there. Than you.

kobelaughsatall
07-07-2009, 02:15 AM
When the Lakers lose Odom to Portland, you have to take a strong look at their bench and worry.

Farmar..Meh

Powell..scrub

Mbenga!..lol no comment.

That's an awful bench. Please let me know if their are other worse benches out there. Than you.
Odom isn't going to portland he is staying in la so it doesn't matter, but anyways no r bench isn't the greatest but when u have guys like kobe and gasol it doesn't matter, which is y we r the 2009 nba champs

Statik1
07-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Katt Williams said it best when it comes to HAAATTTERRRRSS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxxPLDZnqwA

JoeRealist
07-07-2009, 02:21 AM
This isn't a hater thread. It's real talk and a very legit concern. Andrew "glass" Bynum is scheduled to miss 30 games this season.

zsiddiqui23
07-07-2009, 02:22 AM
Katt Williams said it best when it comes to HAAATTTERRRRSS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxxPLDZnqwA

Haha this guy goes around putting the Lakers on blast everywhere he goes. I wonder what team he supports? (I'm guessing someone the Lakers took out :laugh2: )

kb24ap28
07-07-2009, 02:24 AM
http://justamemo.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lakers-2009-champs.jpg

enough said...close thread

Er1c
07-07-2009, 02:25 AM
Haterrrrr hahahahahahhahhahaha

JoeRealist
07-07-2009, 02:26 AM
Nothing but hater comments. Cool.

I've yet to hear a legit answer.

kobelaughsatall
07-07-2009, 02:26 AM
This isn't a hater thread. It's real talk and a very legit concern. Andrew "glass" Bynum is scheduled to miss 30 games this season.

u seem awful concerned about the lakers, and ur not even a laker fan. come dude get a life shouldn't u be concerned about ur own team. they will be fine trust and believe. lakers 2009 champs:moon:

kb24ap28
07-07-2009, 02:28 AM
Nothing but hater comments. Cool.

I've yet to hear a legit answer.

thats cuz this isnt a legit thread

JoeRealist
07-07-2009, 02:30 AM

Coming from you? That means alot..

John408
Portland sucks....he's talkin about bynum, but what has odom done these past two years? hmmmm.

Er1c

mmhm that's why it's unnecessary to have a legit answer.

Teeboy1487
07-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Someone needs a hug. Try drugs. ;)

Statik1
07-07-2009, 02:37 AM
This will get locked once the mods take a look its a pointless thread why is it the NBA forum lol

Teeboy1487
07-07-2009, 02:38 AM
Oh yeah, In before the lock.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-07-2009, 02:44 AM
as a rockets fan there has to be worse benches because they won a championship and the starters were not in for the whole game. i would say shannon brown jordan farmar and josh powell are alright.

JoeRealist
07-07-2009, 02:44 AM
If it doesn't agree with a Laker agenda it's "hater" yet praise to the Lakers means your knowledgable and fair. K got it. Just getting used to how it works.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-07-2009, 02:46 AM
but this forum is whack.

DCB/LAL
07-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Its funny you post this see this is wht Lakers fans say that with a healthy team in 2008 we would of gave Boston a better challenge cause this is almost the exact bench we had for the Finals thanks for making my case man!!:clap:

BigDaddyKaine
07-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Gotta love this guy hating just means Lakers are doing their job

Teeboy1487
07-07-2009, 02:48 AM
If it doesn't agree with a Laker agenda it's "hater" yet praise to the Lakers means your knowledgable and fair. K got it. Just getting used to how it works. If it does not agree on what we agreed on in a previous not agreement while agreeing, Is it fair then?

Statik1
07-07-2009, 02:51 AM
If it doesn't agree with a Laker agenda it's "hater" yet praise to the Lakers means your knowledgable and fair. K got it. Just getting used to how it works.

The NBA forum is one place where your threads have to have legitimacy to them. If you would of actually thought it out and really put your words together and made a thread with some substance rather then just showing your hate towards one team then this thread wouldn't be in the shape it is now. What did you really expect to get out of making a opening statement like that??? :eyebrow: Unless this is a complete attempt Troll (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/Zheel/successful-troll-is-successful.jpg?t=1246949459) then its pretty obvious

S.J.Basketball
07-07-2009, 02:53 AM
Wow. Total troll and failure of a thread. It's honestly hard for me to believe he can't understand how stupid this thread is. Logic isn't your strong suit.

zachattach
07-07-2009, 02:56 AM

Farmar..Meh

Powell..scrub

Mbenga!..lol no comment.

