PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James says he will stay with Cavs

ematz1423
07-07-2009, 01:59 AM
Lebron told Trevor Ariza that he plans on resigning with the Cavs in an attempt to get Ariza to back out of the Houston deal and sign with the Cavs. Now that doesn't really mean its set in stone so my question is do you think it was just a tool to recruit Ariza so the Cavs will be better or do you truly feel he will stay?

Link:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4310284

KG2TB
07-07-2009, 02:03 AM
It's bad business either way. If you commit to a team and then leave for another one, that's pretty ******. Plus the Cavs can only offer the MLE. I'm not positive, but didn't he get more than that from the Rockets? Also, for the sake of argument, if Ariza joins the cavs, and the cavs flop, shaq doesn't cut it, and they're bounced early in the playoffs do you really think James is gonna stay just because he told Ariza he would? However, I have stated for some time that LBJ will stay in Cleveland and there's no chance he leaves. So yeah, I do believe him.

abe_froman
07-07-2009, 02:13 AM
wow,if true that changes the whole offseason...next offseason

and really really gotta suck to be a knicks fan after hearing this

JoeRealist
07-07-2009, 02:17 AM
wowwwwww. Great news!!! Ariza in Cleveland would be disgusting. He would be coming off the bench but playing starter minutes. Simiiar to Lamar Odom. LeBron would play alot of minutes at the 4.

hahaha Byeeeee Knicks!!!

desertlakeshow
07-07-2009, 02:19 AM
I think Lebron is gone.

Ariza comes, they do not win the finals shaq or not.

Ariza does not come, 2010 comes along and the team is empty-gone

I do not envy the cavs lot.

Best case, they win the title next year (which would make me cry) then shaq retires (or does not and is almost 40) and Lebron stays with team which falls apart underneath him

I do not envy his position.

cmstophe
07-07-2009, 02:29 AM
I think Lebron is gone.

Ariza comes, they do not win the finals shaq or not.

Ariza does not come, 2010 comes along and the team is empty-gone

I do not envy the cavs lot.

Best case, they win the title next year (which would make me cry) then shaq retires (or does not and is almost 40) and Lebron stays with team which falls apart underneath him

I do not envy his position.

I dont like insulting people, but you're an idiot. There is so much ignorant drivel in this relatively small post that I don't even know where to begin.

JoeRealist
07-07-2009, 02:31 AM
I dont like insulting people, but you're an idiot. There is so much ignorant drivel in this relatively small post that I don't even know where to begin.

x2.

But he's a Laker fan. WHat do you expect?

DCB/LAL
07-07-2009, 02:35 AM
Great News for the Cavs!!! Bad News for New York first Wade now Lebron OUCH!!! Still can bank on Bosh?? Amare?? They'll deff get someone.

JerseysFinest
07-07-2009, 03:19 AM
I wonder who Rod Thorn and Kiki Vandeweghe feel right at this moment.

abe_froman
07-07-2009, 03:23 AM
I wonder who Rod Thorn and Kiki Vandeweghe feel right at this moment.

*how

but they do have some good young players(harris,lopez,lee) so i'm sure its no where near what walsh is

MaHaRaJaH
07-07-2009, 03:31 AM
Either way _money talks_

Trouble87
07-07-2009, 03:38 AM
any sign of the 2010 plans of NY not coming through and the haters come out the woodwork

like MaHaRaJaH said... money talks

hoop talk
07-07-2009, 03:39 AM
Damn, you beat me to the post

I think Ariza reconsiders going to Houston because come on now look at them.

Ariza joinning the Cavs is great as far as talent wise, only thing is how will the rotation or starting line-up work? Either way I think it works out and if no ring they still got 20mill off the books. Win-Win Situation

FaceDown91
07-07-2009, 03:39 AM
as much as i want to believe this so that NY could stfu, this does not mean **** until lebron gives his sig in the dotted in. Otherwise all this talking is BS IMO

S.J.Basketball
07-07-2009, 03:44 AM
Yea he's gonna stay until JayZ offers him a EVERYTHING including his wife Beyonce every time he scores over 30 points.

FaceDown91
07-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Yea he's gonna stay until JayZ offers him a EVERYTHING including his wife Beyonce every time he scores over 30 points.

sorry but i secretly got the deal in for beyonce a year ago :D.

http://www.vivagoal.com/images/wallpapers/Beyonce-4.jpg

:drool:

*Superman*
07-07-2009, 03:49 AM
Facedown gotta use the new sig my brother. :D

EastCoastBaller
07-07-2009, 03:54 AM
This is the biggest reason why no one has sign with the Cavs yet... Because everyone is worrying about LeBron future but for me LeBron well be staying with Cavs... Knicks fans keeps on talking about how LeBron could be a Knick in 2010... LeBron has never mentioned he has interested with NY... Many of you guys listen to the media too much specially all you Knicks fans... LeBron well probably get a 5 Years 150 Million deal with Cavs... Maybe even more but in the end let's just wait and see how this plays out.

EastCoastBaller
07-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Would you guys pay L. James 30 Million Per Year?

