PDA

View Full Version : Portland more interested in Odom than Lee?

Highlight
07-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Ken Berger of CBS Sports reports that the Trail Blazers are more interested in signing Lamar Odom than David Lee.
His source described the Blazers pursuit of Odom as "lukewarm", and they aren't going after Andre Miller because of his poor shooting (especially from the perimeter). This contradicts an earlier report by Ric Bucher, but the Blazers aren't going to just sit on $9 million in cap space so it's only a matter of time before they show their hand.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15920813

JordansBulls
07-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Well Portland has the money. If I were them I would go after him. Not sure if he fits at SF though, maybe some firepower off the bench.

If not then start him.

PG Blake
SG Roy
SF Odom
PF Aldridge
C Oden

JJ_JKidd
07-06-2009, 10:06 PM
If Odom leaves the Lakers,,, I doubt that they repeat. PERIOD. Ill bet my pSD account for it. If Odom stays... We better skip the regular season and start the Finals with the Lakers waiting for whoever comes out of the East. :smoking:

Devils05
07-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Of course they'd be more interested in Odom. FA vs RFA.

what54!?
07-06-2009, 10:11 PM
odom would fit there team better. He can play Sf, lee can't. If they got lee they would pay too much for a back-up PF or a undersized C

ManRam
07-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Odom > Lee. There is also incentive to sign Odom just so he doesn't return to LA. He also is a SF/PF, Lee is a PF. They have more of a need a SF by far.

I hope they do sign him. I don't want him going back to LA.

Highlight
07-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Well Portland has the money. If I were them I would go after him. Not sure if he fits at SF though, maybe some firepower off the bench.

If not then start him.

PG Blake
SG Roy
SF Odom
PF Aldridge
C Oden

I think there best bet would be to bring him off the bench. I think Odom would do a great job at running the break with all of Portland's athletic players and it would give them an established post presence off the bench. Not to mention Lamar's defense is underrated in my opinion.

Only downside for Portland is Lamar's jumper is very inconsistent and they're a team that really likes spreading the floor. Portland's offense thrives on spacing and running the break.

KB24PG16
07-06-2009, 10:22 PM
i think the lakers will match any offer given to odom by the blazers. Also i read that ric bucher believes that the blazers are not interested in odom

Hustla23
07-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Good

FNM BOY
07-06-2009, 10:32 PM
i think the lakers will match any offer given to odom by the blazers. Also i read that ric bucher believes that the blazers are not interested in odom

You would say that because you know what happens to the Lakers if Odom leaves:D...you are scared:

lakersrock
07-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Odom isn't a SF. If he was, the Lakers would have started him the entire season. He isn't quick enough on defense and his outside game isn't consistent enough. Odom is a PF through and through.

Highlight
07-06-2009, 10:46 PM

You would say that because you know what happens to the Lakers if Odom leaves:D...you are scared:

I honestly think it's true though. I doubt the Lakers wouldn't match Portland's offer of 9 mil a year. (That's if and when Portland puts that offer on the table). Losing Odom hurts the Lakers too much and the fact that the Lakers already have a tough time with Portland, reassures me that the Lakers will match that offer.

superkegger
07-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Odom may not be as consisent, which is somewhat debatable. I mean, Lee is good, but he's also getting every opportunity on the Knicks, Lamar came off the bench. but Lamar is better, for sure. Plus, if the Blazers got him, the Lakers don't which helps the blazers not just by adding a great piece to their arsenal, but also hurts the lakers, win win for the blazers.

I think Odom would fit there. Though, not sure that Lamar would want to go elsewhere to come off the bench to be honest. I mean sure it would be great for the Blazers, but I wouldn't follow the logic on Lamar's part.

I mean, he's easily starter material. And while he's willing to come off the bench for the Lakers, it was because they were a championship caliber team, they came off a finals loss, and knew they had to figure something out, and coming off the bench made sense, so he did it. Is he willing to do that elsewhere, where the probability of a championship is lower? I doubt it.

Teeboy1487
07-06-2009, 10:54 PM
You would say that because you know what happens to the Lakers if Odom leaves:D...you are scared: Maybe you are the one scared if he stayed which is a good chance. :eyebrow:

xBLAMEITON24x
07-06-2009, 10:55 PM

Agreed!
i think the only way Portland signs Odom if they offer him a starting position and like 12 mil becuz Odom wants to be in LA and if there a chance of Odom actually leaving Mitch will give Odom 10 mil in a heart beat.

well thats my opnion.