No need to be concerned. Each of those players have roles and they play their roles well for this Lakers team. Its not often that you'll see a line up of Farmar, Sasha, Luke, Powell and Dj (unless we are blowing a team out)

So even though you chose to degrade each of those players they have proven to be a part of the team that beat some pretty damn good other teams, on there way to becoming the 2009 Champions.

Oh ya and ODOM will be back in purple and gold

Teeboy1487
07-07-2009, 02:56 AM
Wow. Total troll and failure of a thread. It's honestly hard for me to believe he can't understand how stupid this thread is. Logic isn't your strong suit. I really hope the op did not take this thread seriously. If he did, :pity:.

S.J.Basketball
07-07-2009, 02:57 AM

This is your conclusion? You're a fool. If you wanna get used to things get on your knees and suck my dick you little F@gget.

Yea it's worth the infraction/ban. I'll be back.

xBLAMEITON24x
07-07-2009, 03:01 AM
Yea this guy is a hater but it doesn't matter let him think what he wants lakers going 2 be the champs with the worst bench

Oh Odom is not going to Portland or any other team than LA

JoeRealist
07-07-2009, 03:04 AM
This is your conclusion? You're a fool. If you wanna get used to things get on your knees and suck my dick you little F@gget.

LOL internet tough guy.

S.J.Basketball
07-07-2009, 03:09 AM
LOL internet tough guy.

Actually I probably could beat the crap out of you, but that's not even the point. I just don't care. I'll get an infraction/ban. Serve it out and it's worth it. You're a moron.

lakerboy
07-07-2009, 03:09 AM
Look what Lamar2006 said to this idiot in the Laker forum

why dont you go give j.r smith his conjugal visit.

JoeRealist
07-07-2009, 03:11 AM
Actually I probably could beat the crap out of you, but that's not even the point. I just don't care. I'll get an infraction/ban. Serve it out and it's worth it. You're a moron.

LOL I'm glad it's worth it too you. It makes you sound alot more tougher;)

GSW fan
07-07-2009, 03:13 AM
it is a legit question, but leave it alone. they obviously don't have a horrible bench. everybody on their bench fights and hustles when they're in so its not a problem for them.

get ready to be bashed all night by laker "fans" because the mods are sleepin

S.J.Basketball
07-07-2009, 03:15 AM
LOL I'm glad it's worth it too you. It makes you sound alot more tougher;)

How's the taste in your mouth?

Gnac76
07-07-2009, 03:16 AM
I would be surprised if the lakers didnt sign n e one for the veterans minimum But ya they should be fine next year.

Teeboy1487
07-07-2009, 03:18 AM
Actually I probably could beat the crap out of you, but that's not even the point. I just don't care. I'll get an infraction/ban. Serve it out and it's worth it. You're a moron. Don't go there with him. Your words are too good for him. Lets not respond to this "special" poster with his "wonderful insight". :)

Teeboy1487
07-07-2009, 03:23 AM
it is a legit question, but leave it alone. they obviously don't have a horrible bench. everybody on their bench fights and hustles when they're in so its not a problem for them.

get ready to be bashed all night by laker "fans" because the mods are sleepin The Mods are sleeping on the job again? Don't that remind you of something. :D

pete_one
07-07-2009, 03:24 AM

L'z Up!

bolts4ever
07-07-2009, 04:06 AM

Farmar..Meh

Powell..scrub

Mbenga!..lol no comment.

I'll aswer like this, First from all the reports I'm hearing it is more likely Lamar Odom is staying in LA.

BUT 2 AnSWER UR QUESTION WITHOUT BEING A HOMER

1.) HOw U Forget just 1 yr ago when they lost to BOSTON this same bench was well thought to be the best bench in the NBA prior to aquiring shannon brown!

2.) Its not like were are sending them all in 2gether. LA Lakers are so versitile be throw in different players at different stints of games with some STARTERS. For balance.

3.) Yes! They had a bad year but do realize the 2 impact players FARMAR and SASHA were both injured 4 a lot of da year FARMAR had KNEE surgery SASHA had ankle problems and 4 a shooter I think ankles are pretty important.

SO!! When they sign ODOM back and they WILL!! They actually will have one of da top BENCHES in da LEAGUE.

THAT'S A LEGIT ANSWER!!!!!!!

*Superman*
07-07-2009, 04:11 AM
Breaking news part 3???

breedlove2drug
07-07-2009, 04:13 AM

Farmar..Meh

Powell..scrub

Mbenga!..lol no comment.

Hey man. How did denver do in the conference finals? Oh, I totally forgot. They lost to the lakers who then went on becoming champs. My bad dude.. my bad..

lewis
07-07-2009, 04:19 AM
1) The Laker's bench will be below average if they lose their best bench player, Odom.