Phxtoday
07-07-2009, 04:22 AM
Would you guys pay L. James 30 Million Per Year?

Yes. :cheers:

in an instant.

FaceDown91
07-07-2009, 04:24 AM
Facedown gotta use the new sig my brother. :D

oh i forgot, yea im down with that sig :D

ElMarroAfamado
07-07-2009, 04:30 AM
im sure hes just lying
but hes a moron for saying this becuz he is not going to hear the end of it
after he leaves

sturge
07-07-2009, 05:33 AM
I wouldnt read to much into it, whilst i still doubt that Lebron comes to NY, to take this quote serious is stupid. The guy is hardley gonna say to Arizia na mate im out of here next year please sign!

WoodbridgeSkins
07-07-2009, 05:54 AM

Lebron would average 50+PPG in that case.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-07-2009, 05:57 AM
I wouldnt read to much into it, whilst i still doubt that Lebron comes to NY, to take this quote serious is stupid. The guy is hardley gonna say to Arizia na mate im out of here next year please sign!

I respect your words as a Knicks fan. Most of them will throw a tantrum if you tell them that Lebron won't be a Knick. I totally agree with you that Lebron saying he will stay in Cleveland is just BS to lure FAs. Look at all the verbal agreements that are broken in sports from the pros down to the college level.

solelimited
07-07-2009, 06:05 AM
To me, No dissrespect to the people of cleveland, but LeBron tried to lure some vets to play for the cavs, but no vets want to play in cleveland. They had to fly out to LA to talk to Ron Artest and he picked Kobe. I think if he was in NY more free veterans would come help him win a title.

dee279
07-07-2009, 06:31 AM
He might be just trying to Lure Ariza to the Cavs

dee279
07-07-2009, 06:45 AM
To me, No dissrespect to the people of cleveland, but LeBron tried to lure some vets to play for the cavs, but no vets want to play in cleveland. They had to fly out to LA to talk to Ron Artest and he picked Kobe. I think if he was in NY more free veterans would come help him win a title.

Mostly older Vets are just trying to get a ring and Cleveland skill wise looks very enticing. If i was Ron Artest, i would have went to the lakers too becuz he cant hold Kobe. Battier played Kobe mostly in the playoffs and when Ron held him, well Kobe most the time scored. Also, alot of Vets would love to maybe not play in Cleveland but they would love to play with Lebron.

JordansBulls
07-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Then all Lebron needs would be Bosh to go there after Shaq's contract expires.

ldawg
07-07-2009, 08:24 AM
verbal agreement is good is gone. So what makes Lebrons statement any different? Boozer, Hedo and now Ariza that is bad business hands down. As a man how can you take thier word on anything. Lebron know that cavs is not the team for him don't bs people to come play with you and your gone in 1 to 3 years. It obvious your team has a short goal plan. This team changes players very often so going there its only a one year thing two at most. So you just might get traded to the thunder next year if they don't win a title.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-07-2009, 08:55 AM
when it all goes down lebron is gonna be a good athlete who got sucked into seeing his self on espn everyday as the "air" to the throne.Feeding into his own hype.......4 rings and counting play catch up before you proclaim urself as "King"

ottograham14
07-07-2009, 08:56 AM
It's bad business either way. If you commit to a team and then leave for another one, that's pretty ******. Plus the Cavs can only offer the MLE. I'm not positive, but didn't he get more than that from the Rockets? Also, for the sake of argument, if Ariza joins the cavs, and the cavs flop, shaq doesn't cut it, and they're bounced early in the playoffs do you really think James is gonna stay just because he told Ariza he would? However, I have stated for some time that LBJ will stay in Cleveland and there's no chance he leaves. So yeah, I do believe him.

That is all that the Rockets offered him too but for 5 years. It was said that the Cavs offered Ariza the exact same deal but he chose Houston first on a quick decision. It has said though that it was before he found out about Yao, Tracy, and Artest all not being here. I think Ariza was so hurt after the LakeShow didn't show him the contract he thought he deserved that he made a quick decision and a bad one. This happens in sports.

Also to do with Lebron's statement, don't read to much in to this. Once again just because the source came from ESPN and a person close to Ariza does not mean its true. All speculation. Until Lebron says that I am staying and also signs a contract extension as a Cavs fan I'm not to interested.

Also I would just take Lebron saying in an interview that I am staying with Cleveland after 2010 and 2011. He does not have to sign an extension this summer. I can wait till next year. I for one can "think" that I can believe his word due to the fact that he would not pull a Boozer to the city of Cleveland.

ottograham14
07-07-2009, 08:58 AM
when it all goes down lebron is gonna be a good athlete who got sucked into seeing his self on espn everyday as the "air" to the throne.Feeding into his own hype.......4 rings and counting play catch up before you proclaim urself as "King"

Seriously get a life kid. Either post on the subject or don't. Don't post your bias piece of ****. We get it Kobe has 4 rings. He is a great player, top 3 of new millenium with Duncan, and Shaq. Stop trying to hate and grow up woman.