KB24PG16
07-06-2009, 10:59 PM
I honestly think it's true though. I doubt the Lakers wouldn't match Portland's offer of 9 mil a year. (That's if and when Portland puts that offer on the table). Losing Odom hurts the Lakers too much and the fact that the Lakers already have a tough time with Portland, reassures me that the Lakers will match that offer.

they are reported to offer them him 8 mil

8mil < 9mil i know... but better chance to win next year lakers>portland

i think odom will stay with lakers

akagiredsuns
07-06-2009, 11:07 PM
If Odom leaves the Lakers,,, I doubt that they repeat. PERIOD. Ill bet my pSD account for it. If Odom stays... We better skip the regular season and start the Finals with the Lakers waiting for whoever comes out of the East. :smoking:

Are you crazy or just high? The Lakers are much better with Artest than with Odom. Odom was as inconsistent as they came, had a monster game here and there, and finally decided to play in the Finals. Artest makes the Lakers tougher cus they will stick him on guys like Lebron, D-Wade, and Melo. Please stop smoking that pot and make a little sense. Odom will get owned by the names I mentioned. Artest will contain them more. Defense wins championships. I'm right and I don't want your PSD account. LOL

SouljahPhil...
07-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Are you crazy or just high? The Lakers are much better with Artest than with Odom. Odom was as inconsistent as they came, had a monster game here and there, and finally decided to play in the Finals. Artest makes the Lakers tougher cus they will stick him on guys like Lebron, D-Wade, and Melo. Please stop smoking that pot and make a little sense. Odom will get owned by the names I mentioned. Artest will contain them more. Defense wins championships. I'm right and I don't want your PSD account. LOL

LOL...
Artest may be better than LO but the lakers won't repeat as champs without odom off the bench...LO played an important part of the bench...Subtract him and you will have powell and mbenga...ugghhhhhhhh..

So in order for Lakers to have a chance of repeating they need to sign LO also...plus odom won't guard the SF position...He always guard PF...

lakers4sho
07-06-2009, 11:41 PM
The Blazers are just trying to get him so that the Lakers won't.

JordansBulls
07-06-2009, 11:43 PM
The Blazers are just trying to get him so that the Lakers won't.

They could use him though. They won't go anywhere with there current team.

superkegger
07-06-2009, 11:48 PM
They could use him though. They won't go anywhere with there current team.

A lot of teams could use Odom. But why would Odom sign with the Blazers to come off the bench, for the same money and role as with the Lakers?

It's not a matter of the Blazers interest, becuase more than anything, it's probably only to keep Odom's price high, so the Lakers don't get another bargain.

ragee
07-06-2009, 11:50 PM

Do note that if the Lakers lose Odom, they will lose two major role players that helped them win the title... Ariza and Odom did a lot for this team... Although Artest is a great defender, you guys have yet to see how he affects the Lakers' team chemistry... Artest may be a tougher defender than Odom but Odom is longer and can play different positions which creates match up problems... He is also a great rebounder... I think the Lakers should do everything they can to keep Odom... If he leaves, it will definitely hurt them and probably cost them the chance for a repeat...

Hellcrooner
07-06-2009, 11:55 PM
ok take him at 12 millon and as you only have 9 million of cap space send us rudy back, the typycal false pg whi is long and really a sg that phil loves in teh triangle...

Kakaroach
07-06-2009, 11:58 PM
I would take Odom over Lee. I'd only offer him like a max of a 3 year contract though, nothing more than that.

Bruno
07-06-2009, 11:59 PM
A lot of teams could use Odom. But why would Odom sign with the Blazers to come off the bench, for the same money and role as with the Lakers?

It's not a matter of the Blazers interest, becuase more than anything, [/B][/B]it's probably only to keep Odom's price high, so the Lakers don't get another bargain.

Portland would be the team to do this too; I believe it was just last year they sent out a threatening email to every other franchise about signing Darius Miles.

superkegger
07-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Portland would be the team to do this too; I believe it was just last year they sent out a threatening email to every other franchise about signing Darius Miles.

You say that with some kind of disdain for the Blazers, as if every other team wouldn't have gone to the same lengths to keep Miles off their payroll.

It's simply a smart move by Portland. Why let one of your biggest rivals keep one of their best players for cheap? It's just the smart thing to do. It's not like the Lakers can call their bluff on this one and let Lamar go.

zsiddiqui23
07-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Lamar loves LA (not just the Lakers, but the city). What the hell is there to do in Portland anyways? Go fishing?