2) Many Laker fans are easily angered over almost nothing, and even resort to homophobic name calling when you insult their bench (the low point of this already sad thread). Unfortunately, this is the nature of internet forums, and as long laker fans are so easily angered, people like Joe will be there to bait them.

3) JoeRealist is a Laker hater/troller. As evidence, you began your post by stating "When Odom goes to Portland" as if it is inevitable. Nobody knows where Odom will go. If you were being objective, or not attempting to troll, you would have just said "If Odom signs somewhere else".

What you are doing, Joe, is the equivalent of a little brother sticking his finger in his sister's face and saying "Im not touching you!"

This is not nearly as bad of an offense as the poster dropping the homophobic slur, but still pretty sad.

breedlove2drug
07-07-2009, 04:24 AM
1) The Laker's bench will be below average if they lose their best bench player, Odom.

2) Many Laker fans are easily angered over almost nothing, and even resort to homophobic name calling when you insult their bench (the low point of this already sad thread). Unfortunately, this is the nature of internet forums, and as long laker fans are so easily angered, people like Joe will be there to bait them.

3) JoeRealist is a Laker hater/troller. As evidence, you began your post by stating "When Odom goes to Portland" as if it is inevitable. Nobody knows where Odom will go. If you were being objective, or not attempting to troll, you would have just said "If Odom signs somewhere else".

What you are doing, Joe, is the equivalent of a little brother sticking his finger in his sister's face and saying "Im not touching you!"

This is not nearly as bad of an offense as the poster dropping the homophobic slur, but still pretty sad.
Wow... well said.. I respect that

KaganRS
07-07-2009, 04:34 AM
wowwwww this thread got nasty

junion
07-07-2009, 04:40 AM
IF the lakers don't get odom back, i'm sure they're going to sign a vet.

i'd say the laker bench would be average, around 10-18th in the nba. there are a lot of other teams with weaker benches. usually the teams filled with stars have poor benches. the way the games are played, usually the bench isn't cleared up unless there's a blowout - kind of like game 6 of the western conference finals '09

also the lakers won the championship with this "weak bench", and the year before that, people were saying the celtics had a "weak bench" too.

this would be a good thread if the first line wasn't "when portland gets odom" - you know the rules... link.

BoltLakerPadre
07-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Don't worry about it. We have a Championship team, and a bunch of "scrubs" with Championship talent.

Winning breeds haters.

LakeShowRaider
07-07-2009, 05:08 AM
BREAKING NEWS! Another delusional NBA fan hates the Lakers and starts one of the already million present pointless threads that are based on no facts and only haterism!

UPDATE! I would be mad too if I wasn't a Lakers fan.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Lakers have the best team in the NBA, but the worst fans. Take it or leave it.

GspLAL
07-07-2009, 05:13 AM

Yeah, I mean calling our bench the 'worst' when it isn't sure won't trigger people calling you a hater, calling Bynum "glass" and saying hes gonna miss 30 games this season won't get people to call you a hater either :rolleyes:

_KB24_
07-07-2009, 05:24 AM
Our bench was crap last year. As of now, our bench is really bad. But definitely not the worst. Just look at the Thunder and Nets bench

lakers sqaud
07-07-2009, 05:36 AM
heck we have a decent bench so dont worry about what joeunrealist says....we r the champs & as sweet as it is,we dont have 2 rub it into other fans....just take a deep breath & put yourself above people like this, my fellow laker fans~!

WoodbridgeSkins
07-07-2009, 05:38 AM
LAs bench is extremely weak, but you still have the best team in the NBA. Stop complaining and enjoy your title.

kblo247
07-07-2009, 05:44 AM
All I have to say is lets do a ring count excluding Odom

Sasha - 1
Jordan - 1
Mbenga - 1
Powell - 1
Brown - 1
Walton - 1

That sorry bench has more bling and from being actual winners than some of your sorry *** teams will ever have

Champions >>>>> chumps any day of the week and twice on Sunday

BlondeBomber41
07-07-2009, 07:17 AM
^ Dumbest post ever. Might as well bring back Medvedenko, he has three rings I believe.

Most of you Laker fans are freakin dumb. The guy has a legitimate point and you spend all this time and effort calling him out on it because his view on something regarding the Lakers isnt all positive?

He is right, if the Lakers lose Odom the bench takes a huge hit. There is not another player on the bench that you could trust as even a decent 6th man. Walton has his moments and so does Sasha and Shannon Brown, but overall without Odom its a very weak bench.

Im sure that some good players will sign on and join the Lakers before the season is over so they can coat tail it like Rasheed or Artest.