IndiansFan337
07-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Either way _money talks_

The Cavs can offer him the most when he becomes a F/A.

S-Dot
07-07-2009, 09:22 AM

The media gave him that name; let's not hate on King James.

Now to be on topic, I don't blame LBJ for telling Ariza that; this is a business at the end of the day, and he knows he has to do whatever it takes to contend with Boston, LAL, San Antonio, and Orlando improving.

DCSportsIsPain
07-07-2009, 09:22 AM
LeBron made this statement when the Cavs were trying to sign Ariza. If he had said he was leaving, then Ariza would not have even considered signing with Cleveland.

LeBron will go where the money is. He isn't taking $20M Per Season from Cleveland when Kobe just got $28M Per Season from the Lakers.

ottograham14
07-07-2009, 09:28 AM
LeBron made this statement when the Cavs were trying to sign Ariza. If he had said he was leaving, then Ariza would not have even considered signing with Cleveland.

LeBron will go where the money is. He isn't taking $20M Per Season from Cleveland when Kobe just got $28M Per Season from the Lakers.

Cleveland can match any offer that any other team hands him next year. Next time you post about what the Cavs can offer him do some actual research and not just think it. Cavs can offer him league max, and offer another star next year a lot. Remember they have Z coming off books, and Shaq. Do some research and see how much money that is. Good call though on your numbers..........:eyebrow::eyebrow:

steelcityroller
07-07-2009, 09:30 AM
I don't understand what all the Cleveland fans are so happy about with this news. All this says to me is that Lebron wants more help this upcoming season. Him telling Trevor Ariza that he is gonna remain a Cav means nothing in my opinion. Athletes change their minds all the time.

prodigy
07-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Lebron is not carlos boozer, Lebrons word means something. Lebron never wanted to leave, He just wants the front office to work longer and harder on getting the best talent around him.

Eicholtz
07-07-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't think the personal endorsements will matter. If someone wants to leave they will leave regardless of what someone says. I know these are different people and different caliber athletes but remember when Elton Brand and Baron Davis supposedly were on the same page? We know how that turned out. Davis was left holding the bag all by his lonesome. It is all talk right now. People need to relax and just see how it plays out because it looks like some people are taking this **** a little too serious. Your fan a not a GM chill.

prodigy
07-07-2009, 09:34 AM

:clap: lol, You ever hear of the larry bird rights? look it up.

The ChILL
07-07-2009, 09:43 AM
This is just all talk. Remember when Kobe stated "Get your Chicago jerseys ready" or something along those lines. Athletes will say whatever is required to get their way....

king4day
07-07-2009, 09:48 AM
According to Chris Broussard from ESPN The Magazine, LeBron James told Ariza he would remain with the Cavaliers past 2010.

Even that wasn't enough to get Ariza, who verbally committed to join the Rockets last Thursday, to change his mind and go to Cleveland.

Not sure if this part was posted, but it looks like this was done prior to him signing with the Rockets, not after. So he's commited to Houston.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
07-07-2009, 09:48 AM
If he is definetly going to stay why doesn't he just sign an extension? He obviously has leaving in the back of his mind, I wouldn't be so confident...yet.

Hustla23
07-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Lebron is not carlos boozer, Lebrons word means something. Lebron never wanted to leave, He just wants the front office to work longer and harder on getting the best talent around him.

I'm so glad we have Lebron's personal advisor here on PSD telling us how everything's going down :rolleyes:

I don't want to speculate about anything but you have to look at things from a reasonable perspective.

There's reasonable and unreasonable suspicion to believe that Lebron will or won't stay in Cleveland.

He says New York's his favorite city. He says the garden is the best place to play.

He grew up in Ohio. He's got family in Cleveland.

This single quote doesn't mean anything when compared to the general framework of what's going on. What's Lebron going to say. "Hmmm, get back to me on that one?"

Come on fellas , use your heads.

I hardly think Lebron's going anywhere but nobody can pretend like they know what's going to happen.

Just wait till 2010. All shall be answered.....

RaysFan
07-07-2009, 09:56 AM

Artest didn't pick "Kobe". He picked playing in L.A. Cleveland can't compete with that. Ariza would of been a Cav if they offered him the starting position.

prodigy
07-07-2009, 09:56 AM
If he is definetly going to stay why doesn't he just sign an extension? He obviously has leaving in the back of his mind, I wouldn't be so confident...yet.

Well a couple reasons Off the top of my head.

1. He wants his gear to keep selling at a high rate in NY thinking he's going their.

2. He loves everyone talking about him.

BTW- lebron was just in a J-Z video. So theirs another reason why he does not need to be in NY. J-Z should have said ''come to NY then ill put you in a video''.

S-Dot
07-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Well a couple reasons Off the top of my head.

1. He wants his gear to keep selling at a high rate in NY thinking he's going their.

2. He loves everyone talking about him.

BTW- lebron was just in a J-Z video. So theirs another reason why he does not need to be in NY. J-Z should have said ''come to NY then ill put you in a video''.