JM09
07-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Odom is done for in LA. Artest wants that starting spot, odom thinks he has it cuz ariza is gone. Odom in LA is done, and plus, odom picks and chooses when to play. He's a half ***** lazy player with tons of talent. What a waste of talent

desertlakeshow
07-07-2009, 01:57 AM
^ I think you are mistaken. Odom is more effective at PF than SF. Ariza is replaced by Artest, this is at least a wash (I think the lakers are up huge here).

I hope portland does offer Odom an 8-9 million dollar a year contract. This would end the speculation, the lakers would meet or top the offer and we could move on.

I do not think Dr. Buss is going to lose Odom to the Blazers for a million bucks difference.

Not gonna happen.

Blazers offer 13-14 million then maybe.

pippsux
07-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Come on Portland make it happen. You wanted to offer "Turkish Jordan" $10m, go get Odom. Better upside and better player. Odom, Alridge and Roy....Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides if Odom has any sense, he should be pissed Lakers have agreed with Artest before even taking care of him.

Go to Portland Odom!

JoeRealist
07-07-2009, 02:07 AM

With what money dude? WHere are they getting this cap and money from? Odom is gone. I'll bet anyone that he won't be a Laker. Teams are feeling players out right now and every passing day drops their value. Odom is going to Portland.

Bye LA. You just lost Odom and Ariza for an overrated big mouth artest! hahahahaha

kobelaughsatall
07-07-2009, 02:13 AM
With what money dude? WHere are they getting this cap and money from? Odom is gone. I'll bet anyone that he won't be a Laker. Teams are feeling players out right now and every passing day drops their value. Odom is going to Portland.

Bye LA. You just lost Odom and Ariza for an overrated big mouth artest! hahahahaha

more like u r wishing and hoping he doesn't sign with la because u kno if we sign him its all over for the rest of the league and yea artest is 10x better than ariza so i don't think they are fretting over it. lamar loves la he isn't going anywhere so get used to it, he isn't about the money. y would he go to portland when he can get another ring in la.
lol give me a break man

JoeRealist
07-07-2009, 02:19 AM
more like u r wishing and hoping he doesn't sign with la because u kno if we sign him its all over for the rest of the league and yea artest is 10x better than ariza so i don't think they are fretting over it. lamar loves la he isn't going anywhere so get used to it, he isn't about the money. y would he go to portland when he can get another ring in la.
lol give me a break man

Portland with Odom>Lakers without Odom and Ariza.

nuff said.

kobelaughsatall
07-07-2009, 02:21 AM
again odom isn't leaving la. do u not understand this.

JoeRealist
07-07-2009, 02:28 AM
again odom isn't leaving la. do u not understand this.

He isn't?

Why havn't they signed him yet? Why did Brown get signed before him? It's been a week into FA and we've heard nothing. Portland has the money. The Lakers do not. Sorry. Rudy will get traded for a PG.

GoatMilk
07-07-2009, 02:30 AM
no one has signed yet bro.

can't sign til wednesday.

chill out. odom is staying a Laker

DCB/LAL
07-07-2009, 02:31 AM

OK umm this is why you should know whats going on before you post LA has Odoms bird rights so they can match any offer thats offered to him.

kobelaughsatall
07-07-2009, 02:32 AM
He isn't?

Why havn't they signed him yet? Why did Brown get signed before him? It's been a week into FA and we've heard nothing. Portland has the money. The Lakers do not. Sorry. Rudy will get traded for a PG.

so what we haven't heard anything yet that means nothing. u r gonna feel real stupid in a few days. hey fellow laker fans somone do me a favor and quote this guy lol. lamar LOVES la he is staying!

Teeboy1487
07-07-2009, 02:32 AM

:confused: We have not lost odom. What are you talking about? Odom has not signed anything unless you have a link up your sleeve. Besides, we are still the champions. :dance2:

i.got.the.nutz
07-07-2009, 02:33 AM
Odom's staying in LA!!!

JordansBulls
07-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Odom's staying in LA!!!

What are the Lakers offering him?

NeutralFan
07-07-2009, 10:05 AM
He isn't?

hey moron how do the lakers not have the money? he is currently on the roster. they can pay him what they want to pay him. which crappy team are you a fan of anyways? boston,san antonio, denver?

MadBomber
07-07-2009, 11:53 AM
it's a ploy created by his agent so they can have more leverage negotiating LOs contract. too easy. he will stay a laker though, the front office knows these tricks.