Lakermania33
07-07-2009, 07:34 AM

Yes it is another hater thread. You are an idiot. Everything that you post is about how awful the Lakers are. Weren't you a Suns fan or something? How is that working out? What source do you have that says Portland will sign Odom, please provide link. You have no credability and nothing about you says Real or Realist.

dee279
07-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Lamar will stay so no they dont. I would actually say that the worst bench goes to Sacramento since a lot of there starters suck as well.

dee279
07-07-2009, 07:47 AM

Farmar..Meh

Powell..scrub

Mbenga!..lol no comment.

Also Farmar is not that bad, Brown will get more minutes since they lost Ariza, powell is a consistent mid range shooter, Sasha with more minutes can come back to form with Ariza gone and Mbenga well also no comment but he doesnt really play much if at all.

LakersIn5
07-07-2009, 07:48 AM
our bench may not be the best but our starting 5 definitely can make up for it

Brooke
07-07-2009, 07:49 AM
hating on the Lakers again I see which is why I can't take this thread seriously

JJ81
07-07-2009, 08:07 AM
...yet they won a championship with that bench.

DCSportsIsPain
07-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Orlando has 8 players signed. They have the worst bench in the NBA right now by virtue of not even having the required 8 bench players. Next question.

Nighthawk
07-07-2009, 08:58 AM
How is this hating. He didnt say the Laker suck. He said the bench is cause for concern. And dont tell me you dont need a bench. You guys dont have one threat coming off your bench. Not one name worries me. Odom is gone. Portland will throw em the bank and L.A wont

Nighthawk
07-07-2009, 09:02 AM
All I have to say is lets do a ring count excluding Odom

Sasha - 1
Jordan - 1
Mbenga - 1
Powell - 1
Brown - 1
Walton - 1

That sorry bench has more bling and from being actual winners than some of your sorry *** teams will ever have

Champions >>>>> chumps any day of the week and twice on Sunday

Greatest post ever...hahha OMG i want MBENGA NOW HE HAS A RING.. THATS EXPERIENCE WE NEED LOL!!! Wheres Mark Madsen. I need his experience he has a ring!!!!

Come on who on that list you named even made a smidge of impact for the lakers title. Its like me saying well scal and tony allen and pruitt have rings. I dont care they still suck and i want better players

ottograham14
07-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Umm I think everyone is forgetting one thing about the Lakers bench...............Adam Morrison is there from that Radmanovich trade. So umm yeah saying that they do not have any fire power is just dumb.

Way not to waste your time Laker fans in putting up any replies on the actual subject but instead saying Haters 50 times and and telling a mod to close the thread.

I don't even know why I try reading Laker subject post anymore. The guy wasn't hating on the Lakers he just said it might have been reason for concern. Just answer the post and maybe everyone would see it from your guys points instead of just thinking that you all are just the regular Laker fans.

cHi8DaL5LA420
07-07-2009, 09:08 AM
what an idiotic thread.... joerealist your not a realist your just a straight idiot trying to make yourself feel better after the lakers bench whipped the denver nuggets so called best bench in the nba... get a life you ****in fagget... and keep your idiotic comments to yourself... go worry about your own team...if the lakers bench is bad as you are saying they would not even have made the playoffs.... people like you just need to keep there mouths shut becuz they dont know **** about sports or anything they are talking about... go suck your mamas **** you *****

cHi8DaL5LA420
07-07-2009, 09:11 AM
byt the way we just signed shannon brown to a 2 year extension... exellent move... i dont know if you guys know but shannon was in chicago and they said that was most talent they have seen in a people since michael jordan... they got rid of him becuz they felt he was uncoachable...we seen what brown is capapble of doing... o ya thats right we have the worst bench in the nba... sorry gusy but that ***** joerealist is really pizzing me off he has no idea whatthe **** he is talking about...like i said about go suck your mamas **** you ****in pussyy

ottograham14
07-07-2009, 09:25 AM
byt the way we just signed shannon brown to a 2 year extension... exellent move... i dont know if you guys know but shannon was in chicago and they said that was most talent they have seen in a people since michael jordan... they got rid of him becuz they felt he was uncoachable...we seen what brown is capapble of doing... o ya thats right we have the worst bench in the nba... sorry gusy but that ***** joerealist is really pizzing me off he has no idea whatthe **** he is talking about...like i said about go suck your mamas **** you ****in pussyy

That might be the worst post I have ever read in my life.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap:

Really. You get the really award for the day. Where people just read your post and go.......................really.

king4day
07-07-2009, 09:42 AM

It is though. You should have worded it differently instead of singling out one team.

king4day
07-07-2009, 09:44 AM

Servicable role player. He did play a big part in LA's title run.
This won't provide any more respect to the bench though. If they resign Odom, then they're in good shape.