It's "Jay-Z" guys and they've been friends and business partner since LeBron was drafted back in '03. The NY thing has nothing to do with their relationship; they're cool w/ each other regardless.

RaysFan
07-07-2009, 10:05 AM

Because if he doesn't sign an extension right away he keeps his power. Once he signs the extension, the team has all the leverage. He wants to make sure Cleveland continues to spend every resource they have into making their team championship material.

prodigy
07-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm so glad we have Lebron's personal advisor here on PSD telling us how everything's going down :rolleyes:

I don't want to speculate about anything but you have to look at things from a reasonable perspective.

CLEVELAND

1. 30mill more staying in cleveland.

2. friends and family all here.

3. grew up here living with coaches and what not.

4. Already owns J-Z. J-Z does everything for lebron, so no reason to go their.

5. The FO are puttting good teams around Lebron every year. Next year cavs will offer bosh the max.

6. NY has the same crappy weather ohio does. They also get worse winters.

7. hosted the espy's, SNL, been on late shows, rap video's, many many records. ALL WHILE PLAYING IN CLEVELAND!!!!

8. big time chinese investment groups ready to make lebron ALOT of money!!!

NEW YORK

1. Sell few more shoes.

2. ummmm, wait i got this... play for a worse team?

sorry I can't cant find reasons. Him liking Newyork is not one, he can fly their anytime he wants. If he leaves cleveland, he can't comeback.

philab
07-07-2009, 10:12 AM

There's reasonable and unreasonable suspicion to believe that Lebron will or won't stay in Cleveland.

He says New York's his favorite city. He says the garden is the best place to play.

He grew up in Ohio. He's got family in Cleveland.

This single quote doesn't mean anything when compared to the general framework of what's going on. What's Lebron going to say. "Hmmm, get back to me on that one?"

Come on fellas , use your heads.

I hardly think Lebron's going anywhere but nobody can pretend like they know what's going to happen.

Just wait till 2010. All shall be answered.....

I don't remember the bolded one, but good post anyway.

Like I've said a million times, I really don't care what reports say about LeBron in 2010. No one, not even LeBron, knows where he'll end up.

As a Cavaliers fan, it's better to hear this than something along the lines of the contrary. Still, this doesn't really change my position on the whole subject and I still won't really give a **** about 2010 until June of next year.

Although whether it means anything or not, it's funny to see the "LeBron is SOO gone" camp squirm a bit.

Hustla23
07-07-2009, 10:18 AM
CLEVELAND

5. The FO are puttting good teams around Lebron every year. Next year cavs will offer bosh the max.

7. hosted the espy's, SNL, been on late shows, rap video's, many many records. ALL WHILE PLAYING IN CLEVELAND!!!!

NEW YORK

1. Sell few more shoes.

sorry I can't cant find reasons. Him liking Newyork is not one, he can fly their anytime he wants. If he leaves cleveland, he can't comeback.

Well at the pace Walsh is working at , he can offer Bosh the max too :)

And sorry but I don't think Cleveland without Big Z , Shaq, Pavlovic, Ben, and the other old guys is better than New York with DLee, Chandler, Nate, and the rest of our young guys in addition to the second max FA we can obtain. Other than Mo, who else is there?

I think if Lebron was to be on the Knicks RIGHT NOW, the knicks would be as good as Cleveland.

Like I said, there's pros and cons to both cities. He's more attached to Cleveland but New York is the financial capital of the universe. Do you think Lebron makes more money with his face on a couple of billboards in the main city of Cleveland or with his name and face all over Times Square? You make the call. His endorsements would go through the roof. I didn't even mention the infamous Nike contract clause lol.

But you keep on believing man, you're entitled to it. I don't believe anything. I'm just telling you to not be completely set on thinking that Lebron is definitely staying otherwise you'll be in for a huge disappointment if things don't turn out to be how you imagined.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-07-2009, 10:20 AM
CLEVELAND

NEW YORK

1. Sell few more shoes.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

cmacmath
Okay...2 things about this thread...

First of all Trevor Ariza is not all that great...people want to act like whatever team he goes to is going to win a championship or something when he is simply just a nice role player...he is no different than a James Posey who is a nice player but not an all-star

Secondly, Knicks fans are crazy if we think we are getting LBJ or Wade anyway...I dont know how many times I have to say this...NEITHER ONE IS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!!!!

Would YOU come to a team that had Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries, Wilson Chandler, and Jordan Hill....or would you stay with the team that could pay you $30 million more or go to the team owned by your best friend who has Devin Harris, Courtney Lee, and Brook Lopez....no chance in hell he comes to New York...okay, I take that back...we have about as good a chance of landing him as we did of drafting Ricky Rubio or Steff Curry...how did that work out for us?? We are banking our whole future on landing one of these guys...aka we are going to be a horrible team for the forseeable future...

tr3ymill3r
This all falls at LeBron's feet, this is completely his fault. Do you realize how desperate he sounds now? Tomorrow July 8th is the first day for FA to sign the contracts they verbally agreed on last week, so to me it sounds like he's trying to make an 11th hour pitch and convince players that he's going to stay. Why is nobody in the media blaming LeBron for all of this, the puppet commercials with the NY bird and the 2010 in consideration. If LeBron was for real about staying he would have already signed an extension. If a guy from Cleveland is going to wear a Yanks hat to an Indians game at the Jake, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Everyone knows he's leaving, now he's just being greedy and trying to get 1 ring and bounce. The worse part is no matter where he goes that team is going to be garbage and have to rebuild and retool for 3 years before they are close to Clevelands status again, and NO Wade and LeBron won't team up in NY and even if they do they'll still have 3 other guys on the court with them that have no business being there because Wade and LeBron have half the teams salary cap taken care of between the 2 of them. BLAME IT ON LEBRON

Hustla23
I don't remember the bolded one, but good post anyway.

Like I've said a million times, I really don't care what reports say about LeBron in 2010. No one, not even LeBron, knows where he'll end up.

As a Cavaliers fan, it's better to hear this than something along the lines of the contrary. Still, this doesn't really change my position on the whole subject and I still won't really give a **** about 2010 until June of next year.

Although whether it means anything or not, it's funny to see the "LeBron is SOO gone" camp squirm a bit.

Well I'm really lazy but you could probably just google it. When he was in New York, they basically asked him to rank his favorite cities and New York was #1 and Akron was like 4th or something. But not like that matters either lol.

I feel you man. It must suck to have others constantly tell you that your favorite player/superstar is leaving. But don't take this article as a victory or anything because as you said, reports are valueless at this point.

Until Lebron puts the ink on the paper, everything's up in the air. For what it's worth, I think Lebron stays. Hope that's atleast a little bit comforting :)

Hustla23
07-07-2009, 10:22 AM

First of all Trevor Ariza is not all that great...people want to act like whatever team he goes to is going to win a championship or something when he is simply just a nice role player...he is no different than a James Posey who is a nice player but not an all-star

Secondly, Knicks fans are crazy if we think we are getting LBJ or Wade anyway...I dont know how many times I have to say this...NEITHER ONE IS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!!!!

Would YOU come to a team that had Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries, Wilson Chandler, and Jordan Hill....or would you stay with the team that could pay you $30 million more or go to the team owned by your best friend who has Devin Harris, Courtney Lee, and Brook Lopez....no chance in hell he comes to New York...okay, I take that back...we have about as good a chance of landing him as we did of drafting Ricky Rubio or Steff Curry...how did that work out for us?? We are banking our whole future on landing one of these guys...aka we are going to be a horrible team for the forseeable future...

We're not "banking" on Lebron or Wade coming here. We're freeing up cap space while acquiring young talent so we can offer contracts to many of the talented free agents that are available.

Something we haven't been able to do for more than 10 years.

OG "Dee" LOCc
07-07-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't think the personal endorsements will matter. If someone wants to leave they will leave regardless of what someone says. I know these are different people and different caliber athletes but remember when Elton Brand and Baron Davis supposedly were on the same page? We know how that turned out. Davis was left holding the bag all by his lonesome. It is all talk right now. People need to relax and just see how it plays out because it looks like some people are taking this **** a little too serious. Your fan a not a GM chill.
^This.

Wouldn't it be great if this 2010 talk started yk in, 2010?

NYK|NYY
07-07-2009, 10:25 AM
There is a whole lot of basketball to be played before Lebron has to start thinking about what hes going to do, this really doesn't mean much.

S-Dot
07-07-2009, 10:29 AM

I'm a die-hard knicks fan and i totally agree. I'm crossing my finger for Joe Johnson, Chris Bosh, or Amare at this point (2 out of 3 would be nice)

prodigy
07-07-2009, 10:32 AM

But ohio is lebrons home, NY is not. He would love bosh in cleveland.

And sorry but I don't think Cleveland without Big Z , Shaq, Pavlovic, Ben, and the other old guys is better than New York with DLee, Chandler, Nate, and the rest of our young guys in addition to the second max FA we can obtain. Other than Mo, who else is there?

ben, sasha was never part of this team sorry. Z is getting up their is shaq is only here for 1 year. Mo, west, gibson, hickson, whoever else we sign.

Knicks can't have Lee, Nate, lebron, bosh on the same team. sorry, something called a cap. Lee plays the same postiton as bosh, and he won't be a backup. lee will have to leave, nate will ask for alot of money also. So really you only have chandler( plays SF).

I think if Lebron was to be on the Knicks RIGHT NOW, the knicks would be as good as Cleveland.

Whats the point in going to the knicks if they would be just as good? lol.

Like I said, there's pros and cons to both cities. He's more attached to Cleveland but New York is the financial capital of the universe. Do you think Lebron makes more money with his face on a couple of billboards in the main city of Cleveland or with his name and face all over Times Square? You make the call. His endorsements would go through the roof. I didn't even mention the infamous Nike contract clause lol.

His face is already on time square lol. thanks try again... You won't see lebron in food stamps line anytime soon.

But you keep on believing man, you're entitled to it. I don't believe anything. I'm just telling you to not be completely set on thinking that Lebron is definitely staying otherwise you'll be in for a huge disappointment if things don't turn out to be how you imagined.

I have faith and belief that lebron will do whats right and not sellout. He understands cleveland has givin him the world and are working hard every day to put the best team around him. NY right now are trying to dump their talent just to get the money for lebron.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-07-2009, 10:33 AM

Isn't Lee a FA right now? The way the Knicks are run, you have no idea who will be on your team in a year or two. You both can add Bosh, Cavs are the much better option with Mo and Delonte.

masalex1205
07-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I've been saying this all along. Imagine a superstar leaving his HOMETOWN for money, he'd be one of the most hated athletes in sports.

prodigy
07-07-2009, 10:37 AM
I've been saying this all along. Imagine a superstar leaving his HOMETOWN for money, he'd be one of the most hated athletes in sports.

even more so when his hometown can offer him more money.

P.S. akron is like a few miles southeast of cleveland, still counts as his hometown.

BALLER71
07-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Nick Saban said he would stay with the Dolphins.

29$JerZ
07-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Nick Saban said he would stay with the Dolphins.

And Billy Donovan with Orlando :laugh:

Gibby23
07-07-2009, 10:43 AM
I just read it on ESPN. The only reason Ariza is not a Cav is because they didn't offer him a starting spot.

The Cavs dropped the ball on this one. They should have put West on the bench. He is good and would have been a great 6th man backing up Mo and Ariza. I think he is too short as a starting 2 guard and doesn't play the kind of D Ariza plays.

07-07-2009, 10:44 AM
He's staying regardless. Bank on it.

Lo Porto
07-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Why would he stay in Cleveland? Every elite free agent who could take the MLE passed on Cleveland this year (Artest, Ariza, Rasheed, etc). If they ignored Cleveland this year, what makes anyone think that Bosh, Amare and Wade won't do the same thing next year? LeBron should go to New York to play with Bosh next year. Nash and other vets might even follow and take a big discount.

29$JerZ
07-07-2009, 10:45 AM
I just read it on ESPN. The only reason Ariza is not a Cav is because they didn't offer him a starting spot.

The Cavs dropped the ball on this one. They should have put West on the bench. He is good and would have been a great 6th man backing up Mo and Ariza. I think he is too short as a starting 2 guard and doesn't play the kind of D Ariza plays.

If that's true the GM is a dumbass. Delonte should be the 8th-10th man off the bench.

LakersnDodgers
07-07-2009, 10:49 AM

Exactly dude is a tool! LBJ is gonna play with Bosh next year! but it aint gonna be Cleveland! why would Bosh go from the Toronto to another boring city? LOL,rumor has them both going to NYC next year! they both love Mike D as a coach.Trevor Ariza has said this morning that he is gonna sign with Houston and honor his word.

LakersnDodgers
07-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Artest didn't pick "Kobe". He picked playing in L.A. Cleveland can't compete with that. Ariza would of been a Cav if they offered him the starting position.

No he also picked Kobe,if the Lakers weren't the champs or didn't have Kobe he wouldn't been signing there........cmon

cmacmath
07-07-2009, 10:58 AM
I love my Knicks more than life itself, but we're not getting Lebron...

I would be happy with just getting rid of Eddy Curry to start, I think that would be a bigger accomplishment than landing Lebron...

and if we could do that, then I'd be MORE than happy with a 2010 line up of:

PG - anyone
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Wilson Chandler
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Jordan Hill

But Knicks fans...do me a favor...we always assume that players want to play in NYC cuz of the media and MSG, but name 3 free agents who have EVER come willingly to the New York Knicks...

Allan Houston (who we overpaid for terribly) and thats all I got...

Players actually DON'T like coming to New York because if you have ONE bad game the media bashes the **** out of you and the fans boo you and lets not forget that in our 50 years of existence we have won exactly 2 championships and they were 3 years apart from each other over 30 years ago

F a championship, I would be happy just to make the 2nd round of the playoffs again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GiantMetKnick
07-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Toronto isn't a boring city at all...

But anyway, I think Lebron stays. My guess is he said that semi-sarcastically because it says he said "of course", and its definitely not an "of course" situation. Still, I think he stays in Cleveland. I hope I'm wrong.

LakersnDodgers
07-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Toronto isn't a boring city at all...

But anyway, I think Lebron stays. My guess is he said that semi-sarcastically because it says he said "of course", and its definitely not an "of course" situation. Still, I think he stays in Cleveland. I hope I'm wrong.

If your Bosh and what he is used to it is........

Jahari Kavi
07-07-2009, 11:20 AM
If that's true the GM is a dumbass. Delonte should be the 8th-10th man off the bench.

I agree....besides the Mo Williams trade, Danny Ferry has been a pretty damn awful GM.....now I hear they want to bring Wally Sczerbiak back :rolleyes:

Artest said that cavs ownership didn't even talk to him and now this..........I'm starting to hope that Lebron leaves, lol

ManRam
07-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I don't see how Trevor doesn't go to Cleveland now. I believe LeBron. I've thought he'll stay there forever, it's the best thing for his legacy, his family, etc. Why would anyone want to go to Houston now? Hell, I'd take less money to go to Cleveland, even as young as Ariza is.

Lo Porto
07-07-2009, 11:25 AM
If LeBron doesn't win the East this year, it's already boring in Cleveland. They've been busting their *** the last few years making trades and signings to win a title for the guy and they haven't even made it back to the finals. I'm a fan of the Jazz and the NBA and not a Knicks or Cavs fan. I just think it would be exciting to see LeBron go to New York. He'd also be playing for D'Antoni in a more exciting offense. There would be so much buzz, but in a good way. Would we care that much about Kobe if he played in Charlotte? It would be like when Gretzky went to the Kings or when Shaq went to LA. It would be exciting.

MadBomber
07-07-2009, 11:51 AM
If LeBron doesn't win the East this year, it's already boring in Cleveland. They've been busting their *** the last few years making trades and signings to win a title for the guy and they haven't even made it back to the finals. I'm a fan of the Jazz and the NBA and not a Knicks or Cavs fan. I just think it would be exciting to see LeBron go to New York. He'd also be playing for D'Antoni in a more exciting offense. There would be so much buzz, but in a good way. Would we care that much about Kobe if he played in Charlotte? It would be like when Gretzky went to the Kings or when Shaq went to LA. It would be exciting.

interesting point.

colinskik
07-07-2009, 12:02 PM
CLEVELAND

NEW YORK

1. Sell few more shoes.

I know this is the last thing that should be argued, but how can you say that with a straight face? You are familiar with lake-effect snow, right? NYC ain't near a lake...

xSolidx
07-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Im always amused at how everyone acts like they personally know LeBron and know what hes actually going to do in 2010.

xSolidx
07-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Oh and....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4311048

philab
07-07-2009, 12:10 PM
I feel you man. It must suck to have others constantly tell you that your favorite player/superstar is leaving. But don't take this article as a victory or anything because as you said, reports are valueless at this point.

Until Lebron puts the ink on the paper, everything's up in the air. For what it's worth, I think Lebron stays. Hope that's atleast a little bit comforting :)

Haha, I certainly didn't take this as any victory.

And yeah, it's annoying hearing other constantly say this and that. What's worse is they attack Cleveland and Cleveland fans. "Cleveland's a **** city," "you Cleveland fans are crazy if you think . . . " It's unnecessary.

LeBron's not my favorite player either. I respect the hell out of the guy because he's had crazy media attention since he was 16 and has never said the wrong thing or failed to live up to expectations. For someone with so much put on him, it's really mind-boggling how he's handled everything. And I obviously love watching him play as any basketball fan should. Not my favorite player though.

As far as LeBron in 2010 goes: I don't give a **** right now. Any Cleveland fan older than about 15 shares the sentiment that a championship is the only concern. Obviously keeping LeBron in Cleveland improves the chances a whole lot, but I'm not worried about that right now.

And it's pretty stupid to keep talking about it all the time. LeBron doesn't know where he's going; why do people think they do?

ematz1423
07-07-2009, 12:10 PM
I dont really understand why Knicks fans think Lebron will go there. If he goes anywhere its almost a guarrantee he goes to the Nets who are probably moving to New York soon anyway. He states that Brooklyn was his favorite borough ( I dont know why he would have a favorite borough...) and the Nets are probably moving to Brooklyn. He's also good friends with Jay-Z who happens to be a part owner so if he goes anywhere it would most likely be the Nets and not the Knicks.

JWO35
07-07-2009, 12:11 PM
LeBron James will go to NYC, if the Cavs don't win the Championship this upcoming season....They should trade him before the deadline so they can get something in return :D

philab
07-07-2009, 12:13 PM
I agree....besides the Mo Williams trade, Danny Ferry has been a pretty damn awful GM

Can you explain this?

With the situation of the team when Ferry took over, I think he's done an admirable job. Other than not dealing Szczerbiak at the deadline, I see very few missteps.

sep11ie
07-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Carlos Boozer said the same thing once...

BigDaddyKaine
07-07-2009, 12:34 PM
LeBron is gone

BigDaddyKaine
07-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Carlos Boozer said the same thing once...

Oh man I remember that it was funny as hell:D

29$JerZ
07-07-2009, 12:39 PM
I dont really understand why Knicks fans think Lebron will go there. If he goes anywhere its almost a guarrantee he goes to the Nets who are probably moving to New York soon anyway. He states that Brooklyn was his favorite borough ( I dont know why he would have a favorite borough...) and the Nets are probably moving to Brooklyn. He's also good friends with Jay-Z who happens to be a part owner so if he goes anywhere it would most likely be the Nets and not the Knicks.

It's not even a sure thing if they move to Brooklyn.

Doesn't matter though, his relationship with Jay Z is known but he likes Nate, Mike D'Antoni, NY in general,etc.

Him saying Brooklyn the most would only mean he would probably get a home there if he planned to go to NY.

It's not even 100% that he comes so no need to argue.

prodigy
07-07-2009, 12:41 PM
I know this is the last thing that should be argued, but how can you say that with a straight face? You are familiar with lake-effect snow, right? NYC ain't near a lake...

well I live in cleveland and all we hear is you guys complaining on the weather channel.

I love how people say the city of cleveland is crap. Like NY is so much better crime wise lol. cleveland has good parts and bad parts, like any other place.

BigDaddyKaine
07-07-2009, 12:45 PM

LeBron denies saying he is gonna stay in Cleveland:laugh:

DCSportsIsPain
07-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Cleveland can match any offer that any other team hands him next year. Next time you post about what the Cavs can offer him do some actual research and not just think it. Cavs can offer him league max, and offer another star next year a lot. Remember they have Z coming off books, and Shaq. Do some research and see how much money that is. Good call though on your numbers..........:eyebrow::eyebrow:

Way to miss the point. LeBron is going to get $30M per season, from Cleveland or from elsewhere. The projected hard cap (Luxury Tax Cap) for 2011 is $80 Million. It was $71.15M this year and goes up about $5M per season. So, Cleveland signs LeBron at $30M Per Season, leaving the team $50M to sign or pay 12 other players. It isn't rocket science to know that $50M divided by 12 equals $4.16M, or a lot of minimum contracts. Why 12? Because each team must have eight bench players, in addition to the five starters. LeBron is not being surrounded with talent by these numbers. His agent will be sure to advise him of this. I'm not saying LeBron is going anywhere. I am saying if he gets his, the Cavs are not going to be able to afford to surround him with expensive help, only aging veterans who take less to play with LeBron, like other teams are doing. It might go exactly that way. Dan Gilbert is not paying a massive luxury tax and everybody knows it.

Oh, and by the way, LeBron has a player option, so it isn't an RFA situation. He can either re-sign with Cleveland, play his option year with Cleveland, or test free agency next season. Cleveland does not have match rights. If LeBron opts out, he becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent. There's your research.

colinskik
07-07-2009, 12:55 PM
well I live in cleveland and all we hear is you guys complaining on the weather channel.

I love how people say the city of cleveland is crap. Like NY is so much better crime wise lol. cleveland has good parts and bad parts, like any other place.
What does that even mean? You hear us complaining on the weather channel?? Real quick, upstate NY gets real bad winters (especially the parts on lakes Erie and Ontario, which is the same weather systems Cleveland gets). NYC has pretty moderate winters, one or two big snows a year, sometimes not even that.

Secondly, NY is the safest big city in the nation. Some stats were just released, I really don't care to look them up, go nuts if you'd like to prove me wrong.

Cavs_Fan24
07-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I just wanna say... SCREW YOU KNICKS FANS!!! Good luck going after Bosh in 2010 cuz LeBron aint goin nowhere!!

colinskik
07-07-2009, 12:58 PM
It's not even a sure thing if they move to Brooklyn.

Doesn't matter though, his relationship with Jay Z is known but he likes Nate, Mike D'Antoni, NY in general,etc.

Him saying Brooklyn the most would only mean he would probably get a home there if he planned to go to NY.

It's not even 100% that he comes so no need to argue.
You're crazy if you think LeBron would actually live in BK if he ever came to NYC. Yeah, LeBron's going to find the house of his dreams in Dyker Heights ... c'mon. I'm almost positive Jay-Z doesn't even have a place in BK anymore, although I could be wrong. I know he has a place in one of those hideous all-glass monstrosities on the West Side Highway.

NYtilIdie
07-07-2009, 01:05 PM
as much as i want to believe this so that NY could stfu, this does not mean **** until lebron gives his sig in the dotted in. Otherwise all this talking is BS IMO

Well said same with Wade he says he'll stay, but hasn't signed an extension yet. We say they'll stay, but I haven't seen any big star sign an extension yet we won't know their decision til next summer.

So all we can do is sit and wait.

G-Bear
07-07-2009, 02:02 PM
The reason nobodys signing contract extensions now is too keep themselves flexible for next year, so if an offer comes through which they like the look of they can jump on it.

Nobody on this planet knows what's gonna happen next year. Not LeBron not DWade not Jay-Z not me not you NOBODY so saying anything as if you know is STUPID.

LeBron is denying saying he's sticking with the Cavs to keep himself free from responsibility with whatever choice he makes next year

Hustla23
07-07-2009, 02:08 PM

LeBron denies saying he is gonna stay in Cleveland:laugh:

LOL Who would have thought?

:laugh:

Maybe this deserves it's own thread too.

zsiddiqui23
07-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Can't really trust what anyone says these days..

Raps_Fan15
07-07-2009, 02:12 PM
I'd rather have LeBron be in Cleveland then New York. The Knicks couldn't make the playoffs even if LeBron was there.

GO RAPS GO!

IU Hoosiers 3
07-07-2009, 02:23 PM
I just wanna say... SCREW YOU KNICKS FANS!!! Good luck going after Bosh in 2010 cuz LeBron aint goin nowhere!!

u miss that post a couple ahead of you?? he said he never said that..its all over sportscenter.